Cultures Collide by Demonic Angel
Summary: This is my response to Severitus Challenge with little twists along the way....Please note that this whole story was completely finished a month before OotP came out......Chapters 21 & 22 finally added
Categories: Parental Snape > Biological Father Snape > Severitus Challenge Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Draco, Dumbledore, Fred George, Ginny, Hermione, Lily, Lucius, Original Character, Petunia, Remus, Ron, Sirius, Vernon, Voldemort
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Angst, General
Media Type: None
Tags: Alternate Universe
Takes Place: 5th summer
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 23 Completed: No Word count: 74933 Read: 64505 Published: 26 Mar 2005 Updated: 29 Jun 2006
When a Prankster Can't Prank by Demonic Angel

"Lucius, I believe that our friend is most likely hiding something from us."

"That is very likely, my lord"

"I want you to contact your son and have him keep an eye on the professor."

"As you wish my lord"

"If he fails then you know what will happen."

"Yes I do my lord." Lucius left the room filled with Death Eaters.

"You, come forward."

A dark figure slowly approaches Voldemort, kneels, and bows their head.

"I want you to have your contact keep an eye on your Malfoy as well."

The Death Eater nods in agreement and bows their head.

*****************************

"Get away from me Black! I do not wish for nor do I need any assistance from you."

"Damn it Snape, this is the hardest you have been hit in ages. You must go see Poppy immediately."

"Remember Black, I was raised receiving the Cruciatus Curse."

"That may be so but you were also much younger then. From what I can see you are barely able to walk."

"If you would get the hell out of my way I would not be having any problems."

"Daddy, daddy, I'm sorry daddy. It was...I didn't mean for him to see it, I'm sorry." Ann Marie shouted as she approached the two men in the corridor. Snape just glared at her as she continued while removing the cloak. "I'm sorry I didn't mean for..."

"Calm down and tell me what happened." Sirius said.

"After Uncle Severus pissed me off by jumping my ass for just trying to help, Harry found me in the common room and he tried to calm me down. He was telling me how Uncle Sev has always acted that cruel and how he couldn't see him the way Aunt Lily described him in her diary. Well I .."

"What did you do child!"

"Well I though I got out all of the photos that would tell him that you were his dad but.." She paused

"BUT WHAT!"

"So help me Snape, if you yell at her once more then you will be in the hospital until Solstice."

Ann Marie took a step back and continued "But I only wanted him to see him the way we knew him to be so I showed him the photos of when you were all in school together. I'm sorry, I can't find it anymore. I looked everywhere but it's gone. It's not in the album anymore."

"Ann honey, what isn't in the album?" Sirius asked.

"The one from right after your graduation that you took. You know, the one where Uncle Sev gave Aunt Lily the engagement ring. I am sorry. I forgot about that one. All I remembered was that mom was showing off her belly."

"You said it was missing? How did Harry act?"

"He just put the album down and went up to his room. I know I wasn't suppose to say anything but I couldn't let him believe he is always so mean could I?"

"Calm down it will be alright."

"Alright my arse! It wasn't suppose to happen like this." Severus said.

"Like we were suppose to be the ones to tell him like we were planning on tomorrow night? Maybe it's supposed to happen this way. In a way it's better for him to see what Lily was talking about and how she could have fallen for you." Sirius turned to Ann, "Hon, maybe it's just misplaced in your room and he didn't see it at all."

"No I searched my whole room. I know it was in the book."

Sirius sighed. "Ok Severus. You get to the infirmary now. I'm going to take her to her house and then talk to Harry."

They went their separate ways. Finally Sirius and Ann entered the common room. "You get up to bed. You've had a long day and classes start up again tomorrow."

"Yes sir." She said. "Oh dad? I am sorry."

"I know.' He said as he headed up the stairs to the boy's dorm. "Harry?"

silence

"Harry?" he whispered again as he pulled back the curtains and noticed the bed was empty. "Ron wake up."

:"Go away"

"No, now wake up. Where is Harry?"

"Isn't he in his bed sleeping?"

"No, his bed is empty."

"Then maybe he's in the common room."

"I just came from there but, I will check again. Go on back to sleep." Sirius went back down to the common room and looked around. As he suspected Harry wasn't in there. He then leaned against the wall with his hand in his pocket he realized he still had the Marauders Map.

Remus then entered the room. "I ran into Severus outside the infirmary, he told me what happened. Have you been able to talk to him yet?"

