Finding You Again by jjjm0808
Summary: Can old wounds be healed? Can Harry and Severus have a chance at being happy? Can Dumbledore stop being a meddling old coot?
Categories: Parental Snape > Biological Father Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required)
Snape Flavour: Snape Comforts, Snape is Kind, Snape is Loving, Overly-protective Snape, Snape is Stern
Genres: Drama, Family, Fluff
Media Type: None
Tags: Injured!Harry, Snape-meets-Dursleys
Takes Place: 1st Year
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys, Alcohol Use, Neglect
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 21 Completed: No Word count: 45475 Read: 21174 Published: 05 Jan 2022 Updated: 03 May 2022
Chapter 19 by jjjm0808
Author's Notes:
warning: mentions and short scene of abuse
December 24, 1991

Everything hurt. His back was sore, his arms were exhausted, his feet hurt, and his head felt like it was about to explode. Harry was lying on the thin mattress in his cupboard staring up at the ceiling and fidgeting with the bracelet on his wrist.

‘I can do this,’ he thought to himself. He had only been at the Dursleys for three days now, he didn’t want his dad to think he was a baby, he wanted his dad to think he was strong.

Harry’s thoughts were interrupted when he heard Dudley come down the stairs making sure to stomp with each step. Harry shut his eyes tightly and covered his ears. His head truly was pounding, and he felt achy all over. Harry thought that his uncle genuinely enjoyed using him as his punching bag to get his frustrations out because the first night he arrived back here, Uncle Vernon wasted no time in giving him a good beating to ‘knock some sense’ into him. Vernon had taken his belt to Harry’s back and backhanded him a few times. Aside from that, Harry had hardly had any food since he came back. They gave him one slice of toast in the morning and half a banana at night.

On the other hand, Aunt Petunia gave him a list of chores almost as tall as him the first night. Harry’s arms were so sore from scrubbing he’d be surprised if he didn’t add another kilogram of muscle in his forearms alone.

Before Harry knew it, the door to the cupboard swung open and Vernon was standing there with a look of disgust on his face. “Get up boy! You must get ready for dinner tonight! I want everything perfect for when Marge arrives!”

Harry inwardly groaned. His ‘Aunt’ Marge was coming tonight, and they always wanted a big dinner whenever she arrived. Harry slowly got out of the cupboard and adjusted to the sunlight outside. ‘Man, my head and body truly do hurt,’ he thought to himself. He felt extremely sluggish and felt as though he was exerting all his energy into just sitting up. He knew he just had to get through tonight and then he would be able to sleep in a little tomorrow since the Dursleys are more than likely to go out to breakfast.

Harry sighed as he checked the clock in the kitchen. 10:04 am. Marge would be here around 6 pm, so that truly meant he had to spend all day cooking. He walked over to the fridge and pulled out the beef for the Sunday roast, the potatoes, gravy, and then the Yorkshire pudding ingredients and got to work.

****

It was now 5:30 pm and Harry was putting the finishing touches on the food. He had only burned his hand once when Dudley ‘accidentally’ tripped him causing him to put his hand out on the hot stove.

Just as he had started to plate the food, the doorbell rang. “Get that boy!” Vernon shouted from the sitting room where he was watching the telly.

Harry sighed and walked over to the door to open it.

“Oh, you’re here,” Marge spat out. “I thought you would be away at that school of yours. I’m surprised they let you out.”

Harry didn’t feel like saying anything because he knew if he would, Vernon would for sure backhand him. He just moved out of the way and allowed Marge and Ripper into the house.

After everyone said their greetings, they all filed into the dining room to be served dinner. Harry felt the day’s work catch up to him and he had to admit that he really didn’t feel well. His throat was starting to hurt, his nose was beginning to get a little stuffy, and his body felt exhausted. He wanted to tell Petunia so that she would tell him to get away and to stay in his cupboard, but he knew Vernon liked to be waited on, especially when there is a guest.

Well, Harry now realized he should have done that because just as he was bringing the Sunday roast to the table, his body gave out and he fell over, sending the pot roast everywhere. The first person to scream was Dudley. A piece of beef landed on his lap and Ripper immediately charged at Dudley, knocking him off his chair. Ripper was tearing at Dudley’s trousers as Dudley tried to kick him off. Petunia screamed and Marge jumped up trying to get Ripper off him.

Even though Harry felt terrible, he had to admit the sight was very funny, so he allowed himself a small smile. When he looked up, his smile immediately fell, and he took a huge gulp of air.

Vernon’s face turned a new shade of purple and he was giving him a death glare. “You worthless, good for nothing, waste of space, freak!” Vernon shouted.

Harry scooted back trying to get away from his uncle, but surprisingly Vernon could be fast for a man his size.

Vernon grabbed Harry by the neck of his too-baggy shirt and lifted Harry off the ground to only slam him back down. “You ruin everything!” Vernon shouted again.

Harry winced. He had never seen Vernon this angry before, so he had to admit that he was scared now. “I want my dad, I want my dad, I want my dad,” Harry began to whisper.

“What’s that now? You want your dad? Yeah well, your dad isn’t coming!” Vernon shouted in Harry’s face. He grabbed Harry again by the arm and stood him up and slammed him into the wall so hard, Harry was sure he heard something in his back crack.

Harry let out a cry of pain and curled in on himself on the ground. Just as he did, he saw the bracelet on his wrist. ‘How do I get him again?’ Harry thought to himself. “Think Harry! Think!” he said aloud.

“Yes brat, think about how you’re going to pay!” Vernon said.

‘That’s it!’ Harry thought. He tapped the medallion three times and felt a warm sensation come over his arm as well as the bracelet begin to glow.

“I thought I told you no freakiness in this house!” Vernon bellowed.

He gave one swift kick of his leg to Harry’s ribs right before there was a thunderous crack and everything went black for Harry.
To be continued...


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=3751