OOPS! by Marietsy
Summary: This is a one-shot parody based off my story Lack of Faith. It involves Kayne and a rat.
Categories: Misc Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Original Character, Other, Voldemort, Wormtail
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Humor
Media Type: None
Tags: Alternate Universe
Takes Place: 8 - Post Hogwarts (young adult Harry)
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 2711 Read: 1564 Published: 23 Feb 2005 Updated: 23 Feb 2005
Story Notes:
This is a one-shot parody based off my story Lack of Faith.

1. OOPS! by Marietsy

OOPS! by Marietsy

Stupid Voldemort! he grumbled. He ran through the forest, scurrying under leaves and sticks. Go spy on Snape, Wormtail he mimicked in his head, sneering pathetically. Avery go with him, make sure the rat doesn't get lost. Jerk! Can't believe I gave my life up to an idiot he whined.

Wormtail and Avery had apparated outside the Snape's property. He had tried to spy on him days earlier but couldn't get past the wards without transforming back to his human form. Voldemort was not happy to say the least. He had sent Wormtail to clean the basement after a round of Curio. Dumb Deatheaters can't clean up after themselves. Oh no! I have to do everything. Dumb Dark Lord! he grumbled. It is not easy getting blood and other body fluids out of stone, without magic.

The Dark Lord had come up with the brilliant idea of casting a locking spell on Wormtail while he was in his Animagus form. With the locking spell on, Voldemort figured there was not way that he could transform. I don't think this is going to work but does he listen to me? Oh no! I am just a minion. Stupid Dark Lord.

Avery had watched as Wormtail transformed into a rat, then he cast the locking spell. He was giggling the whole time. He had been drinking before the Dark Lord called him so he was just a tad drunk. He missed the apparation point by at least a mile. Wormtail had watched as Avery started to dance around, singing and playing with the flowers that were in the forest. Idiot! Drunkard! I cannot believe he is a Deatheater. He gives us all a bad name.

Avery cried out and rushed toward a large, dead log. He got down on his hands and knees and grabbed something. Standing up, he started to coo at whatever was in his hands. "Oh you are just so cute. I could just eat you all up!"

Looking at Wormtail in disdain, he asked, "Why can't you look this cute?" and with that thrust his hands in Wormtail's face. Sitting on his hand was a little brown field mouse. Wormtail squealed and jumped back. He hated mice. Dirty stinking rodents!

Avery looked offended, and then sniffed "You are just jealous! You only wish you were as cute as this little guy," he said, looking at the traumatized mouse fondly. He looked at Wormtail thoughtfully then grinned an evil grin. "Oh I know!" He pulled his wand out of his robe pocket.

Wormtail squeaked, turned and started to run. "Stupefy!" Avery shouted. The curse hit Wormtail and he froze, falling unconscious. Avery pranced over to Wormtail and grinning, he transfigured the rat in a cute little field mouse. There, he thought smugly, isn't he the cutest little thing? He started giggling, then he disapparated.

The spell wore off after an hour and Wormtail finally regained consciousness. What the hell? he asked groggily. Standing on his feet, he realized that everything seemed a lot bigger than normal while he was in his Animagus form. What did Avery do to me? he wondered. He started to run towards Snape Manor. When I find out what he has done, I am going to hit him with my silver hand so hard that his grandchildren will be feeling it.

Wormtail ran through the forest, scuttling along. He was getting tired and thirsty. He finally came upon a puddle of water. He walked over to the puddle and bent his head down to drink. His eyes widened and he squealed in horror. He looked like a field mouse. He started to run around in circles, squeaking and squealing in horror. I am going to kill him! He turned me into a rodent. Me a rodent! What the hell was he thinking?

He ran back and forth, not paying attention to his surroundings. That is it! I have had enough. No more Dark Lord for me. I have some pride left. He stood still and with a resolved voice he thought to himself, I will go to Dumbledore! He shall saaaaavvvvveeeeee mmmmmeeeeee! He squealed in panic. He was flying through the air.

He squeaked in horror when he saw that he was headed straight for a tree branch. Ahhhhh! He closed his eyes and prayed to whatever god he believed in. When he didn't feel anything hit him, he cautiously opened his eyes. Looking around in relief he noticed that whatever held him landed safely on the branch.

"Whoo Whoo" he heard. Wormtail froze, his little body quivering. He slowly looked up and froze in horror. A large gray owl with small golden eyes was staring down at him hungrily. With a swoop of the owl's head, the world went dark for Wormtail.



Harry Potter was sitting in the library reading a book on charms. Severus Snape was sitting at the desk, reading a potion's journal. The fire was crackling and everything was nice and quiet.

