Harry Potter And His Three Godfathers v2 by Devilishlycute
Summary: What if Harry went back into the past to try and change Dumbledore's mind about leaving him with the Dursleys. How would he change with a different childhood? Rewritten version
Categories: Parental Snape > Godfather Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Remus, Sirius
Snape Flavour: Snape Comforts, Snape is Kind, Snape is Loving, Out of Character Snape
Genres: Family
Media Type: None
Tags: Alternate Universe, Baby fic
Takes Place: 0 - Pre Hogwarts (before Harry is 11)
Warnings: Out of Character, Romance/Het, Self-harm
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 11 Completed: No Word count: 61630 Read: 15779 Published: 19 Apr 2018 Updated: 22 Dec 2020
Chapter 8 by Devilishlycute
Many thanks to my beta Chrissysmiles. She helped me with writing this chapter. She is the best!


Chapter 8 Getting Settled

After the toast, Sirius sat and thought about his time on the plane so far.

After they found their seats they decided on who sat where with Sirius calling for the window seat. They sat in their seats and they were told to fasten their seatbelts but the men didn’t know how so they waited for the stewardess that was going around helping the passengers. She showed them how to fasten and tighten the seatbelt using Severus’ as a demonstration since he had a sleeping Harry in his arms and couldn’t do it himself. She clicked the end into the receiver that was connected to the seat since it was fully extended she showed them how to tighten it. Then she went to the next person who needed help. Sirius followed every step she said but when he tightened his belt it was very tight. He wondered about it being so tight and being "locked into the seat"

Then one of the stewardess’ spoke of the safety drill. They are told that in case of an emergency the air masks will drop and to place them over their heads and breathe in normally, however, the bag will not inflate. Well if the bag doesn't inflate what is the bag for? Sirius wondered.

The stewardess continues with her speech in case of a water landing the seat cushion will become a floatation device. The emergency exits are to the side and in the front and back of the plane. Sirius is listening to all of this and feeling trapped in the seat by his safety belt.

“Get me off this death machine, These muggles have a death wish!” yelled Sirius panicking.

“Sirius everything is fine! She is just letting us know what to do if an emergency should happen not that it will happen. We are safe.” stated Remus calmly.

The stewardess hearing his distress reaches into the beverage cart and pulls out a bottle of Bristol's Irish Cream pours it over ice and hands it to him. This will help you calm down, Sir. Thinking this is a muggle calming potion takes that first sip thinking it to be like the calming potion of his world finds it to be surprisingly smooth and refreshing. He gulps it done quickly. It tastes great, but not feeling any different asks for another and the stewardess knowing that they will be leaving any moment makes him another drink but then hands Remus one and tells him in case before we level off he needs another one here is an extra. She goes back and takes her seat. A short moment later the plane leaves the gate and rolls down to the runway.

As the plane is leaving Sirius turns to Remus and states this isn't too bad actually this is kind of fun. The plane gets in line and stops then when it’s their turn, it goes down the runway going faster and faster gaining speed and Sirius is impressed by how fast this plane is moving then all of a sudden he feels himself recline and he is pressed back into the back of the seat and looks out the window and watches the lights of the city drop off getting further away he is no longer horizontal to the earth but straight up vertical and at the same time pitching to the right. RRRREEEMMMUUUSSSS!!!! Sirius cries out, Remus reminds Sirius as quietly as he could to drink the potion. At that Sirius knocks back the second Bristol's and Remus, quietly takes the empty cup and hands him the third drink. A short time later the plane levels off. Sirius has noticed not only is he feeling calm but relaxed as well. The muggle calming draught is finally starting to work. Sirius thought that their potions must be weak because they don’t have magic to make them work better and faster.

Sirius leans over to whisper loudly.”Are we there yet?”

“No Padfoot it will take us 7 hours to get to Boston,” replied Remus patiently.

“Seven hours? We are stuck here for that long?” asked Sirius alarmed.

“Muggle transportation takes longer to get there then the magical variety,” Remus whispered to Sirius.

“Seven hours?” asked again bewildered.

“Yes Sirius seven hours.” replied Remus returning to the book he had started to read.

The stewardess comes around and asks if anyone would like a snack and offers them some cut up fresh fruit, mini pretzels, and peanuts. Each of the men takes a snack platter to enjoy. For beverages, Remus asks for a Ginger Ale, Severus asks for a Coke. Sirius is asked if he would like another Bristol to which he answers that yes he would love another.

After setting their platters down the stewardess notices that Sirius still has his seatbelt on and that it is a bit too tight around him.

“Sir, you can take your seatbelt off now until we are ready to land,” the stewardess advised Sirius.

Sirius didn’t know how to take it off so he asked Remus, who told him how to remove the seatbelt. After it was undone Sirius was relieved and didn’t look forward to it having to put it back on.

Remus is enjoying watching out the window taking in the stars and feels like he is in a world between worlds. Now that the plane has leveled off Remus is finding this form of travel rather relaxing as he takes in the comfort of the lounge chair. He notices that Severus is relaxing also with Harry spread out on his chest with a blanket over him as Severus has put his seat all the way back and is dozing.

Sirius now that he is no longer panicking is becoming rather excited taking in his surroundings. Sirius looks up feeling the cool air on him and places his hand over the air vent and notices that he can move the direction of the vent after playing with that he switches to the light, switching it off on off on off on and moving the position of it. Remus was ok with it, however, the direction of the light was right into Severus' eyes. After a few minutes of this Severus had enough.

“Hey! Mutt enough!” growled Severus.

Sirius looked at him, “What?”

Remus just pulled his arm down and told Sirius to leave it alone for now.

Sirius continues to take in what is going on around him and asked if he would like a headset. He asked what they are for and is told by the stewardess that he can listen to music or they will be starting a movie in a minute to hear it place the dial on channel 2 as she shows him where to plug it in and where the dial is if he wants music or to listen to talk radio to change the dial to other channels. The dial next to the channel is the volume button to adjust the volume. Sirius takes the headset and places it on his head starts to play with the dials. Since this was entertaining him and he was quiet Remus allowed him to play with the dials.

As they flew on the plane rocked a bit. Sirius looked up and wondered what that was, so he asked a passing stewardess who reassures him that it was only the turbulence and that there was nothing to be concerned about that it was normal. Sirius settles down and goes back to playing with the dials. At the next wave of turbulence you can hear throughout the whole plane “WHEEEEEE!” Sirius was having a good time and was on an alcohol high.

One of the stewardesses picked up the microphone and was about to speak into it. It was time to announce the movie of the night.

“Tonight’s movie is An American Werewolf in London. It’s a horror comedy film written and directed by John Landis and starring David Naughton, Jenny Agutter and Griffin Dunne. Two young American college students, David Kessler and Jack Goodman, are attacked by a werewolf on a backpacking holiday in England. When Jack is killed, David is taken to a London hospital, where disturbing apparitions of his deceased friend inform David that he is a werewolf and will transform at the next full moon. The movie is about David’s adventure in accepting what he is.” she informed the passengers.

“Did you hear that Moony? The muggles know about werewolves! How do they know about them?” asked a surprised Sirius.

