5 Times Severus Calmed Harry at Order Gatherings and 1 Time Harry Comforted Him by Song of the Sea
Summary: Just what the title says. Severus surprises the Order of the Phoenix by calming baby Harry down with singing!! And one time where Harry gives Severus the same comfort.
Categories: Parental Snape > Guardian Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Arthur, Dumbledore, James, Lily, McGonagall, Molly, Remus, Sirius
Snape Flavour: Snape Comforts, Snape is Loving
Genres: Family, Hurt/Comfort
Media Type: None
Tags: Baby fic, Child fic, Good!Voldemort
Takes Place: 0 - Pre Hogwarts (before Harry is 11)
Warnings: Out of Character, Romance/Slash
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: No Word count: 779 Read: 1435 Published: 17 Nov 2020 Updated: 17 Nov 2020
Story Notes:
There are five songs that Severus is going to sing to Harry, and they are lullabies. I don't own Harry Potter or any of the songs that I'm listing. Voldemort is also good and is happily married to Severus.

1: Right Here in My Arms

2: Wolf Song

3: Mir Da'len Somniar (fem! Severus)

4: Don't Go Away

5: All is Found

6: True Colors

1. Right Here in My Arms by Song of the Sea

Right Here in My Arms by Song of the Sea
"Waaah!! Waaaah!" was the first sound that Severus and his husband could hear while entering Number 12 Grimmauld Place, ancestral and childhood home of Sirius Black.


The old house was dirty and rundown, looking like it hasn't been cleaned in years. There was dust and cobwebs everywhere. Perfectly fitting to his messy habits.


In the dining room, the Order members were seated and trying to start their first meeting, but James Potter and his wife, Lily Elizabeth Potter nee Evans, were trying to comfort their son.


The little infant was only a few months old, and he looked just like Lily. And on this particular day, the child was really fussy and nothing could calm him down.


Severus watched silently from the hallway outside the dining room while stifling snickers, his partner in no better shape.


"Honey, this is the best day of my life, so far. Seeing Potter failing at something out of his element is really making my day," the Potions Master whispered as he laughed quietly, his silver snake headband and wedding ring glittering in the dim light.


Molly tried feeding him, Albus, Minerva, and Sirius tried to make him laugh, Lily tried changing his nappy, Remus tried a story, and James tried playing with him, but nothing worked.


"I give up!" Lilly huffed plopping next to James. "Nothing will make Harry stop crying, and aren't we missing somebody?"


Everyone froze and looked around to see who it was that they were missing, only for Dumbledore to stand up and call out, "I know you're there, Severus. You two can come out now,"


That was when Severus and his new partner stepped into the sitting room, one snuggled into the other's arms with a happy expression.


His partner had gleaming brown eyes that were filled with warmth and adoration and slightly curly hair that reached just past the nape of his neck. This was Lord Slytherin-Gaunt-Peverell, husband of Lord Consort Severus Slytherin-Gaunt-Peverell.


Most of the Order members who knew Severus while he went to Hogwarts saw how much he had changed in the last few years.


His sallow skin had a natural pale glow that looked ethereal in the moonlight, his hair was no longer greasy and stringy, instead it was a healthy raven black with silver blonde highlights that reached halfway past his shoulders.


Dull onyx eyes that used to hold fear, anger, and hatred, now hold a happiness and glow that Lily hasn't seen on her best friend in years.


And then, he smiled. Smiled!! "Hello everyone, it's been awhile," Severus greeted.


Sirius' expression immediately turned into one of extreme hatred and loathing as he snarled out, "What are you doing here, Snape? You know that your kind isn't welcome here!"


Severus cut in sharply while holding up his left hand to reveal the emerald ring, "It's Lord Consort Prince-Slytherin-Gaunt-Peverell now, Black. I've been married for the past two months now to Lord Marvolo Slytherin-Gaunt-Peverell."


All heads whipped to the young man who just announced his marriage. Sirius, especially, was the most shocked that the greasy git actually found love. Then, their attention was turned back to the screaming baby in Lily's arms.


The Slytherin alumni smiled and walked over to his sister in all but blood. "Need some help, Lily?"


Lily gratefully smiled and passed her son to Severus. "Thank you. He's been really fussy since we got here and won't stop crying."


Severus looked at the baby in his arms and tickled the tiny tummy, making the infant squeal with laughter. He sat down in a nearby chair and starting singing a lullaby that he was saving when he and Tom have their own children.


Sun goes down and we are here together

Fireflies glow like a thousand charms


Everyone was immediately entranced by the Potions Master's voice. He was a really good singer.

Stay with me and you can dream forever

Right here in my arms tonight


Harry liked the lullaby that was being sung to him as his emerald eyes started to droop.

Sounds of day fade away

Stars begin to climb

Melodies fill the breeze

Sweeter all the time

Sun goes down and we are here together

Fireflies glow like a thousand charms

Stay with me and you can dream forever

Right here in my arms tonight


At last, Harry calmed down and drifted off to dreamland, a small smile on his adorable face. Severus looked up to see everyone looking at him in shock. He paid them no mind, however, as it was worth it to see the little imp fall asleep in his arms.

"Sweet dreams, my little firefly," Severus whispered to the infant in his arms.
To be continued...


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=3629