Cultures Collide by Demonic Angel
Summary: This is my response to Severitus Challenge with little twists along the way....Please note that this whole story was completely finished a month before OotP came out......Chapters 21 & 22 finally added
Categories: Parental Snape > Biological Father Snape > Severitus Challenge Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Draco, Dumbledore, Fred George, Ginny, Hermione, Lily, Lucius, Original Character, Petunia, Remus, Ron, Sirius, Vernon, Voldemort
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Angst, General
Media Type: None
Tags: Alternate Universe
Takes Place: 5th summer
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 23 Completed: No Word count: 74933 Read: 64836 Published: 26 Mar 2005 Updated: 29 Jun 2006

1. The Past by Demonic Angel

2. Shopping Day by Demonic Angel

3. Welcome to Hogwarts by Demonic Angel

4. At the Burrow by Demonic Angel

5. The Accident by Demonic Angel

6. Harry's Return to Hogwarts by Demonic Angel

7. Remus' Version of the Past by Demonic Angel

8. Flying by Demonic Angel

9. Uh-oh....Busted! by Demonic Angel

10. How Would you Like Your Casket? by Demonic Angel

11. Sortings, Confrontations, and the Mysteries of Beltaine by Demonic Angel

12. Loincloths and Prophecys by Demonic Angel

13. Saddness and Surprises by Demonic Angel

14. When a Prankster Can't Prank by Demonic Angel

15. Truths and Trials by Demonic Angel

16. Chicken Fights or Fighting Chickens by Demonic Angel

17. The big Change by Demonic Angel

18. First Steps by Demonic Angel

19. Superstitions by Demonic Angel

20. About Time by Demonic Angel

21. Spy Revealed by Demonic Angel

22. Surprises by Demonic Angel

23. Family Bonds by Demonic Angel

The Past by Demonic Angel

London, December 1984

"But I thought we meant something to each other!" she cried.

Lying to her he said "You were nothing to me except a good time." The words cut him as he continued, " You are nothing but an easy little mud-blood."

The girl continued "But how am I suppose to take care of..."

"Don't remind me again of this! I expect you will no doubt do the right thing." He interrupted her as he stared her in the eyes clinching his fists tighter and tighter to keep his true feelings from showing. Why did this have to happen? he thought.

Not known to them, two of their friends were just around the corner and heard the whole conversation.

"But I lo..."

"Its Over!" He turned and walked away. He could no longer hold in his pain and still be able to look into those eyes. As he continued to walk he opened his hands and saw the blood starting to seep out from where his nails broke the skin.

"Are you ready for your ceremony?" an older woman asked while noticing her son's hands. "You had better whip up one of your potions to take care of that before we go"

"Yes mother"

"Don't you worry about that mistake, she's a mud-blood and they have ways of taking care of accidents".

Listening to his mothers words his heart broke even more as he replied "Yes, ma'am."

As they walked away he though If only I didn't have to go through this. Of all the ways to prove family loyalty.

At the same time the green eyed girl ran in the opposite direction and smack into James and Remus.

"Lily, what's wrong?" asked Remus

"Not here."

"Ok, lets go" said James as they apparated to his home.

As the three relaxed in the kitchen over some tea, Lily told her two friends exactly what happened.

As James and Lily continued talking Remus went to see who was at the door.

"Sirius, if your going to run around as Padfoot then you need to put your keys on your chain."

"Yeah, yeah. I know. Just forgot again"

At that point Sirius heard Lily crying and asked what was wrong. Remus started filling him in on what happened when Sirius yelled "I'll kill that son of a bitch!"

Lily heard Sirius' voice and as she yelled "NO!" Sirius once again changed and ran off.

The black dog found Severus' scent and followed it to an old abandoned warehouse. As he crept through the building he suddenly froze and thought Oh Shit, of all the things to come across. As he hid behind some boxes he watched as a young cloaked man kneeled before Voldemort to be branded. He could see everything going on except for the cloaked fatherly figure behind the victim holding him in place by the back of his neck. As the young man held back his screams. Sirius ran back to James' house convincing everyone that they were all better off without their ex-friend.

After a long discussion the three guys all agreed to help Lily any and every way that they could.

That night Lily went back to her parent's home and grabbed all her belongings that were left behind. With her parents gone, Petunia, was more than happy to see her freak of a sister go as well.

In the meantime the boys were clearing out the spare room to make it into Lily's room, after-all she was just like their sister and how could you turn out family.

As time went on Lily took care of the house muggle style, James became the DADA instructor at Hogwarts, Sirius became an agent for the ministry, and Remus decided to do some traveling.

Finally one rainy night 7 months after she moved in with her friends Dumbledore interrupted James' class. "Lily is upstairs with Pomphrey, It's time"

Knowing Sirius was on assignment and Remus was still traveling, James dismissed class to be with his friend. As James arrived outside the infirmary Pomphrey jumped out yelling 'IT'S A BOY!!!!!"

Most of the teachers were thrilled to hear the news that mom and son were just fine. The only teacher unaware of what happened that day was meeting with his unwanted master.

"Lily dear, we need a name to put as the father" explained Pomphrey.

"No, he doesn't want his accident"

"Lily, we have been friends half our lives. You're the only sister I have. Please let me give your child my name. It will give him a family."

Lily hugged James and her son became Harry Potter.

***********************************************************

Northern Wisconsin May 1985

The elders were harassing Danielle again on the reservation about her special gift. One cloudy evening she couldn't take it any more and decided to be with her friends in the pack.

While in her wolf form she couldn't find anyone she was looking for but, all of a sudden she heard a strange howling. Danielle knew her friend's calls and this one was definitely different.

As she searched the woods she came across the mysterious male but unfortunately he was caught in a trap. The male seemed to be unconscious from the pain, at this time Dannie became herself again and freed the wolf then once again transformed. Dannie licked his wound to clean it, rested, and waited for the male to wake up but then she fell asleep. After a few hours the strange wolf woke up and licked her nose to say "Thank you". Dannie jumped up startled then realized the strange wolf wasn't going to hurt her. Suddenly daybreak started and Dannie's new friend ran off as fast as he could.

Dannie spent the whole next day thinking of her new friend and where he would be. By nightfall she still couldn't stop wondering about him or worrying about his condition. She once again transformed and went out looking for the wolf. After about an hour she heard the slightly familiar howl. Dannie and the male wolf found one another. They spent the rest of the night together as she showed him her forest. As time went by they wound up in a secluded cave and then consummated their new relationship.

The next morning Dannie heard a man's screams of pain, she lifted her head to look around to see if it was the man who left the trap she released her mate from. To her terror these sounds were actually coming from her mate but those are human sounds and shape shifting doesn't hurt she though. In terror she sprinted from the cave, transformed into her human form and looked at the early morning sky.

"Oh Shit! Why didn't I see sooner???" She panicked as she noticed the full moon fade away into the horizon. "He can't know who or what I am, nobody would understand."

Three months later it was the full moon again. Dannie was sitting on the edge of the forest crying. Although she missed her friends she had not transformed since that dreadful morning out of fear. As she listened to the night she faintly heard the once familiar now lonely howl, she rubbed her belly and said "Everything will work out somehow."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Northern Wisconsin Summer 2000

Fourteen years old Gabrielle was once again walking through the forest alone. Bria to her mom and friends was shunned and feared by most of the reservation for many reasons. The two most common reasons were that she inherited the shape shifting ability from her mother, secondly according to her eye and skin coloring her father was a 'white-man' causing Bria to be called "half-breed" by the other kids. This cut her to the core, her only escape from this was to go and run with her forest friends. This scared her mother at times. Not only because of the hunters out there but also because of her age and the male wolves. Although Bria had never met her father, due to her abilities her mother was very open to her about how she was conceived.

As Bria ran through the woods she came upon her special place by the lake. This was where she escaped to when things got hard, it was so special not even her mother knew about it. It was hear that she had learned that she had other special talents. She once tried to talk to her mother about her gifts but her mom hushed her up immediately and told her how females with these powers were killed.

As Bria sat 'playing' with the water, an owl came up to her. At first she was afraid because owls were suppose to be evil, then she though Well in a way I'm considered evil too, so she stayed. The owl slowly approached her when she noticed there was a letter attached to its leg.

Dear Miss Lightpaws,

You have cordially been invited to attend Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. We will have one of our professors meet you at the St Paul Airport on August 15th to escort you to get your supplies and introduce you to the school.

Due to our inability to locate you sooner we are arranging for you to have tutors so that you will be able to be with the rest of your 4th year classmates.

Yours truly, Professor Dumbledore - Headmaster

Bria quickly ran home as fast as possible to talk to her mother. After resting a few minutes to catch her breath she quietly and calmly showed her the letter. At first Dannie was stunned but, knowing there was proof of what her daughter truly was, she felt that it was best that she does attend this Hogwarts Academy but, only on one condition. Her mother also comes along to see this school for herself.

Dumbledore agreed to her mother's request understanding where they come from and her needing to be able to put her fears of her daughters safety to rest.

To be continued...
End Notes:
Please Review
Shopping Day by Demonic Angel

Meanwhile at the Dursleys

Harry was getting ready to leave for The Burrow the next day. For the first time in a week his Aunt and Uncle finally let him out of his room to get himself cleaned and fixed up before he was to leave. As he looked in the mirror he noticed that there had been quite a few changes since he left school a short time ago. Not only had he lost a tremendous amount of weight from being fed practically bread and water the whole time but his hair was now just past his shoulders, and he had grown a good 4 inches. As for some of the changes he noticed in his face he just figured that they were caused by the lack of nourishment, the others he would make sure he asked his Uncle Remus about.

As Harry packed his belongings he noticed one of his birthday presents still wrapped up. I don't remember seeing this one earlier he though. As he opened it up he noticed it was a diary and right inside was a note from his mother.

30 September 1986

My Darling Harry,

I know by now you have a lot of questions about your life. As you read this hopefully you will understand and forgive your father and I. I wish we could have been there all these years for you, to see you grow into a fine young man like your 3 uncles and your father were or still are. Since you are reading this that means this is now your 15th birthday and you are turning into a man. As time goes on you will notice some changes taking place throughout the next few months. You will no doubt start looking more and more like your father. My baby, I hope you will understand and in time forgive your father, we were young at the time and he had certain family loyalties he had to live up to. It has taken me awhile to understand and forgive him myself and I prey that you have it in your heart to give him the chance to be the loving man I once knew along time ago.

I love you more than anything else in this world,

Your Mum,

Lily Evans

Harry was more confused than ever. Harry sat and thought to himself: Ok yes I have questions I know at least 2 of my uncles, after all, nobody ever mentioned that Peter was like an uncle to me so where did the 3rd one come from???? What did she mean I will look more like my father? From what I have heard my whole life, I look exactly like him other than having my mom's eyes.

Harry ran to find a mirror from his trunk. Yes at least his eyes were still the same as always, What else is there to make me look more like him? Understand and forgive my father? If only he didn't die with her. What could he have done to my mother to make her think he needed forgiving? Everyone told me that my parents were so much in love, so what is this about being a loving man along time ago???? Great just what I need is more questions about my life. Not like I don't have enough as it is.

The curiosity ate at him but Harry knew that if he wanted to see his friends and leave the abusive hellhole he was in he had to wait a little longer so into his trunk went his mother's diary. Harry then finished packing and lay down to get some sleep.

******************************

The next day as a car horn blew from outside, Harry grabbed his trunk and hurried out the door before his uncle could even get up from the breakfast table. The last thing in the world Harry wanted was to have another incident with his family, especially in front of Hermione and her parents. As soon as he climbed into the car Mr. Granger pulled away since he really didn't wish to deal with Harry's relatives either. Not too much longer Mr. Granger pulled up in front of the Leaky Cauldron, kissed Hermione goodbye, slipped her some money for supplies and bid farewell to Harry.

The two of them entered the facility and sat down for a drink while they waited for their friends. As they sat there Remus came up and joined them for a bit. About 10 minutes later the Weasley clan arrived will Mrs. Weasley announcing that she expected them home in time for dinner. Everyone was so glad to see each other that there were hugs and handshakes all around. At that time Remus broke to news to everyone, "I know you are really going to be disappointed this year but you do need to know." As the kids looked a bit confused as Remus continued, "I was offered and I accepted the Charms position this year."

All three children cheered, Hermione hugged Remus, Ron shook his hand and when Harry attempted to shake his hand he was pulled into a hug. As Harry went to sit back down without looking he felt someone else in his chair. "Now Harry, what would people say, first you hug one man and then you sit on the lap of another?" Sirius said with a smirk.

As Ron and Hermione laughed, Harry jumped out of shock. He then turned around to see who it was. "You shouldn't be here like that...you'll get caught!"

"Well Harry, while you were gone during the summer there have been quite a few changes around here. First of all Peter was finally caught and he also confessed to everything. Then because of his confession, Dumbledore pretty much gave Fudge no other choice than to drop the charges against me."

"Does that mean that I don't have to go back to the Dursley's?" Harry asked.

Sirius and Remus nodded "Yes but, we will have to talk about that another time. You kids still need to get your supplies before Mrs. Weasley gets back."

Everyone got up and left their table to enter Diagon Alley. Remus was the last to leave as he dug through his pockets so he could leave the tip. As he walked out the back door Dannie, Severus, and Bria all came down the stairs. Entering the room Dannie noticed a vaguely familiar scent in the air that she had not sensed in years.

******************************

As Severus and the ladies sat down for breakfast, Dannie asked him about the instructors that would be tutoring her daughter.

Snape replied: "Let's see there's Professor McGonagall who teaches Transfiguration, the ability to change one object into another, she is an Animagus and head of Gryffindor House. Professor Binns teaches History of Magic. I teach Potions and I am the head of the Slytherin House. This year we have Sirius Black teaching Defense Against the Dark Arts. He was an Auror before sentenced to Azkaban. Also he will be teaching Animagi Studies to the fifth through seventh year students. And last of all there is Professor Lupin who use to teach DADA but now will teach Charms, I must let you know he is a werewolf."

Dannie and Bria glanced at each other when Dannie said, "Couldn't be, that was back home and with his carelessness around traps he is probably gone by now."

Severus raised an eyebrow and quietly pondered what he overheard.

Finally Bria asked. "What is this Animagus that you mentioned?"

"It is the ability to learn how to change into your sprit animal and how to manage the pain of changing. At the time the students receive their NEWT in the course they will also be registered with the Ministry of Magic."

Bria said. "You have to actually learn to shape-shift? I thought it was only done by those born with the gift."

"My apologies Miss Lightpaws but if I understand you correctly, your people are born Anim- Shape Shifters as you call it? In our world that is extremely rare, and for those who aren't, without the proper training so much can go wrong."

Dannie started "Mr. Snape."

"Professor."

"I am not one of your students so I repeat. Mr. Snape, in our world being a Shape Shifter is not something very common, maybe one in a thousand have the ability and still must have a parent that also has the gift. Not only that but Shape Shifters are considered evil and looked down upon" Dannie looked at her daughter and continued, "Now before you ask, yes I am a Shape Shifter but that is my only gift. As for my daughter, she had no choice but to be one not only because of me but because her father was a..."

"Werewolf" Snape finished. "He was also a Wizard wasn't he?"

"We are not sure if he was or not, I only knew him during one cycle and I didn't know what he was until daybreak. What we do know is that he was a white-man by Bria's coloring." Dannie continued, "I suppose he must have been a wizard because if any ancestor in my family possessed her talents then they would have been killed immediately. That is the reason I agreed to let Bria come here. Her powers grow stronger and were becoming impossible to hide."

Snape nodded and handed Dannie a bag of coins. "Here is the currency you requested that I have changed for you. There is more than enough to pickup her supplies. I must speak to the Headmaster but I will meet you back here this evening." Then he led them into Diagon Alley, handed Bria her supply list then apparated to Hogwarts.

******************************

As Remus and Sirius roamed around Diagon Alley with the trio, Sirius asked, "Have you noticed the change in Harry?"

"Yes I have. He's most likely received Lily's diary by now and has a lot of questions about it."

"I'm going to talk to Molly and ask her to send Harry to Hogwarts at the end of the week. Maybe he'll feel comfortable talking to one of us about it."

