Harry Potter and the Unexpected Summer by Iris
Summary: Harry blows up Aunt Marge, and runs away just a week into the summer holiday. The Dursleys are livid and downright refuse to take Harry back for the summer. Unfortunately, both Ron and Hermione have gone on holiday. Because of this, Dumbledore decides that the best place for Harry to stay is with a certain potions master. As one might imagine, neither one are particularly pleased about the arrangement. Draco, who is also staying with Professor Snape this summer, is of course not happy with this, at least not to begin with.

As always, when Harry Potter is involved, nothing works out quite as intended. Can the three of them learn to get along? And what happens when Snape’s punishment causes a rather unexpected accident?
Categories: Teacher Snape > Professor Snape, Parental Snape > Guardian Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Draco
Snape Flavour: Snape is Angry, Canon Snape, Snape is Kind, Snape is Mean, Out of Character Snape, Snape is Stern
Genres: Family, Fluff, General
Media Type: None
Tags: Child fic, Deaged!Harry, Deaging
Takes Place: 3rd summer
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys, Alcohol Use, Drug use, Emotional Abuse, Physical Abuse, Profanity, Violence
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 8 Completed: No Word count: 27780 Read: 14026 Published: 01 Nov 2022 Updated: 26 Feb 2023
Story Notes:
A classic Harry lives with Snape for the summer story, I think. :P

I hope you enjoy!

1. Chapter 1 A different kind of car accident by Iris

2. Chapter 2 Ungrateful, arrogant, half witted Dingbat by Iris

3. Chapter 3 The Party by Iris

4. Chapter 4 Snape’s punishment by Iris

5. Chapter 5 Infuriating twinkles by Iris

6. Chapter 6 Harry’s first beating by Iris

7. Chapter 7 Unsupervised bath by Iris

8. Chapter 8 A flight to catch by Iris

Chapter 1 A different kind of car accident by Iris

Harry was furious. He was just so angry. This time aunt Marge really hit the nail on the head. Unfortunately for her, getting Harry furious didn’t do her much good. Personally Harry thought she deserved everything she got, even though the Dursley’s were enraged, which might not be all to good for him. His uncle was even more unreasonable than usual, and had with a tremendous amount of rage, blatantly refused to let Harry stay with them any longer. On the other hand, he supposed even living on the streets would be quite the upgrade from his usual summers. Not to mention that he had quite the bit of gold, so he could easily book a room at the leaky cauldron and stay there until term started.

He would of course have preferred to stay with his friends for the summer, but that was not possible at the moment. As a matter of fact he had been a bit jealous of both Ron and Hermione at the end of term when they were discussing their plans for the summer. But he was genuinely happy on their behalf, especially for Ron and his family. They had always been so good to him, and he knew they didn’t have as much money as they should have had. Mr. Weasley had been invited to speak of the extension of muggle technology at an international conference, and was allowed to bring his family for a bit of a vacation. Therefor Ron, Ginny and the twins had traveled out of the country for the summer. Percy was of course caught up in his job and didn’t want to go. Therefore he stayed behind to look after the house and their pets. Harry had sent Hedwig along, and Percy had promised to take good care of her. Even though he missed her very much, he knew he had made the right choice. It just was not safe to have her in the house with his unstable uncle around.

Hermione was also traveling with her family. She and her parents were apparently visiting a lot of different countries for the holiday’s. She had been very excited about all the places she was going to see, and all she would learn about the cultures, both magic and muggle. And he must admit that it did sound pretty cool. She had been especially exited about the ancient magical history of France, and the newly discovered uses of fluxweed by one of the most skilled potions masters of Europe. Apparently he had discovered that fluxweed plucked at the full moon not only was useful for polyjuice potion, but also had great effects when used alongside the Runespoor eggs in the Baruffio’s brain elixir. Supposedly it would make the common side effect of a critically depleted magical core, less severe. Regardless of the fact that neither Ron nor Harry understood half of what she was babbling on about, it did sound quite impressive.

This events however led to the fact that Harry had no idea where to go, without an owl to contact anyone and with he’s friends gone and unable to help. And despite the fact that Harry had a huge vault with piles of fat golden coins, he didn’t have a single penny available at this time.

Harry had been storming down the streets with an impressive speed, considering the overly large and heavy trunk he was dragging along. But even the white hot rage he had been feeling could not keep his body moving at such a pace any longer. He had slowed down to a moderate pace, and was trying to think of what to do. He slowly came to a holt and sat down on his trunk with his head in his hands, trying and failing to come up with a single idea. This was how he sat when he suddenly heard a noise from the trees on the opposite side of the road. It sounded like a twig breaking, and he could probably have passed it of on the wind that was currently picking up it’s pace, if it had not been for the black soulless eyes staring at him from behind a bush. Harry jumped violently and fell of his trunk, he thrust his wand out of his pocket, pointing it at the huge doglike creature. All at once a light flew out of his wand casting light at the outskirts of the trees, the creature growled, and lounged in the opposite direction, and a massive bus nearly run him over. He was taken aback when the bus stopped quite violently, and the doors flew up to reveal a guy at the entrance.

Harry spun his head, and with his heart hammering madly, took in the strange scene. In front of him was a huge purple bus with three floors, and on the steps stood a young bloke, that could not be a lot older than himself. He had hair that reached just above the shoulders, a freckled face, and was currently reading a card in a way that was obviously meant to be a professional manner.

“Welcome to the Knight Bus, emergency transport for the stranded witch or wizaard. My name is Stan Shunpike and I will be your conductor this evening.” The guy apparently named Stan stated. He paused, and looked down at Harry.

“What are you doin down there for, ey?” He asked in a much less professional manner.

“I fell over” Harry mumbled , rather confused of the whole situation

“Well, w’hat you fall over for then?”

“I didn’t do it on purpose!” Harry stated, a bit annoyed.

“Well, come in then, no point waiti’n for the grass to grow.” He said while dragging Harry’s trunk inside. With a final apprehensive look to the woods, and the feeling of cold panic not quite letting go, Harry followed the strange guy inside.

“Take ‘er away Ern!” Stan called out to the driver. And at once the bus shot forward at a tremendous speed. Harry had just enough time to grab the nearest handle before everything was thrown backwards in the bus.

The ride that followed was decidedly one of the weirdest he at experienced. He paid 3 sickles for the trip to the leaky cauldron, and a hot chocolate that Stan poured all over him when the bus took an especially sharp turn. For awhile he was busy trying to get used to the sensation of being squished, stretched, and thrown around, but after a while it became a bit more bearable. He then caught a glimpse at the cover of the paper the conductor was reading, a man who was holding a badge, and looking quite deranged was pictured on the front page.

“Who is that? That man?” Harry asked.

“Who is that?... Who is... THAT is Sirius Black that is! Don't tell me you've never been hearing of Sirius Black?” Stan stated incredulously.

When Harry shook his head, he continued.

“He's a murderer. Got himself locked up in Azkaban for it.” Stan said mysteriously.

“How did he escape?” Harry asked, definitely interested now.

“ Well that's the question, ain’t it? He's the first one who did it. He was a big supporter of You-Know-Who. Reckon you've heard of him?”

“Yeah... him I've heard of.” Harry said quietly, not utterly keen to discuss that subject. But the conversation with Stan had at least given him something to think about for the remainder of the trip.

When Harry got off the bus, right outside the leaky cauldron in London, he thanked Stan and turned around to face non other than Professor Dumbledore and the minister of magic himself. He felt his heart sink in his chest, in the action of the moment he had all but forgotten about the accidental magic he had used to blow up his aunt. He sure had gotten himself in to dire straits now.

“Ah, Harry, my dear boy, quite the magnificent moment to turn up, I must say” Dumbledore said, and gave Harry a wink.

“Harry? Harry Potter?! I though’ you looked a bit familiar! Do you see that Ern! It’s Harry Potter!” Stan more or less shouted out.

“Yes, yes, it’s Harry Potter. Well, thank you for getting Harry here safely, but we rather must be off.” The minister said while shooing Harry inside the pub while asking Tom the innkeeper to bring along Harry’s trunk.

_______

Harry sat rather confused in a comfortable armchair by the fire. Dumbledore and the minister who sat across from him had just finished telling him a baffling tale about a Sirius Black, who was supposed to want to kill him. Or more exactly Dumbledore had told him about this man in his usual vague manner, though quite straight forward, while the minister sat beside him trying to sugarcoat everything. He seemed a bit embarrassed that such a heavy guarded prisoner had been able to escape his fierce prison guards in his time as minister, especially considering that this was something none other had managed to do. To Harry’s great astonishment they had just about brushed over the fact that his aunt Marge had been bobbing up and down in the ceiling for over an hour, with the minister just uttering a few short sentences about the matter;

“The magical reversal squad has been to your aunt and uncle’s house. So that’s that, and no harm done. However, they are a bit reluctant to let you stay the rest of the summer. But not to worry my boy! You will have a nice and safe place to be for the remainder of the holidays.”

Even though Harry had a slight feeling of unease, he couldn’t muster any true sense of fear whether it was for his living arrangements or Sirius Black, at the moment he was just too tired.

Dumbledore, good hearted and kind as he could be, was as always to some degree a manipulative bastard. Therefore he chose this moment to discuss Harry’s living arrangements, very aware that he would not be at all happy, but at the moment hopefully too tired to argue that much.

“However, there is one more thing I would like to discuss with you. I wish to talk to you about where you are going to live for the remainder of the holiday’s.” Dumbledore said with a smile.

This did get Harry’s attention.

“Well, there really isn’t anywhere for me to stay is there Professor? I mean Ron and Hermione are out of the country, and my aunt and uncle definitely do not want me there. Can’t I just stay here at the leaky cauldron?” Harry asked in a hopeful tone. He could only imagine three whole months of Dursley free holiday’s to enjoy in Diagon alley and muggle London. His hopes of a nice, relaxing summer however were soon to be crushed to pieces by Dumbledore’s next words.

“Ah, no I’m sorry Harry but that is just not safe for you at the moment. I have in fact arranged for you to live at a more secure location, with an adult to look after you.” Dumbledore said with that all to familiar twinkle in his eyes. Harry was definitely uneasy, the expression on Dumbledore’s face told him that this was not something he would like nearly as much as the old man in front of him.

“Um, okay. Where is it then, and with who.” He asked a bit apprehensively.

“You will be living with Professor Snape and Draco Malfoy, at Professor Snape’s summer home.”

“WHAT?!!” Harry shouted out. He may be tired, but not even that could take away the blow of that statement. He could not believe it, this really could not be happening. He stared blankly at the headmaster, begging to the heavens that he had misunderstood, or that this was some sort of twisted joke.

“Now, Harry, it won’t be so bad. Maybe you all could learn to get along.” Dumbledore answered calmly. His eyes twinkling madly.

Harry just stared at him with his mouth slightly open. No, no, NO, he could not go there. If he had to stay the whole summer with Snape AND Malfoy, he would not come back to Hogwarts in one piece. He gulped, horrible images of the many forms of torture Snape would do to him before he mercilessly killed him sprung to his head. The things Snape could do to him with nobody around to stop him, Dumbledore could not be SERIOUS?! This would make his uncle’s treatment of him seem rather merciful, and Harry honestly felt that they hurt quite enough. As a matter of fact he rather thought he had enough pain at the moment, with his yearly “coming home for summer present” still being quite fresh on his body.

Before Harry could even get himself together to argue his case, Dumbledore stood up, patted him on his thigh, and with twinkling eyes said

“Really now Harry, it could even be fun.” Dumbledore winked at him “Would you care for a lemon drop?”. Harry shook his head to get rid of the fog that had clouded his thoughts, and when he opened his eyes Dumbledore was gone, and in his open palm laid a small yellow sugary sweet.

_______

When Harry woke the next morning he felt gloomy. He was starting to think that the headmaster had gone barking mad, leaving him with Snape of all people. Not even one single thing could go right in his life. He must really have been an awful person in an earlier life to deserve this. He swung his legs sideways of the bed, and started getting ready while he was drowning in his own self pity. At least he had gotten one night of peace before all hell would break loose. That was if you where counting a restless night packed of nightmares peace.

Tom had come to see him a bit earlier to inform him that breakfast was on the table, and that Snape would be there within an hour. With a huge sigh and a angsty feeling in his chest he dragged his feet slowly down the worn staircase that led down to the pub. The leaky cauldron was a bit worn, but still a cozy place to be. The pub itself was painted in darker, soothing colors that gave a homey feeling. The bedrooms on the other hand was light and cheery with views of muggle London and diagon alley. It really was a nice view, he would have liked to sit up in his room, thinking over this new events while watching all the people scurrying around below, but unfortunately no such luck for him. He had finally managed to drag himself downstairs for breakfast, and the landlord greeted him cheerily while leading him to the table.

Harry sat down and looked around. There were a few other people sitting in the pub, either eating, drinking, or just having a chat. Some travelers were eating breakfast while talking excitedly about the activities they wanted to try out. A few wizards sat at the other side of the pub with a bottle of beer each. Though he thought it a bit odd to be drinking alcohol so early in the day, he didn’t linger on it. An old women, who Harry thought looked a bit like the old witches displayed on the pictures of muggle children’s fairytales, sat in the corner shooting him furtive glances. Harry shuddered and quickly turned back to his breakfast. He really wasn’t hungry at all, his stomach was turning in knots and made it rather uncomfortable for him. However he did drink some glasses of pumpkin juice. He had always found it fascinating that a juice made out of such a plant would taste good, but it really did. He wondered how it was made, and why none of the muggles ever drank it.

However he was yanked out of his reverie by a soft, cold voice.

“Potter” the potions master sneered with venom in his voice. Harry spun around, taken aback for a moment, and seemingly lost for words.

“But of course, famous Harry Potter can’t eat such a plain meal at such a mundane place, famous Harry Potter can only eat the finest prepared meals served by his servants on golden plates.” Snape spoke with with sarcastic contempt.

Harry could feel a crimson flush creeping up his chin. He stared the potions master in the eyes with poorly concealed anger. Harry supposed he should have expected the insults straight away, and although he was not especially surprised by the remark, it did nothing to rile in his anger. Snape stared down at him with disgust before grabbing his upper arm and dragging him forcefully towards the door.

“Since nothing is good enough for precious prince potter there will be no breakfast for you today. Maybe you even will experience a new sensation most of us call hunger.” He sneered. No doubt the pampered Potter brat had never even been hungry before, with his family spoiling him rotten, standing at the ready to fulfill the brat’s every need.

This statement got Harry’s anger to boiling point. As it was Harry was no stranger to the sensation of hunger, even to the point of starvation. But the thought of those memories only brought him pain and humiliation. In the present company anger was a much safer reaction. Therefor he was about to make a furious retort on the matter but clamped his mouth shut at the last second, it would not do tho rile his Professor up so early in the morning. Therefor he bit down on his tongue, using all his self control to calm himself down while being dragged along like a sack of potatoes.

When outside, Snape stalked towards the nearest alley, where a black car stood parked. The car was of the nice sort, a shiny BMW with black leather seats and an overall high class look. Even his uncle Vernon would approve, he was especially fierce on judging others on their vehicles, and made a point of always having a modern fancy car to show of in.

“Get in” Snape let go of his arm, thrusting him towards the car. Harry was confused, we’re they supposed to travel by car? Wouldn’t that be a lot less convenient than by magical transport?

“Ehm, sir?” Harry asked confused, though he made a point of using a polite tone.

“I said GET IN POTTER!” Snape nearly shouted at him.

