The Dueling Champion by Skylar Kay Nash
Summary: Harry was chosen for the Wizards Dueling tournament. The best two witches and wizards from each wizarding school was selected. Severus proposed the idea, but he couldn't have foreseen the wild events that take place.
Categories: Teacher Snape > Trusted Mentor Snape Main Characters: Draco
Snape Flavour: Snape is Stern
Genres: Drama
Media Type: None
Tags: Spying on Harry! Snape
Takes Place: 5th Year
Warnings: None
Prompts: Duelling Tournament
Challenges: Duelling Tournament
Series: None
Chapters: 4 Completed: No Word count: 875 Read: 1436 Published: 25 Oct 2022 Updated: 11 Nov 2022
Realization by Skylar Kay Nash
Harry and Draco hadn't spoken since that incident. harry still seemed to be having nightmares, though Draco soon learned to place a silencing charm around Harry's bed.

After two more rounds, there were 6 duelers left, and then a Durmstrang student used an unforgivable curse on Harry. Crucio. Harry writhed in pain.

Before Snape could do anything, Draco had. He stunned the Durmstrang student, and went straight to Harry's side. Harry looked up, in shock.

"You alright, Potter?" He asked. Harry nodded.

"What is the meaning of this?" Severus snapped at the headmaster of Durmstrang, Karkaroff.

"He wanted to win the duel." Karkaroff replied.

"That is an illegal spell. He is not allowed to do such curses." Severus replied.

"Not according to wizarding law, he's not, but the rules of the dueling match never said no to that one." Karkaroff replied.

"The rules say no illegal spells!" Severus replied.

"Where?" Karkaroff asked.

Ludo Bagman brought the rule book forward, and severus turned to the page, and shoved it under Karkaroff's nose.

Karkaroff had more excuses. In the end, that student was sent to the Death Eaters, and Durmstrang was banned from participating in anymore interschool magical sports.

Harry went back to the room he shared with Draco. When he entered, He saw Draco as he was changing his shirt.

His back was littered with bruises and scars. Movement seemed to hurt him, and Draco didn't seem to notice that Harry was in the room.

Draco turned, and froze. He and Harry stared at each other in awkward silence for several minutes.

"What, Potter?" Draco asked.

"Who did that to you?"

"Doesn't matter."

"Yes it does."

"Potter, I thought I was nothing but an over pampered brat to you." Draco snapped.

"Yeah, I did too, but not if someone's beating on you." Harry said.

"Potter, Honestly, doesn't matter. I'm fine." Draco sighed, wearily.
To be continued...


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=3805