"I suggest we ask him first though."

They agreed then joined the kids in Madam Malkin's robes shop. As they entered they noticed Hermione was being measured while Harry and Ron were talking to someone new and her mother. Sirius snickered, "Hmmm, New blood" and winking at Remus he went up and introduced themselves to Harry's new friends. Remus stayed back with a strange but familiar feeling in the pit of his stomach. There is something familiar about her. He thought as he looked at Dannie.

"Hello ladies. I see you've met my Godson, Harry, here. I am Sirius Black and the bum behind me is Remus Lupin. We are both professors at Hogwarts."

Dannie looked at her daughter and then at Remus. Could he actually be? Then she noticed his limp. Oh shit that scent, it can't... "Hello. Professor Snape already told us about you. I am Gabriella Lightpaws and this is my mother, Danielle."

Dannie nodded to the two men but not once taking her eyes off Lupin. Sirius noticed this and thought. Well, well. Looks like wolfy boy has an admirer. Maybe she can help him break out of this slump he's been in ever since he came back from his last trip.

Sirius said. "So you have met our Potions Master already have you?"

"Yes, Mr. Black. Mr. Snape was sent to meet my daughter and I at the airport in St. Paul and he was kind enough to escort us back here." Dannie stated. "In fact, he will be meeting us at the Leaky Cauldron tonight to take us onto Hogwarts so that Bria can catch up in her studies."

Harry smiled at Bria. "So you'll be at Hogwarts? What year and where are you transferring from?"

She explained to him that although she was starting out as a 4th year, she was going early so that she could be tutored to catch up.

Noticing the look Harry was giving the girl, Sirius nudged Remus and asked. "So Harry as we started to talk about earlier. Since you are going to The Burrow tonight, would you like to join us at Hogwarts next week since Remus and I are now living there?"

Harry bit down on his lip just like his mom use to and glaring at his uncles then said. "Um, sure why not. Besides it will give Ron and Hermione some alone time. OUCH!" as Ron elbowed Harry hard.

The seven of them spent the rest of the afternoon together until Mrs. Weasley arrived to pickup the kids and then used the Floo Powder to leave. Severus immediately arrived to escort Dannie and Bria onto Hogwarts when he noticed some similarities between Remus and Bria. As they all prepared to use a Portkey back to the school grounds, Severus and Remus looked at each other and said in unison, "We need to talk".

To be continued...
End Notes:
Please review
Welcome to Hogwarts by Demonic Angel

As soon as they arrived back at Hogwarts Dumbledore greeted Dannie and Bria at the door. "I am very sorry that it took so long for us to find you, although I am glad to see both of you have decided to join us."

"I am honored to be here sir and I hope to be able to live up to your expectations." Bria replied.

Dumbledore smiled and whispered to her. "As long as you have fun with learning I am sure you will succeed." Then turning to Dannie "If you ladies would like to join us in the Great Hall, dinner is about to start and I would like to speak with you afterwards though."

"But of course." she replied.

The ladies entered the Great Hall and were surprised at how huge it was. They soon realized how many students must actually live here and for once Bria thought she just might find the place that she belongs. During dinner Bria and Dannie were introduced to the rest of the staff but Dannie still couldn't get past the familiar presence of Remus. After dinner Headmaster Dumbledore lead Dannie, Severus, and Remus to his office.

"Ms. Lightpaws, over the past few weeks we have had a position open here that I thought you could help us with."

"But sir, I don't have any magic abilities or gifts. How could I possibly help out?"

"But my dear, you do. Weather you realize it or not, what your people call Shape Shifting is truly a magic of it's own. Very few people are born with the gift, as you well know. Not only that but your culture and background fits perfectly for the Herbology position that needs to be filled."

Dannie looked puzzled when Severus told her "I'm sorry. I am the one who told Albus about you and Bria. With her father being what he is I though he needed to know. Does she automatically change during the full moon cycle?"

Dannie looked down at the floor and slightly nodded. "That's not the only time though. See she has been going through exactly what I went through at her age. The other children on the Reservation either ignore or harass her not only for being a 'half-breed' but for also being a Shape Shifter. Because of it she has learned that the pack in our woods are very accepting of us. They have always been our only friends and no matter what they have been there when needed."

"Now Severus said when you met Bria's father you hadn't known what he was until day-break. Do you care to explain?"

"It was during the evening that we met, and although he was in wolf form I swore I had finally found someone like myself. It wasn't until the next morning when I heard the pain of him changing when I realized I was wrong. It wasn't until I left him behind and noticed the remains of the previous evening's moon." she continued, "You don't understand sir, with this curse nobody would ever consent to their son marrying me and as for the any regular wolf that's just unthinkable. I was 20 years old and destined to be an old maid. The idea of meeting someone especially a man with the same abilities I have was...I never had any notion of getting pregnant and cursing my child with this as well."

"My dear, in no way is this a curse. This is a gift that was given to you and that you have shared with your daughter. Besides there is no need for you to go on with your story. It seems that I have heard this tale before." Dannie was stunned as the elderly man continued. "You see as you have most likely learned by now when wolves mate it becomes a life long bond that cannot be broken by anything less than death. You see many years ago Remus graduated from Hogwarts and he moved in with his friends Sirius, James, and Lily who was the mother of the young man you met earlier in the robe shop. Well Lily was pregnant with Harry at that time," he continued thiel glancing at Severus "instead of staying around and risking any harm to Lily or the baby I agreed to send Remus on a trip to America. After Harry was born Remus finally returned but I could tell he was lost inside but not even he knew the full reason. May I ask when was the last time you went running?"

Dannie sighed "Not since Bria was conceived."

"Well usually the dark forest is off limits. I know you have most likely longed to run with you daughter, why don't you take the opportunity to do so tonight. It's just so that you can feel more comfortable with your new surroundings. The full moon isn't for another two weeks now and your daughter will have no choice but to change so she needs to learn the grounds."

"But what if we get lost?"

"Sirius is also an Animagus but, his form is a dog." Dannie smirked while she thought so fitting and Remus smiled at her as if knowing her thoughts. Dumbledore continued "I could ask him to escort you around."

"Thank you sir. Let me speak with Bria, but I'm sure she will love the chance." And with that she left the room.

"Now as for you Severus." Dumbledore started, interrupting Remus who was watching the woman whom just shocked him leave. "Don't be too happy about this quite yet Mr. Lupin. This time I expect that you will slow down. I know you two are connected but you both have to get to know each other this time. By the way, congratulations. It's a Girl!" And with those words, cigars with pink bands popped up in their hands. Dumbledore turned his attention back to Severus. "As you most likely realize Harry has now turned 15. I warned you that the day would come that you and he would have to have a talk. Have you decided what you are going to say to him?"

"No sir I have not. I still can't reveal that he could possibly be my son. He resembles James too much and the plan has worked so far."

"Severus, if I remember right, there was a time you and James could have passed as twins. You two are cousins and until puberty hit the resemblance was uncanny."

Snape closed his eyes and slowly shook his head. "He hates me though. How will I ever get him to understand?"

"Well, before Lily died she charmed her diary to appear in his possession on his 15th birthday. What he reads in it just may help you out."

Remus spoke up. "Sev, you didn't see Harry in town today. He has changed quite rapidly. He and his friends may have dismissed it at this point as a result for mal-nourishment he has undergone this summer but, once he becomes healthy again they are going to see the difference." Snape looked at Remus then Dumbledore as Remus continued. "Sirius and I have invited Harry to stay with us here next week, we are hoping he will have read the diary by then and we can help ease the blow before the term starts."

Snape nodded in agreement

"Oh and one last thing." Remus stated. "It seems your son has eyes for my daughter. If he dares to hurt her like you did Lily then I will take care of him."

Snape collapsed in his chair in shock. Oh shit, I am in trouble! He thought.

To be continued...
End Notes:
Please review
At the Burrow by Demonic Angel

While everyone was getting ready for a quick game of Quidditch Ron and Hermione walked into the bedroom to find Harry tossing everything out of his trunk in search of his guards. "What's this?" Ron asked while picking up a book off Harry's cot. "Ooh a diary." he teased before he started chanting "Harry's got a diary, Harry's got a diary, Harry's got a diary."

"Ron please put that down, it belonged to my mum."

Ron continued to chant as he danced around the room when the note fell out and onto the floor. Fred and George heard the commotion as they entered and joined in with their younger brother.

Hermione then picked up the paper and after briefly looking it over she yelled "Ron! Stop this and give it back to him now!"

Ron noticed how furious she was then handed it back to his friend. "Sorry mate."

Fred and George smirked at their brother then started their own chanting 'Ronnie is whipped, Ronnie is whipped..." while Ron turned almost as red as his hair and started chasing the two throughout the house.

Hermione smilled warmly at Harry as she handed him back the slip of parchment and said, "I have noticed that you've started to change. Have you read any of it yet?"

Harry just shook his head, "I don't feel right about reading it. Those were her private thoughts."

"I understand that but your mum wouldn't have taken the time to make sure you received it if she didn't want you to. Besides, what better way than to get to know the person she was than to read how she felt."

Harry sighed "I'll take a look at it after dinner tonight."

Hermione glared at him "Are you sure? You're not just saying that are you?"

"I promise." he said as he put the book back into his trunk then the two of them ran downstairs to join their friends. Later that evening when Harry was certain that everyone else was asleep he picked up his wand and the diary then went into the closet to make sure he didn't waked anyone up. As soon as the door was shut he whispered "Lumos" and the end of the wand lit the small room just enough so he could sit on the floor and start reading.

******************************

1 September 1977

Dear Diary,

Well today officially started the first day of this whole new life. I am so scared and excited. I am home sick already but from what I've seen so far I don't want to leave here. I really don't know what all I exactly feel. Everything is happening so fast and I really don't want to miss any of it.

I am happy to be away from Petunia. Ever since I received my letter she has walked around calling me a freak. Unfortunately I have noticed that some of the kids here can be just as cruel. Today while on the train to school I was sharing a compartment with this one boy, (his name I can't recall right now because it's kind strange.) Well we were just joking around and all and he was telling me all that his friends had told him about the school. Well all of a sudden this blonde haired jerk stuck his head in and said something about the boy's parents being upset about him talking to a Mud-blood. Well the boy I was talking to wound up leaving with him. When I ran into him again at the sorting ceremony he completely ignored me. Sigh I was hoping at first that we would be put into the same house so that I could get to know him but, he was sorted into the snake house (not sure of all these strange names yet) and I was put into umm...oh yea, Gryffindor (says it on my robes now. SO COOL) that's it.

Good news though, I did meet some other kids here though. There's Molly who is in her 7th year, and Serious (cruel parents) who doesn't act anything like his name, and then James. I was telling James about what happened between me and the two snake boys and he was shocked to the point that I was told if I was called it again to let him know and they would make sure it wouldn't happen again. Although I don't know what a Mud-blood is but from the way they acted it's not good. At least that one boy didn't actually call me it, he just left with the one who did.

Know what's funny? Don't say anything but James sort of looks like the boy I met from the snake house.. Both cute but you know my taste. Oops better get to bed, got classes first thing in the morning.

Talk to you later,

Love, Lily

******************************

Harry sighed and though I have enough time to read one more entry.

******************************

10 September 1977

Dear Diary,

Well so far so good. The classes here are SO COOL. Three times a week we have Potions with the Slytherins!!! (You know that snake house) I have made some more friends here. There is now Remie (only I get to call him that) and there is also Peter. As for the girls I share a room with, they are too gossipy for my taste. It's always I heard this or I heard that. Sorry but I don't think so.

Let's see now, about my newer friends. Remus (Remie) is very sweet but also very shy, as for Peter, there is something I really don't like about that boy. He is way to quiet and I just get this creepy feeling whenever he's around. James and Serious, they can be some real troublemakers at times. This morning when I woke up my hair was neon green. I can't prove it but I think that those two had something to do with it cause the minute I stepped into the common room Serious was taking my photo. I'm going to have to go to the library this weekend to look up some spells just so I can get even with them.

As I said earlier, we have Potions with the Slytherins 3 times a week. The more I look at them the more James and Severus really looks alike. Unfortunately Sev hangs out with that blonde jerk still so he won't even talk to me. It's almost as if he's not allowed to. We were put together as partners today during class and he didn't say one word nor let me do any of the work. I though it was suppose to be a team effort. Anyway the stupid professor gave me detention for it while Sev got full marks on the assignment. Go figure, after-all he is the Head of the Slytherin House.

Oops, gotta run. I'm late for detention.

Ok, I'm back!

Geesh that was miserable. When I got there Sev was talking to Professor Gollum about something. They immediately got quiet when I arrived. As I sat down to work on my make up assignment he actually had the guts to try to look at me but then he immediately turned his eyes to the floor. I am so confused, I like him but in a way I think he may like me but then he can be the rudest jerk in the world. This is all too confusing. I'll just forget him, afterall I'm still too young.

Gotta run,

LL

******************************

Harry decided to turn in for the night but couldn't believe his mom actually had a crush on Professor Snape. ICK. No, it had to be someone else named Severus, besides from what I've seen he looks nothing like my dad. It can't be. And with that last thought Harry finally fell asleep.

The next day Harry woke up to a small knock on the door. When he looked around the room he noticed he was the only one in there so he stumbled out of bed to answer it.

"Mrs. Weasley would like to know if you are coming down for lunch" Hermione stated.

"Yeah." Harry said as he turned around to throw on his shirt while leaving the door open.

Hermione gasped when she noticed his back. "What in the world?"

Embarrassed, Harry quickly threw on his shirt and said. "I didn't get the housework done quick enough a few times so I had to pay for my laziness. It's really nothing."

Hermione shook her head "Harry, how come you haven't told Dumbledore about this before?"

"Because if I had then the ministry would have put me into foster care if not worse, an orphanage. Besides, with Sirius pardoned now I don't have to go back there ever again."

"Before we go down, did you get a chance to read any of your mom's diary?"

"Yes but so far it didn't answer any questions, just brought up a few more."

"Well how much did you read?"

"Just the first two entries but, it was the beginning of her first year. It just spoke of how cruel Aunt Petunia was some boy she met on the train who hung around with a blonde jerk and then ignored her. Then she mentioned her new friends who were my dad, Sirius, Remus, Peter, and some 7th year named Molly. Also told how much she hated her Potions Master. No real answers there."

Well why don't you try skipping ahead in the book and maybe that will help. Isn't Mrs. Weasley's name Molly? Maybe she's the one in the book and can help you too."

"That's an idea. I never thought of asking her. Besides they are around the same age."

Later that day everyone was outside playing Quiddich again when Harry went inside to get some water. "Mrs. Weasley, can I ask you something?"

"Sure Hon, what's on your mind?"

"Well um, see I err got as one of my birthday presents this book you see and um."

"Harry, sit down, take a deep breath, and relax. You'll be able to ask a lot easier."

Harry took her advice then continued. "Well this book I got, I don't know who sent it but it's my mum's diary. When I opened it up there was this note inside." Harry handed her the letter from Lily.

Molly quietly read the letter that the boy handed her. Then apologizing for her tearful eyes she said. "I'm sorry Harry, I can see why you have some questions. You really need for your mum's words to answer those for you. What I can agree on is you look more and more like both your parents every time I look at you." Kneeling down next to where the boy sat she put her arm around his shoulder and continued. "No matter what you may think now. Your father at one point was a very good man who loved your mum with all his heart."

"So you are the Molly that my mum mentions?"

Molly nodded, "And I see you have already started reading it. Why don't you head on up and read some more before dinner."

"You said I look more and more like my parents, I have seen photos of my father as a boy and as an adult but for some reason I cant see him in me anymore."

At that point Fred and George strolled in and Fred said, "That's because of your long hair you look like a Snape."

Molly glared at the boys then looked at Harry smiling. "Go get to know your mother some more Hon."

With that Harry hugged Mrs. Weasley, whispered "Thank you" and ran upstairs to the bedroom. Harry took Hermione's advice and looked ahead in the diary but, only skipped a few entries.