Geez, he was even more short tempered than usual. Harry did as he was told anyways, thinking it best to try to behave for the time being.

As he got in the backseat he took in his surroundings. The interior was plain but classy, and gave a clean look. He watched as his Professor got in the driver seat and started the motor. He would have thought the scene comical, had it not been for the fact that Harry felt he was a fugitive on the way to the gallows to get his head ripped off. The fact remained however, he could never have pictures the overgrown bat to be driving a muggle car, even just knowing how to didn’t seem to fit Snape’s character.

“As I am in no mood to listen to your stupid questions and insolent behavior I will tell you the basic information. We will be driving to my home as we can not apparate or take the floo as it is under a series of protective enchantments. As neither you nor mr. Malfoy have been there before the enchantments will not allow you to use any means of magical transportation. Your trunk has been sent along already. We will pick up mr. Malfoy at the outskirts of London, and the ride will be approximately around 5 hours. There will be no need for you to torment me with your annoying voice.” Snape sneered out in Harry’s direction.

Harry just nodded. 5 whole hours with Snape and Malfoy in a car was not what Harry had been hoping for. He would at least have time to think about which approach he should use towards the potions master. At the moment he thought that he’s summer with the Dursley’s behavior might be the best one, as Snape had quite the similar temper as his uncle. But this would of course only work if Harry could control his temper. He rarely had that problem at the Dursley’s as it all was more or less programmed in to him at this point. But his uncle was dumb, and predictable, while his Professor was, loathe as he was to admit it, smart and quite unpredictable.

Harry looked towards the Professor and studied his appearance. His hair was actually a bit less greasy than usual, and in muggle attire he looked a very different. He never really could have pictured any of his Professors with muggle clothes, as they never wore anything like it at school. And although Snape still was dressed in dark clothing it did suite him. He had tied his hair back in a low ponytail, and wore black slacks paired with a dark grey sweater that fitted him quite nicely. Harry did have to admit that this outfit made him look a whole lot younger, and made his body look a lot more muscular, something that his usual loose fitting robes counseled quite well. At least the look of contempt on his face was just as he remembered it.

He turned to look out of the window at the blurring mass of streets and houses they sped past. He did wish he would have had a bit more time before Snape decided to drag him out of the leaky cauldron. Although he had not eaten anything, he had drunk several glasses of juice, and should probably have gone to the loo before they left. 5 hours was quite a bit of time, and with the current mood the Professor was in, he guessed he would not be overly pleased if Harry started nagging him about a bathroom break. Well, he would just hope that they would at least stop once.

The car came to a holt right in front of a platinum blonde teen. Draco opened the passenger door with a sneer and a look of disgust.

“What is this wreck? I am not going to be traveling like a lousy muggle!” Draco exclaimed indignantly.

“Draco just get in, I will not discuss this any further” Snape said impatiently. With a huff Draco got in, sending Harry an ugly look.

“Potter“ Malfoy spat with as much venom he could muster, all the while staring at him with a disgusted look. Harry had already decided to try the Dursley approach first, and therefor he was defiantly resisting the urge to come with a snide remark or an ugly retort. Instead he settled for a neutral nod towards Draco, even though it hurt his pride deeply. But he guessed if he was going to survive the summer he had to make some sacrifices, and he might as well start straight away. The look on Malfoy’s face was almost worth it anyway. He looked extremely taken aback, before he sneered, gave Harry one final ugly glare and turned to Snape. Harry could not help but smirk a little at the blondes obvious discomfort.

“How long will I have to endure this utter torture?” Malfoy drawled on in an irritating manner.

“We will be there in about 5 hours” Snape answered neutrally. At this Malfoy let out a loud huff before he slumped against the seat, not looking the least bit happy.

_______

Music was playing on a comfortable level from the radio, and beside from the small snippets of conversation between Malfoy and Snape the car ride had been quiet. Surprisingly Harry didn’t think the silence was too uncomfortable, at least if they didn’t talk to him they didn’t insult him either, and he was quite content to keep it that way. He did have one problem however. As the time had passed he had found it increasingly difficult to ignore.

“Ehm, sir? How long will it be until we’ll be there?” Harry asked a bit timidly. Snape cast him an ugly glance.

“About 3 hours. What is the problem? Doesn’t the car ride meet prince Potters standards?” Snape said mockingly. Malfoy let out a snigger, and Harry’s cheeks flushed. He actually did have to use the bathroom a bit badly right now, but asking Snape to stop would be suicidal. He didn’t think he could stand the humiliation. But on the other hand 3 hours was quite a long time. He was split in half, his bladder really wanted him to beg Snape to stop, but his pride wanted him to just clench his teeth together and endure it. He shifted restlessly in his seat trying to find a better position, but to no avail.

“No sir, it wasn’t that. I was just wondering if you were planning to stop anywhere soon” He tried to stated neutrally as if he didn’t care whether he was or not.

“Why, what is the problem now? In contrast to what I’m sure you are used to I will not be doting on your every need and want. You are a spoiled brat, you don’t see Draco complaining do you?” Snape sneered maliciously.

“No, Ijustkindofneedtousetheloo” Harry stated very quickly.

“Speak clear boy! I can not understand a single word coming out of that worthless mouth of yours” Snape said agitatedly. Harry took a deep breath and repeated himself in a clear whisper.

“I just kind of needed to use the loo” He could feel his cheeks burning with the humiliation of having to ask for the loo like another toddler.

“You are almost thirteen, wait until we arrive” Snape said plainly. This made Malfoy snigger once again, and Harry’s flush increased considerably. The problem was that Harry would never ever have asked if he thought he could wait for them to arrive, and he thought Snape would know that. But thinking through it he realized he probably was more than happy to have a couple of mortifying story’s to spread about Harry once back at school. He really was an evil greasy bastard. Harry shifted in his seat again, determined not to give either of them anymore dirt on him.

Another hour in and Harry was growing quite desperate, he could not sit still for longer than a couple of minutes at a time, and had crossed his legs in an effort to ease the pressure. There was nothing for it, he would just have to ask again.

“Professor, couldn’t we just please stop soon?” He almost begged, hating himself for the display of such weakness.

“I told you to wait Potter! I am not delaying our arrival just so your pampered behind can get whatever you want!“ The Professor snapped furiously.

Harry cringed at this, at his wits ends and seeing no solution. To his astonishment even Draco seemed a bit uneasy. He shot Harry a quick glance before he turned quickly back. Had he not known any better he would have thought it was a tiny amount of sympathy hidden in his cold eyes. However he did know better, and was expecting Malfoy to at least make some degrading comments of his situation any moment . But as they never came, Harry tried to focus all his remaining energy on ceeping calm and in control. This was definitely not the time to wonder about Malfoy’s lack of ruthless behavior.

As he relaxed he could feel a spurt of pee hit the inside of his trousers. Utterly horrified he clamped down with all his might, managing to stop the flow. He was mortified, he was nearly wetting himself and was almost 13 years old. No thirteen year old wet their pants! Timidly he looked down on his trouser, and breathed out a sigh of relief when there were no visible evidence. He drew his knees up to his chin, one hand clenching down on his privates he leaned towards the window, closing his eyes and bending his head down. Fortunately this position did help a bit, so he clenched his teeth together and held on with all his might.

Severus knew he had been a bit harsh, spoiled brat or not. But he was still quite sure the child was exaggerating. He looked at the boy in his mirror, and saw his small frame huddled together leaning against the window. He may not like the brat, but he knew he had gone a bit too far this time as the insufferable brat seemed to be in some distress. With an internal sigh he turned his eyes back on the road and despite his words looked for a sign that showed the nearest place to stop. Unfortunately it seemed the nearest one was about an hour away, as they just drove past the last one. As much as he would like to believe that the child was just exaggerating the whole situation, a tiny part of him doubted that the child it all up for a bit of attention. He drew a hand over his face, it was too late to do anything about it now anyway.

_______

20 minutes of agony later Harry felt his composure faltering. A forceful stream escaped his exhausted muscles. He gasped quietly, and tried with all his might to get his muscles to obey, but to no avail. He was really panicking as he felt his backside grow warm and wet, but no matter how hard he tried he could not stop the flow. No, no, no, this just could not be happening! Suddenly he felt his bladder totally give up. An expanding wet spot was making its was down Harry’s trousers and splashed to the floor. As if the sound was not enough of a giveaway, the faint smell of urine filled the air. This had to be a horrible nightmare, of all the things that had ever happened to him this had to be one of the worst in his memory. He felt his eyes burn and buried his head in his knees as he felt a tear of humiliation escape his eyes. He would never be able to live this one down.

Harry had he’s head bowed down as he waited for the scathing remarks to come. When none came he was completely baffled. Could it be that they had not realized what he’d done? As none of them where neither deaf nor blind it seemed wholly unlikely. He could not wrap his head around the lack of insults, he was after all sitting in a car with Draco Malfoy and Professor Snape. Both had made it quite clear that they despised him on several occasions, and neither had ever before missed an opportunity to harass him. Still, he did not dare to look up. He was so utterly humiliated, and all he wanted to do was to sink down in a hole in the ground and never come back up. As this wasn’t really an alternative at the moment, he settled for curling up into a ball and pretend he wasn’t there. Not that it was really doing him any good.

On top of everything he felt himself starting to shiver from the cold wetness that engulfed him. He was so ashamed of himself that he felt nauseous. He could not even get himself to look up, much less ask to get to change his clothes. As his trunk had been sent along already he did not even have anything to change into. He was most definitely not going to ask for anything from Snape, he would just have to survive the remaining hours of humiliation and discomfort. With a reminder to himself of everything else he had endured up until now, this one should be manageable. This of course did nothing to ease the harm to his pride.

Somewhere along the way the tears slowly dripping from his eyelashes stopped. He had managed to fall asleep in the same huddled position, hiding as much as possible of himself from view.

Severus pulled up at the nearest petrol station. He got out, filled fuel on the car, and gave Draco some muggle money and told him to go inside and pay for the gas. Draco gave him a weird look, but went with only a slightly dissatisfied expression on his face. When he saw that Draco had gone inside, he looked around. Satisfied that no one was near by he drew his wand. He went back inside the car, pointed his wand at Potter and mumbled a quick drying and freshening charm. Before anyone could notice he had pushed his wand back in his sleeve. Appeased that the child in the backseat had stopped shivering, he started the car again, and waited for Draco to get back in.

The rest of the ride went peacefully. It only took 15 minutes before Draco too had fallen asleep, leaning against the window. A few blonde strands of his normally slicked back hair had fallen astray and was hanging in his face. He looked a lot more innocent than his usual superior act allowed.

To be continued...
End Notes:
This might not be your cup of tea and that’s alright, but please just stop reading it and don’t be mean. Would love some feedback and constructive criticism though. Sorry for any misspellings or wrong wording, English is not my first language but I did my best. :) The story starts a bit slow.
Chapter 2 Ungrateful, arrogant, half witted Dingbat by Iris

Harry awoke with a start when the car hit a bump in the road. He looked confusedly around and when he caught a glimpse of the clock on the dashboard, he realized he had been asleep for quite a while. With a pang he also remembered the events that had taken place earlier in the day, and he grimaced at the thought. He was still quite embarrassed, but it was a lot more bearable when he was not soaked and shivering. He decided that he could live trough Snape and Malfoy’s insults for the summer, they always had some insults to throw at him anyways. The real problem was what would happen when school started again, he felt a cold shiver run down his back and decided he would not bother himself with such unpleasantries right now. At this thought however he looked down, he was indeed dry and clean. That was weird, he supposed he could have air dried, but he had been expecting to feel more sticky and dirty. Nevertheless he would make sure to take a shower at the first opportunity, and for now he would do his best to forget the whole ordeal.

When Harry looked out of the window, they were driving through a cozy neighborhood. Houses were lined up on both sides of the road, but each was placed with enough space between to have a moderate sized garden and some privacy from the neighbors. In contrast to Privet drive every house looked different, Harry liked the variety and the different personalities reflected in the houses. As they drove on the space between each house increased, they even passed a nice looking park with green grass, a football field, and some slides and play equipment for kids.

The car stopped in front of a big white house with a sizable garden attached. The house was nice looking and gave of an air of chariness, Harry thought it a bit odd that such a house belonged to the snarky Professor.

The houses in this area was placed with the perfect amount of space between, you would be allowed your privacy but at the same time be a part of the community. The gardens were all nicely taken care of, and flowers and plants were all planted in a deliberate manner. The streets were clean of any garbage, and the whole neighborhood looked rather clean and put together, though in a pleasant way instead of the forced style privet drive had.

Harry looked to the front seats where Snape and Draco was seated. Draco apparantly had fallen asleep, and had not yet awoken. Snape had just unbuckled himself and was now shaking Draco awake. He then got out of the car, and without sparing Harry a glance strolled towards his house. He was a bit unsure of wether he should follow or not, he was after all supposed to live there for quite awhile. On the other hand he would still not put it passed Snape to give him a torture session now that there were no witnesses. However he did feel it was a bit less likely if Malfoy was there too, even though he doubted Malfoy would have any objections he rather thought Snape was the type to make sure no one would ever even suspect him. Because of this he looked to Draco to see if he would follow suite. He watched as the blonde slowly got out of the car and looked at his surroundings, and when he turned around he saw Harry looking at him.

“What are you staring at, Potty? Go find something useful to do, or did you manage to loose the last brain cell the amazing golden trio was sharing? Bet weasel and the mudblood won’t thank you for that.” Malfoy taunted mockingly.

Harry felt himself grow angry, and a bright flush was creeping up his chin. He could survive being bullied and belittled by Malfoy and his Professor, but he would not stand for either one of them insulting his friends in such a manner.

“Shut up Malfoy, your just jealous that Hermione is better than you in every subject. By the way, what did the almighty daddy Malfoy think of that? Or wait, is that the reason he sent you here for the summer? He didn’t want such a disgrace associated with him?” With satisfaction he could see Malfoy’s face turn red with agitation. He concluded that he’d hit a nerve, and decided to push the subject.

“And here I was thinking your dad was a prat, it does seem he have at least a couple of favorable traits. For example he doesn’t seem to like you very muc…” Harry wasn’t able to continue any longer due to Draco’s fist being planted in his face.

He staggered backwards, he was after all quite small, Draco himself wasn’t much taller, but Harry weighed considerably less. He managed to stay on his feet, and determined not to give Malfoy even a little moment of satisfaction, he took no notice of the blood streaming from his nose and instead responded with another snide remark.

“Oh, really? This is the best you can do? No wonder your father is ashamed, Hermione even hits better than you do” Harry said with a satisfied expression on his face.

This comment drove Draco over the edge, he looked completely insane. Harry had never seen him this angry before. He would be lying if he said he did not feel slightly uneasy when Malfoy suddenly charged towards him like a wild bull at a rodeo. He caught a glimpse of the Slytherin’s normally ice blue eyes, and was astounded that they seemed to have turned darker, hatred and vengefulness glittering bright inside them.

The moment Draco jumped at him, it felt as if a bombe had gone off. Suddenly he was soaring trough the air, and in his side view he could see Draco too being thrown through the air. He hit the ground forcefully, the powerful blow causing the back of his head to bang painfully against a rock in the ground. He had just enough time to appreciate just how much that actually hurt before the whole world went black.


A loud voice woke Harry up, and at first he was very disoriented. He could not remember where he was, how he had gotten there, and why his head felt like it had first exploded then been glued together again. He cautiously tried to get himself into a sitting position without making himself sick, he really did not feel to well at the moment. At this moment a tall, scary looking man marched into the room. Harry looked at him half confused and half terrified. He felt like he should know who this was, and be afraid of him, but for the life of him he could not place the man anywhere.

