It's not enough by lastcrazyhorn
Summary: Harry wants what no one has thought to give him. Safety. Security. The ability to rely on someone else. And he's willing to go to any length to find it.
Categories: Teacher Snape > Trusted Mentor Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Dumbledore, Hermione, Pomfrey, Ron
Snape Flavour: Overly-protective Snape, Snape is Stern
Genres: Angst, Drama, Family, Hurt/Comfort
Media Type: None
Tags: Adoption, Alternate Universe
Takes Place: 2nd summer, 2nd Year
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys, Neglect
Challenges: None
Series: Wanted
Chapters: 26 Completed: Yes Word count: 4918 Read: 101194 Published: 26 May 2018 Updated: 19 Jun 2018
Will I have to go back? by lastcrazyhorn

“And you asked the headmaster to stay over the summer?”  Snape asks him at the end of the exceedingly long exam.

“Yes, sir,” He whispers.

Snape’s scowl deepens but he nods and turns to Madame Pomfrey.  

“I must see to my Snakes,” Is all his professor says before leaving.

“Will I have to go back?”  He asks.

“Not if we have anything to do with it,” Pomfrey answers, smoothing down his covers fretfully.

He drops his chin to his chest and sighs.

“But the headmaster gets the last say.  And he doesn’t think anything’s wrong.”

Maybe he thinks I deserve it.

“The headmaster is not the only authority on this,” Pomfrey says tersely, her lips thinning.

“Are there magical orphanages?”  He asks tremulously.

“No.  The wizarding world is inter-married enough that family is almost always found.”

“What if I get put with someone who is worse?”  

“Hopefully, it won’t come to that,” She answers, patting his knee gently.  “I’m keeping you here overnight and don’t frown at me! You knew I would need to.  If you were in the muggle world, it’d be even longer. So be thankful for that.”

The End.
End Notes:
I see Pomfrey as a Slytherin, and Harry's situation has deeply unsettled her.


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=3483