Antithesis by mandancie
Summary: This story is from the Summer Fic Fest. A prompt by Scorpia that I saw on Potions and Snitches website. Harry is kidnapped and Draco is the only one who saw it happen and who knows who did it.
Categories: Parental Snape > Godfather Snape, Parental Snape > Guardian Snape, Fic Fests > #18 Summer 2015 Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Draco
Snape Flavour: Snape Comforts, Snape is Loving, Snape is Stern
Genres: Drama, Hurt/Comfort
Media Type: None
Tags: Alternate Universe, Kidnapped!Harry
Takes Place: 6th summer
Warnings: Out of Character, Rape
Prompts: Draco is the Only Witness
Challenges: Draco is the Only Witness
Series: None
Chapters: 23 Completed: Yes Word count: 52237 Read: 99036 Published: 21 Jun 2015 Updated: 20 Feb 2020
Chapter 14 by mandancie
Author's Notes:
A/N: I am so sorry for the lack of updates. The past few weeks have been really hard for me. I really do hope that you continue to stick with me with this story.

“Well, hello, Beautiful.”

Harry's eyes shot open.

No no no no no no, this could not be happening, he thought.

Harry looked around the room he was in. Because he did not have his glasses, he could not see much, but what he could see, did not help his situation.

“You're dead,” Harry gasped out.

“Now, now, why would I be dead?” The gravely man walked over towards the bed and sat down.

Tears burned Harry's throat as he saw that bastard getting closer and closer towards him.

“This is not happening,” Harry whispered. “You're dead.”

“Shh,” the man soothed, combing his fingers through Harry's hair.

Harry shuddered at the touch.

“Don't touch me,” Harry whimpered. “Get away from me.”

The man put his other hand on Harry's chest, moving it back and forth. He could feel the child tensing up under his touch.

“Just relax, my beautiful.” His voice was low, almost a growl in Harry's ear.

The offending hand began to lower, going to his stomach. Harry tried to move, but couldn't get away from the ministrations that he was doing. Finding his voice, Harry drew in a deep breath.

“PROFESSOR SNAPE!”

The hand that was gently rubbing his stomach rushed up to the child's mouth and gripped it tightly.

“I'm getting tired of hearing you scream for that man,” the gravely voice was no longer soothing it harsh. “You've been screaming for whoever that is for long enough and I'm tired of hearing it.”

Harry, momentarily stunned by what he just heard, stopped fighting. He never thought that he actually screamed before. Yes, his thoughts were always on his Potions Professor but he didn't remember actually vocalizing it.

“You will never see your Professor again,” the bastard said, bringing Harry out of his thoughts.

Tears were now streaming down the child's face. He could hardly breathe with that bastard's hand clamped over his mouth. Harry tried to move his arms and legs but they felt like there were weights on them. The feeling of being pinned to the bed overwhelmed him.

“Harry.”

Harry began to feel lightheaded. The big beefy hand was still clamped to his mouth. His mind began to fog.

“Harry.”

He barely heard the baritone voice that got him through the darkest days of his life.

“Harry, child, wake up.”

Harry, again, felt a hand on his chest and began to tense up again.

“Harry, I need you to take a breath and wake up.”

Harry heard the words but it didn't make sense to him. Take a breath. How could he take a breath when that bastard had his hand over his mouth?

“Breathe, child,” the soothing baritone voice said.

When it felt like his lungs couldn't take it anymore, Harry's body involuntarily took in a much needed deep breath. His mouth no longer felt as if a big hand was holding it closed. His surroundings were not the way they were before. Harry could feel his clothed arms and legs, moving them under the warm blanket that covered him. Harry, again, looked around the room and saw he was no longer in that dilapidated room.

“That's it, child,” Severus praised. “Wake up for me. You're safe now.”

Emerald eyes met onyx and once again, the feeling of safety, security and warmth filled within Harry. He realized that he really was safe now. That he was no longer with that bastard anymore.

“P'fessor.” Harry voice was no louder than a whisper.

“I'm here, Harry.”

“He's gone, right?” Harry's voice was thick with tears.

“Yes, Harry,” Severus said. “He will never hurt you again.”

Harry sighed, letting his eyes fall close again.

____0000______00000______00000

Ron paced back and forth in his room. Remembering what his father told him the night before, a small bit of anger rose up in him. Why couldn't he see his best mate? He'd always been there for Harry when it mattered. What made this so different?

