Harry Snape by Lily Snape 2020
Summary: The night that Harry James Potter became the boy who lived it changed Severus Snape's life forever. For he was about to do something that he thought he would never do,.. help raise the son of his worst enemy. (A rewrite of an old fanfic of mine.)
Categories: Parental Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required)
Snape Flavour: Snape is Loving
Genres: Family
Media Type: None
Tags: Child fic
Takes Place: 0 - Pre Hogwarts (before Harry is 11)
Warnings: Physical Punishment Spanking
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 13 Completed: No Word count: 14892 Read: 20127 Published: 07 Feb 2020 Updated: 14 Apr 2020

1. The Boy (and woman) Who Lived by Lily Snape 2020

2. Just A Child by Lily Snape 2020

3. Surprising News by Lily Snape 2020

4. The Little Visitor by Lily Snape 2020

5. Something Different by Lily Snape 2020

6. Last Minute Requests by Lily Snape 2020

7. A Night Into Town by Lily Snape 2020

8. Mister Mum by Lily Snape 2020

9. Two Is Better Than One by Lily Snape 2020

10. Puff's Playhouse by Lily Snape 2020

11. The Power Within by Lily Snape 2020

12. Family Matters by Lily Snape 2020

13. Stevie's Secret by Lily Snape 2020

The Boy (and woman) Who Lived by Lily Snape 2020
"No,.. please,.. don't kill Lily. Please,.. spare her life,.. please,.. I beg of you." Severus pleaded as he looked into the devilish eyes of the man that he called his master. "I love her." He told him and there was a few moment's silence before his master spoke.



"Very well then Severus. I shall honor your wishes and not kill Lily Potter. That is as long as she doesn't get in my way." He told him. "However James and Harry Potter are fair game as far as I'm concerned. Especially Harry Potter. I must kill him and stop the prophecy from coming true."





There was another few moments of silence as Severus continued looking at him. On one hand Harry Potter was the son of James Potter, his sworn enemy since Hogwarts. However, on the other hand he was also Lily's son and (or so he was told since he hadn't ever laid eyes on the child himself yet) he had her eyes.




"My lord, MUST you kill Harry Potter? He is only a child after all." He pointed out which was true since even though he didn't really care about the boy, Harry wasn't even two years old yet and he wasn't as cruel as to just stand aside and let him die.





His master raised a questioning eyebrow at this. "Now tell me Severus why such concern? Isn't he the son of the man you have despised since your childhood?" He wondered.






"Yes my lord, but he is also HER son." Severus pointed out.




"I'm sorry Severus but if I don't kill him then I will be destroyed. It has already been decided. Harry James Potter must die." His master told him and with that he disapparated.





That's when suddenly Severus decided that he must put away all the hate that he had for James for the sake of Lily and her son's safety. Once he finished looking around to check to see that all of the remaining death eaters had vanished with their master, he disapparated as well and reappeared outside the Potter's cottage.






Breathing heavily and with his heart pounding frantically he quickly hurried up to their front door and rang the doorbell. A few moments later Lily Potter, the love of his life and the woman of his dreams opened the door. Of course Lily looked a lot more shocked to see him there than he was to see her.




"Severus? What are you doing here?" She questioned him quietly with uncertainty as a fluffy black cat ran out the door before she could stop him. In the background Severus could hear what sounded like a small child giggling.






"Oh dear! Fluffy get back here!" Lily exclaimed before she just simply heaved a sigh and shook her head. "Don't worry, he's an indoor/outdoor cat, but it's awfully late at night and I don't completely trust all the neighbors around here in this neighborhood. Since it is Halloween after all and he's black." She explained.





"Speaking of people who are untrustworthy there's something I need to tell you. You and Harry are in danger. It's Petter Pettigrew, he's betrayed you and your husband." Severus told her with his voice nervously shaking as Lily just simply looked at him with disbelief.





"Lily you need to trust me and take Harry somewhere and go. I tried to stop him, I really did." He told her earnestly as tears began to roll down his cheeks.





"James!!" Lily shrieked while hurrying back over to him while Harry continued reaching out his tiny little hands at the beautiful light show that was happening right in front of him and Severus followed suit.






"Lily, what is it?" James questioned her anxiously with concern as he turned to look over at Severus who just simply looked back at him without saying a word.





"Harry's in danger." Lily began while bending over to pick up her son. "Voldemort is coming." She told him. Sure enough as James glanced up and looked out the window he realized that his wife was right as a man in a black cloak was slowly headed towards their cottage.





"Lily! Take Harry upstairs and hide him! I'll hold him off!" James instructed as Severus quickly followed along behind Lily as she carried her baby upstairs. Once they got upstairs Lily shut the door to Harry's nursery tightly and locked it. Afterwards she placed Harry in his crib and then turned to her old friend.





"Severus, I really don't think that you should be here, but since I already know that you insist upon it, take James' invisibility cloak." She instructed while grabbing it off the chair and throwing it over top of him. As soon as he was safely hidden out of sight Lily squatted down in front of Harry for she knew that this might possibly be the last time that she would ever get to speak to him. Severus watched her as she did this.




"Harry listen to me." She began. "Harry Mumma loves you,.. Dada loves you,.. Harry be safe, and be strong." She told him while the small toddler just simply looked up at her with confusion. It took everything in his power to stop it as the door suddenly burst open and Voldemort was standing in front of the woman that he loved.




"No,.." He whispered to himself. Lily slowly got to her feet and turned around to face him.




"Alright woman, although I just finished murdering your husband, I will keep my promise of sparing your life if you just stand aside." He hissed.




"No, not Harry,.. please not Harry." She begged with a shake of her head.



"I am asking you again to stand aside woman and you will not be harmed." Voldemort repeated.




"No, not Harry,.. please not Harry. Take me. Kill me instead." Lily pleaded and suddenly Voldemort was losing his patience.





"STAND ASIDE!!!" He hollered angrily at her on the top of his lungs and when she refused to move for the third time it felt like watching the result in slow motion to Severus.






"AVADA KEDAVRA!!!" Voldemort shrieked and with a wave of his wand he performed the killing curse on her. Tears poured down Severus' cheeks as he watched her fall down dead in front of him and then he quickly turned to look over at Voldemort who was heading closer towards Harry who was standing up inside his crib and starting to cry.





Severus quickly removed his invisibility cloak. Even though he wasn't able to protect Lily, he swore to himself that he would protect her son. Voldemort pointed his wand at Harry just as Severus was sneaking up on him from behind.





"Avada Kedavra!!" He cried but that's when suddenly something went wrong. A green light flashed in front of Harry's eyes and suddenly the spell backfired causing Voldemort to lose his powers and his body at exactly the same time. There was a sudden great explosion up through the roof and now in the center of Harry's forehead was a lightning bolt shaped scar.





Once that Severus knew that Harry was alright he quickly hurried over to Lily's body and scooped her up inside his arms and embraced her tightly while starting to sob. However, that's when suddenly to his complete and utter astonishment she slowly began to open her eyelids and wake up.




Severus didn't know how both Harry and Lily managed to survive, but he wasn't going to stop and ask questions. His tears of sorrow suddenly changed into tears of joy that Lily was still alive. Then he turned his head back over to look at Harry.




How long would that last though? He already knew that Voldemort would find a way to come back as he always did. That's when suddenly Severus silently vowed to protect them both. Harry Potter wasn't even two years old yet but he had just become the most famous wizard in history. For he was the boy who survived the killing curse. For he was the boy who lived.
To be continued...
Just A Child by Lily Snape 2020
Lily suddenly raised to her feet as she went over to Harry's crib and gently lifted him out of it and kissing his forehead she brought him to her hip and then a few moments later adjusted her grip on him.




"Lily it isn't safe for you here anymore. Neither is it safe for your son. You should come back with me to Hogwarts. I got a room that you both can stay in and where you'll be protected. There isn't anywhere else safer." Severus told her while pulling himself to his feet.






"I really hate to admit it but when you're right you're right." She began before handing Harry over to him. "Can you hold him for a second? I need to start packing." She told him as Severus simply just looked at her as he hadn't had much experience with babies.






"Uh Lily I__" He began but it was already too late as Lily quickly left the nursery and ran downstairs to get her wand. As soon as his mother left him Harry looked up at Severus with curiosity.





"Da." He said as he reached his tiny little hands up towards him.





"No. I am not your father." Severus began with a shake of his head. "I'm not even close. I'm a professor at a school. A magical school. Your father is dead." He told him as if he expected the toddler to understand him but he just continued looking at him and then all of a sudden he scrunched up his face and started making grunting noises.





"Don't even think about it." Severus told him but it was already too late as Harry left Severus a gift for him in his diaper. Severus looked around and rolled his eyes. "Lily!!" He called and that's when suddenly she came back upstairs and opened the door and reappeared.






