A Potion's Miracle by Maraudering_Paige
Summary: Harry Potter is involved in a potions accident which ends up with him de-aging to a foetus and implanting in the womb of Severus Snape, who is a bearer. Severus can no longer spy, to the chagrin of Albus Dumbledore, but he uses it as an opportunity to show his true self, the person he has been forced to hide for over twenty years.
And maybe, just maybe, he can save his students from the pressures of war.
Mentions of physical, emotional and sexual abuse that various characters are trying to heal from. Many characters being bashed.
I don't own Harry Potter.
Categories: Parental Snape > Biological Father Snape, Teacher Snape > Professor Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Draco, Dumbledore, Neville, Shacklebolt
Snape Flavour: Snape Comforts, Snape is Kind, Snape is Loving, Out of Character Snape, Overly-protective Snape
Genres: Angst, Drama, Family, Fluff, Hurt/Comfort
Media Type: None
Tags: Abuse Recovery, Adoption, Baby fic, Deaged!Harry, Deaging, Mpreg, Pregnancy, Sibling Addition
Takes Place: 3rd Year
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys, Character Bashing, Emotional Abuse, Out of Character, Physical Abuse, Rape, Romance/Slash
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 9 Completed: No Word count: 40041 Read: 4687 Published: 06 Aug 2023 Updated: 23 Feb 2024
Care and Protection by Maraudering_Paige
Kingsley arrived back at Severus’ quarters about ten minutes after Neville had gone to bed. During which time Severus had transfigured the sofa into a bed for Kingsley, with blankets and pillows. Kingsley smiled at Severus as soon as he saw him, which made Severus blush, though he tried to hide it behind his hair.

“Has Neville gone to bed?” Kingsley asked as he placed his bag at the foot of the newly made bed for him.

“Yes,” Severus said softly, “On the weekend I said we would take him shopping for things for his rooms, and whatever else he wants. We also need to get him a new wand, one that actually chooses him,”

“Sounds perfect,” Kingsley said as he wrapped his arms around Severus’ waist and pulled him gently close, “Maybe we can start buying some things for Harry, too, if you want to,”

“Hm,” Severus hummed as he wrapped his arms around Kingsley’s neck, still blushing somewhat at the look in the darker man’s eyes, “We’ll see,”

As much as Severus hated to admit it to himself, he was worried. Terrified even. His body wasn’t exactly in the prime condition for a pregnancy, after years of abuse and torture, and although he tried to be healthy he had honestly never had a reason to be before, and often times would forget to eat, or sleep, or whatever. Because nobody cared, and neither did he. Plus with Dumbledore, Sirius Black, the Dark Lord, and literally everyone else, anything could happen. And he was only eight and a bit weeks pregnant.

As much as he hated to admit it, anything could happen. Everyone was acting as if Harry was going to make it to the end of the pregnancy, that Severus’ body could handle it, that Harry could. Without taking into account any external pressures also. Such as the stress that everyone causes him. The dementors around the school. The serial killer on the loose.

And as much as he cherished the optimism, he also hated it. Because anything could happen. Pregnancies were fragile enough as is without everything else that was going on in the vicinity. With his body. With everything.

He would try, of course. He would do whatever he could to see this pregnancy through safely. But he was bloody terrified all the same. And he didn’t think that fear would dissipate, at least, not until he was, hopefully, holding Harry in his arms.

His thoughts were interrupted by warm lips on his own and pleasant shivers running through his body. Soon though the warmth disappeared, mostly, as Kingsley pulled away enough to rest his forehead against Severus’.

“Are you okay, Sev?” Kingsley said gently.

“I will be,” Severus whispered.

“But you’re not now,” Kingsley said, concern in his voice.

“I don’t think I’ve ever been okay,” Severus chuckled darkly, “But, maybe, I can be, one day. I just… I just need time,” and so much more but Severus was never one to reveal what he needed, or wanted, because no one had really cared before.

“Do you want to talk about it?”

“Not right now,” Severus said softly.

“It’s okay to be scared, Sev. It’s okay to not be okay. But I am here for you, no matter what. Whatever you need, or want, whatever, I will be here through it all, to provide it all, I promise,” Kingsley said, rubbing the small of Severus’ back gently.

“I know,” Severus replied, and he did know that Kingsley would be there for him, logically, but it was still difficult, “Goodnight, Kingsley,”

Severus reached up to kiss the corner of Kingsley’s lips and pulled away, heading towards his bedroom with as much grace as he could muster.

“Goodnight, Sev,” Kingsley said, and Severus looked back at him with a little smile as he closed his bedroom door.







