No Turning Back by Skylar Kay Nash
Summary: Harry went through the worst thing a kid his age possibly could. In a desperate attempt to escape, he runs home to the Dursleys, and swears off magic. Instead, he learns to live as a normal boy. Unfortunately for him, a certain professor has other plans.
Categories: Healer Snape, Teacher Snape > Trusted Mentor Snape, Parental Snape > Guardian Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Dudley, Petunia, Vernon
Snape Flavour: Snape is Angry, Snape Comforts, Out of Character Snape, Overly-protective Snape
Genres: Hurt/Comfort
Media Type: None
Tags: Runaway, Snape-meets-Dursleys
Takes Place: 5th Year
Warnings: Alcohol Use, Drug use, Neglect, Physical Abuse, Rape, Self-harm, Sexual Abuse, Suicide Themes
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 3 Completed: No Word count: 1625 Read: 4759 Published: 15 Dec 2022 Updated: 21 Dec 2022
Gone by Skylar Kay Nash
It had not gone unnoticed that the most famous student at hogwarts had gone missing. The professors noticed he wasn't attending classes. No one had seen him on the quidditch pitch. He never came to meals, and his bed was constantly empty.

It soon became clear he no longer was at Hogwarts. Professor Dumbledore could not have this. He sent for Professor Snape.

Severus walked to the headmaster's office in a very foul mood. The weasley twins had once again interfered with his class. He was sick and tired of their meddling.

His thoughts were brought to a halt as he saw the Headmaster waiting for him at the foot of the stairs.

"You called for me, Albus?" He said.

"yes. Harry Potter has run away. I am unsure why. I need you to go an bring him back." Albus said. Severus so badly wanted to roll his eyes. He resisted.

"Why? If he's left, clearly he doesn't want to be here." Severus replied.

"To protect him. You promised, Severus." Albus said. Severus growled. He had sworn to protect Harry. That didn't mean he wanted to.

Even still, he was a man of his word, and so, he set off. He'd go to the boy's home first. Maybe he'd run off there.....


Harry woke early that morning, and went downstairs. The Dursley's had been much nicer to him since he rebuked magic. Much fairer. Even Dudley didn't mind him so much.

Harry was getting enrolled into smeltings, and he was getting a real uniform. New. His own.

He was also going to have a christmas this year. He was their nephew, so he did expect Dudley to be treated better, but even still, this was a major step up.

If they had told him, and explained to him what he was, maybe this wouldn't have happened. Maybe he'd have decided to be more like them. Normal.

He still couldn't bring himself to think of Hogwarts. Not anymore. It had once felt like home. Like the best place he could be. He was going to miss his friends, quidditch, but he was happy here.

Wasn't he? There was that nagging doubt that built up inside him, every day. He dreamed, longed to go back, but how could he? Not after what he'd seen, what had happened to him.

Harry shook that thought away. The Dursleys liked him now. He was okay. He was safe here.

The doorbell rang. He went to answer it. Uncle Vernon was coming down the stairs at the same time.

"Who is it?" He asked, as Harry opened the door.

Harry's jaw dropped. Standing on the door step was the last person he expected to see. He turned to his uncle.

"He's one of the professors at that dreadful school." Harry said.

Severus was shocked. Dreadful? Didn't this boy like the school? He certainly asked to stay over the summer often enough. What could have changed his mind.

The man He had spoken to had come up behind him, placing his hand on the boy's shoulder.

What do you want?" He demanded.

"I merely wish to speak to Potter. Alone." Severus replied, doing his best to remain polite.

"I don't want to talk to you. I know why you're here. I won't go back. I start in Smeltings next week." Harry said.

"Mr. Potter, do you think these, muggles, can protect you better than hogwarts?" Severus demanded.

"What would Voldemort want with a teenage half-blood? I will never touch my wand again. I've sent it off with Hedwig. You can take my broom back to the school. I won't be needing it." Harry replied.

Severus watched him, bewildered.

"Mr. Potter, He won't care what you do. He wants you dead, and he will have it." Severus snarled.

"Leave my nephew alone. He's said his piece, you've said yours. if he doesn't want to go back, you can't make him." The man snapped.

"Quite the contrary, actually. I can do whatever I want." Severus replied, drawing his wand. He had been sent to do something, and by thunder, he was going to do it.

Potter didn't know how much he was willing to give up.
To be continued...


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=3826