Harry Potter and the Unexpected Summer by Iris
Summary: Harry blows up Aunt Marge, and runs away just a week into the summer holiday. The Dursleys are livid and downright refuse to take Harry back for the summer. Unfortunately, both Ron and Hermione have gone on holiday. Because of this, Dumbledore decides that the best place for Harry to stay is with a certain potions master. As one might imagine, neither one are particularly pleased about the arrangement. Draco, who is also staying with Professor Snape this summer, is of course not happy with this, at least not to begin with.

As always, when Harry Potter is involved, nothing works out quite as intended. Can the three of them learn to get along? And what happens when Snape’s punishment causes a rather unexpected accident?
Categories: Teacher Snape > Professor Snape, Parental Snape > Guardian Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Draco
Snape Flavour: Snape is Angry, Canon Snape, Snape is Kind, Snape is Mean, Out of Character Snape, Snape is Stern
Genres: Family, Fluff, General
Media Type: None
Tags: Child fic, Deaged!Harry, Deaging
Takes Place: 3rd summer
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys, Alcohol Use, Drug use, Emotional Abuse, Physical Abuse, Profanity, Violence
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 8 Completed: No Word count: 27780 Read: 14022 Published: 01 Nov 2022 Updated: 26 Feb 2023
Chapter 4 Snape’s punishment by Iris
Severus Snape stood in the doorway of a mid sized modern house. When he had gone to check on Draco half an hour ago he had not been able to locate him in the house. He had decided to see if he had gone to sleep due to the fact that he hadn’t seen him at all since dinner. When he had concluded that Draco was indeed not in the house, he had begrudgingly gone to see if Potter was there. He had no affection what so ever for the brat, but the idiot boy was after all his responsibility.
When neither he could be located he had started to get a bit uneasy. There was a killer on the loose, a murderer with a mission to kill this exact brat. Severus Snape was a man of preparation and well organized actions, luckily for him he had already cast a tracking charm on the two boys.
Now he stood in the doorway of this house, looking down at his drunken godson and could feel the anger in him flare up.
He took his godson by the arm and dragged him outside.

"And pray tell, what is the meaning of this Draco?" He said in an ice cold dangerous voice. He could feel Draco shudder beneath his grasp. Good.

"I..uh.. We just.." Draco seemed to have trouble stringing to words together. By the smell of it it didn’t seem alcohol was the only substance he had inhaled tonight. This of course made him furious, but he knew that now was not the time to rage towards his godson. With a tremendous effort he stomped his ire down.

"Stay here" he said coldly to the young teen.

Inside he walked towards the Potter brat and shook him none to gently. This was probably that obnoxious, arrogant, little squirts fault. He of course knew that this probably wasn’t the facts, at least not all the facts, but he did not care one bit.

"Potter!" He roared in his ear. No reaction what so ever.
Hi used two fingers to take the boys pulse, he was at least alive and didn’t seem to be in any immediate danger. He shook the boy again, but got no reaction this time either. He looked down at the boy, he was quite small, had he not known he would never have guessed that he was thirteen. In his sleep he looked almost innocent, but he of course knew better than to believe this deceptiveness. Severus knew what it was that he must do, and he felt disgruntled at the mere thought. With a sigh he took himself together and picked up the child. The immediate aroma of alcohol and weed was in the air and made his fury burn inside like white hot flames, he again suppressed the feelings of anger.
To his surprise the boy in his arms was very light. He of course wouldn’t have expected him to be heavy, but the child was troublingly light, like someone had casted a feather light charm on him. He shrugged it off, and strode irritably out the door.

Outside Malfoy had fallen to the ground and was struggling to get up. Severus sighed, and with one arm lifted the boy up in a standing position. Draco stumbled a few steps forward and had it not been for the fact that Severus once again grabbed him he would have collapsed painfully with the ground beneath.