Severus was purging himself of the contents of his stomach into the toilet when he heard the door open and felt the presence of two people kneeling next to him. He felt hands gently pulling back his hair, and smaller hands rubbing his lower back in support and comfort, and as much as he wanted to complain, to tell them to leave because they didn’t deserve to see him like this, he couldn’t muster the energy, or the will to do so.

When he was done he collapsed back so he was sitting against the wall, eyes closed as he took deep, shaky breaths, and he felt a damp, cool flannel on his forehead, then another was being wiped softly around his neck, and a potion vial was pressed against his lips and he knew from the smell that it was his morning sickness reliever, and he guzzled it down gratefully before opening his eyes and looking at his… at his family, who were smiling at him comfortingly.

He really ought to start keeping a stash of those potions by his bed. But Merlin there was too much going on at that moment in time for him to remember to do so.

“How are you feeling, Sev? Do you need anything? I can get a house elf to get you something to snack on, or some tea, ginger ale, or something to help soothe your stomach some more,” Kingsley said.

“Some ginger ale sounds amazing right now,” Severus muttered gratefully as he stood shakily from his spot on the floor and made his way to the sink to clean up.

“Okay, I’ll go and order some from the kitchen for you. Maybe a stash of it to keep in our kitchenette,” Kingsley said.

“Thank you,” Severus sighed as Kingsley left the room.

“Are you okay, mum?” Neville asked worriedly.

“Yes, Neville, I’m fine,” Severus said, smiling slightly at his son in the mirror, and although he loved hearing the word from his son he also couldn’t help but worry now that everything had caught up to him, “I… You know you don’t have to call me ‘mum’ if you don’t want to, or aren’t ready to, right? I don’t want to pressure you into anything, and if I did, I’m sorry-”

“Mum, you didn’t pressure me into anything, I promise. I know I don’t have to call you mum if I don’t want to or am not ready to, you told me so when you adopted me. I call you ‘mum’ because I want to. Because I’ve always wanted a mum, and I know that I’ll never really get to know my birth mum, and she’ll never really get to know me. I mean, I know even you have tried to cure them, and if you couldn’t find anything, and you are the best and youngest Potion’s Master in the whole of Europe, then there is probably no chance of them ever being cured. And even if they were, it wouldn’t be the same, right? Because of how much time has passed, how much we’ve all missed. I mean, yes, they are still my parents, and I love them, but… I don’t know really, if they ever were cured then I would always be worrying about everything gran and the rest of the family dumped on me. Worried that they wouldn’t like me, or would believe in gran and everyone else instead of me,” Neville said, pain and worry in his eyes that tore at Severus’ heart.

“Neville, I may not have known them well, but your parents loved you more than anything else in the universe. I am sure they would be firmly on your side, and be rather angry at your grandmother and the rest of the family for what they did to you,” Severus said, and Neville smiled at him sadly.

“I know they loved me when I was a baby. But everything’s different now. And what if… what if, even if they are cured, they aren’t the same as they used to be? What if everything changed them? I… As much as I hate to say it, because I really do love them, and everything, I just… If they were cured, I don’t think I could go with them. Even if you and Kingsley hadn’t adopted me, I don’t think I could have done it. I think I would have been too bloody scared all the time that, even if everything started really well, that the other shoe would drop and they would start treating me like gran and the others. Or that they would just hate me, or something. And I can’t… I hated living with gran because I was always scared that they would do something to me, and I can’t keep living like that. But I would be scared, and I hate that I would be scared of my own parents, the ones that were tortured to protect me, but I would be. And it kills me, but it’s true. I mean, I would visit them, I guess, like I do now, but I… I couldn’t live with them,” Neville said, looking down at the floor, and Severus pulled the boy into his arms gently, holding him as he tried to control the anger he felt building at his son’s biological family for making him scared of his own actual parents.

The way Neville melted into his arms made Severus’ heart soar, even despite the pain.

“When do you want to go and visit your parents?” Severus said after a few moments of not knowing what to say, “We can go on Saturday if you would like, when we go shopping, and to the Bank, and remember to get you a new wand,”

“O-okay, if we have time,” Neville said softly, “Thanks, mum,”

“I haven’t done anything,” Severus said, confused.

“You have done plenty. More than anyone but my birth parents have done for me. And I thank you for it all. I love you,” Neville said, pulling back with a grin.

“I-I love you, too,” Severus said, awe in his eyes as he looked at his son.

“I’ll leave you to get ready now,” Severus nodded and Neville left the room, closing the door quietly behind him.

Severus took a shaky breath and turned back to the sink to continue getting ready.

“I’m sorry for making you sick again, mummy,” Harry said softly from inside him and Severus’ lips tugged up slightly.

“It’s fine, Harry. You don’t need to apologise. I don’t mind,” Severus said back.

