Eye of the Basilisk: Year 1 by Song of the Sea
Summary: Kamaria Prince-Slytherin is the daughter of Tom and Severus Prince-Slytherin, who was kidnapped as a child. Follow Kimmy, her friends, and her family as they work together to defeat Albus Dumbledore and free the Wizarding World from his oppressive hold.
Categories: Parental Snape > Biological Father Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Bellatrix, Draco, Dudley, Dumbledore, Filch, Flitwick, Fred George, Hagrid, Hedwig, Hermione, James, Lily, Lucius, McGonagall, Molly, Narcissa, Neville, Original Character, Petunia, Pomfrey, Remus, Ron, Vernon, Voldemort
Snape Flavour: Snape Comforts, Snape is Kind, Snape is Loving, Out of Character Snape
Genres: Family, Hurt/Comfort
Media Type: None
Tags: Alternate Universe, Girl!Harry, Good!Voldemort, Royalty!Snape, Slytherin!Harry
Takes Place: 0 - Pre Hogwarts (before Harry is 11), 1st summer before Hogwarts, 1st Year
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys, Bullying, Character Bashing, Out of Character, Romance/Slash
Challenges: None
Series: Eye of the Basilisk
Chapters: 5 Completed: No Word count: 5973 Read: 2864 Published: 07 Apr 2021 Updated: 09 Apr 2021
Chapter 3: Memories of the Heart by Song of the Sea
Author's Notes:
This chapter is where Kamaria watches memories from the day Severus was pregnant with her, to the day of her capture.
It was early the next morning, the sun was just starting to rise, and Kamaria was reeling over the events from last night as she woke up. She found her mother, gained new friends, and gained a family out of her House.


Looking around the Slytherin common room, she saw that everyone was either sleeping on the couches or on the floor. Feeling a weight on her shoulder, Kamaria craned her neck to see her mother fast asleep with a small smile on his face as she was cradled toward his chest. She smiled softly and snuggled into him, relishing the warmth that she was denied for so long.


When Severus woke up, they hugged again just to make sure it wasn't a dream. "It wasn't a dream, you're really here, Kimmy..." he whispered. Kamaria replied just as softly, "Mummy. I won't let you go again,". Both of them were blissfully unaware of the other Slytherins looking at them, happy that they were back together again.


A few hours later, Kamaria asked, "Mum, what happened all those years ago? What happened that led to my kidnapping?". Severus knew that he was going to have to explain what happened to her sooner or later, might as well nip it in the bud.

He turned to his daughter and said, "When I graduated Hogwarts, I met your father at one of the Malfoy Winter Balls. Love at first sight, they say, and things just took off. We married on Yule Day and three years later, you came along. Born on the Summer Solstice at dawn. When you were two years, old, Albus broke into the manor and stole you, gone just like that. We searched and searched but we couldn't find you, but when James and Lilian sent word that they had you; I was so relieved. They were your secondary godparents, should anything happen to Lucius and Narcissa. Unfortunately, Albus found out that they planned to return you to us, so he intervened and attacked them. He killed James first and then Lilian, after she kept defying him, Sacrificing her life for your own allowed you to survive, but it turned your father into a wraith. After Albus took you to the Dursleys', it took all I could not to tear apart every building. I haven't seen him since then, and I haven't seen you since your 2nd birthday.". Kamaria was crying by the.; having no idea of what happened all those years ago.


One thing was for certain: She was going to murder Albus Dumbledore for putting her family through all of this grief.


Severus presented her with a Pensieve and told her to watch the memories as they played. Once she was in, Kamaria was immediately swept to the first memory.


"Tom, I-I'm pregnant." Severus nervously told his mate as he wrung his hands together. Kamaria could see that Tom's eyes were alight with hope as he walked closer to Severus. "Truly, darling?" he asked. Severus nodded and placed a hand over his still flat stomach and Kamaria looked away as they kissed before seeing her father's hand join her mother's on his as of yet non-existent baby bump.

Kamaria was swept into another memory that had a heavily pregnant Snape laying on the sofa with Tom rubbing his stomach. "Now, my little one, you must be still and let your mum rest," Tom encouraged while stroking the bulging belly. Severus huffed out a laugh and pointed out, "Love, you do know that she will not listen to you, right? This little snitch will do whatever she pleases and that includes not allowing me to sleep at night; like those nocturnal vampires the Muggles have dreamed up.".


Tom rolled his eyes and teased, "Of course the little imp will listen to me. He'll be Daddy's boy, won't you?". Severus winced a little and rubbed his stomach. "You're irritating her, Tom. She doesn't appreciate being called a boy".