“Yes, I heard Padfoot. I don’t know how they found out.” a worried Remus replied.

“John Landis, who wrote the movie is a wizard. The muggles will believe it is a fantasy. They won’t believe they are real.” stated Severus half asleep.

“Oh, that is good.” sighed a relieved Remus.

“Well then its only fair that a London werewolf should go to America since an American werewolf went to London.” chuckled Remus. Sirius chuckled along with him.

After the movie, Sirius needed to use the loo. He climbed over Remus and Severus trying not to hit a sleeping Harry. He goes to the room and expecting magical space he is shocked this loo is smaller than a broom closet, how is anyone supposed to relax in this area? He turns sideways and slips into the small area and feels the space closing in on him he lifts the lid and sees blue water...where do they get their water from that it is blue? Not wanting to stay here any longer than necessary Sirius finishes up, uses the sink and flushes the toilet and watches the water go down, the suction that takes away that water was powerful Sirius panics and tries to open the door forgetting he has to slide the bolt to unlock the door. Sirius panics more when he can’t get the door open and thinks he is going to be sucked down the toilet and die so he starts to bang on the door and the bolt is slid over and the door opens and Sirius comes out gasping for breath. He is determined he is not going to go to the loo ever again on a plane, he will hold it forever before he sets foot into another of those death traps waiting to happen.

After his adventure in the washroom, Sirius climbed back into his seat and proceeded to fall asleep and was woken up as they were about to land.

Sirius reluctantly puts on his tight seatbelt. Remus looks over to make sure that Sirius was able to click the belt into the connection and he noticed how tight the seatbelt is around Sirius so he leans over and undoes the belt a bit so that it wasn’t so tight.

“Thank you Moony I wasn’t looking forward to wtearing it since it was too tight,” Sirius exclaimed relived.

“Your welcome Padfoot,” Remus replied.

After getting into the airport Sirius was happy and not looking forward to repeating it to get to New Orleans. They went up to a ticket counter and asked about a flight to New Orleans.

“There is a flight from Boston Logan International Airport to the Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport leaving in 5 hours. Would you like tickets?” asked the attendant.

After conferring with each other they turned back to the counter “Yes please, that would be great” answered Severus.

The attendant processed their tickets. Then handed them over after Sirius paid for them. He looked at them and they said that they leave for New Orleans from Terminal C gate 12.

“So what are we going to do for three hours?” asked Remus.

“I don’t know about you but I am hungry. Why don’t we find somewhere to eat.” countered Sirius.

“Sounds good I could use a coffee right now.” agreed Severus.

“Why don’t we go to a restaurant close to the gate that we are leaving from that way we don’t have to rush to get there afterward,” suggested Remus.

“Sounds like a good plan. Let’s go.” said Severus. “Would one of you take Harry please my arms are starting to protest.”

“I will take him,” said Remus. He went over to Severus and gently took Harry into his arms. It was only 5:30 am and they didn’t want him awake yet.

When they got to gate 12 they looked around and the first restaurant they saw was Potbelly Sandwich Shop. They went over to the restaurant, sat down and looked at a menu. (AN not sure if this is a restaurant style establishment or a kiosk type. I made it a sit down restaurant) What they saw was all kinds of different sandwiches including some breakfast sandwiches.

Sirius ordered 2 sausages, egg and cheddar cheese on English muffin sandwiches and a bowl of banana, walnut, and brown sugar oatmeal along with English Breakfast tea. The other two just looked at him with shock.

“What? I told you I was hungry.” said with a smile.

Remus ordered 2 bacon, egg and cheddar on English muffin sandwiches and an English Breakfast tea.

Severus ordered a bowl of banana, walnut, and brown sugar oatmeal and a Balzac’s blend coffee.

After they were done eating they decided to check out the map to see if there was somewhere where they could get something to remember their time in Boston and to get something to do for the 3 hours and 14 minutes flight.

“Hey look they have a shop named Black Dog.” laughed Sirius.

“We should check it out and look it says here that it is known to locals and travelers by their iconic Black Dog logo. It features clothing and accessories for men, women, kids and of course, dogs.” explained Remus.

“We can check it out and get a collar and leash for the mutt plus just down the way is New England Collections that we can get souvenirs to remember Boston with.” laughed Severus. Remus laughed as well.

“Ha ha very funny! We can stop at the Duty/Tax Free store to check it out on the way back to the gate.” suggested Sirius.

The men made their way to Black Dog and looked around to see what they had. Sirius picked up a few shirts for himself and Harry with the logo on them. They left there and made their way to the New England Collections and looked around there as well. While they were looking around Harry woke up. He rubbed his eyes then looked up at Remus and smiled.

“Morning cub! Did you sleep well?” asked Remus with a smile.

“Yes, Unkie Pafoo?” asked Harry with a yawn.

“He is around here somewhere why don’t we go looking for him.” suggested Remus. Harry nodded with a smile.

They searched for Sirius and found him by the t-shirts.

“Hey Padfoot! Harry is awake and wanted to know where you were.” Remus exclaimed.

“Good morning little snitch. Did you have a good sleep?” asked Sirius.

“Unkie Pafoo!” exclaimed a happy Harry. Harry held his arms out to Sirius and he took Harry into his arms.

“Unkie Sevvy?” asked Harry looking around.

“Uncle Severus is here somewhere little snitch. Want to go look for him?” asked Sirius. To which Harry nodded.

They looked around the store and found Severus talking to a couple of beautiful women, one was blonde and the other a brunette. Sirius went up to Severus and told him that Harry was looking for him.

“Unkie Sevvy!” yelled Harry. Holding out his arms to be taken by Severus.

“Good morning, Scamp. Did you sleep well?” asked Severus.

“Yes” answered Harry with a smile.

“Isn’t he the cutest!” one of the women talking to Severus commented.

“He sure is! Is he yours Severus?” asked the second one.

“No he is my godson.” replied Severus with a small smile.

“What is your name cutie?” asked the woman with blonde hair.

Harry looked up at Severus and he replied,”Its ok to answer her question.”

Harry looked at the woman and answered,”Hawwy.”

“Harry what a strong name for a cutie like you.” returned the brunette.

“Are you going to introduce us Severus or are you going to be rude.” Sirius blurted out.

“Ladies I would like you to meet Harry’s other two godfathers. The shaggy one is Sirius Black and the other gentleman is Remus Lupin.” announced Severus.

“Sirius and Remus I would like to introduce Gretchen Smythe and Jasmine Lancaster.” Severus informed them.

“Hello Ladies. What brings such beautiful ladies here?” asked Sirius.

The two women giggled and then the blonde answered,”We are traveling around the United States and trying to stop in each state before we start on our careers. Sort of a vacation before the drudgery of working every day, every week, every month and every year.”

“Well we have to get going so that we can get Harry some breakfast before our flight.” explained Severus. “It was great meeting you ladies.”

“It was great meeting you Severus. Good luck in New Orleans. Bye Harry!” said Gretchen with a wave.

“Bye bye” Harry exclaimed with a wave.

