Cultures Collide by Demonic Angel
Summary: This is my response to Severitus Challenge with little twists along the way....Please note that this whole story was completely finished a month before OotP came out......Chapters 21 & 22 finally added
Categories: Parental Snape > Biological Father Snape > Severitus Challenge Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Draco, Dumbledore, Fred George, Ginny, Hermione, Lily, Lucius, Original Character, Petunia, Remus, Ron, Sirius, Vernon, Voldemort
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Angst, General
Media Type: None
Tags: Alternate Universe
Takes Place: 5th summer
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 23 Completed: No Word count: 74933 Read: 64838 Published: 26 Mar 2005 Updated: 29 Jun 2006
Chicken Fights or Fighting Chickens by Demonic Angel

Once the weekend was over all the 5th year Gryffindors were beginning to see the effects that Harry and Ron's fight was having on the whole house. Although outside classes they did their best to stay as far away from one another as possible there were still a few classes that would pair the two up for class projects. Luckily after having to constantly remove points from the boys, the majority of the professors even noticed the problem and started placing one of the two with Neville and the other with Jamie. Usually it was Harry that worked with his cousin since Ron saw him as the reason that he was the cause that he and his best friend were still fighting. The only professor who refused to separate the two just so happened to be Snape whom appeared to continue to enjoy removing points from his son's own house. By Wednesday the two boys were so busy arguing during a class assignment they did not pay any attention to the instructions and added the Dong Quai too soon after the Tragacanth causing a putrid gas to engulf the room before exploding everywhere. Luckily the fumes had already chased everyone out of the classroom. Needless to say both Harry and Ron received detention that evening to clean up their disaster along with the removal of 25 points each. "Mr. Potter and Mr. Weasley I do expect the two of you will leave your wands in your dorm before you report here after dinner tonight. There will be no means of magic used to clean up this mess you so carelessly caused."

"Yes professor."

"No magic? But it will take the rest of the week to clean this without magic." Ron whined.

"Then I suggest that you do not make any plans for the remainder of the week since you believe you cannot perform the task in a suitable amount of time."

Ron glared at Snape growing to hate him more and more. "Yes Professor Snape."

Finally the 5th year students were able to go to their first Animagus Studies class. Everyone was all excited, afterall they all enjoyed having Professor Black as their DADA instructor and the idea of him helping them to become Animagi was even better. Or so they thought. Unfortunately since this was their first class they had to study, something they never thought someone with the reputation Sirius had would make them do. You guessed it, a day of studying the rules of becoming an Animagus along with the different dangers that could happen if steps were not followed properly. After about 15 minutes into the class half of the students were asleep then by the time class was half way over the only remaining student awake was Hermione but even her head was starting to bobble. While the professor continued lecturing and concentrating on his notes instead of the students all of a sudden he was interrupted by a loud thud "Damn!" Hermione quietly said as she rubbed her forehead.

Professor Black sighed as he slowly looked over his classroom. Without drawing attention to himself he lifted his wand and quietly mumbled "texter ticklous" and their textbooks were transformed into tickling feathers. While some of the students continued to try sleeping while swatting at the feathers to make them stop the others woke up starting to cuss when they realized where they had fallen asleep. Eventually all the students had awoken to their professor standing infront of the class glaring down upon them as he changed the feathers back into their textbooks. "Before we go any further and you learn how to start the transformation you will be required to pass the following quiz with no less than a perfect score. I personally hate having to do this to you but this was the condition of the Ministry in order to allow such a course to be taught to such a younger class." Sirius continued as he walked around the room handing out the stacks of papers, "As you will notice this is quite an extensive quiz in which most of the questions are in essay form. Because of its length we are allowing not only for it to be an open book exam but you will be allowed to work in groups if you wish."

As Sirius continued around the room Lavender asked, "Since this is an open-book exam will we be covering any of it here in class?"

"Well, if you would have stayed awake and taken notes you would already have the answers to the whole first page." All the students grumbled as they looked over their notes that they thought they had taken only to find that they were so sleepy that none of it made any sense. "Now if you all wish we can either start over next week from the beginning which will put us a week behind or you can all work on it in your free time and we can move on."

The students all agreed that they wanted to move on and not have to spend the next class listening to the same stuff that put them to sleep in the first place. Finally the class was over and the kids all headed back to their houses to get ready for dinner.

"I can't believe I actually fell asleep in class." Hermione said.

"Did I hear you right? You fell asleep? Hermione in all the years I've know you this is a first." Harry exclaimed

"Don't remind me, the way my head feels it will be a last also."

"Why what happened?" Ann asked.