"I do believe that your son needs changed." He told her and the tone of his voice definitely wasn't pleasant.







"Oops, I'm sorry Severus, I'll go ahead and take him for you." Lily told him and as soon as she removed him from his arms he started to cry and fuss. "It's alright Harry, Mummy's going to put a fresh nappy on you." She reassured him soothingly before planting a kiss on his cheek and then carried him over to the changing table and laid him down.







Severus watched with interest and he actually paid attention to what she was doing so he would know what to do for the future. After Lily was finished changing him, Severus slowly started walking back over to them.






"So, how do you figure that you both survived?" He wondered.





"I'm not sure, I'm just glad that Harry's okay." Lily told him while she lifted Harry back inside her arms and placed him back up by her hip.






"I'm just glad that you're both alright." Severus told him but Lily just raised a questioning eyebrow at him.






"Really?? You are?? Even though that Harry is the son of James Potter??" She asked him.





"Yes,.. but he is also your son and he has your eyes. Then again he'll probably turn into an arrogant bastard like his father." He said.





"Oh yeah Severus, it sure looks that way alright. The next thing you know he'll probably be purposely leaving you poopy nappies and throwing his food at you." Lily said sarcastically.





"Don't be ridiculous, that's just what babies do." He began. "Or what they CAN do anyways." He clarified.






"I'm sorry what was that? What did you just call him?" Lily questioned him while using her other free hand to cup it behind her right ear.





"A baby. Since that's what he is isn't he?" Severus questioned him back.





"Exactly." Lily began before she handed Harry back over to him and grabbed her things and started heading towards the door. Severus heaved a heavy sigh and rolled his eyes.






"Yeah I get it. I shouldn't be angry with you for what your father used to do to me. You still have his genes though and you look exactly like him so what on earth am I supposed to do with you?" He questioned more to himself than to Harry who gave a rather sleepy yawn and started rubbing his eyes.






"Ah. I see you're tired. That's right you're a small toddler and you need your rest. So best off putting you to bed then." He said as Harry closed his eyes and rested his head upon his shoulder and started drifting off to sleep.






Severus just simply looked at him for a few moments and then rolled his eyes again. "Do I look like a bed to you Harry?" He inquired but Harry was already out like a light. "Well just so you know, you can try and butter me up all you want to but it isn't going to work on me. I am much too strong for that." He said.






"I am only offering to look after you for Lily's sake not yours or my own." He told him while he started carrying him out of the room and down the stairs. As soon as they got downstairs Harry instantly started twitching and rapidly moving just as if he was having a seizure and started to cry.






Lily suddenly grew a worried expression on her face. "What's wrong with him!?" she cried.






"I,.. I don't know." Severus said a bit anxiously.






"I've never seen him act like this before!" she exclaimed over her son's frantic shrieking.







"Me neither." Severus began. "I mean I've never seen any child act like this before." He told her. "Lily, take my hand,.. NOW!!" He instructed her and without hesitation Lily grabbed it and they instantly disapparated and reappeared right inside Severus' room.





Once they appeared, Harry stopped crying and Lily turned to look at Severus with a rather confused look on her face. "I thought that you couldn't apparate and disapparate within the Hogwarts walls?" She said questioningly.







"Yes, that's true. Normally you can't. However, being a professor has its advantages." He explained as Harry slowly glanced up at him and Severus looked back down at him. "You're safe now little one. Don't worry. I won't let anything happen to you or your mother. I promise." He assured him and Harry looked at him for a few more moments and blinked his bright green eyes up at him.






Then that's when suddenly he did something totally unexpected. He touched his fingers to his chin and then brought his hand out in front of him almost as if he was blowing him a kiss. Severus quickly glanced over at Lily for the translation.





"He's saying thank you. He's using baby sign language." She explained while smiling warmly at him.





"Well, how do you say you're welcome then?" He wondered.





"You do exactly the same thing that he just did." She told him.




"Really? That's rather strange doing the same sign for both but,.." he began before making the sign back at Harry and actually smiling at him for the first time. Harry instantly laid his head back down on top of his shoulder and closed his eyes and Severus glanced over at him.





"He's,.. just like any other child." He suddenly realized.






"Exactly." Lily began. "Which is why he needs his sleep and I best be putting him to bed now." She told him while gathering her son back inside her arms.






"Alright, come with me. I'll show you where you and Harry will be sleeping." He told her while leading them over towards a door that was a connecting room and opened it.






"Thank you Severus, for everything." Lily told him as he watched her head inside and laid Harry down on top of the bed. He tried to tell her that it wasn't any trouble but suddenly he felt mesmerized in the moment as baby Harry started sucking his thumb. He quickly shut the door.





He had to remind himself who Harry was and just exactly WHAT he was. He was a living and constant reminder of the fact that he wasn't his child. He was the child of another man and for that reason alone,.. Severus silently vowed to himself right then and there that no matter what happened,.. he wouldn't ever allow himself to get attached to him.
To be continued...
Surprising News by Lily Snape 2020
Author's Notes:
Thanks guys for all of your views and support! I apologize for the delay in updating but I've been quite busy lately with things on another Harry Potter website. (Hogwarts Extreme or Hex for short.) Anyways, I really hope that you enjoy the next chapter! :D
The next morning Harry managed to escape from his crib and he found Severus fast asleep on top of the couch as he toddled out into the living room. The small child pointed over at him and then woke him up with an excited screech. This startled Severus so much that he leapt up into the air and then fell onto the floor. Harry giggled as this occurred and then Severus quickly rose to his feet and scooped him up inside his arms.







“Harry, how on earth did you get in here? Where’s your mother?” He questioned him. The next thing he knew Harry was touching his chin with his thumb again and spreading all the rest of his tiny fingers out in front of him and then he ran one of his hands down his face. “Alright I have absolutely no idea what any of that means and I think it’s about time to teach you how to speak so we can start to communicate with each other as I do believe that you’re more than capable of learning how to do that.









“Ick ba!” Harry exclaimed while he pointed at his face and Severus simply just rolled his eyes.






“I meant in English.” He told him. “Harry, I’m Severus,.. Severus Snape.” He said.






“Boo-bah.” Harry replied with a wide grin.






“No,.. try again. I’m__ oh forget it. Just call me either professor or Snape.” Severus told him as Harry simply just grinned at him.





“Hullo Snappy.” He said happily before Severus just simply heaved a heavy sigh.






“Close enough.” He said before he started wrinkling his nose. “Oh no,.. Harry now is not the time to do this. I have to get ready for work.” He told him before he heaved another heavy sigh and laid Harry down on top of the couch before slowly rising to his feet again. “Where does your mum keep the diapers at!?” He cried as he started searching the room frantically for them and then finally found them in the corner of the room by the door and breathed a sigh of relief.









Severus was sure that he knew what to do after watching Lily change him and started unbuttoning his bottoms. “I swear, it smells like a mountain troll died in here.” He said while Harry just simply grinned up at him. “Well at least one of us is getting a really big kick out of this.” He told him and once he successfully removed his diaper Harry decided to start decorating the ceiling.






“Ah shit!” Severus cried as he quickly grabbed a clean diaper and placed it over the yellow waterworks so it would hit the bottom of it instead. “Why did you have to be a boy instead of a girl?” He wondered and eventually he finally managed to clean his bottom, and put a fresh diaper onto it, before he started buttoning him back up.






“There, now I imagine that you’re going to want your bottle,.. but is there anything else that you eat for breakfast?” Severus questioned him as he nodded. “Mind telling me what that would be then?” He asked him.





“Cewall.” Harry replied but Severus just raised a questioning eyebrow at him.






“Come again?” He questioned.




“Cewall.” Harry repeated before he stuck out his index finger and made a sign that looked like an inchworm crawling along the ground.







Severus heaved another and then gathered Harry up inside his arms and placed him by his hip before adjusting his grip a bit. “I have an idea, how about you point out to me what you want and then I’ll get it for you?” He suggested. “Sound good buddy?” He questioned him as Harry replied silently with a nod. “Okay good, now we’re in business.” He said while carrying Harry into the kitchen and he opened one of the cupboards. “Do you see anything that you like in here Harry?” He wondered and Harry nodded again and pointed up at a great big yellow box.





“Cewall.” Harry repeated for a third time and that’s when suddenly Severus glanced up to see the Cheerios box.






“Oh,.. now I understand. You were trying to say cereal.” He said as he got the box down with his free hand. “This is what you wanted right? The cereal?” He questioned him since he just wanted to make sure that he had heard him correctly.

“Yes.” Harry replied with a nod as he tried to reach out with his tiny hands and grabbed the box.






