Antithesis by mandancie
Summary: This story is from the Summer Fic Fest. A prompt by Scorpia that I saw on Potions and Snitches website. Harry is kidnapped and Draco is the only one who saw it happen and who knows who did it.
Categories: Parental Snape > Godfather Snape, Parental Snape > Guardian Snape, Fic Fests > #18 Summer 2015 Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Draco
Snape Flavour: Snape Comforts, Snape is Loving, Snape is Stern
Genres: Drama, Hurt/Comfort
Media Type: None
Tags: Alternate Universe, Kidnapped!Harry
Takes Place: 6th summer
Warnings: Out of Character, Rape
Prompts: Draco is the Only Witness
Challenges: Draco is the Only Witness
Series: None
Chapters: 23 Completed: Yes Word count: 52237 Read: 99032 Published: 21 Jun 2015 Updated: 20 Feb 2020
Chapter 15 by mandancie

Chapter 15

Molly gathered the last of what she needed to finish up the room for Harry. She thought about what she was told about the child's abduction. Looking at the bed one more time, she cast another cushioning charm on the worn mattress. From the description that Arthur gave her about the bed he was on when they found Harry, she didn't want her mattresses bring back awful memories for the boy. She wanted to make Harry as comfortable as she could possible make him.

“Molly,” Arthur called form the downstairs.

Molly knew there was nothing more that she really could do to the room, but for the first time she was nervous about making sure that everything was perfect for the boy whom she'd grown to love as her own.

“We need to head back over to Severus'.”

Molly walked down the stairs to see her husband standing at the bottom. Reaching out his hand, he grasped his wife and together they walked over to the hearth. The flames were still green from the last time they walked over. In step with each other, they walked into the flames then nothing happened.

______0000_________0000__________0000

Kingsley walked into his office. For the first time in the past few days he actually had a glimmer of hope. He was quickly surprised to see that his office was currently occupied. Not even seeing the front of the man, he knew who was standing in his office.

“I was wondering when I would see you,” Kingsley said, walking towards his desk.

“Kingsley,” Albus said in a way of greeting.

“I would ask what could I do for you, but I think I already know why you are here.”

“Severus.”
Kingsley nodded.

“Albus,” Kingsley said, sitting down. “I know you want to help.”
“Then let me,” Albus said, cutting the man off. “Severus can not got to Azkaban for this.”

“He may not have to,” Kingsley said with a smirk.

“What do you mean?”

__________00000_________00000_________000000

“What just happened?” Molly asked, walking out of the hearth.

“Something not good,” Arthur responded, following his wife.

Molly walked over to her couch and sat down.

“Why can't we get through? Severus said he would leave the floo open.”

“It is open,” Arthur said. “But something is keeping us from going through. I know you felt that.”

“Yes, it was strong whatever it was.”

“This is not good,” Arthur declared.

“What do you mean?”

“If we can't get to Severus, then that means that probably no one can. If indeed Severus is arrested and no one can get into his house, it may be perceived as he's resisting. I need to get to Kingsley before they arrest Severus.”

Arthur rushed out of the house, heading towards the apparation point.

_____0000______00000_______00000

Hermione began to worry. Ron had been gone for a while. Not wanting to stay in the room much longer, Hermione headed towards the stairs. When she got to the top of them, she heard Mr. and Mrs. Weasley talking. She heard what sounded like the end of the conversation as she heard Mr. Weasley leave the house. Walking down the stairs, she thought she would keep Mrs. Weasley company.

“Hermione, dear,” Molly said, a little surprise in her tone when she saw the girl at the end of the staircase. “Did you or Ron want something?”

Hermione opened her mouth to respond to that, but quickly shut it. After everything everyone had been through, she really didn't want to lie to the woman.

“Ron's not here,” Hermione finally said after a moment of silence.

“What do you mean, Ron's not here?” Molly walked over to the child. “Where would he go?”

Molly usually wasn't this protective of her children. As long as they were in her house and didn't destroy it in the process, she pretty much let them have run of the house. She didn't really have to worry about most of her children. It was mostly the twins that she feared would burn the house down with their fireworks. But after what happened to Harry, she needed to know where her children were at all times.

Not waiting for the girl to answer she rushed over to the clock on the other side of the room. Looking at the spoon handle hands on the clock, she saw that Ginny was with relatives. The twins were at their shop in Diagon Ally. Bill and Charlie were out of the country and Percy and Arthur were at the Ministry. Looking at the hand that had the picture of her youngest son, it was pointing at 'Not Home.'

Quickly as she could, Molly turned and faced a now scared looking Hermione.

“Where is he?” she growled out.

“Professor Snape's house,” Hermione squeaked.

All the color drained from the matriarch’s face. Reaching for the girl, she grabbed hold of her wrist and they headed out of the house.

“We have to hurry. Arthur went to the Ministry. Hopefully we can let them know that Ron's there as well.”

Hermione allowed herself to be dragged by the woman and once they finally did slow down, she felt a slight tug behind her navel. The next moment they were standing in the entrance of the Ministry.

As quickly as they could, they headed for Kingsley's office.

