Cultures Collide by Demonic Angel
Summary: This is my response to Severitus Challenge with little twists along the way....Please note that this whole story was completely finished a month before OotP came out......Chapters 21 & 22 finally added
Categories: Parental Snape > Biological Father Snape > Severitus Challenge Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Draco, Dumbledore, Fred George, Ginny, Hermione, Lily, Lucius, Original Character, Petunia, Remus, Ron, Sirius, Vernon, Voldemort
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Angst, General
Media Type: None
Tags: Alternate Universe
Takes Place: 5th summer
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 23 Completed: No Word count: 74933 Read: 64842 Published: 26 Mar 2005 Updated: 29 Jun 2006
How Would you Like Your Casket? by Demonic Angel

"Bria, Bria. Come one the train will be at the station soon!"

"I'm on my way, hold your horses!"

"Well I don't want to be late."

Bria quietly walked up from behind Harry, "Well then what are you standing around for?"

The two kids ran out of the castle and headed to the Womping Willow to take the secret passage to town. "The last one there is the son of Snape." Bria shouted as the two kids took off running across the grounds. When she reached the tree Bria started looking frantically for a stick to catch the lever with when Harry walked to some nearby bushes, pulled out a branch he kept hidden and opened the door to the passage way. "Hey, that ain't right, you put that there."

"Sure did, looks like I won and by it also looks like your Snape's kid."

"At least I don't look like him." Bria spat back as she caught up with him.

******************************

~At the train station~

"Harry, is something wrong? You haven't' said a single word since we entered the passage."

"Just something you said got me thinking."

"What about?"

"How you know me to look. Have you noticed any changes in me since we first met?"

"Not many but, I was awfully busy noticing how different life is here. I do know you have grown a good six inches now at least and the sun has given you reddish highlights in your hair but, other than that you still look like the strange kid in the robes shop."

Harry pulled out his wallet with some photos in it. "This is what I looked like just last spring and these are photos of my parents. Now do you see what I mean?"

"Wow you looked almost identical to your dad but now I can see a lot more of your mom in you."

"You also said I looked like Snape."

"Well that's just the long hair and your height" she lied. "It's just as untamed as it in the photo though. Can I help you with that?" Harry nodded and Bria jumped up to braid his hair that was almost to the center of his back. "Besides they say your eyesight is inherited and surely your mom doesn’t need glasses."

Harry bit his lip. "All of a sudden neither do I. I replaced the lenses with plain glass a few days ago."

"Have you talked to anyone else about this?"

"I tried but all I continue to hear is how much I look like my father when he was my age and how I should read my mum's diary for answers without jumping to conclusions."

"Well what have you learned from her?"

"Not much that I didn't already know. Just how she was such great friends with my dad, Sirius, and Remus, and what a bitch my Aunt Petunia was back then, and last of all how my grandparents died."

"Anything else?"

"Yeah, she was friends and even had a crush on my dad's cousin, Professor Snape."

"There you go. The reason you resemble him is because he's your dad's cousin. That happens in a lot of families."

"Ok, here's something. The other day Snape and I were talking and he had mentioned to me that almost all of the time the Sorting Hat places the students in the same house that their father was in.."

"So that means I will be in Gryffindor with you then? Kewl!"

"Please let me finish. Yes, like Lily, James, Remus, and Sirius I am now in Gryffindor but, when I the hat was first placed on me it was going to place me into the Slytherin House until I begged it not to."

"Now wait a second. You said most of the time it will put you in the house your father was in. There is still a chance that the hat was wrong at first."

"But what if it wasn't and I was suppose to be put into Slytherin?"

"Well I don't know what else to tell you that everyone else hasn't. I know your getting frustrated and jumping to conclusions. Don't read the whole diary, just skim through it to see if you can find the answers and if that doesn’t work then just start asking your uncles the right questions. But when you start asking questions make sure you are ready for the answers no matter what they may be. Ok, all done" Bria said as she finished with his hair.

"Ok, I will. Thank you for listening."

"Anytime, what else are friends there for?" Bria said as she gave him a hug and kiss on the cheek but, Harry happened to turn his head and their lips met. At first it startled both of them but still continued the kiss and completely ignored the train as it arrived.

Ron and Hermione were some of the first ones off the train and they quietly snuck up on their friend. "I knew there had to be a good reason on why you would jump at the chance to come to school early." Ron said.

Harry and Bria were quickly startled and both turned bright pink from being caught. "Whatever you guys do, don't let my uncles know about what you just saw."

"Why not mate?" Ron stated "Sirius would sit there and congratulate you for it."

"Yeah he would but, I think Remus would try to tear my throat out.

"No he wouldn't He would just sit there and advise you that you may want to slow down a bit." Hermione replied.

"Um..that may be the case if I didn't happen to be his daughter." Shocked by what they heard, Hermione glared at the two this Ron's mouth fell open. Ginny and her new friend happened to overhear the conversation as they were walking up.

"Well, it was nice knowing you." Ginny said as she gave Harry a kiss on the cheek, "Would you like an open or closed casket at your services?"

"Better make it closed, sis. Remember his throat will be ripped out."

"Thanks a lot you two. Ginny who's your friend?" Bria said as she noticed to tall curly brown-hair, brown eyed girl with her.

"Oh sorry, this is Ann Marie. She's a transfer from the Salem school. She's going to be in Gryffindor with us and her brother is the tall jerk over there talking with Dra...Malfoy."

Hermione looked over and checked out the new boy. He was a little stocky, the same height as Ron, brown short spiked hair with blonde tips, wearing a t-shirt that the sleeves were torn off and faded jeans. "Um, what years are you and your brother in?" she asked.

"Jamie and I are both in our 5th year."

"So your twins huh? I bet you guys get along perfect together like my brothers." Ron said as he pointed to Fred and George who were handing out Canary Crèmes to the first year students."

"I don't think so. Please!" Ann Marie snapped, "We use to drive my mom nuts with our constant fighting and bickering. She said we were just like her and our uncle when they were our age, always at each other's throats. Besides you won't have to worry too much about us fighting here, they put Jamie in a different house than me."

Bria leaned over and whispered in Harry's ear "See twins and in two different houses. It happens."

"Hey Runt! Better get your tail in gear! Dad will kill me if I loose you on the first day of school!" Jamie shouted as he boarded the carriage with Draco, Crabbe, and Goyle.

"Good, means I'll finally be an only child!" Ann Marie spat back kissing the palm side of her hand and smacking it against her butt, then she looked at the group and said "See what I mean."

"Looks like they grabbed the last carriage, come on we'll take the passage back to school." Harry said and they all headed onto school.

To be continued...
End Notes:
Please review.


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=667