It's not enough by lastcrazyhorn
Summary: Harry wants what no one has thought to give him. Safety. Security. The ability to rely on someone else. And he's willing to go to any length to find it.
Categories: Teacher Snape > Trusted Mentor Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Dumbledore, Hermione, Pomfrey, Ron
Snape Flavour: Overly-protective Snape, Snape is Stern
Genres: Angst, Drama, Family, Hurt/Comfort
Media Type: None
Tags: Adoption, Alternate Universe
Takes Place: 2nd summer, 2nd Year
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys, Neglect
Challenges: None
Series: Wanted
Chapters: 26 Completed: Yes Word count: 4918 Read: 101028 Published: 26 May 2018 Updated: 19 Jun 2018
My plight by lastcrazyhorn

“It means that you no longer have to go somewhere that you are unwanted,” Snape says.

The lump in Harry’s throat gets bigger.

“And I s’pose you know all about that?”  Is what comes out of his mouth before he claps his hands over his face.  

I am an idiot.

“I s’pose I do,” Snape answers with a strangely forgiving expression.  “Since I’m one of the ones whose plight was ignored by the Headmaster.”

“What d’you mean, ‘ignored’?” He asks with a frown.

Does he mean--?

“If a child in my situation came into my notice now?  I would see that he or she were removed instantly,” Snape’s face morphed into a scowl.

“Why--,” He swallows with difficulty.  “Why weren’t you?”

“Because the Headmaster only cares for Gryffindors,” Snape spits out, briefly turning to glance at McGonagall.  

“Except when he doesn’t,” Harry whispers.

“Indeed, Mr Potter.”

“Although a great majority of the students we have removed have been in Slytherin, there have also been children removed from Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff and Gryffindor.  In fact, after Slytherin, the most children removed have been from Gryffindor.” Snape says, looking steadily at him.

“Then why do you treat us so badly?”

The End.


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=3483