Cultures Collide by Demonic Angel
Summary: This is my response to Severitus Challenge with little twists along the way....Please note that this whole story was completely finished a month before OotP came out......Chapters 21 & 22 finally added
Categories: Parental Snape > Biological Father Snape > Severitus Challenge Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Draco, Dumbledore, Fred George, Ginny, Hermione, Lily, Lucius, Original Character, Petunia, Remus, Ron, Sirius, Vernon, Voldemort
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Angst, General
Media Type: None
Tags: Alternate Universe
Takes Place: 5th summer
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 23 Completed: No Word count: 74933 Read: 64801 Published: 26 Mar 2005 Updated: 29 Jun 2006
Sortings, Confrontations, and the Mysteries of Beltaine by Demonic Angel

When they finally reached Hogwarts everyone went onto the Gryffindor table leaving Bria behind with the first year students who were waiting to be sorted.

All the kids sat around talking about what they did over the summer while the younger class slowly walked in. Bria suddenly noticed the kid infront of her along with a few other kids turned into Canaries. The girl couldn't help but laugh drawing the attention of the rest of the school

"Hey, so far I think I may just like it here after-all." Ann Marie quietly told Ron. " At my old school we would be dead if we tried pullin' a stunt like that."

"Oh that's nothing, we usually have prank wars throughout the year. Especially with my brothers here."

"Ann Marie, where did your brother disappear to?" Hermione asked.

"I'm not sure. Hang on." And she quietly cast a seeking charm. "There he is." As she pointed to a large balloon that was hovering about 2 feet over someone sitting at the Slytherin table. All of a sudden the balloon burst and the boy was drenched with ice water.

"ANN MARIE!" was bellowed across the room. All the teachers looked at where the scream came from and noticed Jamie standing there bright red in anger ready to kill his sister. As Jamie started leaving the table, Severus walked over to stop the boy.

Dumbledore then stood up and everyone finally calmed down and went back to their seats. "Now that we are all calmed down I have a few announcements. Fir..."

Dumbledore was interrupted by Fred and George standing up and singing,

"Announcements, announcements, annooouuncements,

A terrible waste of time.

A terrible waste of time

A terrible terrible terrible terrible, Terrible waste of time"

"Thank you very much Mr. Weasley and Mr. Weasley. Now as I was saying. First of all I would like to welcome back Professor Lupin who has graciously agreed to fill the position and teach Charms. We also have two new professors this year. Professor Black will be teaching Defense Against Dark Arts and for the 5th through 7th year students we offer you the chance to learn Animagus Studies in which upon receiving your N.E.W.T.S in the course you will be registered as an Animagus. Last off all I would like to introduce Professor Lightpaws who comes to us from America to teach Herbology this year. Now for some reminders. The dark forest on the edge of the school grounds is forbidden and anyone who risks entering it will certainly risk an untimely death. The third floor corridor is once again off limits, and lastly, students are not allowed to use magic in the corridors of the castle. Now Professor McGonagall will start the Sorting."

"Thank you professor. First years, when I call you by name you will come up and take a seat and then the Sorting Hat will be placed upon your head and sort you into your respected houses where you will live until you graduate. Before I start with the first years we have one very bright fourth year student who comes to us after being privately tutored. Miss. Gabriella Lightpaws."

Bria walked up and sat onto the stool while the hat was placed on her head.

Well I'll be! You are quite different from the others. Here it is, just like your father in a lot of ways, loyal, extremely patient, and understanding but also you are friendly towards most, but can be feisty when you need to be, quite intelligent already but still a strong eager and will to learn more. I know the perfect place for you.'

"RAVENCLAW!"

This shocked Bria, Remus, Harry, and all their friends. They were certain that she would join them in Gryffindor. McGonagall removed the hat and Bria calmly walked over to the table of cheering students then as she sat down she glanced over at Harry thinking. It's gonna be hard enough to see him with us being in different grades, but different houses as well will be even worse. Oh well, nothing like a challenge.

"Ok now onto the first year students" McGonagall continued.

"Courtney Brown" "GRYFFINDOR" "Sandy Johnson" "HUFFLEPUFF" "Jeramy Wagner: "RAVENCLAW" "Linda Johnson" "HUFFLEPUFF"

And the sorting continued on. By the time they were done the first years were divided into the following: 14 went into Slytherin House, 16 went into Hufflepuff House, 7 went into Ravenclaw House and, 9 into Gryffindor House. It seemed as if the sorting itself went by quicker than usual but, that was because Ann Marie and the Weasley boys spent most of the time planning out different tricks they could play on her brother and his friends. Needless to say, Jamie and Draco were also making plans for revenge on his sister.

When the evening's events were over with, Bria joined her friends at the doors to the dinning hall.

