Sev and Harry by Scott Berg
Summary: What will happen when a young Severus Snape wishes to be somewhere safe and finds himself in the last place he expects. Can he find friendship and how will it affect Harry Potter?
Categories: Reverse Roles > Big Brother Harry Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required)
Snape Flavour: Canon Snape, Snape Comforts
Genres: Hurt/Comfort
Media Type: None
Tags: Abuse Recovery, Alternate Universe, Time Travel
Takes Place: 6th Year
Warnings: Emotional Abuse, Neglect, Physical Abuse
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 9 Completed: Yes Word count: 36231 Read: 5786 Published: 18 Feb 2022 Updated: 19 Feb 2022
Chapter 2 by Scott Berg
Ron looks up at him from where he's standing waiting outside, Harry casts some privacy charms around them before turning to him "are you alright Harry? Look, I'm sorry if I went a bit far back there, but you've gotta admit that kid does look a lot like Snape."

"Ron, that is Snape" he replies coldly.

"Ha good one Harry, seriously though who is he?" he looks laughing but stops when he sees the expression on Harry's face and realises he's serious, his face drops "Oh no, you mean that was Snape in there? What did he do de-age himself or something?"

Harry nods, his face softening slightly with worry "that's what he said that he was Severus Snape. No, I don't think so, I mean I don't know, but I don't think so" he says slumping against the wall looking weary.

Ron's face pales, looking sick as he realises what he's just said and also slumps against the wall "You mean I just insulted Snape to his face, oh this is bad, I'm going to be gutting flobberworms till I graduate if he finds out"

"Ron, this is serious, I'd just convinced him to come to the hospital with me, when you walked in and came out with, whatever the hell that was!" he says, throwing his arms up in exasperation.

Ron looks up surprised "you're helping that greasy git after everything he's done, tormenting you and making your life miserable?! Harry, that's Snape!"

"That's not Snape!" he snaps back angrily, "at least not Snape as we know him. He's just a scared innocent kid. You shouldn't talk about him that way, you know my father used to torment him hexing him and calling him all sorts of horrible names like that. He's only human just like us and it really upsets him just like it would hurt you if someone said something like that about your family being poor" he says wondering whether that's part of the reason why the adult Snape is so bitter and acts so horribly towards the students, it certainly can't be nice overhearing students making nasty comments about you and your appearance.

Ron looks at him shocked, gaping "the poor kid was terrified, he'd just escaped his father trying to give him a beating and he prays to be somewhere safe. Where does he end up here in the Gryffindor dorm of all places! It'd be like you ending up back in Aragog's Lair covered in spiders. "

Ron shivers at that image "and who's the first face he sees, me the spitting image of my Dad but, older, one of the boys who relentlessly tormented him, he must have thought I was James about to beat him up it'd be like some kind of nightmare. That's why I need to get him down to the hospital, he'll be safer and besides I'm sure you don't want him sleeping in our dorm anymore than he does"

Ron takes this in visibly shaken, realising how his words must have sounded "I'm sorry Harry, I didn't realise it was just a joke I didn't think, I didn't mean to upset him. he says feeling ashamed

Harry sighs "it's ok, I know it was just a mistake"

Ron looks up determinedly "you're right we need to get him out of there before the others find out otherwise they'll have a field day. Do you have a plan to get him out?" he asks nervously.

"Yeah, I've got an idea, I just need to hope that hasn't knocked his confidence too much and he still trusts me. Just go downstairs and make sure no one comes up until I've got him out, and don't tell anyone"

Ron nods shakily "what about Hermione?"

He considers "ok maybe Hermione she may be able to help but, just be careful and make sure no one else hears" Ron nods again, turning unsteadily to leave "Ron" the boy turns "maybe it would be a good idea to tell Professor McGonagall as well she might know what to do" "right yeah" he says not looking forward to that conversation. Harry watches him then turns back, letting himself into the dorm quietly.

He sees a small face peeking out from the covers around one of the beds before ducking back as he walks around sitting near him "I'm sorry about that. That was my friend Ron, he's not normally like that in fact he's a pretty good friend most of the time he just sometimes acts without thinking, he didn't mean to upset you"

Sev nods, wiping a hand across his face "he's gone?" he asks.

"Yep, it's just us. I'm sorry, I should have realised we might be disturbed by my housemates, sorry. Ron's going to make sure no one else disturbs us"

"What did he mean when he said about me being Snape's son?" he asks, looking worried and confused.

"Uh nothing, just ignore that, forget it" Harry says, trying to dismiss it and move the conversation on to something else.

""Come on, I've got something to show you, I think you'll like this" he says encouragingly trying again, he walks over to his trunk and beckons him with a smile, he pauses hesitantly before giving him a small hesitant smile and following him over. He stands behind him trying to get a peek in the trunk as Harry rummages through it before finding something which he lifts out before lifting out a small shimmering bundle nestled in his arms. He looks at it curiously trying to figure out what it is as Harry turns to show him, he reaches out to touch it reverently sensing it's something very special, he's surprised how smooth and soft it feels.

"You know what this is?" Harry asks, he has an idea but shakes his head anyway, not daring to believe "you want to try it and see?" he looks up surprised at the gesture and nods.

Harry bends down unfolding the fabric and carefully drapes it over his shoulders, wrapping it around him and smoothing it out so everything below his shoulders is covered and steps back examining his work, Sev looks down at himself in shock, there's nothing but, the floor, he lifts his hands experimentally he can feel them but, sees nothing more than a small ripple of movement. He looks up at Harry in disbelief, a wild grin spreading across his face "it's an invisibility cloak isn't it?!"

Harry nods, smiling "pretty cool right?" Sev nods smiling, experimenting "reckon that should get you past my housemates without drawing any attention, you think?"

"Yeah" he replies, distracted thinking about how safe he feels hidden in the cloak, all the times he's wished to be invisible, all the fantastic things he could use the cloak for meeting Lily in secret, evading his tormentors, pranking the Marauders he thinks gleefully, exploring and learning new spells in secret. He looks up at Harry longingly, barely daring to ask in case his dreams are dashed "I don't suppose …" he starts trailing off.

Harry looks down at him before understanding the amazing possibilities he must be imagining, he sighs, hating to break his dreams, he kneels, catching his attention, "sorry afraid not, see this is very precious. It belonged to my Father, I never knew him so it means a lot to me. Besides, I think I'm going to need it. Sorry" he apologises an idea already forming in his mind, he notes the boy's visible disappointment, but he tries quickly to hide it.

"Here let's try this" Harry says gently adjusting the cloak and placing it over his head and wrapping it carefully around him, Sev pauses looking up in fascination at the strange patterns the stars and swirls like looking at the night sky from the hill near his house or the ceiling in the Great Hall and then when he refocuses he can see straight out as though there's nothing there at Harry who is smiling back. He gives him a minute to adjust "how's that when you feel ready to go?" he says kindly.

Sev looks back at him and steels himself "I think so" he says.

Harry nods approvingly "you'll be alright, just stay close to me and move quietly" he says, ushering him forward and quietly out of the dorm.
The End.


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=3762