The Invisible Hunter by Perry
Summary: Harry is returning to Hogwarts for the summer when an attack occurs.
Categories: Parental Snape > Guardian Snape Main Characters: Dumbledore, Original Character, .Snape and Harry (required), Voldemort
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Action/Adventure, General
Media Type: None
Tags: Alternate Universe
Takes Place: 5th summer
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 16 Completed: Yes Word count: 18314 Read: 64722 Published: 22 Oct 2002 Updated: 10 Jan 2014
He's Dead by Perry
Author's Notes:
Urg. I’m VERY sorry. I was having a bit of a writer’s block. This chapter is way overdue by about 3 months, so I won’t keep you waiting any longer. Thank you for all the reviews!

Disclaimer: I don’t own Harry Potter, J.K. Rowling does.

Harry opened his eyes. The Occisor was standing inches from his face, but it wasn’t attacking. It suddenly moved, causing Harry to flinch. But, instead of moving towards him, it took a step back and started to speak.

“Potter…I want to kill you. I wissssh I could, but I cannot.” Harry had to strain to try and make out what it was saying. “But Lord Voldemort did not ssssay anything about keeping Ssssnape alive, did he?” The Occisor stopped talking and it looked to Harry like it was trying to think. Harry jumped when it started to talk again. “No, no…bring Misssster Potter back, never Ssssnape.” The Occisor turned sharply and stared at Harry. “Where’sssss Sssnape?”

Harry was about to reply that he didn’t know, but he blurted out a different answer.

“He’s dead.”

The Occisor stared hard at Harry and then grinned, at least, that’s what Harry thought it was.

“Sssnape isss dead? Aw, Potter, it isss not nice to tell liesss.”

Harry tried to put a confused look on his face. “He is dead. The portkey landed me in the clearing, but Snape landed near the edge of a cliff. The cliff started to crumble and he fell with it.” Harry desperately hoped that the Occisor would believe this, but he knew that it was not the best story.

The Occisor stared at Harry again. It knew something was wrong, but it also knew that it was best not to keep the Dark Lord waiting. “Ssstand up.”

Harry pushed himself up, trying to ignore the pain. He finally managed to straighten, but had to lean against the tree for support.

“Follow me.”

The Occisor headed past the tree Harry was leaning against. Harry knew there was no way he could escape, but he couldn’t just willingly walk to his own death.

Before Harry had a chance to decide, he heard a voice shout something from the direction that the Occisor had taken. He peeked around the tree to see the monster frozen in mid stride.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Snape hurried past a dead Goyle and hid behind some trees. The Occisor had Harry cornered.

‘Potter looks like a wreck,’ Snape thought to himself. The Occisor started to speak and Snape could just barely make out what it was saying. He moved quietly closer, but froze when he heard the Occisor question his whereabouts. His eyes widened when he heard Harry’s reply of his apparent death. It took all of his self-restrain not to groan when he heard the excuse Harry made. ‘Leave it to Potter to make up the lamest story ever.’

Snape was shocked when the Occisor replied by telling Harry to get up. ‘There is no way he could have believed that.’ Snape saw Harry struggling to get up and the Occisor stride past him. ‘Perfect,’ Snape thought to himself, now he could easily grab Harry and escape.

Snape jumped out from behind the tree, knowing he would have to be quick. But before he could curse the Occisor, someone else did it for him.

Standing on the opposite side was Lucius Malfoy with a smirk on his face and wand now pointing at Snape.

“Severus, what a nice surprise. Now, not only will I be rewarded for bringing in Harry Potter, but also for killing the traitor.”

Snape was sure that Lucius would drawl on for sometime as he usually did and was completely unaware when he heard the curse and had no time to react as it came flying towards him.

But it never hit him. When it was inches away Snape felt someone barrel into him, taking the curse and knocking him to the ground at the same time. He looked around to see what had happened and saw Harry lying on the ground next to him.

“Oh my God, he’s dead.”

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The end!

Just kidding, I wouldn’t end it there, well actually, I would, but it’s way too short, so keep reading.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Harry watched as Snape jumped out of the bushes, wand out. He felt relieved. Then he saw Snape staring and heard someone start to talk. He looked over by the Occisor and saw Lucius Malfoy. He was about to curse Snape. Harry glanced back at Snape; he seemed to think that he still had time.

Harry heard the curse and saw the light emit from Lucius’ wand and head directly toward Snape. He didn’t know why he did it, but he felt himself moving towards Snape. He dove at him, pushing him to the ground. Then something hit him in the back and he fell, landing hard next to Snape.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Snape stared at Harry, but found he was wrong when Harry started to writhe in pain. He heard muffled whimpers as if Harry was trying hard not to scream. It wasn’t the Killing Curse; it was the Cruciatus Curse.

Snape grabbed his wand, and jumped to his feet. Before Malfoy knew what was happening he was lying stunned on the ground. The curse immediately stopped, but Harry lay on the ground looking as if he was trying very hard just to breath.

Snape walked over to Harry and knelt down next to him.

“Potter, can you hear me?” Snape let out a sigh of relief when Harry nodded. “Can you get up?” Harry seemed to think about this for a second and then shook his head and muttered, “Shoulders”. Snape looked at Harry’s shoulders and found that they were worse then before. He reached into his coat and pulled out a vile of potion he had been saving and showed it to Harry.

“Here, drink this, it will make the pain go away.” Harry looked up at Snape and took the vile and downed it with one gulp. Immediately his shoulders seemed to go numb and the aftereffects of the curse subsided to a dull ache. He slowly sat up and handed the vile back to Snape. “Thanks.” Snape looked uncomfortably at Harry and seemed to be making an effort to speak. “I should be thanking you,” he managed to choke out. Harry wasn’t sure how to respond and just nodded his head slightly.

Snape stood up and looked around. “Well, we’re going to have to find where the apparation barriers end.” Harry stood up slowly looking confused. Seeing his expression, Snape would have normally snapped about what a complete dunderhead Harry was, but he found himself not able to. “Voldemort put up anti-apparation barriers so you and I couldn’t escape.” Snape decided to leave out the point that he had tried apparating on the first night after Harry was asleep, but only moved a few feet hitting a large rock and knocking himself unconscious for a few hours.

He looked back at Harry. “Do you think you can walk?”

Harry looked up and nodded determinedly, but his gaze fell back to the Occisor and Lucius Malfoy. “What about them?” Snape lifted his wand a muttered a spell. Green cords seemed to come out of nowhere, binding both the Occisor and Malfoy Back to back.

“There,” Snape said, apparently satisfied. “Well, let’s get moving. That will hold them, but a Death Eater is bound to show up and free them sometime.” Snape started to walk back towards the clearing they had appeared in. Harry looked back at the Occisor, hopefully for the last time, and hurried off after Snape.

The End.
End Notes:
Well, there you have it, chapter 13. But don’t think that the adventure is over yet!


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=426