Forbidden Secrets by Skylar Kay Nash
Summary: Lily had an affair with Severus, and the son she bore as a result, was widely believed to be her husband's, not her childhood friend's. Now that Secret comes to light when a certain reporter finds a letter that never wound up getting sent.
Categories: Parental Snape > Biological Father Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required)
Snape Flavour: Snape is Angry
Genres: Drama
Media Type: None
Tags: Abuse Recovery
Takes Place: 4th Year
Warnings: Self-harm
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: No Word count: 461 Read: 990 Published: 25 Oct 2022 Updated: 25 Oct 2022
The Truth by Skylar Kay Nash

It had been a rough night, what with the order being picked off one by one, and James out there risking life and limb, Lily was frustrated.

She decided to go out for a drink, where she had run into her old friend, Severus Snape. They got to talking, one thing led to another, and Lily woke in his arms.

Ashamed, she fled, and decided to never tell anyone. She repeated those events, but sober, and with her husband, so if she wound up pregnant, she could say it was his baby, and never suffer the shame of the affair.

She decided to write to her mother for advice......

1994. Harry was avoiding everyone's eyes. Rita Skeeter was making a big show out of him. Last he knew, she had written that he cried himself to sleep every night, and was haunted by his past.

What, was it the night parents died that she was referring to? He couldn't even remember it. Not really. Point was, she made him out to be a child.

This morning however, everyone kept looking between him and professor Snape, and wondering if it could be true. Hermione and Ron looked uneasy whenever in Harry's company.

Ginny stayed well away. It wasn't until Dumbledore called Harry to his office that he was enlightened.

"Harry, as you know, Rita published a new article this morning. About you." Dumbledore said softly. Harry nodded.

"What'd she write this time?" Harry asked glumly. Just then, Professor Snape entered.

"You called me, Albus?" He asked, his eyes on harry.

"Yes. I would like to see if it's true. If so, Harry may be able to keep his protections, and leave the Dursleys permanently. Was what Lily's letter contained true?" Albus asked Severus.

Harry was confused. what did a letter his mother wrote have anything to do with this? And where would Harry be going if not to the Dursleys?

"Yes." Severus mumbled quietly.

"I would like the both of you to have a DNA test done. If what she wrote is true, not only would it be a first, but this would also greatly simplify matters." Dumbledore said calmly.

Both agreed, although Harry was now even more confused. What was going on.

Two days later, they received the results. "Severus, you are Harry's father. Not James." Dumbledore told Severus in confidence.

Snape considered this. "Then why does he look like james?" He asked.

"Maybe we all just assumed that's where he got his hair from." Dumbledore shrugged.

"He is no way whatsoever related to James, and I believe, that should make things better." He added.

"So, he's mine and Lily's son?" Snape asked, and he seemed to have an increasing excitement.

"Yes." Dumbledore answered, smiling smugly.

To be continued...
End Notes:
Just another thing. Harry is an excellent potions master, like his parents.

Updated.


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=3807