"While you all had the privilege of being tickled awake I unfortunately banged my head on the desk. I think that's what alerted him."

Jamie brushed her bangs off to the side, "You have a huge knot there." He said as he leaned down and kissed the mark that remained. Hermione looked up and smiled at him and before they knew it they had started kissing.

Their friends had kept on walking when they realized that they were missing part of their group when they turned around and saw them along with Ron standing behind Hermione and Draco behind Jamie. "Mione, not you too. You should know better than anyone how Slytherins are." Ron said.

"Jamie, what in Merlin's name are you doing kissing a mud.."

The two stopped kissing and Jamie pointed his wand at Draco and said "I have warned you not to say one word against her or so help me I will put you into the hospital faster than you can say snitch."

"Ron, how dare you try to tell me what I should and shouldn't know. What I do is my concern and has nothing to do with you so if you continue then you can kiss our friendship goodbye as well."

"Fine since you are not going to listen to me then consider this friendship over." Ron declared mumbling 'Stupid Bitch" as he passed by the rest of the group.

Harry stepped infront of Ron "You had better go back there and apologize to her right now. This is between you and me not her."

"Bite me Potter!" Ron said as he stormed right past Harry.

"Ron!"

"Let him go Ann, he will only try to hurt you next." Harry said as they all continued onto their houses to drop off their belongings before dinner.

As Draco and Jamie entered their common room Patsy, Crabbe, and Goyle approached them. "Well look at this we have a couple of Mudblood lovers now." Patsy said.

"Back off Patsy." Jamie said.

"You know I should have expected it from you Black, but Draco here what would the Dark Lord much less your father say about the company your keeping?" She continued.

"That is for me to worry about. I have my reasons for what I am doing and just because it doesn't include you doesn't mean it is any of your concern." Draco stated.

"I have news for you my dear Draco. It does concern me, afterall I will not have my future husband consorting with a bunch of Muggle lovers or beasts."

"I have never given you any reason to believe that we have or ever will have anything for one another other than being classmates. You do need to quit living such a delusional life."

"Delusional huh? I have it on good authority that I have been chosen to be your bride. If anybody is delusional it is you. Boys I believe it's time that we knocked some common sense into these two." With that said Crabbe and Goyle immediately started to approach Draco and Jamie.

*****************************

In front of the Great Hall Hermione was hoping to meet up with Jamie before dinner. After waiting for a good 15 minutes she headed onto her table "Ann, have you seen your brother? Did he say anything about not coming up for dinner?"

Ann slowly looked over at the Slytherin table but there was no sign of any of the remaining 5th years there. "No I haven't, no he didn't, and I hate to say it but Jamie has an appetite like my dad. This is very unlike him to be late for a meal especially dinner. Come with me."

Ann led Hermione up to the head table. "Professor Snape, Professor Black, have either of you seen Jamie? He was suppose to meet me outside the doors before dinner but he never showed up." Hermione said.

"No I haven't seen them since class today. Maybe they are just running late." Snape said while Sirius scanned over the Slytherin table, and with not seeing his son there he started worrying.

"Um Severus, have you ever known all your 5th years to show up late for a meal?"

With that said the two professors ran towards the dungeons with Ann and Hermione following close behind them. As they entered the portal they noticed Patsy sitting stretched out on the couch watching and laughing as Goyle was smashing Draco's head into the floor and Crabbe had just smashed Jamie into the wall head first. "What may I ask is going on here" Severus stated as Sirius looked over the two boys lying on the floor unconscious.

"We were just knocking some sense into them" the two larger boys stated in unison, only showing that they did share one very small brain.

"Severus, we had better get them onto the infirmary immediately."

"You three will meet me in my office promptly in one hour. I am positive that the Headmaster will also wish to speak to you before notifying your parents." The two men then levitated the boys carefully to the hospital wing.

As they exited through the portal they noticed Ann, Hermione, and now Ginny staring at them in shock. "Professors, are they going to be alright?" Ginny asked.

"We don't quite know yet. Madame Pomphrey needs to look over them before anything can be said. Ms. Weasley, would you please inform your brother and Mr. Potter that I still expect to see them for their detention tonight but not until around 8:30?"

"Um, Yes sir professor. Is it alright if I come to see how they are doing afterwards?" she said while looking at Draco.

Sirius looked at the girl and said as calmly as possible, "I am sure that the boys would be happy to hear that you are concerned about them but unfortunately Madame Pomphrey would have a fit if there were a whole bunch of students blocking up her corridor. I will make sure word gets back to you as soon as we find out their status."

"Yes sir." Ginny said as she slowly headed back to join the others at dinner.