A slow 10minutes walk later they were finally home. Severus placed Potter on the couch, then followed Draco who stumbled towards the stairs. He would prefer it if the idiot child didn’t manage to break his neck on the way up, he much rather desired to do it himself. Tomorrow they were both going to get it so thoroughly they were going to think twice before doing something so stupid again.
_____

Harry woke up with tremendous discomfort in his whole body. His head hurt like hell, he felt like he would throw up at any moment, his body had a overall sluggish feel to it, and his bladder was on the verge of bursting. He hastily stood up from the bed, and almost collapsed straight into the floor. The whole room was spinning before his eyes, black dots were prickling at the edge of his vision. His stomach were churning and he felt like he was on the edge of throwing up right there on the floor. He pressed his legs firmly together, denying his bladder the relief it so desperate needed.
Harry grabbed the door handle, and with his mind set he hurried the few steps towards the nearest bathroom. It was no easy task, his body refused to listen to his mind, and the floor seemed to rock like a boat at sea. Despite this he managed to get inside at the last moment. He collapsed down at the toilet, but the blissful relief did not last long. His turning stomach was on the brink of emptying itself. He finished up as fast as he could, all the while feeling the bile raising in his throat. As he finally sank to his knees in front of the toilet, his whole stomach wrenched itself out, and he was violently sick.

Ten minutes later he sat exhausted at the bathroom floor, he would never drink alcohol ever again. His head still felt like someone had cut it right open, and his thoughts made no sense at all. The world around him was working in slow motion, or maybe it was his brain, or his body? He didn’t know. He couldn’t remember how he got home last night, but it hurt too much to think.
There was a knock at the bathroom door. Harry felt his whole body freeze to ice, Snape could not know of yesterday’s events could he? Another knock sounded.

"Yeah?" Harry answered in a small raspy voice.

"Is everything okay, Potter?" The professor spat coldly.

"Yes, everything is fine" Harry tried to sound confident and energetic, but failed miserably.

"I’m coming in" The professor still spoke in a cold emotionless voice, but there was less venom in it than it had been since the start of summer.

"There is really no need, I’m fine, sir" Harry tried to argue to no avail.

He heard a muttered Alohomora, but even so he could not even muster the energy to get off the floor. He knew he had to be a pathetic sight, sitting at the floor in his pj’s, probably with a sickly white tinge to his face and dark circles under his eyes.
Snape opened the door and stepped inside, he stood and considered him for a while before taking a few steps towards him. To Harry’s astonishment he didn’t even come with any snide remarks, and although he looked slightly displeased he did not look nearly as angry or surprised as he should have been. That had to mean that he did know what he and Malfoy had been up to yesterday, it still did not explain the lack of cold fury in his eyes though.
Harry watched apprehensively as Snape walked up to him, he still did not trust him in the least. Snape was again wearing muggle clothing, he stood there in dark trousers and a white sweater with his hair tied back. It again hit him how different he looked from when he was at school. It was really fucking with his head to see him like this. He flinched as Snape reached out an arm and placed it under his armpit. His face grew hot from embarrassment, but for once he was in too bad of a shape to care much about it. At his flinch Snape had stopped momentary to considering him, but was now pulling him upright with one hand. The professor let go of him as soon as he was standing, almost like he was afraid of catching some nasty bug from being in the close proximity of his most hated student.
Harry swayed as the world around him spun, the black blotches in his vision were growing from the corners, creeping towards the center. He felt his professor take ahold of him right when he felt his knees trying to give out.

Harry tried to get himself together, and after a few minutes the world around him slowed to a holt and he was able to see a bit more clearly. Snape dragged him towards the stairs, and begrudgingly Harry started to walk down them. A couple of times he lost his balance and was about to fall, but every time his professor grabbed his shoulder, preventing him from tumbling down the hard flight of stairs. In the kitchen Snape let go of him, pointed at one of the seats and muttered a cool “sit”.

Harry sat down across from Malfoy and gave him a once over. Malfoy looked just as bad as he felt, he was ghostly pale with purple bags under his eyes and a faint green tinge to his face. His shoulders hung forwards, and his whole body was slacking together like a sack of potatoes. Their eyes met for a moment, and they gave each other a faint nod, neither with any of the usual surliness.

"Your behavior last night was astonishingly repulsing" Snape snarled at them. He walked closer to Harry and leaned down.
"Did it ever cross your mind Potter, that you should not be out alone after dark?" Harry was about to open his mouth to say that he wasn’t alone when Snape interrupted.

"Tell me, what is the reason I have to tolerate your obtuse presence in my home for the time being?" He snarled.
Harry could not get his thoughts together, his mind was completely blank.

"Well uh.. Dumbledoor said..?"

