Adventures of babysitting by ChemPrincess
Summary: Albus is a meddling old coot.

Severus is a pushover when it comes to baby Harry.

And, Harry, well there is no one he can't control with his, wide eyes, adorable smile and a cute little pout.
Categories: Parental Snape > Guardian Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required)
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Fluff, Humor
Media Type: None
Tags: None
Takes Place: 0 - Pre Hogwarts (before Harry is 11)
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 3 Completed: No Word count: 3669 Read: 4414 Published: 10 Jul 2020 Updated: 27 Nov 2020
Chapter 2 by ChemPrincess
Severus sighed, putting his empty cup on the table, groaning when he accidentally slammed it on the table and massaged his temple with his other hand. He hadn’t gotten any sleep last night.

He had woken up three times in panic, during the night to check up on Potter. Only to see the boy sleeping peacefully, not waking up even once in the middle of night.

Potter had woken up bright and early. Severus had again brushed his two little teeth and then put a refreshing charm on him instead of a bath, Dumbledore could deal with it. Then changed the boy’s diaper and then changed him into a fresh onesie.

“nummy” Potter said, around the dry bread he was munching on.

“Try the actual food.” He replied, gesturing to the Pancakes he had cut in small pieces for the boy.

Potter ducked his head and continued munching on the bread happily.

Severus ignored him, used to the boy’s strange behaviour by now.


**


Severus opened the door to let the Headmaster in.

“Gramma” Potter squealed.

Severus blinked looking at the boy and then looked at Albus. “He is not Gramma. That’s Headmaster Dumbledore.” He reprimanded the boy.

They both ignored him.

“Call me Grandpa, Harry dear.” Dumbledore said, picking the boy up.

“Good morning, Severus.”

“Good morning, Headmaster.” he said watching in distaste as Albus popped a lemon drop in Potter’s mouth.

The boy made a face and spat the candy in Headmaster’s beard.

Severus smirked, looked like, little Potter wasn’t a fan of lemon drops. Good boy, thought Severus.

Albus frowned at the boy.

“How about chocolate frogs then?” Dumbledore asked, putting the boy down and handing him a box of chocolate frogs.

Potter plopped on the ground, looking at the box curiously.


**


“We don’t have tea, would you like some coffee instead?” Severus asked.

“Not today, dear boy. I must get going now.”

“Very well then, I have already packed Potter’s things. I will go get-..”

“About that, Severus. I need to go to America to attend to an important matter. I can’t take little Harry with me.” Dumbledore said.

Severus narrowed his eyes at the old man, he had a feeling, as to where this conversation was going.

“You want Potter to stay with me, don’t you?” He asked suspiciously.

“Yes, Severus. I must go now.” Dumbledore said, already making his way towards the door.

Severus followed him with a scowl on his face.

“Albus-…”

“Good bye, Harry. I will be back as soon as I can. Ok?”

“Bye Bye Gramma.” Potter said, looking up from where he was rolling around on the floor, clutching his legs with both hands, the box of chocolate frogs forgotten next to him.

“Call me Grandpa, Harry.” Dumbledore said.

“Gramma.” Harry insisted.

Albus sighed in defeat.

“Perhaps, if you get a hair cut?” Severus suggested, feigning innocence.

Dumbledore just raised his eyes at the him, pointedly looking at the his greasy hair.

Severus slammed the door in the older man’s face.

“Guess it’s time you had a bath.” He said, turning around to look at the baby. He grimaced at the sight of Potter, the stupid boy was lying on the floor, practically folded in half, trying to lick one of his toes.


**


Turns out Potter hates taking a bath, just as much as Severus hated bathing the boy.

The little boy let his displeasure known by screaming at the top of his lungs, his hands flailing around, while Severus tried to get the boy cleaned up as well as make sure the baby didn’t drown himself.

Finally, the boy was clean and wrapped up in a towel, with only his red face peeking out.

Severus sighed, now all he had to do was drain the bath tub and clean the bathroom and change into clothes which weren’t dripping wet because of Potter’s flailing.

Oh, and not to forget that he also had to go shopping if he didn’t want the boy to starve, only on his second day with Severus.


**


“Blasted boy.” Severus grumbled, picking up the jar of peanut butter that Potter had thrown from the shopping cart he was sitting in.

“Bastad” Potter shouted.

Severus looked at him in surprise. The boy was grinning widely.

“You should be careful what you say in front of kids. They are impressionable at his age.”

Severus looked at the old woman, her lips were curled in disgust which only accentuated her wrinkles.

“I didn’t say that. Potter can be a little dim sometimes.” Severus explained to the woman.

The woman narrowed her eyes. “Are you calling your son, stupid? ”

“He is not my son.”

“You are roaming around the shopping mall with someone else’s baby, who you think is a little dim?” The woman asked snidely.

Severus eyed her, weren’t old ladies supposed to be sweet?

“I am babysitting for a-..”

The woman gasped. Severus grabbed the box of diaper before it could hit the woman.

He glared at Potter. “Potter, I told you not to throw things at people, didn’t I?”

“That boy is nasty. It must be so hard to babysit him.”

Severus turned his glare towards the woman. Wasn’t she just judging him for suggesting that Potter was stupid.

“That boy is just fine. Perhaps you should mind your own business.” Severus snapped at the woman. Potter might be a bit weird and he sometimes acted like a… Baby, but it irked him the way she was bad mouthing the little boy. He was just a baby! Babies tended to throw things!


**


“Here you go, sir.” A young lady in her early twenties at the counter said, handing the bags to Severus.

“Thank you.”

The girl peered over the counter at Harry and smiled.

“And who is that handsome young man? What’s your name, love?”

“Moooo” Potter replied, with a wide grin.

Severus rolled his eyes, he couldn’t believe the saviour of the wizarding world couldn’t even say his own name.

The young lady on the other hand just chuckled at the boy’s response.

“Well Moooo, I have something for a sweet boy like you.” She said, pressing a candy bar in the boy’s hand.
To be continued...


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=3597