"Um dad, Uncle Sev, is it alright if Mione and I come along?"

"Yes Ann you can come along. As for Ms. Granger."

"But dad, if it weren't for Mione saying something to me then they could be in worse condition than they are in."

"Fine you can come along too but, you cannot..."

"Don't worry, you won't even know I'm there sir." Hermione said with tears in her eyes.

*****************************

Ginny ran back to the Gryffindor table as quickly as possible. Bria had noticed the big commotion that had gone on and after excusing herself from her own table went and joined the rest of her friends. "Gins, what wrong. Where did Ann and Mione go running off to?" Bria asked

"All I know is that I went running after them to the dungeons and right after I got there Professor Snape and Professor Black were taking Draco and Jamie to the infirmary and they were unconscious."

"Unconscious? Why? What happened?" Harry asked.

"I'm not sure but it looked as if they got into a really bad fight."

Just then Patsy and her bodyguards came strolling in looking proud of themselves. "I was afraid something like this would happen sooner or later. See Ron, I told you that my cousin wasn't that bad seeing how his own house it against him."

"It's what he gets for hanging out with someone like Malfoy. It was probably something set up by him and so he would look innocent he's just acting like he was injured."

All of a sudden the Great Hall was silenced by the sound of Ginny slapping her brother across the face. "Ron, how dare you say something like that. Draco looked worse than Jamie did. There was even blood in his hair."

"Ginny, this is Malfoy we are talking about. He is capable of doing and faking anything he wants to. Don't you dare try to tell me any different."

Ginny started to lift her hand again to her brother when Harry said. "Gins don't. He's not worth it and there is no way we'll be able to get him to see any differently. Lets go wait and see what is going on with them."

"We can't. I was sent here by Professor Snape to let you guys know that detention would take place tonight but not until 8:30. And he also made it very clear that they don't want blocking up the corridor in the hospital wing but, they would let us know immediately if there are any changes in their condition."

"Fine then. Mione will know where to find us. Lets go wait in the Common room.."

Fred and George started to follow Harry, Bria, and their little sister. "Well little brother, you have really done it now. First Harry, then Hermione, and now your own sister. When is this going to stop?" Fred said.

"When I feel like making it stop."

"Well then in that case you can go ahead and include us on your hate list also." George told him as they walked off leaving their little brother to sit alone.

*****************************

Ann and Hermione sat and watched the two professors pace back and forth while Madame Pomphrey was in the room attending to her patents. As soon as she stepped out the men froze and the girls stood up immediately.

"Poppy, how are they?" Sirius asked.

"Well looks like they both have concussions, and they must have a guardian stay with them all night until they are fully awake."

"I will stay with them. Poppy, can we see them?"

"Yes, but do not make too much noise."

Severus left for his office while Sirius, Hermione, and Ann all went inside the boy's room. They didn't look as bad as they originally had but they were quite marred up. After awhile Jamie was the first one to wake up and noticed the two girls looking down at him smiling with tears in their eyes. "Now who is the one with the nasty mark on their head?" Hermione jokingly said.

Jamie just smiled at her then pulled her closer for a kiss. Then as he started to sit up he asked "What am I doing in here..ok I remember now." Feeling woozy he laid back down. "How's Draco doing?"

Sirius walked over towards the bed. "He's still out of it but I'm glad to see your doing better for yourself." He said while looking back and forth between his son and Hermione.

"Well maybe if Ginny was here he's be feeling better too." Jamie stated.

"And what makes you think that Black?" Draco mumbled.

"Oh just the way you two keep looking at one another." Jamie told his friend.

"Well you are imagining things there."

Sirius then turned his attention to the other boy. "Good to see you are already acting like your old self. Just to let you know, Ginny was worried about you and wanted to wait in the hall as well but we couldn't have Madame Pomphrey shouting at all of you and disrupting anyone else here."

"She did?"

"Yes she did. Hermione, why don't you go let Ginny know that he'll be alright and she can see him tomorrow."

"Yes sir. I'll stop by and visit before breakfast." Hermione said as she smiled.

"Can't wait." Jamie said smiling.

"Ann why don't you go on ahead with her. So Jamie, since when are you and Hermione an item?"

"Right after your class this afternoon."

"Oh really huh?" he teased, "Listen I'm going to go get you guys something to eat from the kitchens since you missed dinner." Sirius left the room only to return a few minutes later announcing "Madame Pomphrey said the house elves are..." he then stopped himself as he noticed the boys were once again sleeping so he sat down in a chair between the two beds so that he could keep watch over them.