******************************

5 January 1978

Well I just arrived back from the winter holidays. It was so good to be back home with my parents. I tried so hard getting along with petunia but with her usual attitude it was pretty bad. Not to mention with that new boyfriend of hers, Vernon, she was twice as bad plus his attitude as well. I was so happy when dad threw him out for disrespect but, I had no idea that dad would be strong enough to lift the fat-ass up like that. I hate to say it but I really think that Petunia and Vernon are made for one another.

On for the good news. The presents! (hehehe) Mum and Dad got me one of those new Atari systems, a new turntable, and some records. I also got some candy and dung-bombs that the gang owled over. I was grounded the last two days at home because I set off the dung-bombs in Tuna's room.

THANKS A LOT SIRIUS, NOW QUIT READING OVER MY SHOULDER!

Good now that I got rid of him I can continue.

I even got a card from Sev. I was so surprised and so happy. He asked me not to reply to the letter but he would explain things when he had a chance. Yes, I still think he's cute but he won't even act like my friend and he's always with Malfoy.

UUUGGGHHH

Well time for dinner so I have to run.

******************************

Harry sighed and thought Ok, lets try skipping more.

******************************

1 June 1978

I can't believe it. This is so cool. Mum and dad agreed for all my friends to come and spend a few weeks at the house. It won't start until the middle of the month but I can hardly wait.

From June 15-30 everyone is going to be here. I get to show them the Muggle world, boy are they in for a shock.

Then we're going to spend a few weeks at Sirius' home, then everyone is with their families for a week then two weeks at Remie's since he lives the closest to Diagon Alley, and then the rest of the time at James' house since it has the most room. Mr. and Mrs. Potter have even invited our parents to stay with them the last week before school starts.

Well I have got to go or I'll miss the train home. I'm leaving you here so that Tuna-face doesn't find you.

Happy summer,

Love Lily.

******************************

Later that evening Molly contacted Dumbledore using the Floo network. "Headmaster, I need to talk to you about Harry."

"Molly, how many times have I told you to call me Albus?"

"I know but you know how hard it is to break old habits. Anyway about Harry. You realize that he will be there next week right?"

"Yes I do. I presume you have noticed he started changing already?"

Molly sighs. "Yes. He looks more like his dad than I expected him to. Thing is, the twins have already started commenting about his appearance. This is happening so quickly, is there anything I can do to slow it down before he gets the wrong ideas?"

"Unfortunately not. We must let nature take its course with him. Can you get him ready to arrive here tomorrow?"

"I think that maybe the best solution. He's having a great time with the kids but, he really needs to read the diary more and here he doesn't have too much time to do so."

"Ok, I will let the guys know. Is there anything else?"

Molly swallowed hard. "Unfortunately yes. Hermione came to me today. Turns out that when she woke him up for lunch she noticed his back was covered in whelps. When she asked him about it he told her that it was a payment for not getting his chores done quickly enough."

Dumbledore's eyes widened. "Have you seen these marks?"

"No but, I noticed that he just about jumped out of his skin when I place my arm on his shoulders. Please tell me he doesn't' have to go there ever again."

"No, not unless he really wants to but, I appreciate you telling me. I will take care of things on this end. You get Harry ready."

"Thank you sir."

Dumbledore immediately owled Sirius, Remus and Severus.

Please come to my office immediately. We need to talk.

To be continued...
End Notes:
Please Review
The Accident by Demonic Angel

The three men arrived in Dumbledore's office he looked at each of them before he said "Ok, now that you are all here I need to talk to you so please have a seat."

The guys looked at one another then Remus spoke up. "What's wrong Albus; it's not Harry is it?"

Dumbledore sighed "I'm afraid it is. I just heard from Molly, a turn out that Harry’s appearance has been changing more drastically than expected. Are you three ready to answer his questions?"

They all nodded slowly and Snape replied. "I believe so. Do we know how much of the diary he has read?"

"From what I understand he has only read about her first year at the most."

Severus walked over to the window and looking out he said "He must have more questions than ever now. You understand he will never accept this."

"Severus, please have a seat. There is more" Snape looked at the Headmaster then sat back down. "It has also been brought to my attention that Harry has been severely abused over the years that he has stayed with the Dursley's."

"Abused???" Sirius questioned

"WHAT?" Severus exclaimed

"Do you mean it is still going on?" Remus asked as everyone looked at him.

"Do you mean you knew about this and didn't even tell me?" Sirius screamed

Remus sighed. "Back in Harry's third year I noticed some strange bruises and marks. When I confronted him he was very hesitant on telling me anything. The only reason I was able to get him to tell me about what the Dursley's were doing to him was if I promised not to tell anybody else. I agreed to that promise on the condition that if it ever happened again then he would owl me immediately. I thought the abuse had stopped because I hadn't heard from him during the summer holidays."

Dumbledore replied. "I wonder. Hermione and Ron use to tell me how they never hear from Harry during the summer either. He probably didn't want you to tell anyone about the abuse because of the thought of having to go into an orphanage. Needless to say, we will have to take it slow with him to get him to earn our trust."

"With the way I have treated him, that is never going to happen." Severus stated

"I have a feeling once he learns more from Lily it will happen sooner than you may realize or expect it to." Albus stated, "Now Molly is going to make sure Harry is ready and we will be meeting them in Hogsmeade in the morning. Severus, I must ask that you remain here."

"I understand. I have to start preparing the Wolfsbane potion for next week anyway." Severus replied.

Dumbledore looked at Sirius, "How are the ladies adjusting to the grounds?"

"Well, Dannie is very hesitant on changing still but as I have noticed by the way she keeps watching her daughter it won't be much longer. As for the little one, I never realized how out of shape I was until I tried keeping up with that pup." Sirius continued while glaring at Remus. "You really have your hands full with that one so you had better start getting into shape."

"How'd you..?"

"Remus, I have known you in your wolf form half your life. She may have your eyes as a girl but when she transforms she also inherited a lot of your markings. There is no doubt in my mind who fathered that cub." smirked Sirius.

All Remus could do was smile with pride. Not pride in not knowing his daughter but pride in the idea that his daughter was a bit much for his old wild friend.

"Well gentlemen, I suggest we end this meeting. Besides Sirius, I believe you have some ladies waiting on you." Dumbledore stated just before there was a knock at the door.

Sirius turned around and as he opened the door he said, "I'll be there in just a moment." As Remus shyly peered around his friend. "Albus, will there be anything else?"

"No, go on ahead."

Sirius jumped up and headed out the door with Bria closely behind him all ready to run off a day's worth of being stuck inside buried under books. Dannie quietly approached Remus with only Severus noticing with a slight smile. "Would you care to join us tonight?" She asked.

Remus looked at his feet and replied. "It will be another week before I can transform. I'd just slow you down."

"To tell you the truth" she replied. "I just sit back and watch them run around."

Remus nodded, grabbed his cane, and then offered her his arm in which smiling she took.

******************************

1 September 1978

Dear Diary

Well this summer was the best. Tuna tried her usual attitude towards me as soon as I walked in the front door. As usual mum and dad didn't interfere at all but dad did warn her about everyone coming over at the end of following week. You should have heard the fit she had. Luckily by the time James, Remus, and Sirius came over nothing from her had changed, in fact I do believe she actually got worse. Sirius was shocked; he never thought that any Muggle would be worse than Malfoy. Great thing was that since we aren't allowed to do magic away from school the boys came prepared with all sorts of stuff from the joke shop back at Diagon Alley. Tuna actually learned her lesson while they were there.

The first night she decided to climb up onto her soapbox and started calling all of us nothing but a bunch of no good freaks. Well, James and Sirius changed out her toothpaste with some sort of concoction that by morning she actually had a horse-head to match her teeth. Mum didn't hesitate at all in reprimanding each and every one of us. We almost were grounded until dad came in and made it clear that Tuna deserved what she got due to her constant nagging at my friends. We were then all sent upstairs while mum and dad argued. Needless to say it was decided that Tuna was sent to her friend's home until the boy's visit was over.

The following weekend dad took us to the mall to get them some Muggle clothes, jeans and t-shirts (hmm.not a bad memory), then we went to the driver in where the boys saw their first movie which was a double feature of Grease and Saturday Night Fever. Grease was pretty cool but to tell you the truth; I can't stand the disco music. ICK. Dad spent pretty much the rest of the visit trying to teach them the rules of football and rugby and then the last weekend they were there dad took them to a football game.

Pretty much nothing too exciting happened at Remie's or Siri's homes except we all did our school shopping the last day that we were at Remie's. We worked together on our summer assignments and the boys taught me the basics of Quidditch.

Finally it was time to visit James' home. WOW was his parent's home huge. While I was there I got the shock of my life. I knew there was a reason I thought that James and Sev looked alike. Turns out that James' mum and Sev's dad are brother and sister. Well, Sev's parents had to go out of town on a business trip again so he stayed with the Potters. We wound up getting along great, he helped me to understand potions somewhat better and I got to help him on his Charms assignment (although I really don't think he needed it). We finally got to talk about what went on during the school year. Turns out his dad is in this purest club along with Malfoy's dad. Well Lucius is also trying to get in on this club so he keeps a tight eye on everything Sev does at school. I really think Sev is afraid of his dad and the way he squirms when Mrs. Potter hugged him as he arrived; I think he beats him too.

Well, we spent a lot more time practicing Quidditch there; the guys are talking about trying out for house teams. Finally we had to go pickup dad (mum and Tuna refused to come) so that he could visit. Teaching dad of the magic world was just as fun as teaching the boys of the Muggle world. At the end of the week we had a huge Quidditch match between us kids and the adults, dad couldn't play so he just watched in awe. I really think I scared the shite out of him a few times. Oh well ( I know I could write forever about this past summer but I have to get to sleep, we have classes in the morning and I have to get use to Sev ignoring me again. ~Sigh~)

Good night,

Love Lily

******************************

Holy Shite! Thought Harry. So maybe Snape is that 3rd uncle my mum mentioned. It still doesn't answer why he hates me so much. I can't believe he and dad were cousins. Harry packed up his belongings once more and went to sleep early since he was once again moving back to Hogwarts.

******************************

~Meanwhile at Hogwarts~

Remus and Dannie sat outside and visited with Hagrid while Bria and Sirius ran around playing hide and seek. While the couple sat and got to know each other Sirius came running up "Has Bria been by here at all?" he asked.

"Don't tell me you lost her." Remus replied.

"Well we were playing hide and seek and I can’t find her any..." when a painful howl interrupted Sirius.

Dannie panicked and for the first time in years she transformed to go hunt down her daughter. Sirius joined the hunt as Padfoot while Hagrid and Remus followed behind on foot. Finally with what seemed like forever, Dannie and Remus finally found Bria out cold at the bottom of a ravine.

"Sirius, Go get Poppy!" Remus shouted as Dannie jumped down to her daughter's side to look her over.

"Her leg is broken and her head is bleeding." she called out.

Remus helped Dannie out of the ravine then pulled out his wand and levitated their daughter to the infirmary. Remus, Dannie, and Sirius quietly waited in the hallway.

"She will be alright; Madam Pomphrey is the best healer in the magical world. Sirius why don't you go onto bed, you have to get Harry in the morning." Remus told his friend.

Sirius agreed and hugged his friends to apologize and then left.

Remus sat there comforting Dannie as she cried into his shoulder. About a half-hour later Pomphrey came out. "I'm sorry it took so long. I was able to bandage her head right away but as for her leg, I had to wait for her to transform on her own before I could set the bone."

"But isn't there a potion that would make her change back?' Remus asked.

Severus walked up answering, "I have one that would work if she was just an animagus but, because she's a shape shifter and werewolf combination, we didn't want to risk any side effects."

"When can I see her?" Dannie asked.

"Well, she's resting now but if your quiet and don't disturb her I'm sure you can go in now."

As Remus and Dannie started walking into the infirmary, Pomphrey started to stop Remus when Severus quietly told her "Let them have their family time."

Pomphrey looked at him startled "You mean.?" Snape just nodded. "Oh boy, here we go again." She said as she collapsed into her chair. "I'm getting too old for this."

To be continued...
End Notes:
Please review
Harry's Return to Hogwarts by Demonic Angel

Everyone at the Burrow woke up bright and early to see Harry off.

"Now Harry, just remember what I told you. Let your mum's words answer your questions and don't jump to any conclusions." Mrs. Weasley said as she hugged the young man goodbye thinking I don't believe he's already grown 3 inches in the past few days. Good thing I owled the clerk in the robes shop to put Evergrow on his robes this year.

Harry then hugged Hermione and Ginny and then shook hands with Ron and the twins. "I'll see you all in about a week." With that he threw some Floo powder into the fireplace and shouted "Three Broomsticks!" as he walked into the green flames.

~Three Broomsticks~

"So how much do you think he has changed?" Sirius asked the Headmaster.

"I really don't know but I don't want you looking shocked when you see." Albus' words were interrupted by a thud in the fireplace so the two men looked to where the noise came from.

Sirius mumbled "Close your mouth Albus your catching flies." Dumbledore glared at him then smiled. "Hey Harry I see you actually landed on your feet this time." Sirius stated as he gave his Godson a bear hug and thought. There is no mistaking the boy's parentage at this point. Yes, he resembles his father quite a-bit at least he has Lily's eyes and nose.

"Where is Professor Lupin? Mrs. Weasley said he would be here too."

"Something came up last night it was important that he stay back at the castle." Dumbledore replied.

"He's not hurt is he?"

"No. Yes there was an accident last night but it was the new girl, Bria, who was injured." Sirius stated.

Harry jumped up, "What are we waiting for? Don't we need to get back?"

Harry ran out the door as Dumbledore looked at a smiling Sirius as he started to follow after the boy. Dumbledore put his head in his hands and though I really can't handle this again. before he followed Sirius out the door.

~Back at Hogwarts~

Remus was sitting on the couch with his arm around Dannie's shoulders as she leaned against him sleeping when Bria started stirring. Remus then whispered "Luv? She's waking up."

Dannie opened her eyes and then jumped when she realized what her pillow was. "I'm sorry. I didn't..."

Remus smiled, "It's alright. You looked far too comfortable to disturb." Then they just stared into each other's eyes for a few moments until the figure on the bed moved again.

The two of them stood up and walked to the opposite side of Bria's bed as she opened her eyes. "Mom?"

"Right here baby." Dannie replied as she brushed the hair from her daughter's face.

"Last night after I fell there was another wolf there...I haven't seen any others here before...was that? Did you...?"

"Yes baby I did. It was the fastest way I could think of to find you."

"Does that mean you'll finally go running with me?"

Dannie nodded. "Just as soon as you are better."

Bria then noticed Remus standing next to her mother. "You were there to help me last night and you spent the night in here. Why?"

Remus wasn't too comfortable to be the one to give the girl the news, especially since he had no idea how she would feel about it. "Well your mum and you needed help moving you and I wanted to make sure you would be alright. Afterall you are one of my students."

"I've never had a teacher stay with mom to make sure I was alright before just because I'm one of their students." Bria stated.

Dannie looked up at Remus and smiled before she took her daughter's hand, "You're right, that isn't the only reason he's here. It turns out that Professor Lupin happens to be your father."

Bria motioned for Remus to step closer then gave him a big hug and said "Finally."

Out in the hallway was Snape and a smiling headmaster. "Well Severus, looks like we got one family back together. How about we work on getting yours back to." Albus was startled by something when he turned around and saw Harry listening.

"Sorry to interrupt you sir, do you think I could see Miss Lightpaws?" Harry asked.

"Sure you can my boy. Go right on in."

"Good afternoon Professor" He said as he passed Snape.

"Welcome back Harry." Replied Severus who tried his best to show he saw no difference in the boy but, as he easily noticed the differences it became harder for him to breathe he excused himself before heading back to the dungeons.

Harry stepped in the door and then thought. Am I hearing things or did he just call me Harry? then he shook away the idea of a polite potions master.

Remus heard the door close and he turned to see who it was. "Harry? Why don't you come on in?"

"Sorry Professor Lupin, I didn't want to bother you."

"Remember its Uncle Remus when school's not in session. You are no bother, come on over."

Bria smiled when Harry approached the bed. "Hiya Harry. Decide to come back early?"

"Just a few days early. Needed some space since their house was too crowded." Harry replied.

"Crowded? How many people were there?"

