Pink! by HermioneGirl
Summary: A response to the challenge 'Pink!'
Categories: Parental Snape > Guardian Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Hermione, Ron
Snape Flavour: Snape is Kind
Genres: Humor
Media Type: None
Tags: Alternate Universe
Takes Place: 5th summer
Warnings: Out of Character
Prompts: Pink!
Challenges: Pink!
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 686 Read: 1680 Published: 22 Oct 2017 Updated: 26 Nov 2017
Pink! by HermioneGirl
Of course, it was Merlin Day. The day on the 23rd of July when wizards and witches all over the world honoured the legendary sorcerer, Merlin. Dumbledore had just left for Croatia on holidays, and Hermione, Ron, Severus and I had joined him there, just in time for the annual Merlin’s Ball.
Why we had to go, I have no idea, but Severus and Dumbledore seemed to think it was important. So, I went. After some protest of course, and the insistence that Hermione and Ron come.
So, there we were, on a plane to Croatia. Hermione was gazing out the window, and Ron was trying not to exclaim over the way Muggles get around. Every so often though, he leant over and whispered something like, “Why don’t they use heating charms for the food?” and “Look at this neat thing!” as he pulled out a life-jacket from under the seat. Needless to say, we did get in trouble for that one…
But now we’re wandering around the WMCOC (Wonderful Magical Centre Of Croatia) exclaiming at everything. Hermione dashes into a shop for a moment and comes out with something that she says is a ‘vucedol dove’, though Ron and I agree that it looks like a stone shell on two stumpy cylinders with a rectangular head.
Severus soon pulls us over to a small café selling all types of traditional Croatian food. I order the ‘Punjena Paprika’, which turns out to be peppers filled with minced meat. I try them, at Severus’ insistence, and am surprised to find that they’re okay. Ron, on the other hand, hates them, and Hermione graciously lets him share her zagrebacki odrezak, which is veal steak stuffed with ham and cheese, then breaded and fried.
We get ice creams afterwards, then go back to the hotel. Hermione has a small adjoining room to ours, which she retires to immediately. Severus shouts through her door, telling her to get ready for the ball, which is starting at 6:30 this evening.
“Okay Severus!” is the answer through the door.
He turns back to us. “Same to you boys,” he tells us. We nod, and start pulling our clothes out of our magically big suitcases. Ron pulls out a new set of dress robes, simple but nice, navy blue, with shiny black shoes. Mine are a deep bottle green, which Severus says brings out my eyes. I also have black shoes, identical to Ron’s.
At hearing a splutter from Severus, I whirl around, a shoes half way onto my foot. Ron gasps at the sight. Severus’ robes are bright pink. He points his wand at them, and tries to cast a colour change spell, so that they turn black. The colour bleeds into the fabric, but only half of it turns black, and Severus curses.
“Stupid household spells,” he mutters. He casts a reversing charm, and the black fades away. He spins around, his eyes narrowed, and stomps out to the WMCOC, telling us that he is going to try and find some new robes. When he is gone, Ron and I collapse on the bed with laughter, until Hermione enters.
Her face immediately turns confused at seeing us, but we ignore it. She is wearing a beautiful sky-blue dress. The top is a darker blue, and flatters her nice figure. The sleeves are short, and flutter. The skirt falls gracefully, flaring out from her hips, almost to the floor and swishes as she walks.
Half of her hair is falling gracefully to her shoulders, and the other half is pinned into braids. She grins at us, and asks, “Have you finished gaping yet? And why were you laughing?” We explain quickly, but she also sees the situation a few minutes later when Severus storms in, cursing.
“I’m going to have to wear the damn thing!” he says. He pulls them on, offers his arm to Hermione, and we walk out the door. Ron drops back beside me, and whispers, “You know, I never thought I’d say this, but pink looks good on Snape.”
The End.
End Notes:
Please leave a review and write another chapter!


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=3442