The men got what they wanted and paid for it then made their way to get Harry some breakfast when they saw the Duty/Tax Free shop and decided to have a quick look and found some books not only for themselves but also to keep Harry entertained for the 3 hours they are going to be on the plane.

They went back to Potbelly Sandwich Shop sat down and ordered 2 sandwiches. One was sausage, egg and cheddar cheese but asked if the cheese could be put on the side so that they could tear apart the sandwich so that Harry could eat it all separately. The other was bacon, egg and cheddar cheese again they asked for it to be separated so that the little one could eat it. They also got him some apple juice to drink.

Severus asked, “Do you have any preserves for the english muffins?”

“No, but we do have jam,” replied the waitress.

“Oh wait a minute.” She said. She rushed to the back and came back out a few minutes later with several small things in her hand.

“Here you go there is strawberry jam in each small container. To open them just pull on the little tabs here and the foil will come off and you can spread the jam on the English muffins. I also asked the cook to scramble the eggs that go into both sandwiches and cut up the sausage and bacon so that he can eat them better. Two slices of cheese are also in the container with the Enlish muffins. Here is a plastic knife to spread the jam with.” explained the waitress.

“Thank you very much.” exclaimed Sirius surprised.

“Harry can you say thank you to...” Sirius looked at her name tag. “...Renee.”

“Tank ‘ou” Harry said and then surprised everyone when he kissed his hand and then extended his arm out.

With a pink tinge Renee replied,”Your welcome sweetheart. You have a good flight.”

“Here you are and keep the change and share it with the cook for all your help.” Sirius declared.

“Thank you, Sir! Have a great flight!” exclaimed Renee.

“Thank you Renee.” answered Sirius with a smile.

When he was done his breakfast Severus, put Harry down on the floor so he could walk and made their way to a washroom so that they could change Harry’s nappy and get him out of his jammies and into clothes and then made their way to gate 12 and got onto the plane. The men knew what to do this time so they got to it as soon as they sat down. Severus helped Remus since he had Harry in his arms again. Sirius again called for the window seat and the other two allowed him the seat so that maybe it would keep him entertained.

The three hours on the plane was tiring. They had to keep Harry entertained so he didn’t get grumpy during the flight. It was a long flight for a wide awake active toddler, Thank Merlin he slept for the seven hours they were in the air from London to Boston.

Halfway into the journey “Sirius leaned over to Remus and asked,”Are we there yet?”

“No, Padfoot we have another hour and a half to go yet.” replied Remus. Sirius sighs and goes back to playing with the dials.

They finally landed and went through security and made their way to the luggage claim, where they got their bags. The men made their way out of the airport and just stood there for a minute or so.

“We made it gentlemen!” crowed Sirius.

“Yes, we have and now we have to find a hotel then find a house to live for the nine or ten years we will be here.” answered Remus.

“Let’s go!” grinned Severus leading them over to the taxis. They put their luggage into the trunk of the first one in line then got in.

“Welcome to New Orleans! Where to?” asked the cabbie.

“Thank you! We would like to find a family friendly hotel and cost isn’t a problem.’ answered Severus.

“Okay, I know the right place! exclaimed the cabbie who by his taxi license is named Mick.

Meanwhile back at Hogwarts Albus was sitting behind his desk waiting for Sirius and Remus to show up and wondering what was taking them so long. Maybe he should take the contracts to them if they are having problems getting Harry to sleep. Albus picked up the contracts and headed down to the godfathers quarters.

When he got there he knocked so that he didn’t wake Harry up with the bell. There was no answer so Albus thought they were all busy with Harry so he let himself in because as the Headmaster he can override all password locked doors. When he got inside he was shocked. All the books that lined the living room were gone. Albus went from room to room and found that all the rooms were empty of all personal things and in Harry’s room his bed and table were also missing. Albus went to Severus’ office and found that all personal things there were gone as well and there were parchment papers on the desk. Albus went over to the desk and picked up the parchments and read them.





Headmaster Albus Dumbledore

By the time you read this, we will be long gone.

We have decided to fulfill the wishes of James and Lily and step up as the named godfathers as stated in the last will and testament of James and Lily Potter to raise their son Harry James Potter. As such we have decided for the safety of Harry to raise him away from the danger you told us about. Please understand it is in the best interests for the Greater Good that we stay in hiding until Harry reaches of age that was discussed to return to Hogwarts.

We are sorry it had to be this way but Harry’s safety must come first.


Remus Lupin
Sirius Black
Severus Snape










To Whom It May Concern

I, Severus Tobias Snape hereby resign my position as professor for Potions and Head of House for Slytherin at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry effective immediately.

I cite Section 5 article 4 as my reason for leaving. A family emergency at this time requires my full attention which leaves me unable to fulfill my duties as Potion Master and Head of House for Slytherin.

I apologize to have caused any inconvenience, but I must do what is best for the greater good.

Thank you very much for understanding. If at anytime this situation clears up I will reapply for both positions again.

Severus Snape
Potions Master

Albus was fuming after he read both parchments. How dare they go against his orders. He was Albus Dumbledore and he was to be obeyed. Albus made his way out to the portrait in the living room and asked the portrait what he heard. The portrait stared at Albus with a confused look on his face then cupped his ear to signal that he couldn’t hear him. Albus cast the reversal of the spell and then reasked him what he heard.

“They started to talk about leaving after you left, Albus. They were going to discuss where to go when Minerva stopped them and reminded them that the portraits report to you and she sent a spell towards me and I heard no more.” the portrait reported.

“When did they leave?” asked Albus.

“Right after they came back from dinner.” the portrait answered.

“Thank you Reginald.” replied Albus.

Albus left the quarters and went up to his office he had work to do, he had to find them and bring them back or at least bring Harry back. He contacted his people and sent them out to find Harry. Harry should be back in the castle by the end of tomorrow with or without his godfathers.

Harry and his godfathers were in their hotel room, which was a two bedroom suite, getting settled. The hotel had offered them the use of a cot, well they called it a crib but Severus told them that Harry had watched his mother being killed from his ‘crib’ so he screams when put in one. The woman was sympathetic and offered to send them a hide away bed instead.

That night it was Remus’ turn to bath Harry and the little one was in a playful mood. Remus had to chase him down to get him into the tub and as soon as he lifted him out of the tub Harry was off and running. He got to the door leading to the hallway and found that it was open just a little bit so out the door he ran.

“I’ll get him” yelled Severus grabbing a towel.

Severus gave chase with Harry running and giggling.

“Come back here you lil streaker!” exclaimed Severus and all he got for an answer was a giggle.

Severus finally caught up to the toddler and wrapped him in the towel and lifted him up. They were both laughing and so was an elderly couple who were also in the hallway.

“Al do you remember when lil Albert use to do that?” asked the elderly woman with a laugh.

“Yes, Greta I do. It seems like just yesterday doesn’t it.” replied Al with a laugh.

“Enjoy him at this age while you can. Before you know it he will be married with kids of his own.” Greta said with a sad look.

