If Only by Skylar Kay Nash
Summary: Severus meets the Dursleys, as he is to accompany Harry Potter to Hogwarts. He is shown where Harry sleeps and is infuriated by the treatment the boy has received. Read on to see just how far he'll go to save Harry.
Categories: Teacher Snape > Trusted Mentor Snape, Parental Snape > Guardian Snape Main Characters: Vernon
Snape Flavour: Snape Comforts
Genres: Family
Media Type: None
Tags: Snape-meets-Dursleys
Takes Place: 1st summer before Hogwarts
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 2 Completed: No Word count: 1303 Read: 1742 Published: 19 Oct 2022 Updated: 24 Oct 2022
Story Notes:
It gets worse.

1. The Dursleys by Skylar Kay Nash

2. Draco Malfoy by Skylar Kay Nash

The Dursleys by Skylar Kay Nash
Author's Notes:
Aw, the adventure begins.
Severus grumbled under his breath. Albus decided he was to get Harry from the Dursleys. Why? He didn't understand. Still, Albus wanted him to do it, and so he would.

The little boy was probably spoiled rotten like his parents before him. Snape shuddered at the thought. He walked up Privet Drive, and mused over how neat the yard was. Not a stray leaf. Obviously these people had a servant.


He rang the doorbell. A large, beefy man, looking somewhat like a walrus, with hardly any neck, and a large moustache answered the door.

"Hello. You must be Vernon Dursley." Snape said cordially.

"Who the ruddy hell are you?" Vernon demanded.

"I'm here to see a boy, his name is Harry Potter. I was under the impression he lived here." Snape replied curtly.

"Yeah, he does." Vernon answered, and allowed Snape in.
Inexplicably, Vernon began to pound on what looked like a cupboard.

A small, wiry and thin boy with black messy hair, and bright green almond shaped eyes came out. He cowered at the sight of Vernon.

"Yes sir?" He squeaked. Snape eyed Vernon, shocked. He decided on a new course of action.
"Is there somewhere we can all sit down and discuss Potter?" Severus asked, deciding for a more professional manner.

Uncle Vernon nodded, and dragged Harry out of the cupboard by his hair. He flung him into a sitting room, where the boy cowered in a corner.
Severus sat down on a couch, as Vernon settled himself in a comfortable armchair.

"What do you want with him?" Vernon demanded.

"I am a representative from St. Brutus's Center for Incurably Criminal Boys. I have come because there is a place for him there." Severus said. Vernons face lit up. He was clearly delighted.


"You mean, I can finally get rid of the brat?" He asked hopefully.

"Of course. He will be removed from the household, and if you'd prefer, he shall never return." Severus said politely.

Vernon was quivering with excitement.

"He's all yours." He said, beaming.

Severus nodded. "Let's get going then. Come on boy." Severus said to Harry coldly. He felt bad for the way he was treating the boy, but he needed to keep the act going.

The boy bowed his head, and did as he was told. Severus led him out of the house, watched gleefully by the muggle family, and soon, they were out of view from them.

"What have I done to be going to St. Brutus's?" The boy asked timidly.

"You aren't going there. You're actually coming with me to Diagon alley, but I'll better be able to explain out of earshot of all these muggles." Severus said softly.

Harry nodded glumly. He still seemed afraid. Severus led him into an Ice cream parlour.

"I apologize for my treatment of you in front of the muggles. They would not have allowed you to come with me otherwise." Severus told Harry gently.

Harry nodded timidly. "What would you like?" Severus asked Harry, gesturing to the different Ice Cream flavours.

Harry looked up, not daring to believe his ears.


"It's your eleventh birthday, isn't it?" Severus added.

Harry nodded, then turned to the smiling lady, waiting to serve Harry.

"I've never been allowed ice cream before." He told severus in an undertone.

"That much, is quite plain. You can have whatever you'd like." He told Harry, and Harry ordered a chocolate cone.

Severus paid, and handed a very happy Harry potter his Ice cream. Harry was delighted further by the prospect of never seeing the Dursleys again.