_____0000_________0000________0000_______0000

Arthur rushed down the hallway towards his friend's office. Without bothering to knock, he opened the door. Apologies already on his lips, for he knew he was barging in the man's office, but the words died on his tongue when he saw the Headmaster sitting across from the man.

“Headmaster,” Arthur said. His voice showed how stunned he was.

“Arthur,” Albus said. “Pleasure to see you again. Though I wish this were better circumstances.”

“Forgive my intrusion, but something's come up.”

“What is it Arthur?” Kingsley asked.

“For some reason, Severus' floo is blocked. If he were to be arrested, it would look as if he were resisting.”

“Calm yourself, Arthur,” Kingsley said.

Arthur looked dumbfounded at his friend and then saw the twinkle in the Headmaster's eyes.

“What's going on?” Arthur said.

“We found another guy that worked with that man,” Kingsley said with a hint of pride in his tone.

It took a second to figure out what Kingsley was talking about, since Arthur was more worried about the implications of Severus' floo. Then realization dawned on the man. His shoulders relaxed as a smile came across his face.

“So what does this mean?” Arthur asked. He probably knew but he wanted to be sure.

“He confessed,” Kingsley said, then his tone darkened. “He also gave us names of other children. Sadly, quite a few children. I am confident that if someone comes to make a issue about the death of the scum of a man, they will not want it known that he did his illicit business. Baxter is now searching for the buyers of those children. I'm hoping that he can find them soon.”

“So, he sold children as well?” Albus asked.

“From what the guy said in his confession, yes,” Kingsley replied.

The room was quiet for a second. Albus looked at Kingsley.

“So, what will this mean for Severus?”

“At first, we knew this would probably not be able to be 'swept under the rug' per say. The company in which that man worked for would have wanted someone to pay for killing him. But in light of what we have now, they don't want a bad name mixed in with their company.”

An audible sigh escaped Arthur's lips as he sank down in the chair. He never liked the idea of Severus taking full responsibility for killing that man. He knew he would not have been able to live with himself if he did. Now that Severus wouldn't be arrested, a small weight lifted from his shoulders.

The calmness in the office was once again interrupted when once again someone burst through the door. This time it was Molly with Hermione in tow.

_______0000_______0000________0000______0000

After everything was filled in for Molly, she then told them her news. Everyone left the office and headed for the Burrow. When they walked into the sitting room, they all could see the the floo was in fact still opened. Albus walked over to the hearth, slowly. Once he got to the flames, he reached out and put his arm through the green flames. He closed his eyes.

“Severus didn't block the floo,” Albus said withdrawing his hand.
“What do you mean?”

“How do you know?”

Albus faced everyone and raised his hand to stop the questions.

“I know Severus' magical signature. That's not his. It's Harry's.”

“Harry's?” Hermione said. “But why would Harry do this?”

“Ron,” Arthur said. “Albus, we need to get in there. If Harry's magic did this, there is no telling what he's done to Ron or Severus. They may need help.”

“I agree,” Albus said. “But until that block is down we can't floo there.”

“There has to be another way into Severus' house.” Molly said.

“There is,” Albus said. “But there is only one person that knows exactly where and how to get in.”

“Who?” Kingsley asked.

_________00000________000000________00000

Poppy sat in her chambers. It had been a long time since she brought up her own rape. She remembered it was very hard for her to even say the word much less admit that that what had happened to her. She remembered the scared feelings and the anxiety. The sleepless nights. Never would she want to wish that on her most hated enemy. Tears began to burn her throat as she knew the hardship Harry would probably have to face once he really was to come to terms about what happened to him.

Poppy was brought out of her musing by a knock on her door.

“Who is it?” Poppy asked as she headed to the door.

“Albus.” His tone was muffled through the panels.

Opening the door, she had a small smile on her face.

“And what brings you to my door?” she said, allowing the Headmaster to come in.

“I need your help,” Albus said, not walking in any further than the doorway.

“What is it?” the matron asked. “Is it Minerva? Is she alright?”

“Minerva is fine,” Albus soothed, raising his hand. “I need you to go to Severus'.”

“Why?” Poppy's brow furrowed. “What's happened?”

“Harry's blocked the floo,” Albus told her. “We cannot get in by that means. You know Severus. He is a private man and I know he only gave you knowledge of how to get to his house.”

“But I -”

“I'm not asking you to tell me,” Albus said, cutting her off. “I'm asking you to go there. If Harry's magic has blocked the floo then there is no telling what it has done to Severus and Ron.”

“Ron? Ron Weasley?” Poppy asked in disbelief. “What was Ron doing there?”

“Those are questions we need to ask Ron when we see him. For now, let's just worry about getting inside. Please, Poppy?”

Poppy nodded.

“Let me get my satchel,” Poppy said.

“I will not escort you, my dear,” Albus said, walking out of the still opened door. “You were intrusted with this information. I will not ask you to break it. I'll be at the Weasleys'. Severus left the floo open for them before Harry's magic blocked it. Once you get inside, check on everyone and then see about getting Harry to unblock it.”

Poppy watched Albus as he turned and left down the hallway towards the moving staircase.

TBC

The End.


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=3228