Vampires, Werewolf, and An Old Coot by mandancie
Summary: This is a AU story. Creature fic.
Categories: Big Brother Snape, Parental Snape > Guardian Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Dumbledore, Remus
Snape Flavour: Snape's a Bully, Snape Comforts, Snape is Depressed, Snape is Kind, Snape is Loving, Out of Character Snape
Genres: Family, Hurt/Comfort
Media Type: None
Tags: Injured!Harry, Vampire!Harry, Vampire!Snape
Takes Place: 3rd summer
Warnings: Out of Character
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 16 Completed: No Word count: 41760 Read: 36637 Published: 07 Mar 2016 Updated: 20 Feb 2022
Chapter 6 by mandancie

After the door closed, Albus looked at his son sitting across from him.

“Would you like to tell me what’s going on with you?”

Severus said nothing.

“Look at me,” Albus said.

Severus lifted his head to his mentor, his father.

Albus saw something in his boy’s face that he didn’t like. Severus was showing fear. Though Severus would deny it, Albus could always read his son’s eyes. Severus was skilled in Occlumency, so expressions would not show on his face. But it was Albus who taught him Occlumency, and he knew where to look to see his emotions. Severus’ eyes.

What Albus saw was fear. The question was why Severus was showing fear. Was it because he turned Harry? Was it because he believed he was in trouble? Or, what bothered Albus the most, was Severus worried that Albus would hurt him?

“Severus,” Albus soothed. “I have never raised my hand to you growing up. That will not change now. You are my son. I am not Tobias. I will not beat you. But we will discuss what you did wrong and how you will make it up.”

Severus lowered his head again.

“Eyes up, Severus,” Albus chided softly. “I know you did not mean to turn anyone, much less a child. But it has happened, and you will take responsibility for what you did. Am I understood?”

Severus gulped and nodded his head.

“Severus.”

“Yes, sir,” Severus said.

“Now, Harry is scared about what is happening to him. You will help him go through the changes, just like Remus and I were there for you. You will not be alone in this. Your brother and I will be there with you.”

“Yes, sir,” Severus answered.

“Now, I want you to stop sulking,” Albus said, clapping his hand, smiling. Albus stood from his seat and walked closer to Severus. “Let’s embrace Harry into the family. He is your fledgling now.”

Severus sighed and stood up. Albus put his hands on Severus’ shoulders, giving them a small squeeze. “Everything will be all right.”

____0000_____0000_____0000_____0000

Remus and Harry walked upstairs. Harry had his head down. His throat burned with tears. He didn’t understand why he felt like crying. When the two got to the second set of stairs, Remus stopped and stood in front of Harry, stopping him.

“Harry,” Remus said, sitting down on the stairs. “What’s wrong?”

Harry shrugged his shoulders.

“Come now, Harry,” Remus said, lifting Harry’s head. “You can tell me. What’s bothering you?”

“I don’t know what’s wrong with me,” Harry said. A tear he had been trying to hide, slid down his cheek.

“Now, now,” Remus said, pulling Harry closer to him. “There is nothing to be scared about. You’ll be fine. Severus and I will not let anything happen to you.”

“But Professor Snape doesn’t like me,” Harry blurted out.

Once it was said out loud, Harry started crying. Remus pulled Harry toward him and started hugging the child.

“I promise you, Harry,” Remus said softly, rubbing Harry’s back. “Severus likes you.”

Harry shook his head on Remus’ shoulder. “He hates me. He’s always hated me.” Harry mumbled in Remus’ shoulder.

The cries of Harry broke Remus’ heart. He knew he needed to get Harry to Poppy so that she could do a final check on him before going to his dad’s office, but he didn’t have the heart to move. He just sat on the stairs comforting Harry.

It was faint at first, but it got louder and louder. Remus could hear footsteps coming closer. Severus was taking the stairs two at a time. Remus saw him coming and could see his brother was operating on instinct, not realizing what he was doing. Remus could see the tears in Severus’ eyes when he was on the final steps. Severus didn’t say anything, he just grabbed Harry from behind, turning Harry around and holding the crying child in his arms.

“Why the tears, fledgling?” Severus asked, soothingly, in Harry’s ear.