Severus smiled at both of them and took Harry back to their room so that he could finish getting him ready for bed.
Harry looked back at the couple over Severus’ shoulder and waved to them then kissed his hand and waved it to the couple.

So many good memories played in the couple’s minds as they watched the little one leaving with his father. They waved back and blew kisses back to him.

“Al I think I am going to go back to our room and call lil Albert. I suddenly have a need to talk to him.” Greta said with determination.

“Sounds good to me Greta. I also need to hear his voice.” replied Al.

They both headed back to their room and called their son and chatted with him for an hour. They made arrangements to leave to go visit their son and his family the next day.

When Severus and Harry got back to their room Severus handed a giggling Harry over to Remus so that he could get him dressed in his jammies.

“I want to know how he got out the door to the hallway?” asked Severus curiously.

“I went to get some ice but I was sure I closed the door when I came back.” replied Sirius.

“Next time make sure you check. We all will have to make sure we check so that the little scamp can’t get out.” announced Severus.

The other two agreed and Severus told them about the elderiy couple in the hall. They all had a laugh.

Finally it was Harry’s bedtime and they decided that he would sleep in Severus’ room because Remus and Sirius had to share a room. It was the only suite available when they got to the hotel. Sirius read him a story and sang him his song tucked him in and then left the room turning the light off as he left. After he closed the door there was a scream from inside the room. Sirius rushed back into the room flipping the switch as he went. Sitting up in bed is Harry crying. Remus and Severus also ran to the room to see what was wrong.

“What’s the matter little snitch?” Sirius asked cuddling Harry to him.

After he calmed down to hiccups he said.”Dawk.”

“I think the fact that we are in a new place and he usually had a night light on while we were in the castle that he doesn’t like the dark.” suggested Remus.

“Well we can’t make him a night light while in the muggle world. What can we do?” asked Sirius.

“Why don’t we leave one of the side table lights on.” suggested Remus. “Will you be able to sleep with the light on Severus?”

“Yes, I should be able to.” Severus answered.

“We will leave you to calm him down Sirius and get him to sleep before you leave him. Once we get into a permanent place we can get him use to lulling himself to sleep.” Remus declared leaving the room. Severus followed him.

Half an hour later Sirius came out of the room and closed the door until it was only opened a bit.

“He is asleep?” asked Remus.

“Ya finally. Just as he would nod off he would suddenly open his eyes to make sure I was still there. I had to keep my hand on his back so that he knew I was still there for him to close his eyes and keep them closed for any length of time.” answered Sirius.

“Tomorrow morning we will have to go to a magical real estate agent to see if we can find a home so that we can get into a routine. The sooner we can get into a routine the better for Harry and ourselves it will be.” Severus pointed out.

“I think we should also see about getting new wands.” Remus pointed out.

“Why the one I have still works great for me.” asked Sirius confused.

“If we get new wands then our magical signature will change, therefore we can use magic and not be traced,” Remus explained.

“Good idea that can be the first thing we do when we get to L’allée.” Sirius answered.

“Do either of you know where the magical district is here and how to get to it?” questioned Remus.

“I do. I asked when I went to Gringotts to straighten things out with the Goblins. I transferred some of my money over to a muggle bank here in New Orleans and got our papers.” replied Sirius.

They all went to bed early since they had been up all last night to escape from Albus. Plus they had a busy day tomorrow.

The next morning after a hearty breakfast in the hotel restaurant the men made their way to the store that was the front of the magical district. They stood in front of a shop with the name Mama Isabelle’s Crystals. Remus opened the door which jingled and allowed the other two to go before him. They all looked at the door and discovered a set of bells attached to the top of the door.

“That’s so we know when someone comes into the store if we are busy doing something else in the store.” The young girl behind the counter explained when she saw their confused expressions.

As the men came even with the counter an elderly woman came from a door behind the counter and started yelling.
“You dare bring darkness into my shop!” This startled Harry and he began to cry.

“Grandmama look what you have done. You scared the little one.” exclaimed the young woman with an angry look on her face.

“They have darkness tainting them Esmeralda!” the elderly woman all but yelled.

“I know Grandmama I can feel it too but you can’t be frightening all the people that come into the shop” Esmeralda chided softly. She turned to the men and said,”I apologize for my grandmother she means no harm. She is set in her ways and truthfully I wouldn’t want her any other way.”

“It’s alright miss.’ Severus replied after they got Harry calmed down.

“What do you mean we have darkness in us?” asked Remus curiously.

“Two of you have dark magic clinging to you. While you have a wolf attached to you. Don’t worry we won’t hold it against you. We can feel the darkness on the two.” answered Esmeralda.

“I know I do and have since I was a teen.” admitted Severus with a hand over his dark mark.

“The other is coming from one of you two.” Esmeralda said pointing to Sirius who was holding Harry.

“With my upbringing, I guess I could have traces of dark magic on me.” Sirius pondered.

“Here give me Harry and we can know for sure.” requested Remus. Sirius handed Harry over and just stood there and waited.

“No, the darkness moved...now it is there.” announced Esmeralda pointing to Harry and Remus.

They were surprised that it was Harry who had darkness in him. Then it hit Severus. “It could be his wound. His family was attacked on All Hallows Eve. His parents were killed by a dark wizard but when he turned his wand to Harry it backfired back to himself and all Harry has to show for it is that wound that won’t be healed with magic.”
“My name is Esmeralda and this is my grandmother Isabelle. May I come around and examine his wound?” asked Esmeralda.

“My name is Severus, this is Sirius and Remus is holding Harry. You may examine his wound.” Severus replied after looking at Sirius and Remus who both nodded their heads.

Esmeralda came around the counter holding a stick that had the carving of a skull at the top of it and had feathers and what looked like small bones dangling from it. She shook the stick in front of Harry’s face, which facinated him to no end, and centered it on his healing wound.

“The darkness is coming from his wound. It is very dark magic. It is the same magic that is on your arm Severus.” Esmeralda described.

“The same dark wizard did both.” explained Severus.

“Harry’s darkness is alive. Grandmama will you come check it for me please. You may know what it is. If its ok with you?” she asked looking at Severus.

“We don’t have a problem with that if it helps Harry.” answered Severus after getting the okay from Remus and Sirius.

Isabella came around the counter and stepped in front of Remus and Harry. Harry made a noise like a sob.

“It’s ok little one Grandmama won’t hurt you.” said Esmeralda.

Harry looked from Esmeralda to Isabelle and back before he said,”Gwanmama?”

“Yes dear child you may call me Grandmama.” replied Isabelle.

Isabelle raised her hand to the wound and then started to sing. At the end of her song she sighed and shivered before she informed everyone.”That is very dark magic. It is most evil of all darkness. That is soul magic! The little one has a piece of the evil one in his wound. Not to worry little one Grandmama will get rid of the abomination for you.”

Harry’s godfathers and Esmeralda were speechless. When they could finally function Severus asked,”You can really rid him of the evil?”

“Yes, I can rid him of the taint but he must be older so that he can handle the magic involved. That same day we will rid you of your taint as well.” Isabelle informed Severus.

“It will not take over his body will it Ma’am?” asked Sirius who was pretty shaken up.