"Well there were the six of us kids, then Bill and Percy were both visiting with their wives, and last of all Bill's twin daughters who just turned 2, not to mention Percy's wife is due any day now."

"Wow that is quite a lot of people in one home."

"So how much longer do you have to stay in here?

"I'm not sure; it will have to be before the moon changes on Wednesday."

"Moon change? Wouldn't that mean you are a werewolf?"

Bria nodded. "Yes, are you disappointed?"

"Defiantly not! I think it's cool in fact my uncle is one."

"I know he is." She smiled.

"I believe it's time for Miss Lightpaws to get some rest now." Pomphrey interrupted.

"Guess I will see you tomorrow." Harry said just before he kissed her on the cheek and left.

"Harry, can I talk to you?" Dumbledore asked.

"Yes sir."

"I am glad to see you've come back early. I didn't know that you know Miss Lightpaws. How did you meet?"

"Well last week when we were all in Diagon Alley we met at the Robes shop. She's different than anyone else but she seems so familiar."

Dumbledore grinned. "I have taken the opportunity to remove you from Divinations and enroll you in Animagus Training. I hope you don't mind." And he handed Harry a gift.

"No sir, I don't mind at all. What is this?"

"Just call it a belated birthday present. To sort of give you a head started but, you only are allowed to study it for 2 hours per day."

"Thank you sir."

"Where have you put your belongings?"

"Up in my dorm room."

"Ok well then I will have the house-elves move them. Due to school not being in session just yet we have arranged for you to have your own living quarters in the same area as the teacher's quarters are. They are located near the dungeons this way you will be close to your uncles. How about you go and get settled in before lunch."

"Yes sir."

"Oh and Harry, if you have any questions about anything at all, please feel free to ask. My door is always open."

Does he know? Harry thought then said, "Erm, thank you sir, I will remember that." He then ran off to find Sirius.

To be continued...
End Notes:
Please review
Remus' Version of the Past by Demonic Angel

"Severus, may I come in?"

"Yes Lupin, what do you want?"

"I would like to thank you for not giving the potion to Pomphrey last night."

"Don't mention it. She happens to be a very bright student who I think highly of. Even if she is your daughter. Unfortunately she has had a very hard and lonely life."

"Just like a certain young man we both know. Why are you so hard on the boy?"

"Hard? I have not been hard on him, if anything I have been easy on him, at least compared to how my parents were with me. Do you remember those days Lupin?"

"I don't ever remember meeting your parents, Severus. Mr. and Mrs. Potter always went and picked you up to take you to their home."

"But you did see the marks."

"And I still see the one left." Remus said while pointing at Snape's arm. "Before we let this go any further, are you going to allow it to be done to him when he turns 19?"

"Since he's my son don't you think I have the right to make that decision when the time comes?"

"Sev that is Lily's son we are talking about. You more than anyone know what Voldemort would do to him so for you to even consider it."

"You are right with what you think Voldemort would do to him if he knew he were my son and no matter how much it hurts me to see him every day. I would NEVER allow that to happen to…” Snape looked up, "Potter, You are getting quite good at sneaking up on people now."

"Am I now Professor?" Harry replied. "Uncle Remus, the headmaster said that either you or Uncle Sirius would show me where my quarters are."

"Give me just a moment please Harry. Sev, look hard at him and remember how quickly you changed too." And with that said he left and showed Harry his new quarters.

*****************************

Harry plopped down in a chair as soon as they entered. "So, what's up with you and Ms. Lightpaws? Has one of my forever single uncles finally found his soul-mate?" Harry teased.

"Well Harry, I might as well let you know. Turns out that Dannie and I knew each other back when your mother was pregnant with you."

"Oh really?"

"When I first saw them in Diagon Alley I didn't recognize her at first because we were together during the full moon and before I was able to see her human form, she disappeared and I never saw her again."

"Didn't you go looking for her?"

"Would you please let me finish? For the next three months I worked in the States and disappeared into the woods during the cycle in hopes to one day find her. As far as I knew back then she was another werewolf and would of course have no choice but to change and return to the forest that we meet in. Unfortunately she never did so then I convinced myself that the only other option was that a fur hunter had caught her in one of his traps. It wasn't until the other day that I learned that she was infact a shapeshifter. "

"So that means that Bria is your..."

Remus nodded then asked. "Are you okay with this?"

"Of course I am. I think it's cool. Especially since she is my age." Harry grinned.

"Just remember, I am not the father you want to upset. Even if you are one of my best friend's son."

"Yes I know. Don't worry."

"Why don't you go ahead and get some of your things unpacked. I have to go tutor Bria now."

"Sure thing. Oh, how's she doing? Think she'll be able to keep up with the fourth years?"

"In that I have no doubt. In fact she may even give them more of a challenge with grades. I will see you at dinner."

Harry waved as his uncle left the room then he started unpacking all his belongings. Finally he reached the bottom of the trunk and all that was left was his invisibility cloak, the Marauders Map, and Lily's diary. Harry thought Ok mum lets see what else you have to say.

10 February 1979

Dear Diary

GOOD NEWS! They have decided to have a first and second years dance this year. I can hardly believe it. Usually they are for third years and up but that's also for the winter ball. Luckily because they decided this at the last minute we don't have to worry about dress robes. In a way I think it's to help us get our minds off of what is going on outside school. As if things are not already bad enough at home. I'm not able to go home during Spring or Winter Holidays anymore because mum says Tuna and I fight too much. I don't understand I try to get along with her but all she does is start fights and then when I try to defend myself mum jumps my ass over it and I get blamed for the whole mess. At least it's only mum that blames me; I think dad sees through Tuna's lies because he usually comes in and tries to comfort me afterwards. This really sucks. I am beginning to think mum hates me as much as Tuna does and if they had their way I would never go home. As for this dance this weekend. No I am not going with anyone to it but, Jamie, Remie, Siri and I are going just as a group. I think that twerp, Peter, will also be with us. No things still have not changed; I still get the creeps when he's around. Well I have to go, got Quiditch practice before our game against Slytherin before the dance on Saturday. Love Lils.

'Oh cool. I didn't know that mum played Quiditch too? Harry though.

To be continued...
End Notes:
Please review
Flying by Demonic Angel

15 February 1979

Dear Diary,

That LITTLE SLYTHERIN SON OF A SNITCH!!! I don't believe he did that to me UUUGGGHHH! Ok now calm down Lils is what everyone keeps saying. CALM DOWN MY ASS I AM SO PISSED OFF HE NEEDS TO GO SOD HIMSELF OR SOMETHING!!! Here we were in the game, one minute I am racing against Sev trying to catch the snitch and the next thing I know I'm here in the infirmary with my head wrapped and my leg in a cast. I can't believe it!

According to Remie the back end of my broom got hit with a bludger and I slammed into a tower. Turns out that Malfoy is the one who hit it straight at me from only about 10 feet away. UUGGHH! I don't know what I'm more upset about. Missing the dance last night or not being able to play for the next few weeks. At least James will be the seeker while I'm out. He's pretty good at all team positions. Well I had better get going, looks like I have some visitors.

Lils

******************************

"Hey Harry. What are you reading?"

"Hi Sirius, just mum's diary again. Still trying to find some answers."

"Well how far have you gotten?"

"Just up to February of her second year."

"Oh shit, I remember that." he replied with a smirk "That was the time she made a nice splat into a tower and missed the dance. She was so pissed off we could hear her screaming from the infirmary all the way into the common room. Your dad missed the dance that night too so that he could stay beside her bed. That was a few years before they started dating though."

"Wow, he must have really liked her."

"I guess he did but, he refused to admit it for the longest time. Anyway, the reason I came by is because I hear your getting a head start on becoming an Animagi."

"I'm going to try to."

"Come with me, I'll get you started."

"Cool, thanks!"

******************************

15 April 1979

DD,

Well it's pretty quiet around here. Of course its spring holiday and almost all of the other kids have gone home to visit their families. I wish I could see my family but with mum and Tuna acting the way they are it would be nothing but fighting between mum and dad over the two of us. I don't understand why mum dislikes me so much. I never did anything to her or my sister...magic wise that is. I know when I have kids, as long as I am alive the will NEVER have to deal with living in such a hateful home. This I swear!

On another note. I ran into Sev in the library. Turns out his parents have gone on another trip with his dad's group. I hate to say it but, it seems like everytime they take a trip there is another attack from the 'Death- eaters' as the paper keeps calling them. I wonder if Sev sees it too. Today he told me that he has been having problems in Charms class again. Well I agreed that I would help him if he would help me with Potions. (At least this way I can spend some time with him here at school) Well I had better go now…I will write more later.

LL.

******************************

Harry laid in bed thinking. No I'm looking at this wrong. Mum got along with everyone. I am just too tired to think straight anyway. I had no idea Animagus training would be so draining. As he drifted off to sleep.

~Next Morning~

"Hey Bria, now that you've seen the grounds by foot, want to go flying with me?" Harry asked

"Flying? As in on a broom?"

"Sure. How else would you fly?"

"I'm not sure, besides, Professor Hooch hasn't come back yet so I haven't been able to learn how."

"Well, can you keep your balance on a bicycle?"

"Of course I can."

"Well there is room enough for two on the broom.'

"Well..." Bria hesitated. "Let me ask mom" With that she ran over to Dannie who after some major pleading from Bria along with giving her the 'puppy-eyes' finally gave in.

"Well?" he asked when she returned

"Come on, let's go before she changes her mind."

Harry and Bria quickly ran to Harry's quarters to grab his Firebolt. On their way out of the castle they rounded the corner and ran right into Snape and Lupin talking.

In unison they said "Sorry, we weren't paying attention."

"Harry, Bria, where are the two of you off to so quickly?" Severus asked as Lupin glared at him.

There he goes calling me Harry again though Harry. "I'm taking Bria for a flight around the grounds." As he replied he noticed that he was now only a few inches shorter than his Potions Master.

"Well, I don't know about this." Said Remus

"But dad, mom said I could" Bria whined as she thought I always wanted to say that giving him her best 'puppy-eyes'.

This time Severus was the one to glare at Remus as he replied "Since your mum says it's alright you can but, stay inside school boundaries." The children smiled as they started to run off. "Oh and Bria, one more thing. Don't think those 'puppy eyes' are what let you win. Just remember, I invented that trick and you just inherited it."

Bria walked slowly over to her father. "You may have invented it but I am the one who had perfected it." And with a sinister grin she hugged Remus and ran to catch up with Harry.

"You do realize she is right and you are going to have your hands full" Severus stated.

"I know but, I believe that we are both in for a handful when it comes to those two. Do you care to wager on which on of us is going to go bald first?"

"Sure but just remember. Your fur doesn't count."

The two men laughed as they continued walking down the hallway.

******************************

Harry climbed onto his broom then kicked off the ground and hovered a few feet when he then helped Bria on. "Well front or back?" Bria thought for a second then climbed on behind Harry. "Hang on tight." And with that he took off.

Harry and Bria flew all around the boundaries of the school; it was the most amazing site Bria had ever seen. Finally they decided to land down by a lake on the edge of the forest. Bria jumped off immediately and then sat down to catch her breath. "That was just so Kewl! I never thought anywhere could be so breath taking."

"I hoped you would like it" he said smiling.

The two of them just say on the waters edge when Bria finally asked "Was I mistaken when I heard you call my dad 'Uncle Remus'?"

"No, you heard right but..."

"So I guess that means we are cousins."

"Oh no. See Remus, Sirius, and my parents all went to school here and they were the very best of friends. He's not an official relative at all. They are just the closest I have to relatives other than my mum's sister and her family, the Dursleys." In saying that Harry noticed Bria let out a sigh of relief so he put his arm around her and there they stayed for what seemed like forever.

"Oh Shit!" Harry finally said. "We missed lunch and if we don't leave now we'll miss dinner." And he picked up the broom.

Bria looked around, "We're not that far, let's just walk back."

As the two walked back to the castle hand in hand a summer shower erupted so they started to run. As soon as they got back into the school Harry cast a drying charm on himself then smirked as he watched Bria transform to shake herself dry and then quickly change back again.

"That comes so easily for you. Doesn't' it hurt?"

"No, I guess because I've been doing it my whole life, it never bothered me. The only part that use to hurt was when I was first able to sense the fear in the other kids back home."

"You don't sense any fear from me do you?"

"No I don't" she said as she smiled

Harry put his arm around her saying "Come on now, your parents are probably worried about you by now."

"That sounds so strange. My parents worrying about me and not just my mom."

Harry looked to the side and dropped his arm "I guess you need to get use to is because the way your dad is glaring at us he isn't ever giving you up now."

"Both of you in my office Now!" Remus commanded.

The two kids bowed their heads and slowly walked to the angry man's office looking and feeling as if they were being taken away to a death sentence.

Albus, Dannie, and Sirius were watching from the doors to the Great Hall. "I think you two had better go make sure everything goes alright. Our poor friend there is stepping onto new grounds."

Dannie and Sirius agreed and then followed the three of them. The kids immediately sat down in the chairs while the witnesses quietly stood in the doorway.

To be continued...
End Notes:
Please Review
Uh-oh....Busted! by Demonic Angel

"Do you realize what you two put us through? That was suppose to be a short flight of the grounds. Instead you disappear ALL day long."

"Uncle Remus, It's..."

"Don't you dare come up with some lame excuse Harold J. Potter! You remember just last spring during the tournament? You yourself came back saying how Voldemort was alive again. and here you go and pull a stunt like this?"

"But Uncle..."

As Remus growled, Sirius cleared his throat to draw his friend's attention, which worked but only for a short time.

"As your punishment, the two of you will remain in your quarters for the next three days and we will have the house elves bring you your meals."

"Yes sir" Harry sulked.

"But what about the change tonight?" Bria asked

Severus then walked in carrying a potion bottle. "Excuse me Remus, there is only two hours left until it's time and you must take the potion."

"How could I forget? Sirius would you chaperone Bria while I change?"

Dannie spoke up "If Sirius doesn't mind I will keep an eye on her."

Turning his head away he said, "But I just may try to attack you after I turn."

Dannie put her hand on his cheek to move his head towards hers and then looked in his eyes. "Not if I decide to run tonight you won't." and in hearing that Bria ran up and hugged her mom.

"Welcome to my home luv. Looks like tonight is finally my turn to show you around my forest." He said with a smile.

Bria whispered to Sirius "Looks like I'll be the one chaperoning here."

"Need any help?"

"No, I think I can handle my parents just fine."

"That I don't doubt but, I would still feel better about everything if I was there. Just tonight."

Bria thought about the request for a second "Ok but just for tonight. After this time it's just us. Deal?"

"Deal" Sirius said as they shook hands. Then he pulled Snape aside. "I'm going to tag along and keep an eye on the kids. Would you keep an eye on Harry tonight?"

"Me, alone with him? Are you out of your mind?."

"Severus, he is no different than we were as kids. Just make sure you take the cloak away from him. Besides he may enjoy the time alone so he can catch up on some more reading. You never know he may even feel like talking about it."

Severus looked at the Lupin family and sighed. "Fine you owe me."

"In the end you'll consider the debt paid. You will feel it will be worth this chance to get to know him."

******************************

Later that night as the three wolves prepared for the night out, Harry pulled out the diary and plopped down in a chair by the fireplace when there was a knock at his door.

"Harry, can I come in?"

"Sure Sirius, what's up?"

"Well I'm on my way out tonight so Professor Snape is going to stay here with you."

"Stay here with me? What? Like a babysitter or something? I'm 15 years old and defiantly don't need to be looked after."

"The way you acted earlier today you do too need watching. You would not believe how many people were worried sick about you."

"But that slimy git Snape? Come on Sirius I know you hate him as much as I do."

"For a long time, yes I did hate him but, for the past few years I myself have had to grow up and forget childhood grievances. Besides I have learned that there were reasons for doing the things he did back then and I really can't blame him for those anymore."

"I HATE YOU!" Harry stomped into his room slamming the door.

Sirius' heart broke as he heard those words from Harry. "You'll feel different in the morning." And he left to catch up with his friends.

******************************

Harry threw himself on his bed thinking 'Why didn't I just stay at the Weasley's?' then he looked at the diary in his hand and started reading it again.

