Harry Potter And His Three Godfathers v2 by Devilishlycute
Summary: What if Harry went back into the past to try and change Dumbledore's mind about leaving him with the Dursleys. How would he change with a different childhood? Rewritten version
Categories: Parental Snape > Godfather Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Remus, Sirius
Snape Flavour: Snape Comforts, Snape is Kind, Snape is Loving, Out of Character Snape
Genres: Family
Media Type: None
Tags: Alternate Universe, Baby fic
Takes Place: 0 - Pre Hogwarts (before Harry is 11)
Warnings: Out of Character, Romance/Het, Self-harm
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 11 Completed: No Word count: 61630 Read: 15773 Published: 19 Apr 2018 Updated: 22 Dec 2020
Chapter 5 Remember Me by Devilishlycute
Thank you goes to my beta swamygliders

Disclaimer: I don’t own Harry Potter Characters. No money is being made writing this story. I am just borrowing the characters.


Chapter Five - Remember Me


Remus since he was the closest to Harry caught him before he hit the floor. He lifted him into his arms and carried him over to the couch where he gently laid him down.

“Albus call for Poppy to come immediately.” demanded Severus.

Albus shook his head sadly and then rushed to the fireplace to floo call Madame Poppy Pomfrey. He threw the required powder into the fire and all but yelled, “Poppy!”

“Albus Dumbledore you don’t have to yell the place down. What can I do for you?” enquired Poppy as her face appeared in the fireplace giving him a scolding look.

“My apologies Poppy. Would you please come through someone here needs your expertise.” replied Albus with a bit of colour in his cheeks.

In the next moment, the fire flared green as Poppy Pomfrey came through to Albus’ office to see what she could do to help. What she saw was a boy of about fourteen laying on the couch.

“Who needs me Albus?” asked Poppy.

“The young man on the couch Poppy.” answered Albus.

“Who is he Albus? He looks like a Potter but I know for a fact that there is only one Potter left.” responded Poppy.

“Poppy do you remember when I brought in young Harry what he had on his forehead over his right eye?” Albus asked the nurse.

“Of course I remember Albus it was just last night, do you think me senile?” demanded Poppy.

“No my dear Poppy you are most definitely not senile. I ask you to go over to the young man on the couch and move his bangs aside and tell me what you see.” said Albus.

Poppy approached the young man and moved aside his bangs. What she saw made her mouth drop open. There bold as ever was the identical scar that she had treated on little Harry just last night.

Severus joined in the conversation at this point, “Poppy may I present to you Harrison James Potter, son of James Harold and Lily Anne Potter. Age 17 in his last year at Hogwarts. He used a time turner he borrowed from Albus to come back to change how he was raised and who is to raise him as well as other events that negatively influenced his life. You see the relatives Albus left him with in his time line severely abused him.” Severus revealed to a shocked Poppy.

“Poppy he was beaten and starved from the time he was left at his relatives at fifteen months til he was taken from them at the end of his fifth year. He was cutting himself to alleviate the mental anguish he was suffering from. At the end of his fifth year his godfather was killed so he went to the Astronomy Tower and cut himself but this time he cut too deep. I was on patrol that night and found him and took him to you where you stopped the bleeding and healed the wound. After that he told us why he did it and I went to Albus and he was taken away from his relatives and given to me. After rocky road we became close and then he came back to the past to make his life better.” explained Severus.

“Poppy something is wrong with him, one minute he was smiling then he suddenly grabbed his chest and collapsed. Can you help him?” explained Severus concerned.

Poppy shook herself then went into professional mode. She preformed several scans and was shocked to see all the damage the poor boy went through in his short life. When she finished her scans and stabilizing him she then turned to the men in the room with tears in her eyes.

“What is it Poppy? What is wrong with him?” asks Remus worriedly.

“This young man has been poisoned. I don’t know what poison it is but his organs are shutting down rapidly.” answered Poppy gravely.

“WHAT??” exclaimed the four men in the room.

No one noticed that Harry was coming to until he spoke sadly. “She is correct. I was poisoned slowly over a two month period. By the time it was caught it was too late. The person responsible slipped it into my pumpkin juice, I love it so much that I drink it all the time.” stated Harry sadly.

“Bet it was a bloody Slytherin scum that did it!” Sirius all but yelled through the room.

Severus sneered at Sirius. “Not all Slytherins are evil.”

“Uncle Severus is right Uncle Sirius. By the way you would loose that bet. It was someone from my own house, it was a Gryffindor. The person was an unknown follower of the Dark Lords. No one knew they were a Death Eater until it was too late.” Harry stated sadly.

“Impossible a Gryffindor would never turn on another Gryffindor,” insisted Sirius.

“Uncle Sirius what house was the rat in?” asked Harry.

That question shut Sirius up immediately. He had already forgotten about Pettigrew and his betrayal, only because it hurt to much to remember that a friend of theirs would do something like that to them.

“Harry what poison is it?” enquires Severus out of curiousity.

Harry looked over to Severus. “It’s called Astropolycarbon. It is not toxic in small amounts but if it is built up over a long period of time then the only outcome is death.” he answered.

“I have heard of it and it is a nasty poison. At first the victim feels no different then slowly their organs start to shut down slowly and painfully. The last organ to go is the brain but the heart is next to the last to shut down. Apparently it simulates what the muggles call a heart attack. “ Severus informed everyone.