*****************************

Harry arrived at the Potions classroom on time for detention as he entered the open room he noticed that nobody was there. "Professor Snape?" he called out but only answered by silence. He then decided he had better sit and wait for him to return before he received a worse punishment. As he walked towards the front of the classroom he heard voices coming from the back office.

"What you three have done is inexcusable! First of all fighting between students is grounds for suspension but on top of that you were fighting people from your own house and as your Head of House that is one thing that I will not tolerate. Do I make myself clear?"

"But Professor, I was not fighting."

"You may not have actually been fighting Ms. Parkinson but, knowing these two they would not have done what they did unless they were ordered to by either Mr. Malfoy or yourself. With the state that Mr. Malfoy is in I highly doubt that he would have made such an order. Now as Head of the Slytherin House I am required to inform your parents of your actions this evening. Also you will be speaking with the Headmaster tomorrow morning before breakfast so that he may issue the punishment that he sees fit."

"Yes Professor Snape." They all said in unison.

"Dismissed!"

Harry stayed in his seat glaring at the trio as they stormed past him looking very smug about what they had done. Finally a few moments after they slammed the classroom door he heard "Mr. Potter, you and Mr. Weasley may come in now." Harry entered to room but to Severus' surprise he was the only one. "Where may I ask is Mr. Weasley?"

"I'm not sure sir. I haven't seen him since dinner when Ginny informed us of what had happened."

"Did she inform him of what time he was suppose to be here?"

"Yes sir she did."

"Go ahead and get started. The cleaning supplies are in the back closet. As soon as Mr. Weasley arrives please send him in."

"Sir, may I ask how Jamie and Draco are doing?"

"Ms Black stopped by to inform me that although they are awake now. They have numerous minor cuts and bruises but also they suffered concussions. They should be released either tomorrow evening or the next morning at the earliest. I will stop by there later this evening to relieve your uncle after you are done. I will also let them know you were inquiring about them."

"Thank you sir."

"Your welcome Harry now you had better get to work."

Harry walked back into the classroom, pulled out all the cleaning supplies, and as he started working he noticed that there wasn't as bad of a mess as he imagined it to be. Finally at 11:30 Severus entered the room and noticed that it was almost finished. "Did Mr. Weasley ever arrive?"

"No sir he didn't"

"Well since you are almost finished go on ahead back to your dorm room, we don't need you missing any classes tomorrow. Also I expect you to arrive back here to finish up before breakfast in the morning."

"Thank you Professor. Erm, may I ask what is going to happen to Ron since he missed detention tonight?"

"Don't worry about Mr. Weasley, he will be disciplined accordingly."

"Yes sir. Goodnight."

"Goodnight Harry."

*****************************

The rest of the week came and went. Jamie and Draco were released from the infirmary; Patsy, Crabbe, and Goyle not only received howlers from their parents but Dumbledore told them they would not be suspended if they spent every weekend for the remainder of the term working with Filch; and then came Ron's punishment.

On Saturday morning Harry joined his friends at their table for breakfast. Just about everyone there was nervous since this was the day of tryouts for the house team. "Ginny, where is Ron this morning?"

"I'm not sure. He hasn't said much too me the past few days."

"Didn't you hear? He has detention with Filch all day today." Ann Marie stated.

"That means he's going to miss try-outs. Harry, come with us we need to talk to McGonagall to see if we can get him released." Fred said.

Harry, Fred, and George approached the head table and asked Professor McGonagall if they could speak with her in private. "I know what you boys are going to ask me but although I too would like to see Mr. Weasley be on the team, there is nothing I can do. He didn't serve detention that was assigned to him so he has to serve a more severe one." She said.

Harry then walked over to where Snape was seated, "You just couldn't pass up the chance to try to make sure we did not demolish your precious Slytherin team this year could you. No, you had to see to it that Ron wouldn't be available to even try out with everyone."

Severus looked down at his son realizing it was almost like looking at his younger self when he was furious and stated. "Mr. Potter, I assure you that I have no doubt that with Mr. Weasley on your team, it would surly make the sport more of a challenge and more enjoyable to see the Slytherin team victorious but I had no say-so in the matter of your friend's punishment."

"Then who else would be so cruel to sentence him to work for Mr. Filch all day?"

"That my dear boy was my decision." Harry turned around to see who made the statement and was shocked to see the Headmaster standing behind him.

"You sir, but.."

"Young Mr. Weasley had to learn no matter how he feels he must show respect for his professors." Dumbledore then leaned down and quietly whispered, "I personally was surprised to hear Professor Snape ask for a lighter sentence for him."

Harry then looked over at the potion master and mouthed "You did?" but the professor didn't acknowledge with an answer.

