The Family of the Sea by Song of the Sea
Summary: Harriet is grief-stricken after losing Sirius, then she finds out that her friends aren't who they said they were. She finds comfort in Prof. Snape, who has a secret of her own to tell Harriet and Minerva.
Categories: Parental Snape > Guardian Snape, Snape Equal Status to Harry > Comrades Snape and Harry Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Bellatrix, Bill, Charlie, Draco, Fred George, Hedwig, Lucius, McGonagall, Narcissa, Remus, Sirius
Snape Flavour: Snape Comforts, Snape is Kind, Snape is Loving, Out of Character Snape
Genres: Hurt/Comfort, Supernatural
Media Type: None
Tags: Girl!Harry, Good!Voldemort, New Identity!Harry, Royalty!Snape
Takes Place: 2nd Year, 3rd Year, 4th Year
Warnings: Character Bashing, Out of Character
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 3 Completed: No Word count: 2885 Read: 3156 Published: 23 Sep 2020 Updated: 20 Oct 2020
Chapter 2 by Song of the Sea
Author's Notes:
Same disclaimer as the last chapter.
Griphook stood aside for a few more minutes watching the mother and daughter get acquainted before asking the two ladies a question. "Would you and your daughter like to claim your lady and heirships,Lady Slytherin?"


Bronagh and Saoirse both nodded and placed the rings on their fingers. But, Saoirse's consort ring transformed into a golden crown with two emerald snakes surrounding a diamond shell horn.


It floated onto her head and placed itself right onto her forehead, surrounding her with a golden aura. Two platinum white streaks appeared in two of her brown stripes, making her hair tri-toned.


"Whoa, Mummy! You're so pretty! Do you think Uncle Lucy, Draco, and Auntie Cissa will come with us to live at Riddle Manor with Daddy?" Bronagh asked her mother while climbing into her lap. Bronagh, while she was still Harriet Potter, was abused by the Dursleys. Forced to do the chores like a house elf and denied much food and sun after the little pearl was taken from her parents, her growth and weight were stunted, so she looks like a 9 year old child instead of a preteen.


There was one thing that Saoirse was curious about, though.


"Griphook, why did two stripes of my hair turn white?" she asked the goblin while hugging her daughter in her lap, who was beginning to drift off to sleep. The goblin just laughed before he answered the Lady Slytherin. "Well, your highness, Lady Magic herself has recognized you and your daughter as the daughters of Neptune, King of the Sea. Congratulations on become the Queen and Princess of the Selkies. We'll work on getting some dirt on Dumbledore, none of us trusted him anyway, and you can return to Hogwarts."


The Selkie Queen stood up with her daughter fast asleep in her arms before saying the signature goblin department. "Thank you so much for reuniting me with my daughter, Griphook. May your gold always flow and prosper."


"And may your enemies fall at your feet, Lady Slytherin-Ravenclaw."


With those words exchanged,the two exited the bank where Minerva was waiting outside. She smiled at the sleeping child that Saoirse was holding, before noticing that half her hair was black, and the other half was the silver blonde of the Malfoy family.


"It's her. Bronagh, my little sorrow, was Harriet Potter all along, Minerva. And, we're the owners of Hogwarts. Turns out that I'm the Lady Consort Slytherin AND Lady Ravenclaw, while Bronagh is the heiress to all four. The two of us along with my husband are the owners of Hogwarts. She's also the heiress of Merlin and Morgana LeFay. That makes my little shell the richest witch in the world. I've asked the goblins to send word to Tom, and he's coming to Hogwarts tomorrow morning before breakfast." Saoirse explained, answering her unasked questions. "My older brother and sister-in-law are also coming too. I'm sure that they'd love to see their niece again."


With that, the two women Apparated back to Hogwarts, the Selkie Princess fast asleep in her long-lost mother's arms. The next morning at about six o'clock, Saoirse's Floo went off and out of the emerald flames stepped Tom Marvolo Riddle-Slytherin, husband of Saoirse and father ofBronagh Prince-Riddle-Malfoy-Slytherin.


He had dark brown hair that reached his shoulders and the Slytherin Lord ring adorned his right ring finger. Bronagh, now with her heterochromia hair tied up in a high ponytail with a large, dark ribbon adorned with a seashell, rushed up to her father and leapt into his arms.