“Yes so I was informed when it was discovered.” replied Harry wearily.

“Harry how was it discovered?” asked Remus gently.

“Well one of my best friends is a muggle born witch, she is very smart and loves to read. Well she had read about a spell that could detect poisons in drinks and food so she was showing us how it worked one day at lunch by using my juice as a test subject. The test detected a poison in my drink. We took the drink up to the head table immediately to inform Grandpa and the rest of the teachers of what Hermione, my friend, had detected and what spell she used. Grandpa handed the glass to Uncle Severus for him to do tests on it to find out what poison had been added to the juice. Grandpa then told me that he wanted Madame Pomfrey to examine me just as a precaution. I protested at first but one look at Uncle Severus told me I better do as I was told or else so I followed Madame Pomfrey up to the Hospital Wing and submitted to numerous scans but without knowing what specifically she was looking for the scans did not show what poison was used. It did show that there was a great amount of a poison in my system. ” explained Harry.

Harry took a breath and then continued, “Uncle Severus came up to the Hospital Wing about three hours later to report on his findings, it was Astropolycarbon. Knowing what poison to look for Madame Pomfrey did another scan looking for that particular poison. Sure enough she found it and informed everyone including myself that apparently I had been ingesting it for at least two months now and that there was nothing that could be done. I had ingested too much of the poison and there was no antidote, I was dying.”

“I was pissed. I had defeated the Dark Lord and could get on to living a “normal” life and even that was denied me. I told my closest friends and of course the faculty knew but no one else. I didn’t want pity I wanted to live the rest of my life as I never got to live it before the Dark Lord’s defeat. I wanted to live life to its fullest.” explained Harry.

“I moved back into my room in Uncle Severus’ quarters at this time because I just didn’t feel safe in Gryffindor tower anymore. I sat at the head table to eat all my meals so that Uncle Severus could check everything for any traces of poison, which he did several times during each meal. I was assigned a bodyguard from the Order who escorted me to my classes and even stayed in each class with me. In Potions no one was allowed to get my ingredients out of the cupboard not even myself. My ingredients were on Uncle Severus’ desk under a protection charm and were checked by Uncle Severus before I was allowed to even touch them. The rest of my classes were the same, I wasn’t allowed to touch or handle anything until it was scanned by either the teacher or my bodyguard.” Harry continued to explain to the adults just what it was like for him after finding out he was poisoned.

The silence in the room was deafening. Each of them couldn’t believe what Harry had been through in a short time. They couldn’t imagine having to go through it themselves.

“Harry you said that the person was a Gryffindor so I take it the person was caught.” asked Albus.

Harry looks up with an evil grin. “Yes, the person was caught. It was Uncle Severus who caught them as a matter of fact. The culprit was really stupid in the end. They were so desperate for me to die that they were foolish enough to come up to the head table to try and finish me off. They were leaning over the table talking to the teacher sitting beside me and discreetly, or at least they tried to be discreet, tried to put some more of the poison into my juice. What they didn’t know was that even though it didn’t seem like Uncle Severus was paying attention he knew exactly what was happening. If anyone came up to the head table especially anywhere near me Uncle Severus was on high alert. The culprit had the vial of the poison in their hand and their hand over my juice when Uncle Severus’ hand clamped down on the person’s wrist very tightly. Uncle Severus took the vial from the person’s hand and only let them go when my one bodyguard had a tight hold on them. Uncle Severus went to his lab straight away to test what was in the vial while Grandpa, Granny, my bodyguards, the culprit and myself came here to Grandpa’s office.”

“Uncle Severus came up to Grandpa’s office and informed everyone that it was indeed Astropolycarbon in the vial that he took from the person’s hand. With this news the Auror’s were notified and came to arrest the person. I just had to know why they hated me enough to kill me so I asked them. That is when we found out they were a hidden Death Eater, that no one knew about not even Uncle Severus as a spy knew of this person. They told me that they wished their plan had worked so they would have avenged their Master’s murder. No one informed the idiot that their plan had worked and that I was dying just not as fast as they wished I would.” By the end tears were running in streams down Harry’s cheeks just remembering everything that had happened.

“Harry I have to ask you again where was I when you were going through all this? No where in your tale did you ever mention me at all. I know for a fact with the Dark Lords defeat I would want to be with you, especially if you were hurt.” asked Remus.

Harry looked over at Remus with fresh tears running down his cheeks. “Uncle Remus I know with all my heart that you would have been there for me if you could. It was not meant to be though, you see you couldn’t be there, because you had joined Mom, Dad and Uncle Sirius. I lost you during The Final Battle Uncle Remus, you gave up your life to save mine by stepping in front of a dark curse that a Death Eater had sent towards me when my back was turned. You died in my arms telling me not to be sad because like Grandpa always says death is just the next great adventure and you wished to join your fellow Marauders in causing mischief up in heaven. That Death Eater died a most painful death for what he did, as a result I lost control of my magic and it took Uncle Severus a long time to calm me down enough so that I could gain control over my magic again. Meanwhile a few Death Eaters were dumb enough to try and kill me while my magic was out of control and lost their lives as a result.” Harry explained through his tears.

