Cantus Dimindium Argenteum by Mogu2mochi
Summary: When Harry was snatched and being hold in a cell by the death eaters, Snape is ordered to rescue him by any means.
As they recover, truths and revelations come to the surface. Along with matters of conflicts, family, duties and guilt.
The boy who lived, chained by a prophecy. And the spy, whose life soon to be owned thrice. Despite their grievances, their similarities create an unlikely bond between them.
“Without the sun, the moon, too, shall lose it’s light.” (Story starts at summer after year 4, and will continue till the end of deathly hallows)
Categories: Teacher Snape > Professor Snape, Healer Snape, Parental Snape > Guardian Snape, Teacher Snape > Trusted Mentor Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Draco, Dumbledore, Eileen Prince, Lucius, McGonagall, Narcissa, Original Character
Snape Flavour: Snape is Angry, Canon Snape, Snape Comforts, Snape is Depressed, Snape is Kind, Snape is Loving, Snape is Secretive
Genres: Angst, Family, Fluff, Horror, Hurt/Comfort, Supernatural
Media Type: None
Tags: Adoption, Alternate Universe, Hospitalization, Injured!Harry, Injured!Snape, Kidnapped, Kidnapped!Harry
Takes Place: 5th summer, 5th Year, 6th summer, 6th Year, 7th summer, 7th Year
Warnings: Character Death, Emotional Abuse, Out of Character, Panic attack, Physical Abuse, Profanity, Self-harm, Suicide Themes, Violence
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 15 Completed: No Word count: 66676 Read: 19567 Published: 12 Apr 2022 Updated: 19 Oct 2022
Story Notes:
Fic is originally posted on Ao3, now crossed posted onto fanfiction.net and here :)
There are illustrations by me starting from ch2, since I can’t upload them here into the chapters, do check them out in tumblr #CDA :)
I’m a non-English speaker, so any comments, criticisms and advice on writing are much appreciated, thank you for reading!
Ch 1 Impending by Mogu2mochi

It’s dark in here.

“Where am I?”

You felt the coldness on your cheek.
You realised you are lying down on the stone floor

“What happened?”

As you tried to sit up, you felt a small patch of your face pulled by the solidified matter.

Sounds of cracking joints echoed throughout the room, looking forward, a row of iron bars defined by a small hint of light. As you focus a bit more, the pain across your shoulders rushes back. Every inch of your body is left with a prickling sensation, just like when wearing the wool jumper you got last Christmas from Mrs Weasley, except a lot less pleasant. You tried to stand up, leaning against the wall, only to stumble as a force pulled your right hand with a loud clash.

The dampness in your hand and the smell of metal awakens your memory

“Oh.”

Dudley, dementors, magic…

A white doe

Hooded figures, masks…

Cruciatus, Voldemort.

Adrenaline rushes back like a crashing wave, You need to get out, You are in danger, You are going to die. Mustering all your energy, you stood up once more, ignoring the protests of your shoulder. At least the glasses are still intact, obscurity of vision is the last thing you want right now. Whipping your head around, what little light shone through the window above across the floor, towards the long desolate hallway outside your cell. “I’m alright.” you muttered to yourself, wishing to hear any form of sound other than your own thrumming heart bead and metal, yet attempts to do so would certainly lead to meeting him.

Surely you’re used to this kind of situation? Every year in Hogwarts there just has to be one near death experience right? First year there’s you burning Quirrell’s face off, then seeing Ginny’s still form as the memory of him taunts you, being held back while witnessing the transformation of a werewolf, then before summer there's Cedric…

You don’t want to think about it anymore.

You felt some morbid comfort for your past self, that at least you had someone, or something next to you during the turmoils.

Now there’s only you.

You wanted to scream for help, you hated being alone, You wanted to feel the freedom of being on the broom, being looked at with pride by Mcgonagall as you caught the snitch, the feeling of being missed and wanted by Sirius, you wanted the smell of warm tea at the burrow, the friendly smiles of the Weasleys. Just like what you saw in mirror of Erised.

“Help…” a whisper came out of your dried throat.

you hope that aunt Petunia would just suddenly appear and demand you out to weed the garden, you want Hermoine to bug you about the overdue 2 feet long transfiguration essay. You wished to hear Malfoy bragging about his father’s position in the ministry. You wanted to be called a dunderhead by…

Snape…

Snape.

Rage coursed through your veins.

“Traitor.”

You remembered the ominous mark of skull and serpent of that porcelain arm, black tunnels constantly aware of everything, the hooked nose, clumps of hair that curtains his facial features that seemed to only express his discontent. You imagine him making some sort of potent poison the tortures the drinker endlessly while laughing in the dungeons, you imagine his satisfaction when receiving the news of your demise, you imagine him controlling other people under the commands of Voldemort.

Tears of anger and fear slowly flow, melting away the dried blood on your chin, you wonder how Snape would react if he sees it, the iconic sneer, spewing “Pathetic, like your father” in the tone of disgust exclusive to you from day 1. For once you really wanted to kill someone, you chuckled, knowing that day would never come. Resting your head on the metal bars, it’s coldly familiar, like what you have been feeling in potions class. Thinking of your parents’ smiles, whatever survival instincts seemed to have left your mind.


Until light shone through the door at the end of the hallway.
To be continued...


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=3772