"Come on Harry, there is no way that Ron can participate today, not with Dumbledore being the one who punished him. Why didn't you tell us Ron skipped out on detention?" George asked.

"I had no idea this would be his punishment."

"Neither did we but I don't ever remember hearing of anyone ditching detention before." Fred stated.

George pointed out the window at Filch leading four students to the Womping Willow, "Now we know why. Come on we have to get ready for everyone. From what I hear it's going to be a long day."

*****************************

As the boys expected the majority of the kids in their house showed up to try out for the three open positions, two chasers and a keeper. Those who were not trying out for the team were sitting in the stands cheering on their friends that were. Both Ginny and Ann Marie were among those trying out while Hermione, Bria, Jamie, and Draco sat up in the stands. Harry finally spotted his friends so he flew up to them, "What are you guys doing here?"

"We came to cheer on the girls." Jamie stated.

"You know, with Draco here though it may cause some problems."

"It shouldn't cause anymore problems than it would with Bria and Jamie here though. It's not like this is an actual practice." Hermione stated.

"Listen Harry if any problems start up we'll all leave. Agreed?" Jamie stated.

"Agreed."

The tryouts lasted until just after 5pm and by that time everyone was just about exhausted. "Ok everyone. You all did a great job. We will be posting the new team lineup tomorrow after lunch in the common room." George announced.

As everyone started back towards the castle the group of friends all met up at the bottom of stairs to the stands. "You two were so good, you had better make it onto the team." Hermione stated. "Where did you learn to play?"

"Thanks, I use to be the keeper on my old house team and Jamie use to be a beater." Ann stated. "Hey anyone up for a swim before dinner?"

"Sure why not. We'd better get some towels first, don't want to get Filch mad at us for leaving water all over the halls." Bria said.

"What about our suits?" Hermione asked.

"By the time we get changed into suits it will just about be to late. Shorts and t-shirts are just fine." Ann replied.

The kids all ran back towards the castle and into the professor's wing to get their stuff. Along the way they ran into Bria's parents. "Where are you all going in such a hurry?" Dannie asked.

"We're headed out to the lake to go swimming." Ginny stated.

"Sounds like fun." Remus said "Luv, are you up for a swim?"

"Matter of fact I am. Are you going to get the guys?" Dannie replied.

"Eeewww, come one now we don't want to see any old farts swimming." Bria whined.

"And who may I ask are you calling an old fart?" Remus asked.

"You and mom of coarse. Your even starting to get pudgy like an out of shape one." She smirked.

"Well, well, well. How about you and Harry here against your mom and I in a chicken fight. We will see who is the one who's out of shape."

"You're on!" Bria and Harry said in unison.

"Hon, I'll take the kids on down to the water while you go get the towels and the guys." Dannie said. Remus agreed and headed back to his room then off to get his friends.

As they headed towards the lake Draco quietly asked Ginny, "Um, excuse me but what is a chicken fight?"

Ginny whispered "It's a muggle game played in the water. You'll see it's fun."

*****************************

As Ron was heading back towards the castle he noticed the three professors, Severus, Sirius, and Remus, all running down towards the lake. Oh shit, something must have happened. He thought and he decided to follow them. When he arrived he stayed back behind a tree and watched from a distance just in case they needed him to get some help. What Ron wound up seeing was Bria on Harry's shoulders chicken fighting with what he though looked like his sister from behind but he couldn't see who she was partnered up with. All of a sudden Sirius cannonballed between the two couples forcing them to lose their balance and they then were all under water. Now lets see. There's Harry, Bria, Ginny and. "Malfoy" Ron growled. He was about to approach them when he heard a noise that came from behind. When he turned around to see who it was all he could make out was a shadow running along the trees. Ron quickly tried following the person but soon lost them when they entered the castle. He debated going back to the lake and confronting his sister but decided that he would be better to do so at a later time when there weren't so many people around.

Finally it was completely dark outside when the group had decided that they had had their fun for the evening. As the got out of the water they each cast a drying spell on themselves, with the exception of Dannie who just quickly transformed and shook herself dry then changed back again. Draco was stunned at what he had seen. "Why didn't you just charm yourself dry?" he asked.

"You don't know?" Bria asked

"Know what?"

"Mom was raised as a Muggle. The extent of her powers is that she's a shape-shifter and her knowledge of the majik contained in different herbs "

"Why didn't she go to school and learn then?"

"Draco, her community looks at magic the same way your family looks at Muggles. Both believe that the other is grounds for death." Severus explained. "Now I have a question for you and you must be honest about it. Am I correct in assuming that your father has ordered you to keep an eye on the kids here?"

Ginny looked at Draco as he replied "Yes sir."