"What happened up there?" Hermione asked. "I thought for sure that you would be in our house."

"I'm not sure. I wish I was since I don't know anyone in Ravenclaw."

Cho Chung walked up. "Ron, Hermione." The she looked at Bria. "I know you are new and all but let me give you some advise as a house-mate. Watch your back around some of these people you believe are your friends, they will literally stab you in the back the first chance they get." Then she glared at Harry.

"I'm sorry but it's pretty much my business on who I chose to be my friends. I don't know what your problem with them is and to be honest I really don't care because that's your problem."

"Let's put it this way. Everyone in our house except the first years know that he is a murdering son of a bitch who should be in Azkaban like his Godfather and the creature he considers an uncle of his."

Bria saw red as she slowly approached Cho. "Listen Bitch, from what I can tell is that if our house feels the same way as you then I would have rather been placed in Slytherin. The only one who I can possibly see as backstabbing anyone is your ugly ass. As for Cedric's death. Yes I am very aware of what happened last year. I heard all about it from Sirius whom I consider just as much my uncle as Harry here considers my father to be his uncle."

"Your father? So you are a monster just like him?"

"The only monster I see is you and for your information. No I'm not just like my father. He may only be able to change on the full moon but, as for me." Bria glared giving a wicked grin. "I am able to change anytime I want."

Cho turned almost ghostly white. "Just wait until everyone hears. You'll have no friends once they find out you are just another freak."

Ann Marie popped in "Way to go girl! I didn't know you had it in you. We'll just have to add her onto the list of victims."

"No thanks. I can handle her myself. Since she wants a war, that is exactly what she is in for."

"Don't get yourself into any trouble over her." Harry stated, "The last thing I want is to see you put on restriction again."

"I highly doubt my mom is going to punish me for defending myself."

"Well, that all depends on how far you decide to go this time." Dannie said as she walked up with Remus and Sirius.

"What do you mean this time?" Bria asked

"Do you really want me to go through the list?"

Remus glared at his daughter in surprise while Sirius stated as he cracked a grin, "I didn't think Remie's pup could cause much trouble. Please enlighten me."

Bria stared at the ground knowing what a handful she had been for her mother. "No ma'am. But they never could prove it was me."

"That is not the point. You and I know exactly what you did and how you did it. Besides, we've come here to start over and to put those problems behind us."

"But mom, did you hear what she said about Harry and dad?"

"You are not in trouble for what you said but, this time please watch out with what you have been known to do when and if the time comes."

"Ok I guess but, heads up. When the time comes it will be no worse and no less than what she deserves." And with that said Bria walked off towards the Ravenclaw entrance while her friends were close behind her.

"What was that all about?" Harry asked.

"Just mom's way of telling me that she's keeping an eye on me so I don't step outta line again."

"Ok, spill it girlfriend. Whacha' do back home?" Ann Marie questioned.

"Just some harmless pranks on the jerks back home but, mom was called into the principals office almost weekly with the accusations against me. Listen I really don't want to go into this please. It's late and we start classes in the morning."

"You guys head on back. I'll catch up." Harry said to their friends, then looked at Bria. "Are you going to be alright?"

"Yeah, of course I will. One question. Why is it that Sirius is always acting like I should be Little Miss Innocent?"

"I think he's a bit thrown off since I have always heard how your dad was the more logical one and didn't get into as much trouble as the rest of the Marauders."

"Guess I'm a bit of a disappointment to him then."

Harry put his arms around her waist as he pulled her towards him. "You may just throw him into shock a few times and maybe even give him some more gray hairs but, I don't think you could ever disappoint him."

Bria put her arms onto his shoulders, "I sure hope your right. I really must be turning in though."

Harry then leaned down and kissed her goodnight. "Just be careful and sweet dreams. I will see you breakfast."

"I will and you too. Night." Bria said then she turned and entered the common room.

"Well, Well, there is our newest little freak" Cho announced to the room full of students. "Finally decided to leave the side of her murderous boyfriend."

Bria looked over towards the girl and remembering her mother's warning just shook her head and headed onto her dorm as everyone stared at her. After looking for quite awhile she finally found her room and noticed there was only one other bed. Well at least I can have some peace and quiet. She thought as she lay down to sleep.

******************************

Harry went on up to his dorm room and found Ron, Neville, and Dean unpacking their trunks. "Do any of you know where Seamus is? I didn't see him down at the feast."

"You didn't hear?" Dean asked.

"Hear what?"

"He wrote me over the summer. His family was upset about what happened at the tournament so they moved. They are now living in America so he will be going to Salem."

"Hermione said she got a letter from Parvati telling her that they were moving to France so she's now going to Beauxbatons." Said Ron

"So Harry I saw you in the corridor with the new girl, Gabriella. What's the story?" asked Dean

"Nothing really. She moved here with her mum a few weeks ago and we've become good friends since then."