After explaining everything, it became too much for Harry to handle emotionally. He drew his legs up to his chest and wrapped his arms around them rocked back and forth with tears running down his cheeks. Sirius goes over and tries to pull him into an embrace but Harry pulled away from him to continued the rocking back and forth. . Remus tried next by gently pulling him towards him but again Harry pulled away.

Severus just shook his head knowingly. “You don’t suddenly pull an abused child into an embrace without warning them first.”

“Well if you think you are so smart why don’t you show us how it is done.” snared Sirius.

Severus slowly approached Harry and knelt down in front of him. “Harry, its Uncle Severus. Its ok we are here for you. Is it ok if I hold you?”

Harry looked up at his uncle and nodded his head slightly, so Severus slowly got up and sat down on the couch beside Harry and slowly put his arm around Harry’s shoulders and tenderly pulled him towards him. Harry stiffened a bit at first, but then he slowly relaxed into the embrace. Once comfortable, Harry did something that surprised everyone including Severus, he climbed onto Severus’ lap and snuggled into the man’s chest. After the initial shock wore off, Severus slowly put his arms around Harry, tightened his embrace and then started rocking back and forth, while whispering words of comfort and rubbing circles on Harry’s back to try to calm him down

Slowly both Remus and Sirius sit down on the couch beside Severus and Harry.


“Harry may we give you a hug?” asked Remus.

Harry nodded his head without taking his head off of Severus’ chest.

Both Remus and Sirius put the arms around Harry and Severus since you couldn’t hug Harry without including Severus too. This shocked Severus so much that he stiffened a bit but relaxed when he felt Harry stiffen too.

Harry was enjoying the three way hug. He felt more safe then he had ever felt before. Little Harry is going to be one lucky little boy, he is going to have so much love growing up that he will be a much better person then he was.

Sirius conjured a warm moist face cloth, holding out the cloth, “Here little snitch thought you could use this.”

Harry looked up, smiled and accepted the warm moist cloth. “Thank you Uncle Sirius, just what I needed.” Harry takes off his glasses placed them in his lap and used the cloth to wipe his face of all traces of tears. Sirius then handed him a hand towel to dry his face. Replacing his glasses he got up from Severus’ lap.

Harry suddenly grabbed his chest again painfully, but this time didn’t pass out. Everyone once again rushed to his side to make sure he didn’t get hurt if he did pass out again. They sat him down onto the couch and sat around him.

“Little Snitch why is it you responded better to Snape just now than you did to me? Did I do something wrong in your past?” asked Sirius with a sad face.

“No Uncle Sirius you didn’t do anything wrong. You and I didn’t get much time to be together before you were taken from me. You came into my life in my third year and was taken from me two years later. In those two years we had maybe a total of one month together to get to know each other. You were like a favourite uncle that you have fun with but not be serious with, no pun intended. Even Remus was a favourite uncle to me as well. With Uncle Severus he was always there for me, he may have hated me for a lot of that time but he was a constant in my life. When he found me in the Astronomy Tower our relationship changed. I was forced to open up to him, which I hated by the way, and as he listened to me without judging me so I became more forth coming with information. He sat and listened to me, no one had ever done that for me. When he got custody of me when it was taken away from the Dursleys I wasn’t sure what to expect but Uncle Severus sat me down and gave it to me straight. He told me the rules and the consequences if the rules were broken, he told me that just because I had been abused was no excuse to not follow rules set out by adults. I think it was the very first time I had broken one of the rules that I truly saw Uncle Severus in as a father figure. I came back from meeting with friends late and he had been very worried about me. Then to find out that I had just lost track of time and took my time to get home after finding out what time it was instead of rushing home to let Uncle Severus know that I was fine but had lost track of time, I decided to stay out later thinking that he wouldn’t punish the poor abused boy, boy was I wrong. I got home and he had been pacing the living room. He hugged me and asked if I was ok and when I answered I was fine he started to get mad. He asked where I had been and why I didn’t come home when he told me to. I told him that I was sorry but I lost track of time but was having so much fun that I didn’t want to leave so soon. His face went really red and he ordered me to my room. One look at his face and I ran for my room scared it would be just like when I was at the Dursleys. As time ticked on there was no sign of Uncle Severus so I got ready for bed and climbed in. I didn’t think I would get any sleep but finally I fell asleep. When I woke and I got ready for the day then I ventured out of my room seeking breakfast. I wasn’t sure if I was going to have the privilege of having breakfast but I went out on the off chance I would be able to have something. Uncle Severus was at the table and told me to sit down and eat my breakfast then we would have a talk. I was thrilled that I was going to be able to have breakfast not that I had much of an appetite. After eating we adjourned to the living room and sat down, or at least I sat down but Uncle Severus kept standing and even paced for a bit. Just when I thought my nerves were going to totally frazzled Uncle Severus started to talk. He told me how disappointed he was in me and that he knew I was better than that. He told me that he had been so worried about me last night when I didn’t show up on time. He kept thinking of all the things that could have gone wrong, to the point he was panicing. When I finally came through the floo and he saw that I was fine and unhurt he became very angry. That is when he realized that I must of just disobeyed him and stayed out longer than he told me that I was allowed to. The look on his face when he was talking was devastating. The hurt look on Uncle Severus’ face was heartbreaking, I had never seen that look before and let me tell you that I never want to see it again. We talked things out between us and then came the time to talk about my punishment. He said that because I lost track of time had I come right home that I wouldn’t have been punished because even he could loose track of time but because I deliberately stayed out later after discovering what time it was I was going to be punished. I was so scared that I was going to be hit and I knew I deserved it but I had forgotten our talk about rules and consequences. During that talk Uncle Severus let me know that he didn’t believe in corporal punishment and that he would find other ways of punishing me that didn’t physically hurt me. So he told me that I was grounded for two weeks, no allowance for two weeks and I was to help Uncle Severus in his lab by cleaning his cauldrons without magic. I thought I had gotten off easy, I didn’t get hit which I thankful for. It was then that I realized that an adult can be strict with you in a loving way. Uncle Severus explained that you can be disciplined without being physically hurt. I felt great love and respect for Uncle Severus because he showed me the error of my way but didn’t hurt me physically. That was the start of me feeling close to him. I was not allowed to get away with anything. I followed the rules or I faced the consequence. It didn’t matter that I was abused in the recent past I had to follow the rules like everyone else had to.” Harry told everyone.

