It's not enough by lastcrazyhorn
Summary: Harry wants what no one has thought to give him. Safety. Security. The ability to rely on someone else. And he's willing to go to any length to find it.
Categories: Teacher Snape > Trusted Mentor Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Dumbledore, Hermione, Pomfrey, Ron
Snape Flavour: Overly-protective Snape, Snape is Stern
Genres: Angst, Drama, Family, Hurt/Comfort
Media Type: None
Tags: Adoption, Alternate Universe
Takes Place: 2nd summer, 2nd Year
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys, Neglect
Challenges: None
Series: Wanted
Chapters: 26 Completed: Yes Word count: 4918 Read: 101244 Published: 26 May 2018 Updated: 19 Jun 2018
No one to turn to by lastcrazyhorn

“You should have thought of the consequences before pulling such an idiotic stunt!”

Snape slams the door behind him in an effort to go and find McGonagall.  

Harry has a feeling that he does it to refrain from throttling them both. The thought does little to calm him.

“You okay, Harry?”

He shakes his head wordlessly.  He’s concentrating on not throwing up.  He wishes he had a dark hole to crawl into.

And never come out.

. . .

McGonagall is furious.

She doesn’t yell, but the disappointment in her eyes is just as bad.  

Ron babbles through their story in a ragged way, looking back and forth between McGonagall and him with both panic and oddly, concern.

“We didn’t have a choice,” Ron tells them at last.

“Why didn’t you send an owl?”  McGonagall glares severely down at them.

A knock on the door reveals no other than Dumbledore.

There’s no reason to exaggerate.

Harry feels the fury all over again.  He barely feels it when his feet finally hit the floor.

“Who?”  He surprises them all by speaking.

“Who, what, my boy?”  Dumbledore raises an eyebrow instead of his usual twinkling grace.

“Who should we have sent it to?”  He hisses.

The End.


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=3483