“You, Potter, are a complete idiot. You are an ungrateful, arrogant, half witted dingbat.”

Harry still did not understand anything, and therefor replied in the only way he could think of.

“Eh.. okay. Um I’m sorry then, I guess?” He stated more as a question than an answer. He still was very tired, and his head felt like it was filled with cotton candy.

This reply did seem to throw the man a bit of guard. He stood there for a minute scrutinizing him to the point where it made Harry feel very uncomfortable, even in the dreamlike state he was in.

“Can you tell me where you are, and what just happened?” The man drawled with a commanding and sour composure.

“Eh, what? I am at… well um.. a house?”

The man muttered something about dim witted children and their stupid actions while rummaging in a cabinet. The man drew out a small vial with a dark blue liquid swirling around inside, and handed it to Harry.

“What is it?”

“You insolent, insufferable brat, just drink it” the man said impatiently with an angry glare towards him. Harry thought the man looked quite dangerous and chugged the whole vial before the man could get even more furious with him, and once again the whole world went black around him.


When Harry next woke up his head was, thankfully, much clearer.

He was in a medium sized room with a big bed in the center, dark blue curtains hung in front of the window and on the floor was a matching carpet. The room was plainly decorated but had all the essentials, and Harry thought it looked very nice. The only thing was that he had no idea who it belonged to, how he got there, and even where he was. He remembered the car ride with Snape and Malfoy, and the argument he had with Malfoy. He supposed he must have passed out, and was now inside Snape’s home. The thought made chills run down his back. The fact that Snape had not taken this perfect opportunity to kill him off did very little to soothe his rising anxiety. Snape was probably furious with him, starting a fight with Malfoy already. He supposed he just wanted to savor the moment and would take pleasure in Harry being awake and aware of every pain inflicted upon him. He thought Snape did seem like the sadistic type of torturer.

There was nothing for it, as much as he would like to stay in this cozy room instead of facing a livid Snape, he knew that he sooner or later would have to anyway. And right now he also needed to use the bathroom.

He swung his feet off the side of the bed and got up. His head was still a bit sore, but he was essentially fine. He had faced much worse injuries than this while working hard labor at the Dursley’s. Carefully he reached for the doorknob, and turned it quietly.

The hallway beyond was painted white and had a couple of windows on each side that let sunlight stream in. There was two more doors in the hallway, and Harry chose to try the one on the opposite wall. Inside was a bathroom with a shower and tub combined, some modern looking bathroom cabinets with a big mirror covering the wall was at one side of the room. Beside the sink was a toilet, and on the floor was a light gray bathroom mat. The floor itself was of a dark marble and the walls where white. Harry thought this bathroom had to be the most beautiful he had seen. At once he was a bit nervous about being inside the room, he wasn’t sure if he was allowed. As he still needed to use the toilet, he decided he would just be quick, and no one had to know he had been there.


Harry walked through the hallway, and found a stair leading down to the first floor. He was a bit unsure of what he was supposed to do, but thought it best to get the unpleasantries out of the way. Therefor he took a deep breath and walked downstairs. The inside of the house was painted in light colors and bright sunlight shone through the many windows. The house had some sort of open floor setting which made it look even more spacious and elegant. He really could not have imagined a more controversial place for the slimy git of the dungeons to live.

When downstairs he took a random turn to the right and walked through a doorway and in to what apparently was the kitchen. At the table sat both the slimy Professor and the Malfoy git. He wished himself luck and then cleared his throat.

Snape looked up from his newspaper, and gave him a once over which made him feel quite uncomfortable.

“So prince Potter finally saw it fit to get up from bed” Snape said in a bored and superior tone of voice.

Harry thought it best not to answer, but could not help his ears from turning pink.

“Stop wasting my time Potter, sit down and eat breakfast. You will have to do with what us normal people eat everyday, I will not be upholding your luxurious ways of living while you are here.” The Professor sneered in his direction.

Malfoy let out a mean snigger and shot Harry an ugly look before continuing with his breakfast. Harry was a bit annoyed at the Professor, but didn’t want to annoy him any more so he kept his mouth shut and sat down at the table. He stretched out and grabbed himself a piece of toast, personally he thought this was quite the luxurious breakfast. There was toast with all kinds of options to add, they had cheese, ham, egg, bacon, vegetables and a lot more. Harry had never been allowed to eat anything of the sort at the Dursley’s. He still thought it rather suspicious that Snape would let him eat such a meal, so he chose to eat a single piece of dry toast just to be safe.

“Your behavior yesterday was completely appalling, both of you. While I might not have expected any better from an opulent, ill mannered urchin” at this he gave an ugly smirk at Harry “ I would have thought that you, Draco, was better behaved. I need hardly say I was disappointed”

Harry did his best to ignore the snide comments. He could also see Draco shifting uncomfortably in his seat, his eyes downcast. He actually looked a bit shameful.

“Therefor you both will get a fitting punishment.”

“Potter,” the Professor spat distastefully “You will be weeding the garden. You are to do the whole garden by tonight, and I will NOT have you slacking about. If I see you are lazing around you will be working all night too.” Snape said with an evil smirk at his face.

The expression on his face made a chill go through his body, the man really looked like a evil bastard.

“Yes sir” He replied in a monotone voice. He still thought the best way to deal with his Professor would be similar to the Dursley’s, do what you are told, be polite, and don’t argue. He would certainly do his best to achieve this while interacting with Snape, but somehow he didn’t think it would be too easy.

“Draco, you will be preparing potion ingredients for me.”

When he got a nod from Draco he turned back to Harry, still with the evil smirk plastered on his face.

“Well then, get going you lazy brat. Just like your good for nothing father, just as lazy and arrogant as ever” He sneered inches from his face, leaning over the table.

This caused Harry to jump of the chair and take a step back. He threw Snape the ugliest look he could muster, but all the same turned and stamped out the front door.

“ The necessary equipment is placed on the bench” Snape called after him in a tone that suggested he was doing a unpleasant and disgusting task.


Outside Harry took a look around, the weather was warm and pleasant, a comfortable breeze in the air made quite enjoyable working conditions. The garden itself was quite well kept, considering Snape spending most of the year at Hogwarts. Nevertheless he had a big job ahead of him, the weeds were popping up nearly everywhere, and if the garden was to keep its beauty, it all would need to be plucked. The plants and flowers would need some care, cutting, water and fertilizer, and the grass could do with a round with the lawnmower. Luckily for him, he had a bit of experience with gardening, he had taken care of aunt Petunia’s whole garden since the age of three. It was because of him that the Dursley’s had won the best suburban garden award several years running. Of course no one knew that he was the one doing all the work, aunt Petunia was always chattering about how much hard work lay in those roses, and how she had strived and exerted herself to get the beautiful garden she had.

He turned to the bench, grabbed the tools and started to work.

A few hours later Harry was still weeding, it was a big garden, and how Snape expected him to get it all done in a day was beyond him. However he continued to work, and had made quite some progress, he was now working on the fence separating the garden and the road behind.

“Hey, watcha doin there bro?" Three boys were strolling down the road towards him, all of them looked to be around his own age. The one who had called out to him was in the middle, he had blonde medium long hair, blue eyes, and wore a baggy hoodie paired with some washed out loose jeans. On his left walked a boy with dark brown hair and darker skin, he was about half a head shorter than the one in the middle and could not be much taller than Harry himself. On his right side was the tallest, he had dirty blonde hair that reached down to the middle of his neck, hazel eyes, and a hoodie with some dark colored trousers.

“Ehm, I’m just weeding the garden" Harry replied a bit uncertainly, he was half apprehensive and half curious of the group approaching him.

“Can’t remember seeing you around here before, do you live in that house?" The dark boy commented.

“I’m only here for the summer, and yes I do live there, at least for now”

“Damn, I feel sorry for you noobie." The tall boy said. "Soo, how is it like living with that grumpy jerk? Is it he who is making you do the weeding?"

"Yeah, well it certainly is interesting. You see he teaches at my school, and he doesn’t exactly like me very much" Harry replied a bit queasily.

“And yes, at the moment he is punishing me and Malfoy for having an argument yesterday. You see, a rich git from my school is also living here for the summer, he’s Snape’s favorite student and he hates me." Harry finished in an exasperated tone.

The blonde in the middle whistled.

“Wow shortie, you have quite a lot going for you haven’t you? I think what you really need is some time to relax and have some fun. Maybe we can help you there"

"What do you mean?"

"We we’re going to hang out at Malcom’s tonight. I like you, you should come."

Harry was a bit taken aback at that. He did think it was a bit weird to be invited to tag along with some complete strangers, and was a bit uncertain if this was a good idea. On the other hand they all seemed to be quite friendly.

“I’m not really sure, I don’t think Snape would even consider allowing me to go out, and I don’t really know any of you…"

"Well that’s easy to fix, I am Alex, this one" he said pointing towards the dark boy "is Malcom, and that is Brayden, but everybody calls him Ace." he said, now pointing at the tall one "We all live in the neighborhood, Malcom turned 13 yesterday so we were going to get together and do something fun tonight.

"That’s pretty much all there is to know, now it’s your turn"

"Well, uhm, I’m Harry, I’m turning 13 in a month or so. But I still doubt Snape would let me go out, he’d probably kill me for just asking"

"Oh come on shortie, you aren’t about to tell him are you? Just sneak out at 9 pm and we’ll meet you outside" the one that apparently was called Ace said.

“I’m still not sure… I’m going to be in so much trouble if he finds out"

"Don’t be a wimp, it will be fun. You can’t go all your life following stupid rules stupid people set for you."

"I’m still not sure if this is a good idea…" After a minutes hesitation he finally decided it couldn’t hurt to try. "Oh all right then, I’ll meet you outside at 9" Harry said disgruntled, but he grinned at the three boys all the same."

"Nice one noobie" Malcom grinned back at him.

"We’ll see you tonight then, it’s gonna be lit I promise you" Alex called out to him while waving goodbye. The to other boys flashed a grin in his direction, then followed Alex down the road.

Harry turned back to the garden with a smile on his face, the smile faltered a bit when he saw how much work he still had left. Determinedly he began to work again, he would finish this before tonight, he would meet up with the boys, and he wouldn’t let Snape ruin every bit of his summer.


At 5pm Harry had worked through most of the yard, he was actually quite pleased with himself. He was starting to get a bit hungry though and was wondering if he was allowed to go grab something or not when the front door flew open. Snape stood in the doorway examining his work. For a quarter of a second he looked almost taken aback by something, but just as fast he had schooled his features into an emotionless expression. He did not seem to be able to find an insult to throw at his final result and Harry found this truly satisfying.

“Go take a shower” Snape grunted in his direction before storming off again.

Harry was pleased to obey this order, he laid the tools back before walking towards the house. Inside he took his shoes off, found some clean clothes in his trunk and went to the nearest bathroom for a warm shower.


When Harry had finished his shower and dried off the clock was 6.30 pm, and his stomach started to rumble. He decided his best option was to go down stairs and see if there were anything he could take. He would not ask for food, that had been carved into his very being from years at the Dursley’s. Begging for something would only end in misery for himself. He could wait to get fed, or steal food in such small amounts that no one would notice, but he would rather die a terrible death than ask Snape. To his astonishment he found that none of that would be necessary after all. On the table stood three plates filled with chicken, vegetables and potatoes. It smelled delicious.

“Sit down" Snape barely spared him a glance, but that didn’t bother him in the slightest. He gladly sat down and looked at his plate, it looked really good but there were so much of it. There were no way he would be able to finish it all without being sick, and he certainly didn’t want that. He took a quick look at Snape who had started eating his food while reading the evening prophet, then looked up as Draco came in to the room.

“Potter" Malfoy spat at him, rather less venomously than he usually did. Harry didn’t answer him, instead he started on his food. The meal was a quiet affair, but not uncomfortable. Nearly halfway through his plate he put his fork down, he could not stomach even one more bite. He looked through his fringe at his Professor, he had finished eating but was still reading the prophet. Harry jumped when he spoke.

"Leave it and go to bed"

He sounded a bit displeased but once again Snape didn’t even look at him.

Harry stood up, muttered a thanks and went upstairs to the room he had awakened in. It felt weird thanking Snape for something, but on the other hand he had fed him, and wasn’t even going to punish him for not finishing, not yet at least. If Harry didn’t finish his food at the Dursley’s they would punish him in more than one way. Usually they always stopped feeding him for a few days, so he would just have to wait and see if this was the track Snape was going with, but somehow he didn’t really seem the type.

Harry laid down on the bed staring up at the roof. The bed was really comfortable and he was getting pretty tired. He got up again, he couldn’t risk falling asleep now. Instead he decided he would find out how to get down. The room was on the second floor, so he couldn’t just jump out of the window. He thought he might have seen a fire ladder leading to one of the bedrooms on the second floor while weeding the garden. When the window was opened and swung sideways he leaned out and looked to both sides, hah! The ladder leading all the way to the ground was placed just beside his window, this would make things a whole lot easier. He smiled to himself, maybe this summer wouldn’t be too bad after all.

At 8.50pm Harry slid off the ladder and landed on the ground. A quick look around assured him that no one was watching. He sneaked along the side of the house and out the front gate.

"Nice shortie! You looked like you have some practice of sneaking around" Alex laughed.

"Hi guys.. I think we better get out of here before any of them decide to look out the window" Harry answered apprehensively.

"Yeah, probably a good idea. This way" Malcom said, leading them towards the park a couple of blocks down.

"Soo, what do you guys wanna do?" Ace said after a short silence.

"We could try the new PlayStation game I got yesterday?" Malcom asked the group.

"Yeah Mal, what did you get again?"

"I got the new Cod game, it has this new feature with multiplayer online gaming. So we all can play at the same console, but online at the same time. Isn’t that just awesome?"

Ace chuckled and agreed with Malcom.

"You see shortie, Mal here is a bit obsessed with gaming"

"I’m not!" Malcom exclaimed incredulously.

"Yeah you are" Alex commented.

Harry grinned at this, it was really nice hanging out with people his own age without them thinking him a complete nutcase as everyone in Little Winging did.

"Well anyway, he’s actually really good at it though, which makes it a bit hopeless for us mere mortals to play against him" Ace continued with a grin.

"Nothing to bother your tiny brain with, I’ve already gotten the new DLC so that we can all be one team an play against either botts or multiplayers. I was even able to modify a download by using some coding, and a couple of incredible suffixes so we don’t even have to work our way from noob to l33t."

"Wow wow wow, slow down Mal. That’s the nerdiest bunch of words you’ve spewed up all day. Didn’t understand a single thing of that speech."

"Me a nerd? Surely you’re thinking of the wrong person. I’m just making sure I don’t end up spending my life working alongside you at McDonald’s." Mal said with a cheeky grin, Alex sniggered and agreed.

"Haha very funny." Ace didn’t look too bothered though, he just snorted and continued with the conversation.

"If you keep the nerd talk to a manageable level we all might survive the night. All right with you Harry?"

Harry was enjoying himself, they were all so carefree and funny to hang around and joke with.

"Yeah, sounds great" he smiled back.