20 June 1979

DD,

They keep telling me they understand and how if I talk about it and them I will feel better. Thin is I don't want to talk to anyone. I just want to be left alone here in this room. Oh God...why did they have to go? If I hadn't been a witch then everything would be so perfect and we would be...or I would be part of a normal family instead of this.

I will never forget that afternoon or the screams and the lights. I don't understand why it happened or even what happened. James, Sev, Siri, Remie, Peter, and I were all sitting in the compartment on the train all having fun talking and making our plans for the summer. The train pulled into the station. We all got off and I met everyone's parents who were waiting along the tracks. In a way it felt good to be back and knowing daddy was just on the other side of the barrier. When we walked through there was screaming and it was like hell appeared. I...I saw dad and mum over someone's heads. I yelled 'DADDY' and he smiled waving at me. Then there was a green light and he was. He was...gone! James and Sev picked me up and carried me back through the barrier to the platform with all the other kids and parents while Mr. Potter and Mr. Black stayed behind to fight. I was told that it's because they are Aurors.

I don't quite remember what happened after that other than when it was all over Mr. Black, mum, and dad were... I still can't believe it.

The muggle news is passing it off as a major gang war when I know I saw wands pointed every which way. I tried going to the funeral a few days later but the Bitch Tuna stood there and yelled in-front of everyone that it was all my fault because I'm a freak. She's right...if...if it weren't for me then mum and dad would have never been at the station that day.

Right now I'm staying with the Potters because the Ministry says I will be safe here especially with Mr. P being an Auror but, Mr. Black was one too and he's also gone. At least Siri still has his mum around. I think Sev is the luckiest because once again his parents were out of town and he was on his way here with James. If only I could get rid of these nightmares. One moment dad is there waving and smiling and the next he is gone and all that's left is this dark greenish black shadow.

They are insisting that I at least sit with their family at all meals, even if I don't eat. I don't want to eat, I don't want to sleep, and I don't want to be around anyone but my dad and mum. This is not fair.

******************************

Harry put the diary down and took a deep breath. He then quietly put on his invisibility cloak and decided to go for some fresh air.

As Severus sat in the living room finishing up the lesson plans for the upcoming term he heard a door creek behind him. Quietly he pointed his wand at the front door to Harry's quarters and placed a locking charm on them. Harry didn't realize it was done and was shocked when he tried to leave.

"You might as well show yourself. You won't be able to get through those doors." Severus stated without looking up from his papers.

Harry took off his cloak and plopped down on the chair on the other side of the room. "I bet you are enjoying it keeping me as your prisoner."

"Matter of fact, I'm not. I had other plans for this evening, far more productive than babysitting a brat who thinks he can do anything he wants whenever he wants."

"I never thought I could do anything whenever I wanted. You grew up with everything like this while I grew up in a Muggle world literally locked in a cupboard under a staircase. Imagine if you were my age and all of a sudden when to live in a Muggle school and were not allowed to do any magic."

Severus sat and thought about it and remembered how Lily use to have the same kind of mischievously curious attitude. "You may have a point there. Did those relatives of your actually keep you locked up?"

"Yes. They only let me out when it was time to do my chores or when they took Dudley out to celebrate his birthday." the two of them sat there for the longest time when Harry finally said. "I have been reading my mum's diary lately and I was wondering...She mentions you in it a few times just telling how the two of you were friends along with the Sirius and Remus. If you all were friends back then what happened to cause you to hate me and my uncles so much?"

"First of all, how much have you read?"

"Well from what I can tell I just finished with the summer holidays after her/your second year."

Severus closed his eyes as he remembered. "Now I see why you felt you needed to get out. Come on lets go for a walk, I don't think your uncles would mind as long as you are escorted." Harry watched dumfoundedly as Severus counteracted the locking charm on the doors and glared at the boy until he too rose and walked out the door before him. "First I must explain to you. When I was growing up I learned early that my parents were prejudice against anybody that was not a pure blood witch or wizard. It wasn't until after my second year I never truly realized just how much their hatred controled them. That was about the same time that Voldemort first started forming his death eaters. My parents along with Draco's grandparents were some of the first to blindly join the cause. Unfortunately at that time when people joined they not only signed their lives away but also that of their children."

"Why would he want their children?"

"It was a way of punishment towards Voldemort's followers. If they did not follow every command they were given then Voldemort would put the Cruciatus Curse on the child. At that time this form of discipline was very effective since no parent could handle the idea of their own child being harmed for their own disobedience. As time went on and the children grew with the curse being placed on them, some more than others, Voldemort learned that those new followers were heartless towards everyone, especially their own children, all due to the effects of the curse's side effects. After Voldemort discovered this problem, he decided that it would be the parents’ choice on if their children were automatically signed up or not."

"Did you ever have to suffer for your parents mistakes?"

"About a week before my second year ended I was visited on the edge of the forest by my parents and Voldemort one evening. The curse was placed on me so severely that I almost died from it. If it were not for Lily and James finding me and getting me to the hospital wing as quickly as they did I probably would have. Now in order to get back into Voldemort's so called good graces it was my father whom led the attack on Kings Crossing Station that day you read about."

"Didn't they know that you would be on the Hogwarts Express that day?"

"I really do not know if they knew or even cared anymore. I was a big disappointment to my father mainly first because I wasn't accepted into Durmstrang then my friendship with your mother. It was before school started my third year that my parents were finally captured and brought up on charges that sentenced them to five years at Azkaban. I believe the time they were locked away was the best time of my own childhood mainly because the Dark Lord left me alone. But, when they were released just before seventh year started. By that time I already knew what I would be forced to undergo once my 19th birthday came around so I went to Dumbledore and together we worked out a plan that I would become a spy once I became a death-eater. Unfortunately I was unable to tell anyone of the plans."

"When was it that you stopped being friends with my uncles?"

"The only one I was really no longer friends with was Sirius. At that time it was mainly because he accused me for my parents’ actions at the train station that summer. It also really didn't help that I was friends with Malfoy. We were setting just as many pranks against them as they were with us. The only difference was we didn't get caught."

"Maybe before everyone gets back you could teach me how to be more sneaky?"

"Mr. Potter, what would Miss. Granger and Mr. Weasley say about that? And besides, how dare I the evil slimy git of a Potions Master help out a Gryffindor when I myself could have more fun deducting points from your house." He said as he smiled.

"You know, you are really not as bad as all the kids think you are. In a way I can almost see how my mum could have considered you a friend."

"I suppose I should thank you for the compliment. Your mother's friendship meant quite a lot of me when we were in school. I must warn you though, things will have to change back to normal when the train arrives."

"I know. I think it might be a bit hard on Bria though with seeing you that way all of a sudden."

"Yes it will, especially since she will be joining you in Gryffindor."

:"How do you know that? The hat hasn't sorted her yet."

"I'll tell you a secret. Ninety-nine percent of the time a child is placed in the same house that their father was in." In hearing that Harry remembered back to his own ceremony when the hat almost placed him in Slytherin, then he shook off them memory immediately. "Well Harry, I had better get you back to your quarters before that God-father of yours tries to feed me to the werewolves."

They then headed back towards the boy's quarters and Harry said. "Thank you for talking to me."

"No, no problem at all. If you ever feel you need to talk just let me know and you can serve detention again." Severus smirked.

They entered the living room and Severus sat on the couch to finish up his lesson plans while Harry went to his bedroom and pulled the diary out again.

******************************

15 December 1979

DD,

Well the holidays are here now. This year is my first Christmas without my family. This is so hard. I tried sending a gift to Petunia and her fiancé but they just returned it with a note saying that the next owl that arrives at their home would be killed. I never though I would ever feel this lonely. I have been invited to spend the holidays with the Potters. I am seriously thinking of it. They try so hard to make me feel at home there and I really want to but it really doesn't' feel right. From what I understand Petunia has signed over my guardianship to them. I am not sure how I feel about it, I really don't want to be in their way, afterall they also have Sev and Pattie living with them as well now. Turns out that their parents were involved in what happened at the train station last summer. I don't know how much they had to do with it but it must be serious because they were even sent to Azkaban. Well I had better get going now, everyone is waiting on me so we can catch the train.

LL.

To be continued...
End Notes:
Please review.
How Would you Like Your Casket? by Demonic Angel

"Bria, Bria. Come one the train will be at the station soon!"

"I'm on my way, hold your horses!"

"Well I don't want to be late."

Bria quietly walked up from behind Harry, "Well then what are you standing around for?"

The two kids ran out of the castle and headed to the Womping Willow to take the secret passage to town. "The last one there is the son of Snape." Bria shouted as the two kids took off running across the grounds. When she reached the tree Bria started looking frantically for a stick to catch the lever with when Harry walked to some nearby bushes, pulled out a branch he kept hidden and opened the door to the passage way. "Hey, that ain't right, you put that there."

"Sure did, looks like I won and by it also looks like your Snape's kid."

"At least I don't look like him." Bria spat back as she caught up with him.

******************************

~At the train station~

"Harry, is something wrong? You haven't' said a single word since we entered the passage."

"Just something you said got me thinking."

"What about?"

"How you know me to look. Have you noticed any changes in me since we first met?"

"Not many but, I was awfully busy noticing how different life is here. I do know you have grown a good six inches now at least and the sun has given you reddish highlights in your hair but, other than that you still look like the strange kid in the robes shop."

Harry pulled out his wallet with some photos in it. "This is what I looked like just last spring and these are photos of my parents. Now do you see what I mean?"

"Wow you looked almost identical to your dad but now I can see a lot more of your mom in you."

"You also said I looked like Snape."

"Well that's just the long hair and your height" she lied. "It's just as untamed as it in the photo though. Can I help you with that?" Harry nodded and Bria jumped up to braid his hair that was almost to the center of his back. "Besides they say your eyesight is inherited and surely your mom doesn’t need glasses."

Harry bit his lip. "All of a sudden neither do I. I replaced the lenses with plain glass a few days ago."

"Have you talked to anyone else about this?"

"I tried but all I continue to hear is how much I look like my father when he was my age and how I should read my mum's diary for answers without jumping to conclusions."

"Well what have you learned from her?"

"Not much that I didn't already know. Just how she was such great friends with my dad, Sirius, and Remus, and what a bitch my Aunt Petunia was back then, and last of all how my grandparents died."

"Anything else?"

"Yeah, she was friends and even had a crush on my dad's cousin, Professor Snape."

"There you go. The reason you resemble him is because he's your dad's cousin. That happens in a lot of families."

"Ok, here's something. The other day Snape and I were talking and he had mentioned to me that almost all of the time the Sorting Hat places the students in the same house that their father was in.."

"So that means I will be in Gryffindor with you then? Kewl!"

"Please let me finish. Yes, like Lily, James, Remus, and Sirius I am now in Gryffindor but, when I the hat was first placed on me it was going to place me into the Slytherin House until I begged it not to."

"Now wait a second. You said most of the time it will put you in the house your father was in. There is still a chance that the hat was wrong at first."

"But what if it wasn't and I was suppose to be put into Slytherin?"

"Well I don't know what else to tell you that everyone else hasn't. I know your getting frustrated and jumping to conclusions. Don't read the whole diary, just skim through it to see if you can find the answers and if that doesn’t work then just start asking your uncles the right questions. But when you start asking questions make sure you are ready for the answers no matter what they may be. Ok, all done" Bria said as she finished with his hair.

"Ok, I will. Thank you for listening."

"Anytime, what else are friends there for?" Bria said as she gave him a hug and kiss on the cheek but, Harry happened to turn his head and their lips met. At first it startled both of them but still continued the kiss and completely ignored the train as it arrived.

Ron and Hermione were some of the first ones off the train and they quietly snuck up on their friend. "I knew there had to be a good reason on why you would jump at the chance to come to school early." Ron said.

Harry and Bria were quickly startled and both turned bright pink from being caught. "Whatever you guys do, don't let my uncles know about what you just saw."

"Why not mate?" Ron stated "Sirius would sit there and congratulate you for it."

"Yeah he would but, I think Remus would try to tear my throat out.

"No he wouldn't He would just sit there and advise you that you may want to slow down a bit." Hermione replied.

"Um..that may be the case if I didn't happen to be his daughter." Shocked by what they heard, Hermione glared at the two this Ron's mouth fell open. Ginny and her new friend happened to overhear the conversation as they were walking up.

"Well, it was nice knowing you." Ginny said as she gave Harry a kiss on the cheek, "Would you like an open or closed casket at your services?"

"Better make it closed, sis. Remember his throat will be ripped out."

"Thanks a lot you two. Ginny who's your friend?" Bria said as she noticed to tall curly brown-hair, brown eyed girl with her.

"Oh sorry, this is Ann Marie. She's a transfer from the Salem school. She's going to be in Gryffindor with us and her brother is the tall jerk over there talking with Dra...Malfoy."

Hermione looked over and checked out the new boy. He was a little stocky, the same height as Ron, brown short spiked hair with blonde tips, wearing a t-shirt that the sleeves were torn off and faded jeans. "Um, what years are you and your brother in?" she asked.

"Jamie and I are both in our 5th year."

"So your twins huh? I bet you guys get along perfect together like my brothers." Ron said as he pointed to Fred and George who were handing out Canary Crèmes to the first year students."

"I don't think so. Please!" Ann Marie snapped, "We use to drive my mom nuts with our constant fighting and bickering. She said we were just like her and our uncle when they were our age, always at each other's throats. Besides you won't have to worry too much about us fighting here, they put Jamie in a different house than me."

Bria leaned over and whispered in Harry's ear "See twins and in two different houses. It happens."

"Hey Runt! Better get your tail in gear! Dad will kill me if I loose you on the first day of school!" Jamie shouted as he boarded the carriage with Draco, Crabbe, and Goyle.

"Good, means I'll finally be an only child!" Ann Marie spat back kissing the palm side of her hand and smacking it against her butt, then she looked at the group and said "See what I mean."

"Looks like they grabbed the last carriage, come on we'll take the passage back to school." Harry said and they all headed onto school.

To be continued...
End Notes:
Please review.
Sortings, Confrontations, and the Mysteries of Beltaine by Demonic Angel

When they finally reached Hogwarts everyone went onto the Gryffindor table leaving Bria behind with the first year students who were waiting to be sorted.

All the kids sat around talking about what they did over the summer while the younger class slowly walked in. Bria suddenly noticed the kid infront of her along with a few other kids turned into Canaries. The girl couldn't help but laugh drawing the attention of the rest of the school

"Hey, so far I think I may just like it here after-all." Ann Marie quietly told Ron. " At my old school we would be dead if we tried pullin' a stunt like that."

"Oh that's nothing, we usually have prank wars throughout the year. Especially with my brothers here."

"Ann Marie, where did your brother disappear to?" Hermione asked.

"I'm not sure. Hang on." And she quietly cast a seeking charm. "There he is." As she pointed to a large balloon that was hovering about 2 feet over someone sitting at the Slytherin table. All of a sudden the balloon burst and the boy was drenched with ice water.

"ANN MARIE!" was bellowed across the room. All the teachers looked at where the scream came from and noticed Jamie standing there bright red in anger ready to kill his sister. As Jamie started leaving the table, Severus walked over to stop the boy.

Dumbledore then stood up and everyone finally calmed down and went back to their seats. "Now that we are all calmed down I have a few announcements. Fir..."

Dumbledore was interrupted by Fred and George standing up and singing,

"Announcements, announcements, annooouuncements,

A terrible waste of time.

A terrible waste of time

A terrible terrible terrible terrible, Terrible waste of time"

"Thank you very much Mr. Weasley and Mr. Weasley. Now as I was saying. First of all I would like to welcome back Professor Lupin who has graciously agreed to fill the position and teach Charms. We also have two new professors this year. Professor Black will be teaching Defense Against Dark Arts and for the 5th through 7th year students we offer you the chance to learn Animagus Studies in which upon receiving your N.E.W.T.S in the course you will be registered as an Animagus. Last off all I would like to introduce Professor Lightpaws who comes to us from America to teach Herbology this year. Now for some reminders. The dark forest on the edge of the school grounds is forbidden and anyone who risks entering it will certainly risk an untimely death. The third floor corridor is once again off limits, and lastly, students are not allowed to use magic in the corridors of the castle. Now Professor McGonagall will start the Sorting."

