The Cat-Collar Charm by Kitthalia
Summary: When Harry was creeping around invisibly after curfew to take a bath with his golden egg, he never expected that he would wake up the next morning in the hospital wing with a charmed pet collar round his neck... But Moody had always been trigger-happy, and when Snape quite literally stumbled over Harry hexed into a staircase, the man wasn't exactly pleased to find him. Will Harry ever get him to take the charm off?
Categories: Teacher Snape > Professor Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required)
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Humor
Media Type: Story
Tags: None
Takes Place: 4th Year
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 7 Completed: Yes Word count: 18019 Read: 5775 Published: 10 Nov 2021 Updated: 08 Dec 2023
Epilogue by Kitthalia

Hogwarts vs Durmstrang Battle (But French Witch Takes The Cup!)

In a surprise ending to the Triwizard Tournament, Flore Delacour of Beauxbatons has been awarded the thousand-galleon prize.

“Both Diggory and Krum approached the centre of the maze at the same moment,” Flore Delacour said in her silvery tones, flicking her hair from her face with a flourish. “But while they were duelling each other a giant spider appeared. I saw my opportunity and took the cup while they were busy with it.”

The boy-who-lived-to-be-Hogwarts-Champion, Harry Potter, came onto the scene minutes later. 

“I heard a racket round the corner, and saw Cedric and Viktor Krum battling the Acromantula,” he said bravely, the tragic courage of his late parents filling his eyes. “I wouldn’t have noticed anything else except that a really flashy spell rebounded— except it didn’t look like anyone was there. But when I looked closer I could see a sort of shimmer, moving towards the cup.”

Is this rather underhanded tactic a sign that a different champion ought to have won?

Viktor Krum, quidditch sensation, stated that “the intensity of focus upon my task left me unaware of Delacour’s presence.”

“I think Fleur was very clever,” Diggoly said, wiping honest, hard-earned sweat from his brow. “It was a jolly good disillusionment charm— and Krum and I were evenly matched. Probably if she’d come a few minutes later she would have just been able to walk past our exhausted bodies!”

A Hufflepuffian sense of fairness, maybe? In any case, the Beauxbatons champion celebrated her winnings by kissing her family members on the cheek and commending the teachers of her school.

Article by Rita Skeeter

Photo: The four champions stand together, Fleur in the centre holding the cup. She has a streak of dirt on her nose and is grinning triumphantly. Behind her Viktor stands with his left arm in a sling, blank-faced until Cedric says something to him and they both begin laughing. Harry is beside Cedric and looks as if he is favouring his right leg; he wobbles a little and then all the other champions try to steady him, resulting in a tangle as they begin to fall. However, the photo loops back to the beginning before any of them sprawl on the ground.

The End.
End Notes:
And done! This story has taken me ages-- but the epilogue was written almost 2 years ago or something, it was the little bit just before the end that I got stuck on. I would be interested to hear what you think of the story as a whole-- does it work? It doesn't feel quite so cohesive as some of my others do...
Anyway, enough rambling-- hope you enjoyed it!


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=3723