“No it will not take over the little one. I made sure of that. It is in a magic pocket that it can’t get out of.” Isabelle informed them. They were all relieved to hear that.

While everyone’s attention was on Isabelle Harry had moved the stick so that he could put the top in his mouth.

“No sweetheart you can’t chew on that. Is he teething?” asked Esmeralda.

“Yes, he is teething,” replied Sirius.

“I have just the thing!” exclaimed Esmeralda going behind the counter and through the door. A minute later she came back with something in her hand. She walked over to them and handed the item to Severus. In his hand, he found a ring of what appeared to be plastic and it was room temperature. He looked over to Esmeralda for an explanation.

“Put it up to your lips Severus.” insisted Esmeralda.

Severus put the ring up to his lip and it felt cool as soon as he touched it to his lip but it was still warm in his hand. He handed it to Sirius to check out who did the same thing then handed it to Remus who experimented with it then shrugged and handed it to Harry who immediately popped it into his mouth. As soon as he had it in his mouth he started to really chomp on it.

“Its safe for him to do that isn’t it? He won’t be able to break it?” asked Remus.

“No he won’t be able to break it and it will stay cool for about three months before it needs to be recharged. I used them for my own twins and they loved them.” explained Esmeralda.

“How much do we owe you for it?” asked Sirius.

“No charge. Take it with our apology for Grandmama scaring him when you first came in.” Esmeralda answered.

“That is not necessary but we thank you for the gift.” acknowledged Remus.

“Well we should get going to L’allee. We will see you on the way out.” said Severus

“Okay and I will see you when you leave.” Esmeralda replied with a smile.

Harry and his godfathers went to the back of the shop and opened the portal to L’allee. They first looked for a wand shop and found one just down the way. They went in and waited at the counter for the proprietor. A middle aged gentleman came out from the back and asked if he could help them.

“Yes we are in need of new wands.’ stated Sirius.

“Very well who is first?” He asked.

“I will go first” said Sirius.

The man brought trays of a variety of materials. “All you have to do is run your wand hand over the trays and pick out what feels right to you. We will start with the wood.” he explained.

Sirius waved his hand over the tray slowly and picked up the wood that he felt a tinkle when he waved his hand over it.

“Oak its magical properties are truth, steadfast knowledge, protection. Oak wands bring vitality and long life. This wood helps center the mind, allowing it to focus on the task at hand and ignore distractions. Oak help promote both observation and intuition. Oak magic inspires bravery, presence, leadership skills, prosperity, and strength.” the proprietor said. “Now try the magical animals tray.”

Sirius put his hand over the tray and right away he picked up a vial with what looked like a strand of hair.

“Centaur tail hair. Freely given of course. While the Centaur may not trust most Wizards they are still considered very wise and logical, making this a very stable material for your core. They are also known for their skillfulness in healing making this core useful in healing charms. Also good for power, protection, general magic.” the proprietor exclaimed. He set both items in a tray and turned around. “Next.”

Severus went next. He did exactly what Sirius did and picked up a piece of wood.

“Hazel Wood its magical properties are artistic ability, magical knowledge, and optimism are provided by the enchanting use of Hazel. The energy of hazel wands promoted love and creativity allowing a person to move beyond self-serving modes of existence. Hazel is the bringer of change. Hazel also promotes creative expression, eloquence, and art of all types. This was the most common wood used to create wands in the ancient Celtic traditions. Also used in magic spells for wisdom, creativity, intelligence, navigation, inspiration, and wrath.” the proprietor adviced.”


“Now for the core.” the proprietor said as Severus moved to the other tray. He stopped and picked up a vial with what looked like a small tree branch. “Ah, you picked the Wiggentree it is a magical rowan. Its bark is used in Potion-making (Wiggenweld Potion), and the tree is guarded by Bowtruckles. Anyone who touches the trunk of one of these trees will be protected from Dark Creatures as long as they are doing so. Very unusual combination.” He placed the two items onto another tray.

Remus was next so he handed Harry who was getting bored and whiney to Sirius who started to talk to him in different voices which had Harry giggling.

Remus ran his hand over the blocks of wood and he immediately stopped at one and picked it up.

“Ash its magical properties are that it is an excellent wood for promoting brain power, aids in communication, intelligence, wisdom, and promotes curiosity. Use this wood to remove mental blockages and aid in the promotion of word use and understanding. It is the wood of the writer, poet, and scholar. Promotes spiritual love and health. Protects against unwanted change. Brings balance to the mind. Use for protection from drowning, magickal effectiveness, sea power, and healing. Ash is also used for protection, finding special roots, horse magick, enhances skills of arts and crafts, justice, weather magick, and for working with the magick of cave and wells.” the proprietor said. “Now for your core!”

Once again Remus moved his hand over a tray and was drawn to a vial with liquid in it.

“Acromantula venom is a highly valuable fluid that is secreted from the pincers of an Acromantula. Due to the nature of the Acromantula, the venom is virtually impossible to collect from a live specimen. The venom is therefore easier to collect after the death of the creature, but the venom dries quickly.” He placed the two items on a tray then turned to the men and told them to come back in three hours and their wands will be done.

They left the wand maker’s shop and looked around to see if they could see a real estate place. When they couldn’t see one right away they stopped at a booth and looked at what they were selling.

“I will take this broach. Could you tell me where we could find a real estate agent?” asked Severus handing over the money for the broach. He would send it to Minerva for Yule from Harry.

“You will find the real estate office two streets down the lane. It is about five or so stores down that street.” the vendor said.

“Thank you, Sir.” Severus replied as he nodded his head.

The group followed the the man’s directions and found the office. They went in and saw a woman that looked like she was in her 50s. They shut the door behind them and went up to her desk and stood there until she acknowledged them.

“May I help you gentlemen?” She asked.

‘Yes ma’am. We are looking to buy a house, hopefully in the country. We want it to be big with plenty of land so that Harry here has plenty of space to run around.” replied Severus.

“Hmmm I may have what you are looking for. One just came in. Where did I put that paper?” she said while going through the papers on her desk. “Ah ha here it is.”

She read it over and then said to them. “The property is
10 minutes from the airport. About 25 miles out of town. There is an antebellum mansion, in the French Colonial style, modified with Greek Revival architectural elements on the property. It is located on the mighty Mississippi with access to the swamplands good for getting potion materials. There are 39 rooms and has 27,000 square feet of living space in the main house with 5 floors.

There is a carriage house plus an outbuilding that can be converted into anything you like. It is sitting on 120 acres of land of which 50 acres are on the river so they are free from prying eyes as the home is situated deep into the woods before the grounds open up to a sprawling well-groomed grounds with a large fountain in the front yard and several smaller fountains in the back gardens. Around the formal garden in the rear is a box hedge. Not far from the 2 greenhouses is a hedge maze in the center is a gazebo.

The home was meant to be self-sufficient with a house garden along with an area for livestock and a 60,000-gallon water holding tank for irrigation to the grounds and vegetable gardens. The wards are up to date and fully functional.” she finished reading. “What do you think gentlemen? It’s a good bargain and it will go quick.”

