I Need You by Always1027
Summary: After the third task of the Triwizard Tournament, life in Privet Drive is even more horrible for Harry. Nightmares, chores, punishments... But his life will change when he finds a black cat.
Categories: Healer Snape, Reverse Roles > Healer Harry, Parental Snape > Guardian Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required)
Snape Flavour: Snape Comforts, Snape is Kind, Snape is Loving, Overly-protective Snape
Genres: Hurt/Comfort
Media Type: None
Tags: Adoption, Animagus!Snape, Hospitalization, Injured!Harry, Injured!Snape, Snape-meets-Dursleys, Spying on Harry! Snape
Takes Place: 5th summer, 5th Year
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys, Physical Punishment Spanking, Neglect, Profanity
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 11 Completed: No Word count: 25756 Read: 64349 Published: 22 Aug 2016 Updated: 26 Feb 2017
Chapter 9: Last Night by Always1027

After talking with his friends some more time, Harry decided that it was time to go back to Severus quarters. Ron and Hermione asked a few more times if he was ok, and after reassuring them that he was fine, he called Dobby to take him to Severus quarters.

He found Minerva and Severus talking.

“Hi Harry, did you have a good time?” Minerva asked him.

“I did, ma’am. What about you? How is his temperature?” Harry asked.

“Well, more or less, since your professor tried to kick me out of his quarters. And he’s better now, 37.5 the last time I checked.” Minerva said smiling.

“I did not do such thing. I only told you that I was going to be ok alone.” Severus said grumpily.

“Maybe you could have said it gently, instead of telling me that you could poison my tea if I didn’t leave, because you were perfectly fine Mr. Snape. I think we taught you some manners when you were young.” Minerva said glaring at him.

Harry started laughing and Severus flushed.

“That’s not a very intelligent thing to do, sir, since she can take points from Slytherin.” Harry said still laughing.

“She did it.” Severus muttered and Harry started laughing even more.

“Of course I did, young man. You can’t threat a former teacher.” McGonagall said amused.

Harry couldn’t breathe with the laughing attack; it was just too funny.

“10 points from Gryffindor, Mr. Potter. Stop laughing.” Severus said glaring at him but it had no effect on Harry.

Fifteen minutes later, Minerva left the two of them; but not before she gave the 10 points back to Gryffindor.

“So, did you have a good time child?” Severus said more relaxed.

“Yes, they took the news surprisingly well. They made an oath and I didn’t tell them everything, of course, so don’t worry. They only know that you are different now.” Harry said.

“Good.” Snape said smiling sadly at him.

“Something is wrong?” Harry asked.

“I just wish I could have realised about all this before.” He said.

“The past doesn’t matter now, don’t think about that.” Harry said smiling and putting his hand in the man’s arm. “Did you have a good time with McGonagall besides the incident with the points?”

“Yes, I was just a little angry when I woke up and she was in the room instead of you. But she’s one of the teachers that I can stand, I would never poison her.” Snape said and Harry laughed.

“I know you wouldn’t.” Harry said.


Dumbledore visited them before dinner and he gave Harry a letter his godfather had sent. He only stayed some minutes and then he left. Harry opened the letter and read it.

“What does it say?” Severus asked watching Harry laughing.

“That you disappeared during summer, but unfortunately it seems that you are recovering. Listen ‘Dumbledore told us that the greasy git disappeared during summer and got hurt, but sadly he is recovering. Remember what I told you kiddo, be careful with him. If he gives you a detention go to the Headmaster. I don’t want you alone with that Death Eater.’” Harry read laughing but Severus tensed.

“Are you… What are you going to do?” Snape asked.

“About?” Harry asked confused.

“Well, he has said that he doesn’t want you with me.” Snape told him frowning.

“Yes, he said the same thing in the previous letter and I’m still with you. I don’t care what he says, since he doesn’t really care for me.” Harry said.

“Harry, child, I don’t think…” Severus started saying, but Harry cut him off. He wanted to tell the kid that his godfather cared about him, even if he hated that mutt, he didn’t want Harry to be upset.

“Severus, since my final task I’ve received two letters. In none of them he has asked if I was ok, after all that happened. He’s only being immature.” Harry said.

“Are you going to reply?” He asked, knowing that Harry was right and he wasn’t going to convince him.

“No, he doesn’t ask anything. What could I tell him? ‘Hi Sirius, I’m writing you from Severus’ desk. I’m staying with him until tomorrow, and I’ve been with him for four days.’” Harry said and Severus smiled.

“I suppose you’re right.” Severus said.

“I am. Are you hungry?” Harry asked.

“Yes, a bit. But can you clean the wounds first? I don’t want Poppy here watching everything again.” Severus said.

“Fine, I’ll do it now.” Harry answered and got started in the task. “It looks much better; I suppose that tomorrow morning it will be the last time I have to do it. And your fever is breaking, tomorrow you’ll be perfect.”

“Hmm.” Severus said distracted.

“Aren’t you happy?” Harry asked.

“I guess I am.” Severus said.

“Severus, you’ll be free of the bed rest if you don’t have fever tonight. I thought you wanted that this morning.” Harry said.

“Yes, I did. It’s fine.” Severus said.

“Ok, sir. What’s bothering you?” Harry asked seeing that something wasn’t ok.

“Nothing Harry.” Snape answered.

“It isn’t nothing. Everything was ok until I said you looked much better. I thought that you were going to be glad.” Harry said looking at him.

“It’s nothing.” Severus said looking to the other side of the room.

“Severus, you know you can tell me. Aren’t you feeling ok?” Harry was starting to worry.

“It’s not that. Leave it, Harry.” The older wizard said angrily.

“No. Tell me what’s wrong.” Harry pushed him.

“DO YOU WANT TO KNOW? OK, FINE. IF I’M HEALED IT MEANS THAT YOU CAN LEAVE, AND THEN I’LL BE ALONE AGAIN, WITH NO ONE WHO CARES FOR ME. YOU’LL HATE ME AGAIN AND I’M USED TO YOUR COMPANY NOW, BECAUSE IN LESS THAN A WEEK I’VE BECOME FOND OF YOU!” Snape shouted.

To be continued...


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=3350