The Girl Who Lived by Lemondrop07
Summary: Flora Rose Potter enters her fifth year at Hogwarts feeling even more isolated and alone. Only to find some common ground with a certain professor. Story set to go through 7th year with most canon still followed.
Categories: Healer Snape, Parental Snape > Biological Father Snape, Teacher Snape > Professor Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required)
Snape Flavour: Canon Snape, Snape Comforts, Snape is Secretive, Snape is Stern
Genres: Canon, Hurt/Comfort, Mystery
Media Type: None
Tags: Girl!Harry
Takes Place: 5th Year, 6th summer, 6th Year, 7th summer, 7th Year
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys, Character Death, Violence
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 4 Completed: No Word count: 3881 Read: 3991 Published: 20 Jun 2020 Updated: 25 Jun 2020
Chapter 3 by Lemondrop07
Author's Notes:
I have a long plan for this story, but we have to get through some of the knitty-gritty before the best part comes. I hope you're enjoying the story so far. It's my first ever story/fanfic, so please be constructive in the reviews. Thank you all for reading!

The next morning, Flora woke up swollen underneath her eyes and bruised from the altercation with Pansy. Embarrassed about her looks, she trotted off to potions with Ron and Hermione.

They arrived on time and took their seats. Pansy and Malfoy sat across the aisle from them of course.

“Nice face, Potter!” Pansy and Malfoy laughed to each other.

“Well done, Pansy. For such a pureblood, you fight like a true muggle.” Flora snidely remarked.

Snape was at his teaching podium seemingly not paying attention waiting for the stragglers to file in so he can start class.

“You’re just a mudblood, like your mother -…” Pansy retorted back ostensibly growing more and more upset.

“Quiet!” Snape interjected before another fight ensued. “Potter, see me after class.”

Of course, he singles me out, they started it! This will be another detention I’m sure of it.

Class went by quickly with Snape using his time to lecture the class on all the way’s aconite fluid can affect potions. Flora made her way up to snape at the front of the class once they all were dismissed.

“You missed your lesson last night; I shall see you tonight instead. Do try and keep yourself intact until then.”

“Yes professor, thank you.” Flora was relieved he didn’t give her detention. Still, being in occlumency lessons with his is close enough to one.

 

Severus went on with his day of teaching these little fiends. It’s Thursday, he was looking forward to the weekend. He and Minerva planned a small lunch together on Saturday to have tea and discuss the house cup. He and Minerva have a close friendship, as close as he can have playing double agent. She is like a mother to him, which he feels slight embarrassment from. She brings him dinner on those late nights he is stuck in the dungeons brewing potions, they have friendly competitions over quidditch and the house cup. They enjoy getting together just to vent about their students and classes.

It was approaching time for potter’s lesson. Severus emptied out all of his memories that may give away his positioning with the dark lord when there was a knock on the door.

“Come in.” Severus held the door open just long enough for potter to squeeze by.

“Have you been practicing, or can I expect subpar results again?”

“I HAVE been practicing, its just hard! Let’s just begin” Flora hissed at him, not in the mood to deal with his sarcastic remarks. After her altercation with Pansy, memories of abuse from the Dursleys was all on her mind.

“Legillimens” Severus began searching through potters’ memories.

Dudley stop! Please! Dudley was on top of Flora trying to feed her worms from the garden.

Flora tried to push snape out of her mind but failed as he viewed three more memories before she finally stopped him.

Flora fell to the floor holding her stomach, trying hold back her anger. Breathing heavily, she stood back up. Snape was looking unamused.

“Legillimens” Snape began again. Sweeping through memory upon memory, until curiosity stopped him to watch one.

What did you do, girl? You freak, you monster, girl! If you’re aunt wasn’t forced to keep you here you’d be on the streets! Vernon was holding little Flora by her throat against the wall. She was screaming, gasping for air. Petunia grabbed Dudley and pushed him into the other room because he was crying watching his father get violent. Vernon threw little flora to the ground and started kicking her as she tried to crawl away.  

“NO!” Flora was so enraged by snape viewing this memory she kicked him out of her mind, raised her wand to him. Next thing she knew she was viewing one of Snape’s memories.

Stunned, Flora stumbled backwards hitting a table. Snape was recovering from the invasion into his mind. Flora was panting, with tears running down her face. Scared to see what Snape was going to do to her, she ran out of the room, accidentally dropping her wand in snapes office.

“Potter!” Snape called after Flora, but she kept going.

To be continued...
End Notes:
OOOOOhhh what will snape do now??


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=3593