His dad made it seem like it was so terrible. But after everything that the trio had been through, how terrible could it have been? He was always there for Harry. Both Hermione and him were there.

Continuing to pace back and forth, Ron made the decision that he was going to see his best mate and be there for him. All he had to do was to figure out how.

A knock on the door brought him out of his musing.

“Come in,” he called out.

Hermione walked into the room. A smile came across Ron's face.

“They found Harry,” he blurted out, when she closed the door.

“Your mum told me,” she replied with a smile on her face.

________0000_________00000__________0000

Baxter walked into Kingsley's office and sat down in the chair across from his desk.

“What can I do for you?” Kingsley said without looking up.

“I need you to come with me,” Baxter said. His tone was flat.

Kingsley looked at the man sitting across from him and saw that it seemed as if all color had drained from his face. Kingsley quickly lowered the quill in his hand and stood up. Baxter followed suit and they left out of the office without saying another word.

_____0000____0000________0000_________0000

Albus walked through the floo, as he's always had, and made his way through the study towards the living room. Severus was sitting on the couch, lost in thought.

“Severus,” Albus called out.

“Albus.”

Severus looked up at Albus. Albus could see the dark circles under the Potion Master's eyes.

“You need to rest, Severus,” Albus said sitting down in the chair next to the sofa Severus was sitting on.

“I'll worry about that later. Right now, I need to get everything ready for Harry's removal.”

“Removal?”

“I've been told to acquire a solicitor; I may be charged with murder.”

“What in Merlin's name are you talking about?”

Severus looked down, sighing. When he looked back up again, he told Albus everything that happened when he and Arthur got to the dilapidated house where Harry was.

Albus' face was grave, but he was also angered.

“Let me handle this,” Albus said.

“I stand by what I've done,” Severus said.

“Yes, and what about Harry?”

“He'll be going to the Burrow.”

“Don't you think that if I wanted Harry to stay with Arthur and Molly, I would have sent him there?” Albus asked, anger in his tone.

“Why does it matter now?” Severus asked, looking at Albus.

“Voldemort had his relatives killed,” Albus said. “Harry needs to be protected as well as continuing his training.”

“Training?”

“Yes.”

“Potter is broken.”

“And who's fault is that?”

“You're blaming me,” Severus said, incredulously.

“If you had taken him when I said, this would not have happened,” Albus said accusingly.

“If memory serves me right, it was you who held Poppy from coming to St. Mungo's while Minerva was there. If you hadn't delayed Poppy, I would have been at King's Cross station on time.”

“And if you have just called and checked to see if Harry was with Molly and Arthur when you returned home Harry wouldn't have suffered as much as he did.”

“Don't you think I know that?” Severus growled. “Why do you think I'm sending him to the Weasley's? He's not safe with me.”

Albus sighed. He knew the last thing he wanted to do was to add on to Severus' blaming. He originally came so that they could help with Severus not to blame him. He sat down on the chair across from Severus.

“Forgive me,” Albus said. “The last thing you need is someone blaming you.”

“Why not?” Severus asked. “It is my fault.”

“No, it's not,” Albus said, firmly. “You defended Harry. You got Harry. You saved Harry.”

“But Harry should not have been there.”

“Something that you can't change. No matter how much anyone would want to,” Albus sighed.

Severus looked at Albus.

“Where is Harry?” Albus asked, changing the subject.

“Asleep upstairs. As soon as I get word that Molly is ready to take him, I'm sending him over to the Weasleys'.”

“Have you told Harry that he's leaving?”

“It's what is best,” Severus said.

“After everything that you have told me that Harry's been through, don't you think that it would be best to get Harry's opinion about it? For the past two weeks, Harry had no choice in what happened to him. You would be taking his choice away from him like that monster did.”

“I am not that bastard,” Severus voice was sharp.
“No, you're not,” Albus agreed. “You will tell the child what is going on and why he has to be moved.”

Severus knew that Albus was right, but the last thing he wanted to do was to disappoint a child who was clinging to him, especially when he was the only one the child would allow close. Severus sighed.

_______0000________0000________0000______0000

“Arthur,” Kingsley called out from the fireplace. “Arthur, are you there?”

“Come through,” Arthur said as he walked into the living room.