Then, Severus led Harry to a taxi cab, and they went to Charing cross road. Severus led Harry into the Leaky Cauldron, where they sat at a booth, and Severus ordered two butterbeers.

Severus then handed Harry his acceptance letter. As Harry read, many of the people in the pub were starting to notice him, and hushed whispers followed their stares.


"I don't understand." Harry said, once he finished reading.

"You're a wizard, Harry." Severus beamed. Harry looked more confused.

"I think you've got the wrong kid. There's nothing special about me." Harry said. He looked sad now.

"Before we came in here, did you see the sign?" Severus asked.
Harry nodded.

"You're a wizard." Severus replied.

"How does that make me a wizard?" Harry asked.

"Muggles can't. his pub is only visible to witches and wizards. Besides, you are the son of two wizards. A muggle born, and a pureblood." Severus explained.

"Your name has been in the Hogwarts books since you were born. Lastly, you've made things happen before, that you couldn't explain." He added. Harry looked a lot more cheerful.

"Am I really a wizard?" He asked, sounding hopeful. Severus nodded. "You will be attending Hogwarts, and I will be your Teacher. I am Severus Snape. I teach potions at Hogwarts. While you are there, Hogwarts will be your home." Severus told him, with a smile.

"If Hogwarts is a school, where will I go in the summer?" Harry asked.

"I will figure that out. Rest assured, I will never allow those muggles to harm you ever again." Severus told Harry. Harry grinned.

"After I finish explaining the details, we will go into Diagon Alley, and get your school things. I daresay you'll be pleased to see Diagon Alley." Severus added.

"I can't wait to see Hogwarts! And I want to be the best Potions student you have. You are the nicest man I ever met." Harry beamed.

"If that is what you want, I can assist you." Severus replied.
To be continued...
End Notes:
More to follow.
Draco Malfoy by Skylar Kay Nash
Author's Notes:
Hehe
Draco Malfoy was in Madam Malkins. The bells chimed. As he turned, he saw Professor Snape. Father had had him over for dinner on occasions.

And then there was a boy with him. He looked positively delighted. Draco watched as the boy was brought to the stand next to him, and Madam Malkin began fitting him for robes.

"He's your father?" Draco asked the boy. He shook his head.

"I don't have a father." he replied. Draco considered this.

"Why are you here with him?" Draco pressed.

"He's going to take me to Hogwarts." Harry said.

"I'm going to Hogwarts too! Do you play Quidditch?" Draco asked. The boy again, shook his head.

"No. I was brought up by muggles. They're too stupid to comprehend anything other than my cousin." The boy replied. Draco smirked.

"Are they really?" He asked. Harry nodded.

"Professor Snape has told me about Quidditch. I'd like to play Seeker. He said that was the hardest position." The boy told Draco.

Draco grinned. They continued chatting delightedly to each other, all the way out of the Shop, Professor Snape watching them, seemingly satisfied. A blonde woman, Draco's mother, came out of a shop. She saw her son and Harry, and she beamed.

"Made a friend?" She asked her son. Draco nodded.

"This is my mother." He told Harry.

"My name's Harry." Harry told her. She looked at him in confusion.

"Harry Potter?" She asked. Harry nodded. She grinned.

"I have heard quite a bit about you." She told Harry. It was his turn to be confused.

"He doesn't know." Snape told Narcissa. She turned to him.

"Really?" She asked. Harry looked between them. He seemed to be the only one confused.

"The muggles have told him nothing, despite their illicit instructions. I was going to explain everything tonight." Severus added. She nodded.

"Come along Draco. Harry, dear, if you'd like, you may visit anytime." She told Harry. Draco positively beamed.

"See ya at Hogwarts." He said. Harry grinned.

"You too, Draco!" Harry said. Snape smiled.

"You've already made a friend. Your time at hogwarts will be rather delightful." He said. And with the promise that Professor Snape would fill him in that evening, Harry finished the rest of his shopping rather cheerfully.
To be continued...
End Notes:
What do ya think?

Revised, edited, and Improved.


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=3800