From Always to Forever by Lady Lanera
Summary: Still dealing with the events from Kinship, Harry and Severus pick up the pieces that had been left behind. However, is there an even sinister plot afoot for them this year?
Categories: Parental Snape > Biological Father Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Sinistra
Snape Flavour: Snape Comforts
Genres: Family
Media Type: None
Tags: Alternate Universe
Takes Place: 3rd Year
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: Tragedy
Chapters: 31 Completed: Yes Word count: 89605 Read: 59792 Published: 14 Sep 2015 Updated: 22 Dec 2016
Guilt Trip by Lady Lanera
Author's Notes:
Bit of a short teaser chapter, I know. Enjoy. :D
The moment Severus reappeared in the densely wooded area, he found himself wondering if he had the right address. There was nothing but large oak trees all around him. Frowning, he pulled his wand out from his sleeve and cast a quick locator spell, which quickly confirmed he had the correct area. He saw nothing but trees, though.

Flicking his wand around the area to test it, he cast nearly all the spells he knew in order to reveal the home's location. It took several minutes before he finally saw the ripple in a shield nearby. He had to give the man credit for casting such a strong invisibility shield around his home. Though, Severus would expect no less from an Auror as skilled as the man was.

As the ripples spread out further and revealed more of the home, Severus approached the front door, sliding his wand back up into his sleeve again. It was a quaint little cottage complete with a feel of fairies and the like. He brought his hand up to the smooth wooden door and knocked once.

It wasn't long after that the door opened to reveal a tall black man dressed in elegant periwinkle-and-silver robes.

"Professor Snape," the man murmured with apparent confusion.

"Auror Shacklebolt." The moment he said the man's name, he recalled the memory of their rescuing Aurora months back from where she had been held.

"Kingsley, please," the Auror replied with a nervous laugh. He then stepped aside, inviting Severus inside his home.

"I apologize for coming here on such short notice, but I require a moment of your time."

"Of course. Would you like a cup of tea?"

Severus shook his head, though. "I won't be here long." A few moments if Kingsley acted the way Severus expected him to.

"All right. What can I help you with, Professor?"

Now that the moment was there, Severus had to admit that he was starting to think it was a rather bad idea. He dreaded to think how Lupin might have been right earlier.

"You've heard about Aurora's condition I take it?" He saw the pain briefly flicker across the Auror's face before Kingsley nodded. If this were to work, though, he needed to use the man's past.

"I have." Shacklebolt then sighed heavily. "I had meant to visit her, but I assumed she didn't want any of us to make a big production out of it. You know how she is."

Severus forced the thin smile to his lips. The irrational side of him wanted to punch Kingsley in the face for that comment. Luckily, he was in control at the moment.

"Indeed."

"Is that why you're here, Professor?" Shacklebolt then became straight as a board. "Has her condition worsened?"

Ignoring the little twinge of guilt inside at his actions, Severus sighed quietly. He truly was a bastard some days. "The Healers do not understand what is happening to her. No one, it seems, does."

"What do you need, Severus?"

He had blinked before he glanced at Kingsley. This was easier than he thought it would be.

"Need?" he repeated staring at the Auror.

"Yes, whatever you need, just say the word, and I'll do it."

"Anything?" Severus murmured, the memory of Dumbledore asking the same of him years prior flashing in his mind. When he saw no hesitation in the Auror, he knew he had succeeded.

"Anything, Professor."

Like the perfect Slytherin he was, Severus struck. "In that case, I require immediate access to the Dark Lord."

"Professor—"

"Auror Shacklebolt, you are a man of your word, and I respect you tremendously for that," Severus cut in. "So when you said anything, I expected you to fulfill your word as you've done countless times before and grant me my request. You are a smart enough man to know that this isn't so I may rejoin his side. I require access because he knows exactly what is going on with her. Will you honestly deny me the chance to save her?"

"It's not a matter of—"

"Then what is it a matter of, Auror?" Severus replied harshly. He was growing tired of this game.

"I am a member of the Ministry."

"The same Ministry that kidnapped Aurora and countless other women just last year, yes, I am aware." He watched Shacklebolt blanch at that.

"What you are asking of me is nothing short of treason."

"No, Kingsley. What I am asking of you is to put yourself in my shoes and think what you would do to save her if given the chance. Would you allow someone to take the woman you love from you again without a fight? Or would you do everything in your power to save her?" Severus watched the battle rage on in the man's eyes for half a moment. He needed to push the man off the ledge. "There was a time not so long ago that you cared for her just as I do now. We both know this. Just as we both know how much she has been looking forward to being with me. Would you be the—"

"Damn you, Snape!" Shacklebolt growled, his hand clenching into a fist at his side. "Fine. I'll take you there."

Severus's lips curled upwards instantly.

"But on one condition."

Oh, but of course the Auror would have a condition. They always did.

"What is it?" he drawled.

"I'm there with you while you're interviewing him."

Severus forced his face to remain neutral. Inside, though, he felt rather childish for wanting to laugh at how cute it was that the Auror thought he was going to 'interview' the Dark Lord. As if they were all going to sit around a table and have tea.

"If you insist," he replied quietly, having already decided that the first moment he had after learning where the Dark Lord was that he would Stupefy the Auror.

"I do." Shacklebolt then sighed and shook his head. "Let's get this over with."

"My pleasure." Grabbing onto the Auror's arm a moment later, they vanished soon after.

The End.


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=3258