Cultures Collide by Demonic Angel
Summary: This is my response to Severitus Challenge with little twists along the way....Please note that this whole story was completely finished a month before OotP came out......Chapters 21 & 22 finally added
Categories: Parental Snape > Biological Father Snape > Severitus Challenge Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Draco, Dumbledore, Fred George, Ginny, Hermione, Lily, Lucius, Original Character, Petunia, Remus, Ron, Sirius, Vernon, Voldemort
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Angst, General
Media Type: None
Tags: Alternate Universe
Takes Place: 5th summer
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 23 Completed: No Word count: 74933 Read: 64847 Published: 26 Mar 2005 Updated: 29 Jun 2006
Harry's Return to Hogwarts by Demonic Angel

Everyone at the Burrow woke up bright and early to see Harry off.

"Now Harry, just remember what I told you. Let your mum's words answer your questions and don't jump to any conclusions." Mrs. Weasley said as she hugged the young man goodbye thinking I don't believe he's already grown 3 inches in the past few days. Good thing I owled the clerk in the robes shop to put Evergrow on his robes this year.

Harry then hugged Hermione and Ginny and then shook hands with Ron and the twins. "I'll see you all in about a week." With that he threw some Floo powder into the fireplace and shouted "Three Broomsticks!" as he walked into the green flames.

~Three Broomsticks~

"So how much do you think he has changed?" Sirius asked the Headmaster.

"I really don't know but I don't want you looking shocked when you see." Albus' words were interrupted by a thud in the fireplace so the two men looked to where the noise came from.

Sirius mumbled "Close your mouth Albus your catching flies." Dumbledore glared at him then smiled. "Hey Harry I see you actually landed on your feet this time." Sirius stated as he gave his Godson a bear hug and thought. There is no mistaking the boy's parentage at this point. Yes, he resembles his father quite a-bit at least he has Lily's eyes and nose.

"Where is Professor Lupin? Mrs. Weasley said he would be here too."

"Something came up last night it was important that he stay back at the castle." Dumbledore replied.

"He's not hurt is he?"

"No. Yes there was an accident last night but it was the new girl, Bria, who was injured." Sirius stated.

Harry jumped up, "What are we waiting for? Don't we need to get back?"

Harry ran out the door as Dumbledore looked at a smiling Sirius as he started to follow after the boy. Dumbledore put his head in his hands and though I really can't handle this again. before he followed Sirius out the door.

~Back at Hogwarts~

Remus was sitting on the couch with his arm around Dannie's shoulders as she leaned against him sleeping when Bria started stirring. Remus then whispered "Luv? She's waking up."

Dannie opened her eyes and then jumped when she realized what her pillow was. "I'm sorry. I didn't..."

Remus smiled, "It's alright. You looked far too comfortable to disturb." Then they just stared into each other's eyes for a few moments until the figure on the bed moved again.

The two of them stood up and walked to the opposite side of Bria's bed as she opened her eyes. "Mom?"

"Right here baby." Dannie replied as she brushed the hair from her daughter's face.

"Last night after I fell there was another wolf there...I haven't seen any others here before...was that? Did you...?"

"Yes baby I did. It was the fastest way I could think of to find you."

"Does that mean you'll finally go running with me?"

Dannie nodded. "Just as soon as you are better."

Bria then noticed Remus standing next to her mother. "You were there to help me last night and you spent the night in here. Why?"

Remus wasn't too comfortable to be the one to give the girl the news, especially since he had no idea how she would feel about it. "Well your mum and you needed help moving you and I wanted to make sure you would be alright. Afterall you are one of my students."

"I've never had a teacher stay with mom to make sure I was alright before just because I'm one of their students." Bria stated.

Dannie looked up at Remus and smiled before she took her daughter's hand, "You're right, that isn't the only reason he's here. It turns out that Professor Lupin happens to be your father."

Bria motioned for Remus to step closer then gave him a big hug and said "Finally."

Out in the hallway was Snape and a smiling headmaster. "Well Severus, looks like we got one family back together. How about we work on getting yours back to." Albus was startled by something when he turned around and saw Harry listening.

"Sorry to interrupt you sir, do you think I could see Miss Lightpaws?" Harry asked.

"Sure you can my boy. Go right on in."

"Good afternoon Professor" He said as he passed Snape.

"Welcome back Harry." Replied Severus who tried his best to show he saw no difference in the boy but, as he easily noticed the differences it became harder for him to breathe he excused himself before heading back to the dungeons.

Harry stepped in the door and then thought. Am I hearing things or did he just call me Harry? then he shook away the idea of a polite potions master.

Remus heard the door close and he turned to see who it was. "Harry? Why don't you come on in?"

"Sorry Professor Lupin, I didn't want to bother you."

"Remember its Uncle Remus when school's not in session. You are no bother, come on over."

Bria smiled when Harry approached the bed. "Hiya Harry. Decide to come back early?"

"Just a few days early. Needed some space since their house was too crowded." Harry replied.

"Crowded? How many people were there?"

"Well there were the six of us kids, then Bill and Percy were both visiting with their wives, and last of all Bill's twin daughters who just turned 2, not to mention Percy's wife is due any day now."

"Wow that is quite a lot of people in one home."

"So how much longer do you have to stay in here?

"I'm not sure; it will have to be before the moon changes on Wednesday."

"Moon change? Wouldn't that mean you are a werewolf?"

Bria nodded. "Yes, are you disappointed?"

"Defiantly not! I think it's cool in fact my uncle is one."

"I know he is." She smiled.

"I believe it's time for Miss Lightpaws to get some rest now." Pomphrey interrupted.

"Guess I will see you tomorrow." Harry said just before he kissed her on the cheek and left.

"Harry, can I talk to you?" Dumbledore asked.

"Yes sir."

"I am glad to see you've come back early. I didn't know that you know Miss Lightpaws. How did you meet?"

"Well last week when we were all in Diagon Alley we met at the Robes shop. She's different than anyone else but she seems so familiar."

Dumbledore grinned. "I have taken the opportunity to remove you from Divinations and enroll you in Animagus Training. I hope you don't mind." And he handed Harry a gift.

"No sir, I don't mind at all. What is this?"

"Just call it a belated birthday present. To sort of give you a head started but, you only are allowed to study it for 2 hours per day."

"Thank you sir."

"Where have you put your belongings?"

"Up in my dorm room."

"Ok well then I will have the house-elves move them. Due to school not being in session just yet we have arranged for you to have your own living quarters in the same area as the teacher's quarters are. They are located near the dungeons this way you will be close to your uncles. How about you go and get settled in before lunch."

"Yes sir."

"Oh and Harry, if you have any questions about anything at all, please feel free to ask. My door is always open."

Does he know? Harry thought then said, "Erm, thank you sir, I will remember that." He then ran off to find Sirius.

To be continued...
End Notes:
Please review


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=667