Twisted Oak Place by Cas245
Summary: Snape and Harry spend the summer together.

Done a thousand times before I know but I had to. Reworded
Categories: Parental Snape > Guardian Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required)
Snape Flavour: Snape Comforts, Out of Character Snape, Snape is Stern
Genres: Drama, Family
Media Type: None
Tags: Child fic, Deaged!Harry
Takes Place: 6th summer
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys, Physical Punishment Spanking, Profanity
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 11 Completed: Yes Word count: 7022 Read: 64783 Published: 29 Feb 2016 Updated: 24 Jul 2016
Chapter 10 by Cas245
Author's Notes:
Beta reader- sherl0ck3d on fanfiction.net
The first place they ended up seeing was the Ministry of Magic in the Department of Mysteries, the place where Harry had went to in a rush to save his godfather not even 2 months ago.
Bellatrix had already said the spell and Sirius was falling back…...No, Harry didn't want to see this and he desperately tried to rid Snape from his mind but his professor stayed put and Harry had no choice but to watch the next events. Sirius had fallen through the Veil now; his body had disappeared and now there was nothing of his godfather except in memory. Harry tried to run towards the Veil, thinking that there was still a chance but then he was held still by Remus who had wrapped his arms around Harry's torso.
A high pitched laugh was heard and Harry turned just in time to see Bellatrix's wild hair disappear into the darkness followed by the painful "I killed Sirius Black" which she taunted him with over and over.
Harry finally got rid of Remus's grip and he turned and bolted to the last place he saw the witch; watching her fall after he threw a hex at her. Harry now had his chance but as he stood over the pitiful form of the mad witch he found that he simply couldn't find it within him to kill.
Harry didn't want to see his failure again and this time succeeded in pushing Snape out of his mind although Snape didn't seem to be bothered with fighting.
"You have to let it go," were Snape's first words.
"You mean the fact that I killed my own godfather or the fact that I couldn't even kill a person I hate?"
"Both, you were not responsible for Black's death."
"I SHOULD HAVE LEARNED TO BLOCK OUT VOLDEMORT BUT I DIDN'T BECAUSE I HATED YOU AND BECAUSE OF MY HATE, I KILLED SIRIUS!" Harry yelled.
"Calm down." Snape told him.
"NO! I wish I had died instead." Harry yelled.
"You will die if you continue like this, the Dark Lord will obliterate you."
"Then I die." Harry shrugged.
"You are the last hope, it's not fair but you are the last hope for all of us." the other man reminded.
Harry turned away from Snape's dark gaze at this point, too embarrassed to face him any more as his eyes began to water.
"Everything is Voldemort's fault, Harry" Snape continued and Harry's gaze snapped back to face him as Snape said the name.
"If he never tried to rise to power, this wouldn't have happened; if he didn't try to kill you, your parents never would have died and you would have a normal life and avoided living with the Dursley's who DECIDED to treat you how they did. If he didn't come back to life, Cedric wouldn't have died, if he didn't want the prophecy, Sirius wouldn't have. NONE of this is your fault, but rather the fault of a tyrant who wants more power than anyone. Do you understand me?"
Things started clicking in Harry's mind, all of them connecting to make one solid chain of things that Harry had thought for ages but never discussed or talked about out loud. "You're right" he whispered and as those words were said and he truly believed it, changes began to occur.
A blinding flash of light lit up the dungeon and then Harry the 16 year old was back.
"Well that was kinda uneventful."
"Kind of," Snape corrected automatically. "Now that you're back let's try and get out of here shall we?"
Harry laughed - actually laughed - and it shocked Snape so much that he actually jumped.
"What is so funny?" Snape asked .
"A thought just occured to me and it's soooo obvious."
"What is it?" Snape snapped starting to become impatient.
"Dobby."
"Dobby?" Snape repeated "The Malfoy's old elf?" It took a moment and then Snape hit himself in the head with his hand.
"Of course."
"I released him" Harry said grinning "So he comes if I need him."
"Hurry up then."
"DOBBY!" Harry called.
The familiar pop of an apparition was heard.
The End.


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=3307