"What? So this means this has all been an act?" she said as she stopped in her tracks.

"No Ginny, you have it wrong."

"Ok Ms. Weasley calm down." Severus said as he noticed how red her face was getting from anger. "Since that is the case then how about we come to an agreement. You now know some things about all of us that you could report back to your father or Voldemort with but on the other hand we also know about your feelings for Ginny as well. How would your father feel about that?"

"He would literally kill me."

"So then we have a deal?" Severus said.

Draco looked puzzled then realized what the deal was and nodded. "Yes sir I believe we do." He then took Ginny's hand and they continued with the rest back to the castle.

By this time dinner was already over with so as Sirius made arrangements for the house elves to bring dinner for everyone to his quarters the kids made some other arrangements.

"Uncle Sev, since Draco is staying with you on the weekends instead of the dorm with the buffoon brothers, is it alright if Harry and I spend the night as well? Sort of like a sleep over."

"I'm not sure. What is your dad going to say?"

"I don't think he will mind. Afterall, Ann and the girls are planning on sweet talking him into them all staying over there and I really don't think I'm going to want to hear their giggles and gossip all night."

The idea of Sirius suffering a night of four giggling girls was to hard for Severus to pass up, "Sure I have no problems at all with you boys staying over tonight." He said with a smirk.

When Sirius arrived back at his rooms he was attacked with a hug from Ann saying. "Daddy, daddy, daddy daddy! Pleeeaaassseee, can Mione, Gins, and Bria all spend the night here tonight?"

"And what about Jamie? I'm not having a boy/girl slumber party here."

"Uncle Sev said he and they guys could stay in his quarters tonight."

"Well isn't that just too kind of him to offer." Sirius growled.

"Well I thought so." Severus replied.

"Fine but no keeping me up all night understand?"

"Thank you daddy, we won't be any problem at all." Ann Marie said while smiling.

In the meantime Ginny and Draco were sitting and talking. "You know you guys had me a little nervous at first today." he said.

"How is that?"

"First of all there's how we use to not get along and then that talk about the chi..."

"Wait a second. You didn't think we meant actually fighting.." Ginny stopped when she saw how red Draco's face had turned from embarrassment. "You did didn't you!" and she started laughing.

"Did what?" Hermione asked.

Draco tried standing to leave the room since he was feeling like a complete fool but Ginny grabbed his arm causing him to fall back onto the couch just a little closer. "Nothing." Ginny told her friend. She then looked Draco in the eyes and said, "I'm sorry" before she leaned in and kissed him.

As the two sat there in their own world making out, Ann ran into the bathroom and came back out with a small compact mirror. She then held it up close to their faces, pulled it back looking at it, and said "No Fog." She tested them one more time but with seeing the same results she leaned in close to the two and said, "You have to remember to BREATH". The two jumped instantly then Ginny rested her head on Draco's shoulder as he glared at everyone else in the room who were all laughing.

"Don't worry about it Draco. I remember her mother pulling the same exact stunt on a certain professor and his girlfriend back when we were kids." Remus said.

"You actually had a girlfriend? Wow dad was wrong about you then." Draco smirked.

"Your father didn't know about me as much as he thought he did." Severus stated.

"Don't worry Sev, we've all wondered about you at one point. Just like we use to wonder about Remus here. At least now we know what he was waiting on."

Finally one of the house elves showed up with their dinner and once everyone was done eating the boys all said their goodnights to their girlfriends and left with Severus. "Sirius, are you sure you are going to be alright with the girls here tonight? They can be quite a handful when they get together." Remus said.

"Don't worry, I'll be fine. Besides I plan on putting a silencing charm on my bedroom so that I won't have to hear them all night long."

"You got it wrong dad, the charm will be so that you won't keep us up all night with your snoring."

"Have fun tonight old friend."

"Thanks a lot Moony, you too." Sirius said as he watched Remus and Dannie leave for a quiet stroll around the grounds.

*****************************

~ A few hours later in Severus' quarters ~

"Jamie, is your uncle asleep?" Harry whispered.

"Yea. Draco you got the shampoo?"

"Of coarse. What about you Harry you got the feathers?"

"What do you think? Come on lets get out of here."

The three boys crept out of down the corridor to Sirius' quarters. "Door's locked" Jamie said.

"Step aside, I can't believe you left your wand in there." Draco whispered. "Alohomora."

"Good they're asleep already. Let's hurry." Harry said

SNORE

"Jamie, I thought you said your dad uses a charming spell on his door?" Draco asked.

SNORE...SNORT

"He claims he does but if I didn't know any better I'd say he only uses earplugs so that we don't keep him awake."

