To Be A Father by Ldykiya
Summary: Severus Snape has tried to get custody of his Son Harry for the last 3 and a half years. This is what happens when the Ministry offers a compromise.

Just so you know Voldemort is dead and will be staying that way. This story is SLASH (James Potter/Severus Snape, NOT a Mpreg... Lily carried Harry for them there will be an explination flash back at some point)
Categories: Parental Snape > Biological Father Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Draco, Dudley, Dumbledore, James, Lily, Lucius, Other, Petunia, Remus, Sirius, Vernon
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: General
Media Type: None
Tags: Alternate Universe, Child fic, Slytherin!Harry, Snape-meets-Dursleys, SuperPower! Harry
Takes Place: 0 - Pre Hogwarts (before Harry is 11)
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys, Romance/Slash
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 9 Completed: No Word count: 9431 Read: 35049 Published: 19 Feb 2005 Updated: 24 Jan 2006
And they think I am an unfit parent? by Ldykiya

Severus stood up and glared at the large man with the red face bearing down on him and his son. He withdrew his wand and pointed it at Vernon, who came to a complete stop.

“Now… Now see here, there’ll be none of that freakishness here!” he sputtered.

“I am Severus Snape and I, weather you like it or not, have business with you. Shall we go inside or would you prefer me to conjure a table and chairs for us to sit around out here?” the potion master inquired with a smirk, rightly guessing that this man was the sort of muggle that wouldn’t want anyone to see anything less then ‘Normal’ happening in his yard.

Vernon quickly ushered them into the house. “Show him to the kitchen, boy, while I fetch your Aunt.”

“Am I going to go live with you again Papa?” Harry questioned as he took his fathers hand and lead him to the kitchen table.

Severus sat down on one of the chairs at the table and pulled Harry into his lap.

“I wish you could my Harry-Bean. But the people who decide where little boys and girls live said you have to live here.” He told his son.

Harry gave a small nod and bowed his head as a tear rolled down his small cheek.

“But they said we can have visits. Would you like that?” Severus asked with a bounce of his knee trying to cheer up his son. “Every other weekend as well as ten days for Christmas and five days for Easter. Won’t that be grand?”

“You mean it?” Harry asked looking up at his father with searching eyes.

“Of course I do. And guess what.” Severus said as he wiped away the solitary tear.

“What?” Harry obediently answered with an excited squirm.

“In July you get to come and spend six whole weeks with me!” Severus exclaimed with wide eyes. His ploy worked and Harry gave a little giggle before giving him a hug.

Just then Petunia and Vernon returned shooting Snape hate filled glares.

“Boy go and finish your chores.” Vernon snapped at the small child still clinging to his Papa.

“Here Harry. Take your snitch and go play in the living room.” The former spy immediately contradicted. “We can visit some more after I sort things out with your Aunt and Uncle.” Severus handed over the snitch to his son and watched as he scampered from the room before turning his patented glare on the two people sitting across from him.

“Harry will not be doing anymore chores then your son does and I dare say, from the pictures of that rotund piglet you are raising, he doesn’t do much of anything other then eat.” Severus informed them with a sneer.

“How dare you!” Petunia exclaimed in an outraged tone. “Why that little brat isn’t half the child my son is!”

“Thank god for small favors!” Severus shot back.

“What do you want here?” Vernon questioned warily eyeing the wand that the Wizard had laid on the table rather then put away.

The ministry has seen fit to give me visitation. And I will be picking Harry up every other weekend. I have the court order here and dare I suggest that even two morons such as yourselves can understand it?” Severus said with a sneer in the Dursley’s direction.

“Why don’t you just take the boy and keep him. It’s not like we want the freak here!” Petunia shrieked.

“Don’t think I haven’t asked. I have several times over the last few years as a matter of fact. This is what the Ministry is willing to allow me. Harry will be spending every other weekend with me as well as ten days during Christmas break and five days during spring. I have also been granted six weeks every summer. You can rest assured that I will take every minute of it.” Severus stated with finality.

Petunia opened her mouth to say something but Vernon stopped her. “Now Pet this isn’t such a bad thing. It’s that much less time the freak will be in our house and less money on sitters for the boy. Why we can finally take a real family vacation. You heard him six weeks Pet.”

Petunia finally caught on to the fact that Harry wasn’t going to be there all the time. This was both a blessing and a curse as far as she was concerned. While it would be nice to have the little brat out of her house it also meant that she would again have to do the cleaning and such as he wouldn’t be here to do it. She eyed the boy’s father for a moment and amended that here or not he wouldn’t be doing nearly as much around the house as he had been. With a purse of her lips and a short nod she remained silent.

“Now since you seem to be under the impression that those cheap, raggy hand-me-downs are appropriate for any child and not just your son the infant elephant I will provide Harry with clothing, toys and books.” After taking in the scowling and insulted looks on the Dursleys faces Severus sneered “I had better not hear of any of it being taken and given to your spoiled little hippo. Further more I had better not ever see another bruise on him or I will turn your son into the cockroach his father is!”

“Now see here!” Vernon Jumped to his feet. You will not go around threatening my son in my home. GET OUT!” His voice ringing throughout the house.

“I don’t think I will.” Severus started to roll his wand between his hands. “We are going to come to an agreement Dursley; One that benefits my son. Now sit down!” Snape’s snarl was much quieter then Vernon’s own shout but much more effective.

Vernon Dursley sat down quietly while glaring hotly at the wizard across from him. “What exactly do you want?”

“I want custody of my son, something that the Ministry isn’t going to grant me. Baring that I want you to stop abusing him, you will no longer beat him or force him to do chores that a four year shouldn’t be doing such as weeding a garden unsupervised. I am going to provide my son with clothing, books and toys as I said earlier. You will not take his belongings from him. Period. Not to give to your brat and not to throw away. You will no longer insult him. His name is not boy, freak or anything else your inferior little minds can think up. It is Harry and you will call him by his name.” Severus informed them coldly.

“If he is going to stay here he is going to earn his keep. He’ll do the chores he’s assigned if he expects to eat.” Vernon responded.

“Fine I will also see to it that he is fed no need to worry that there won’t be enough food for your son to grow into the whale you want him to.” Severus continued over Petunias shocked gasp “But my son will no longer be used as slave labor because your to lazy to do something yourself. Now I would like to see Harry’s room if you don’t mind. I will need to make arrangements for his meals to be brought there.”

To be continued...


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=648