It's not enough by lastcrazyhorn
Summary: Harry wants what no one has thought to give him. Safety. Security. The ability to rely on someone else. And he's willing to go to any length to find it.
Categories: Teacher Snape > Trusted Mentor Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Dumbledore, Hermione, Pomfrey, Ron
Snape Flavour: Overly-protective Snape, Snape is Stern
Genres: Angst, Drama, Family, Hurt/Comfort
Media Type: None
Tags: Adoption, Alternate Universe
Takes Place: 2nd summer, 2nd Year
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys, Neglect
Challenges: None
Series: Wanted
Chapters: 26 Completed: Yes Word count: 4918 Read: 101091 Published: 26 May 2018 Updated: 19 Jun 2018
A closer eye on him by lastcrazyhorn
Author's Notes:
My next segment will be called "A yearning so deep"

“I won’t tell anyone I used you as a pillow!  I promise, sir!”

Snape’s lips quirk briefly into the semblance of a smile.

“I meant in regard to the conversation that we had with you and the other heads-of-house.”

Oh.

“Sorry, sir.”

Snape waves a hand at him dismissively.  

“You are hardly the first student who has curled up next to me.  I am a head-of-house. I am used to dealing with tears.”

Oh.  

“McGonagall, um Professor McGonagall,” He corrects himself as he catches the small frown that Snape is giving him.  “She doesn’t get cried on much, I don’t think.”

“She does during exams.  I should know. I have to hear her complaints.”

He grins in spite of himself.  

. . .

He soon discovers that he knows the castle better than he thought.  Secret passages become easier to stumble upon, and the stairs are working in his favour more often than not.

He doesn’t think anything of it until Hermione points it out.  He can’t give her any of his theories, considering he isn’t allowed to talk of his change in guardianship, but he suspects it has something to do with Hogwarts herself.

Perhaps she is keeping a closer eye on him.

He likes that theory.

The End.


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=3483