Kingsley stepped through the floo holding something in his closed fist. When he stepped out of the hearth, he immediately enlarged what he had in his hand.

Arthur looked at the items and looked at Kingsley, a question look on his face.

“Potter's trunk.”

A surprised look came across Arthur's face as he looked back down at the trunk and satchel. Everything in front of him, he started to recognized then he noticed what wasn't there.

“Where's his owl?”

“The only thing we've found of that was an empty cage,” Kingsley said. “There was no evidence that they owl was anywhere where we found Potter's things.”

Ron was sitting at the top of the stairs, listening to his father and Kingsley talking. He stepped out of the room to get Hermione and him some snacks. Hearing that they had Harry's trunk, Ron stopped from his destination and sat quietly on the steps. He was happy that his mum or brothers came out of where they were alerting his father that someone was on the stairs.

“Severus will need to know we have this.” Ron heard his father say.

Ron stood up, and as quietly and as quickly as he could, he forgot about his original errand and headed back to his room where he could tell Hermione what he'd just learned.

“Well, I'll leave this with you,” Kingsley said, heading back to hearth. Arthur watched his friend leave, totally unaware that his youngest son learned that Harry's trunk was now in their possession.

Molly walked into the house. She was out in the yard in her small garden. Knowing that she would be having Harry for a while, she wanted to brighten up the room for him as well as trying to make him as comfortable. She had herbs in her apron so she could make a stew and tea for when Harry arrives. She stopped at the door when she saw what was in the middle of their living room.

“What is this?” Molly asked, bringing Arthur out of his thoughts.

“Kingsley brought these over. It's Harry's trunk.”

“They found it,” Molly gasped, walking over towards her husband.

“Yeah, they found it,” Arthur said, grimly.

Molly noticed that Arthur wasn't sounding as joyous as she was about having Harry's trunk.

“What is it?” Molly asked.

“Hedwig wasn't with this. They found her cage with the trunk but not her. Kingsley suspects that during the time that Harry was captured, they killed Hedwig and disposed of the animal.”

Molly dropped the herbs as her hands went to her mouth to cover the crying that wanted to escape her. Arthur rushed to her, wrapping her in his arms as he wandlessly levitated the herbs she dropped an sent them to the kitchen. Molly sobbed in her husband's arms.

“Can't we give that child some good news?” Molly sobbed. The sound of her words muffled against Arthur. “Hasn't he been through so much already?”

_____0000______00000_______00000______000

Hermione looked up when she saw the door open. When Ron walked in without anything in his hands, she stood up from the bed.

“Where's the tea?”

“I know where Harry is,” Ron said, excitedly.

“Where?” Hermione asked, forgetting about the tea.

“He's with Snape.”

“Why? I would have thought that he would be here or St. Mungo's,” Hermione speculated.

“Well, I'm going to go and see him. Maybe bring him here.”

“And how do you plan on doing that?” Hermione asked, sitting back down on the bed. “If he's with Professor Snape, then how do you plan on getting there? You don't even know where he lives. He could still be at the school.”

“Dad said that they had to let Snape know that they had Harry's trunk. So, I'll try and sneak over there when he does.”

Hermione shook her head. “And how do you propose you can do that without being seen?”

“Harry's trunk is here,” Ron said, as if she should have caught on. “His invisibility cloak is in there.”

______00000________00000_______00000_____00000

Albus left, leaving Severus sitting on his sofa. Severus thought about everything that was said. Of course, he blamed himself for what happened to Harry. How could he not? He didn't deserve to have Harry with him. Harry wasn't safe with him.

Severus thought about the man he killed. He had never taken a life before. He thought back on that night, listening to what that vile man was saying. He had done some despicable things while he was a Death Eater, but nothing could compare to what he listened to with that bastard. It was pure torture that Harry was put through.

The things Severus said while trying to get in that bastard's good graces and speak freely about Harry and all the other boys he sold made Severus feel dirtier than he'd ever feel while he was a Death Eater. To know that there are people out there like that just sickened him.

Severus saw everything that bastard did to Harry. Two weeks of torture, rape, and deprivation. He could still hear in his head how that bastard tried to justify what he was doing to the boy was alright. As they sat at the table, it took a lot for Severus to not kill him then after he looked inside the man's mind and saw the last two weeks. The only thing that stayed his temper was the knowledge that he did not know what room Harry was in and waited until the man pointed it out. When he finally did and called Harry that word again, Severus couldn't take it anymore.