“Okay well I’m guessing that you’re still on breastmilk that you don’t have regular cow or unicorn milk with this yet and you probably eat it dry.” Severus realized while he started carrying Harry over to the table and then sat him down inside his highchair. “So I’m going to go ahead and pour this in a bowl for you, and then you can start eating while I heat your bottle up alright?” He questioned as he began to pour the Cheerios into a bowl for Harry.








As Harry started eating the Cheerios with his fingers and Severus started heating up his bottle that’s when suddenly Lily woke up and went into the bathroom and closed the door behind her. She had felt sick to her stomach and was starting to vomit. “Uh oh, that sounds like your mother.” Severus said and he tested the temperature of Harry’s bottle before he gave it to him. “Here you go, I have to go check on your mother.” He told him and Harry tilted the nipple back to his lips and started drinking his milk when suddenly the toilet flushed and Lily came out of the bathroom.






“Are you alright Lily?” Severus questioned her anxiously with concern.






“Don’t worry Severus, I could have never been better. Oh yeah, and I recently found out not too long ago that Harry’s going to be a big brother.” She told him with a grin.
To be continued...
The Little Visitor by Lily Snape 2020
Author's Notes:
Hey guys, I just wanted to say thanks again for your reviews and your continued support, and to my one reviewer who mentioned the fact that Lily had no reaction to the death of James,.. he will be mentioned in Chapter six. You're right a lot was just going on and I just didn't know where to add that in before. :/
Chapter Four: The Little Visitor




Severus just simply looked at her completely dumbfounded. “You mean that you’re pregnant?” He questioned her with uncertainty.








“Yes Severus I am.” She began with a nod. “Why? Is that a problem?” She questioned him back.






“No.” Severus lied. “It’s just that you surprised me,.. that’s all.” He told her. The truth was in fact that he had just been starting to get used to Harry. Now he realized that the love of his life would be having another baby that didn’t belong to him.






That’s when suddenly Lily started smiling warmly at her son while she slowly walked over to him. “Guess what sweetheart? Mummy has a baby growing inside of her tummy. That means that you’re going to be a big brother.” She told him excitedly.







However, Harry currently seemed more interested in his bottle than in the news and Severus couldn’t help but chuckle. “He seems really rather impressed.” He said sarcastically while walking over to them. “Listen, I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I must be going. I have a class to instruct.” He explained.




“Okay.” Lily began as she continued watching Harry and then she scooped him up and hoisted him up inside her arms and placed him by her hip. “Harry, Severus is going bye-bye’s for now. Can you tell him goodbye?” She questioned him as Harry nodded and finished his drink of milk and then slowly pulled the bottle away from his lips and started rapidly waving his free hand up and down.






“Buh-bye Snappy, buh-bye.” He said and Severus couldn’t help but bring a smile to his lips. Lily smiled as well and gently kissed the top of Harry’s head.






“Alright, well I’ll see you later buddy.” Severus told him before ruffling his hair and then turned around and walked out the door.



……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….






“Alright Harry, let’s get you all cleaned up and get your nappy changed and then get you ready for your nap okay?” Lily inquired before wiping up his mouth with his tiny blue bib and then removed him from his highchair and started carrying him into the kitchen to wash his tiny little hands clean.






Meanwhile, Severus,.. or as he was currently addressed as Professor Snape, was busy teaching a Potions lesson to the fourth year Gryffindors and Slytherins. “Now,.. can anybody tell me what the effects of a shrinking solution are known as?” He questioned and as no hands shot into the air he simply just heaved a sigh. “Anyone?” He repeated and that’s when suddenly he looked over at a blonde haired Slytherin boy who currently looked like he was inside his own little world.






“Mister Matthews, perhaps you can tell the class what the effects of a shrinking solution are.” He said.




“It shrinks things?” He questioned him in a tone that sounded rather rude to Snape.




“Yes,.. but there is more to it, and if you shall find that attitude to carry on any further then I will have absolutely no choice to put you in detention. And I strongly dislike removing any points from my own house, but ten points from Slytherin.” He told him before he turned around and went to the chalkboard and started to write upon it.







Back at the place where Severus was staying at, (and now allowing Harry and Lily to stay there with him as well) after Lily finished setting Harry down for a nap,.. she decided to take one as well. However, about twenty minutes later Harry decided that he wasn’t really all that tired and managed to once again escape his crib and wander out into the living room where the wind had blown the front door open a crack. Harry pushed the front door open and then he raced out into the hallway, and as soon as he reached the stairs he started crawling down them since he didn’t know how to go down them standing up yet.





“Now the effects of a shrinking solution won’t always necessarily shrink the drinker down to size, for it also can make the drinker younger. Which is why it is nicknamed the fountain of youth.” Snape explained while Harry pushed open the door and walked into the room. There were sudden gasps and whispers and a few of the girls giggled.






Completely unaware of the fact that Harry was in the room he abruptly spun around and crossed his arms angrily and narrowed his eyebrows. “Alright,.. so you find something in this room amusing do you? Well go ahead and share with the rest of the class. I like a joke as much as the next person.” He told them which nobody in class actually believed.







That’s when suddenly as Harry was running around the room, he tripped, and he fell right on top of his bottom and started to cry. Severus quickly turned his head over to look at him and simply just rolled his eyes. “For heaven’s sake child how did you even get down here on your own?” He questioned as Harry started crying harder and he quickly rushed over to him and scooped him up inside his arms.






“There, there, it’s alright.” He said while gently bouncing him up and down by his hip and rocking him inside his arms to try and soothe him and calm him.






“Aww,.. he’s so cute!” One of the Gryffindor exclaimed as Harry finally started to calm down but tears were still silently rolling down his cheeks.


That’s when suddenly a Slytherin girl with long dark black hair all pulled up into a ponytail and blackish brownish eyes noticed the scar on Harry’s forehead. “That’s Harry Potter isn’t it?” She questioned him with uncertainty and Snape quickly glanced over at her quite fearful that Harry’s secret location had been leaked out. “What’s he doing at Hogwarts?” She wondered.







Severus fearing for both Lily’s and Harry safety on whether or not this girl (although highly unlikely) was a death eater and a spy for Voldemort started backing up towards the classroom door. “That is none of your concern!” He snapped at her quickly before he vanished from the room and escaped out into the hallway.
To be continued...
Something Different by Lily Snape 2020
Harry started crying harder once they were out in the hallway. “Shh,.. it’s alright.” Severus whispered reassuringly while soothingly rubbing his back. “I didn’t mean to yell and frighten you. You’re not the one that I’m angry with. Come on, let’s get you back to your mother.” He told him as he started making his way back to their room and Harry started calming down once again. Once they had made it back to the room Severus noticed that Harry had made a mess inside his diaper again and just simply heaved a sigh.







“Alright, let’s get you cleaned up.” Severus told him while shutting the door with his free hand, and carrying Harry over towards the couch with the other. That’s when Harry started fussing again. “My oh my you’re a major fussbudget today.” He said as he started unbuttoning his pants and then unzipping them. “You’re only going to feel worse if you don’t allow me to clean you up though.” He pointed out while taking off his pants and then starting to remove his diaper.







That’s when suddenly Lily came out of the bedroom. “Severus what are you doing here? I thought you had to teach your class.” She said.





“I did, but in some way or another Harry decided that he wanted to come to class as well.” Severus replied while he removed Harry’s diaper and then threw it away before starting to wipe his bottom with a baby wipe.





“He did!? Oh my gosh is he alright!?” Lily exclaimed anxiously.






“He’s fine.” Severus began. “But unfortunately, it wouldn’t surprise me a bit that pretty soon the whole entire school will know that Harry Potter is here.” He told her while he finished wiping Harry and then tossed the wipe away before grabbing a fresh diaper and started diapering him up again.





“So why is that a problem?” Lily questioned him.






“If news went further than these walls then the dark lord could find you and your son.” He pointed out. “And if that happened,.. well,.. I would never be able to forgive myself.” He admitted and once he finished changing Harry he passed him back over to Lily. “Here go ahead and take him. I must get back to teaching my class.” He told her and with that he quickly turned and went out the door.


…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….




As Severus reentered the room he shut and locked the door with his wand and folded his arms while he turned to face the class. “Alright,.. now,.. from this point on we won’t discuss Harry Potter. For the reason why he’s at this school right now doesn’t concern any of you.







You will not speak his name in this classroom or tell any of your other friends that you saw him. For if you do I will find out,.. and I won’t be afraid to hand out to detentions to any of you. You might even face suspension or expulsion. Do I make myself clear?” He questioned his class who suddenly went silent except for a few gulps while everybody continued staring up at him. “Good.” He said after a few moment’s of silence had passed and then he turned to continue writing upon the chalkboard.






A little while later the bell rang. “Don’t forget to collect your ingredients for the Shrinking Solution for your homework and that your essay is due at the end of the week.” Professor Snape reminded his class before he turned to go back over to his desk and sat down and started beginning to grade papers.