"No he's not here, I was just looking for him on the map. Here he is up in the Astronomy Tower."

"Do you know what you're going to say?"

"No. He may not even want to talk about it."

"Well we better go get him before Filch does."

*****************************

1 May 1985

Dear Diary,

Well the day is here and I am sitting alone in silence here where our union was supposed to take place and all I can do is cry. The gang has been so wonderful through all this and all even though I know that I have been an emotional wreck the past few months. Patty tried to explain to me why he left us and I think I understand but Merlin, it still hurts.

Last weekend he actually showed up for James' birthday party but he was so cold towards me I couldn't stay in the same room as him. I am so glad that Remie wasn't there only because we don't know how he would have reacted with it being that close to the full moon. Professor Dumbl..er Albus says that Sev's attitude towards all of us except Patty, James, and the twins is due to the curse that is inside the Dark Mark. He also explained how James and Remie placed an experimental protection charm on him but nobody knows how long until it will take to become effective or even if it worked. I do hope that it will work pretty soon, the person that I see now is definitely not the person I want our baby to know as a father.

On a lighter side, the twins are growing so much. Poor Patty really has her hands full. They are almost five months now and scooting all over the place. Little Ann is really something, constantly throwing things at little Jamie and he is constantly hitting her with whatever he's got in his hands, usually his bottle. Meal times at their home are even more fun with the flying food. Patty and Siri even tried separating the two on other sides of the table but, they still wound up wearing more of each others food than they ate of their own. I am so glad that I am only having one baby because I have a bad feeling of how these three are going to be when they start here at Hogwarts.

Because of some difficulties I had in the beginning of last month, Poppy wants me to stay here so she can keep an eye on me. At least I'm not just stuck alone in the house all the time besides, with Voldemort's followers getting stronger Patty and the kids have also been staying here a lot. James is now teaching DADA and he has been asked to instruct a refresher course during the summer. I like that idea because with Siri getting ready to go out on assignment again I will be able to keep Patty company. Hopefully her brother will stay in the dungeons or do whatever it is he does so that I don't have to run into him that much.

Well I need to get going, it's time to help Professor Binns with his class. Lily

P.S. Down to only 2½ months left (YEAH)

*****************************

"Harry, are you up here?" Remus asked. The room was dead silent when they noticed someone sitting on a ledge. "Harry?"

"Yea?"

"What are you doing up here?"

"Thinking." He looked over at his uncles then threw the book with the photo in it at the ground in front of their feet. "Is it true? Is he really my..." he cut himself off.

Sirius picked up the book and looked at the pages that the photo was slipped between then he showed them to Remus. "Yes it's true." He sighed.

"Why didn't anyone tell me?"

"Because of a promise we made along time ago to your mum." Remus said.

"She made us promise that if anything happened to her and you were unable to stay with Patty and I then we would make sure that you learned the truth from her own words in her diary."

Without anyone's knowledge, Severus had left the infirmary and headed onto the Astronomy Tower. As he slowly proceeded up the stairs he heard the three voices so he just stopped and listened.

"Does he know that, um, I'm his son?"

"Yes he knows and he's been wanting to tell you for quite awhile now but, because of the danger it would put you in he couldn't." Remus replied.

"Hell, I couldn't be in any more danger than I am usually in."

"Do you remember what I told you about what was required of the Death Eaters regarding their children?" Severus said as he stepped from the shadows of the stairwell. Remus and Sirius turned to look at where the voice came from. Harry immediately recognized the voice and flung his feet over the other-side of the ledge and jumped down.

"HARRY!" Sirius and Remus yelled as they raced to the ledge. By the time they had reached it the boy was back on his feet and running towards the Gryffindor house.

"Damn it Snape, why are you here and not with Poppy?"

"You know, I really don't have to waste my time explaining my actions to you Black."

"Now you two, this is no time to start fighting again. We knew he would most likely take this news very hard. What we have to do now is try to figure out how to fix things."

"And how do you suppose we do that?" Sirius asked.

"Give him some time and space, just like we did when Lily lost her parents."

"But aren't you afraid he's going to run. Remember he has the cloak and map." Severus stated.

"No he doesn't, I do. He really has no way to go sneaking off."

"At least so you hope. Just think of how determined you become when you feel caged." Severus said as he snatched the book from Sirius' hand and left for the dungeons.

*****************************

~ Next Morning ~

"Mione look, Harry's sleeping on the couch again." Ginny said.