SNORE

"You guys have to be quiet come on now."

The boys noticed that there were cots set up in the family room where the girls were sleeping. They took the shampoo and covered the floorboards on either sides of the cots and they covered up the shampoo with feathers. As they left Harry pointed his wand at Sirius' bedroom door and quietly said "Amplifiora" to amplify the snoring.

SNORE!

When they arrived back at Severus' quarters they could faintly still hear the snores coming from down the corridor. "Goodnight Ferret." Harry said.

"Nite Potty."

"Ferret, Stop calling me Potty"

"Then stop calling me Ferret, Golden boy." Draco said as he threw his pillow at Harry.

"Thanks for the extra pillow, Ferret."

"I said to stop calling me a Ferret"

"Would both of you just stop so we can get some sleep."

In unison said "Sure thing Fungus Face. Goodnight."

*****************************

~ About an hour later ~

SSSNNNOOORRREEE!!!

"Ann Marie, can't you do anything about your dad? I swear it's gotten louder" Ginny said.

"Yeah, let me see if I can wake him up. It sounds like he put his ear plugs in again."

SSNNOORREE!!

Ann Marie got out of bed and as she started to walk her feet slipped our from under her. As she was landing on her tailbone she tried putting her hands down underneath her but instead her arms wound up catching the two cots bringing them in towards her. It wouldn't have been so bad but Bria was still in her cot so she wound up landing on Ann. "Shit that hurt. Bria, would you please get off of me."

SNORT SSNNOORREE!! SNORT

"As long as you get your dad to stop making that noise. Gladly"

Hermione grabbed her wand from her robes that she placed at the foot of the cot and said 'Luminos' "Well, looks like we had some visitors tonight." She then crawled to the end of the cot and stepped over the feathery goo. "I'll be right back" She said as she left the room.

SSSSNNNNOOOORRRREEEE!!!!

"Ann how can you sleep with all this?" Ginny whined.

"I have never heard him this bad. Oh I am so going to get the guys for this one."

flushing sound

SSNNOORREE!

"Mione, do you still have your wand on you?" Ann asked.

"Yeah. Hang on." Hermione then walked over to the noisy door. "Silencio"

"Thank you. Now we have to get them back immediately. Who's in?"

"These prank wars are mainly between you and your brother. Count me out." Hermione said.

"I'm in" said Bria

"Count me in too."

"Well I'm going back to sleep, haaaaaav..." Hermione stated as she was heading back to her cot forgetting about the gooey floor until she slipped on it. She then sat up rubbing the back of her head. "So are we going to go or what?"

The girls then crawled out of the areas of their cots with wands in hand and headed towards Severus' quarters and luckily the door was still unlocked. The girls quietly entered the front room where the boys were on the floor in sleeping bags.

SNORE

SNORT

SNORE

"Merlin, they are almost as bad as your father." Bria said.

"I know. Pathetic isn't it." Ann replied. "Ok Mione you to the tickling charm while Ginny and Bria go into the kitchen and you will see 3 buckets. Mix together anything that you can find in the fridge on the top two shelves only. The stuff on the bottom shelf is for his potions. I will take get the flour and take care of the wind."

"Ok Ann we got the goo ready."

"Good, Hermione once we get the buckets over the boys you cast the charm, as soon as they start sitting up drop the levitation spell so that the buckets will dump over on them then run back to dad's as quickly as possible. We had better stand by the door."

The four girls gathered by the door, pulled out their wands, and Ann, Bria, and Ginny quietly whispered "Wingardum Leviosa" and the buckets slowly moved over the boys' bodies.

At that point Hermione then pointed her wand at the boys and said "Tickolus". The girls sat and smiled at the boys as they started twitching and finally they sat up looking for what could be tickling them.

While they were still groggy they didn't notice the girls until they heard "one...two...now"

"Finati" they said in unison as what ever pasty good that was put into the buckets dumped all over the boys.

"AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!" The boys all yelled.

At that time Hermione, Bria, and Ginny all ran back to Sirius' quarters while Ann said "WindusWhirium" and dumped a bag of flour in the air causing it to move around the boys like a huge white dust devil.

"What in the hell is going on out there!" Severus yelled from the bedroom. Ann immediately ran back towards her dads to join her friends when she almost ran into Remus and Dannie on their way back from their walk.

