To Be A Father by Ldykiya
Summary: Severus Snape has tried to get custody of his Son Harry for the last 3 and a half years. This is what happens when the Ministry offers a compromise.

Just so you know Voldemort is dead and will be staying that way. This story is SLASH (James Potter/Severus Snape, NOT a Mpreg... Lily carried Harry for them there will be an explination flash back at some point)
Categories: Parental Snape > Biological Father Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Draco, Dudley, Dumbledore, James, Lily, Lucius, Other, Petunia, Remus, Sirius, Vernon
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: General
Media Type: None
Tags: Alternate Universe, Child fic, Slytherin!Harry, Snape-meets-Dursleys, SuperPower! Harry
Takes Place: 0 - Pre Hogwarts (before Harry is 11)
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys, Romance/Slash
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 9 Completed: No Word count: 9431 Read: 35046 Published: 19 Feb 2005 Updated: 24 Jan 2006
Time to Redecorate by Ldykiya

Petunia and Vernon exchanged worried glasses for a minute before Vernon stood up and told the glaring wizard to follow him. Vernon led Snape upstairs to the second door on the right. Opening the door he made a sweeping gesture that encompassed the room.

“You see. The boy’s a little snot. He’s broken everything we’ve given him!” Vernon snarled.

“It’s more likely that you only give him your sons cast offs.” Severus sneered before calling for Harry to come upstairs. Once again the Dursleys exchanged worried glances before glaring at the small boy who had bounced up the stairs to stand next to his father.

“Yes Papa?” Harry asked looking up at the tall wizard that had called for him.

“Is this your bedroom Harry?” Severus looked down at the small child and questioned gently.

One look at his Aunt and Uncle told Harry that he was supposed to say it was. But he didn’t want to fib to his Papa. Harry chewed his bottom lip as he glanced between the three adults.

Severus knelt down on one knee and placed his hand on his sons shoulder. “The truth Harry-Bean, is this your room?” He said quietly while holding eye contact with the nervous youngster.

“No sir.” Harry mumbled quietly.

“Where is your room Harry?” Severus asked.

Harry glanced at his Uncles angry face before he clutched his fathers white button up shirt and said “the cupboard under the stairs.”

“What! Why you lying little bastard. Tell the truth Boy!” Vernon roared.

Harry gave a start and then quickly latched onto his father’s neck with both arms. Severus stood and shifted Harry to his hip while glaring at the Dursleys with a look that promised revenge.

“You know what Harry-Bean? It doesn’t matter. This will be your room from now on.” He told the little boy still clinging to him with all his might.

Severus stepped into the little bedroom filled with broken toys and old furniture. First things first he was going to have to get this room cleaned out of all the junk.

“I suppose you actually wish to keep this” Severus gestured vaguely with his free hand “stuff”.

“Of course we do. Why would we put it in here if we didn’t?” Petunia said as if she were talking to someone who had trouble understanding.

“I wouldn’t have the first clue as to why you would stack all this rubbish here. Perhaps you were simply too lazy to throw it in the trash heap where it so obviously belongs.” Severus pointed out in a tone of voice that clearly said what he thought of Petunias junk collection. With a sigh Severus lowered Harry to the ground.

“Harry-Bean do you remember what a house elf is?” Severus questioned. He didn’t want to summon his house elf and have Harry frightened by her.

Harry frowned but indicated with a negative shake of his head that he didn’t.

“A house elf is a creature, a little taller then you with long floppy ears and big eyes.” Severus prompted hoping to trigger a memory as the little stuff snitch he’d brought with him had.

Harry frowned a little harder. “Are they gray?”

“Yes. That’s it exactly. Now I have a house elf and her name is Mipsy. I am going to call her and ask her to clean out this room for us and I don’t want you to be frightened of her. She will never hurt you. Ok?” Severus told him.

Harry gave a small bit of a nodded and curled a fist around a handful of the black trousers his father was wearing. Severus stroked his son’s hair for a moment before concentrating on summoning his house elf to him.

“Master Severus. What can Mipsy be doing for you sir.” The house elf said as soon as she appeared.

“This is to be Harry’s bedroom from now on. I would like you to fetch some boxes and pack everything up and put it in the attic or basement of this house. Where ever there is room as long as it isn’t in here.”

“Yes Master!” Mipsy said with excitement before disappearing with a snapping sound to fetch the needed boxes.

Severus went over the desk in the corner and tore off a sheet of paper before looking about for a writing utensil. Unable to find one he grabbed one of the books stacked on the desk and looked for a page that wasn’t scribbled on. Finding one he quickly tore it out of the book and waved his wand over it. Harry who had been standing at his side the whole time watched in fascination as the letters began rearranging themselves, some dropping off the page and back on to the book the rest forming new words and sentences.

“What’s it doin Papa?” Harry asked in an excited whisper.

Severus smiled down at his excited son. “It’s writing a letter Harry-Bean. I am asking for permission to take you shopping for new bedroom furniture today. Then this weekend when I pick you up we will get you some decent clothing and such ok?”

“Ok Papa.” Harry said, giving a small bounce.

Just as the letter finished Mipsy reappeared with an armful of boxes. While the house elf began boxing up the belongings in the room Severus opened the Bedroom window and leaned out to give a sharp whistle. An owl, black as night, answered his call. He quickly tied the missive onto the owls’ leg and told her to take it to Albus Dumbledore. He turned around to see the Dursleys staring at his house elf in fear and disgust.

“You might as well get used to seeing her. She will be bring Harry his meals everyday as well as checking up on him to make sure everything is going ok. She will tell me if you take away his stuff or put him back in the cupboard. And keep in mind there is a reason the Ministry won’t give me full custody. I will keep my word and transfigure your son in to a cockroach should you pissed me off.” Severus growled at them before picking his son back up in his arms.

Vernon’s face turned purple with rage but he held it in unwilling to do anything to cause this freak to do anything to his family. He quickly ushered his wife away from the room.

Ok now Harry, my boy, what color would you like the walls of your room to be?” Severus asked turning his attention completely on his son.

“Can I have forest?” Harry asked. He liked pictures on the wall at Dudley’s preschool. He always went with his Aunt to pick up his cousin. He was old enough for preschool but his Aunt and Uncle wouldn’t pay the fees for him to attend and the public preschool was just far enough away that Aunt Petunia would have to transport him herself or pay for the school bus to come for him. Neither of which his family was willing to do. So while Dudley got to go to school and learn his letters Harry stayed home and did chores. Maybe if he was good his Papa would pay for him to go and learn his letters to.

“With animals like at Dudley’s preschool?” Harry added after a minute.

“Of course you can. How about we put a castle on one wall and the forest on the other walls? We can even paint the ceiling to look like the night sky and charm the stars so they will sparkle at night and the animals so they can move, how about that?” Severus offered.

Harry clapped his hands and nodded his head enthusiastically. “With fluffy green carpet.”

To be continued...


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=648