At 01:30 in the morning Harry had finally gotten into bed. He had had an amazing evening with the guys. For the first time in his life he had tried to play on a PlayStation, and although he wasn’t excellent he definitely could have been worse. After that they had gone to the football field beside the park and played some football games, his favorite had been the game called One touch. In this game they would stand in a circle, and kick the ball up in the air, the ball could only touch the ground one time before one of the other players had to kick it up again. It was really fun, and Harry wasn’t at all bad at it. He and Ace were definitely the better players, but all of them had a lot of fun with it.

All of them had decided to meet up again tomorrow evening, and he was already looking forward to it. With a comfortable sigh, he sunk down into the mattress and went into a peaceful sleep the moment his head touched the pillow.

To be continued...
End Notes:
Would love some feedback! Is there anything you want included in this story, please tell me!:D
Next charter will be up in a day or two!
Chapter 3 The Party by Iris
Author's Notes:
This chapter contains underage use of alcohol and drugs, if you do not like that dont read this. :D
The next few days continued in the same manner. He spent most of his time either in his room or in the garden. Snape hadn’t given him anymore chores to do so he just continued with sorting out the garden. When he wasn’t in the yard he spent most of his time reading in his room. He didn’t really have much contact with the other occupants of the house, but it didn’t bother him much. He was actually pleasantly surprised of how comfortable he was here. He had a whole bedroom to himself, and even though it was an unpersonal guest room it was more than he could ever have hoped for. He was fed regularly, usually a few times a day. If Snape had made food at mealtimes it was always a seat and a plate for him. Snape never bothered to call for him if they were eating though, but Harry really wasn’t bothered by this, he got much more than his usual summers anyway. There were always dinner, but sometimes, usually when Snape was in his lab, there weren’t any breakfast or lunch. He had seen Draco making himself a sandwich or something similar at this occasions, but didn’t know if he himself was allowed. But again, this didn’t really bother him either, he wasn’t used to eating that much, and skipping a meal or two wouldn’t make much difference to him.
Yet the best of all was that he didn’t really have much to do with either Snape or Malfoy. They mostly left him alone, probably pretending he wasn’t even there, and nothing could have suited Harry better than this. It might have been a bit lonely after awhile had it not been for his newfound friends, but at the moment he was actually quite content with the way things had turned out.


Due to the lack of communication with Snape, it was really easy to get out to meet his new friends. It didn’t seem Snape actually cared where he was, or maybe he just didn’t know, either way was perfectly fine with him. He had been out with Alex, Mal and Ace every day since that first night, and they had all started to become very good friends. It felt like they had known each other a lot longer than a short week. They had played PlayStation, football, hung around in the park, walked around the neighborhood, looked at girls, played harmless tricks on the neighbors and much more. There were always something fun going on while hanging out with them, and Harry loved it.

Last night Mal had said that his parents were going away for the weekend and that his brother was coming to town to visit, he was going to throw a late party for his thirteenth birthday. Well that was to say, his brother was having a party, and since Mal had turned thirteen he was allowed to come and bring his friends. They were all pretty excited by this. Mal’s brother were four years older, and this was going to be a real party, with alcohol and teenagers and loud music. They all were a bit nervous about it though, they knew they were a bit too young to be drinking alcohol, but who could turn down an opportunity like this? It would just be too exciting to even consider not going.

_____


That night Harry got a real surprise when meeting up with the guys outside. As he walked out the front gate and greeted his friends a voice called him from behind.

"Potter!"

For some reason Malfoy were jogging up behind him calling out for him. Harry really did not want Malfoy to ruin this night for him. He just stood there dumbfounded.

"Shortie, who is this guy?" Alex asked when he made no move to answer the blonde. Harry was dragged out from his own revery.


"Uhm, this is Malfoy…"


"Is it that bullying git from your school?" Ace asked while taking a step towards Malfoy. This actually made Malfoy look a bit uncertain, and he took a few steps back.

"Yeah it is… What do you want Malfoy?" He asked in a cold tone. He could visibly see that Malfoy forced himself to continue his superior and arrogant behavior.

"I want to talk to you in private Potter" he said, throwing a dirty look at Ace.

"Don’t think so you pompous prat" Ace said while stepping in front of him.

Draco threw him a dirty look.

"Go to hell, I’m not talking to you"

"Where did you think I came from?" Ace continued with a malicious grin at his face.

"Oh I just love the sound of you shutting up, it’s like music to my ears" Mal commented with a mocking grin.

"It’s okay guys, I’ll talk to him" Harry couldn’t help but let out a muffled snigger at the insults though.

Harry walked a few meters away from the group with Malfoy at his heels.

"What do you want Malfoy?" Harry said impatiently.

"I want to come with you guys to this party tonight." It was obvious that he felt a lot more comfortable now.

This statement actually surprised Harry a bit, he shouldn’t even know about the party, let alone want to go with him and a group of muggles.

"And why the hell, Malfoy, would you even want to go to a party with me and a group of muggles?"

"That is none of your business" Malfoy’s arrogance really got on his nerves, he couldn’t just demand to come with them. He still could not fathom why he even would want to, but apparently he did.

"And what would your little pureblood pals say about you hanging out with filthy muggles?" Harry said sarcastically.

"They won’t find out, will they?" Malfoy retorted with a scoff.

"And what is to stop me from telling them, even if I said yes. Moreover why the heck should I let you come along with MY friends, you haven’t exactly been a saint Malfoy" he finished sarcastically. Harry raised his eyebrows and looked at Malfoy challengingly.

"Well, you wouldn’t like what I could tell them would you?" Malfoy said with a sadistic smile. "What do you think your newfound friends will think of you wetting yourself like a little baby? And what about the whole school, wouldn’t that just be a wholesome rumor to go around?"

Harry could feel his cheeks burn, he had completely forgotten about that little fiasco. He was silent for a minute before answering Malfoy.

"If I let you come along tonight, you will not mention that to anyone ever again?"

"Deal, Potty"
Harry rolled his eyes and started walking towards his friends again.

"Hey guys, is it okay if Malfoy here comes along with us tonight?" He forced out in a strained voice.

"Harry, why do you want this bullying jerk to come with us?" Alex asked confused.

"Let’s just say it’s a lot better for me if he gets to joins us. He won’t cause any trouble, won’t you Malfoy?" He said pointedly.

"Wouldn’t dream of it" Malfoy answered sarcastically, but a bit nicer than normally.

They all looked rather skeptical at him, but at last they gave in.

"I guess, if you say so" Mal answered with a shrug and gave Harry a look .

"Mark my words blondie, if you cause any trouble you wont like the outcome." Alex said in a low voice. With that they all started walking in the direction of Mal’s house.
_____

They had been walking a couple of minutes in silence when Harry raised his question.

"One thing I don’t understand though, how did you even know about the party Malfoy?"

They all turned to look at him, then at Malfoy. An unspoken curiosity and apprehension hung in the air.

"I heard you guys talking yesterday, I noticed you walking out of the gate yesterday and wondered where you were going." Surprisingly enough Malfoy didn’t have any venom in his voice, he looked rather embarrassed about his confession.

"So you followed us all evening?" Ace asked with raised eyebrows.

"No of course not, I was just nearby when I overheard you mentioning it. I went home right after" Harry was perplexed to see Malfoy’s cheeks had gotten a pink tinge to it.

"But why do you even want to come? I thought you didn’t like Harry at all?" Mal added .

"Well, it gets rather monotonous being stuck inside Snape’s house with just him for company. Most of the time he spends in his potion lab anyways, so it’s not like anything is happening there." He shrugged.
Harry threw Malfoy a warning look.

"What do you mean his potion lab?" Alex asked confused.

Draco seemed to understand his mistake and was at a loss for words. He looked helplessly at Harry, and Harry thought he appeared very misplaced. This did not seem to be the Draco he knew from school at all. When he came to think of it he had been acting out of character all summer. He had been a whole lot less arrogant, and had a lot less snide remarks. All things considered he had been acting a great deal nicer than usual.
He shook his head to get rid of the stream of thought inside it.

"You see Snape is our chemistry teacher, he has a lab in the basement where he works on his projects. Don’t really know what he’s doing tho, the potion thing is just a kind of joke at our school" Harry lied easily.

"Ohh, I see. I actually do feel a bit for you Malfoy. Couldn’t imagine what I would do if I was stuck with that guy for weeks." Alex said with a shudder.

"Yeahh, still not an excuse for being an opulent, arrogant jerk at school though." Ace commented with a semi-cold look.

"I know.." Malfoy seemed to be debating if he should say anymore, but seemed to decide against it.

They didn’t have anymore time to discuss Malfoy’s weird behavior anyway because they had reached their destination.

The music where playing loudly, the bass was turned up to full volume and they could feel the stairs beneath their feet shake. The all looked at each other with excitement one last time before Mal turned the handle and they all walked in.
_____

A couple of hours later they were all black out drunk and having the time of their life. Mal’s brother Blake were actually a really nice guy. He and his friends had been a fun gang to hang around with. They had all treated them like a part of the gang, and they had already played several drinking games. Some of them card games, others not. So far they had played Ring of Fire, which was a card game where a ring of cards where placed around a can of beer. Every number meant a different thing, for example the jack meant that you had to make a rule, and the four meant that every boy in the room had to take a sip. After you drew a card you had to place it under to can opener of the beer. The one that popped the beer with their card had to chug the whole beer. Harry had gotten it one time, Draco once, and Mal two times. After that they had played Never Have I Ever, and they had gotten to know each other a lot better. It turned out that Alex and Ace especially had been in a lot of entertaining situations, they all had a really good time with it, the older teenagers seemed to enjoy it just as much as they did. At last they had arranged a beer pong tournament, which Harry actually won. It turned out he was great at beer pong, even when he was overly intoxicated with alcohol.

Some guys were still playing beer pong, some were dancing, others were sitting and talking to each other. Harry, Malfoy, Alex, Ace and Mal were talking to Blake and his friend Cody.

"I have something you guys have to try" Blake said to them with a smile. "Come on, this way"

They were all chatting while walking to the upstairs balcony. At the balcony there were some outdoors furniture and a heat lamp. At the table stood a big bong. They all quieted down and looked at Blake.

"Well then, sit down. It is time you guys were integrated into our culture."

Harry looked uncertainty at Mal who dragged him towards the sofa.


"Oh come on shortie it’s not dangerous, I’ve already tried it a few times, your gonna love it" Mal encouraged a bit drunkenly.

Harry in his unfocused mindset gave in and sat down. On the other side of him sat Malfoy, while Alex and Ace sat in the sofa right beside them. Cody got the bong going, gave it a few puffs and handed it to Blake. After Blake took a few drags he handed it towards Harry.

"Your turn shortie, just take a few puffs. Try to breath it in and hold it there a few seconds"

Harry took it with a grin and did as he was told. He could feel the smoke burning his throat but refused to give in to the coughs that tried to take over.

"You really have a talent for this shortie, most people can’t hold the smoke down on their first tries" Cody praised him. Harry smiled at him between the coughs that now ravaged his body. The bong was passed around some rounds while they were chatting. Harry had actually talked a bit to Malfoy during the evening. Malfoy genuinely seemed to be getting better along with the rest of them too.

"Soo Malfoy, why did you actually want to come to this party?" Harry slurred in Malfoy’s direction.

"You know I didn’t lie before, it’s just like I said, I wanted some fun and company for a change" Malfoy said, slurring just as much as he did.

"But like whyyy, I thought you hated.." Harry whisper the next words ".. you know.. muggles"

"yeah, but no if you unnerstand" Malfoy swayed a bit in his seat but managed to remain the eye contact.

"Uhh.. no I don’t think I do" He said bewildered.

"I have never actually been around them, but my whole family hates them so I kinda do. But I don’t have anything against them myself but kinda have to? Does that make sense?"

For a moment Malfoy looked perplexed by his own sentence.

"I think it might do?" Harry answered just as confused.

"But why are you so jerky at school and so much… uhm.. less.. Now?"

"Eh.. I don’t actually know" Malfoy said while scratching his neck. "I guess it just became that way, you know I kinda have to don’t like you, but I guess I kinda don’t. Huh, I’m kinda confused"

"Yeah me to" Harry said befuddled.

"Harry! Do you see that?" Ace called out to him while pointing up at the night sky.

"What?" Harry said looking at where Ace was pointing.

"The sky! The clouds are sinking down towards us. How do you think it feels to touch one" Ace had completely spaced out, he sat there opening and closing his hands like he was trying to touch something.
Harry looked at Cody who chuckled and handed him the bong.

"Come on shortie, take a few more puffs. This time try to breath them in and hold them for 10 seconds, take five or so."

Once again Harry did as suggested, it burned but he forced himself to hold it in, making the smoke go all the way to his lungs and be absorbed by his veins. After he was done he handed the bong to Malfoy and leaned back in his chair.

"Can you feel it shortie?" Cody grinned at him.

And Harry did feel it, it was hitting him hard now.

"Yeaaahhh" he sighed in response.

He could see the world starting to spin around him, but he was still calm. Now he understood what Ace meant too, the clouds were coming down towards him, the more he looked the closer they came until they were close enough to touch. He reached out his hand and patted the nearest one, it was light pink and fluffy, it felt like stroking a soft kitty, but it was as squishy as a foam ball. Every time he pressed on it it slowly bounced back up.
Suddenly someone took him by the arm and dragged him up from the sofa.

"Come on Harry!" Ace laughed while dragging him towards the upstairs bathroom, Mal were walking just in front of them. When inside Harry caught Ace’s gace and they both burst out laughing, Mal looked at them both before he too burst out in uncontrollable laughter. Harry had never laughed so hard in his life but he was physically unable to stop. Everything was extremely funny, and he had a bunch of new sensations he never before had felt.

"Isn’t it weird how the world works?" Mal asked.

"What do you mean?" Harry laughed drunkenly, his sentence almost impossible to decipher.

"Like if we pop bubble wrap made in china, is the air that comes out china air?" Mal continued awestruck. He looked at Harry in a way that suggested he had just said something mind blowing.
Harry stared transfixed, he had never thought of it like that before.

"Or crab walks sideways right, but do thuy think thatis us that is walkimg sidewasy?" Ace stuttered, it was almost impossible to discern due to his snuffling.

They were all comprehending this revelation when the door opened behind them. In the door opening stood Blake.

"Come on guys, there is snacks on the table, better hurry before it’s all gone."

With this they all forgot what they were doing and hurried along.
_____

The clock was nearing 3am, and the party had calmed down. Nearly everyone had gone home, but Blake, Cody, Ace, Mal, Alex, Malfoy and him were still there. All of them was considerably calmer though. Blake and Mal had fallen asleep in the couch upstairs, Alex in the chair next to them. Ace, Malfoy, him and Cody sat downstairs.

All of them were completely out of it, Harry was blacked out, deep down in his own world. Malfoy was asleep beside him. Cody and Ace was in the other couch, both completely gone.

Suddenly there was a knock at the door. No one responded. There was another knock at the door, louder this time. Malfoy stirred, and opened his eyes slowly. At the third and loudest knock so far he got up slowly and stags towards the door. In the doorway stood Snape.

"Uncle Sev..?" He managed to stutter, completely dumbfounded.
To be continued...
End Notes:
If you guys want any action in this story I might need some ideas, feel free to write any tips or ideas you might have🥰
Chapter 4 Snape’s punishment by Iris
Severus Snape stood in the doorway of a mid sized modern house. When he had gone to check on Draco half an hour ago he had not been able to locate him in the house. He had decided to see if he had gone to sleep due to the fact that he hadn’t seen him at all since dinner. When he had concluded that Draco was indeed not in the house, he had begrudgingly gone to see if Potter was there. He had no affection what so ever for the brat, but the idiot boy was after all his responsibility.
When neither he could be located he had started to get a bit uneasy. There was a killer on the loose, a murderer with a mission to kill this exact brat. Severus Snape was a man of preparation and well organized actions, luckily for him he had already cast a tracking charm on the two boys.
Now he stood in the doorway of this house, looking down at his drunken godson and could feel the anger in him flare up.
He took his godson by the arm and dragged him outside.