The three men walked a bit away from the woman and talked about it.

“What do you think guys?” asked Sirius. “I think we should take it. I know its big but we can think of what to do with the extra rooms.”

“I think we should see it first then decide.” Remus remarked.

“I agree with Remus we should look at it first then decide.” Severus added.

“You’re right. Let’s ask if we can see it.” allowed Sirius.
“Is it possible for us to see it as soon as possible?”

“I can show you now if you have the time.” offered the real estate agent.

“That would be great. I am Severus and this is Remus
on my left and Sirius and Harry are on my right.” Severus said as they were about to follow the agent.

“Oh how rude of me not introducing myself. Desiree at your service.” She said with a small bow.

They took a portkey to the end of the laneway up to the house. They had felt the wards as soon as they landed.

As they walked up to the house they could see, a double porched house with a double pitched black roof, with six brick chimneys with 3 single paned dormers to add light to the attic. They noticed the 8 white columns, 6 dark green shuttered windows on the two floors.

The main feature of the house was the 60-foot long double veranda that extends the entire length of the butter creme yellow stuccoed walls scored to resemble stone and wraps around the house. There was an ornamental cast-iron railing, with an elaborate grape-cluster design along all 60 feet of the veranda,

The entry doors are surrounded by a transom and sidelights, showcasing original hand-painted stained glass, etched and patterned after the French cross to allegedly ward off evil.

They went through the door and in the entrance hall the first thing they noticed was the sweeping curved staircase leading to the upper levels. The second was the crystal and a wrought iron chandelier that sparkled with so many prisms it just painted the walls with rainbows. The entrance hall featured prized Italian marble floors that continued up the winding staircase.

To the right of the hall was the drawing room for entertainment to the left was the parlor for the family.

The parlor was done in earth tones of brown, tans, greens and reds. The baby grand piano dominated the back of the pale green room opposite of the marble fireplace which had two brown, forest green, deep red, and tan tapestry settee with a low coffee table between them. to the right of the fireplace, the sideboard which had the sterling tea tray placed on it. To the left of the fireplace was a card table elaborate with inlays.

The drawing room was white trimmed with walls done in light Carolina sky blue. The settee and multiple chairs were all Queen Anne style mahogany wood, English Chintz in blues striped with the red floral with shades of green leaves. The two large and ornately carved cornices gilded with gold windows were dressed in pale blue silk damask draperies.

There were pocket doors that closed off the room from the hall and also from the men's lounge where the men could gather and drink their brandy, smoke their cigars and talk over the business. The walls were done in a darker ocean blue and trimmed in dark cream. The windows were treated with heavy velvet drapes in a lighter blue. The furniture was done in rich leather of couches and wingback chairs of deep burgundy. The dark inlaid liquor cabinet had a brandy heavy lead crystal bottle with snifters on a tray on the top.

Going further into the home was the formal dining room which had a table that could sit up to 20 guests at the ornate Louis XV furniture. There was also a smaller family dining room which had a smaller table that sat 6 with leaves that could expand the table to fit up to 10. However, while the table and room are smaller it was no less formal than the larger dining room.

There was a large kitchen with a walk-in pantry where there is a small sink and a large prep area for preparing and canning items from the garden. A door that leads to the garden is located on the back wall. There is also a butlers pantry for the table linens and common dishes, china, glasses, and crystals. plus built-in draws for the company silver and silver wear. In the kitchen, there was a narrow wooden stairway that led upstairs. a laundry room and a room where the house elves sleep.

Off the kitchen is the breakfast room with its own conservatory. This room had heavy leaded Tiffany stain glass windows. in a tutor rose design.

Toward the back of the house is a large library and between the two offices is a family game room with a billiards table. They then went back into the front to the stairs to the second floor.

Climbing the sweeping curved stairway with the ornate banister, they looked down to take in the grand entrance from above then they turedn to take in view of the front of the house from the three lead windows and the upper stained glass pattern above each of the windows before continuing the short flight of stairs that brought them to the second floor. The stairway split the floor into two wings. There was a rich, thick, burgundy carpet on the floor, with high ceilings with the crown molding. The walls are paneled in Circassian walnut, where the seams of the panels would come together there is a thin beam of matching wood to create a frame, every other frame had a painting centered. What caught their attention was the scenes in each of the pictures were still unlike the paintings from home. Some of them were painted scenes of the bayou, others of floral and fauna giving the feeling of sanctuary, unlike downstairs that gave the feeling of formal propriety. As they looked down the extensive hallways they took in the small couches, the chairs, the benches, the small console tables and the small chest of drawers spread along the way to draw in just how large this home is. For Severus, it was the feeling Hogwarts gave him of openness knowing that although they were living together there was room and space where he could be alone in his thoughts and away from the wolf and mutt. Severus could start to feel himself relax for the first time in ever so long.


Almost moving as one mind they went toward the right to explore the rooms. The first room they came to was a large, airy, deep rose and pale green room. It was so rich a colour that it couldn't be called red but was too deep to be called pink. It is obviously the room was for a lady. The sweeping 4 post bed with the sweeping drapes that surrounded the bed reminded Remus and Sirius of the beds from Gryffindor Tower. The room also had a dressing table in the corner by the french doors that opened out to the balcony they noticed when approaching the house. The room also contained a chiffarobe hutch and a high boy dresser. There is a ladies chaise and a writing desk and chair. The fireplace in this room had rose flowers mosaics with a darkly stained wood mantle. The brightly polished wood floor with the area rugs thrown around the bed. After glancing into this room they moved onto the next room down the hall.

“This room would be perfect for Minerva.” Severus stated. The other two nodded their heads. Harry copied them because he didn’t want to be left out. His godfathers smiled at him.

They came to another vast room, the mute yellow floral wallpaper with the furniture all done in fumed oak the bed was to the left of the doorway.to the left of the queen size bed is the french doors with the sheer panels that also opens up to the front of the home, at the foot of the bed is a rocking chair on a throw rug across from the rocking chair is a fireplace done in multiple tiles of different shades of reds with a matching mantle of fumed oak in the center of the mantle is a small grandfather clock. The corner of the fireplace mounted to the wall are two sconces for light the door next to the fireplace opened into a huge walk-in closet with built-in dressers and shelves along with plenty of space to hang clothing. They took in the bookshelves next to the desk.

Across the hall, from these two bedrooms, they opened the door to a very white bathroom. White tiles covered the floor, Larger white tiles made up the walls, a white vanity with a white sink with gold faucet and handles, white deep tub sitting on gold claws, white shower with multiple gold shower heads that came from all sides along with the large gold square shower head coming from the ceiling. On the wall, they noticed several switches they noticed some were for light, but another lit a red bulb which Remus found standing under it heated the room, another turned on a fan and another they learned heated the floor. While the room had a very sterile feel to it the warmth coming from the ceiling and the floor softened the feeling. Remus turned off the switches as they were leaving. Sirius on the way out just couldn't resist turning the switches on and off watching the lights flash a few times before walking out to join the others.