Suddenly a girl with long black hair tied up into a ponytail, dark eyes, (a combination of black and brown) tanned skin and wearing Slytherin robes slowly approached his desk. Snape slowly glanced up at the girl with an irritated expression on his face. “May I help you?” He questioned her reluctantly.






“I don’t think so but I still wanted to talk to you anyways.” She replied.






“Well then go ahead and get it over with. Otherwise you’ll be late to your next class.” He told her.




“First of all I just wanted to apologize over what happened.” She began but he just simply raised a questioning eyebrow at her.




“Why in the world are you apologizing for? As far as I know you weren’t even involved Miss Wilde.” He said.





“I know, but it still must be a pain for you. Obviously whatever reason Harry’s at this school has to do with his protection and that should automatically be assumed.” She said as he just simply looked at her. “Anyways, this is for you. I should have given it to you a long time ago.” She continued on after he hadn’t responded and handed a white envelope over to him before hurrying out of the room.








A sudden and overwhelming sense of curiosity suddenly filled him. However he knew that he didn’t have any time to look at the letter at the moment since he still had an awful lot of papers to grade before his next class would arrive. As he went back to grading papers he realized that although his students usually irritated the heck out of him, this time it was different. He couldn’t put his finger on what exactly about this girl that was different,.. but he still knew deep down inside that there was.


…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..



Later on that evening Severus returned to his room where Harry was playing with his everlasting bubbles. “Bobbles!” He exclaimed while he waved them around and Severus couldn’t help but smile at him. That’s when suddenly he bent over and picked him up and placed him to his hip. “Were you a good boy today?” He questioned him. Harry just simply and silently nodded at him before grinning back at him.







“Good. Maybe after dinner your mother can give you a bath and then I will read you a bedtime story if you want. I don’t actually have a good voice for reading stories, but I do believe that I can make an exception since you’ve earned it.” He told him before smiling at him and then planting a kiss on his cheek and slowly setting him down in his highchair afterwards and then started working on supper.
To be continued...
Last Minute Requests by Lily Snape 2020
Author's Notes:
Here, in this chapter it finally talks about James. (I'm especially pointing that out to my one reviewer.)
The next morning Harry sat upon Severus’ lap while drinking his bottle as he also had a plate of cereal out in front of him. “Is that good Harry?” He questioned him while smiling rather warmly down at him. “You know what? It turns out that I’m not the last member of my family after all. I’m an uncle and I have a half-sister named Claire and a niece named Stephanie.” He told him while recalling the letter that his student had given him the previous night.







Harry just simply glanced up at him while continuing to suck on his bottle. “You don’t seem all that impressed.” Severus began as Harry finally sat his bottle back down on top of the table. “Well, I don’t blame you. The fact that you’re going to be a big brother is probably a lot more exciting than that.” He said.






“Mm ba!” Harry exclaimed as Severus smiled warmly at him and then gently kissed the top of his head while he started picking up the cereal pieces and eating them. Then Harry made somewhat of a grunt and a questioning noise while holding out one of his pieces in front of his face and offering it to him.


“Is that for me? Why thank you Mister Potter.” He replied with a grinned and leaned forward and opened his mouth allowing Harry to feed him before kissing his head again. That’s when suddenly Lily came out of the bathroom and walked down the hallway. She stopped and smiled at Severus and Harry.





“Good morning.” She began while he smiled back at her.





“Good morning.” He replied with a grin as Harry continued eating his breakfast. “So, how did you sleep?” He questioned her and that’s when suddenly her smile faded and a sorrowful expression appeared on her face.





“Not so well. I had another dream about James.” She told him as the joyful expression on his face suddenly vanished as well.





“Ah,.. I see.” He said and at the moment that she had mentioned James Harry started looking around the room since he had forgotten that his father hadn’t been with him for quite some time now.






“Dada?” He questioned with uncertainty as Lily heaved a sad sigh.






“No Harry, remember what I told you before? Your dada isn’t with us anymore. He went to Heaven.” She reminded him while glancing up at the ceiling before back at Severus and Harry. “Speaking of James, I was wondering if you could do me a huge favor.” Lily began.






“Well I guess that would all have to depend on what it is.” Severus replied.





“Well,.. I’ve finally finished making the funeral arrangements and I was wondering if you could watch him for a few days while I go visit my other family and friends.” She said.






“The only so-called family of yours that I’m aware of that you have is that silly muggle sister of yours and her brainless husband.” He said while Harry swallowed his food and then started blowing raspberries. “See? Even Harry knows that he’s an asshole.” He pointed out.






“Severus please, I beg of you to watch your mouth in front of Harry. I really don’t want him growing up and thinking that that sort of language is alright.” Lily said.







“Just wait until he’s a teenager. He’ll be talking like that anyways. Especially around his friends.” Severus pointed out as Harry went back to eating. “Anyways, I suppose I could watch him, but I think that it should be rather obvious by now that I don’t have much experience with babies.” He told her while Harry finished up the rest of his cereal and started drinking out of his bottle again.



“Well you could have fooled me as I’ve watched you with Harry and you really are good with him.” She told him. “Oh and by the way, Petunia isn’t all that bad. We’re still on speaking terms we just haven’t ever really been close.







When it was discovered that I was a witch it just made things worse between us, but you can blame that all on jealousy. I just hope that the new baby will be a witch or wizard or they might have the exact same relationship with Harry and I really don’t want that for my kids as I really want things to be much better for them.” She said. “I really want what’s best for them.” She added.







“I know you do.” Severus began. “As that’s always been apparent from day one. And believe it or not so do I.” He told her. “It’s also really rather apparent that Harry’s in fact a wizard. Not only from the prophecy, but I honestly don’t think that he would have survived the killing curse if he was a squib.” He pointed out.





“Oh yeah, Harry’s a wizard alright.” Lily began when suddenly Harry scrunched up his face and grunted and started making pooping noises. “Then again, he’s also just like any other baby as well. I’ll change him since you’ve already done so much for him already.” She said as suddenly Harry finished his bottle and then sat it back down on top of the table while Lily started walking over towards him.








“Come on Harry, Mumma is going to get you all cleaned up and put a fresh nappy on you.” She said as she hoisted him up inside her arms right when he started to cry. “Shh,.. it’s alright baby boy. I got you.” She reassured him soothingly before planting a kiss on his cheek and then carrying him over to the couch to change him.







Later on, that afternoon right before lunch Severus knocked on the headmaster’s door. A few moments later Albus Dumbledore answered it. “Ah hello there Severus, may I help you with something?” He inquired.






“Yes,..” Severus began. “I was wondering if you could possibly watch Harry tomorrow evening. I have finally decided to ask his mother out.” He finished.
To be continued...
A Night Into Town by Lily Snape 2020
Author's Notes:
Sorry for the delay guys, here's the next chapter!
“Ah I see, so you’re saying that you have finally gathered enough courage to ask Lily out on a date.” Dumbledore replied with a nod. “Well I gather that that means that your love for her is still the same then.” He said.





“Yes,.. always.” Severus replied.





“So where are you planning on taking her?” Dumbledore inquired.



“The Three Broomsticks. That was always her favorite place to go our time here at Hogwarts. Of course that’s where she always went with him, but I figured that it would help her to take a happy trip down memory lane,.. instead of a sorrowful one since she is currently mourning the loss of her husband.” He told him.







“I see.” Dumbledore began with another nod. “Well I would be delighted to watch Harry for you. Perhaps that Hagrid could also assist me as he just got a new puppy and I think that Harry and Fang could possibly make very good companions.” He said.






“Well as long as Fang is rather well trained then I’m sure that Harry would love him.” Severus told him.





“Well anyways, what time should I come over and get him by?” Dumbledore wondered.



“How about sometime between five and five thirty?” Severus questioned him back. “That way Harry will already be awake from his nap and just before he eats supper.” He told him as Dumbledore nodded for a third time.






“Sounds good to me.” He replied. “Well see you then and you best go to lunch as I bet that you’re hungry and Harry and Lily are probably waiting for you.” He said.






“Yes,.. I imagine that you’re probably right.” Severus told him before he quickly turned around and hurried away.


…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..




“Alright Harry you’re having one of your favorite foods tonight.” Lily began. “Do you know what that is?” She questioned him as Harry grinned.



“Chicken.” He replied as Severus smiled at him.





“That’s right!” Lily exclaimed excitedly. “You’re such a smart boy. Just wait until Rubeus and Albus meet you they’re going to be amazed at how smart you are.” She told him.









“Hopefully that’s a sign that he’ll be a really good student and wizard someday.” Severus said while Harry started drinking his bottle as Lily got his chicken nuggets ready for him. “Even though I don’t expect you to understand me there’s something I have to tell you.”








