From Always to Forever by Lady Lanera
Summary: Still dealing with the events from Kinship, Harry and Severus pick up the pieces that had been left behind. However, is there an even sinister plot afoot for them this year?
Categories: Parental Snape > Biological Father Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Sinistra
Snape Flavour: Snape Comforts
Genres: Family
Media Type: None
Tags: Alternate Universe
Takes Place: 3rd Year
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: Tragedy
Chapters: 31 Completed: Yes Word count: 89605 Read: 59786 Published: 14 Sep 2015 Updated: 22 Dec 2016
Key by Lady Lanera
Author's Notes:
Holy crap, Batman. I'm updating quick nowadays, aren't I? Enjoy. :)
Sighing for what seemed the hundredth time that night as he sat at one of the tables in the library, Harry turned the page of his Defense book. He could feel Hermione's eyes fall once more on him before she returned to reading her own book again. It wasn't right. Something was wrong. He knew it, so why didn't the others believe him?

"What do you know? The bookworms are at it again," a familiar voice mocked nearby, resulting in a few snickers from the onlookers. "What are you reading about this time, Potter? Unforgivables?"

Harry frowned in response, but kept his eyes focused solely on his book. He would be the bigger man and ignore the idiot that used to be his best friend.

"Snape could teach you all about those. Actually, you know, I'm curious. How many innocent people did your dad kill anyway when he was a Death Eater?"

Harry felt his nails dig into his palms. He would give anything to punch that prat in the face.

"Ronald Weasley," Hermione hissed dangerously, her book slamming shut.

"Of course you'd come to his defense," Ron scoffed. "Anything to remain teacher's pet."

Harry's eyes briefly flickered towards Hermione to see her reaction. He was relieved to see that she looked murderous and not hurt instead.

Ron's face then turned real ugly for a moment before he sneered, "It's Levi-O-Sa, not Levio-Sar!' And you wonder why no one likes you."

Shooting up from his chair like a rocket, Harry moved to punch his ex-friend in the nose. However, before he could, a deep violet jet of light struck Ron in the chest and sent him flying back into a bookcase. Harry whirled around instantly.

"Don't look at me," Hermione said flabbergasted. "I didn't do that."

Harry's eyes darted behind her before he saw the hint of black robes retreating back into the darkness. Draco, he realized, had been the culprit. As Harry noticed Madam Pince rushing towards them, he sprinted off after the blond. In the whole thick of things of this year, he had forgotten all about Malfoy and last year.

As he went deeper into the library and found the light dimming, Harry wondered for a moment if he was walking into a trap. After all, when he and Ron had left Hogwarts last year, they were still friendly with one another. However, this year was the complete opposite for some reason.

"Malfoy, come on. Knock it off. We both know it was you. I just want to talk to you for a second," Harry said through heavy pants as he attempted to catch his breath. He turned another corner and quickly skidded to a halt at the sight in front of him. Mum? There in front of him was his mum, leafing through a heavy tome. He was about to say something to her when another voice spoke up from across the way from him.

"You should be resting, Aurora," Professor Lupin said as he and Professor McGonagall approached her from behind.

"You need your strength after all," Professor McGonagall said softly.

"My strength?" Aurora scoffed, rolling her eyes. From where Harry was hiding, he knew she couldn't see him, but he could definitely see her. "And what exactly strength would that be? I mean, let's be honest here. None of you really expect me to live past a few months now."

"Aurora," McGonagall rebuked instantly.

"What? I'm being honest. I mean, you heard her. My body is slowly shutting down. No reason. It just is." She tossed the book back up onto the shelf. "So, what good is fighting when I'm going to lose?"

"You don't know that."

"No? Then tell me, Minerva. Why do you think Severus left?"

"Aurora," Lupin cut in sadly.

"No, I asked Minerva, Remus, not you," Harry's Mum replied coldly.

"He's trying to save you," argued Lupin.

"Save me?" Aurora scoffed loudly, shaking her head. "And just how is his leaving going to save me exactly? Can he undo everything my mother did to me—whatever that is?"

"He went to see Voldemort."

Harry instantly tensed. His dad did what?

"He did WHAT?"

"He believes that Voldemort is the key. And while I don't agree with his action, I can certainly understand it. He does not want to lose you, Aurora."

"He's an idiot. A bloody stupid idiot," she snarled. "What makes him think that the Dark Lord would even give him the answer he seeks? Voldemort wants to torture him for pity's sake. He's—oh dear Circe—He's wearing his goddamn heart on his freaking sleeve for Merlin's sake! Has he gone completely mad?"

Harry was wondering the same thing actually.

"He loves you, Aurora," Lupin reiterated.

"That doesn't give him the right to be a bloody Gryffindor! I'd expect it from Harry or Sirius, but . . . What the hell was he thinking?"

"Love makes us do funny things," McGonagall said softly.

"So, what then, you two let him go off alone to see a master manipulator who has already used him once before?"

Harry bit his lip to keep from laughing. It wasn't funny at all really, but the way she said it . . .

"He's not alone. Kingsley is accompanying him."

"Oh bloody brilliant! Two emotionally charged wizards with their hearts on their sleeves. Bravo! Really. This couldn't get much worse if you tried."

"Aurora . . ."

"You sent my ex-boyfriend and my current boyfriend to visit a sociopath, and neither one of you seems to understand how stupid that was." She shook her head. "Thank Circe neither of you have found Black yet, as you'd likely throw him into the mix as well."

"Your sarcasm—"

"Is the only thing stopping me from punching either of you, I assure you," Aurora grumbled. "I can't believe you two."

"He'll be fine, dear," McGonagall reassured.

"Of course he will," Aurora drawled sarcastically. "A healthy dose of emotional pain brought on by the man who murdered your first love is always a good thing."

"And here I thought Severus was the master of sarcasm," replied Lupin dryly.

"I may feel like crap, Remus, but I can still kick your arse. So do not tempt me," she warned before she glanced at McGonagall. "Do either of you know what you've done? Who is going to pick up the pieces after Voldemort gets done ripping him apart again? Me? Because I can barely keep myself together to be honest."

"We know, but if this works—"

"If this works, then you better stay the hell out of my sight once I'm healed. Because this is beyond all levels of idiocy." She then gasped suddenly, grabbing her chest.

Harry couldn't help but step out from his hiding spot and yelling, "Mum!" He caught the quick flinches from the others, but ignored them and moved towards her. "Mum, are you all right?" She grabbed his forearms a moment later, gasping.

"Harry?" she said with a confused look.

"I'm here, Mum," he replied, his heart beating wild.

"A—az—Azrial," she stuttered through gasps.

"Azrial?" the young man repeated puzzled. His eyes widened when she yanked her necklace off, thrusting it into his hand. "I don't understand. Mum, what's that?"

"Her strength's giving out," McGonagall called out as she and Lupin grabbed Aurora.

"What's going on?" Harry asked, looking at them helplessly. He could see they didn't know either. "Mum, what's Azrial?" She pushed his hand holding her necklace into his chest instantly.

"Severus, Harry . . . Severus . . ."

"I—Mum, I don't understand." He glanced at his hand and then back to her. Did she want him to give her necklace to his dad for some reason? And what was this Azrial? "Give me something more. Please? Mum? MUM!" When he saw the blood starting to fall from her lips, he felt his stomach drop.

"Hospital Wing. NOW!" McGonagall yelled before it faded to black for Harry.

The End.
End Notes:
Next chapter, Severus...


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=3258