"Daddy! Daddy!" the preteen squealed as she hugged her dad's neck. Tom, or as he preferred to be called 'Marvolo' by his friends, stood shocked for a moment, before hugging his daughter. Once Bronagh released his neck, he just had to ask if it was really her. "Bronagh?" Tom asked, the black and white haired child nodding eagerly before nuzzling into his warm chest, the sound of his gentle heartbeat lulling her into a light daze. It was at that moment that Saoirse decided to greet her husband.



"Hello, darling. I see that you've gotten one of Bronagh's hugs." the woman lightly teased before placing a feather-like kiss on Tom's cheek. To Tom, her laughter was musical- like a flute. It seemed like just yesterday that he returned to Hogwarts so that she could accept his courtship.



(Flashback starts)


It was breakfast time at Hogwarts, and it was a special day. Not only was it Saoirse's 16th birthday, but her secret admirer was coming to propose marriage! The poor Slytherin girl was bouncing in her seat and unable to keep a grin off of her face, she was so excited, much to the amusement of her fellow Slytherins.


What the girl didn't know was that almost all of the boys in school were vying for her attention, even the Marauders stopped pranking her during 3rd year just to try and win her over. She loved James and Lily, but only as a brother and sister. Saoirse had finally forgiven the Marauders for all of their pranks and now they were friends. Just then, the crack of Apparation was heard and a really handsome man appeared that had all of the girls blushing.


The man, looking to be in his mid twenties, had dark brown hair that went just past his shoulders and ruby red eyes that could stop even Dumbledore in his tracks. This man, is Tom Marvolo Riddle-Slytherin, Lord of Slytherin and Saoirse's love interest.


"Tom!" Saoirse exclaimed standing up out of her seat, black and silver blonde hair flying everywhere. She was wearing a green ribbon with a silver snake head on the center in her hair, tying it up in a high ponytail. That name caused everyone to freeze. Only one thought went through their heads: 'This is Lord Voldemort'. Suddenly, all of Gryffindor started firing spells at the young Lord, much to Saoirse's distress. Since she was a Selkie, her Song could purify any remaining negative thoughts. So, she started singing.


youtube.com/watch?v=tO9hBNqTOGA

Idir ann is idir as

Idir thuiadh is idir theas

Idir thear is idir thoir

Idir am is idir ait

Casann si dhom

Amrhan na fairraige

Suiamhneach no ciun

Ag cuardu go damanta

Mo ghra

Idir gaoth is idir tonn

Idir tuilleadh is idir gann

Casann si dhom

Amrhan na fairraige

Suiamneach no ciun

Ag cuardu go damanta

Idir costa, idir cleibh

Idir me is idir me fein

Ta me i dtuin



As soon as she stopped singing, all of the hostile behavior stopped. Tom stepped forward and brought out a beautiful emerald ring.

"Saoirse Layla Prince-Malfoy, daughter of the Noble and Ancient Houses of Malfoy and Prince, Lady of the House of Ravenclaw, will you be my Lady Slytherin? Will you accept my courtship and love me as I love you?" he proposed to the girl in front him, who was staring at him in shock.

Dumbledore looked at her with pleading eyes, begging her not to accept. Everyone else looked on with baited breath, wondering what she'll say. At last, they had their answer. "Yes. Yes, YES!!" Saoirse squealed before throwing herself into Tom's arms, allowing him to slide the ring on her finger. The entire hall erupted in cheers for the upcoming wedding the two Hogwarts heirs.

"Congratulations, Saoirse!!!" Lily squealed, hugging her sister in all but blood.


(Flashback ends)

Now, the two parents were happily reunited with their little girl. Said girl was now sleeping in her father's arms. "I'm glad that she's home with us, Tom. Those Muggles will pay for hurting her. But for now, I'm just glad she's safe." Saoirse mused to her husband.


Tom nodded in agreement as they approached the Great Hall. All conversations stopped when the students and teachers laid their eyes on the child sleeping in Tom's arms.


Saoirse decided to take pity on him, so she said, "I know that you children all have questions. I promise that I will explain in a few minutes. But please, finish your breakfast and I will explain before your first classes."


It seemed that the students were satisfied with her answer, and went back to their breakfast. During that time, Tom gently shook Bronagh awake so she could have breakfast.
To be continued...


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=3613