The Invisible Hunter by Perry
Summary: Harry is returning to Hogwarts for the summer when an attack occurs.
Categories: Parental Snape > Guardian Snape Main Characters: Dumbledore, Original Character, .Snape and Harry (required), Voldemort
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Action/Adventure, General
Media Type: None
Tags: Alternate Universe
Takes Place: 5th summer
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 16 Completed: Yes Word count: 18314 Read: 64711 Published: 22 Oct 2002 Updated: 10 Jan 2014
Swiss Cheese by Perry
Author's Notes:

Just to clarify, this is NOT and will NOT be slash (no worries Cherisa, I agree with you on slash ^^) Sorry to any of you whom that disappoints!

Is it just me, or are the chapter titles getting weirder and weirder?

Disclaimer: All characters belong to J.K. Rowling

Harry slowly opened his eyes to find the familiar hallways of Hogwarts.

‘What happened?’ Harry slowly stood and looked around. Wasn’t Professor Snape just here and wasn’t something happening? All of a sudden Harry remembered what happened and looked down at his body. It was all there and it seemed somewhat normal.

What had happened then?

Harry started walking, not really knowing where he was going. He ended up in front of the stone gargoyle guarding the Headmaster’s office.

“Maybe Professor Dumbledore will know what’s going on.” Harry said to himself.

“Er…chocolate frog…canary creams…lemon drop?”

Harry tried every possible password he could think of and half an hour later he was sitting next to the gargoyle waiting for someone to come.

Just when he was about to give up, a familiar black shape turned the corner and stalked up to the gargoyle.

“Oh, Professor Snape, I was just waiting for Professor Dumbledore, I wanted t-“

“Swiss cheese.”

“Excuse me?”

The stone gargoyle jumped aside causing Harry to jump himself. Snape hurriedly climbed the stairs.

“Oh, I guess I’ll just follow you then.”

Harry ran up the steps to catch up with Snape and was met with a door slamming in his face.

Harry reached up to knock on the door. Except his hand went right through it.

He let out a screech of surprise and pulled his hand back out.

“What’s going on?”

Harry looked back up at the door and hesitantly stuck his hand through again followed by the rest of his body. He emerged on the other side of the door in Dumbledore’s office looking very shocked. Harry snapped to attention when Snape started to talk.

“Albus, I didn’t know what to do! That thing just touched him and he started to disappear! I couldn’t do anything!”

Harry had never seen Professor Snape looking so frazzled and it kind of scared him. Something bad had to have happened in order to shake him up so badly.

Albus interrupted Snape’s rants, “Who disappeared Severus?”

Snape stopped talking and suddenly looking very tired. “Harry.”

A feeling of dread washed over Harry. He ran up to Professor Dumbledore and Snape.

“I’m right here! See, I’m fine!”

“How?” Dumbledore asked quietly, he himself looking very weary also.

“The Occisor.” Snape replied.

Dumbledore sighed and put his head in his hands.

“What are we going to do Albus?”

There were a few moments of silence in which Harry just stood there, mouth hanging open.

“I don’t know Severus, I don’t know.”

“But I’m right here!” Harry practically screamed, “I’m right here!”

Neither the Headmaster nor Snape heard him, so Harry desperately tried to shake Professor Snape. He went right through him and landed on the floor. Harry started to panic. What was he going to do? No one could see him or hear him and he could walk through things! Was this what happened to all the people who were touched by the Occisor all those years ago? Was he stuck like this forever? There had to be a way out of this!

All of a sudden an idea hit Harry. “My wand! Of course!”

He reached into his robes and pulled it out.

“Lumos.”

Nothing happened. Harry shook his wand and tried again. Still nothing.

“What is this, some kind of no magic zone!?”

Harry shivered as Professor Snape started to pass through him. Snape stopped abruptly and a look of confusion passed over his face as if he had felt something also. But before Harry could do anything else, Snape was already out the door.

‘He felt something! Maybe that means Dumbledore can to!’ Harry thought hopefully.

He walked over to the Headmaster and stuck his hand into his back. Harry watched the Headmaster’s face for a reaction. He didn’t show the slightest notice of anything at all.

‘Why can’t he feel anything!?’ Harry thought in frustration.

Without a second thought Harry was out the door and racing through the corridors to find Professor Snape.

He ran through the hallways towards the dungeons wondering how Snape could walk so fast. Harry sped around the corner and right through who he was looking for. Harry was about to go through Snape again when he realized that he had a grimace of pain on his face. Then he saw that Snape was gripping his forearm tightly.

“Voldemort” Harry murmured.

“Not now!” Snape growled as he turned and rushed off in the opposite direction.

Harry remained standing in the hallway, trying to decide what to do.

‘As far as I know, Snape is the only one who can feel me, so I don’t really have a choice but to follow him. Besides, maybe Voldemort will tell the Deatheaters something useful about the Occisor. Heck, maybe he’ll even tell them how to get out of wherever I am.’

Harry realized that Snape was gone and rushed after him. He reached Snape just as he crossed the anti-apparation barriers.

‘Oh no, he’s going to apparate! How am I supposed to follow him?’

Just as Snape started to apparate, Harry made a last-minute decision and dove at the professor.

Harry realized it must have worked because he was now sitting in a room surrounded by Deatheaters. It was only then that Harry noticed that Snape had on the same mask and robe as all the others.

Harry also noticed his scar was starting to hurt. All of a sudden the dull pain intensified to an unbearable throbbing. Just then a tall hooded figure entered the room.

“Good evening.” Voldemort told all the Deatheaters. “Yes, a very good evening indeed. I have wonderful news for all of you. Just a few hours ago Harry Potter disappeared from this world and sadly, he is never returning.”

The Deatheaters stood in shocked silence for a few moments before cries of joy started to fill the air. For the first time, Harry was glad he was invisible.

“How?” One of the Deatheaters shouted over the noise. The rest of them quieted to hear the answer.

Voldemort chuckled slightly and gestured a long pale hand toward the door from which he had entered.

“I introduce to you, the Occisor.”

Slowly, a strange looking figure entered through the door. Harry gasped when he saw it in full light.

It had gleaming red eyes and its skin looked old and decayed. Growing from its long marred fingers were claws that though rotting, still looked very sharp. It flashed a wicked grin and Harry noticed its fangs that appeared to be stained red and black.

“Yes, I have brought back to this world the one who caused so much pain and loss for the Light and brought victory to the Dark. And it will do so again, only this time we will not fail.”

The Deatheaters, who seemed to be a considerable amount farther away from the Occisor, started to cheer again. They moved around and blocked Harry’s view of the Occisor.

There cheers stopped abruptly as a snarl emitted from the corner in which the creature stood. Harry moved around some of the Deatheaters in order to see what was happening. He finally found a spot where he could see the Occisor. The only problem, as Harry slowly realized, was that the Occisor could see him.

The End.
End Notes:
Another cliffy! Hehehe. Hope you guys like it so far. I got this out a lot sooner then expected. I’ll try and get more chapters out soon! Please review with comments and suggestion! Thanks!


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=426