"Thank you professor. First years, when I call you by name you will come up and take a seat and then the Sorting Hat will be placed upon your head and sort you into your respected houses where you will live until you graduate. Before I start with the first years we have one very bright fourth year student who comes to us after being privately tutored. Miss. Gabriella Lightpaws."

Bria walked up and sat onto the stool while the hat was placed on her head.

Well I'll be! You are quite different from the others. Here it is, just like your father in a lot of ways, loyal, extremely patient, and understanding but also you are friendly towards most, but can be feisty when you need to be, quite intelligent already but still a strong eager and will to learn more. I know the perfect place for you.'

"RAVENCLAW!"

This shocked Bria, Remus, Harry, and all their friends. They were certain that she would join them in Gryffindor. McGonagall removed the hat and Bria calmly walked over to the table of cheering students then as she sat down she glanced over at Harry thinking. It's gonna be hard enough to see him with us being in different grades, but different houses as well will be even worse. Oh well, nothing like a challenge.

"Ok now onto the first year students" McGonagall continued.

"Courtney Brown" "GRYFFINDOR" "Sandy Johnson" "HUFFLEPUFF" "Jeramy Wagner: "RAVENCLAW" "Linda Johnson" "HUFFLEPUFF"

And the sorting continued on. By the time they were done the first years were divided into the following: 14 went into Slytherin House, 16 went into Hufflepuff House, 7 went into Ravenclaw House and, 9 into Gryffindor House. It seemed as if the sorting itself went by quicker than usual but, that was because Ann Marie and the Weasley boys spent most of the time planning out different tricks they could play on her brother and his friends. Needless to say, Jamie and Draco were also making plans for revenge on his sister.

When the evening's events were over with, Bria joined her friends at the doors to the dinning hall.

"What happened up there?" Hermione asked. "I thought for sure that you would be in our house."

"I'm not sure. I wish I was since I don't know anyone in Ravenclaw."

Cho Chung walked up. "Ron, Hermione." The she looked at Bria. "I know you are new and all but let me give you some advise as a house-mate. Watch your back around some of these people you believe are your friends, they will literally stab you in the back the first chance they get." Then she glared at Harry.

"I'm sorry but it's pretty much my business on who I chose to be my friends. I don't know what your problem with them is and to be honest I really don't care because that's your problem."

"Let's put it this way. Everyone in our house except the first years know that he is a murdering son of a bitch who should be in Azkaban like his Godfather and the creature he considers an uncle of his."

Bria saw red as she slowly approached Cho. "Listen Bitch, from what I can tell is that if our house feels the same way as you then I would have rather been placed in Slytherin. The only one who I can possibly see as backstabbing anyone is your ugly ass. As for Cedric's death. Yes I am very aware of what happened last year. I heard all about it from Sirius whom I consider just as much my uncle as Harry here considers my father to be his uncle."

"Your father? So you are a monster just like him?"

"The only monster I see is you and for your information. No I'm not just like my father. He may only be able to change on the full moon but, as for me." Bria glared giving a wicked grin. "I am able to change anytime I want."

Cho turned almost ghostly white. "Just wait until everyone hears. You'll have no friends once they find out you are just another freak."

Ann Marie popped in "Way to go girl! I didn't know you had it in you. We'll just have to add her onto the list of victims."

"No thanks. I can handle her myself. Since she wants a war, that is exactly what she is in for."

"Don't get yourself into any trouble over her." Harry stated, "The last thing I want is to see you put on restriction again."

"I highly doubt my mom is going to punish me for defending myself."

"Well, that all depends on how far you decide to go this time." Dannie said as she walked up with Remus and Sirius.

"What do you mean this time?" Bria asked

"Do you really want me to go through the list?"

Remus glared at his daughter in surprise while Sirius stated as he cracked a grin, "I didn't think Remie's pup could cause much trouble. Please enlighten me."

Bria stared at the ground knowing what a handful she had been for her mother. "No ma'am. But they never could prove it was me."

"That is not the point. You and I know exactly what you did and how you did it. Besides, we've come here to start over and to put those problems behind us."

"But mom, did you hear what she said about Harry and dad?"

"You are not in trouble for what you said but, this time please watch out with what you have been known to do when and if the time comes."

"Ok I guess but, heads up. When the time comes it will be no worse and no less than what she deserves." And with that said Bria walked off towards the Ravenclaw entrance while her friends were close behind her.

"What was that all about?" Harry asked.

"Just mom's way of telling me that she's keeping an eye on me so I don't step outta line again."

"Ok, spill it girlfriend. Whacha' do back home?" Ann Marie questioned.

"Just some harmless pranks on the jerks back home but, mom was called into the principals office almost weekly with the accusations against me. Listen I really don't want to go into this please. It's late and we start classes in the morning."

"You guys head on back. I'll catch up." Harry said to their friends, then looked at Bria. "Are you going to be alright?"

"Yeah, of course I will. One question. Why is it that Sirius is always acting like I should be Little Miss Innocent?"

"I think he's a bit thrown off since I have always heard how your dad was the more logical one and didn't get into as much trouble as the rest of the Marauders."

"Guess I'm a bit of a disappointment to him then."

Harry put his arms around her waist as he pulled her towards him. "You may just throw him into shock a few times and maybe even give him some more gray hairs but, I don't think you could ever disappoint him."

Bria put her arms onto his shoulders, "I sure hope your right. I really must be turning in though."

Harry then leaned down and kissed her goodnight. "Just be careful and sweet dreams. I will see you breakfast."

"I will and you too. Night." Bria said then she turned and entered the common room.

"Well, Well, there is our newest little freak" Cho announced to the room full of students. "Finally decided to leave the side of her murderous boyfriend."

Bria looked over towards the girl and remembering her mother's warning just shook her head and headed onto her dorm as everyone stared at her. After looking for quite awhile she finally found her room and noticed there was only one other bed. Well at least I can have some peace and quiet. She thought as she lay down to sleep.

******************************

Harry went on up to his dorm room and found Ron, Neville, and Dean unpacking their trunks. "Do any of you know where Seamus is? I didn't see him down at the feast."

"You didn't hear?" Dean asked.

"Hear what?"

"He wrote me over the summer. His family was upset about what happened at the tournament so they moved. They are now living in America so he will be going to Salem."

"Hermione said she got a letter from Parvati telling her that they were moving to France so she's now going to Beauxbatons." Said Ron

"So Harry I saw you in the corridor with the new girl, Gabriella. What's the story?" asked Dean

"Nothing really. She moved here with her mum a few weeks ago and we've become good friends since then."

"Good friends my ass. Not with what Mione and I walked up on this morning."

"I forgot you saw that. Well, it's nothing serious so, who knows."

"Well, we're going to go check on the girls, you coming?" Ron asked.

"No thanks, I've got some stuff to do. See you later."

The three boys walked over to the girl's dorm. "Hello ladies." Said Ron "Can we come in?"

"Don't see why not, we were just finishing unpacking." Lavender said.

Ron walked over to Ann Marie's nightstand and picked up a book. "So what are you reading?"

Ann Marie quickly grabbed it from him. "Nothin', that's just an old family photo album."

Ron smirked "So any of those nudie baby pictures of you in there?"

"Ron!" Hermione yelled as she slapped his arm.

"Of coarse there are. I even have some of Jamie in it too." She said as she winked at Hermione.

"Erm, well that's nice."

"Nice? Come now Mione, I caught you checking out my brother."

"I think not!"

"Hey it's kewl if you like him. He usually acts like a jerk but he can be a sweet heart too."

Hermione quickly changed the subject. "Well, I'm done. You guys ready to invade the kitchens?"

"Invade the kitchen? Mione, that doesn't' sound like you"

"Ron, sshh." Ann Marie said as she motioned towards Dean and Lavender sitting on the window ledge. "Looks like they want to be alone."

"Yeah your right. Let's get going. Neville are you coming?" Ron asked.

No reply.

Hermione grabbed Neville's arm. "Quit gawking and let's go." And with that the four kids left the room but only went down to the common room.

*****************************

2 May 1981

DD,

Last night was so wonderful I couldn't believe that a ball could be so much fun. That's right, a ball. Well it was really a big feast to celebrate Baltaine and then the first to third years went back to stay in their houses while the rest of us changed into our outfits for the Masquerade.

We weren't suppose to know who each other was but I had no problems picking out James and Siri since they were the two clowns that were slam-dancing all over the dance floor. I can't believe Patty actually joined in with them. She actually climbed up onto the stage and dove into the crowd, luckily Siri caught her. Peter then tried doing the same thing but from the speaker but, everyone saw his fat butt coming at them and moved out of the way so he just splatted onto the ground. He is such a dork. Because of it they then stopped the band and started using an 8-track player that Dumbledore charmed so it would work while Peter was taken to the infirmary.

Anyway they started playing some Muggle music like Air Supply songs and everyone was slow dancing. James was dancing with a girl from Ravenclaw, Mindy, and Patty was dancing with Sirius, while I was sitting at the table. Finally the song "Every Woman in the World" came on and this guy came up and motioned for me to dance with him. Of coarse I accepted, I was tired of being a wallflower. After a few more songs Mindy and Patty told me that they were all headed to the Astronomy tower and invited us along. Well, I looked up at my dance partner and he nodded for us to join the rest of them. Once the six of us got up their Mindy and James ran off to one side of the tower while I have no idea where Patty and Sirius disappeared to. I was very nervous at first being up there alone with that guy when he all he did was escort me to the ledge, sat down, with this back against the wall, and then pulled me over to sit down infront of him. At first we just sat there under the full moon in complete silence while he pointed out all sorts of consolations. After awhile we noticed the kids leaving the ball. I started to get up but he put his arm around my stomach and pulled me so that my back leaned against him. Once again he pointed to the sky and when I looked up I saw the most spectacular meteor shower. For some reason just sitting there with his arms around me felt so right and so safe. I don't know how long we had been sitting there because I can't believe I fell asleep. UUUGGGHHH! How embarrassing! Anyway I heard something that woke me up so I turned around and when I tried to apologize he put his finger to my mouth, smiled, and shook his head. We then heard Mindy scream and James started cussing up a storm because they were caught by Filch. At that point he picked me up and jumped over the side. I think something slowed us down before we reached the ground because he was still able to land on his feet. He then put me down, grabbed my hand, and we ran all the way to the portrait of the fat lady. I then turned around to say thank you but he just lifted my hand and kissed the back of it saying "I will see you again very soon, My lady." And then he left. Funny thing is, I know that I know that voice. I really do. After that I came up here to my room so that I could talk to Patty, unfortunately she didn't get back yet so I tried waiting up for her but just fell asleep again. Turns out Patty finally got in just before daybreak. Luckily her and Siri didn't get caught either since Siri knows all sorts of secret passages. From what she did tell me is that James, Mindy, and Sev now have to serve detention with Gollum for the whole next week. Wait a second here. I KNEW that I knew that voice was familiar. Oops, I have to get going, lunchtime.

LL

To be continued...
End Notes:
Please Review
Loincloths and Prophecys by Demonic Angel

I don't believe it. Mum and Snape? For some reason it makes some sense but I don't know. The person she talks about doesn't seem at all like the Professor Snape that we know now. On the other hand he was more, more human over the summer. I want to ask Hermione about it but if I know her she'll go investigating and no matter what she finds out she will nag me to death with it. I could talk to Bria but she has a lot to deal with as it is. Why in the hell did that damn hat put her into Ravenclaw of all houses. She has to not only deal with Cho but also if I remember right then Cedric's sister, Chloe, is a fourth year. Ok ok, just one more entry tonight and then off to sleep. Besides looks like everyone is up to exploring anyway.

******************************

9 May 1981

UUUGGGHHH!!! They are so going to pay. Who am I talking about? Who else but those fools that go around calling themselves the Marauders. Those jerks, I cannot believe they did that to me but trust me. This is now war and I'll get even.

I woke up this morning completely covered in honey and powdered sugar. I looked like a friggin ghost. What was worse is that I had to go down to breakfast like that since I was running late. I don't know what is worse. The snide comments or the laughing. I actually had to scrub down 5 times to get all of the goo off and then underneath it all my hair was purple! Now my skin is all red and raw from washing so much it hurts. Oh trust me. Paybacks are a bitch and they are in for an all out battle.

On the lighter side. Every time I had potions class this past week there have been night lilies sitting at my desk. It was so sweet of Sev. I didn't have the heart to let him know I knew it was him. The one he left yesterday was asking me to meet him at our spot tonight so that he could return something. When I got there he was actually wearing the mask from last week. I tried removing it from his face but at first he refused. I didn't quite understand why he was hiding until I noticed that Malfoy was roaming around the courtyard looking for something. I was glad that Patty swiped the map from Siri that shows all the secret passageways that the boys use. Well we escaped to one and that was when I finally let Sev know I knew it was him. At first he seemed disappointed but then relieved. We really didn't have anything to talk about that we haven't said before aside from our feelings for each other. I actually found out that he has like me for as long as I have liked him. Other than that we just spent half the night sitting there in each other's arms. No we didn't do anything, I'm not ready for that yet. Unfortunately though it looks like because of who is parents and roommates are, these passageways will be the only places we can be together. At least we will be able to spend the summer together. Oh shit, I wonder how Mr. and Mrs. P. are going to feel about this. At least I know Patty is ok with it cause in a way it gives her ammo against him.

Well I had better get going, it's almost daybreak and I have to go wake up the boys. (HEHEHEHE)

Love Lily.

******************************

"Hey Harry, did you take care of what you needed to?" Ron asked as he, Neville and Dean walked in.

"Pretty much. How are the girls getting along?"

"They are getting along pretty good. At least Mione and Ann Marie are. As for Lavender, well her and Dean pretty much kept themselves occupied the whole time." Ron replied.

"How do you know? You two weren't even there."

"We were until we decided that we had seen enough. How long until you realized we weren't there?"

"Erm, about five minutes before you walked in." Dean said as he blushed.

"That's what I thought" Ron turned out the lanterns and the boys went to sleep.

~Next Morning~

"So roomie, I hear I missed all the excitement last night. So are the rumors true?" the girl asked.

"I don't know. What rumors are you talking about? The ones about who my father is or the ones about who I'm seeing?"

"Well my parents and I were pulled into Dumbledore's office last night because he wanted to ensure us that even though you are Professor Lupin's daughter, you don't become dangerous during the full moon. I'm talking about the ones saying that you are dating Harry."

"Well I can tell you that yes Harry and I are seeing one another. Why do you ask?"

"Well curiosity really. I can't say that I completely agree with how Cho says Harry was responsible for my brother's death. Of coarse I can't tell you that I disagree with her either. I really have no idea how or why he actually died but he's gone and I have to move on." Chloe stated. "I will warn you though, most of the people here think that what Cho says is gospel and follow her completely."

"And you don't?"

"I never did. I didn't get along with her while she was dating Cedric and I like her even less now."

"Why are you telling me all this?"

"Well because we are room-mates for the next 3 years and we might as well set the boundaries now."

"Well I appreciate that."

"Not only that but it could also piss off the high and almighty bitch if we got along and didn't try to kill one another."

"Well, this may not be as bad as I was afraid of afterall. So are you ready for breakfast?"

"Sure am." And the girls left the dorm for breakfast. As they entered the Great Hall Chloe asked. "Question for you. What are the teachers like outside the school year?"

"Will I really don't know how they act during the school year so I'm not sure if it's any different or not. I guess you could say they are like any normal person."

"Even Snape acts like a normal person? He's the toughest teacher we have. But be careful because he will take off points from us if we even look cross-eyed at one another."

"Oh so you mean to say Snape doesn't run around the forest in the mornings wearing only a loincloth hunting bunny rabbits yelling 'Oogie Woogie'?" Bria asked as they sat down at the table.

A second year, Chad that was sitting across from Bria happened to over hear the girls as he took a drink of his juice. Unfortunately he tried to keep from laughing when his juice shot out his nose towards the girls. "EEEW!!!" they screamed.

"Eeew? At least your not the one with a pumpkin seed stuck in your nose." Cried Chad.