“Now I understand why you feel closer to Severus.” replied Sirius.

It was that moment that Minerva decided to enter the office with little Harry. When she saw everyone crowded around big Harry and Poppy just happened to have her wand out scanning him at that moment, she knew immediately something was wrong, so she rushed over with little Harry still in her arms.

“What is wrong?” Minerva demanded.

“Grandpa why don’t you, Uncle Sirius and Uncle Remus take Granny into a corner and let her know what is going on please.” suggested Harry.

“Its progressing rapidly isn’t it Madame Pomfrey?” enquired Harry with fear evident in his voice.

“I am afraid it is Harry, I am so sorry.” Poppy answered with tears in her eyes.

“Its ok Madame Pomfrey.” Harry thought for a moment and then asked, “May little Harry and I call you Aunt Poppy?” asked Harry with a bit of a pout.

“Oh I would like that very much Harry.” Aunt Poppy replied.

“Aunt Poppy?”

“Yes Harry?”

“Do you have a calming draught with you?” Harry asked.

“Yes I do, why do you need it?” she replied worriedly.

“No Aunt Poppy but it looks like Granny Minerva could really use one at this moment.” commented Harry pointing to where Albus, Minerva, Sirius and Remus were standing. Minerva was gesturing frantically obviously very upset at the news. Poppy quickly made her way over to the group to administer the calming draught to Minerva to calm her down.

Little Harry made his way over to big Harry with a frown on his face.

“Hi Harry, why the frown?” asked big Harry.

Little Harry looked at big Harry then asked, “ ‘ou ick?”

Big Harry smiled down at little Harry and not wanting to lie to his younger self told him, “Yes I am sick.”

Little Harry sighed then said, “otay.”

Big Harry chuckled. “Hey Harry this is Uncle Severus he is going to help Uncle Moony and Uncle Padfoot raise you. He will help you with anything and you can trust him.”

Little Harry looked over to Severus and tilted his head to one side then to the other side. He then smiled and walked up to Severus and said, “Unkie Sevvy.”

Severus looked at little Harry with a raised eyebrow while big Harry was laughing at not only the name but also Uncle Severus’ expression.

“Um Harry who calls Uncle Severus Sevvy?” enquires big Harry with shock and a hint of curiosity.

“Mummy do.” little Harry explained solemnly.

“How about it Uncle Severus, let him call you Unkie Sevvy until he can pronounce your full name better? A name only he and Mummy share for you.” suggested big Harry with a wink towards little Harry.

“Very well but only the little scamp. Anyone else tries and I will hex them to oblivion.” Severus conceded with a fierce look in his eyes.

Big Harry moved to get up off the couch until Severus laid a hand onto his shoulder, “And where do you think you are going young man.” Severus asked sternly.

“Just to get the box of tissues from Grandpa’s desk.” answered Harry.

“Harrison James Potter you are a wizard therefore summon them because you are not getting up off this couch. Am I understood?” Severus said sternly.

“Yes, sir I understand.” Harry said with a sigh and summoned the box of tissues from Grandpa Albus’ desk.

“Hey Harry how about we play a little game while we wait for the grown ups to finish their talk, ok.” Harry suggested.

“Otay!” responded little Harry excitedly.

“Ok watch as I turn these tissues into something and you have to tell me what they are. Ready?” explained big Harry.

Little Harry nodded with his eyes glued to the tissue on the table. With a wave of his wand the tissue transfigured into a big black scruffy looking dog.

Little Harry’s eyes became comically large and he reached for the stuffed dog with the excited cry, “UNKIE PAFOO!!!”

“That’s right that’s Uncle Padfoot.” answered big Harry. “Now the next one.” With that said he transfigured another tissue into a black and grey wolf then looked at little Harry.

“UNKIE MOOEY!!!!” yelled the little boy excitedly taking the wolf from the table to put him with Padfoot and Prongs.

“Very good Harry. That is Uncle Moony.” applauded big Harry.

Big Harry laid another tissue on the table, waved his wand and a black panther appeared.

Little Harry looks curiously at the panther then smiled and yelled. “B’ACKIE!!!!” Little Harry then placed him with his friends.

‘Yes Harry that is Blackie, very good.” commended big Harry.

“How pray tell does he know about that?’ enquired Severus.