They continued down to the next room this was a small sitting room with built-in shelves 3/4 of the way up the wall which was done with a filled burlap type wallpaper the top of the built-in shelves became a ledge that housed different pieces of art, vases, a few frames of art, and some curious pieces of curved branches, In the corners near the fireplace are chairs with footstools. So many books filled the shelves that both Remus and Severus were curious to look at the books in this room as they looked over the titles they were pleased to find books that told about the area plants, history, animals, and this was just on first glance. Both knowing they would be returning to this room soon as they knew that they were going to take the house.

The next room they came to was a sweeping suite known as the Master Suite, it was very ornate with the king bed taking center stage with the white marble fireplace taking a close second. It was a pale peach silk wall treatment with gilded gold picture frames of a large three-piece painting depicting a floral field scene that was mounted above the fireplace. To the right of the bed was a sitting room with a small couch and low table along with a rollback desk with a chair. To the left was a large walk-in closet again like the bedroom before this one with built-in drawers and shelves and rods for the hanging for clothes. In the bedroom at the foot of the bed is a blanket chest catty-corner in the room is a dressing table with a matching pale peach dust ruffle and a silk covered bench. beside the bed on each side are nightstands with gold lamps with peach shades that when on would give soft lighting to the room.

Next to the master suite is a room that could only be the nursery. There is a baby cot which they would change out with the toddlers bed they have in their luggage, a changing table small table with two chairs to fit the scale of the children's table there is also a day bed against the opposite wall of the cot. Next to the daybed is a rocking chair and a shelf for the child's books. In the archway that opened into another room, it is clear this was for the baby nurse or nanny to sleep in there is a small twin size bed and dresser with an oval mirror mounted above it.

Across the hall was the child's playroom, inside was a large wooden train table with strange trains with faces on each of the trains there were tunnels for the train to go under along with wooden trees and people to create an play scene. The men didn't know what to make of the trains. There was soft carpet on the floor. Many interesting toys that none of the men had ever seen before and not sure what to make of it. One was different coloured beads mounted on thick coloured wire manipulated into spirals or arches or zig zag. There was a large wooden dollhouse that opened on a hinge with multiple floors with furniture and a family of 4 dolls a pair of large male and female and smaller pair again of male and female of a muggle family. There were even a dog and a cat. Sirius was pleased to see the dog looked very much like his own black "Padfoot". There were multiple soft animals of a monkey, bears, and to their delight even a dragon. There was a curious metal box with a handle. The box had a different colour on each of the sides of the box when Severus picked it up to look at it he turned the handle and to his surprise music played not knowing the tune he continued to turn the handle after a few seconds a jester popped out of the top of the box startling Severus so much he dropped the toy. Sirius couldn't help himself, he dropped to the floor laughing so hard he couldn't breathe as he was gasping for air.

At that Severus turned to leave the room. Harry wanted to get down and play but they didn’t have time for him to play today.

“You can play with the toys after we move in, Harry.” stated Remus who was holding Harry at the time.

Desiree was surprised that they were going to take the house, but she was also pleased.

Next to the playroom was another bathroom that was a twin to the one down the hall and then they came to a narrow stairway leading downstairs.

“This is the servant stairs down to the kitchen.” Desiree informed them.

The group turned back the other way to go down the hallway to see the other wing. As they passed through the hallway furniture and pictures again they couldn't help but notice how calm feeling this floor was.

The first room they came to was another large suite. the main room had a king size bed on a white wash frame with a slotted head and foot board matching night stand with lamps with pop out heavy paper lamp shades of a floral with butterflies design. In the corner was a free-standing mirror, in the same corner against the wall in a built-in twin cupboard with a series of drawers, against the wall is a high back sofa in shades of yellow and blues all muted ranging from soft faded to sharp bright colours. Next to the sofa is built in shelves housing more books and nicknacks.
A small writing desks with a matching chair. This room had a connecting bathroom like the other bathrooms on the floor all done in the sterile white. In place of a walk-in closet is an extensive dressing room there was wrap around closet poles to hang the clothes. In the middle is an island with drawers on one side and shelves on the other.
There is lounge along with an oversize armless overstuff chair in the same off-white fabric of the lounge.

The next room is another ensuite bedroom with a stencil design of birds in flight and that stencil design continued throughout the room in the carving in the headboards and the wood furniture along with the mosaics in the fireplace
even in the bed linens. It too has the large white full bathroom.

The next room ensuite was done in all shades of purple from the tiles in the fireplace to the stain silk wall treatment to the flowing drapes that outlined the french door that opens to the balcony. The mahogany furniture just gleamed under the polished it was given The bedposts sported pineapples at the top of each post.

The two twin size beds in the smaller yet still quite spacious room with the palm leaf wallpaper in beige and mutes olive. The furniture was beechnut and matching twin chest of drawers each with its own blanket chest at he foot of the beds. opposite of the fireplace against the wall are two study desks with a built-in low bookshelf.

The next bedroom had a very nautical feel to it done is sky blue the bed quilt is an off-white with a pale blue border, the anchor of a ship is done in patchwork in shades of ocean blue taking the center place of the quilt on each of the two twin size beds. At each of the foot of the bed are small study desks and chairs. There are twin highboy dressers and a rocking chair in the corner of the room.

There were another three bedrooms also in this wing with
the main room having a king size bed on a white wash frame with a slotted head and foot board matching night stand with lamps with pop out heavy paper lamp shades. In the corner was a free-standing mirror, in the same corner against the wall in a built-in twin cupboard with a series of drawers. against the wall is a high back sofa. Next to the sofa is built in shelves housing books and nicknacks.
A small writing desk with a matching chair. The rooms had a connecting bathroom like the other bathrooms on the second floor all done in the sterile white. There is a walk-in closet in each of the rooms. There is lounge along with an oversize armless overstuff chair.

The adult trio and sleeping Harry returned to the central staircase to go to the fourth floor.

When they went to the left they saw that this was the servants' quarters. The rooms were plain almost austere with plain serviceable furniture and small rooms.

When they went to the right the first room is obviously a game room. When they entered this room Remus noticed the chess board set up. He remembered that some of the kids in his house had muggle chess. He noticed another game set up with black and red disks on a black and red board.

“Severus? Do you know what this game is? asked Remus as he held up one of the disks? Severus had a flashback of him and Lily playing that game in the park behind a bush while they were hiding from Petunia.

“It’s called checkers.” Severus said

Sirius was surprised to see a cricket bat and ball alongside another type of bat with some white balls.

There were shelves with different boxes of games on a low shelving unit under the window where the top of the shelving unit was made into a window seat. There was a dart board hanging on the wall. Sirius plucked one of the darts off of the board to look at it. He took in the sharp point and stabbed it back into the board. Remus watched Sirius and pointed out the white line on the floor.

“You would stand back behind that line and throw it at the board. The numbers on the board tell you how many points you get for that area and the one who gets the most points wins.” explained Remus as he went and got a dart and demonstrated.

“How do you know that?” Sirus questioned.

Remus told him, “It is an English pub game muggle's play.”.