Then Chloe realized what Bria had said as the image flashed in her mind. "Eeew! Girl that just. That is just flat out sick!"

Harry then walked up to the girls and sat down. "Morning. How did it go..." noticing Chad playing with his nose, "um, last night?"

Bria leaned over and kissed Harry good morning. "A bit rough last night but so far it's better this morning."

"Good I was worried." Harry said before they kissed again.

"Mr. Potter, Miss. Lightpaws, ten points from each for public display of affection." Snape stated as he was walking by.

"But.." Bria started as Harry put his hand over her mouth.

Snape immediately turned around and faced the children again but caught Chad sill messing with his nose. "Do you want to make it 20?" Chad realized he was there and put his hands down.

Harry replied "No thank you Professor."

Snape nodded and continued onto the head table and poor Chad tried taking a drink of his juice again. Just when Bria thought no one else could hear she quietly said to Chloe "Oogie Woogie" and once again Chad's juice was all over the place while the girls laughed hysterically.

"Hey it came out!" Chad cheered.

"Come on girls we have to get cleaned up." Harry said as he pulled something out of Bria's hair, "I believe this is yours?" and placed a pumpkinseed down on the table infront of the poor boy.

As Bria, Harry, and Chloe were leaving Ann Marie came walking in with rainbow colored hair while Draco and Jamie burst out laughing then Jamie yelled across the room "Nice hair sis!"

Ann Marie walked up to her brother. "Thank you Bro. You should remember mom never let me do this to my hair before. Thank you for taking care of it for me." She then kissed him on the cheek and joined her friends at their table.

Remus joined the rest of the teachers at the head table. "Looks like we really have our hands full this year. Makes you feel almost sorry for what we did to our teachers."

"Come on now we weren't that bad were we?" Sirius asked.

"At least we weren't pathetic with pranks like Jamie is but, Ann Marie acts like she could give even her mom a good run after what she did yesterday." Remus said. "Has anyone seen Bria or Harry this morning?"

Snape replied "I believe they went to go get cleaned up. For some reason Mr. Peters had some problems with his juice and his nose and they were the targets along with Miss. Diggory."

"What would cause Mr. Peters to have problems with juice and his nose I wonder." Remus stated.

"Oh I think it had something to do with something your daughter said about our good old friend here in front of him and Miss Diggory."

"What did she say?" the two men asked in unison.

"I don't quite remember it all but I did hear something about Severus, loincloth, and bunnies." Sirius replied with a straight face.

Remus immediately excused himself as he went into the corridor to laugh while poor Severus just buried his head in his hands. "How many people heard this?"

"Well if I know Bria, I'm sure Harry has heard about this by now but I believe noone else." Sirius then looked at the headmaster who was chuckling, "Well, sorry guess I had better take that back."

Severus then looked towards Dumbledore who held up his glass towards him. "Oh Merlin, Just kill me now!"

*******************

"Come on Bria, we're going to be late" Chloe shouted.

:"I'm coming" Bria yelled back as she ran out of their dorm throwing on a clean robe.

Harry had been waiting in the common room for Bria. "So what's your schedule like before lunch?"

"We have Defense Against the Dark Arts, Herbology, and then I have Care of Magical Creatures while Chloe has Muggle Studies."

"Good I'll walk with you two since Charms is right across the hall."

"Are you two coming or will we have to run to class today?" Chloe asked.

Harry took Bria's hand and the three of them left. Just a few minutes later they arrived at their classrooms and quickly let go of each other's hand when they noticed the professors talking in the corridor. Remus approached the three of them. "Oh no, what now?" Bria sighed

"Harry, Gabriella, " 'great he's using my full name what did I do now?' she thought. "Could you come by my office during lunch? I need to talk to the two of you."

"Yes professor." They said in unison.

"Good I'll see you at 11:40 then." As Remus turned away Harry and Bria had stolen a quick kiss before they went into their separate classrooms.

As Bria and Chloe entered her class she noticed Ginny sitting towards the front of the class so they went up and joined her at the table. "Hi Ginny, how's it going?"

"Ok I guess. So what happened last night after we left?"

"Um, nothing that much. Cho started her shit again but after mom's warning I decided to just go onto bed."

"I don't blame you there. We just hung out in the common room last night. Mione and Ann Marie thought that Dean and Lavender needed to be alone."

"Ok, I don't thing I've met them yet." Bria said "How rude of me, do you know Chloe?"

"No, I've seen her in classes though. Hi, I'm Ginny." She said as she waved her hand at the girl on the other side of her friend.

"Sssh, here comes the professor." Chloe stated.

Sirius walked into the room, pushed some books to the side of his desk and just sat on top of it with his feet dangling down. All the fourth years just stared at him waiting silently. "Wow this is so cool." He said. "First things first. I am not the drill sergeant type like some of my fellow professors are. I know you not only have a lot of friends whose parents sent them onto other schools due to last year's incident. If you have friends in this class that reside in the other houses then that is great. I don't expect you to stick with only your housemates. We are all here to learn together how to defend ourselves and our classmates from the dark arts. Finally I know you have never had a teacher last more than one year so I am curious on how you guys would handle yourselves in a duel. If you would all push the tables to the sides of the room we can set up and arena."

The students quickly moved the tables out of the way and sat back down waiting patiently for their turn while watching their classmates duel one another.

*******************

The three girls left their Herbology class that met in the greenhouse. "I wish I could have taken Care of Magical Creatures with you guys. I'd love to stay outside."

"Well we'll be sure to think of you while we're out here working on our tans." Bria said.

"What do you mean tan? All I wind up doing in burning." Ginny said. "We'll see you later Chloe."

"See you" Chloe replied as she headed back towards the castle.

As the girls reached Hagrid's hut a voice came up from behind. "Well if it isn't the runt of the Weasel litter."

"Bria, have you met our friendly little ferret. He is the outcome of what happens when the only female a wanna-be man can mate with is a rat."

"So you're the new Ravenclaw that has completely pissed off Cho. I have heard a lot about you."

"I'm sure not half as much as I've heard about you." Bria replied

Draco smiled at Ginny "Shall I feel honored that my reputation proceeds me?"

Harry, Hermione, Ron and Ann Marie walked up from behind Draco and Jamie "That depends purely on who warned her about you." Harry said as he placed his arm around Bria.

"Potter."

"Nice to see you too Malfoy."

Bria crossed her arms and glared at Harry. "And why didn't you tell me you would be in this class?"

"I wanted to see how you were with surprises."

"They are ok I suppose depending on what they are and they don't happen too often."

"So you forgive me?"

"Let me think about it for a bit."

"Hey Harry. How was your summer?"

"Hi Hagrid. It was the usual until I got here. I'm surprised I didn't see you this past week." Harry replied as he went to shake hands with his old friend.

"What's this? You think since yer 15 now your too old for a hug?" Hagrid said as he pulled Harry into a bear hug.

"HAGRID! YOU'RE SQUISHING ME!"

"So sorry. Hello Miss Bria, good to see you again."

"You too sir. How was your trip?"

"It was good. I was able to pickup what I needed for class this term. Besides how many times have I told you to call me Hagrid." Hagrid turned to Harry and continued. "Sirius brought her by a few times while he was showing her around the forest. Had some real nice visits with her parents too before the accident. I'm sorry I didnt get to stay to see you got better."

"That's alright, Harry showed up the next day."

"Well I'm glad to see you two have become friends. I hope your keeping him out of trouble with the professors."

"I'm trying but we do have to keep them on their toes a little."

"Just don't you be to hard on them."

"Excuse me. Are we going to spend our whole class time just listening to all of you just chit chat?" Jamie asked.

"You come visit me for tea later" Hagrid told Harry and his friends then started with the class. "Ok today we are going to learn about Knarls. Who can tell me what they are?" Hermione and Jamie show up their hands immediately

"Hermione?"

"It's a small rodent that looks exactly like a hedgehog but."

"Although some Muggles leave food out for hedgehogs, a knarl will see it as a trap and then destroy that person's garden" Jamie interrupted.

Hermione glared at him and then continued. "A lot of the destruction they cause is."

"Usually blamed on the children." Jamie finished as he smiled at Hermione.

"Now which one of ye can tell me where tey can be found?"

"America" "Northern Europe" Jamie replied at the same time.

"Ok, 10 points to each of your houses."

Hermione was once again angered by the boy's completion of her answers. This was something that Jamie kept doing all day. "Girl, I told you not to let that bother you." Ann Marie stated.

"I am not letting it bother me. I just can't believe that he never learned it is impolite to interrupt someone."

"And I can't believe that you can't tell when someone is just trying to get your attention."

"I highly doubt he would be interested in someone like me when he hangs out with Malfoy."

"My brother never does what he's expected to. Trust me I know when he's got a thing for someone. Besides, by looking at Malfoy, he seems to be more fascinated with Ginny than with what my brother does."

"No way! You cannot be serious."

"Just look" Ann Marie said as she pointed out that Draco had been starring at Ginny. "You know they would make a cute couple."

"Ron would kill Draco if he stepped one foot near Ginny. That is if Draco's dad didn't kill him first."

"Trust me. Parents don't always have to know what their kids do."

"As many howlers that I have seen come through here, they always have a way of finding out."

"We will see. Besides it's the challenge of them not finding out that makes it fun."

Hagrid continued on with the class and each student was assigned a Knarl to care for during the next few weeks but were to keep them at the class' facility.

When class was finally over the group was heading back to the castle when Bria asked "So what were you two talking about?"

"Oh Ann Marie thinks she knows which kids would make good couples" Hermione stated.

"Oh? And who would you fix up?" Ron asked.

"Thank I think will have to remain girl talk. I know how you guys would react if we said anything." Ann Marie replied.

"And trust me, you really don't want to know" Hermione added.

"Well we'll see you guys later. Bria and I have to go see Professor Lupin."

"Thanks for reminding me." Bria said And the group split and went their different ways.

*******************

Harry and Bria walked into Remus' office and noticed Sirius, Dannie, and Severus were all there waiting for them.

"Um, Professor Lupin, you wanted to see us?" Harry asked as he looked at the crowded room.

"Come on in and have a seat." Remus said and the two walked in feeling like they were stepping infront of a firing squad. "Unfortunately we have some bad news. Earlier we intercepted a letter written to Lucius Malfoy. We originally thought it was just Draco checking in but according to Professor Snape, Draco hasn't even tried to contact him."

"So what your saying is I pretty much have another year of no trips to Hogsmeade and tons of restrictions. Am I right?"

"At first we did consider that option but, we know the history of you and your friends when told you cannot do something." Severus said

"So what are my conditions this time and why did you insist that Bria join in on this meeting?"

"Well you are not the only one in danger this time. With this in mind we must ask that whenever you are away from the castle that you be in a group of no less than 3 others. Also on weekends and holidays you will be required to stay in the quarters that you were in over the summer. This way we are able to keep an eye on you easier." Sirius stated

"Why do I have a bad feeling that this is not everything?"

"Very perceptive. First I must ask. How much of your mums diary have you read so far?"

"Geesh! I guess I've finished her fifth year. Why do you keep pushing for me to read the damn diary everytime I ask a question?"

Severus walked over to the window then looked to Remus and Sirius "The Feast of Beltaine" he said.

"Remus, because of this we cannot wait much longer, he has to be told" Sirius stated and Remus nodded in agreement.

Harry and Bria looked at each other in confusion when Dannie walked over and knelt besides them. "Harry, would you join us for family dinner in Remus' quarters tomorrow night. They will be able to tell you everything at that time."

"You guys will finally answer all my questions?"

Remus sighed "Yes, but you must sit and listen. No matter how hard it gets."

"Fine then I will take you up on your invitation. Can we go eat now?"

"Yes you two go on. Oh and Harry, would you please bring the diary with you tomorrow?" Sirius asked.

"Yea sure. No problem." And the two left for the Great Hall.

Severus looked at his old classmates. "Are you sure we are ready to tell him now Remus? We all agreed a long time ago that we would abide Lily's wishes in letting her tell him."

"Yes Severus that was the original agreement but something has drastically changed."

"And what may I ask would that be?"

"Have a seat Sev, I have some bad news for you and Sirius." Severus sat down in a chair next to the window as Remus continued. "Unfortunately the twins will be receiving letters from the Ministry any moment now." Sirius buried his head into his hands. "Yes I'm sorry Siri, it's Patty. This morning there was a Death Eater attack and Sleepy Hollow was completely destroyed leaving no survivors."

"But they have nothing to do with the battles over here. That is why they all moved into that little commune," Sirius said.

"I know that but with Hallows Eve coming quick and the legend the town has with Muggles, Voldemort's followers believed it to be a prime target. Also that is not all of it." Remus unfolded a piece of parchment and handed it to Severus. "Dannie found this on the ground outside her class this morning." Severus read the letter.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Great Battle will start to begin

When evil once lives again.

Half of the one will now be gone,

The Tower wards to be redone.

While the remaining three

Train the new to keep them free

Two will learn what was meant to be

Two more will come across the sea

When darkness starts to tear the night

One thought once evil will become light

Most are children of the remaining few

The ones they love will be the new

But, before the fight can be won

The eight must come to be one.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lucius, It is starting now. They are all here.

Severus then looked at Remus. "Do we know who the eighth one is?" he asked as he handed the note to Sirius.

"Not yet but keep your eyes open. You are closer to the Death Eater's children than the rest of us."

"Did this come from one of the kids in your class?" Sirius asked

Dannie replied "That I'm not quite sure of. It may have blown across the grounds. There were too many children outside today to be able to tell who could have dropped it."

To be continued...
End Notes:
Please Review
Saddness and Surprises by Demonic Angel

As Harry and Bria entered the Great Hall they were practically knocked down by a tearful Ann Marie who was running out of the room as fast as she could. Harry looked up at the head table and noticed Dumbledore sending McGonagall after her and Hagrid was leaving out the side doors. He then looked towards the Slytherin table and there was Jamie just sitting there with his head in his hands reading something. "Something is wrong." He said as they continued onto the Gryffindor table. When they approached their friends Hermione dropped a letter and ran after her roommate.

"What's going on?" Harry asked.

"She got a letter from the Ministry today. There was an attack in Sleepy Hallow where her mum lives." Ron replied.

"Oh shit. Come on, we have to go find her and make sure she's okay."

"No, I'm sure she's going to want some time alone right now. Besides Mione went after her." Ron replied.

"What about her brother?" Bria asked.

"It looks like Snape is taking him back to the dungeons" Ginny said as she pointed across the room.

*******************

Ann Marie was running through the corridors blinded by her tears when she tripped over her own feet. As she sat up on the floor she looked around and noticed she had made a wrong turn somewhere. She didn't feel like moving so she just sat there and cried.

Sirius met up with Minerva outside the Great Hall. "Where is she?" he asked.

"I'm not sure. The fat lady said she hadn't been back to the dorms at all."

"Excuse me professors. Have you seen Ann Marie? Is she going to be alright?" Hermione asked as she came running up.

"It will take her some time" Minerva replied "But no we haven't seen her at all, we do need to find her though."

"I'll go get everyone" she said as she ran back into the dinning area.

"Have you at least seen Jamie?" Sirius asked

"Yes, Severus is with him right now." Dumbledore said as he walked up. "Minerva I need you to go help with some of the other students that transferred here too. Turns out there weren't any survivors left in this attack."

"Albus, does that mean..."

"I'm afraid so. I am going to go and cancel these afternoons' classes. There are too many affected by this attack."

"Do you think she knew?"

"That too I am afraid is true. She knew months ago that something would happen I believe that is why she wrote to me asking me to allow all the children to transfer here. This was the safest place she could think of for them. Sirius, you go and find her." Albus said and he re-entered the Great Hall.

The five friends came running out into the corridor. "Professor Black, any sign of her yet?" Ginny asked.

"No, not yet. Harry do you still have the map?" Sirius asked and the boy nodded. "Good, Ginny I need you to run up to Harry's dorm and inside his trunk should be Harry's map. Bring it back to me right here as quickly as possible. Harry and Bria, I need you to go check the areas to the right of us, Ron and Hermione you take the opposite end."

"Yes sir." They all said in unison.