“I bet the same source that gave him the name Sevvy.” big Harry supplied with a wink.

“Indeed” conceded Severus while he rolled his eyes. Why did his Mother have to give away all his secrets?

Big Harry transfigured another tissue into a beautiful tiger then looked at little Harry.

With big bright eyes little Harry yelled, “ ‘IGGER!” Picked the tiger up and cuddles it to him.

“Yep that is Tigger alright.” Harry said with a smile.

“How did you know about Lily’s animagus form?” Severus asked Harry.

“Uncle Sirius told me when he told me about his animagus form. I asked if Mom and Dad had forms so he told me.” replied Harry.

“Here is a harder one. Are you ready Harry?” asked big Harry.

Little Harry nodded his head so big Harry waved his wand over the tissue and turned it into a cute and cuddly tabby cat.

Little Harry giggled then shouted, “ ‘FESOR ‘ABBY!”

Big Harry and Severus laughed at the name. “Who told you that name Harry?” big Harry enquired.

“Dada do.” responded little boy

“That figures.” commented Severus shaking his head in amusement.

Big Harry waved his wand once again over a tissue and a beautiful red and yellow phoenix appeared on the table.

“That looks like Fawkes.” commented Severus.

“No no Fwaks Unkie Sevvy.” supplied little Harry indignantly.

“Who is it then scamp?” asked Severus.

“DATS F’AME BWIRDIE!” yelled little Harry excitedly.

Severus just lifts his eyebrow and replied, “Indeed.”

“Good job Harry you got them all. Now this next one you won’t know about yet but someday you will.” shared Harry mischievously.

“Harry I think that is enough for now. You need to conserve your magic.” admonished Poppy.

Harry started when Poppy had spoken because he was not aware that the others had finished their conversation and had joined big Harry, little Harry and Severus.

“Why Aunt Poppy? Where I am going I won’t need it so why can’t I use it up giving him something to remind him of me and the sacrifices I went through so that he could have a better life. There is just one more I promise.” explained big Harry.

“Very well Harry.” conceded Poppy with a sad look in her eyes.

Big Harry took out one last tissue, waved his wand over it and there sitting on the coffee table is a beautiful tan coloured cougar.

“That Harry is Cougar. You won’t see him for quite awhile but in the meantime you can play with him. OK?” explained big Harry.

“Otay Hawwy.” Little Harry answered.

“Who’s animagus is that?” asked Sirius.

“That is my form.” replied Harry with a sad expression.

Everyone was thinking the same thing...another something they will have to make sure little Harry will be able to do.

Severus thought to himself that he was going to work on developing a cure for the poison that is killing Harry so that little Harry doesn’t have to go through what big Harry is going through.

“My that is quite the collection you have there Harry.” commented Grandpa Albus.

“Me ‘eep pweassssssss?” pleaded little Harry with puppy dog pout.

“Oh yes Harry they are yours to keep for always.” confirmed Grandpa Albus.

Little Harry smiled then gathered his friends up and took them to a corner of the office to play with. It took him several trips to get them all there but he didn’t mind.

“Scamp aren’t you forgetting to say something to Harry for making all your friends for you?” prompted Severus wanting to make sure the little boy learned his manners.

Little Harry came running over to big Harry, climbed up onto his lap and wrapped his little arms around his neck placing a sloppy kiss on his cheek. “Tank ‘ou Hawwy.” he said happily.

“Your very welcome Harry I hope you enjoy playing with them.” big Harry replied with a smile.

After little Harry was back over in the corner with his friends big Harry looked over to Minerva. “Granny would you check them and make sure that the transfigurations are permanent and can you also ask Uncle Filius if he will charm the rest of them as I am sure he did with Prongs, please.” asked Harry with a small yawn.

“Certainly Harry, I will do so when he has his nap this afternoon.” replied Minerva.

“How are you doing?” she asked with concern in her voice.

Big Harry looked up at her and smiled sweetly then answered her question. “I am tired and sore but other than that I am doing good, thank you.”

“Harry can you explain to me who the different animals are that little Harry is playing with. I know a couple of them but the rest I have no idea.” asked Aunt Poppy.

“Sure Aunt Poppy. They are people that are a part of little Harry’s life. Well actually they are the people’s animagus forms. Prongs the stag was Dad’s unregistered form, Padfoot the dog is Uncle Sirius’ unregistered form, Moony the wolf is Uncle Remus’ furry little problem, Blackie the black panther is Uncle Severus’ unregistered form, Tigger the tiger was Mom’s unregistered form, Professor Tabby is Granny Minerva’s registered form and Flame Bird the phoenix is Grandpa Albus’ registered form.” explained Harry.

“What about the cougar? I don’t know anyone that is a cougar that is in little Harry’s life unless there is something you haven’t told us Poppy.” asked Albus with a smile and a wink towards Poppy.

“No Albus I do not have an animagus form.” answered Poppy.

Big Harry laughed loudly. “The cougar represents me. I was learning to be an animagus before the poisoning. I drank the potion that shows you what your form was to be and mine is a tan cougar. I thought he might like to have it for his collection.”

Albus looked up to the clock and noticed it is time for lunch. He went over to the fireplace and ordered enough food for 8 people one being a child. He then moved the table Minerva had used for breakfast over to the middle of the room and enlarged it so that there was enough room for all of them around the table, with enough chairs for everyone. Minerva transfigured one of the chairs into a highchair for little Harry to sit in to eat his lunch.