Harry knew who was holding him. A part of him was scared if he said anything that he would be rejected. Another part wanted to hold on tight and never let go. No matter what. Severus propped Harry up so that he could walk up the last set of steps towards the Infirmary. Harry wrapped his legs around Severus’ waist. Remus, still sitting on the steps, watched his brother take Harry the rest of the way.

Albus walked up the stairs and stood beside Remus.

“What happened?” Albus asked.

“Severus is taking responsibility for his actions,” Remus said, standing up.

Albus smiled. “Come,” Albus wrapped his arm around Remus’ shoulders. “I have both my sons here, and now I have another. Let’s have some tea.”

Albus and Remus walked towards Albus’ office.

___0000____0000____0000____000

Severus walked into the Infirmary. He saw Poppy was sitting at her desk in her office.

“Poppy,” Severus called out.

“Severus,” Poppy said, getting up. “You can come in here. I want to run a final diagnostic on Harry,” pulling out her wand, “I’m sure he’s fine, seeing how he hasn’t let you go.”

“Yes,” Severus sighed, rubbing Harry’s back.

It didn’t take long for Poppy to run her diagnostics. Once she gave Harry the all clear, Severus headed to Albus’ office. Harry stopped crying, only hiccupping once and a while. His grip on Severus didn’t waver. For some reason, he just couldn’t let him go. He had to hold on for dear life.

Severus walked towards the gargoyle.

“Well, well,” the gargoyle said. “This is a wonderful sight.”

“Yeah, yeah,” Severus grumbled. “Will you let us in?”

“Of course,” the gargoyle said, moving out of the way.

Severus walked up the spiral stairs to see that his dad’s door was open.

“Come in, Severus, bring me my grandchild,” called out Albus.

Severus walked into the office and saw that Remus and Albus were sitting in the living room. Both of them were in the chairs, leaving the sofa empty. Severus raised his eyebrow at them.

“Well, since you have someone in your arms, it wouldn’t be too comfortable for you to sit in the chair,” Remus said, smiling.

Severus walked over to the sofa and sat down. He was surprised at how easy it was for him to hold Harry so long. His arms didn’t get tired. It was like Harry was supposed to be there. When he sat down, Harry’s feet uncrossed from behind his back and were bent on either side of Severus.

“Mr. Potter,” Severus said quietly. “There is much to discuss, and it cannot happen if you are clinging to me like a spider monkey.”

Harry's fist tightened on Severus’ robe.

“Come now, child,” Severus said, placing his hands under Harry’s arms and started pushing Harry away.

Harry’s knees dug into Severus’ side, and he tried to pull Severus closer to him.

“Dear boy—,” Albus started, but Remus held up his hand, shaking his head.

Remus nodded to Severus, the Potion Master sighed, and decided to take another approach.

“My fledgling,” Severus soothed in Harry’s ear. “You are not being rejected. You are mine. And mine, you will stay. In the two years that you’ve known me, have I ever lied to you?” There was a small shake of Harry’s head. “That’s right. But there are things that you need to understand, and I need to see your face.”

“You don’t hate me?” Harry’s question mumbled in Severus’ shoulder, but all three wizards heard the child.

“I’ve never hated you, Harry,” Severus answered. “I will never hate you, child.”

Harry slowly moved his head off of Severus’ shoulder and pulled away.

“You don’t hate me?” Harry asked again, looking at Severus.

“No, child,” Severus said, shaking his head.

A small smile crept on Harry’s face. Severus never thought he would feel warmth in his chest from seeing anyone smile at him.

“Are you ready to meet the rest of your family?” Severus asked.

Harry nodded, but still didn’t let go of Severus’ robes. Severus put his hand over one of Harry’s hands, his eyes never leaving the child’s. Harry’s grip loosened of the clothing but gripped Severus’ hand. Severus did the same with the other hand. Before Harry could object to what would happen next, he moved with such speed that he didn’t realize he moved until he stopped. He was now sitting on Severus’ lap; his back was to Severus’ chest. Harry was surprised that he wasn’t dizzy from moving so fast. He looked back at Severus. Severus winked at him. Harry turned back and saw the headmaster and Remus.

“Well, Harry, my dear boy,” Albus said, smiling. “Welcome to the family.”

Remus winked at Harry. Harry leaned back against Severus, smiling. He had a family.

TBC

To be continued...


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=3308