He would always to this day stand by what he did and if he had a chance to do it again, he would do it the same way.

Severus was taken out of his thoughts when his floo flared.

“Severus,” Arthur called out.

“I'm here,” Severus said, standing up and walking towards the fireplace.

“They found Harry's trunk,” Arthur said.

“Why does it feel like you are about to tell me some bad news?” Severus asked, kneeling.

“They found Hedwig's cage, but not Hedwig. They believe that they killed Harry's owl shortly after kidnapping him.”

Severus sighed.

“Is Molly ready to receive Harry?” Severus asked, changing the subject.

“Yes,” Arthur answered. “Will you leave your floo opened so that we can come through?”

“I need to talk with Harry first, but I will leave it open,” Severus said.

“Just floo over when you are ready,” Arthur said.

Pulling his head out of the flames, Arthur got up and walked into the kitchen. A short while later, Ron snuck downstairs and went to his best mate's trunk. With quiet precision, Ron pulled the invisibility cloak and wrapped it around his arms. Quietly he walked over to the kitchen doorway and looked in on his parents. He heard his father tell his mum that Severus was leaving his floo open. Ron smiled at the news and quickly and quietly went to the flames, that were still green, and walked through, stepping out to what he knew was to be his Potions Professor's house. Not letting the shock of how Professor Snape's house looked deter his mission, Ron began his quest of finding his best mate so that he could bring him home to the Burrow.

Severus walked upstairs to Harry's room. Lightly knocking on the door, Severus opened it and went in. He saw that Harry was awake.

“Harry,” Severus said.

A small smile ghosted over the child's lips. Severus' heart dropped at that. He worried about how he was going to take what he was about to tell him.

“Professor.”

“Harry,” Severus said, sitting down on the edge of the bed. “Somethings have come about.”

“What?” Harry asked turning his head towards his Professor.

“I am most likely to be charged for what happened at that house,” Severus said, looking over the child to see how he would take the news. When he got no reaction, he continued. “If I am to be charged, then you will have to go someplace else.” Harry's breathing began to quicken. “Calm down, child,” Severus soothed. “You will be safe. I will make sure of that.”

“I'm only safe with you,” Harry gasped through quick breaths.

“Calm down, child,” Severus reached out patting the boy's chest in an attempt to calm him down. “If I'm arrested, I won't be here.”

“Oh god,” Harry cried, moving his head, looking up at the ceiling. “You can't leave me,” Harry said looking back over to his Professor.

“Harry, I killed a man. I will have to answer for that.”

Ron slowly walked through the house. He could hear voices and could tell that it was Harry's and Professor Snape's voices, so he followed them and saw a room just off the stairs on the second floor. Quietly he walked towards the room, clutching the cloak so that he would not be seen. When he walked in the room he did not expect to see what was in front of him. Professor Snape, the most hated Professor in school, sitting on the bed trying to soothe and calm Harry.

“You will not leave me,” Harry declared again, not listening to his Professor's voice.

“Harry, you much calm down, child.” Severus said.

Severus could feel Harry's magic starting to build in the room. There was other things that he needed to tell Harry, but right now, the only thing that was required was him calming the child down before his magic was unleashed again.

“I am only safe with you,” Harry said. Tears streaming down his face. “You will not leave me.”

Ron looked at the scene and could not believe it. Harry was laying in the bed crying for the Git of the Dungeon. Harry was supposed to be safe with him and his family not the Greasy Git next to him. Not thinking, Ron pulled the cloak off of his head.

“HARRY,” Ron said.

In that instant, all was quiet. Harry stopped talking. Severus stopped talking. Harry's head shot up and looked towards the doorway and saw a blur of red hair. He recognized the voice immediately and did not want his best mate to see him like this. No no no no no no. Ron was not supposed to see him like this; weak.

Severus stood and turned towards the door when he heard the Weasley child's voice. He was about to yell a tirade to the child asking why was he here. That never happened.

“NO!” Harry yelled.

The force was so strong that Ron was knocked off his feet and hit the opposite wall. The door to the room slammed shut. Severus felt the force of the child's magic and was almost thrown from his feet as well.

From the force of his magic, Harry laid unconscious on the bed.

The End.


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=3228