In the next moment lunch appeared on the table and Minerva called little Harry over to have lunch. “Harry it is time for lunch sweetie. You can play with your friends again after lunch.”

“Otay Gwanny.” came little Harry’s reply as he made his way over to the highchair so that Minerva could lift him into it .

Severus got up off the couch and turned to help big Harry up. “Come along Cougar.” Severus says with a smirk and a wink. Big Harry smiled at him and playfully tapped his shoulder.

They made their way to the table slowly, Severus helped Harry into a chair and then sat down beside big Harry.

Everyone was chatting and enjoying their lunch when Poppy noticed that big Harry didn’t have any food on his plate.

“Harry you should try and eat something.” insisted Poppy.

“I’m sorry Aunt Poppy but I’m just not hungry. My stomach is churning in the worse way and if I eat I will just end up in the bathroom, if you know what I mean.” explained big Harry with a grimace.

“Ok Harry I understand would you like a stomach soother? Do you think that would help.?” asked Poppy sympathetically.

“No thank you Aunt Poppy I don’t think it would help.” responded Harry.

“Ok Harry if you change your mind let me know and I will give you the potiion.” said Poppy.

Lunch was enjoyed by all, well except big Harry but he enjoyed the conversation. ‘This is what a family should be like not what he experienced at the Dursleys’.’ big Harry said to himself. ‘I have a wonderful family here and I will grow up with love acceptance and discipline this time. I am glad I did this.’

“Harry?” questioned Albus when he saw Harry was deep in thought.

“Yes Grandpa?”

“You never told us how the decision was made for you to come back in time. Could you tell us please.” asked Albus.

“Sure Grandpa.” replieed big Harry.

“Uncle Severus and I were in our sitting room here at Hogwarts reading. Well actually Uncle Severus was reading, I was staring off into space thinking of all the things I would never be able to get the chance to do. I didn’t realize it until Uncle Severus came over and sat beside me on the couch that I had tears running down my cheeks. He asked what was wrong so I told him what I had been thinking about. I also told him that I wished I had a better childhood and that I would have had a much better childhood if he had been the one to raise me instead of the Dursleys. I wished I could go back in time and stop Grandpa from leaving me on the Dursleys’ doorstep.” Harry explained with a sigh.

“Well Uncle Severus talked to Grandpa about the possibility of him listening to me and not leaving me there. They also thought of how it would be having a bundle of energy growing up here at Hogwarts. That had Uncle Severus agreeing readily that he would definitely need help and they contemplated who would be best to help in the task. I was the one who came up with the idea of the three of you raising me together when they talked to me about the possibility of me being able to go back and change things.” Harry continued to explain.

“I knew that with Uncle Remus I wouldn’t have to spend a lot of time convincing him to accept the idea. No offense intended Uncle Remus but I knew that you had always wanted to have a bigger role in my life so this would give you the opportunity. You told me once that you tried to get custody of me after Mom and Dad died but because of your furry little problem the Ministry denied you.” Harry continued to explain with Remus laughed at Harry again referring to his Lycanthropy as a *furry little problem*.

“I figured Uncle Remus would help me convince Uncle Sirius so I wasn’t really worried about him. However I was worried about how I was going to convince Uncle Severus, I figured I had to point out the advantages to little Harry of having Uncle Severus in his life. It was when Uncle Severus was lecturing me because I broke a rule that I figured out what that advantage was. Discipline. I never had real discipline growing up just beatings. Harry needs someone who would consistently discipline him and I know from my own experience that Uncle Severus will do just that” Harry stated with certainty and a bit of mirth.

“I took time to write some important information down in some note books that I thought you would need to know.” said big Harry as he reached into his pocket and handed the shrunken bag of books to Severus. “You will find a few with just general information in them but you will also find seven others. Each of these are marked Year One to Year Seven. I wrote about the big events that happened in each year I attended Hogwarts and thought it would be interesting for you to be able to compare the two different time lines. To be fair I had my friend Hermione charm each one to open the night of the Leaving Feast of that year. Year Seven however will reveal the first page the day of the Welcoming Feast. It reveals the person who poisoned me so that you can keep an eye on them. Please test everything little Harry eats and drinks that year because I sure wouldn’t want him going through this. The ones with general information will open right away.” explained big Harry.

“With everything ready a date was decided on On that day everyone gathered and we all had a meal together I hugged everyone then headed over to Privet Drive, put the time turner on, turned it the number of times that was required and here I am.” Harry finished with a smile.

“We are glad you are Harry.” replied Albus.

“Grandpa I know in my heart that you were going to deliver little Harry to Aunt Petunia’s because you thought it was the best place for me but you have to admit now that it really wasn’t the best place for me after all you have heard today and last night.” chided Harry.

“Harry I did feel that you would be better off at your aunt’s then with Sirius. Sorry Sirius but I couldn’t see you raising Harry without spoiling him and I didn’t want Harry to be a spoiled brat. There was also his safety to think about.” Albus explained.

“Albus I would do anything to keep Harry safe. I would even go into hiding if that was what it took to keep him safe. Plus he deserves to be spoiled, he just lost his parents he needs something to occupy his time and what better than toys and games.” declared Sirius.

