Welcome to Hogwarts, Draco and Astranova by Song of the Sea
Summary: Draco and Astranova are now 11 years old and about to head off to their first year at Hogwarts. Meeting new friends, professors, and foiling Dumbledore, the two siblings know that this year sure will be interesting.
Categories: Parental Snape > Biological Father Snape > Severitus Challenge, Parental Snape > Biological Father Snape Main Characters: James, Lily, Lucius, McGonagall, Narcissa, Percy, Pomfrey, Remus, Ron, Wormtail
Snape Flavour: Snape Comforts, Snape is Kind, Snape is Loving, Out of Character Snape
Genres: Drama, Family
Media Type: None
Tags: Animagus!Snape, Girl!Harry, Good!Voldemort, Slytherin!Harry, Vampire!Snape
Takes Place: 1st summer before Hogwarts, 1st Year
Warnings: Character Bashing, Out of Character, Romance/Slash
Challenges: None
Series: The Heirs of Ravenclaw, Prince, and Slytherin
Chapters: 4 Completed: No Word count: 3546 Read: 4805 Published: 01 Nov 2020 Updated: 06 Nov 2020
How We Met by Song of the Sea
Author's Notes:
This chapter details how Remus and Severus got together. I'll do a separate story on it, but for now, this is what you'll get.
It was the night before Draco and Astranova started Hogwarts, but Astra had a question for their parents.

Severus chuckled as he and Remus placed their children in bed, but before he could say 'good night', Astra spoke up.

"Mummy? How did you and Daddy get together? You told us that you went to Hogwarts together, but that was it. What happened?" his 11 year old daughter asked, looking at Severus from her bed with curious green eyes. Draco was curious as well. How did their parents get together?

Remus shared a look with his husband that said 'we were going to have to tell them at some point'.

"Well, sweetheart, your mother and I did go to Hogwarts together. He was a Slytherin and I was a Gryffindor. Your Uncle Padfoot, Prongs, and Auntie Jamila were Gryffindors as well. Their real names were Sirius, James, and Lily. But your Uncle James and Uncle Sirius liked to bully your mother. They nearly caused him to lose his friendship with Lily,if it weren't for me stepping in. I realized that I was in love with him during my fourth year and I didn't want him or Lily to be hurt. So, I stepped in," Remus began.

(Flashback starts)
James held Severus upside down by his robes with a spell and pulled his trousers down, revealing his underpants. Severus has never been so embarrassed in his life. Lily tried to help him down, but Remus beat her to it.

"James Fleamont Potter!! Leave Severus alone now!" he yelled furiously, much to the shock of his friends.

"Moony, no. He was bothering me so I have to do something about it," James stubbornly insisted, which was a bad idea because that just made Remus angrier than he already is.

"HE HAS DONE NOTHING TO YOU!!!" Remus roared, finally reaching his limit.

"Moony.." Sirius was shocked. Remus had never shouted at anybody, not even his own friends.

"No, Padfoot. I'm speaking my mind and everyone standing here will listen, including the professors. For too long, all of you have thought that if you're not a Gryffindor, you're not honest and loyal. We ALL have traits of the four houses. You, Prongs, and Wormtail have the cunning and deception of a serpent, I have the intelligence of an eagle, and Lily has the loyalty of a badger," Remus started, stopping James, Peter, and Sirius in their tracks.


Some of the other students that were there couldn't help but agree with him because he was right. James, Sirius, and Peter act nice, but strike like a cobra when your back is turned. They study their opponents and use their weakness to their advantage. Lily was a sweet and kind girl who saw the best of everybody, especially her childhood friend and brother in all but blood. Severus didn't love Lily anymore than as a friend and a sister.


Lily was secretly glad that she and Severus talked about how they felt about one another and agreed to stay siblings and friends, not that James would ever care. Remus was smart and sharp-witted, but when his friends stepped out of line, one glare from him or Lily stopped them in their tracks. But he wasn't finished yet.


"Here's something you never knew: Slytherin House has the record for the highest number of abused children."

Every single person in the area gasped in shock and horror. Magical children being abused is the highest crime one could ever commit! Who would dare do something like this?

"Bella's parents punish her with the Cruciatus curse, Lucius has been blackmailed by his father and his mother and younger sister were murdered by the very same man who abused him. And before you ask, I know this because I took the time to get to know the Slytherins and I found out that they're just like us. Since we won't be their family, they become their own family. If we won't defend them, they have to defend themselves. The way we treat them makes us no better than their parents."

James felt like he was just punched in the gut. But, he just had to have the last laugh. "But what about Snivellus? What does he have to say about this?"


Remus released the spell holding Severus upside down and caught him as he fell. Once he was back on his feet, Severus looked at James, but there was something different about him. His eyes were a bright forest green instead of the obsidian black they all knew.


"My name is Severus Glacier Ravenclaw-Prince, adopted son of Lady Hecate and six times great-grandson of Rowena Ravenclaw," Severus revealed before whispering a 'finite incantatum'.

His greasy black locks disappeared to reveal snowy white hair that reached below the shoulder blades, the skin was a pale color and his nose was button-like.


"I love Lily, James, but I only love her as a friend and a sister. The person I really love is standing in front of me," the Ravenclaw heir explained looking at Remus fondly.


Lily spoke up for the first time since this whole mess started. "I won't go out with you until you, Sirius and Peter get your acts together, you arrogant toerags. In case you forgot, Merlin was a Slytherin too, and you don't talk bad about him. Face it. Good wizards can come from Slytherin as well. Come on Sev, Remus. Let's get away from these bullies."

With a huff, the trio stormed down the hallway arm in arm, leaving the remaining spectators with much to think about and reflect on.



"We started dating after that, and on the Christmas during our 7th year, I proposed. Two years later, we married and a few months later, you and Draco came along." Remus concluded, only to see that his husband, son, and daughter were fast asleep.


He chuckled and shook his head in amusement. "Sweet dreams, you three."


Placing a blanket over Severus, he quietly exited the room.
To be continued...


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=3624