Remus was thinking about all the different things in this room that muggles' used to entertain themselves. The titles of some of these games just made him question them but then he thought about gobstones and the games from his world the first time a muggle-born or half blood who grew up in the muggle world when they first came to Hogwarts. He thought about learning to play these games over the time of Harry's childhood so he had the experiences from both the wizardly world of his father but also the muggle world of his mother. He then took another look at the titles of the games, I wondered if these were games Lily played with or are they only games played in The States?


They left that room and entered a room with colourful bolts of fabric, a machine with thread on a spool on top of the machine, tables with a yardstick and scissors. There was also a chair with a small tapestry partially done stretched out on a loom. Sirius was taken in by how long it took to complete these projects without the aid of magic. Desiree told them that this is a sewing room. He had never seen a sewing room before since there were spells for repairs and clothing stores to purchase the original items he never thought of doing this as an activity.


After they left the sewing room they crossed the hall to enter what could only be the classroom. There was a blackboard and chalk on the wall, A large desk catty-corner and a globe and long pointer on the desk.

6 student desks and a stool in the corner was in the room and in the back of the room was a bookshelf with readers and textbooks. Next to the bookshelf was a two-door cupboard filled with school supplies. Severus thought that as Harry got older they would spend a lot of time in this room.

The room next to the classroom was clearly the room belonging to the Tutor. It was a suite where the bedroom part was in the front room and in the back room. had a couch that faced the outdoors and behind the couch is a large desk with a blotter on it and a ruler along with a pen and pencil kit. Abutting two walls is bookshelves filled with reference books, study guides, readers, and textbooks. Severus glancing at the titles knew this was another place he was going to come back to.


As they continued on their tour, they came to an infirmary that could rival Madam Pomfrey's. It had everything you would need in case of an emergency. Severus would have to work on getting a room ready for his lab right away so that he could make potions for the infirmary.

They went up to the final floor where there was an area for storage of their traveling trunks and an area that would be ideal for an owlery.



After touring the house and they were in the foyer the godfathers got together to talk it over with each other.

“What do you think?” asked Sirius.

“I like it, I see so much potential.” answered Severus.

“I think we should snatch it up.” concluded Remus.

They go back over to Desiree and Remus informs her that they will take it and they were willing to pay the asking price. She remarked that there was paperwork that needs to be filled out so they would need to portkey back to her office. So they left the house and portkeyed back to her office.

This woke Harry up which is good because if he had slept any longer he wouldn’t go down for his rest in the afternoon.

Once the paperwork was completed and the money had changed hands Desiree informed them that it would take a week for the title to be transferred over to them. They could move in after that. The godfathers shook Desiree’s hand and left the office with their copy of the paperwork.

“Only need to stay in the hotel for another week. Can hardly wait to move into our home.” crowed Sirius.

“I can’t wait either! All that space to mold to how we want it.” gushed Remus.

“We will have to start by doing spells on the furniture to keep them in pristine order around Harry. I don’t think they are toddler proof as they are.” Severus informed the other two.

“No, I don’t suppose they are.” agreed Remus.

After they left Desiree’s office they went back to the wand shop. One at a time they tried out their wands and found them well suited for each of them. They paid for them and got wand holders for each of them. Thanking the proprietor for his excellent work they left the shop.

On the way out from the alley the men stopped and talked to Esmeralda.

“Esmeralda how old does Harry have to be for the ritual?” asked Severus curiously.

“For the best results we can do the ritual after his fourth birthday.” Esmeralda informed them.

“So in three and a half years he can be cleansed of the evil?” asked Severus.

“Yes and closer to his fourth birthday we will sit down and explain the ritual to you all.” replied Esmeralda.

“Gwanmama?” asked Harry looking around.

“I’m sorry sweetheart Grandmama is laying down.” Esmeralda told Harry with a sad face.

Harry’s lip started to tremble but changed into a smile when he saw Grandmama come out of the door behind the counter.

“I’m here child!” Isabelle said going around the counter to talk to Harry.

“Gwanmama!” yelled Harry happily. He leaned out with his arms out so that Isabelle can take him.

“Grandmama you are supposed to be laying down resting.” chided Esmeralda.

“Pfffft I can rest all I want after I die.” remarked Isabelle.

Isabelle took Harry over to a shelf not far from the men and was talking softly to Harry who was paying wrap attention to what she was saying. They saw Harry reach for a crystal but as one of them started to go over to tell Harry not to touch anything Esmeralda stopped them saying that they are protection crystals and that they will protect the little one from bad dreams. Thinking that this was a good idea with the many nights Harry wakes up screaming because he is dreaming of what happened the night his parents were killed.

Isabelle brought Harry back and handed him to Severus. Who asked Remus for his teether because he was trying to chew on the crystal. After sterilizing the teether he handed it to Harry.

“Here Harry I will trade you.” suggested Remus.

“Harry looked at what Remus had and let go of the crystal and grabbed the teether and put it into his mouth and chomped down on it hard. Good thing Severus had good reflexes or the crystal would have hit the floor.

“How much for the crystal?” asked Sirius.

“It’s my gift to my new grandson.” answered Isabelle.

“Thank you ma’am.” replied Sirius with a grin.

“Harry thank Grandmama for the crystal.” suggested Severus firmly.

“Tank ‘ou Gwanmama.” Harry said around his teether.

“You are welcome little one.” replied Isabelle kissing his cheek.

“Well we should get going so we can feed Harry lunch then put him down for his rest time.” said Severus.

“Bye you all.” both Isabelle and Esmeralda said together.
And the men and Harry left the shop in search of lunch.
They found a restaurant down the street from Isabelle’s shop. They ate lunch then went back to their suite and laid Harry down for his rest. It took awhile but he finally went off to dreamland.

The week went fast for them. They checked out of the hotel and moved into the house. The first thing they did was spell the furniture like they talked about then they went from room to room and Remus put down on a piece of parchment what they wanted to change in each room so that they can see what they can do and what they will have to hire out for.

After they finished that they went to the kitchen and Remus poured them each a glass of champagne.

“To our new start.” said Remus raising his glass.

“To our new start and may it be what we invisioned it to be.” countered Sirius raising his glass.

“To our new start.” Severus added raising his glass

They clinked their glasses together to which Harry giggled. He liked the sound the glasses made.

“Well off to do what needs to be done.” Severus remarked.
They took Harry to the playroom and put monitoring spells on him and the room. They put an age line spell on the door so that they could leave the door open. Harry stood in the middle of the room looking overwhelmed. What should he explore first he wondered.

Remus ran downstairs. He shifted all the luggage around so he get to Harry’s. He opened it up and took out a small red bag which he enlarged to regular size and took it upstairs. Remus then went into the playroom and put the bag on the floor and called Harry over.

“Harry do you want your friends?” asked Remus.

“Pweassss Unkie Mooey!” screeched Harry running over to Remus.

Remus reached in and took out each of the stuffies and handed them to Harry who took them over to a carpeted area that was piled with pillows with a bookcase filled with books.

“There you go Harry. Have fun.” said Remus carrying the bag out of the room.

The three of them watched Harry from the doorway.

Life was good for them.
To be continued...


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=3476