It's not enough by lastcrazyhorn
Summary: Harry wants what no one has thought to give him. Safety. Security. The ability to rely on someone else. And he's willing to go to any length to find it.
Categories: Teacher Snape > Trusted Mentor Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Dumbledore, Hermione, Pomfrey, Ron
Snape Flavour: Overly-protective Snape, Snape is Stern
Genres: Angst, Drama, Family, Hurt/Comfort
Media Type: None
Tags: Adoption, Alternate Universe
Takes Place: 2nd summer, 2nd Year
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys, Neglect
Challenges: None
Series: Wanted
Chapters: 26 Completed: Yes Word count: 4918 Read: 101236 Published: 26 May 2018 Updated: 19 Jun 2018
Old familiar pain by lastcrazyhorn

He watches the packages flown by the owls with envy and adds another point to his list.

Correspondence.  

Mentally, he awards himself two points for using a word that Ron would likely frown at.  

He didn’t have to have presents.  He wouldn’t know what to do with them.  But . . . receiving a letter here and there.  That would be nice.

Absently, he rubs his chest as the old familiar pain resurfaces.  

“When did she let you out?”  Ron asks him, sliding in beside him.  

Hermione takes the seat opposite and watches them curiously.

“I told her some.  It’s not like I had a choice!”  Ron growls, freckles standing out against his still too white face.

Harry grins and adds another line to his list.  

Worry.   Concern over well-being.

He should know that term well enough.  He’s heard it dished out by both Hermione and Pomfrey.

“She let me go just before breakfast.  I only got here a couple of minutes before you guys.”

“What are you going to do, Harry?”  Hermione looks at him searchingly.

He bites his lip.

“I need to find a new guardian,” He says quietly.  

“What about the headmaster?  He’s not gonna like that,” Ron asked.

The End.


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=3483