"Good friends my ass. Not with what Mione and I walked up on this morning."

"I forgot you saw that. Well, it's nothing serious so, who knows."

"Well, we're going to go check on the girls, you coming?" Ron asked.

"No thanks, I've got some stuff to do. See you later."

The three boys walked over to the girl's dorm. "Hello ladies." Said Ron "Can we come in?"

"Don't see why not, we were just finishing unpacking." Lavender said.

Ron walked over to Ann Marie's nightstand and picked up a book. "So what are you reading?"

Ann Marie quickly grabbed it from him. "Nothin', that's just an old family photo album."

Ron smirked "So any of those nudie baby pictures of you in there?"

"Ron!" Hermione yelled as she slapped his arm.

"Of coarse there are. I even have some of Jamie in it too." She said as she winked at Hermione.

"Erm, well that's nice."

"Nice? Come now Mione, I caught you checking out my brother."

"I think not!"

"Hey it's kewl if you like him. He usually acts like a jerk but he can be a sweet heart too."

Hermione quickly changed the subject. "Well, I'm done. You guys ready to invade the kitchens?"

"Invade the kitchen? Mione, that doesn't' sound like you"

"Ron, sshh." Ann Marie said as she motioned towards Dean and Lavender sitting on the window ledge. "Looks like they want to be alone."

"Yeah your right. Let's get going. Neville are you coming?" Ron asked.

No reply.

Hermione grabbed Neville's arm. "Quit gawking and let's go." And with that the four kids left the room but only went down to the common room.

*****************************

2 May 1981

DD,

Last night was so wonderful I couldn't believe that a ball could be so much fun. That's right, a ball. Well it was really a big feast to celebrate Baltaine and then the first to third years went back to stay in their houses while the rest of us changed into our outfits for the Masquerade.

We weren't suppose to know who each other was but I had no problems picking out James and Siri since they were the two clowns that were slam-dancing all over the dance floor. I can't believe Patty actually joined in with them. She actually climbed up onto the stage and dove into the crowd, luckily Siri caught her. Peter then tried doing the same thing but from the speaker but, everyone saw his fat butt coming at them and moved out of the way so he just splatted onto the ground. He is such a dork. Because of it they then stopped the band and started using an 8-track player that Dumbledore charmed so it would work while Peter was taken to the infirmary.

Anyway they started playing some Muggle music like Air Supply songs and everyone was slow dancing. James was dancing with a girl from Ravenclaw, Mindy, and Patty was dancing with Sirius, while I was sitting at the table. Finally the song "Every Woman in the World" came on and this guy came up and motioned for me to dance with him. Of coarse I accepted, I was tired of being a wallflower. After a few more songs Mindy and Patty told me that they were all headed to the Astronomy tower and invited us along. Well, I looked up at my dance partner and he nodded for us to join the rest of them. Once the six of us got up their Mindy and James ran off to one side of the tower while I have no idea where Patty and Sirius disappeared to. I was very nervous at first being up there alone with that guy when he all he did was escort me to the ledge, sat down, with this back against the wall, and then pulled me over to sit down infront of him. At first we just sat there under the full moon in complete silence while he pointed out all sorts of consolations. After awhile we noticed the kids leaving the ball. I started to get up but he put his arm around my stomach and pulled me so that my back leaned against him. Once again he pointed to the sky and when I looked up I saw the most spectacular meteor shower. For some reason just sitting there with his arms around me felt so right and so safe. I don't know how long we had been sitting there because I can't believe I fell asleep. UUUGGGHHH! How embarrassing! Anyway I heard something that woke me up so I turned around and when I tried to apologize he put his finger to my mouth, smiled, and shook his head. We then heard Mindy scream and James started cussing up a storm because they were caught by Filch. At that point he picked me up and jumped over the side. I think something slowed us down before we reached the ground because he was still able to land on his feet. He then put me down, grabbed my hand, and we ran all the way to the portrait of the fat lady. I then turned around to say thank you but he just lifted my hand and kissed the back of it saying "I will see you again very soon, My lady." And then he left. Funny thing is, I know that I know that voice. I really do. After that I came up here to my room so that I could talk to Patty, unfortunately she didn't get back yet so I tried waiting up for her but just fell asleep again. Turns out Patty finally got in just before daybreak. Luckily her and Siri didn't get caught either since Siri knows all sorts of secret passages. From what she did tell me is that James, Mindy, and Sev now have to serve detention with Gollum for the whole next week. Wait a second here. I KNEW that I knew that voice was familiar. Oops, I have to get going, lunchtime.

LL

To be continued...
End Notes:
Please Review


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=667