“Bla...Sirius a child needs more than worldly goods to be happy. They need limits so that they learn that you can’t do everything you want and get away with it. They need to learn to share or they will expect to have everything to themselves all the time. They need to learn that the world doesn’t revolve around them or they will be very disappointed when they get to Hogwarts to find out that they are one of hundreds of children and that need to be given attention. They would be in for a very big let down.” Insisted Severus.

Sirius looked pensive. “I thought that if I gave him everything under the moon that it would make up for his parents not being there for him. It seems that I was wrong but it wouldn’t hurt if I spoil him a bit would it?” asked Sirius.

“No a bit of spoiling wouldn’t be bad for him but you must control it. We will have to sit down after everything is said and done and talk about all this and more.” suggested Remus.

“I am still worried about Harry’s safety. The castle is host to many children with Death Eater parents that have found a loop hole in the laws and have gotten off on all charges. Then there is the Ministry that is in and out of the castle at any given time. He just isn’t safe here!” declared Albus.

“What if we find a way of making him safe in the castle then would your worries be set aside Albus?” asked Severus.

“I would still be worried but if we can find a way to alleviate my concerns then I would feel better about Harry being in the castle.” Albus said.

“So what can we do that will guarantee his safety but not compromised his freedom?” asked Remus.

“Why don’t you assign a house elf to little Harry. All it will be responsible for would be Harry’s safety. It would be invisible to all but Harry, Uncle Severus, Uncle Remus, Uncle Sirius, Granny and Grandpa. The elf would go everywhere Harry goes no matter where he goes.” suggested big Harry.

“Not a bad idea Harry! That way little Harry would be safe and still have the freedom to wander where ever he wants to go. What do you think Albus?” asked Remus.

“Yes that would alleviate my worries to an extent.” remarked Albus.

“So what house elf would you trust with Harry’s safety Albus.” asked Severus.

“Only one elf would I trust with my grandson’s safety. Dopey!” Albus declared.

“Master Headmaster called for Dopey?”

“Yes Dopey I have a very important job for you to do. You see that little boy in the highchair? I want you to protect him. His name is Harry. If someone means him harm you are to stop them no matter who it is and you are to use any means to make sure that Harry stays safe. You must be invisible to everyone with the exceptions of everyone in this room. Do you think that you can do that Dopey?” demanded Albus with a stern look.

“Yes Dopey can do that Master Headmaster.” gushed Dopey while bobbing up and down in excitement.

“Very well then you are to start this minute in your new duties. This is the only duty you are responsible for. Your only job is to protect Harry. You go where ever he goes. Do you understand Dopey.” continued Albus.

“Yes Master Headmaster Dopey understands.” exclaimed Dopey.

“Very well go introduce yourself to Harry.” suggested Albus.

They all watched as Dopey went over to little Harry and started talking to him. At first little Harry looked at Dopey with wariness but as Dopey continued to talk to him Harry smiled at him and then started talking back.

“I think that will work out.” declared big Harry.

“I do have to tell you that there is a possibility that when I die little Harry will be upset. Apparently we are linked even though I am not his true future self anymore because of the changes made to this time line. Grandpa told me that there is chance he will feel the severing of the link but not understand what it is. He might be cranky for a few days but as he starts living in the new time line the old link will become a memory and a new link will be created.” Harry informed everyone in the room..

When everyone is finished with lunch, Albus tapped the table twice and everything disappeared back to the kitchen.

Sirius went over and lifted little Harry out of his highchair after Minerva washed his face and hands with a small washcloth she had conjured up. Minerva then took little Harry from Sirius and took him over to the couch, changed his nappy and his clothes which were soaked from his juice at lunch. After she is done she handed the child back to Sirius.

“You know you men are going to have to learn to change his nappy since you will be the ones taking care of him the majority of the time.” Minerva said with a raised eyebrow.

All three men’s eyes go large and they looked at each other in shock. That was one thing none of them had thought anything about until now.

Big Harry just had to laugh at the expressions on his uncles faces. Albus, Poppy and Minerva laughed as well, for as long as they live they will always remember the look on the three men’s faces when told they had to change little Harry’s nappies.

All of a sudden big Harry stopped laughing and looked around the room thinking, ‘This is it his job here is done successfully. Little Harry is safe and will have a wonderful childhood here at Hogwarts with his three Godfathers. The poison has run its course so it is time for him to go .’

With a gasp of pain Harry started to collapse but Severus reached him before he could hit the floor. The man cradled him in his arms like he is the most precious gift in the world, which to everyone in the room he was. He lowered them both to the floor slowly.

Harry looked up at Severus and smiled with his brilliant green eyes sparkling. Meanwhile Sirius handed little Harry over to Minerva and knelt down beside Harry with Remus kneeling down beside him.

Sirius took Harry’s hand in his and Remus puts his on top of theirs.

Harry looked up at Severus with pain filled eyes, “Uncle Severus?”

“Yes Harry.”

“Promise me something?”

“What is that Harry?” questioned Severus.

“Promise me that you will love him as if he is your son. Let him be a normal little boy and that means let him get into mischief every so often. Promise me that he will have a better childhood than I did.” Harry requested with a pain filled sigh.