He began while looking over at Harry. “Your mother was right. I shouldn’t have misjudged you as badly as I did. You aren’t anything like your father was. I’m sorry Harry.” He apologized. “That just goes to show that grownups make mistakes too.” He told him while Harry just continued drinking his bottle. “You’re a good boy.” He said as he walked over to him and patted his head and then ruffled his hair.







That’s when suddenly there was a knock at the door and Severus went to go answer it. “There has been a change of plans. I have come to take Harry over to Hagrid’s hut. He is going to be spending the night with him due to the fact that his puppy still isn’t house trained.” He explained.







“I don’t know. As far as I know the child hasn’t spent a night away from his mother before.” Severus replied.







“Ah I see.” Dumbledore began with a nod. “You have formed an attachment with the child and you’re worried that he’ll get upset.” He said but Severus just simply raised a questioning eyebrow at him. “No,.. I’m just afraid that it’ll be rather difficult on his mother.” He told him.







As Lily finished making Harry’s lunch, she set his plate on top of this tray. “Can you say denial Harry?” She whispered and it was Dumbledore’s turn to raise an eyebrow as he didn’t seem to be buying this either.






“Well I am pretty sure that Harry will be alright as Hagrid will keep him rather busy.” Dumbledore told him.





“I’ll go pack a baby bag for him.” Lily said before she turned around and started down the hallway towards the nursery.



………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….



“Are you sure that you wouldn’t like to have a firewhisky?” Severus questioned.





“No thanks I prefer butterbeer as no offense or anything, but I have absolutely no idea why somebody would want to burn out their insides.” She replied before taking a sip of her butterbeer as Severus chuckled and then took a sip of his whisky. Then he slowly turned his head away from her and Lily could automatically sense that something was wrong. “What is it?” She questioned him while she leaned forward and placed her hand down on top of his.






“I lied. I hate liars,.. but yet I still lied straight to Dumbledore’s face when I told him that I wasn’t starting to get attached to Harry.” He confessed.





“That’s alright, I knew you did.” Lily admitted. “Why did you do it though?” She asked him.

“Probably because he would never let me hear the end of it if I admitted the truth.” He began. “Since we’re currently on the matter, I should also tell you the truth that I never meant to hurt you or our friendship. I’ve lived every day of my life with that regret. I don’t know what I would have done if I would have lost you. The truth is that both you and Harry mean everything to me.” He admitted while looking at her through his teary eyes.






“I know and I’m starting to think that you’re not the only one who messed up Severus. I might of misjudged you just as much as you misjudged Harry.” She told him. “So I was sort of thinking that if it was possible,.. that you and I could start over.” She suggested as he just simply smiled at her.






“I thought that you would never ask.” He told her as she smiled back at him and suddenly their meals had arrived, and they started to eat.
To be continued...
Mister Mum by Lily Snape 2020
Just a quick note: Although I do believe that in canon Fang was born in 1984, I thought that it would be really cute if he and Harry were companions.






The next morning after Lily left to go back home, Severus ventured down to Hagrid’s cabin. Harry was playing outside with his everlasting bubbles while Fang frolicked around him and started licking his face, wagging his tail, and making Harry burst into a fit of giggles. Severus smiled warmly and lovingly at him.







“Ah hello there Professor, I’m sorry but I didn’t see you there.” Hagrid apologized as he quickly got to his feet. “I take it that Lily has left then already.” He said.






“Yes and I have come to bring Harry back to my place for the weekend.” Severus explained.







“You would be really wise to do that.” Hagrid began with a nod. “I’m sure he’ll like seeing the Qudditch game later this afternoon and not only that, but tonight The Great Hall is going to be filled with a crowd full of screaming witches.” He told him but Severus just simply raised a questioning eyebrow at this. Seeing the confused look on Severus’ face, Hagrid continued on.






“Blimey, you mean that nobody has told you that it’ll be The Dragons’ first performance?” He inquired.






“Well just who or what exactly are The Dragons?” Severus wondered.



“They’re a new singing group. Aaron Parker and a few of his friends recently formed them. From what I hear now your niece is trying to throw together her own singing group.” Hagrid replied while Severus walked over to Harry and then bent over to pick him up.






“That’s utterly ridiculous.” He began. “Hogwarts is a school and a place of learning. Not a stadium.” He told him.






“Well if you want to get technical it’s not really a daycare center either, but I know that you’re only keeping Harry here to keep him safe.” Hagrid pointed out. That’s when suddenly as if on cue as soon as his name was mentioned, Harry started to fuss. “Aww,.. what’s the matter with the little tyke?” Hagrid questioned him.






“He’s wet.” Severus began. “Do you mind if I go inside for a moment to change him?” Severus questioned him back.




“No, not at all.” Hagrid replied while Severus started carrying him back inside.







“Alright buddy, it’s going to just be you and me for the next few days. Your mummy had some business to take care of.” He explained while lying Harry on top of the couch and started to unbutton his pants and hush him to soothe his crying.



…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………




Later on that afternoon for lunch, Severus decided to take Harry into Hogsmeade. “You should consider yourself lucky Harry.” He began to the small child who was currently riding inside his stroller and sucking on his dummy. (Pacifier) “Not too many witches and wizards get to come here until they’re thirteen.” He told him.






That’s when suddenly they passed a group of Gryffindor girls. Severus rolled his eyes because he already knew what was going to happen. “Oh my goodness! That’s Harry Potter!” One of the girls exclaimed. “He’s so cute!” Another witch cried.






“Wait a minute guys, we’re not supposed to talk about him remember?” One of the Gryffindor girls with auburn hair, light brown eyes, and freckles on both of her cheeks spoke up.







“Yes,.. Miss Clarke is in fact correct. Five points to her, but ten from all the rest of you. If I hear another word out of either of you then I won’t hesitate in throwing you in detention.” Severus said and that’s when all of a sudden Stephanie started running towards her.






“Ah, hullo there Stevie.” She began with a grin.



“Hey Carly, I know that you’re saving your money towards getting a new broomstick so I figured that we could share.” Stevie told her but Severus just simply looked at his niece questioningly.






“Thanks Stevie.” Carly replied while continuing to grin at her. “It isn’t any wonder why you’re my best friend.” She said.





“Stevie??” Severus inquired while raising an eyebrow at her.





“Yeah, it’s my nickname and the name that I prefer to be called. Just like I call Carly Cece.” She explained.






“That’s because my full name is Carla Charlotte Clarke.” She told him.






“Ah I see.” Severus began. “Well try telling that to somebody who cares.” He finished before continuing to push Harry’s stroller towards The Hog’s Head.



……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….



Severus finished removing Harry’s clothes and he carried him inside the bathroom where a bathtub full of water and foamy bubbles was waiting for him. Hagrid was indeed correct that he had loved the Qudditch game earlier and now he was about to do the second most thing in the whole wide world that he enjoyed. “Bath!” Harry squealed in excitement while pointing over at it. Severus chuckled as he shut the door.







“That’s right Harry, Bath time.” He told him while setting him down inside the tub. Then he withdrew his wand and levitated all of his bath toys into the tub beside him. “First Snappy has to wash you though.” He told him while he sat on the toilet and then leaned over towards the tub as he poured a cup of water over the top of Harry’s head.



He made sure to place his hand in front of his face when it came to scrubbing his head with soap and then rinsing it again. Once Severus finished washing and scrubbing his body, he let Harry play in the water for a few minutes. His favorite toy was his blue rubber ducky that swam and quacked like a real duck.






Eventually it was time for Severus to pull the plug and get him out of the tub. “Say bye-bye water.” Severus instructed while he wrapped him up in a towel and started to rub him dry.





“Buh-bye!” Harry exclaimed with a wave as Severus smiled at him and then kissed his cheek before he started diapering him up again and put his pajamas on. Harry drank his bottle while he sat upon Severus’ lap while he read to him a wonderful story called “Stormy The Sea Dragon.”






It was one of Harry’s favorites because the little boy in the story was named Harry as well and he had found Stormy as an egg and raised him since he was an orphan. As time grew on Stormy was starting to get way too big for his fishbowl, aquarium, and bathtub so that’s when Harry knew he had to release him back into the wild. However, he had promised him with a tearful goodbye that he would be back to visit Stormy and he kept his promise even when he became a man and had his own children and eventual grandchildren.




By the end of the story Harry was fast asleep on his lap. That’s when suddenly Severus was reminded of how quickly Harry was growing up. Pretty soon it would be Christmas and then he would be nearing a year and a half, and pretty soon after that he would be two years old and would finally find out what it would mean for him to become a big brother. Severus decided right then and there that he would be there for all of it and even more.






