Pawned by Skylar Kay Nash
Summary: In desperate need of funds, Snape begrudgingly pawned the watch his mother had given him when he came of age, but he'd still recognize it anywhere. When he sees that Harry Potter has donned this all these years later, he is willing to do whatever it takes to retrieve it.
Categories: Parental Snape > Guardian Snape, Misc > All written in Snape's POV Main Characters: None
Snape Flavour: Snape is Desperate
Genres: Drama
Media Type: None
Tags: Adoption
Takes Place: 6th Year
Warnings: Self-harm
Prompts: Pawnshop
Challenges: Pawnshop
Series: None
Chapters: 5 Completed: No Word count: 1708 Read: 2664 Published: 18 Oct 2022 Updated: 27 Oct 2022
Watched by Skylar Kay Nash
Author's Notes:
Another chapter, my faithful readers.
I walked into the locker room, opened his locker, and saw some battered objects. There was a book, roughly bound in leather, a different beaten watch, which I supposed is why he bought this one, my watch.

I found a ripped picture of Lily, a letter to someone named snuffles.
Someone cleared their throat behind me. I jumped and turned. Albus.

"Severus, it is against the school policy to steal." He said softly, his piercing blue eyes seem to x-ray me. It was like he knew what I was thinking.

"Headmaster, I-" I began, but he raised a hand to silence me.

"I know why you're here, Severus. I know what you came for. But it is his now." Albus told me.

I looked at my feet. I didn't know what to say.

"Severus, you've been practically following him everywhere, and neglecting a job I have given you." Albus added. He sounded disappointed in me, which was worse than if he had yelled. I'd rather he yelled.

It would have made things much simpler. But Albus never yelled at me. Albus took out a quill and parchment, and began to write.

I watched, confused by his reaction. He slipped it in the locker beside me, and closed it. I followed him out, and we watched the rest of the game.

It was dull, especially as I had been thwarted. The watch would be mine, It had to be. After the game, I went to my office.

It was an hour or so later that there came a timid knock on my door. There was Harry Potter, something clutched in his hand. He had my watch on his wrist again.

It was all I could do not to confund him into giving it to me then and there.

"Professor? Professor Dumbledore told me you could fix my watch. It was a gift from Hermione, and it broke in a Quidditch game. Would you?" He asked, opening his hands, and showing me the battered watch I had seen earlier.

I nodded, and he handed it to me. I figured he'd already tried a repairing charm, so I resolved to fix it manually.

Maybe, by fixing this, he'd give me mine back willingly. If I am right, I'll never sell it again.
To be continued...
End Notes:
Revised and edited.


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=3799