"Hmmph!" Tom pouted.


"You know, my little shell, your father and I will love you no matter what you are," Severus whispered as he stroked his bulging stomach once more.
Kamaria felt so much joy and love from this memory before she was pulled into another one; the day of her birth.

"One more push, darling! You can do it!"

"AHHHH!!!!"

"Waaa Waaa"

"Congratulations, gentlemen! You are now the parents of a healthy baby girl!" A bubbly nurse informed them. Lily, James, Narcissa, and Lucius entered the room and came closer to see the baby. She was curled up on Severus's chest with a pacifier in her mouth, fast asleep. Everyone was smiling at her before her name was announced after Narcissa asked. "Her name is Kamaria. Kamaria Elsie Amaya Prince-Slytherin," the two mates chorused, eyes pinned on their little star.



Newborn Kamaria

Kamaria barely registered anything before being forced into another memory; one she felt was darker than all the other ones she had seen.

"I had such a wonderful time with you tonight, husband mine. But I do miss our little girl," Severus told Tom as they walked home hand-in-hand; a fanged smile playing on his lips.


Tom nodded in agreement as they continued walking home. When they arrived at their manor, the two mates immediately felt that something was wrong: the wards were breached and the door was open. They turned to each other and said one word: "Kamaria!" before rushing into the house.


Arriving in their daughter's nursery, they saw that the elf watching their child lied on the floor dead; the crib was overturned and broken; there were books and toys scattered around the room; and the curtains were torn; but their daughter was nowhere to be seen.


"KIMMY!!" Severus yelled before collapsing to his knees as sobs wracked his slim frame; crying for his lost daughter. Tom held him close as tears silently fell from his eyes. The two mates and their friends searched and searched, but they all came up empty-handed. As the two mates laid in bed that night, Severus and Tom said softly as they cried themselves to sleep, "You're our shining star, Kimmy. And we'll
always love you."



Kamaria shot out of the Pensieve and into her mom's waiting arms. She promptly broke down crying and silently vowed that Dumbledore would die for every one of his crimes.


Severus pulled away after she calmed down and asked, "Are you okay, now, sweetie?"


Kamaria sniffled and wiped a stray tear before answering, "I'm okay, but I guess that I'm still in a little bit of shock from those memories. I got a letter from Auntie Lilian and a letter from Uncle James. I read Auntie's letter, but I never read Uncle James' letter."

She took the letter out of her pocket and opened it. The letter read:

" Dear Kimmy,

I know that we are not related by blood, but I love you just like my own daughter; me and Lilian both do. Lily and I are your secondary godparents as she stated in her letter, but I hope this doesn't change how you feel about us.

Dumbledore kidnapped you from Severus and Tom and brought you to us. We contacted Sev through a letter and let him know that we had you.


On Halloween, we were planning to return you to Slytherin's Keep Manor, but that traitorous rat, Peter, spied on us and overheard our plans to return you home.


That was the day that Albus attacked us. He killed me before I could draw my wand and then Lilian was next, after she bravely defied him. She threw herself between you and the curse, protecting you from all harm.


You're my little lioness, Kimmy. Prove that you can be the strong, brave, and smart young witch that I know you can be.

I love you so much, my little star, and I'm watching over you from above.

Lilian and I will see you when you, Tom, and Severus join us in the afterlife. But until then, know that we have and will always love you and we'll be waiting for you.

Love,
Uncle James AKA Uncle Prongs
"


Both Severus and Kamaria had tears running down their faces after they finished reading James' letter. But, Kamaria also felt as if a weight had been lifted off her shoulders.


Then, she turned and saw two photos on her mother's mantel. One of them was of him, Tom, Remus, Sirius, James, and Lilian after they graduated from Hogwarts. On the picture, six words appeared: "Best friends today, tomorrow, and always!" They were all smiling and laughing while holding each other in a group hug before waving at the camera.


The second picture was of the previous group, but she was in the picture as well as a baby. Next to them, were Lucius, Narcissa, and Draconis as a baby. The message said, "Welcome to the family, little star!". All of them were laughing and had big smiles on their faces.


Kamaria looked at the photos and smiled, knowing that her Uncle James and Auntie Lilian 'Lily' Potter will always be in her heart and memories; and their love for her will never be forgotten. It was thanks to their love for her that she was able to reunite with her mother and godparents.


"Goodbye, Uncle James; Auntie Lilian. I promise to be the best witch that I can be. I love you and I will miss you very much" Kamaria thought to herself.
To be continued...


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=3669