A vague sense of sickness spread through Harry. Startled, he head shot up, he wondered what was going on. Severus noticed his movements and glanced at Harry worriedly.

"Harry? What is it?" he asked, concern lacing his voice.

"I think its Kayne. I felt a sense of sickness hit me. It wasn't me because I feel fine."

"Is he alright?"

"Not sure. Kayne is too far away to ask. The bond is still relatively new and the mind speech is only about a week old. The farther away he is the harder it is to talk to him."
he explained worriedly. He glanced at the clock above the fireplace. Kayne had gone out hunting five hours ago. He should have been back before now.

He put the book down on the couch and stood up, walking over to the window to open it. "I can sense him getting closer but the feeling of sickness is still there."

Walking over to Harry, Severus put his hand on the young man's shoulder and squeezed. "He will be fine Harry."

Harry just shook his head distractedly, watching the sky for his owl.

: Sick! sick... I feel so sick! Sick! Sick! I am going to throw up!:

: Kayne! Are you alright?: Harry asked his owl.

: Oh Harry I feel sick. I think it was something I ate.: Kayne moaned.

: Severus and I are in the library. Make your way here and we will see what we can do for you.: He felt Kayne's agreement over the bond.

Looking at Severus, "Kayne is feeling sick. He believes it was something he ate. Do you have any potions for him?"

Severus nodded. "Let me go to my lab and get a Stomach Calming potion." He turned and stalked out of the room.

A few minutes later, Kayne flew through the window of the library straight towards the desk. He tried to land but he skidded across the desk, knocking off the potion journal and the container of quills. He just laid there, panting. Harry could hear him moaning in his head.

: I am going to throw up.: he whined.

Harry tried not to laugh but it was hard.

: Go ahead and laugh Harry.: Kayne snarled then moaned. : OH!:

Harry walked over to the desk and started to pet Kayne, hoping to give a little comfort.

: Hands off you pathetic little human.: Kayne snapped, raising head the clack his beak. He dropped his head back down on the desk and whined again.

Harry just shook his head, amused. Severus came through the door with a vial in his hand. He paused a second at the sight of the pathetic owl lying spread out on his desk. He looked at the mess on the floor and then the owl and just shook his head. The owl really did look sick. He handed the vial of Stomach Calming potion to Harry.

"Let him have a couple of swallows and see if it works."

Harry walked over to Kayne. "Open up. Severus has been kind enough to bring you a potion to help calm your stomach." Kayne opened his beak eagerly and Harry uncorked the vial, placed it at Kayne's beak and tilted it. After a couple of swallows, he pulled the vial away and corked it.

Kayne laid there for a moment or two, and then struggled to sit up. He finally righted himself and hooted excitedly. : Severus is a god! I am feeling so much better.:

Harry started to laugh at Kayne's comment. He looked over at Severus, "Kayne thinks you're a god. He is feeling much better now," he said grinning. Severus just rolled his eyes, but there was a small smile on his lips.

: Yes sir! I am feeling so much better. I am doing good. I am awesome! I am the man! I am...Oh Merlin!...going to throw up:

Harry watched in disgust and horror as Kayne threw up on Severus's desk. He glanced at Severus and noticed the horrified look on his face. He couldn't help it, he started to giggle. Severus looked at Harry in shock. "Your bird just threw up on my desk," he said in a horrified tone. Harry broke down and started laughing, hard. Tears were leaking out of his eyes and couldn't catch his breath. It was just too funny. He should be feeling bad for Kayne and sorry for Severus's desk but he couldn't.

After a few minutes, Harry finally got control of his laughter. He walked over to the desk, still chuckling slightly. He patted the sick looking owl on the head. Looking at disgust at the mess on the desk, he froze. "Severus" he called in a strangled voice.

Severus had been looking at his desk in disgust when he heard Harry's strangled voice. Concerned he walked over to Harry, "What is it?"

Harry looked at Severus with a sick and horrified look. He pointed to the mess on the desk and asked desperately, "Please tell me that is not what I think it is."

Concerned he walked over to the desk and looked down at the mess. There lying in the vomit was a silver paw. Oh now that is just nasty! he thought, his nose screwed up in disgust. He leaned down to pick one of the quills off the floor. He used the quill to move the silver paw out of the way. He took his wand out and muttered a cleaning charm, cleaning up the vomit on the desk and off the paw.

He looked it over, put it down on the desk and waved his wand over it, uttering finite. The small paw transformed into a silver hand. He heard Harry gagging.

"Well Kayne we now know why you were sick. You ate an Animagus."

: Umm...oops? I only ate a small brown field mouse." Kayne replied, uncaring that he had eaten an animagus. It was not his fault if the idiot when running around the forest when he was hunting.

