Harry Snape by Lily Snape 2020
Summary: The night that Harry James Potter became the boy who lived it changed Severus Snape's life forever. For he was about to do something that he thought he would never do,.. help raise the son of his worst enemy. (A rewrite of an old fanfic of mine.)
Categories: Parental Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required)
Snape Flavour: Snape is Loving
Genres: Family
Media Type: None
Tags: Child fic
Takes Place: 0 - Pre Hogwarts (before Harry is 11)
Warnings: Physical Punishment Spanking
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 13 Completed: No Word count: 14892 Read: 20082 Published: 07 Feb 2020 Updated: 14 Apr 2020
The Power Within by Lily Snape 2020
Severus sat Harry down on top of his lap while he drank his milk inside his tiny red sippy cup. Harry sniffed. He had calmed down now and he wasn’t crying anymore but there were still tear stains on his cheeks. As Severus held him, he thought about what had just happened and how he had referred to Harry as his child.




He rested his chin up against his head and kissed it softly. “It’s alright now, everything’s going to be alright.” He reassured him soothingly before kissing his head again while he continued to drink his milk. He couldn’t believe how much love he had inside his heart for a child that wasn’t even biologically his. That’s when suddenly a familiar little boy sat down beside them.






As Severus turned his head, he saw that it was the boy who was referred to before as Ronald Weasley. “Hullo.” He said with a wide grin while looking over at Harry who decided that he would rather drink his milk than talk him as he simply just sniffed again. “What’s wong?” he wondered.






“Another boy pushed him.” Severus began. “Where’s your mummy and daddy?” He inquired but the boy just simply shrugged. “You mean you don’t know?” He questioned.






“No, they just told me to sit here and that they would be wight back.” He replied.



“So in other words I’m stuck being your babysitter even though I have no idea who you are apart from the fact that your name is Ronald Weasley.” He said.






“Yep, that’s pwetty much it.” He told him before turning over to look at Harry. “Who is he?” He wondered as Severus turned to glance back down at him.





“His name is Harry Potter.” He replied.





“Oh. What happened to his fohead?” Ronald questioned while pointing at Harry’s scar.







Before Severus could find a way to answer him both of his parents returned, and a bunch of other children sat down on either side of him causing him to roll his eyes. “Harry if you need to do anything in your diaper now’s the time to do it.” He whispered inside his ear suddenly filled with dread on the fact that someday he would be stuck with all of the Weasleys at Hogwarts.






However, Harry’s diaper remained dry and suddenly they were met by another familiar face. The next thing that Severus knew Stevie Wilde was headed straight towards their table. “Uncle Severus? What are you doing here?” She questioned him with uncertainty.






“Well, my girlfriend and her sister needed some time to catch up with each other so I figured that I would leave them alone with Sarah and bring Harry here.” He explained.





“Who’s Sarah?” She wondered.




“Harry’s new baby sister.” He began. “So what’s a fifteen year old witch like yourself doing in the wizarding version of Chuck E. Cheese?” He wondered.






“Actually, I’m babysitting.” She began. “Only I can’t seem to find my group.” She told him.





“Yes,.. apparently that happens rather frequently around here.” He said.





“I have a feeling that I know where they are though. They’re probably getting ready to see the show.” She said as Severus raised a questioning eyebrow at this.





“And what show would that be?’ He inquired while suddenly filled with curiosity.

“The Dragons. They have a gig here today.” She explained.





“The Dragons? Didn’t they just get together a few months ago?” Severus questioned her.





“Yes they did, but they’ve become widely popular since then.” She replied and that’s when suddenly Severus realized that Harry’s diaper began to sag while he finished up his milk.






“Well it was nice seeing and chatting with you but now I must be going.” Severus began while he got to his feet and readjusted his grip on Harry while he hoisted him up to his hip. “I have to get him changed.” He explained. “Good luck on finding your group.” He told her before he started carrying Harry towards the men’s restrooms completely unaware of the sorrowful look on her face as she left. She just simply heaved a sad sigh before turning around and walking away.






Meanwhile back at home Sarah was busy taking a nap and Lily and Petunia were sitting down on the couch together with cups of a pumpkin spiced tea in their hands. “Alright now that Sarah is asleep you and I need to talk.” Lily began. “I know that something’s up. It’s Vernon isn’t it?” She questioned her sister and suddenly realized that a rather worried and anxious look came onto her face.






“Yes, it is.” She replied.





“Really? What has he done to you this time!? I swear if he’s been hurting you again, I’ll turn him into a flea and then the dogs and cats can bite at him!” She cried.






“It isn’t me that he’s been hurting this time. It’s Dudley.” She told her.




“Dudley? But Petunia he isn’t even in nursery school yet.” Lily said and started to think about how she would feel if Harry was the one being abused and started worrying that her brother in-law might come after him next.






“I know.” She replied with a sniff as tears rolled down her cheeks and she quickly brushed them away. “Vernon just gets frustrated with him sometimes, but he acts just like any other two-year-old would act.” She said.






“So then why do you stay with him? I know we’ve never really been the greatest of friends but I also know that deep down we care about each other, and whether Vernon likes it or not you care about my children just as much as I care about your son.” Lily said.









“I don’t know. I guess it’s just because I’m not a witch. If I were, I might have enough strength to stand up to him.” Petunia told her.






“Petunia, there are millions of muggles out there that have this sort of problem and obviously magic doesn’t even cross most of their minds. At least the kind of magic that witches and wizards use. Muggles have their own magic as well that lies inside of them, but it’s up to them to discover it.” She told her and that’s when suddenly Severus and Harry came through the front door.







Lily smiled at them as Harry laid fast asleep inside of Severus’ arms with his head laid down upon his shoulder. Petunia was still deep in thought at the words that her younger sister had spoken to her while Severus quietly shut the door behind him. “Careful going down the hallway, Sarah’s asleep too.” Lily warned him.






“Don’t worry I will.” Severus replied quietly before continuing to carry Harry back to his bedroom.
To be continued...


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=3562