Severus then opened his bedroom door and noticed the three boys sitting on the floor covered in some sort of lumpy goo that smelled of ketchup, applesauce, pickle relish, oregano, toothpaste, hair gel, and cottage cheese and topped in what could only be flour which happened to be all over the room. Remus peeked into the open door and couldn't stop himself from laughing at the sight of Severus in only his boxers with his arms folded and standing over the three figures on the floor that had to be Harry, Jamie, and Draco. "Now do you care to explain what has been going on this evening?" Severus said to the trio. He then looked at Remus and Dannie who were still laughing at the sight of what was infront of them. "Can you at least fill me in on what you know?"

"Sorry Sev, all I know is we were on our way back when we were almost knocked over by someone covered in shampooed feathers. I don't think the girls are the only ones to be blamed for this evening."

*****************************

~ Meanwhile at Sirius' ~

Ann ran in the front door to her three giggling friends. "Shh, shh, shh. We have to keep it down now. The boys woke up Uncle Sev and I'm sorry Bria but I almost ran over your parents on my way back."

"Well I guess there goes our freedom for awhile." Bria said.

"I know, but it was fun while it lasted." Ann replied.

Just then Severus entered the room in his bath robe followed by the three boys and Bria's parents who were trying to keep as straight of faces as they could in front of their daughter. Severus walked over to Sirius' bedroom door and started pounding on it. "Black, Open up. We have a serious problem here tonight!"

silence

"Black are you in there? I said open up this door!"

"Uncle Severus, He won't hear you. Hermione put a silencing charm on it tonight."

"Well for Merlin's sake child, remove the charm."

Hermione pointed her wand at the door and cringed as she quietly said "Finati"

SSSSSSSNNNNNNNOOOOOOORRRRRRREEEEEEE!!!!!!!

Severus looked at Remus and said "How in the world did my sister ever put up with that, that racket? I would have killed him if I were her."

"Um that would be my fault." Harry said as he approached the door with his wand and repeated "Finati"

SNORE

"Let me get this straight. You amplified his snoring? Why would you do something like that?" Severus asked Harry.

"Well it seemed like a fun idea at the time."

SNORE SNORT

Severus once again pounded on the door. "Black! Open the door, we have a serious problem out here!"

"Alright, I'm up, you don't have to yell." Sirius said as he opened the door. "What in the world is going on?"

"Well it seems that we have been the battle grounds for a prank war."

"Well why didn't anyone wake me for it?" Sirius said.

"From what I have learned you were already involved in it. Harry here decided to amplify your snoring to torment the girls."

Sirius took a good look at the girls and around the room. "You three did this?" they slowly nodded and Sirius answered with "Jamie! My son! I am so proud of you! And Harry your parents would be extremely proud of you today." And he pulled the two boys in for a bear hug. Severus cleared his throat and when Sirius looked at him he shook his head so Sirius then whispered to Harry "Well at least your mum and your aunt would be proud of you. Come here Draco, we can't forget you too. I'm sure if your father was a normal person he too would be proud to call you his son."

"No sir, I'll stay right back here thank you very much." Draco replied. "Um Professor Snape, is he someone I should worry about?"

Remus said "No, you don't need to worry about Sirius. He's always this emotional when it comes to a good prank, especially since its about time Jamie followed in his footsteps."

"You people are strange." Draco said

"That may be true but I don't think I've seen you have this much fun before." Severus told him.

Sirius finally released the two boys after squishing them half to death the looked at the girls "Ann, you and the girls have outdone yourselves this time. I'm just as proud of you too but, I do have one request." He continued as he licked some of the goo off his fingers. "Next time you use food products, make sure that it is something edible. For some reason I am tasting a hint of hair gel here."

"You boys had better get cleaned up before you start to harden. Then as soon as you are done you can clean up the mess in my front room."

"But it's the middle of the night." Draco stated.

"And tomorrow is Sunday. You can all sleep in that way you won't get into any trouble."

"Uncle Sev, before we go back there. Where do you keep the shampoo?"

"It's in the shower where is belongs."

"You mean that was the only bottle?" Harry asked.

"What do you mean by was?"

"Um, nothing, nothing at all. Come on guys." Draco said as the boys scrapped the shampoo off the floor and ran back towards Severus' quarters.

"Do I need to ask where you girls got the supplies for your prank this evening?"

"Nope, we got them from the same place that the boys got theirs from." Ann proudly replied.

"Looks like you too were involved on this one Sev." Remus stated.

"Don't remind me."

"Why don't you girls go get cleaned up. I'm sure you would like to get rid of the shampoo that you are covered in. As soon as your done you can get this all cleaned up." Sirius said.

"Yes sir." They all replied.

"Siri, looks like it's about time for us to retire and let them take over."

"Sorry Moony but I'm not quite ready to retire just yet. I still owe Harry for what he did this evening."

To be continued...
End Notes:
Please Review


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=667