"Kayne said he only ate a brown field mouse." Harry replied, sickened at the thought of Kayne eating Wormtail.

"Wormtail was probably transfigured so he couldn't be recognized." Severus said thoughtfully.

Harry walked over to Kayne and grabbed the owl in his arms. "You poor poor bird. To have remnants of that nasty man in your stomach. You poor thing. Well not to worry, I will go find you a nice juicy mouse and you can eat it. Lets just get that nasty man out of your system." He crooned to the owl.

: Whoa! Let me go you moron! I am fine! I feel better now. Stop touching me damnit!: Kayne howled.

"No! I will make you feel better I promise." Harry vowed faithfully, a maniacal gleam in his eyes.

Severus walked over and grabbed Kayne out of Harry's arms. "Go, out the window. I will calm Harry down." With a grateful hoot, Kayne flew out the window. Severus turned back to Harry who was pouting.

"Why did you do that? I was going to make him feel better." He said stamping his foot. Harry looked like a child, getting ready to throw a temper tantrum.

Severus rolled his eyes. "Kayne is fine. What do you want to do about the silver hand?"

Still pouting, Harry looked at the hand and thought about it for a second or two. He looked at Severus, an evil smile spreading over his face. "I know!!!" he trilled out delightedly.


Voldemort was sitting in his throne at Malfoy Manor. He had a leg slung over the arm of the throne, swaying it back and forth. He was waiting for Wormtail's report. Avery had come back earlier, giggling, talking about brown mice. He had a flower circlet on his head and was last seen dancing down the hall of the manor, singing loudly.

He shook his head. Good minions are hard to find. He was lucky that even though Lucius was in prison, Narcissa was allowing him stay here for a couple of weeks. They were spraying for bugs at his place. Nasty little buggers.

A noise caught his attention and he looked up. A large grey owl landed on the arm of the throne and stuck out his foot. There was a large package attached to its foot.

"For me? Someone sent me a package?" he asked delightedly. The owl rolled his eyes and hooted impatiently. "No one ever sends me anything. I personally think they are scared of me or something." Voldemort exclaimed while taking the package from the owl.

"My you are a pretty owl aren't you? Would you like to stay with me? I have no one to talk too. Narcissa won't allow snakes in her home and have you seen my minions? I am ever so lonely." Voldemort said, reaching up to pet the owl. The owl snapped at him and with an indignant hoot took off.

Voldemort huffed, wondering if maybe he should kill the stupid bird. "Didn't want it anyways." He muttered under his breath, pouting.

Looking down at the package, he noticed a parchment was on top of the package and he opened it excitedly.

Dear Tommy boy,

I have some tragic news. I hope you are sitting down for this. My owl ate your rat. I know, I know. You are wondering how this could be but its true.

My owl came home very sick. He then proceeded to upchuck everywhere. I was horrified to see a silver paw in the middle of the mess and believe me it was a mess.

My owl then proceeded to tell me that he had eaten a small brown field mouse. Really Tommy did you think changing his appearance was going to help?

I am returning the silver hand that you gave Wormtail. I know you will probably want a keepsake to remember the little rat by.

My condolences, well ok not really. The little rat deserved it and it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

Sincerely yours, well ok another lie.

Harry Potter

Horrified Voldemort opened the package. Sitting in the middle of the package was a silver hand. The very same silver hand that Voldemort had rewarded Wormtail with for his service.

"AVERY!!!!!!" Voldemort screamed, the letter clutched tightly is his hands.

Avery heard his master's call and came stumbling into the room. He looked at Voldemort blearily. He had just got finished drinking a bottle of Firewhisky.

"Yes my Dark Lord?"

"What did you do with Wormtail?" he hissed.

"Umm...not sure why?" he asked, not realizing his life was in danger.

"Think carefully before you answer." Voldemort hissed, his eyes glowing red.

Thinking carefully, he remembered something about mice. Humming to himself, he swayed back and forth. "Remember, remember....Oh I know!" he looked at Voldemort proudly.

"Well?"

Avery pouted. "He was jealous of my brown field mouse. He was upset that it was cuter than him." He put his hand in his robe pocket and pulled out the twitching field mouse. He thrust his hand in Voldemort's face. "See? Isn't he the cutest thing you ever seen? Wormtail was jealous so I turned him into a field mouse." He said smugly, petting the twitching, traumatized field mouse. He hummed and swayed, looking bleary eyed.

"Because of you incompetence he got ate by Potter's owl!" he hissed out angrily. "What do you have to say for yourself?"

Avery thought a second. "Umm...oops?"

The End.


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=579