"And pray tell, what is the meaning of this Draco?" He said in an ice cold dangerous voice. He could feel Draco shudder beneath his grasp. Good.

"I..uh.. We just.." Draco seemed to have trouble stringing to words together. By the smell of it it didn’t seem alcohol was the only substance he had inhaled tonight. This of course made him furious, but he knew that now was not the time to rage towards his godson. With a tremendous effort he stomped his ire down.

"Stay here" he said coldly to the young teen.

Inside he walked towards the Potter brat and shook him none to gently. This was probably that obnoxious, arrogant, little squirts fault. He of course knew that this probably wasn’t the facts, at least not all the facts, but he did not care one bit.

"Potter!" He roared in his ear. No reaction what so ever.
Hi used two fingers to take the boys pulse, he was at least alive and didn’t seem to be in any immediate danger. He shook the boy again, but got no reaction this time either. He looked down at the boy, he was quite small, had he not known he would never have guessed that he was thirteen. In his sleep he looked almost innocent, but he of course knew better than to believe this deceptiveness. Severus knew what it was that he must do, and he felt disgruntled at the mere thought. With a sigh he took himself together and picked up the child. The immediate aroma of alcohol and weed was in the air and made his fury burn inside like white hot flames, he again suppressed the feelings of anger.
To his surprise the boy in his arms was very light. He of course wouldn’t have expected him to be heavy, but the child was troublingly light, like someone had casted a feather light charm on him. He shrugged it off, and strode irritably out the door.

Outside Malfoy had fallen to the ground and was struggling to get up. Severus sighed, and with one arm lifted the boy up in a standing position. Draco stumbled a few steps forward and had it not been for the fact that Severus once again grabbed him he would have collapsed painfully with the ground beneath.

A slow 10minutes walk later they were finally home. Severus placed Potter on the couch, then followed Draco who stumbled towards the stairs. He would prefer it if the idiot child didn’t manage to break his neck on the way up, he much rather desired to do it himself. Tomorrow they were both going to get it so thoroughly they were going to think twice before doing something so stupid again.
_____

Harry woke up with tremendous discomfort in his whole body. His head hurt like hell, he felt like he would throw up at any moment, his body had a overall sluggish feel to it, and his bladder was on the verge of bursting. He hastily stood up from the bed, and almost collapsed straight into the floor. The whole room was spinning before his eyes, black dots were prickling at the edge of his vision. His stomach were churning and he felt like he was on the edge of throwing up right there on the floor. He pressed his legs firmly together, denying his bladder the relief it so desperate needed.
Harry grabbed the door handle, and with his mind set he hurried the few steps towards the nearest bathroom. It was no easy task, his body refused to listen to his mind, and the floor seemed to rock like a boat at sea. Despite this he managed to get inside at the last moment. He collapsed down at the toilet, but the blissful relief did not last long. His turning stomach was on the brink of emptying itself. He finished up as fast as he could, all the while feeling the bile raising in his throat. As he finally sank to his knees in front of the toilet, his whole stomach wrenched itself out, and he was violently sick.

Ten minutes later he sat exhausted at the bathroom floor, he would never drink alcohol ever again. His head still felt like someone had cut it right open, and his thoughts made no sense at all. The world around him was working in slow motion, or maybe it was his brain, or his body? He didn’t know. He couldn’t remember how he got home last night, but it hurt too much to think.
There was a knock at the bathroom door. Harry felt his whole body freeze to ice, Snape could not know of yesterday’s events could he? Another knock sounded.

"Yeah?" Harry answered in a small raspy voice.

"Is everything okay, Potter?" The professor spat coldly.

"Yes, everything is fine" Harry tried to sound confident and energetic, but failed miserably.

"I’m coming in" The professor still spoke in a cold emotionless voice, but there was less venom in it than it had been since the start of summer.

"There is really no need, I’m fine, sir" Harry tried to argue to no avail.

He heard a muttered Alohomora, but even so he could not even muster the energy to get off the floor. He knew he had to be a pathetic sight, sitting at the floor in his pj’s, probably with a sickly white tinge to his face and dark circles under his eyes.
Snape opened the door and stepped inside, he stood and considered him for a while before taking a few steps towards him. To Harry’s astonishment he didn’t even come with any snide remarks, and although he looked slightly displeased he did not look nearly as angry or surprised as he should have been. That had to mean that he did know what he and Malfoy had been up to yesterday, it still did not explain the lack of cold fury in his eyes though.
Harry watched apprehensively as Snape walked up to him, he still did not trust him in the least. Snape was again wearing muggle clothing, he stood there in dark trousers and a white sweater with his hair tied back. It again hit him how different he looked from when he was at school. It was really fucking with his head to see him like this. He flinched as Snape reached out an arm and placed it under his armpit. His face grew hot from embarrassment, but for once he was in too bad of a shape to care much about it. At his flinch Snape had stopped momentary to considering him, but was now pulling him upright with one hand. The professor let go of him as soon as he was standing, almost like he was afraid of catching some nasty bug from being in the close proximity of his most hated student.
Harry swayed as the world around him spun, the black blotches in his vision were growing from the corners, creeping towards the center. He felt his professor take ahold of him right when he felt his knees trying to give out.

Harry tried to get himself together, and after a few minutes the world around him slowed to a holt and he was able to see a bit more clearly. Snape dragged him towards the stairs, and begrudgingly Harry started to walk down them. A couple of times he lost his balance and was about to fall, but every time his professor grabbed his shoulder, preventing him from tumbling down the hard flight of stairs. In the kitchen Snape let go of him, pointed at one of the seats and muttered a cool “sit”.

Harry sat down across from Malfoy and gave him a once over. Malfoy looked just as bad as he felt, he was ghostly pale with purple bags under his eyes and a faint green tinge to his face. His shoulders hung forwards, and his whole body was slacking together like a sack of potatoes. Their eyes met for a moment, and they gave each other a faint nod, neither with any of the usual surliness.

"Your behavior last night was astonishingly repulsing" Snape snarled at them. He walked closer to Harry and leaned down.
"Did it ever cross your mind Potter, that you should not be out alone after dark?" Harry was about to open his mouth to say that he wasn’t alone when Snape interrupted.

"Tell me, what is the reason I have to tolerate your obtuse presence in my home for the time being?" He snarled.
Harry could not get his thoughts together, his mind was completely blank.

"Well uh.. Dumbledoor said..?"

"You foolish brat, did It not cross that tiny space you call a brain that a raging lunatic currently are trying to get his hands on you?" Snape growled.
Truthfully Harry had completely forgotten all about Sirius Black. He did realize that he should have been a bit more careful, but was it really that big of a deal? He couldn’t know where he currently was could he?

"Eh..no.."
Snape glared at him once more before turning to Malfoy.

"And you Draco, I must say I thought you had more sense than this. Are you a complete dunderhead? Do you not think at all before acting?" Snape hissed in a low dangerous tone.
Draco looked like he didn’t know what to say, and ended up picking nervously at his sleeve instead of answering.
Snape’s dragged a hand down his face and looked utterly dissatisfied while mumbling;
"Merlin, save me from idiotic children.."

"I have not yet even mentioned the fact that you two imbeciles, along with most of your vacuous companions, are thirteen, or about to turn thirteen" Snape struck them both with an enraged glare. "If I ever catch either one of you in such a situation again you will thoroughly regret it" he finished with in a soft, dangerous voice that gave Harry chills.

"You both have behaved in a manner I would not have expected of either of you" At this he looked menacingly at Harry. "And that is saying something, if we are to consider past events."

Snape slammed down two vials at the breakfast table, one in front of each of them.
"You are to drink this and eat your breakfast."
Snape gave them both a dangerous scowl.

"Afterwards you are to clean the dungeons from floor to roof, everything shall be shining and spotless when I come down to check"
With that he turned and stormed out from the kitchen.

Harry looked up at Malfoy, he had taken the vial and was pulling the cork out.
"Huh, I guess we couldn’t have hoped for him to take it much better than that. Bottoms up then." He mumbled towards Harry.
Harry took the vial and studied it, it was a dark emerald green liquid with streaks of purple swirling inside. He opened it and took a sniff, it smelled quite nicely actually, a bit like chamomile and lime. He was still in bad shape, he was tired and his head thumped. He didn’t want to cross his professor more than he already had, so after a last sniff at the potion he chugged the whole vial. The effects were imitate, the headache calmed down to a mild ache, his vision cleared considerably, and his nausea was almost gone. He couldn’t help but be both thankful and astonished of the professor.
Despite the potion, the lingering effects of the night before would not quite leave their bodies, neither of them could get much breakfast down. After a few nibbles of toast each they decided they might as well get down to it. With that, they stood up and headed towards the basement lab.
_____

The cleaning was tedious work, but Harry wasn’t about to complain. He had been expecting a much worse punishment than this, he would have thought that he at least should have gotten a thorough beating, but Snape hadn’t given him anything of the sort. The basement was dirty though, and if they were to finish anytime today they really had to work efficiently. This task was considerably harder due to the fact that they both were stumbling around like the alcohol still had not left their bodies. Their minds were slow, and their movements sluggish.
So far they had cleaned almost half of the shelf’s, and at the moment they were moving all the potions and ingredients at one of the last ones so they could clean thoroughly behind it.
Working with Malfoy actually hadn’t been too bad, he was acting a whole lot different than he did at school, and they were both getting along quite nicely. Neither had said very much, but they had come to an unspoken agreement that this was the best way to get through the current task with the present shape that they were both in.

Harry had just placed the jar of nicotine horns in between the phoenix tears and a light purple potion when Draco blurted out something about not placing those two ingredients so close to each other. He was bumbling towards the table full off potions and ingredients when he suddenly lost his balance and stumbled. He tumbled straight into the table, and the table shook violently, causing many of the bottles and jars to topple over or break.
A dark gray stream with daisy-root chunks met a purple thick goo, when a third stream of clear blue flowing liquid splashed into the mix an ear wrecking explosion took place.
They had just enough time to catch each others surprised gaze before they each got a face full of the hot exploding jumble. The momentum of the mixture threw them of their feet, and they were thrown to the ground. Neither of the two boys heard the labdoor slam open, nor did they hear their potionmasters exasperated and agitated voice.
"Merlin save me from this idiotic children! Not a single moment of peace with these moronic dullards!"
"What have you two dunderheads managed to do this time?" He thundered.
Then the potion master stilled as he saw the full extent of this unexpected incident.

"Oh my..fuck"
To be continued...
End Notes:
Heheh, what do you guys think will happen to them?🤪
Next chapter might take a few days, but I will of course try to finish soon!
Chapter 5 Infuriating twinkles by Iris
Snape watched the headmaster closely while he studied the two boys in front of them. They were all in Snape’s living room, the two boys laid on the couch while the headmaster examined the extent of their idiocy. The living room was bright and elegant, with big windows that let sunlight outside. The room had a view of the backyard, there were bright red roses, a garden bench, and a little garden pond with large amount of white water lilies.
Snape himself were leaning against the door, he was at his wits end, could he not get one minute of peace this holiday?

"Well, the created effects are certainly unexpected, but not all together undesirable" Dumbledoor said to him with an aggravating twinkle in his eyes.

"Oh for Merlin’s sake! What do you mean ‘not undesirable’?!"
"Surely not even you, Albus, could possibly suggest this is a preferable situation?"

"Now, now Severus, this might not be so bad. I think it could even do the three of you some good"

"I am not taking responsibility of those imbecilic morons in this state!" Snape growled with his most menacing glare in place.

"I suggest…" Dumbledoor was interrupted by a knock at the door.

Snape looked towards the door, then at Dumbledoor, before he went to see who was knocking. The wards around the house were still up and running, that had to mean that the visitors had to be muggles. The wards made it impossible for any magical being that had not gotten express permission from him to enter the premises. Every person able to enter the house was currently in his living room, so it was safe to assume that no witch or wizard were standing outside.

Snape opened the door irritably, outside stood three boys that looked to be around thirteen. With a closer look he recognized the one on the left as the boy in the opposite couch yesterday night. He briefly considered giving them all a real talking to, or simply slam the door in their face. Before he could act though, the one in the middle opened his mouth. He had blonde hair, blue eyes, and wore a set of clothes Snape would have thought fitting for a juvenile delinquent. They all looked like they were in bad shape, and serve them right. Their skin looked pale and clammy, and all three of them had circles under their eyes. He gave the boys a cold glare. The blonde swallowed nervously before talking.

"We were just wondering if we could talk to Harry and Draco, sir?" The boy asked silently.

"No” Snape answered with icy impatience.
This answer seemed to disconcert the small group. They looked nervously at each other before the darker, short boy could figure out what to say. Snape was in the middle of slamming the door shut when he was forced to stop. The darker boy had put his foot in between so the door wouldn’t shut.

"Please sir, we just want to see how they are" he said.
Snape was just about to start yelling at them, tell them to mind their own business and disappear from his property, when Dumbledoor stepped up beside him. Their eyes went as big as dinner plates when they caught eye of the elderly wizard. Dumbledoor was wearing dark purple wizards robes with white shiny stars, his beard was shiny white and very long, and he radiated an aura of power none of the muggle boys probably had witnessed before.

"Oh, come now Severus. There’s no need to be so short tempered" Dumbledoor said good naturedly. The twinkle in his eyes however told him that Dumbledoor quite enjoyed the whole situation. Sometimes Severus really could not stand that man.

"I’m sorry boys, but I am afraid Harry and Draco has gone on holiday for a couple of weeks. I’m sure they will come find you when they get back" Dumbledoor said with a wink.
The three boys in front of them didn’t look as they had gotten over Dumbledoor’s appearance yet. All they managed to do was nod weakly, before turning around and with many backward glances move slowly back to where they came from.

When Dumbledoor had closed the front door and turned back to him, Snape sneered I’m his direction.

"Gone on holiday?" He said sarcastically. "It’s not like you to lie, Albus. I thought you preferred half truth’s, riddles, and unclear instructions?" Snape drawled with ill tempered sarcasm. This whole ordeal had made I’m irritable and tired, he was not in a good mood at all.

"Your quite right my friend. It is my belief that the truth is generally preferable to lies."
"The simple answer is of course that I did not lie" The infuriating twinkle was back in his eyes, and it made Snape want to strangle him.

"And prey tell, what do you mean by that?" Snape stared at Dumbledoor with his most dangerous glare. He did not like the way this was going.

"I think you, Draco and Harry should go on a well deserved holiday” Dumbledoor winked.

“Absolutely not! I am not taking those dunderheads on anything” Snape growled.
“Besides it’s a complete waste of time, how in the name of Merlin do you expect me to come up with a cure if I’m stuck on holiday?!” Snape thundered.
Dumbledoor however looked completely in unabashed by Snapes rant.