“But you shouldn’t be sick because of me,”

“Harry, baby, I’ve been sick for a lot worse reasons than my own child. I am fine. You are fine. And that is all that matters. I am happy to be sick for you. You are a good reason for sickness. And I love you, okay, no matter what. You are worth all of this and more, and I will gladly accept anything that comes before I get to hold you in my arms, and even after that, so long as you are okay,” Severus said as he moved into his bedroom, smiling slightly at the mug of ginger ale sitting on his bedside table, which he started sipping on, grateful when it successfully got rid of the last of the sensitivity in his stomach.

“I love you, too,” Harry breathed, and Severus stopped in awe as his hand went to his stomach and rubbed gently, his smile brightening slightly at the words.

Soon he was exiting his room, dressed and somewhat ready for the day ahead. He saw Kingsley and Neville waiting for him on the sofa, which had been transfigured back into its original form, both also ready.

“I figured I would accompany you both to breakfast if that is okay?” Kingsley said, smiling at Severus when he saw him.

“That is more than okay,” Severus said, relieved that he would have a buffer of sorts there with him.

There was a gentle knock on the door and Severus sighed before going to open it, shocked to find Draco on the other side.

“Hi, Uncle Sev, how are you this morning?” Draco said as Severus let him in.

“Hello, Draco. I’m okay, thank you. How are you?” Severus said, noticing that Neville was fidgeting nervously on the sofa and giving his son a warm smile which was eagerly reciprocated.

Draco looked in shock at Kingsley briefly, then turned to Severus with a questioning eyebrow raised.

“Uncle Sev, there is a strange man in your rooms, really early in the morning,” Draco said suggestively, and Severus blushed slightly.

“Indeed there is. Is there a reason you came to see me, Draco? We were just about to head to breakfast,” Severus said, raising an eyebrow at his godson.

“Aw, am I not welcome here anymore?” Draco pouted jokingly.

“Of course you are, but it is a school day, and we all have places to be shortly, so what did you come to see me for?” Severus said, a smirk on his face.

“Well, I hope you don’t mind, but I wrote to mother and father about your pregnancy,” Severus’ eyes widened fractionally, “And they got back to me this morning to tell me to tell you that they support you and Harry, in every way. If you need anything at all, they will help you. And they expect you around the Manor for dinner on Sunday. Just you, I haven’t told them about Neville yet, but I will do so, and about your mystery man, and then the next time they can come over to. I am sure they will be very understanding about the situation once you tell them everything. Also, it was Pansy that threw the ingredient into Harry and Neville’s cauldron. I tried to stop her but she wouldn’t listen to me. But yeah, I thought you should know,”

Anger filled Severus at the thought of the youngest Parkinson being the one to throw that bloody ingredient.

“Do you know what she threw into the potion? And how much of it?” Severus asked dangerously.

“I’m not completely sure, no. You will have to ask her when you speak to her,” Draco said.

“Okay. Thank you for informing me, Draco. You may tell your parents that I will be around for dinner on Sunday, supposing nothing else comes up. Now, can we go to breakfast?” Severus said, and the other three nodded, allowing him to lead the way out of the rooms and down the corridors.

Upon arriving at the Great Hall they were, again, met with silence, especially as people looked at Kingsley and wondered what he was doing with the group. Neville and Draco said their goodbyes and went to their respective tables. Severus took a shaky breath as he noticed Dumbledore’s piercing stare on him, and he was grateful when Kingsley slid his fingers through Severus’ and squeezed comfortingly, not letting go until they sat in their chairs, somewhat surprised that the Castle had apparently supplied an extra one for Kingsley to sit in.

“Kingsley, my boy, what a surprise. What are you doing here? And would you happen to know why the Castle has deemed fit to supply you with a chair at our dining table,” Dumbledore asked, and although he attempted to be kind, and curious, there was definitely a hard edge to his voice, and eyes.

“Oh, I don’t know, sir. It might have to do with me moving into the Castle last night so that I can be with my partner and our sons during Sev’s pregnancy,” Kingsley said, and Severus blushed, hiding amongst his hair as he started to eat his food, and the rest of the school turned to look at them in shock.

“I didn’t realise you and Severus were dating,” Dumbledore said in shock.

“Well, we are,” Kingsley said sternly before he turned to his own plate of food and started eating, looking at Severus in concern briefly.

“And how do you feel about Severus being pregnant with Harry Potter, intending to raise him, and adopting Neville?” Dumbledore said.

“Did you not hear me say ‘our sons’, old man?” Kingsley practically growled, “I also adopted Neville, so there is no problem there. And in regards to Harry, I also have no issues. He may not be my son through blood, but I love him, and Neville, nonetheless. And I will support and love Severus no matter what through his pregnancy. We can have more children in a few years if we would like to. Heck, we could blood adopt Neville, and I could blood adopt Harry, if everyone was okay with that. But no matter what happens, sir , they are my sons, and Severus is my partner. And if you dare to even think about doing something to tear apart my family I will not hesitate before bringing down the entire force of the law, and everything else I can bring on you. And I will be here at every meal I can be, to watch over my family and keep them safe from you and everyone else that has a problem with this. Now, can we eat in peace, please? The children, and my partner, need sustenance before their classes begin,” Kingsley glared at the old man before turning back to his food and promptly ignoring him.