“I love you Harry.” He whispered softly while smiling warmly down at him. “And I promise you that I will always be there for you and protect you with my life.” He told him while setting his bottle down upon his nightstand and then he slowly stood up and placed him up at his shoulder as he carried him over to his crib. Harry laid his head down on top of it and Severus softly kissed it before laying him down inside the crib and covering him up with his blanket. After that he quietly shut off the light and left the room.
To be continued...
Two Is Better Than One by Lily Snape 2020
Author's Notes:
Thanks for all of your great reviews, constructive criticism and feedback! Here's the next chapter!! :D
Well, before he knew it Severus was celebrating his first Christmas with Lily and Harry. Harry got tons of sweets to eat along with tons of toys and games to play with. His new favorite toy was a dragon that he could ride on and it even flew a bit higher than his toy broomstick. He also loved his pretend chocolate frogs that if saying the proper incantation (Animaranae) you could magically turn into a game of leapfrog.






The months flew by and Easter came and went and then it was time for summer vacation and Severus took Lily and Harry back to his house for the summer. Lily had her baby shower, but she decided to keep the gender of her new baby a surprise. (Mostly because Harry was way too young and didn’t know how to keep secrets yet.)







Then it was finally the day of Harry’s second birthday. That morning while Harry was still asleep Lily went to the store to start getting everything ready for his party. “Snappy I’m awake!!” Harry cried from his crib in which Severus could hear through the baby monitor.

Just then suddenly Severus opened the door and entered his nursery with a wide grin on his face. “Well, well, well,..” he began. “if it isn’t the birthday boy himself. Guess what?” He questioned him.





“What?” Harry questioned him back.





“Your mother and I have been talking it over and we have both decided that since you’re a big boy now that it’s about time that you had your very own bed.” He told him as Harry let out a rather loud and astonished gasp and widened his eyes while his mouth fell wide open. “So you and I are going to take the Knight bus into town since your mother currently has the car and then we’ll grab a bite to eat and then get you a bed.” He explained while he bent over and then hoisted Harry up inside his arms.







That’s when he suddenly wrinkled his nose and sniffed the air. “Then next on the agenda will be to get you potty trained.” He said as he carried him over to the changing table to change him.




……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..




Harry was fast asleep taking his nap while Lily started decorating the house best to her ability since she was fully nine months pregnant now. “Do you need any help?” Severus questioned her.






“No, that’s alright, I got it Severus,.. but thank you very much.” She explained when suddenly she put a hand on her belly. She felt as though she had just had an accident in her underpants that was now leaking throughout the back of her pants and onto the ground. Severus widened his eyes as he had just witnessed what happened.






“Uh Severus, I don’t quite know how to tell you this but I do believe that my water just broke.” She told him.





“You’re going into labor!? Now!?” He exclaimed with incredibly and disbelief.





“Shh,.. you’ll wake up Harry.” She told him but it was already too late as Harry opened up his bedroom door and walked down the hallway to see what was going on. Severus quickly raced over to him and scooped him up inside his arms.






“Umm hey bud, guess what? Mummy is about to give birth to your new little brother or sister, so Aunt Petunia is going to come over here and watch you while I take her to the hospital.” He told him.






“I thought that you didn’t like my sister.” Lily said while wincing in pain from having another contraction.





“I don’t but right now we don’t have an awful lot of options. I’ll give her a call while you grab your bags.” Severus told her while carrying Harry into the kitchen and then he grabbed the phone off the wall with his free hand and began dialing Petunia’s number.


…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..



Lily laid inside her hospital bed with sweat dripping from her forehead. Even with her epidural she didn’t remember being in this much pain when she was giving birth to Harry. “It’s alright Lily, you’re doing great.” One of the healers reassured her while Severus dabbed at the sweat on her forehead and then grabbed her by the hand and squeezed it tightly.






“It’s alright sweetheart, you can do it!” He cried. “Now push!” He instructed and Lily closed her eyes, clenched her teeth and let out a few more sharp pushes. Suddenly she heard the cries of her newborn baby for the first time.






“It’s a girl!” One of the healers exclaimed excitedly while tears of joy rolled down Lily’s cheeks and streamed down Severus’ face as well. “Would you like to cut the cord?” She inquired as Severus happily accepted even though she wasn’t his biological daughter. Severus peered down at the baby girl for the first time. He couldn’t believe how big and beautiful she was. She hardly had any hair, but there was no mistaking that it was bright red.


Severus cut the cord while the baby continued shrieking her lungs off. That’s when one of the healers began cleaning her off before placing her on a scale to weigh her. “Seven pounds exactly.” She replied before wrapping her up in a tiny pink and yellow baby blanket and then placed a small pink beanie on top of her head before giving her to her mother.






The baby finally stopped crying and opened up her bright blue eyes for the first time. “She looks exactly like I did when I was a baby.” Lily said while smiling warmly down at her daughter as she started to suck her thumb and Severus did as well.






“So what’s her name?” He wondered.





“Her name is Sarah because she’s my little princess. Sarah Winifred Potter.” She told him as Severus smiled at her.


“I love it.” He began. “And I already love her, and I’m sure that Harry will as well as soon as he sees her.” He said.





“Oh yeah he will. Especially when he finds out that from now on he’ll be able to have two birthday cakes.” She began with a giggle.






“No wonder why they say that two is better than one.” Severus said teasingly before they both exchanged smiles and a passionate kiss on the lips.
To be continued...
Puff's Playhouse by Lily Snape 2020
Author's Notes:
Hey guys, thanks again for all of the continued feedback and support,.. but you do realize that it's still going to be quite awhile before the sequel right? This story goes up until Harry is five and it's more than twenty chapters long just so you know.




A few days later Severus and Lily brought Sarah home from the hospital. Harry and Petunia were waiting for them when they returned. “Harry, sweetheart, I brought somebody home to see you.” Lily told him while smiling sweetly at him as she came through the front door carrying Sarah’s car seat by the handle. As Harry sped towards them, Severus lifted him up inside his arms and held him by his hip before kissing him on the cheek.







“Baby!” Harry squealed excitedly while pointing over at Sarah who was still trying to learn how to focus her eyes as she was still cross-eyed.







“That’s right buddy.” Severus began. “That’s your new baby sister Sarah. I know you’ll be a great big brother to her and watch over her and protect her.” He said before kissing his cheek again when suddenly Sarah began to cry.





“What’s wong with Sawah?” Harry wondered.






“Oh honey she’s alright, she’s probably just hungry.” His mother told him and then she looked over at Petunia. “Would you like to feed her?” She asked her while smiling rather warmly at her which left her sister feeling completely dumbfounded.



“You’re asking me?” She inquired.





“Of course, you are her aunt after all. You can go ahead and hold her while I’m getting her bottle warmed up.” She said while setting the car seat down on the ground and starting to unstrap Sarah. Meanwhile Severus felt Harry’s diaper starting to sag.





“Uh oh, Harry’s wet again. When are we going to start getting him potty trained?” He wondered.






“Well,.. typically speaking toilet training a young child isn’t a very good idea when there’s a newborn in the house. That, and I think you’re supposed to wait until Harry starts telling you when he has to go or waking up from his naps dry,.. or both.” Petunia explained and suddenly it was Severus’ turn to look surprised.





“You know an awful lot about this.” He said.





“Well, that’s because I have a son Harry’s age.” Petunia said and that’s when Severus noticed a very solemn expression came onto her face.





“I see. Well is anything the matter?” He questioned.





“Yes.” Petunia began while glancing up at him slightly. “I just don’t want to talk about it right now.” She told him as Lily placed Sarah inside her arms and then went into the kitchen. Severus just simply raised an eyebrow at her while Sarah continued fussing.







“I’ll just leave you to tend for your niece then shall I?” He questioned her before carrying Harry down the hallway. “Harry, I think that once I get you changed that I’m going to take you to Puff’s Playhouse. Your mummy needs some time alone with Sarah and Aunt Petunia.” He told him while setting him down on top of the changing table.







“Yay!!” He exclaimed excitedly while Severus smiled at him and chuckled a little bit.






“I figured that you would be excited.” He told him while starting to slide his pants off.





Once Severus and Harry arrived at Puff’s Playhouse, Severus took Harry by the hand and started leading him around. “Alright buddy, what would you like to do first?” He questioned him.


“Dwagon wide!!” Harry exclaimed excitedly in response.





“Although you really do like dogs as well, you really are dragon crazy aren’t you?” He asked him.




“Yep!” Harry cried out with a rather wide grin. That’s when suddenly another boy just about his size started racing past him. He had bright red hair, bright bluish-greenish eyes, and freckles on both of his cheeks.





“Ronald Weasley!! You get back here right now!!” A short and stout witch scolded before she turned to look over at another boy who resembled him while Ron quickly hurried back over towards his family. “I thought I told you to keep an eye on your brother William!” She cried while placing her hands upon her hips.





“I’m sorry Mum but I can’t keep an eye on him every second.” He told her.