"Do you blame him? The way your brother and Neville snore I'm surprised he was able to even sleep down here."

"Who snores?" asked Ron as he was coming down the stairs. "By the way, were you the ones in our dorm last night looking for Harry?"

"No, it may have been Ann, she wasn't in our room until early this morning." Hermione said

"You mean Ann is the one who..."

"I'm the one who what?" she asked as she entered the room.

"Woke me up looking for Harry."

"Sorry to disappoint you but no it wasn't me. If may have been my dad though." She said looking at the couch and pulling out her wand. "Looks like he found him. I call dibs on waking him!"

"Ann you know your father banned you from pranks last night." Hermione reminded her.

"Shit! Thanks for reminding me, I still have 36 hrs 5 minutes and," checking her watch " 16 seconds left."

"Oh, Let me do it then!" Ginny squealed as she pulled out her wand.

"Can you get much louder than that? Your gonna wake him up then I won't even have the fun of watching."

"Sorry" Ginny whispered. She then quietly tip-toed over to the back of the couch Harry was sleeping on and as she leaned over and said "Strea..."

"STREAMO AQUANOUS!" Harry shouted pointing his wand at the girl.

"HARRY! NO FAIR!" a soaking wet Ginny shouted as their friends all roared with laughter.

"And it's fair for you to try the same thing on someone who is sleeping?"

"Well it was their.." She pointed at the rest of the group "idea to prank you."

"I know but it was you who begged to do the honors." Harry smirked.

"Ok, but just you wait, I will get even." Ginny said as she cast a drying charm on herself.

"And I will be expecting it." Harry said. "I'm going to go get cleaned up, you guys go on ahead I'll meet you there."

They all agreed and headed onto breakfast.

About a 15 minutes later Harry finally arrived at the Great Hall. Before he joined his friends he stopped by the Ravenclaw table. "Good morning."

"Morning Harry" said Chloe

"Hey there you are. Ann told me what happened this morning with Ginny in the common room. The guys keep you awake all night again?" Bria asked.

"No, nothing like that. I did find some stuff out last night that I want to tell you about before the dinner tonight. Meet me down by the lake after breakfast?"

"Sure I suppose, does it have anything to do with..."

"Yes."

"Ok then I'll be there." She said smiling as Harry walked away.

"What was that about?" asked Chloe.

"Just a project of some sorts he's been working on" she said. "Listen, I've got to run to the room before I meet him, I'll see you at lunch, ok?"

"Um, sure. See ya"

Harry walked up to their table while Hermione and Ginny were hiding all the napkins from Ann Marie. When Harry looked at her he noticed next to her plate was a good size pile of very small pieces of paper. "Are you alright?"

"No. Just look at him all smug over there knowing there is nothing I can do to him right now."

"Would you get your brother and meet Bria and I out by the lake after breakfast?"

"Sure thing" she said still staring at her brother while tearing up a napkin that she found right next to Harry's plate.

Harry followed his cousin's glare and noticed Jamie and Draco smirking. Suddenly Harry noticed out of the corner of his eye that Ann was growing furry ears. "You aren't an Animagus like your dad are you?"

"No why do you ask?"

"Maybe because of your ears and new tail." Harry said.

"JAMIE LEE BLACK!" she bellowed across the room. Sirius looked at her then glared at Jamie who in return held his hands up to show that he wasn't the one with the wand. The other students were now starting to snicker at Ann, which infuriated her even more. She then caught the "Don't you dare" glare that her father was giving her so she sat back down, leaned over the table to say. "You guys got to help me out here. Jamie and Draco are playing dirty and he ain't gettin' away with it. Hermione, quick do something to him. Give him scales, gills, green fungus on his feet so bad it's coming out of his socks, something."

"Ann, I am not going to do something like that to your brother so that I can just wind up in detention for you."

"Geesh Mione, your no fun at all. Ginny, come on you gotta make up for this mornin', you do it please."

"I'll do it." Ron stated.

"No, this is for Ginny to do. You would wind up cursing both of them just for the fun of it. Besides she needs this. Come on girl, say you'll do it."

"Ginny, you'll wind up getting caught." Hermione said.

Ginny just looked back and forth between Hermione who was shaking her head and her brothers who were in agreement with Ann. "Come on Ginny you know you wanna" they said.

Ginny quietly stood up to look at Jamie and whispered "Nostrailus Canalus Fungairo" then quickly sat back down.

