What Have We Done? by Song of the Sea
Summary: Marauders Era. Pokemon!AU. Unable to handle James and Sirius bullying/abusing him on a daily basis and being used by everyone as an anger release, Severus is possessed by Nihilego, who fuses with him. Trying to save her friend, Lily, the Marauders, and the rest of Gryffindor and Slytherin find out how much he was suffering because of their abuse and neglect.
Categories: Misc > No category on the site fits Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Dumbledore, Flitwick, James, Lily, McGonagall, Pomfrey, Remus, Sirius, Wormtail
Snape Flavour: Snape is Angry, Snape is Depressed
Genres: Angst, Crossover, Drama
Media Type: None
Tags: Alternate Universe, Injured!Snape, Kidnapped!Snape
Takes Place: 0 - Before Harry is born
Warnings: Bullying, Character Bashing, Rape, Romance/Slash, Self-harm, Violence
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: No Word count: 978 Read: 826 Published: 09 Nov 2020 Updated: 09 Nov 2020
Chapter 1 by Song of the Sea
James and the Marauders were sitting at the Gryffindor table for lunch, when he saw Lily looking at the Slytherin table, or a familiar greasy haired git in his case.

"Hey, Lils! Why are you looking at old Snivellus?" Sirius asked, sneering at the end.

Lily whipped her head around and glared at him hard enough to make him cower and pretend that she wasn't there. "For your information, Black, I'm worried about Sev. He moves like a robot, won't speak or eat, and his hair is turning white. Not to mention that his eyes keep flashing white as well,"

Remus looked at the Slytherin table and saw that Lily was right. Severus was moving mechanically, he hasn't touched his food and his hair and eye color were changing. "She's right, James. I think something's wrong with Snape."

James finally turned around to see what the fuss was about, and saw that they were right. "Oh Merlin...." he whispered horrified.


Severus sat at his house table stiff as a board. He was really hungry, having not eaten for a week, but he couldn't eat. He wasn't even aware of what he was doing. But he knew one thing: a Nihilego had possessed him and it's trying to fuse with him. He's been able to fight off the possession for the past two weeks, but today was the day his control finally broke.

Severus harshly pushed away from the Slytherin table and crouched onto the ground, clutching his head. This action caught the attention of the entire Great Hall as it went stock silent. The only sound heard was Severus' harsh breaths coming in short, labored gasps. Avery tried to approach him as he asked, "What's with you, Snape?"

Severus released a pulse of magic in response as he screeched in a distorted voice, "NO! NO! STAY AWAY!!!!!". A white jellyfish-like creature appeared above him and lowered itself onto him. "SEV!! LOOK OUT!!!" Lily yelled out before a white light engulfed her friend.

When the light subsided, the jellyfish-creature was fused with Severus. His hair and eyes were fully white, but his pupils were slit and his skin tone was paler. In a distorted voice the creature spoke through Severus, "Finally, I'm in control. The pathetic boy has fought my possession for too long. Now, he's my puppet. My tool. And you can't save him now, not even you, Lily Evans."

Lily started in shock. "What do you mean I won't be able to save him?" Why wouldn't she be able to save Sev? Wouldn't he do the same for her?

The creature scoffed as if she said something ridiculous. "I meant that he's too far gone with grief. My puppet here, has been secretly attempting suicide and self-harm. His father killed his mother and then his father died of alcohol poisoning not long after. His father beat both him and his mother, and then James Potter and his so called 'Marauders' had to go and abuse him here as well. Just because he was a Slytherin. Severus learned that not only was he the Prince heir, but he was also the Ravenclaw heir by maternal blood. Then, you abandon him for calling you a 'mudblood' even though you knew he was angry and embarrassed. And being raped since the age of five doesn't exactly help his case that much."

Everyone in the Hall gasped. Some were shocked, disgusted, and others were horrified. Severus wasn't who they thought he was; he was the last heir of Ravenclaw and owned 1/4 of Hogwarts. The abuse he suffered here at the hands of the Marauders and the isolation and neglect from the other students and teachers made it worse. He came to Hogwarts to escape his father's abuse, not receive more of it.

Lily had tears in her eyes. How could she have done this to Severus? She knew that he needed her to keep him from doing anything stupid, but it seems like she set her standards for him way too high. Now that Lily thought about it, she never really did listen to him, nobody ever listened to him for that matter, and tried to force her views of right and wrong. When she first asked him why he started studying the Dark Arts, he cryptically replied, "To better defend against something, you have to understand the threat and the effects,". Now, it all made sense why he was so interested in the shadows of magic: He wanted to be a Potions Master and a Defense Master. 'We'll discuss this later,' Lily thought to herself, a hand on her Pokeball. 'For now, I have to save Severus.'

Severus, his voice distorted, managed to speak and vent out some of his anger and hurt. "GO AWAY!! I WON'T LET ANYONE BETRAY ME AGAIN!!!" the possessed teen screeched, voice half his own and half the Ultra Beast's.

Albus stepped forward, blue eyes cold and hard, and asked, "How can we betray you when you betrayed us?"

"YOU LEFT ME FOR DEAD AT THE HANDS OF MY FATHER!!! I WAS SEXUALLY ABUSED SINCE AGE 5!! MY MOTHER, MURDERED IN FRONT OF ME!! LILY THEN ABANDONED ME FOR POTTER AND YOU SAID THAT I WAS A DEATH EATER! I AM A CHILD, SAME AS THE REST OF THE STUDENTS!! YOU LET THE MARAUDERS ABUSE ME MERCILESSLY!! BLACK SET ME ONTO A WEREWOLF LAST MONTH AND YOU MADE ME TAKE AN OATH OF SILENCE WHILE HE GOT OFF SCOT-FREE!! AND THE REST OF THE STUDENTS DON'T DO ANYTHING BUT LAUGH!! WHAT DID I EVER DO TO ANY OF YOU?! DO YOU ALL HATE ME THAT MUCH?! AM I NOT GOOD ENOUGH OR WORTH THAT MUCH TO YOU, PROFESSORS?!"

The hall went dead silent again as a blanket of guilt and shame enveloped everyone. The only voice was Lily whispering guiltily, "What have we done?"
To be continued...


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=3625