Hogwarts's Annual Snowball Fight by IrisBean
Summary: Hogwarts Annual Snowball Fight is happening and its Gryffindor VS Slytherin. What will happen when an amateur goes against the pro?
Categories: Snape Equal Status to Harry > Foes Snape and Harry, Teacher Snape > Professor Snape Main Characters: Fred George
Snape Flavour: Canon Snape
Genres: Action/Adventure
Media Type: None
Tags: None
Takes Place: None
Warnings: None
Prompts: Snowball Challenge
Challenges: Snowball Challenge
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 619 Read: 566 Published: 04 Jun 2021 Updated: 15 Jun 2021
Story Notes:
I do not own Harry Potter. Just the plot.

1. Hogwarts's Annual Snowball Fight by IrisBean

Hogwarts's Annual Snowball Fight by IrisBean
Author's Notes:
This is my first fanfiction ever! I hope you enjoy it.
Harry was relaxing by the fire in the Gryffindor Common Room, reading a book Hermione had given to him for Christmas, when "C'mon!" was shouted by Fred.

"Where are we going?" Harry asked.

"Outside!" Ron exclaimed, racing down the stair from the boys' dorm.

Hermione appeared at this moment and asked, "Is our match in the Hogwarts's annual Snowball fight today?"

George replied saying, "Yep"

Hermione looked excited, "I've read about it in Hogwarts: A History. It sounds spectacular. We're allowed to use magic on the snow!"

Harry was curious, "How is it different than a normal snowball fight? Other than the bewitched snowballs, of course."

Hermione responded, "Well, the heads of the houses play. They also make sure that no one gets hurt. Madam Hooch is the referee. It's kind of like muggle dodgeball, where if you get hit, you're out. There's a spell to make sure no one cheats. The fight today is Slytherins VS Gryffindor. Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff have already played, and Ravenclaw won. Whoever wins this game will play Ravenclaw. I'm not very good, but I heard that the Slytherins always win because of Professor Snape."

"But we're going to win this year!" Ron exclaimed, "We've got Harry!"

"But I've never played!"

"I know you'll do great!"

They raced outside after dressing in their warmest clothes, where the Slytherins were waiting outside.

Harry looked around to see who had come, and he saw Snape in the shadows. 'Probably ready to take points if he saw a Gryffindor hurting one of his precious Slytherins,' Harry thought bitterly. But Harry didn't let Snape spoil his good mood. He was about to have his first snowball fight, and he wanted it to be great.

Madam Hooch counted down then blew her whistle.

"Duck, Harry!" One Gryffindor yelled. Harry ducked in time to see Snape pointing his wand and an army of snowballs rushing towards a spot where his head was a second ago.

The game passed quickly, Harry dodging snowballs flung towards him by the Slytherins easily, using his seeker reflexes.

Harry realized that he and Snape were the only ones left. They both stared at each other for a second before coming to their senses. Snape raised his wand and started flinging bewitched snowballs at Harry. Harry was moving all over. Left and right, ducking and jumping. Snowballs were flying back and forth. Harry could hear the Gryffindor cheering his name and the Slytherins booing him. He was ready now. He decided he spent too much time stalling and grabbed a handful of snow. Harry ran up to Snape, and Snape stopped all his movements, stunned. Harry took his snowball and quickly flung it at Snape. It hit his face.

Harry barely heard the whistle blow, or Gryffindor announced the winner. He was too busy staring at Snape's face. His face was wet, and snow was dripping off. He looked mad. 'No, not mad,' Harry thought, 'livid.'

Harry was staring till his friends took him to go and warm up.

After changing out of his wet clothes, Harry walked down to the Great Hall for a cup of hot chocolate. He sat thinking about the snowball fight. 'It was epic! But what happened with Snape. he looked mad. I hope class won't get worse after. Maybe I should-'

Harry was pulled from his thoughts by a tap on his shoulder. He turned to see Snape.

"Mr. Potter. I have come to tell you that you did a good job today."

Harry's jaw dropped.

"There's no need to look so surprised, Potter."

Harry closed his mouth and replied, "Thanks, sir."

Snape looked Harry up and down and stalked away.

'Huh. That was strange. Maybe Snape's not so bad.'
The End.


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=3686