All of a sudden the professors heard a huge commotion coming from the Slytherin table and they noticed a green fungus coming from Jamie's nose and ears. They then looked over at the Gryffindor table they saw Ann giving Ginny a high-five. Dumbledore stood up and announced "Black, Black, Malfoy, and Weasley, would you please step into the corridor now." When all four Weasley children stood up he then announced "Ms. Weasley only." The whole dinning room went silent as the children marched out of the room and Remus, Sirius, Severus, and McGonagall followed.

Remus looked at Jamie and Ann Marie and said "Now if I remember correctly you two were told yesterday that you were not to pull any pranks on each other for 48 hours. Is that correct?"

"Yes sir" they said in unison.

"Now am I mistaken or the time frame expired?"

"No sir, we still have 35 hours 15 minutes and." Ann Marie started.

"Thank you Ms. Black you do not have to be so precise." Remus stated "And I do not believe that when you were told that it meant for you to have your friends pull the pranks for you did it?"

"No sir." They all said.

"Fine then, First of all the two of you will remain like that until the curses run their course, secondly I am deducting 15 points each, and last of all. You will serve detention tonight in the Potions lab with Professor Snape. I'm sure he'll have no problems with finding work for you. Next time your detention will be with Mr. Filch."

"Yes sir, Professor Lupin." They all said.

Harry then walked past the group glaring at the three men and proceeded to meet Bria who was waiting for him at the end of the hall. Remus looked at Sirius and motioned for him to follow the two then said. "You four can go rejoin your friends now."

Draco and Ginny headed back towards their different houses while the twins headed out towards the lake.

"Ann, where are we going?"

"Harry wants us to meet him and Bria by the lake."

"Why? And what was with that glare he gave to dad and Uncle Sev?"

"I think he figured out the truth last night.

"And you wouldn't have happened to have anything to do with that would you?"

"Sort of, he saw one of the photos he wasn't suppose to see."

"Ann! What were you thinking of?"

"You know what. I already got my ass reamed by Uncle Sev and Dad enough the past 2 days, I will not put up with you trying to do it too little brother."

"Hey you two. Didn't I tell you not to go off without at least 2 other people?"

"Yes dad you did. We're meeting Bria and Harry down by the lake." Jamie stated.

"Alight then. Do me a favor, no more pranks during meal times. This is really starting to get quite disgusting."

"But dad, we didn't do it." Ann whined

"You may not have actually done this to each other but, I know Ginny would not have done this if you didn't talk her into it. "

"You never know with those brothers of hers, they were just as pushy. Not to mention, she was trying to impress a short blonde."

"You mean she likes Draco? Wait until he hears."

"Jamie don't you dare say a word to him. Gins will kill me."

"Then learn to keep your mouth shut and there wouldn't be any reason to worry." Jamie said as Ann slapped him in the back of the head.

"Don't you two ever...nevermind, I'll see you in class later." Sirius said.

"Yes sir Professor Black." They said sarcastically as they proceeded out the door.

"Hey you two, about time you showed up. Harry was just telling me about last night."

"We had to ditch dad first. Listen Harry, I'm sorry about the photo thing last night." Ann said

"It's not your fault. Someone should have told me sooner. Besides I guess it helped a little."

"So everything's kewl between you and Uncle Sev?" Jamie asked.

"No, far from it. I haven't even talked to him yet. But hey at least now Dudley isn't my only cousin. I do have one question for you. If my mum never married James and he isn't my dad, then why is my last name Potter?"

"That's easy. After your aunt signed over your mom's guardianship the Potter's adopted her during her 5th year. From what we'd been told, she had already spent a lot of the holidays with them even before her parents were killed so it was like she was already one of their children." Ann replied

"Ok, that I can understand. I just have one more question for you."

"Anything else you're going to have to ask them tonight at dinner." Jamie said.

"No, this one you can answer."

"Ok, shoot." He said

"Are you going to be cleared up before dinner tonight or is that stuff going to keep growing?"

"Hopefully if the curses don't clear up before the end of detention we'll be able to visit the mediwich. I don't think Professor Lupin will want him eating in the same room as the rest of us."

"Well just in case it isn't or you can't see Poppy then your welcome to sit at the Ravenclaw table. That way I get use to seeing it during meals and also it can completely disgust Cho." Bria said.

"Still having problems with her?" Ann asked.

"Nothing that a good daily ass kicking wouldn't cure."