“Well neither can I. Especially since I have to keep an eye on your sister as well.” She added while a tiny baby inside a pink stroller and wearing a pink dress sucked on a bright pink dummy. Like her brothers she also had ginger hair and freckles on both of her cheeks but she had light-brown eyes instead. That’s when suddenly she spit out her dummy and started to cry.






“Oh dear me.” Mrs. Weasley began while wrinkling her nose and sniffing the air. “Come on Ginny, let’s go find your father and tell him that you need changing.” She said while gently lifting her daughter up inside her arms and carrying her away while Harry and Severus got in line for the dragon ride.







That’s when all of a sudden a bleached blonde haired kid cut in front of him and pushed him out of line making Harry start to cry and Severus just simply narrowed his eyebrows and glared at the boy. “Shh,.. it’s alright Harry.” Severus reassured him soothingly while he picked him up and started gently bouncing him up and down.






“Don’t you dare push my kid around like that!” Severus spat and suddenly he was amazed at his own words. Since when was Harry his child? Sure he loved Harry very much, but he wasn’t his son. He belonged to Lily. “Where are you parents anyways?” He inquired while he started looking around the room but didn’t see anybody else that looked like him unlike the Weasley family where everybody looked exactly alike.







Severus was starting to get angrier by the minute. It was bad enough that the kid pushed Harry, but he was also apparently left unsupervised even though he appeared to be Harry’s age as well. “Umm,.. Harry, why don’t we get you something to drink or something? I brought your sippy-cup.” He told him as Harry just silently nodded and sniffed before Severus carried him away. Later on he would worry about the other boy, but right now he just needed to find a way to calm Harry down.

To be continued...
The Power Within by Lily Snape 2020
Severus sat Harry down on top of his lap while he drank his milk inside his tiny red sippy cup. Harry sniffed. He had calmed down now and he wasn’t crying anymore but there were still tear stains on his cheeks. As Severus held him, he thought about what had just happened and how he had referred to Harry as his child.




He rested his chin up against his head and kissed it softly. “It’s alright now, everything’s going to be alright.” He reassured him soothingly before kissing his head again while he continued to drink his milk. He couldn’t believe how much love he had inside his heart for a child that wasn’t even biologically his. That’s when suddenly a familiar little boy sat down beside them.






As Severus turned his head, he saw that it was the boy who was referred to before as Ronald Weasley. “Hullo.” He said with a wide grin while looking over at Harry who decided that he would rather drink his milk than talk him as he simply just sniffed again. “What’s wong?” he wondered.






“Another boy pushed him.” Severus began. “Where’s your mummy and daddy?” He inquired but the boy just simply shrugged. “You mean you don’t know?” He questioned.






“No, they just told me to sit here and that they would be wight back.” He replied.



“So in other words I’m stuck being your babysitter even though I have no idea who you are apart from the fact that your name is Ronald Weasley.” He said.






“Yep, that’s pwetty much it.” He told him before turning over to look at Harry. “Who is he?” He wondered as Severus turned to glance back down at him.





“His name is Harry Potter.” He replied.





“Oh. What happened to his fohead?” Ronald questioned while pointing at Harry’s scar.







Before Severus could find a way to answer him both of his parents returned, and a bunch of other children sat down on either side of him causing him to roll his eyes. “Harry if you need to do anything in your diaper now’s the time to do it.” He whispered inside his ear suddenly filled with dread on the fact that someday he would be stuck with all of the Weasleys at Hogwarts.






However, Harry’s diaper remained dry and suddenly they were met by another familiar face. The next thing that Severus knew Stevie Wilde was headed straight towards their table. “Uncle Severus? What are you doing here?” She questioned him with uncertainty.






“Well, my girlfriend and her sister needed some time to catch up with each other so I figured that I would leave them alone with Sarah and bring Harry here.” He explained.





“Who’s Sarah?” She wondered.




“Harry’s new baby sister.” He began. “So what’s a fifteen year old witch like yourself doing in the wizarding version of Chuck E. Cheese?” He wondered.






“Actually, I’m babysitting.” She began. “Only I can’t seem to find my group.” She told him.





“Yes,.. apparently that happens rather frequently around here.” He said.





“I have a feeling that I know where they are though. They’re probably getting ready to see the show.” She said as Severus raised a questioning eyebrow at this.





“And what show would that be?’ He inquired while suddenly filled with curiosity.

“The Dragons. They have a gig here today.” She explained.





“The Dragons? Didn’t they just get together a few months ago?” Severus questioned her.





“Yes they did, but they’ve become widely popular since then.” She replied and that’s when suddenly Severus realized that Harry’s diaper began to sag while he finished up his milk.






“Well it was nice seeing and chatting with you but now I must be going.” Severus began while he got to his feet and readjusted his grip on Harry while he hoisted him up to his hip. “I have to get him changed.” He explained. “Good luck on finding your group.” He told her before he started carrying Harry towards the men’s restrooms completely unaware of the sorrowful look on her face as she left. She just simply heaved a sad sigh before turning around and walking away.






Meanwhile back at home Sarah was busy taking a nap and Lily and Petunia were sitting down on the couch together with cups of a pumpkin spiced tea in their hands. “Alright now that Sarah is asleep you and I need to talk.” Lily began. “I know that something’s up. It’s Vernon isn’t it?” She questioned her sister and suddenly realized that a rather worried and anxious look came onto her face.






“Yes, it is.” She replied.





“Really? What has he done to you this time!? I swear if he’s been hurting you again, I’ll turn him into a flea and then the dogs and cats can bite at him!” She cried.






“It isn’t me that he’s been hurting this time. It’s Dudley.” She told her.




“Dudley? But Petunia he isn’t even in nursery school yet.” Lily said and started to think about how she would feel if Harry was the one being abused and started worrying that her brother in-law might come after him next.






“I know.” She replied with a sniff as tears rolled down her cheeks and she quickly brushed them away. “Vernon just gets frustrated with him sometimes, but he acts just like any other two-year-old would act.” She said.






“So then why do you stay with him? I know we’ve never really been the greatest of friends but I also know that deep down we care about each other, and whether Vernon likes it or not you care about my children just as much as I care about your son.” Lily said.









“I don’t know. I guess it’s just because I’m not a witch. If I were, I might have enough strength to stand up to him.” Petunia told her.






“Petunia, there are millions of muggles out there that have this sort of problem and obviously magic doesn’t even cross most of their minds. At least the kind of magic that witches and wizards use. Muggles have their own magic as well that lies inside of them, but it’s up to them to discover it.” She told her and that’s when suddenly Severus and Harry came through the front door.







Lily smiled at them as Harry laid fast asleep inside of Severus’ arms with his head laid down upon his shoulder. Petunia was still deep in thought at the words that her younger sister had spoken to her while Severus quietly shut the door behind him. “Careful going down the hallway, Sarah’s asleep too.” Lily warned him.






“Don’t worry I will.” Severus replied quietly before continuing to carry Harry back to his bedroom.
To be continued...
Family Matters by Lily Snape 2020
Before they knew it Severus, Lily, Harry, and baby Sarah were all back at Hogwarts. Lily was delighted that Sirius could attend Harry’s second birthday party and Sarah’s christening. However, she was still adjusting to managing two children who were too young to even attend nursery school yet. Thoughts of her sister and her nephew were still often on her mind.







She just hoped and prayed that Petunia would heed her advice and get out of the current abusive relationship with her husband. At the current time Severus was having troubles of his own. For after his first potions class of the year, Stevie stayed after class to speak with him at his desk. Severus slowly gazed up at her from his quill.





“Is there something that you wish to speak to me about?” He questioned her with uncertainty when suddenly a really rather worried and nervous glance grew onto her face.





“Yes,.. it’s about my parents.” She began.






“Well, what about your parents?” He wondered.






“I really want to be on the Slytherin Qudditch team. I want to tryout for the part of the seeker but I don’t think that my parents will let me.” She explained and an utter look of confusion fell over Severus’ face.






“Ah, I see,.. is it because they are worried about you?” He questioned her with uncertainty.





“Well my mother is, but my father,.. well he’s a muggle and he hates anything that has do with magic or the wizarding world.” She explained.






“Well you will find that unfortunately a lot of muggles are like that. My so__” Severus began. “I mean Harry has an uncle that despises him and his mother and I assume his baby sister for that reason alone.” He explained.






“You were going to call Harry your son.” Stevie realized.





“So what if I was? He’s as good as and I love him like he’s my own.” He told her.
“Well, have you told Lily that?” She wondered.





“No, but I do believe that she already knows and what business of yours is it anyways?” Severus questioned her back while eyeing her suspiciously and raising an eyebrow at her.






“I’m sorry Uncle Severus, I just want Harry to have what I don’t as he deserves a father.” She told him.