“I promise Harry that I will love him always and treat him as if he was my own. I will allow him to have as normal a childhood as a little boy can have who is raised at Hogwarts. I promise he will have a much better childhood then you did Harry, and I will protect him with my life if necessary. I promise to allow him some and I mean some, leeway when he gets into mischief as long as it doesn’t involve risking his or others lives.” promised Severus

“Can you promise me something else Uncle Severus.” begged Harry.

“What is that Harry?”

“Promise me that you will help little Harry pull pranks on Uncle Sirius and Uncle Remus once in awhile. Don’t be the mean disciplinarian all the time, have fun with him too.” Harry requested with a smirk.

Severus smirked down at Harry and replied, ”I promise Harry that I will have fun with him as well as being the mean disciplinarian.”

Harry smiled up at Severus. He then turned his head towards Sirius.

“Uncle Sirius, I know you will love him like a son but promise me that you will try to get along with Uncle Severus. I need all of you in my life. Promise me that you will teach him more than just pranks that he can pull on people.” Harry asked with a mischievous smile on his lips.

“I already love him as if he was my own. I promise I will try to get along with Snape. I promise to teach him more than just pranks.”

Harry smiled at Sirius satisfied with his promises. He then looked over at Remus.

“Uncle Remus, I know you too love him as your own. Promise you will try to keep these two from killing each other, even if you have to stun them both to achieve this. Promise you will teach him the Patronus Charm as you taught me because that is a brilliant spell and don’t be surprised if his patronus is Prongs.” requests Harry with a smile.

Remus chuckled, “I do love him as my own and I promise to try and keep these two from killing each other. I just may have to stun one or both of them once in awhile.” Remus winked at this. “I promise I will definitely teach him different spells and especially the patronus charm.”

Harry looks at his three Godfathers and smiled knowing that his life will definitely be much better this time around.

“Uncle Severus?”

“Yes Harry?”

Harry motioned for Severus to lean in closer and whispered something to him then smiled. Severus smiled down at him leaned forward and kissed his forehead.

“I love all of you with all my heart, don’t ever forget that and please REMEMBER ME.” Harry said with such emotion in his voice it made all their hearts break.

Harry took one last shuddering breath and then was gone. His eyes were still a brilliant green but the sparkle was now missing from them. Seconds later his body disappeared as if he never existed but to the six adults in the office he would never be forgotten for he changed seven lives that day. He will be remembered with love, joy and sorrow. They each vowed to themselves that his memory will live on and that his sacrifice will not be in vain. They would do all in their power for the little boy he came back to save.

The silence in the room was deafening, with tears running down the faces of all the adults present.

The silence was suddenly shattered by a piercing scream from little Harry. He was screaming at the top of his lungs just as loud as big Harry had said he might. He didn’t understand what was happening but all of a sudden he felt so alone.

Harry was inconsolable. Minerva tried first to calm the little boy down but he just screamed all the more. Albus tried next with the same results. Remus tried and he calmed down for a bit then started all over again even louder if that was at all possible. Sirius tried but he wasn’t successful either. Severus went over and took Harry from Sirius and cradled the child against his chest so that the baby could hear his heartbeat and started singing a song to him quietly while rocking to and fro and patting his little bottom lightly.





Over in Killarney
Many years ago,Me Mother sang a song to me
In tones so sweet and low.
Just a simple little ditty,
In her good old Irish way,
And l'd give the world if she could sing
That song to me this day.

Too-ra-loo-ra-loo-ral, Too-ra-loo-ra-li, Too-ra-loo-ra-loo-ral, hush now, don't you cry!
Too-ra-loo-ra-loo-ral, Too-ra-loo-ra-li, Too-ra-loo-ra-loo-ral, that's an Irish lullaby.

Oft in dreams I wander
To that cot again,
I feel her arms a-huggin' meAs when she held me then.
And I hear her voice a -hummin'To me as in days of yore,
When she used to rock me fast asleep
Outside the cabin door.

Too-ra-loo-ra-loo-ral, Too-ra-loo-ra-li,
Too-ra-loo-ra-loo-ral, hush now, don't you cry!
Too-ra-loo-ra-loo-ral, Too-ra-loo-ra-li,
Too-ra-loo-ra-loo-ral, that's an Irish lullaby.

Slowly Harry started to calm down and he eventually relaxed enough to start to fall asleep still hiccupping his little fists holding tightly onto Severus’ robes.

Severus looked up to see shocked expressions on everyone’s faces. Smirking he said to them, “That is what big Harry whispered to me before he died. He reminded me of the song Lily sings.......I mean sang to little Harry at bedtime to calm him down enough for him to fall sleep. He said that I sang it to him in his time line and it always helped calm him greatly and it would work to calm little Harry.”

Severus walked over to the couch and laid the baby down gently, patted his little bottom when he started to whine and the little tyke goes off to dreamland sucking his little thumb. Gently he covered the little tyke with a blanket and then he made sure a cushioning charm was in place before he stood up with a small content sigh and watched as the baby slept.

Remus came over and joined Severus. He stood there watching his cub sucking his little thumb in his sleep and smiles softly. Sirius came up behind the two of them and placed an arm around both their shoulders while looking down at their godson.

“Well gentlemen now the adventure begins.” he stated with a smile.

“May Merlin help us all.” Severus and Remus replied at the same time.

Everyone in the room burst out laughing.
To be continued...


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=3476