"Well if you ever decide you would like some help just say the word, I would love to knock that all praise me attitude right out of her." Ann said

"You girls can really be scary at times you do know this don't you?" Harry asked.

"That's what happens when you grow up having to defend yourself half your life." Bria stated.

"So what's your schedule like this afternoon?" Harry asked.

"Well I will tell you that you probably don't want to walk me to my class after lunch."

"If it's what I think it is then definitely not but you could walk me to mine and use it as an excuse for being late."

"I don't think that would be too safe. I'm not too popular with my house as it is and to lose even more points from them will probably cause my execution. Besides remember, I have both parents here to lecture me for messing up. When is your free hour?"

"Eighth period, why?"

"Though you could teach me how to fly so I don't look like a fool in a class with first years."

"Sure. I'll meet you at the Quidditch pitch."

"The what?"

"The arena over there with the hoops."

"Ok, it's a date" she said smiling.

"You guys ready to go back in? Everyone is probably wondering where we disappeared to." Ann said.

"Yeah, might as well. Last thing we want is our folks coming after us."

*****************************

Up from his office window Dumbledore and McGonagall looked down upon the kids. "Minerva, look at that. Sort of reminds you of old times doesn't it?"

"Unfortunately yes and that is just half of them. Is it just me or are they more trouble than their parents were?"

"Trust me, it's just you. At least for now that is, they are still just getting to know each other."

"That is just exactly what I was afraid of."

*****************************

Lunch went by smoothly without any instances other than Jamie and Draco wound up sitting on the far back end of the table while all their house- mates sat at the other end not being able to look at him. Meanwhile at the Gryffindor table Ann Marie was being teased about her tail but all she could do was issue out threats for when she was able to go back to pulling pranks.

Most of the afternoon classes for the students consisted of tests and then reviewing lectures. With so many new transfer students, the professors wanted to get an idea of what the children's previous school had taught them and the new professors wanted an idea of what the returning students had learned already.

Bria found the most amusing part of the afternoon to be during Potions of all classes when Snape caught Peeves rearranging his storage closets. While Snape was yelling at the poltergeist Bria and Chloe looked at each other and said "Oogie-woogie" then started giggling. Snape immediately snapped at them and removed 10 points from each for insubordination. Once again the rest of the Ravenclaws looked at Bria in hatred

Class was finally dismissed and the students were rushing to get out of there as quickly as possible when Snape said "Ms. Lightpaws, I would like a word with you."

"We will wait for you in the hall." Chloe said, and Bria nodded.

When all the students left and closed the door to keep the other students from hearing he motioned for her to approach his desk. "I don't suppose you would like to tell me what you and Ms. Diggory were giggling about?"

"No sir not really."

"That is fine, you know I will find out sooner or later." He smirked. "I have no doubt that Har...Potter has informed you of what happened yesterday evening.." Bria nodded, "It seems that he left these behind in the Astronomy Tower, would you be so kind and return them to him?"

"I am sorry Professor but, I will not be seeing Harry until after classes are over today." She lied. "Maybe it would be better if you gave them to him this evening."

"Maybe you are correct. Thank you for staying behind. Now hurry onto class, I do not need your father coming after me for making you late to his class."

"Thank you Professor Snape."

"Bria, what was that about?" Chloe asked.

"He wanted to know what we were giggling about."

"You didn't tell him did you?"

"You think I'm stupid or something? There is no way I would tell Professor Snape about that. I would have at least 1000 points taken away from the house then I would really be hated."

"We both would." She said as they went onto their next class.

Finally it was their free hour and Bria met Harry, Ginny, Ron, and Ann Marie down by the Quidditch Pitch for her first flying lesson. She was still unsure about flying so Harry was more than happy to have her ride with him. All they really did was fly around playing tag and hide-n-seek (mainly Harry and Bria were trying to hide from everyone else). It wasn't really much of a lesson as it was for her to get use to flying. Before they knew it class was already over and while Harry, Ron, and Ann went onto suffer through Potions (some longer then others) Ginny and Bria went onto Transfigurations.

At the end of class Harry was relieved, he had actually made it through Snape's class without having any points taken away. As they were leaving class Snape quickly reminded Ann Marie, Jamie and Draco that they were to remain after class for detention. When Ginny finally arrived she and Draco were assigned to reorganize the storage closets that Peeves had messed up earlier while Jamie (still with the fungus problem) had to look up counter curses for the curse that was cast on each of them then write a 1 page essay on it.

To be continued...
End Notes:
Please Review.


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=667