"You foolish brat, did It not cross that tiny space you call a brain that a raging lunatic currently are trying to get his hands on you?" Snape growled.
Truthfully Harry had completely forgotten all about Sirius Black. He did realize that he should have been a bit more careful, but was it really that big of a deal? He couldn’t know where he currently was could he?

"Eh..no.."
Snape glared at him once more before turning to Malfoy.

"And you Draco, I must say I thought you had more sense than this. Are you a complete dunderhead? Do you not think at all before acting?" Snape hissed in a low dangerous tone.
Draco looked like he didn’t know what to say, and ended up picking nervously at his sleeve instead of answering.
Snape’s dragged a hand down his face and looked utterly dissatisfied while mumbling;
"Merlin, save me from idiotic children.."

"I have not yet even mentioned the fact that you two imbeciles, along with most of your vacuous companions, are thirteen, or about to turn thirteen" Snape struck them both with an enraged glare. "If I ever catch either one of you in such a situation again you will thoroughly regret it" he finished with in a soft, dangerous voice that gave Harry chills.

"You both have behaved in a manner I would not have expected of either of you" At this he looked menacingly at Harry. "And that is saying something, if we are to consider past events."

Snape slammed down two vials at the breakfast table, one in front of each of them.
"You are to drink this and eat your breakfast."
Snape gave them both a dangerous scowl.

"Afterwards you are to clean the dungeons from floor to roof, everything shall be shining and spotless when I come down to check"
With that he turned and stormed out from the kitchen.

Harry looked up at Malfoy, he had taken the vial and was pulling the cork out.
"Huh, I guess we couldn’t have hoped for him to take it much better than that. Bottoms up then." He mumbled towards Harry.
Harry took the vial and studied it, it was a dark emerald green liquid with streaks of purple swirling inside. He opened it and took a sniff, it smelled quite nicely actually, a bit like chamomile and lime. He was still in bad shape, he was tired and his head thumped. He didn’t want to cross his professor more than he already had, so after a last sniff at the potion he chugged the whole vial. The effects were imitate, the headache calmed down to a mild ache, his vision cleared considerably, and his nausea was almost gone. He couldn’t help but be both thankful and astonished of the professor.
Despite the potion, the lingering effects of the night before would not quite leave their bodies, neither of them could get much breakfast down. After a few nibbles of toast each they decided they might as well get down to it. With that, they stood up and headed towards the basement lab.
_____

The cleaning was tedious work, but Harry wasn’t about to complain. He had been expecting a much worse punishment than this, he would have thought that he at least should have gotten a thorough beating, but Snape hadn’t given him anything of the sort. The basement was dirty though, and if they were to finish anytime today they really had to work efficiently. This task was considerably harder due to the fact that they both were stumbling around like the alcohol still had not left their bodies. Their minds were slow, and their movements sluggish.
So far they had cleaned almost half of the shelf’s, and at the moment they were moving all the potions and ingredients at one of the last ones so they could clean thoroughly behind it.
Working with Malfoy actually hadn’t been too bad, he was acting a whole lot different than he did at school, and they were both getting along quite nicely. Neither had said very much, but they had come to an unspoken agreement that this was the best way to get through the current task with the present shape that they were both in.

Harry had just placed the jar of nicotine horns in between the phoenix tears and a light purple potion when Draco blurted out something about not placing those two ingredients so close to each other. He was bumbling towards the table full off potions and ingredients when he suddenly lost his balance and stumbled. He tumbled straight into the table, and the table shook violently, causing many of the bottles and jars to topple over or break.
A dark gray stream with daisy-root chunks met a purple thick goo, when a third stream of clear blue flowing liquid splashed into the mix an ear wrecking explosion took place.
They had just enough time to catch each others surprised gaze before they each got a face full of the hot exploding jumble. The momentum of the mixture threw them of their feet, and they were thrown to the ground. Neither of the two boys heard the labdoor slam open, nor did they hear their potionmasters exasperated and agitated voice.
"Merlin save me from this idiotic children! Not a single moment of peace with these moronic dullards!"
"What have you two dunderheads managed to do this time?" He thundered.
Then the potion master stilled as he saw the full extent of this unexpected incident.

"Oh my..fuck"
To be continued...
End Notes:
Heheh, what do you guys think will happen to them?🤪
Next chapter might take a few days, but I will of course try to finish soon!


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=3812