It's not enough by lastcrazyhorn
Summary: Harry wants what no one has thought to give him. Safety. Security. The ability to rely on someone else. And he's willing to go to any length to find it.
Categories: Teacher Snape > Trusted Mentor Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Dumbledore, Hermione, Pomfrey, Ron
Snape Flavour: Overly-protective Snape, Snape is Stern
Genres: Angst, Drama, Family, Hurt/Comfort
Media Type: None
Tags: Adoption, Alternate Universe
Takes Place: 2nd summer, 2nd Year
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys, Neglect
Challenges: None
Series: Wanted
Chapters: 26 Completed: Yes Word count: 4918 Read: 101053 Published: 26 May 2018 Updated: 19 Jun 2018
No choice by lastcrazyhorn

The barrier at Platform 9 and 3/4ths is solid.  

“We can’t get through,” He says, his already white face paling further.

He wishes desperately for someone to hold him, someone to tell him that all will be well, for someone to take control.

Unfortunately, they don’t have anyone, and all that’s left is the stares they’re getting and the rising sense of hopelessness.

And a car.  A flying, invisible car.

There isn’t a choice.  He doesn’t have any options.  He has to get to Hogwarts.  He cannot stay here any longer, in this place of not belonging, in this place of not home.

I don’t have a home, is his despondent thought.

. . .

“You were seen!”  

Snape slams the muggle paper down on the desk in-between them with such violence that he nearly bursts into tears from the fright.

He’s hungry.  He’s tired. He’s home.

But I don’t have a home.  Not even here.

“If it were up to me, you’d be expelled.”

Where would I go?  What would happen to me?

Harry pulls his knees up to his chest in an effort to calm his racing heart.  He’s trembling badly.

“Stop it!  You’re scaring Harry!” Ron shouts.

The End.


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=3483