“Yes, but so do you and even though he’s a muggle at least you still have one.” Severus pointed out but Stevie was already leaving his classroom. “Stevie?” He questioned with uncertainty more confused than ever.





Later on, that evening at the dinner table Severus decided to tell Lily about what had happened. Harry was big enough now that he didn’t need his highchair any longer and was sitting in his booster seat instead while Sarah laid inside her playpen out in the living room.





“Harry eat your pizza.” Severus told him while pointing over at his slice of pepperoni pizza sitting in front of him but he just simply shook his head at him.





“No,.. too hot.” He told him.





“Then go ahead and blow on it like this.” Severus instructed before he demonstrated causing Harry to giggle and smile at him before doing it himself.







“Good boy.” Severus replied while smiling rather warmly and lovingly at him before ruffling his hair.




“So Severus what did you want to talk to me about?” Lily wondered.





“Ba!” Harry exclaimed excitedly as Severus suddenly let out a chuckle.





“Is your name Severus?” He questioned him.





“No,.. Awee.” Harry replied as he picked up his sippy cup and started to drink his milk. Severus continued smiling at him before kissing his head softly and then taking a deep breath.



“It’s just that I’m worried about Stevie. I have a feeling there’s something going on then she just isn’t telling me.” He told her.





“Really? Like what?” She wondered.




“I think she’s having problems at home. I’m thinking of sending an owl home to her parents to see what’s going on. In the meantime, I think that all she needs is encouragement as she wants to try out for the Slytherin Qudditch team. From what Madam Hooch has told me she’s got mad skills on a broomstick and trust me I’m not just being bias because she’s my niece and she’s in my house. If you don’t believe me talk to Madam Hooch yourself.” He explained.







“It’s alright, I believe you.” Lily began. “And maybe you should an owl home to Stevie’s parents just in case. In the meantime, do you want to put Harry to bed tonight? It might help you take your mind off of things.” She told him.




“I’d love to put him to bed. Does he need a bath tonight?” He wondered.





“No, but I really should give Sarah one as she hasn’t had one in a while. Don’t worry about it though, I can handle that.” She assured him when suddenly the baby began to cry.





“Speaking of Sarah, my nose is telling me that she needs to be changed.” Severus told her.





“That’s where I do believe that your nose is right.” Lily said before she got up from the table and went to go to tend to her baby.


………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….





As soon as Severus got Harry changed into his pajamas, he sat down next to him on top of his bed. “Where is Heaven?” Harry questioned him out of the blue and Severus just simply looked at him for a few moments.




“It’s up in the sky.” He replied.




“Can people fly?” Harry asked him as Severus was silent for a few more moments.




“Uh yes,.. I suppose so.” Severus began. “What’s with all of these questions all of a sudden?” He wondered.




“I want to visit. I want to see my daddy.” Harry replied.




“Oh,.. I see what this is all about. I’m sorry Harry but it just doesn’t work like that.” Severus told him.
“Why not?” Harry questioned while glancing up at him innocently.





“I’m afraid that it just doesn’t. Heaven is a place that you go to when you die and your body stops working. You’re only two years old and you still have a long life ahead of you.” He explained.






“I still want to visit him! I wanna see my daddy!” Harry cried as tears started pouring out of his eyes and rolling down his cheeks.






“Come here.” Severus said while he pulled him into a hug and kissed his head. “I love you Harry, and if you want to you can think of me as your father. That way you can have two fathers that love you very much instead of just one alright?” He questioned him softly.





“Okay.” Harry replied with a nod and a sniff as he cuddled up beside him and laid his head down on top of his chest. Severus kissed his head again before he opened up the book and started reading to him.
To be continued...
Stevie's Secret by Lily Snape 2020
Chapter Thirteen: Stevie’s Secret




That night Severus waited until both Harry and Sarah were asleep before he headed down to the owlery to send a message to Stevie’s parents. The following day he met her in the Great Hall at lunchtime and sat down a crossed the table from her.





“Stevie, there’s something very important that I want to talk to you about.” He began.





“It has to do with Qudditch doesn’t it?” She questioned him.





“Yes and no. Since you brought it up though I really think that you should tryout for the team.” He told her.





“I can’t,” she began before heaving a sad sigh. “my mum and dad won’t allow it.” She told him.






“Now don’t you worry about your parents, I already sent them an owl explaining everything.” He said and that’s when suddenly to his complete and utter shock and horror she quickly rose to her feet.

“You did what!?” She cried. “How could you!?” She yelled making Severus raise a questioning eyebrow at her.





“I wanted to help you and I thought that you would be happy. Madam Hooch says that you have so much talent with a broomstick.” He explained.





“Yes, but now my father is going to use my broomstick for a different reason!” She sobbed and that’s when suddenly it was Severus’ turn to rise to his feet.





“What are you talking about? What reason?” He questioned her but she just quickly turned her head away from him.





“Forget it, it doesn’t matter anyways.” She replied with a sniff.

“Is he going to use it to strike you?” He asked her and that’s when she quickly turned her head back over to look at him and silently nodded with another sniff as she brushed away her tears. “Why didn’t you tell me?” He wondered.






“Cause there isn’t anything you can do to stop it anyways, so why should you worry about it?” She questioned him back.






“Oh yes there’s something that I can do.” He began with a nod. “I’m your uncle and teacher and you are my niece and student. I’m not going to let him hurt you anymore if it’s the last thing I do. I promise” He assured her.





“Thank you but what are you going to do about it?” She wondered.




“I’m going to go speak with the headmaster about this immediately.” Severus replied before quickly turning away from her and exiting the Great Hall.






When he got there Dumbledore was busy holding Sarah inside his arms and feeding her a bottle. “Ah, hello there Severus.” He said while grinning up at him.






“How did you get stuck as being Sarah’s babysitter?” Severus wondered while raising a questioning eyebrow at him but this time it was Dumbledore’s turn to act surprised.







“I didn’t get stuck as being Sarah’s babysitter. Lily had to put Harry down for his nap and I volunteered to give her a hand since Sarah just woke up and needed to be fed.” He explained. “Anyways, what seems to be the trouble?” He questioned him while Severus shut the door behind him.


“Well it seems as my student and niece Stephanie Wilde is currently in an abusive situation and I was wondering what could be done to get her out of it.” He said.






“Ah I see.” Dumbledore began while giving a slight nod. “Well, since Stevie’s father is a muggle then I’m afraid that there isn’t much that can be done. Just like we can’t really do much with Petunia’s and Dudley’s situation.” He explained.





“How did you know about that?” Severus wondered.





“Lily trusts me enough to confide in me for most of her troubles.” Dumbledore began. “Anyways, it is up to the police to handle this matter.” He told him.






“I can’t just stand by and let this happen though. I’ve been there myself before.” Severus began before he took a deep breath. “I want to try and apply for guardianship. I’m already watching over two children and I really don’t think it’ll be that much trouble to take in one more. Especially since she’ll be an adult in a couple of years.” He said.






“Well, that’s very kind of you Severus but that is something that you’ll have to discuss with Stevie’s mother.” Dumbledore told him while Sarah suddenly she decided that she had enough to eat and Dumbledore brought her up to his shoulder to burp her.






“I never realized how good you were with infants.” Severus remarked as Dumbledore began to gently pat her back.





“Well they really aren’t that complicated to understand. They live a pretty simple life and they’re pretty simple minded. Adults on the other hand,.. they’re as complicated and complex as it gets.” He told him as Sarah began to fuss since she still had a gas bubble inside of her.



“Yeah, well good luck. Sometimes it takes forever to get her to burp.” Severus told him as Dumbledore just simply smiled at him as he continued to pat Sarah on the back.






“It appears that these children have quite the effect on you Severus.” He pointed out just simply stating the obvious as Sarah finally let out a tiny belch.






“Yeah well, just don’t expect me to change too much. Now I have to go check on Lily and Harry before I go back to lunch.” Severus told him before quickly turning around and exiting the headmaster’s room.










Later on, that afternoon Severus brought Harry down to the Qudditch Pitch to watch his niece’s tryouts. It was at that moment that Harry decided to make a mess in his diaper. “Oh come on Harry, you couldn’t do this before we left?” He questioned him but Harry just simply started picking his nose in response. “No Harry, that’s icky don’t do that.” He told him while pushing his hand away from his nose and then decided to lay him down beside him to change him and Harry started picking his nose again.







“Harry that’s gross you don’t do that. You ask for a tissue if you need one.” Severus told him while pushing his hand away again and this time Harry started to fuss, but Severus figured that it was more for his diaper change then being scolded and he simply just rolled his eyes and heaved a heavy sigh while he continued unbuttoning his pants and unzipping them. “The joy’s of being a father to a two-year-old.” He said to himself while removing Harry’s pants and starting to undo his diaper.
To be continued...


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=3562