“Right then, I’ll be off to work. Sev, if you need anything don’t hesitate to send an elf or something to get me. I will come straight away. Hopefully I’ll be able to come back for lunch, but if not then I will see you at dinner. I shall see you later,” Kingsley said when he had finished his meal, gently kissing Severus on his pale cheek and squeezing his arm comfortingly.

“See you later,” Severus breathed, his stomach fluttering slightly as warmth spread through him.

“I love you, Sev,” Kingsley whispered into his ear, and Severus’ heart stuttered at the words, “It’s okay if you can’t say it back yet, I can wait for you to be ready. And I’m sorry if I’m going too fast for you, you can tell me to slow down if you want, and if you want me to not say those words again until you are ready then that is okay, too. But I want you to know that you aren’t alone, that you have a family now that you can turn to to help with whatever you need help with, and to look after and protect you, to cherish you. And we will do those things. But I’ll see you later, and we can talk, or whatever you want,” Kingsley kissed the still shocked man’s lips gently and then he was walking down the hall to looks of shock from many of the students, even more as he stopped behind Neville to kiss his hair and speak to him for a minute or so before he was finally gone, Severus’ heart still stuttering in shock, and awe, and… something.

Severus stood from his own spot and made his way to the staff’s exit from the Hall, making his way to his classroom earlier than he usually did, but he needed to attempt to control himself and the new, and confusing feelings he was experiencing before his first class arrived.

Although he was rather unsure on how to do that.
To be continued...
End Notes:
Hiya, how are you all?
I hope you enjoyed the chapter, a lot going on, and a lot of emotions for Severus as things start catching up to him. Next chapter will be their shopping trip, I think, to get Neville's wand and some things for him, and maybe for Harry, too, if Severus is ready to do so. Along with a trip to Gringotts for an appointment with Healer Greyclaw. And perhaps seeing Neville's parents. We shall see. But what else do you think is going to happen in this story? Is there anything you would like to see, even if it is something small? I am intrigued to know your thoughts. And don't worry, Harry and Severus will be having many a long conversation between themselves throughout the story. I just need to get this stuff over with and let things settle down a little for there to be time for that, ya know?
Anywho, I posted an essay/petition where I (un)officially explain why I think I should be cast as my favourite character, Severus Snape, in the new HBO series, despite the fact that I am a woman. It would mean a lot if you went and read it, but no pressure. It isn't going to lead to anything, unless, by some miracle, it goes viral, but it was fun to write. Feel free to go and check it out.
Also, I am working on some Spotify playlists for my fanfics, so if you can think of any songs you think work with the stories as they are so far, or where you think they are going, or songs that give you the vibes you get from the stories, then please do let me know and I will give them a listen, then potentially add them to the playlists. I will let you know as soon as they are ready, though it may take a few weeks because life.
I have a Facebook group called Maraudering_Paige which you are all welcome to join if you would like to and are able to. It is where we can talk about Harry Potter, fanfics, life, share memes and more. It is also where I have somewhat of an update schedule for my fics and will be keeping you up to date on what I am working on, in regards to fanfics, original works, and more things. So if you are interested in joining then I am more than happy to accept you all.
I also now have a TikTok and an Instagram for my fanfic writing escapades. The username is maraudering_paige on both of them so feel free to follow me, and we shall see how often and what kinds of content I can post when I can. But it is another way for me to keep you all up to date if you don't have Facebook and such, and for me to spread the word about other things I am working on and things I want to do and such. So yeah, feel free to join me on those if you are able.
And finally, if you like poems, then I write them and I have started a Patreon where you can read 1 or more poems every month depending on how many I have the time to post. You also get access to information about my original books I am working on before anyone else. And you get your name listed in the acknowledgements section of any book I publish whilst you are a Patron. For £2.22 a month. If you would like to join me over there and read some rants I call poems, and get updates on original work, then you may. My username over there is Paige_Makepeace. No pressure, by the way, you certainly do not have to if you can't or don't want to. I understand. I just thought it would be a cool thing to try. Any money made from this will go towards helping me write and publish the original novels I am working on. Including the one I am hoping to publish first which is a slow-burn, witchy, bisexual/lesbian enemies to lovers book.
If there are any other platforms you think I should join you all on then let me know and I will have a think.
I hope you are having an amazing day!
Kind regards,
Paige xx


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=3882