Pawned by Skylar Kay Nash
Summary: In desperate need of funds, Snape begrudgingly pawned the watch his mother had given him when he came of age, but he'd still recognize it anywhere. When he sees that Harry Potter has donned this all these years later, he is willing to do whatever it takes to retrieve it.
Categories: Parental Snape > Guardian Snape, Misc > All written in Snape's POV Main Characters: None
Snape Flavour: Snape is Desperate
Genres: Drama
Media Type: None
Tags: Adoption
Takes Place: 6th Year
Warnings: Self-harm
Prompts: Pawnshop
Challenges: Pawnshop
Series: None
Chapters: 5 Completed: No Word count: 1708 Read: 2668 Published: 18 Oct 2022 Updated: 27 Oct 2022
Story Notes:
Here's the timeline.
The Watch by Skylar Kay Nash
It was 1977. I had to make some money to get new robes. Second hand robes in seventh year would be awful. It was bad enough I was getting everything else second hand, but I could hardly afford second hand robes anyway.

I had to do something. So I went into Borgin and Burkes to pawn my prized possession. My mother gave me a watch for my seventeenth birthday.

It was everything to me, but it was all I had of Value. So I sold it. I loved it so much, I was sure if ever I saw it again, I'd recognize it.

I only hoped I'd retrieve it one day.


1996. I was not looking forward to my 6th year Defense Against the Dark Arts Class. True, I finally got my ideal job, which meant Dumbledore trusted me, but I thought I finally got rid of Potter. But, he did get outstanding in his DADA Owl examinations last year.

As the class filed in, I noticed Potter had a new watch. Well, relatively new. The face was scratched. Then I realized. It was the watch. The one I sold 19 years ago.

Here it was. And he had it. Potter of all people. I watched him closely throughout the class. He put his wand tip to the glass, absentmindedly. I took a sharp breath. He muttered a charm. Reparo, but nothing happened.

He sighed. I let out a breath of relief. He was only trying to fix it. At least no harm was done. I knew how to fix it, but how to get it?

I wasn't sure he'd believe I'd return it, which I wouldn't, but I needed it back. It was from my mother. For the next several days, I watched him more closely than usual, to the point where Dumbledore called me to his office.

I was under the impression he thought I was obsessed with the boy. It wasn't him, it was my watch. I needed it back.
I was going to get it back.
To be continued...
End Notes:
What would you like to see snape try to get the watch? What do you think he should try? Comment your thoughts down below.

Also, I just revised and edited it to match the Preferred standards.


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=3799