“Oh my, Severus, I wouldn’t dream of asking you to do it alone. I have just the person you need at hand” Dumbledoor smiled mysteriously.
“And I rather think you should take some time off, I will arrange for someone else to make the cure”

“ABSOLUTELY NOT! I will not agree to this rubbish plan of yours!”
_____

10 minutes later Dumbledoor had stepped through the fireplace and flooed away. A few meters to the left of the fireplace stood an irritated but defeated Severus Snape. No matter how much Snape argued at the variety of mental schemes that old coot came up with, he always ended up stuck right in the middle of them. He let out a long sigh as he drew a long fingered hand down his face.
A few feet away, on the living room couch, lay two small boys. One had platinum blonde hair and icy blue eyes, the other had raven hair and bright enchanting emerald eyes. A simple charm had shown them that the approximate age were around 3 and a half years. The cocktail of potions and ingredients that were splattered at every inch of their body were no ordinary deaging potion, and he had absolutely no idea on how to reverse it.

There was something that had been troubling him in the back of his mind ever since he had walked in to the basement lab. He had tried to put it out of his head, forget about it and don’t care, but to his utter annoyance he didn’t seem to manage it. He did not want to care and he didn’t want to take a closer look, because this involved the worlds most spoiled and infuriating brat. The child off his arch nemesis, the brat that was so spoilt he did whatever he wanted whenever he wanted, with no thought to those surrounding him, and no consequences to his actions. The same child he had sworn to protect, a child with glittering bright emerald eyes, her eyes. And it was because of her that he was unable to forget about it. He just had to cross his fingers that it wouldn’t lead to anything unpleasant if he took a closer look, because he had to, for Lily.

The small boy laid on the couch on his back, he looked almost innocent in his sleep. The boy was tiny, too small, actually way to small. If he had seen this child on the streets he would have guessed he was around two, maybe two and a half. A child grew quite a lot from the age from two to three, therefore this was decidedly disturbing. In addition to this, the child completely lacked the chubbiness almost every well nourished child sported at that age. Severus would no doubt have blamed all of this on the child being too picky and spoilt for his own good had it not been for the ever growing dark purple mark that was stretching it’s way up the little boys throat. He would of course have blamed this too on the child being unruly, but he had decided he would take a closer look at it just to be safe.
He walked to where the Potter brat lay, and without being anywhere near touching him he looked at every visible inch of the little boy. He tried to study him as objectively as he could. The skin on his face, arms and legs were sunburnt, red, stretched and looked painful. Almost as if he had been out in the brightest sunshine several days in a row without any sunscreen. His arms were no thicker than a dog bone, and didn’t seem to be much more than that either. The little amount of tissue was plain muscle. What he could see of the rest of the child’s body was the same, just skin and bones. The purple mark on his neck went around the front of his throat and down beneath his shirt. At a closer look it seemed as someone had pressed their fingers hard down on the little boys throat, almost like they had strangled him. But that couldn’t be right, who would have done that? His relatives spoilt him rotten, and would never touch a hair on their precious brat.

There was nothing for it, he just wanted to be finished with this unpleasant task. He stretched a hand out to lift up the boys shirt, but just as his outstretched fingers touched the outwashed t-shirt a movement to the side made him stop in his tracks. Draco seemed to be waking up, and in the process he pushed against Potters side.
Great, now they both were waking up.
Snape drew back, he would just need to accept that he had to get back to the problem at hand later. He watched with dismay as the two small figures opened their eyes and looked warily around. With a sigh he realized he had some things he needed to clear up with the two of them, and prepared himself for what he would find. He very much hoped their bodies did not reflect their mind, he really didn’t think he could handle two complete three year olds even for a day.
_____

Harry woke up with a discomforting pain he had felt way too many times before. His throat felt sore, his back throbbed, and his body had the kind of soreness to it he usually got after uncle Vernon had given him a real beating. That, however, could not be the case here. Could it? He looked around with confusion. He could remember everything that had happened up until the potion explosion in the basement. As he looked around the room it hit him how big everything looked, certainly bigger than it was this morning, but why? At this point his gaze had found Draco Malfoy, as their gazes met Harry let out a surprised gasp. In front of him sat a small child with icey blue eyes and extremely light blonde hair. It was unmistakably Draco Malfoy, it had to be, but it made no sense. Draco stared at him with just as much surprise as himself. Harry got a feeling of dread in the pitch of his stomach. No, it couldn’t be, that wasn’t even possible.
With I’ll disguised horror Harry stared down at his own body. No, no, no, why was this happening? Why couldn’t he get one single break for once in his life. Why this age? Why with Snape’s as his warden?

Harry didn’t like to be back at this age, from the feel and look of it he was around three years old. This was the age Harry had started working for his keep. He had gotten next to no food until the day he had learned to do his chores perfectly, even then he had not gotten much. In addition he had worked outside all day long, with sensitive toddler skin that meant sunburns, scrapes and aches all over. He didn’t like the thought of Snape or Malfoy seeing him like this, they were bound to get the wrong impression of things. On the other hand they might not care at all. Snape would probably like the idea of Harry being beaten and starved, yes he probably had nothing to worry about. Weirdly enough this theory made him feel dispirited. As much as he hoped they wouldn’t find out anything, or make any assumptions, he couldn’t help but feel gloomy at the thought. Of course no one ever cared, this was how it was supposed to be for the chosen one, that was why Dumbledoor had placed him with the Dursley’s in the first place. Dumbledoor was omniscient, all-knowing, he would already know the sort of treatment Harry received at the Dursley’s, he might even encourage it. This thought made Harry feel sick, and to his utter astonishment and dismay he felt his eyes grow blanker with unshed tears. Oh no, he would not cry! It had to be the psychical age he currently was trapped in, Harry swore inside, he did not cry. He took a deep breath, collected his thought and feelings, and locked them securely deep inside. This was the method he always used when he felt like this, and it nearly always worked.

When Harry had got his shit together he looked up at Draco who still seemed lost for words. When their gazes met it seemed to shake Draco out of the shock-like state he was in. Draco looked up at Snape.

"Uncle Sev? What has ‘appned to us?" Draco said. It came out like a high pitched, childish squeal of terror. Draco looked disgruntled at his own tone, but was soon distracted by Snape’s reply.

"It seems as your little escapade in my potions lab has led to some rather unpleasant consequences." Snape said in a manner that made them understand that he was not pleased.

"But you can cure us cam’t you? I don wanna be stuck like tis!"

"That remains to be seen" Snape said with a bit of a nasty undertone.
When he saw their hysterical expressions, he added.

"The cure will probably be ready in a couple of weeks, but our dear headmaster has decided I am not the one that shall make it"

"A couple of weeks?!" Both Harry and Draco said in unison.
"And what do you mean you awre not the one that are making it? Who is then?" Draco added. He seemed to struggle with pronouncing the words correctly. It appeared as if he concentrated on his pronunciations they came out more accurately than if he just babbled on, so that was exactly what he was trying to do.

"No idea" Snape drawled.
Harry and Draco looked at each other with identical alarmed facial expressions. If Dumbledoor decided to put someone like Lockheart on the case they were as good as dead. As much as Harry would like to trust Dumbledoor on this, he had his concerns. After all, Lockheart had been their defense professor last year, and Dumbledoor had employed him despite his horrendously lacking competence. Harry couldn’t believe his own thoughts, but he would much rather have preferred Snape to be the one to make it. He had to admit that although the greasy dungeon bat was slimy, ill tempered and vicious, his expertise in potion making was nothing short of marvelous.

"Enough of that now." Snape growled impatiently. "I need to determine your mental state, you two are to tell me what you remember, what happened, why you were down there, and how this came to be"

And so they did, at least to the best of their ability. Harry was content on letting Draco do the talking, he only chimed in when he was forced. He was still flabbergasted of the quick turn of events, this day really was something for itself.
At last they were finished telling their story. Snape stood leaning against the wall, examining the two of them, his glare lingering a few seconds longer on Harry.

"Well, there does not seem to be remarkable damage to your mental age, at least not tremendously." At this he glared accusingly at Harry. "However, there’s nothing that warrant us any guarantees that it will remain so."

"The concoction you two managed to make is not any already known to wizard kind, you should consider yourself lucky that your utter stupidity did not end in fatal terms for either of you" Snape said angrily.
"We have no idea what the effects will be, but so far it seems like only your body is affected. Regardless, in similar situations it has been found that the mind usually will be affected by ones morphology to a certain extent. We should therefore not be surprised if you grow to sport certain traits your psychical forms alludes.

Neither Harry nor Draco understood the details of that statement, but they both knew better than to ask. The essence of the information was easier to understand. Harry did not think he would act any different than his older self, he still felt like a soon to be thirteen year old and he would be inclined to make sure it stayed that way.

"Since you two have shown yourself incapable of fulfilling simple punishments without supervision, I am forced to oversee your actions at all times. You will finish your punishment in my office after lunch." Snape said sourly.
"Go wash your hands, the food is on the table" he said with his back turned, already on his way out of the room.

Harry looked briefly at Draco, before the two of them started squirming down the side of the couch, he never before had appreciated how tall the sofa actually was. The enormous flight of stairs they had to vanquish would be a full body workout. He sighed as he felt every movement aggravating his already painful body.
To be continued...
End Notes:
Would really appreciate it if you took the time to write a review, it gives me so much motivation!🥰
Hope you like the chapter!
Chapter 6 Harry’s first beating by Iris
Harry sat in Snape’s office with Draco at his side. For the last eternity the two of them had tried to write lines. This mission had shown itself difficult to accomplish due to the fact that most three year-olds bodies were lacking the ability to handle a quill. The line Snape had given them had been as good as impossible.

“I must not be of such obtuse stupidity. The ignoration I have shown to regards of past events have been monumentally shocking. Furthermore I will show that I am not completely lacking capability in the art of making respectable decisions."

He had tried at least thirty times, but it was so long and difficult that he hadn’t even made it halfway through a single one of them.
His small childish fingers were not meant for such activities, and at the moment he was feeling the painful strain of it. The rest of his body was throbbing, the climb up the stairs in his present condition had made him utterly exhausted.
The baggy clothes he was wearing had not been much help. He had found that he was wearing the exact same outfit as he was before the explosion, luckily the clothes had shrunk a fair deal. However it did seem as even magic had its restraints, his clothes was still at least three sizes to big. With every step he took he could feel his pants trying to slip off, and he had been forced to try to hold them up whilst climbing the enormous stairs. Fortunately he wasn’t the only one with this problem, Draco had worn some dark emerald wizards robes and he was tripping over them every other step.
Harry was very happy he had bought some new clothes before the beginning of last year, it had been a true joy to finally have clothes he didn’t need to feel ashamed of. He hadn’t bought the most expensive brands, like the ones that Draco always wore, but he still had decent clothes for once in his life. If he had been wearing Dudley’s old castoffs he would never have heard the end of Snape’s ugly remarks. In his current state he was even more happy that none of them had seen him in the old bits of junk, with them on, and in his current battered and skinny toddler body he would have looked like a starved and bruised street rat.

When they finally had gotten to the bathroom on the second floor Harry had gotten a pleasant surprise. He had completely forgotten how much better his sight was at this age. When he looked at himself in the mirror he was momentarily flummoxed, for a moment he had doubted that it was himself he was staring at. The largest difference was that his bright emerald eyes no longer was sheltered behind thick glasses, he hadn’t even noticed he wasn’t wearing them. His eyes were brighter than he could remember, they shone like emerald crystals. It might simply be the fact that he very rarely saw himself without glasses that down-toned the bright colors, but it was a nice change. The other feats that astonished him was the look of himself, he was extremely sunburned and so skinny it looked very unnatural. In addition he could see uncle Vernon finger marks turning purple at his neck. It seemed like the sunburn helped conceal the complexity of the bruise, which he was happy about.

He could vividly remember what had happened to make him receive that beating. That beating had been the worst one he had gotten at that age, it was almost as if it happened a few days ago. With some afterthought he mused, it might have happened a few days ago, at least if one were to consider his body’s timeline.

Dudley’s birthday had been coming up, and the Dursley’s was of course having a big celebration. All their family, friends, and Dudley’s playmates were coming. It was going to be a steak out in the garden, and Harry had just been learning how to care for the roses. Aunt Petunia had thought it was too much work for her wispy limbs. Therefore she had grudgingly taken the time to show Harry how he should do it. His fingers were still sore from the cuts he had gotten, but he had managed to do a decent job with the flowers. He had secretly been hoping it would make aunt Petunia happy, he wanted her to be happy with him the same way she was happy with Dudley, but that was very hard to manage. When he proudly showed her the roses she had just snapped at him that he wasn’t to bother her with such unimportant things. This had made Harry a bit sad, but his three year old mind didn’t linger long upon it.

Aunt Petunia was in a bit of a sour mood, she had gotten a message from Dudley’s nursery school saying he was due to start potty training, and that she should get a move on. She of course thought this was a load of rubbish, her little duddikins was just a baby after all. He would be potty trained when he was ready. Despite this, she had bought him a potty and tried to put him there when he had to go, Dudley didn’t want to, and after one half hearted attempt she gave up the idea.
Harry on the other hand was nearly potty trained already despite never actually being trained to do so. He had to go on the big toilet, and he felt a bit proud because of this, he could do something Dudley couldn’t. He had thought aunt Petunia would praise him, but she never did. Harry wasn’t about to stop doing it though, he had learned that having potty accidents hurt. Uncle Vernon and aunt Petunia didn’t like it when he did, so he tried to the best of his abilities to avoided it. Even so, every once in a while it happened. Sometimes he just forgot about it, and every time it hurt very much. It had been a long time since the last one now, but uncle Vernon always had other excuses to make him hurt. It usually didn’t hurt as badly though, it very much depended on what he did or didn’t do.
It was worse in the night, then he had to get up, walk up the stairs and go on the big toilet in the dark. Harry didn’t like it when it was dark, he got a bit scared. Sometimes he didn’t even wake up before his mattress was already wet. Aunt petunia got angry at him for this, but not as much. Often he even managed to hide it from them. They never visited him in his cupboard, and this was something Harry was glad for. It would have been an awfully tight fit if uncle Vernon was coming for a visit.

Harry remembered he had been sitting in his dark cupboard, hearing the laughter and sound radiating from the yard. He couldn’t understand just why he wasn’t allowed to be in there with the rest, but he knew it wasn’t a good idea to ask. His aunt and uncle didn’t like it when he asked questions.
Harry looked around in the dark room, his eyes was used to the darkness now, but he still didn’t like it very much. He had tried to find something to do, but nothing really caught his attention. He had some paper towels, two broken crayons, and a small plastic horse with only two legs.
He decided to draw a bit on the wall. Dudley had a fixation on dragons at the moment, and Harry thought they sounded very cool. He would have wanted a dragon, or really any animal, to company him when he sat alone in his cupboard. It got really boring after a while. He decided he could draw some friends, and started on drawing a dragon.

After a while he really needed to go potty, but he still hadn’t been let out of the small room. He had tried knocking on the door and calling for aunt Petunia, but no one seemed to hear him. Had it not been for the fact that the door was locked from the outside, he could just have been quick and no one would have seen him. Harry could feel the tears starting to run down his cheeks, he really wished the door would just open. Miraculously, precisely when Harry made his wish, the cupboard door swung open. Harry looked started around, he felt a tickling sensation vibrate on his skin, but saw no one. The little boy let out a small giggle, before hurriedly standing up and running to the stairs. He was just about to set his foot at the first step when the front door swung open. Harry turned around and froze in his tracks. In the doorway stood uncle Vernon, his plump face turning a darker and more vibrant red every second that passed. Harry knew that was definitely not a good sign. The small child drew back, and hunched his back, he got scared when his uncle looked like that.

"BOY!" Uncle Vernon thundered just as the front door banged shut. "I told you to stay in the bloody cupboard didn’t I?!"
"Beats me how you little freak even got out!" Uncle Vernon bellowed at him furiously.

"Harwy was gowing potty" Harry answered in a small, terrified voice.

The explanation didn’t seem to help. Uncle Vernon was thundering towards him with heavy, angry footsteps. His face was beet red and he looked like he was going to crush anything in his way to pieces. Harry felt the panic in him rise, he stood there as petrified, completely terrified of what was going to happen. Uncle Vernon towered over him, and just as Harry felt his fear rise to a peak, he also felt warm liquid running down his leg. If he had thought his fear level already had reached its potential, he had been thoroughly mistaken. If it was one thing uncle Vernon hated it was when Harry disobeyed, and now he had done it twice.

The next transactions was a sort of blur. He didn’t know if it was because of the pain, or if it was some sort of self preservation technique his mind had worked out afterwards. Anyhow all he could seem to remember was unconnected images and sensations of pain, until uncle Vernon had thrown him into his cupboard. His back had been hurting a lot, and the rest of his body was painful too. His small frame was shaking with a mixture of tears, fear, and hurt. This was his first real taste of the unpleasantries he was about to experience for the next ten years of his life.
____

Harry shook his head. That had been a way too vivid replay of events. It had to be caused by his new psychical form, it did seem Snape had been right about some changes in his mind too. He had never before remembered so much of the details surrounding that first beating as he had just now. He felt sick, that had really been his first taste of beatings at the Dursley’s. Sure, he had been neglected and given a couple of smacks before, but never before had he been given a full out beating. Harry shuddered as he remembered the aftermath of uncle Vernon’s rage. Once again he gave his head a couple of hard shakes to get rid of the images, he didn’t understand why all the blasted memories decided to antagonize him now.
As he looked up he halted, his eyes met Snape’s and Harry felt a chill run cold down his spine. The way Snape stared at him unsettled him. His eyes were as two cold black holes, and Harry really didn’t want to fall in. The whole man unsettled Harry, perhaps even more now than before. Harry wrenched his eyes away from Snape’s clutches and tried once again to focus on the lines. There’s no need to say that he failed miserably. There was something in Snape’s gaze that made him apprehensive but he couldn’t quite set his finger on exactly what.

Next to him Draco sat squirming in his chair, it seemed as Draco had just as much problems as him with focusing on the writing. Harry felt his mood lighten up a little, he almost had to laugh, Draco looked exactly like a bored toddler. At that moment Draco caught his eyes. He seemed to have guessed what Harry was thinking and stuck his tongue out at him. Harry started to giggle, and Draco went as red as a stop sign when he realized his mistake, but he struggled to keep a straight face when Harry’s laughter increased.

Snape cleared his throat and glared at them. He considered them for a few moments before making a decision.
"As it seems your mental capacity are colossally lacking I see myself with no other option than to send you to bed. You will eat, and then get ready for bed."
"I will have food on the table in ten minutes" Snape drawled on.

Harry and Draco hurriedly walked out of the room. Just as the door closed behind them they both burst out in giggles.
_____

Harry and Draco had just managed to climb up on their chairs. Even though this seemed like an easy accomplishment, it was not. Harry could not remember that it was this hard to be small, but it certainly was. The dinner was on the table. They were having chicken, noodles and vegetables, it all looked and smelled delicious.
Snape swooped into the room. He walked with determent steps to the table, put a potion right in front of Harry and sat down. Harry looked puzzled at the potion, he didn’t recognize it.

"Drink the potion and eat your dinner." Snape seemed to sense his hesitation.

"What is it?" Harry said in a childish voice.

Snape seemed to debate wether or not to answer, but at last he did.

"It is a nourishing supplement, it will help you gain weight." Snape said completely emotionless.

Harry was a bit puzzled by why Snape would bother, but decided he would drink the potion anyway. He could really use a few extra pounds on his body. He grimaced at the taste of the potion and got a disapproving snort in return from the potions master. It wasn’t exactly a bad taste, but it wasn’t good either.
Harry turned his attention on his food, and with relish he started eating. The fork proved difficult to maneuver, and after 10 minutes both boys had chicken and noodles everywhere. Harry was extremely full. He had managed to eat about half of what Draco ate, personally he thought this was a great accomplishment. He wasn’t used to much food at this age, and definitely wasn’t used to the rich quality of the food. Draco had eaten his fill too, but he hadn’t touched the vegetables. At one point he had stuffed a small broccoli into his mouth, gagged and spit it out again. He had earned a few disappointing remarks from Snape, and had kept his distance from the vegetables ever since.
_____

Snape considered the two small boys in desperate need of a bath. He wasn’t used to children this small, and on principle didn’t like them. However, now he was stuck with two of them. He momentarily debated whether he should call for a house else to give them a bath, but somehow he didn’t think it would be well met by the kids. They had after all kept their teenage mentality. He wondered if he should make them take a bath together, or if it was safe enough to let them take a shower on their own. Their bodies were still the ones of a three year old. He really didn’t want to do the task himself either.
He let out an internal sigh, he really wasn’t meant for this.

"Can I rely on the two of you to manage to take a bath and get ready for bed, or do you require my assistance to not drown in my bathroom?" Snape asked as sarcastically he could.
The effect were immediate and almost comical. He just managed to stop himself from letting out a snort of amusement when he saw the horror struck faces of his to wards.
_____

Harry looked horrorstruck at Draco just to find that Draco sported the same appalled expression. Had it not been for the words Snape had just said the situation could have been almost comical. There was NO WAY he would be bathed by his potions professor, just the thought was horrendous.

"NOO" they both nearly screamed in unison.
"We will do it ourself!" Draco added quickly.

"Well then, get going."

He could have sworn he saw Snape smirk amusedly as he walked away. Harry and Draco looked at each other, both still completely abashed, their mouths hanging wide open.

"If you are not planning to set up a fly trap I would advise the both of you to close your mouth" They heard Snape snap unimpressed from the living room.
To be continued...
Chapter 7 Unsupervised bath by Iris
As Harry stood clutching his side in the upstairs bathroom he was seriously wondering how he could get rid of Draco before he took of his clothes. By the feel of it, his body would not be a nice sight for the ones with a weak stomach.

"Is everything awright, Potter?" Draco asked with a hint of worry in his tone. He still seemed quite annoyed with the way the words pronounced themself.

Harry spun around quickly, a smile lastered to his face.
"Yeah ofcous, why shouldn’t I be?"

Draco gave him a skeptical glare but let it pass, instead he turned and slouched towards the bathroom. As he felt Draco’s gaze leave him his expression turned into a grimace. His body was extremely painful at the moment.
_____

Harry felt the warm water surrounding his body, it felt extremely comfortable against his aching body. It had stung so badly that his eyes filled with tears when he had first sunk into it. Now, on the other hand, the comfortable warm sensation surrounding him was making him really sleepy. He knew he should get up and go to bed, but he just wanted to lie there a bit longer. His eyelids were drooping and his conciseness slipping. Without noticing he slipped into dreamworld. His small face sliding down alarmingly close to the surface of the water. Only his nose and eyes were above water.

Harry was walking in a meadow. On his left side a flowing river thundered softly against the rocks. In every direction big, blue mountains stood high. The meadow was filled with bright green grass, beautiful flowers in all colors, bees and birds were busy collecting nectar and twigs, and a small brown rabbit hopped towards a small hole in the ground. This place was decidedly the most idyllic place Harry had ever seen. As he looked around, a feeling of peace filled his body. His aches were gone, instead a feeling of warmth surrounded his limbs.
Harry laid down on the ground looking up at the blue sky. He enjoyed looking at the white puffy clouds making funny shapes high above him.
He didn’t know how long he had been there staring up at the sky when suddenly a dark grey sky floated into view. The scenery changed abruptly, lightning struck the ground, and Harry jumped frightened to his feet. He looked surprised up at the sky, a dark grey cloud with the shape of a skull and a snake protruding out of its mouth took up the bigger half of his view. Harry could feel the anxiety settling in his stomach. Suddenly he was unable to breathe, he couldn’t get any oxygen into his lungs. As he begun to panic, black shadows were moving towards him from the corners of his eyes. He knew he was going to die.
_____

Snape stood knocking at the bathroom door. Beside him stood a nervous Draco. He couldn’t lie to himself, the look on Draco’s face troubled him, for as long as he could remember Draco had always been good at concealing his emotions. Even as a small child. Now, unease practically oozed from the child.
"Potter!" Snape knocked hard on the door once more. "Open up this once!" He called out angrily.
Once more he tried to knock.
"That’s it!"
"Im coming in!"
These obnoxious brats, never a single moment of peace with that obtuse child around. He pulled out his wand, muttered an “alohomora" and swung the door open. At first glance the bathroom was empty, he couldn’t see Potter anywhere. A small gurgling sound caught his attention. The sight that met his eyes almost made his heart stop. In the big tub laid a small, battered child with his head completely under water.
Snape reacted with the speed of the light. With two big strides he was beside the tub, he wrenched the small boy out of the tub and laid him gently on the floor.

"Potter?!" He said with near panic in his voice. "Potter! Can you hear me?"
He used two fingered to take the pulse at the same time as he bent down to listen to the sound of breathing. As he felt the small pulsating veins on the boys wrist it was as if a hundred hippogriffs were lifted off his shoulders. Potter was alive.
A small cough dragged him out of his own head. His eyes were once again on the child in front of him. He couldn’t help but let out a gasp when his eyes fell on the child’s body. It was so sunburnt that yellow puss filled blemishes protruded out of the boys shoulder. The skin were completely covered with blue, green and purple bruises, and the child’s back had several open wounds. He couldn’t help the gasp that escaped his lips. What could have caused such injuries to a toddler?

"What ‘appened?" A small hoarse voices asked.

"Let’s just say that this was the last time you get to bathe without supervision you moronic child." Snape answered sourly.

"What?" Harry asked in a daze, seemingly completely confused with the whole situation. His eyelids began to droop again. Just before his head crashed to the floor Snape slid a hand behind his neck, breaking his fall.

A sniff from behind him made Snape jump, he had completely forgotten about Draco being in the room. As he turned around Draco stood as frozen in the doorframe. He was extremely pale and his whole body seemed to be suffering from a slight tremble, a single tear was running down his thin cheeks.
_____

Snape let out a deep sigh as he finally collapsed into his armchair besides the fireplace. He still couldn’t wrap his head around everything that had happened within the last hour. Potter nearly drowning in his bathtub, Potters starved and beaten body, Draco’s absolutely distraught demeanor, cleaning up Potter’s body to the best of his abilities, trying and failing to convince a very scared Draco to go to sleep. It had all been to much. In the end he had managed to put both boys in what had previously been Draco’s bedroom, and at long last Draco too had succumb to sleep. He still didn’t know what to think or feel about Potter’s injuries. The uneasy feeling he had earlier was back full with full force and a bit more. The thing was that he would still need to confront Potter with his findings. The state of his body, though horrifying, was not proof of anything, nor did it say much of how the afflictions we’re obtained.
Oh, he certainly had some ideas, all of them made his stomach churn and his anger flare violently. However he still would need Potter’s explanation to confirm his dreaded assumptions should anything be done about the situation.

He pinched his nose and gave yet another sigh. How was it that he always ended up right in the middle of both Potter’s and the headmasters crazy schemes and problems? On top of everything that had happened in the short span of a few hours, Dumbledoor had made him agree to yet another crazy plan of his. Begrudgingly he had at last consented to bringing the boys on a holiday, more to make the old coot shut up than anything else but still. Tomorrow he was going to have to bring them to Hogwarts, he still hadn’t packed anything, and he hadn’t even the faintest idea of where they were going or whom it was that was accompanying them.
An undignified groan escaped his lips as he reluctantly stood up to do the necessary preparations before he could go to bed.
To be continued...
End Notes:
Im sorry it has been such a long time, but here’s a very short chapter for you guys. I’m not quite sure if I like this chapter and I feel like I’m loosing the tread of the story. I am wondering wether I should continue this story or not, what do you guys think? I appreciate every review sooo much!
Chapter 8 A flight to catch by Iris
The morning had been utterly chaotic, but at long last all three of them was ready to go. Harry had woken up early that morning oblivious to everything that had happened last night. He had woken up in an unknown bedroom with no recollection of how he had gotten there. A few moments of confused goggling made him realize he was in Draco’s room. He had a vague memory of taking a bath. A blurred nightmare and a picture of Snape looming over him protruded into his mind. He had an idea of what might have happened, but he really didn’t like that thought at all. After quite a bit panicked fumbling around in his mind he had decided to let the matter rest and try not to think about it, he just hoped no one else would bring up the subject. At the very least his body seemed a lot better today, this of course did not lessen his suspicions of last night but he certainly wouldn’t complain about it. His sunburn was almost gone, his bruises seemed several weeks old, and the wounds on his back had lessened to thin white lines. Even the few scars that his younger body bore seemed less protrudent than yesterday.
____

Harry stood besides Draco waiting for Snape. Harry was wearing some grey sweatpants, a red t-shirt and a cream white teddy jacket, Draco who stood beside him wore almost the exact same outfit only with other color variances. Both boys had been a bit confused when Snape came into their room with a change of clothes that actually fit for each of them, saying they were going away and needed to pack. They had done as they were told hoping Snape would eventually tell them the reason. Luckily for them he wasn’t as grouchy as he sometimes could be and had told them in short unenthusiastic terms that they were going on a holiday. Harry was indeed happy for this, he had never been on a real holiday. Even if he had to endure Snape’s sour demeanor, Draco had really started to grow on him. Snape hadn’t said where they were going though. He hoped they were going out of the country, he had always wanted to go abroad. It would be nice to come back to school and have something to share with his friends for once.
Harry had to hold back a snort, this would definitely be a story to tell his friends when he got back. A freaking holiday with the snarky dungeon bat and the spoiled Malfoy brat. The situation was so extremely far fetched that they most likely would think he was pulling their wand.

"Are you ready to go?" Snape asked coolly as he walked into the room.

They both nodded in response. Harry looked up at Snape and was shocked, as he many times had been that summer at just how young and normal his professor looked. His sleek black hair was once again tied back in a bun, he was wearing a white T-shirt, black slacks and white shoes. The difference from his normal appearance was startling. However, the sneer he almost always sported was still in place, and so was his cold demeanor towards Harry. That was the only thing preventing him from believing that someone else had taken his professors place. Harry still had his suspicions though, even Snape’s attitude towards him had been off this morning. He seemed a bit less snarky and more attentive, as if he was observing all of Harry’s actions closely. If he was being honest, it made him very nervous.

With a calculating look at the two boys and a slight sneer Snape started explaining the plan.
"We will be taking the floo to Hogwarts where we will meet our companion. Do not ask me who that may be, that is the headmasters joyful surprise for us." He said with cold irony. "Both of your magical signatures are inducted into the wards and they will therefore allow you to pass in and out with the use of magical transport. However, due to your current…" he sneered at the last word "..size.. it will not be advisable to travel long distances. The headmaster has been so kind to book us tickets on a muggle device called an airplane. I do not know much about them so there will be no need to ask me for information. Regardless, I will expect the both of you to behave on the trip, you will not complain, you will not get into any mischief, and you will both do as you are told." He gave Harry a hard glare. "The location of this trip is set to Munising, which is a town in Michigan USA."
"Is everything understood?"

"Yes sir" both boys answered eagerly.

Snape gave a curt nod, then turned around, took his wand out of his pocket and shrunk the luggage. He put the luggage in his pocket and without looking at them, deliberately walked to the fireplace. Once there he stopped, crossed his arms and raised a brow.
"Are you coming? I’m not in habit of wasting my time waiting on moronic children and I wasn’t planning on starting today." He said tersely.
With a quick look at each other both boys moved forward towards the potion master. Harry fell into steps behind Draco. So far this summer Snape hadn’t been too bad. He hadn’t in any way been kind, but he hadn’t been directly mean either, and he didn’t want to go and upset him now.
Snape grabbed the shoulder of Draco and steered him to his right side, then he grabbed Harry’s boney wrist and dragged him non to gently to his other side. With a last warning to hold on, he dropped the floo powder and called out for the headmasters office.
_____

Harry fell tumbling out of the floo. His face was only inches from the floor when a pair of old, surprisingly strong, arms caught him under the arms and lifted him up into the air.

"Oh my, that is quite a speed." Dumbledoor said with a wink.
Harry was baffled, but very grateful for having avoided the collision with the stone floor. He felt his face heat up at the combined realization that firstly, he had almost face planted in front of everyone in the room, and secondly he was currently seated on the headmasters hip like a little baby.

"Uh, hi.. thanks.."

"Eloquent as always, mr. Potter" Snape sniffed and rolled his eyes while climbing much more gracefully out of the floo. By the looks of it Draco hadn’t done much better than Harry. It seemed as Snape had just managed to get a grip on the back of his T-shirt and kept him from falling. Harry wasn’t in any way surprised that Snape still favored Draco, and he didn’t much care.
Dumbledoor gave a cheerful chuckle before setting Harry to his feet besides Draco. Now that Harry had gotten a bit of overview on the situation his eyes fell on the last person in the room. A red headed young man was seated in one of the comfortable armchairs in front of Dumbledoor’s desk. He was muscular, very freckly, and had several old burns and scars on his arms. Harry recognized him immediately from Ron’s description of Charlie Weasley.

"Ah, everyone, this is Charlie Weasley." Dumbledoor stated. "Mr. Weasley here has been helping out planning and preparing for the care of magical creature class for the upcoming year. He has generously offered to help professor Snape on your impending trip. Charlie has taken the mugglestudies class, and are therefore more at ease with the muggle norms than many others. I think he will make an excellent addition to this excursion." Dumbledoor said with a glimt in his eyes, talking mostly to Snape.

For a moment Harry was afraid that Snape would blow up, not unlike aunt Marge, but the moment luckily passed.
"I have no doubt" Snape said ironically with a dark look at Dumbledoor. The headmaster simply beamed back at him

"Hi Harry! I’ve heard loads about you from Ron, it was a pity I missed you last year but it’s a joy to finally meet you." Charlie said.
Harry didn’t know what to say so he simply settled for a `nice to meet you too’. Charlie then turned to Draco and told him too it was nice to meet him. He had wisely decided from mentioning anything he might have heard about him from Ron. Draco, who Harry usually would have thought would sneer at him and throw a nasty insults only uttered a polite `hi’.

"With the introduction out of the way I must insist we move on to the more pressing matters as you are in a bit of a hurry." Dumbledoor smiled. "As you already know, Severus, you will be traveling with an airplane, I’m sure Charlie will explain in more detail how that works. I must quite frankly admit, I have not a cackling clue on how these machines functions."
Dumbledoor then turned to Harry and Draco before Snape had a chance to comment. "For you two it will be exceedingly important to act your age." He winked at them. "A bit of a different meaning behind those words this time I’m afraid. In muggle eyes you are three years old, and you will need to act like any other three year old." At the horrified expressions on both their faces he let out a load chuckle. "Come now boys, it’s not that bad."

Not that bad? If the shared look between him and Draco said anything, they at least agreed on the fact that this was a - yes, this bad- situation.

"Ah yes, I almost forgot. We need to settle the relationship between you all as to not raise any suspicion." At Snape’s raised eyebrow and warning look Dumbledoor clarified, still sporting the all so familiar glimpse of mischief in his eyes. "We can’t have anyone thinking you have kidnapped the boys now, can we? Draco, I think you can keep on being Severus’ godson. Charlie can be Severus’ cousin, and I think it is best if Harry portraits as your son." He said as if he had given this a great deal of thought, only the cheeky smile giving him off.

“WHAT?!" Harry and Snape exclaimed at the same time. Snape shot him a contemptuous glare before turning to Dumbledoor.
"Albus, this scheme of yours have gone way too far, I will not agree to this absolute ridiculousness. I see no point what so ever that anyone would suspect us of kidnap." He sneered at the headmaster.

"Now, now, Severus, you have already agreed to this trip, and I think this is the best course of action."
"I think that was all, you all have an explicit trip!"
Snape protested with I’ll contained outrage, and Harry stood there without knowing what to say or do, not completely sure what just happened. To his own indignation both Charlie and Draco was trying to hide their smirks. Dumbledoor just waved them all away with an amused look, seemingly not taking the faintest notice of anything.

At last they were once again off to the floo. This time they stepped out at the leaky cauldron. Charlie, thankfully, preventing him from falling on their descent.
_____


Getting out of the taxi at the London airport they all stopped momentarily while taking in the big airport. There were people everywhere, cars, taxis, busses and Ubers were pulling in and out constantly. People were scattering in and out of the various entries. In the skies above, big airplanes were taking off and landing in close proximity. Even though Harry had been raised by muggles and spent the majority of his life in the muggle world he had never been allowed anywhere near an airport. The closest thing he had ever come to a holiday with the Dursley’s had been the hut on the rock while escaping the Hogwarts letters. Charlie, who Dumbledoor apparently had chosen to accompany them because of his skills in the muggle world, had never actually spent much time in the muggle world. He had taken the muggle studies class and had quite a lot of muggle interactions in his work, mostly to keep muggles away from the magical beast he worked with. He was more at ease in the muggle world than most, but still far from an expert on the matter. However he had done some research on traveling the muggle way before this trip and had been quite confident that he would be able to guide the group safely through this experience. Now he wasn’t so sure, this place was big, and people were everywhere.

Charlie decided that this was his chance to show Snape that he wouldn’t be a completely useless addition to this trip and took the lead. The two small boys followed close behind, Snape making up the rear with only a slight look of dismay on his face. Well inside the building Charlie went straight to the ticket box, fishing up the phone and the four passports the headmaster had gotten him. Electronics didn’t work well in the wizarding world, but he had learned the basics to navigate his way on it. Luckily the line was short and he got their tickets out from the box short after.
Draco looked awestruck at the ticket machine.

“Wow! That’s so cool” Draco said in a high pitched voice pointing at the machine.
Harry let out a childish giggle, and Charlie smiled at them. Even Snape looked partly amused.

"Now we’re supposed to send our luggage on that belt over there." Charlie said pointing to a black conveyor belt.
"We need to pass through some sort of security before boarding the plane" he scratched his head " I’m not exactly sure how it works but they will be able to check everything we have with us, and there’s lots of rules on what we can and can not bring through.."

"Can’t we simply just pass through with it in its shrunken state?" Snape drawled with a raised eyebrow.

"Uhm.. I’m really not sure. I suppose we just have to try, in that case I think we should cast a concealment charm on both the luggage and our wands."

Snape looked half annoyed, half impressed with the young Weasley’s thinking. Nevertheless he steered them behind a corner away from all the peering eyes and cast the spells.

When it finally was their turn to walk through the security both Harry and Draco was extremely bored. They had been standing in line for at least 30 minutes and were very ready to be done with it. Both boys were moving forwards fast on their short legs. They had seen numerous others walking through a small archway and was about to do the same when a security guard stopped them.

"Are these yours, sir?" The guard asked Snape who stood 10 meters behind them placing his jacket on the belt. Snape looked up at that and glared at them both when he saw they had been running ahead.

"Yes, that is my godson and my…son.." he said, seemingly forcing the last word out of his unwilling mouth. "I didn’t realize they had gotten away from me."

"Ah, yes, an easy mistake to do. Better watch out, these little ones tend to run all over the place and easily gets lost. You wouldn’t believe how many lost children we deal with every day."

"I’ll make sure to do so" Snape said, sending a death glare at them as he grabbed their hands and took them through the arch.

As soon as they were all on the other side and the guard had turned his around he dropped their hands and crouched down.
"Behave! Do not walk away from us." He hissed.
"Sorry sir." They both said.

He shot them yet another glare. "And do not call me sir. You are supposed to be three year olds!"
They nodded glumly.

"what am I supos’d to call him then?" Harry whispered to Draco while Snape turned around and went to get his jacket.
Draco shrugged his shoulder "well, daddy, accordin to Dumbledoor" he snickered .
Harry grimaced and Draco giggled.

"What are we supposed to do now?" Snape asked Charlie.

"We need to find the right gate. You see that big screen over there? We need to find gate number 52, our boarding starts in 40 minutes. I think we just need to follow these number signs." Charlie answered uncertainly.

"I will never understand how these muggles work out such ludicrous systems." Snape muttered shaking his head at the screen.

Harry and Draco were shooed in the right direction and started walking along while looking at all the different shops and talking excitedly with each other. After about 5 minutes Snape was growling impatiently at them to walk faster. Yet another 5 minutes later it became apparent that Snape’s patience was wearing thin.

"Uhm Severus?" Charlie said.

"Yes?" Snape snapped in response.

"I think it might be more efficient if we just picked them up, it’s a bit of a walk." Charlie said cautiously. He was in no way scared of his old potions professor, but he didn’t think it was a good idea to continue tearing on his already lacking patience.

Snape sneered and gave him a mild glare. He was about to turn around and keep walking when he stopped to think. He couldn’t take much more of this dawdling before he exploded, on the other hand the boys couldn’t walk much faster than they already did with their short legs. He clenched his teeth before abruptly turning and scooped Draco up in his arms. Draco gave a small squeak and turned pink but wisely kept quiet.
Charlie placed his hand under Harry’s arms and gently placed him on his hips. Harry turned just as pink as Draco did. The humiliation of being carried by Ron’s older brother like a little child made him want to cringe.
"Ehm.. can’t I just walk on my own Charlie?" Harry asked timidly.
Charlie gave a small chuckle and looked down on him.
"Not unless you want Severus to burst out in flames out of pure impatience."
Despite the situation Harry couldn’t help let out a small giggle at the idea.

With a much higher efficiency they found the right gate, and after some time found an empty table to sit down at. Charlie sat Harry down in a chair beside himself. Harry turned to Draco and they chattered happily for a few moments while Charlie and Snape discussed the travel ahead. Harry was starting to get a bit hungry, but he was well used to the feeling so he didn’t linger on it. Draco on the other hand was not used to being hungry and was starting to get a bit grouchy when his stomach rumbled loudly.

"Uncle Sev, I’m hungryy" Draco whined.
Snape looked at him and with a sigh he looked up at the screen. They had 20 minutes until the boarding started. He supposed they should get some food before then.

"I suppose we’ll have time to get some food before the boarding starts if we do it now."

"I can go buy us something." Charlie said, raising from his seat.
Charlie came back 5 minutes later with four hotdogs. Draco and Harry chomped happily at their sausages while Snape eyed it with dismay before carefully starting on it. Draco devoured his hotdog in an impressively short amount of time. Harry giggled at his ketchup filled face handing him the rest of his own. He was quite full already after half of his hotdog.
Snape looked unhappily at Draco’s ketchup filled face, handing him a napkin.

"For Merlin’s sake Draco, clean your face. Who would have thought you have had lessons in proper etiquette since you were 5"
Draco’s cheeks turned a slight pink, but he grinned slyly as he innocently said;

"But I’m not 5 uncle Sev, I’m 3 remember?"
Charlie grinned and Harry snorted at him. Snape quirked and eyebrow but seemed slightly amused.

They were some of the first that got to board, and was seated towards the back of the plane on a four seat row. Charlie climbed in first, followed by Harry and Draco, then Snape at the end. The plane was big, it had two four seat rows with an aisle separating them. Harry and Draco looked excitedly around, each row of seats had their own window, and a small screen was stuck on the back of the seat in front. The boarding took a long time, by the time the security demonstration done by the flight attendants was done they both was quite impatient.

"Charlie, how long will the flight take?" Harry asked in a soft voice.

"It will be around 8 hours, so just get comfy." Charlie answered with a small grin.

"8 hours?!" Draco asked incredulously, appalled that any means of transport could take so long.
"But I need to use tha loo, you cam’t mean I’m suppos’d to wait 8 hours?" Draco asked with dismay and concern etched in his voice.

Snape sneered and quirked and eyebrow at him.
"And pray tell, Draco, why didn’t you go before we boarded?”

"I though I could just wait umtil we got there. I never ecspeceted the plane to take so long." Draco muttered, stumbling over the words in a very childish way.

Snape glowered at him, but turned around and called one of the flight attendants anyways.
"How can I help you, sir?" The flight attendant offered politely.

"My godson here need to use the loo, is there any available?" Snape said as politely as he could through his annoyance. He was not in a very good mood. His head was pounding, and the two imbeciles grated his nerved every chance they got. Had he not been in such a bad mood he might actually have been pleasantly surprised at how well the older Weasley boy not only knew his way around quite well, but refrained from annoying and disturbing him needlessly.

The flight attendant looked sympathetically at Draco’s small form.
"I’m sorry but we are just about to take off, the toilets will be available as soon as we are stable up in the air. Do you think you can wait until then, sweetie?" She asked Draco kindly.

Draco blushed pink and muttered a "Yes, mam". The flight attendant looked slightly surprised at Draco’s formalities, most likely not expecting a three year old to know any. As she walked away Snape leaned close to Draco, and fixing both boys with a stare he said;
"You are supposed to be three year olds, act like it!"

They glumly sat back in their seats, Draco squirming a bit every once in a while. Their gloominess didn’t last long however, as the flight began to gain speed. Both boys eagerly looked out of the window, giggling excitedly as the flight took off. Butterflies tickling in their tummies. Charlie too looked interestedly out of the window, enjoying the experience. Sneaking a look back at Snape Harry almost laughed. Who would have thought the grouchy, scary, dungeons bat would be afraid of flying?
Snape was gripping the edge of his seat so hard his knuckles were white. His face was pale, and a thin layer of sweat made it obvious he was not comfortable. Other than that his discomfort was hard to spot unless you looked for it.

As the seatbelt sign blinked off Draco jumped out of his seat, heading towards the loo. Snape, who still looked slightly unwell slowly rose and followed Draco on unsteady feet.
Harry felt his neck prickle, he turned around to find Charlie considering him.
"Maybe we should go too?" Charlie asked him.
Harry shrugged his shoulders, and he too jumped off his seat and followed Draco.

Some hours later the two small boys were nodding off. The Disney movie they had been watching on the small screen had lulled them into sleep. Harry shifted in his sleep, his head leaning against Charlie’s side.
_____


Charlie and Snape were both very tired as they stood outside of the airport, each with a small child in their arms. The flight had been long, and they were exhausted. Charlie waved at a taxi, at least it was only a ten minutes drive to their vacation home.
They paid the taxi driver, dragging their feet up to the front door. Disposing the children in their beds, both men collapsed in their own rooms, falling asleep before their heads even touched the pillow.
To be continued...
End Notes:
Ahh, the struggles of traveling with toddlers😜 Thank you for your kind reviews🙌🏻
I’m sorry it has been such a long time, but the everyday stress is literally killing me.
This might be a bit of a slow chapter but I hope you like it all the same. Please give a review, and tell me what you think.


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=3812