About fifteen minutes later Ginny returned with the Marauders Map. "Professor Black, I found it but I don't know how to make it work."

"Let me see it." Sirius said as Ginny handed it over to him. "I solemnly swear that I am up to no good." With that the map gradually changed showing all the different names of every student in the halls.. "Blast. The prefects don't have everyone in the common rooms yet." After looking it over closely he finally noticed an empty corridor with only 3 names in it; Hermione, Ron, and Ann Marie. "Your brother has found her, let's go."

"Ann Marie, are you alright? Ron I'll stay here with her. Go head back and get Professor Black. HURRY!" Hermione said.

Ron took off as fast as he could, as soon as he went around the second corner he ran right into Sirius. "Prof...We...this way!" Ron panted.

The three of them reached the girls. "Ann Marie honey? Baby, you ok?" Sirius asked but didn't get a reply. He then picked her up and carried her back to the Gryffindor tower.

When they reached the portrait the fat lady was shocked. "Oh my, the poor dear. What has happened to her?"

"She lost her mum today, now open up."

"Password?"

"Damn it! Ron what's the password?" Sirius asked

"Oogie-woogie" Hermione said and the portrait moved to the side.

"Oogie what? Where did that come from?" Sirius asked.

"I was too afraid to ask" Ginny replied.

They all entered through the portal and then as Sirius told everyone to wait in the common room he took the girl upstairs to her dorm.. He then placed Ann Marie onto her bed and brushed her wavy hair from her face. "Baby, your going to be alright. I'm here." Sirius looked over at the dresser next to her bed and noticed a photo album, he picked it up and started looking through it and said. "You know you remind me so much of your mum when she was your age."

"How?" she asked beneath her tears.

Sirius looked at her and replied, "Mainly the way you are so good at tormenting your brother, but you also look just the way she did at your age." Sirius then sat on the edge of her bed and she shifted to lean against him. At first this startled Sirius but then he put his arm around her and together they looked through the pages. "You know one of the happiest times I can remember was the night you and your brother were born. The two of you were fighting from the very beginning with flinging your food at each other."

"I guess we were a handful for mom" Ann Marie said smiling.

"And from the letters that she sent to Remus to hold onto for me along with your school records I see you two haven't changed."

"Oh, um...She told you everything huh?"

"Of coarse she did, did you expect any less?"

"Well I was hoping that he would lose them. I promise I'll try not to act up anymore."

"Don't you dare change, you wouldn't be a Black if you did. Besides I know your mum taught you her tricks. I just need to help Jamie with his pranks so that it will be a fair fight." Sirius continued "Speaking of your brother, I need to go check on him for a while would you like to come with?"

"No, I'm just gonna stay here."

"Don't forget, family dinner tomorrow night over in Remus' quarters. Why don't you bring Hermione and Ginny along with." Sirius continued, "Oh and would you bring your album with?"

"Ok dad, I'll see you later."

On his way out of the tower Sirius was bombarded by three very impatient teens. "Girls, you can go on up if you wish. Ron would you go find Harry and Bria and let them know that Ann Marie is back here."

"Professor Black, will she be ok?" Ron asked.

"It will take some time but she'll be just fine."

*******************

Ann Marie was still sitting on her bed with teary eyes while looking at her album when Hermione stood in the doorway "Are you up for some company?"

"Sure, come on in."

The girls entered the dorm room when Hermione glanced at the page that the photo album was turned to. "Which one is your mum?"

"That was mom. Dad took the photo just after they graduated. That's Aunt Lily and Uncle Sev. I believe mom was either 2 or 3 months pregnant with Jamie and I at this time."

Hermione and Ginny looked at each other then they looked closer at the photo. "Do you mean Lily Potter and Severus as in Professor Snape? I didn't know you were related to them." Hermione said.

"Harry didn't tell you? My mom's maiden name is Snape; he was her twin brother. As for Lily, she was considered an aunt because she was mom's best friend here and also Harry's Grandma P was my grandfather's sister. Does it make sense?"

"Yes it makes sense but I don't even think Harry even knows all this. He has been reading his mum's diary trying to get to know her but he hasn't talked to us about it." Hermione said. She then nudged Ginny and pointed to the photo as a young Severus placed his arms around Lily's waist and resting his chin on her shoulder.

"I don't believe his fat..." Ann Marie stopped and closed the book when she noticed the shocked look her friends were showing. "Maybe Harry should be the one to tell you about his parents when he is ready to."

"If you know anything about Harry's parents before they died he would probably like to talk to you." Ginny said.

Ann Marie thought Before his parents died? He must think James was his dad then said. "You guys have to swear you won't say anything about what I know and what you saw in the photo."

"I swear" Ginny said

"But Ann, he needs to know. He thinks the Dursley's are his only family and they hate him."

"Mione Please Swear!"

"He has a right to know he has more family."

"He will very soon but Swear to me you will not be the ones to tell anybody!"

"Fine! I Swear! But I am not happy with hiding this."

"Thank you. Um, there will be a family dinner at Remus' tomorrow night and I was told that I could invite you two."

"Sure count me in," Hermione said while still pouting

"I'll be there too. Can I bring my brother?"

"Which one?"

"Ron of coarse, silly."

"I don't see why not, that is if he wants to go he's welcome."

"Oh I have a feeling he will." Ginny smirked.

*******************

~Slytherin House~

"Jamie can I come in?" Sirius asked.

"Severus looked at the boy and walked over to his friend. "He's taking this quite hard. He hasn't said a single word since he found out. How is Ann Marie taking it?"

"Thank you Sev. She is doing better now, the girls are with her." Sirius walked into the room and continued. "Jamie, we found your sister."

* Silence *

"Hey buddy, are you feeling any better?"

* Silence *

"Listen I know exactly what you are going through. I lost my dad when I was younger that you. If I'm not mistaken then I know you are quite angry right now and all you want to do is hit something. Am I right?"

"Yeah"

"Come with me, I have something to show you." Sirius said as the two of them left the dungeons and went in and out of the different corridors. Finally they stopped and Sirius looked around before he whispered something at a suit of armor in which then moved out of the way revealing a portal. "Come on." The two of them continued through the portal and Jamie was surprised at the other end when he saw a Muggle style weight room.

"It looks like it hasn't been used in years."

"About 16 years in fact. Hardly anybody knows it exists."

"Did mom ever come in here?

"Yes, sometimes her and Lily would do aerobics over on those mats. So what do you think? Would you like to use it?"

"Can I bring my friends in here?"

"As long as you let your sister and her friends in here as well. But they must be with you and you cannot give out the password."

"That's cool."

"We've got to get going onto dinner. Oh don't forget about dinner tomorrow night."

"Is Uncle Sev gonna be there?"

"Yes, why?"

"Cause I really don't know the others. I may want someone to talk to."

"No problem. You do know you can talk to me if you want."

"I know"

"How about this weekend I help you with some pranks so that you can get even with Ann Marie?"

"But Uncle Sev has been working with me."

"I could tell and they haven't changed since he used the same terrible ones on your mum when we were in school. Besides, what would people think if the King of Pranks if the Prince didn't follow in his footsteps?"

"And what about the Princess?"

"She has already proved herself, you need to outdo her" Sirius smirked.

"This could be fun. Think I'll take you up on the offer."

*******************

Later that evening during a very calm and unusually quiet dinner Dumbledore stood before the school and stated "As you all know there was a tremendous tragedy this morning that although it took place over seas, it has affected many of our students and faculty. This evening after dinner we will be holding a remberance service for their family members. Also in respect for those who lost loved ones, classes will not resume until tomorrow after lunch. Thank you"

Ron looked at the head table, "Harry, have you noticed some of the professors acting funny?"

"Yes. From what I understand a lot of the people murdered attended school here. They were most likely old classmates of some of them."

"I didn't think of that."

"That's just too easy so I'm not saying anything." Hermione said.

After dinner the majority of the students went back to their houses leaving about 30 students and teachers behind who then proceeded onto the auditorium. Jamie sat down next to his sister leaving empty seats on either side of them and their friends sat right behind the duo. Ann Marie turned around and said "Thank you guys for staying with us for this."

"No problem at all. Jamie, how are you doing?" Hermione asked.

"How the hell do you think I'm doing?"

Ann Marie looked at her brother, "You know you really don't need to act like a total ass. Keep it up and you will look like one as well and I really don't give a shit where we are."

"Listen bitch, I will act any way I want as long as I am asked stupid questions."

"Ok you two. I have had it. Out of respect for your mum I am calling a cease-fire for the next 48 hours. That means no pranks, no name calling, and no fighting. Do you hear me?" Sirius stated.

"Yes sir" the twins replied. Sirius had Ann Marie move to the empty seat next to her and he sat in-between the two. Just before the ceremony started Severus walked in and took the empty seat next to Jamie.

After a few minutes Albus approached the podium and the room fell silent. "Thank you all for coming tonight. I am very sorry that all of you had to start your new school year on such a sad note. I must say that I was very pleased when your parents wrote requesting that all of you be transferred here. I remember each one of your parents when they too were students here and how they ran around the corridors between classes. When we welcome our first year students they are informed that the houses they are sorted into become their family, I would like you all to consider the whole school as your family. I hope that each of you will feel comfortable turning to each other as well as your professors during this time. As I mention your parent's names along with yours I would like you each to come up and light a Candle of Remembrance to aid in guiding your parent's spirits.

Mr. Duane Anderson and Cathy Waters survived by their daughter Taylor Anderson.

Mr. Matthew Cutler and Chris Warding survived by their son Ninos Cutler and daughters Jessica and Amber Cutler.

Mr. Darren Cursey and Allison Woodsman survived by their son Mike Cursey.

Mr. Gary Dasson and Nancy McGonagall survived by their son William Dasson and Nancy's mother Minerva McGonagall.

Mr. Kyle Johnson and Kelly Peters survived by their daughter Lita Johnson.

Mr. Greg Mirasl and Christina Famp survived by their son Corey Mirasl and daughters Catie and Colleen Mirasl.

Mr. Albert Mueller and Amanda Summit survived by their son Kevin Mueller and daughter Kimberly Mueller. Mr. Michael Head and Judy Browder survived by their sons Benjamin, and Richard Head.

Mr. Martin Peters and Victoria Brown survived by their son Chad Peters.

Ms. Patricia Marie Snape survived by her brother Severus Snape, husband Sirius Black, son Jamie Black, and daughter Ann Marie Black.

Mr. Michael Waters and Jennifer Coldwell survived by their son Stanley Waters and daughter Chantel Waters.

After all the names were called there was a few minutes of silence while everyone finished lighting the candles. While the adults stood around and talked the children all sauntered back to their different houses. Harry, Hermione, Jamie, and Ginny walked on ahead of the other two.

"Um, Hermione?"

"Yes?"

"I.I'm sorry for acting like I did earlier. I was...I was just getting a little tired of everyone asking me if I'm alright." Jamie stammered.

"That's alright. I should have realized that you would have been hearing that all day. I just didn't know what else to say at the time. I am sorry about your mum."

"Thanks." Jamie replied with a half smile. "I...I guess I had better get back to the dungeons now. I'll see you in class tomorrow."

"Sure thing."

Just then Ron and Ann Marie finally caught up with their friends. "He wasn't being an ass again was he?"

"No, he was apologizing for snapping at me in there."

"Looks like baby bro really does have it bad for you. I've never known him to apologize to anyone."

"Why didn't you tell us you were Sirius' daughter?" Harry asked.

"Well since nobody ever asked what my last name was I guess I assumed maybe you knew already."

"So you already knew who I was?" Harry asked.

"Of coarse silly. Mom had all sorts of family photos all over the house. Especially from back when we were little kids back before you were taken away."

"You don't happen to have any of the photos here with you? Could I see them sometime?"

"Sure you can but, warning we were all quite little."

"Oh, baby photos? There aren't any of those nudie photos in there of you are there?" Ron smirked

"Well I will defiantly not show you the ones of me but, if you wish I am sure to have some of Jamie and even Harry." Ann Marie said while winking at Hermione.

"I don't think I want to see those, thank you." Hermione stated.

"And you won't if I find them first." Harry said as he ran towards the Gryffindor tower.

"Harry if you dare touch my things I will cover your hands with so many puss filled warts Bria wont ever let you touch her again." Ann Marie shouted as she chased after him. The rest of the group shrugged and ran after the two of them.

*******************

Later that night a group of Death Eaters gathered in a small clearing. "Come forward" Voldemort hissed.

"Yes my lord" Severus replied

"Isss it true of the prophecy sstarting?"

"Prophecy? I am unaware of any prophecy taking place my lord."

"Did you ssister not ssend her offspring here?"

"That she did"

"And what of the resst of them?"

"I am unsure of what you are referring to my lord."

"Liar! Crucio!"

* Back at Hogwarts, Harry was startled awake *

"I have received word that they have all arrived to fulfill the prophecy, including the young beast."

"I do not recall a beast in any prophecy, my lord."

"It does not mention that there is a beast but did she not just learn that she is a child of the remaining few?"

"That is correct my lord."

"CRUCIO!"

Harry ran down to the common room when he just about collided into Ann Marie. "He has unc..."

"I know. Let's go see Dumbledore" and the two of them ran out of their house into the corridors.

"Severus, you will inform me when you have found the others."

"As you wish my lord"

"CRUCIO! Now be gone and remember I must know immediately."

*******************

"Ann Marie, stop. Filch is coming."

The two slipped into a doorway when they heard a commotion. "I knew sooner or later I would find you sneaking out."

"I wasn't sneaking out! I need to see my sister."

"That's Jamie!" Ann Marie loudly whispered

"Hush, Filch is going to take him to see Dumbledore, we'll follow but can't get caught. Here put this over you." Harry handed her part of his invisibility cloak and they draped it over themselves.

"Damn it! Get your hand off my neck, that hurts!"

"Then stop pulling away. You're going to see the headmaster."

"Fine just don't hold my neck so tight."

Filch loosened his grip of the back of the boy's neck slightly when Jamie broke free and started to run towards Harry and Ann Marie. Unfortunately Filch caught a hold of the boy's arm and held on tight.

"I'm going to curse that SOB so badly."Ann whispered

"Ann Marie will you hush? Do you want to get caught too?" The kids followed quietly while they watched Jamie struggle all the way to Dumbledore's office.

"Melted Gummy Worms" Filch said and the gargoyle moved to the side. The four of them headed up the stairs when the door opened and Dumbledore said "Good evening Mr. Filch and Mr. Black."

"He was out running the corridors. Put up quite a fight, just like his father."

"Thank you Filch, I will take it from here."

Filch turned around and left in a huff, he so wanted to see someone get tortured. Dumbledore then looked next to Jamie and said "Good evening Mr. Potter and Ms. Black. Are you going to remove that cloak?"

"Professor, Uncle Sev is with the.."

"I know. Harry how much of the meeting did you see and hear?"

"Voldemort was talking about some prophecy that I think involves Bria, Ann Marie, Jamie and some other kids. Sir what is this prophecy he's talking about?"

"I'm not quite sure but I do believe that it has something that your uncles what to talk to you about tomorrow night." Dumbledore turned towards the twins and continued, "I do believe your uncle should be returning soon. He will need some help. Why don't you go get your father so he can assist him."

"What about Filch?" Jamie asked as he rubbed the back of his neck.

"Don't you worry. I will talk to him." Dumbledore replied.

The twins turned and left the office. "Professor, can you tell me how they knew he was in trouble? Are they somehow linked with Voldemort too?"

"No, you are the only one connected to Voldemort. As you know, the curse he placed on you allows you to see what happens at the meetings but although they can only feel the curse placed on Professor Snape you can see as well as feel it because you are also related to him."

"But if they are his niece and nephew shouldn't their link be stronger than someone who is a child of a cousin?"

"You bring up a good point but alas I am not quite sure I should be the one to answer that. Why don't you go assist your cousins."

"Yes sir, thank you."

"Your welcome Harry, good night."

Harry went down towards the Gryffindor tower when he saw four figures outside. Snape turned and started yelling at the twins and started fighting with Sirius when he tried to help. Harry didn't see what happened after that because he noticed Ann Marie running by heading towards their house. Harry chased after her and finally caught up to her in the common room. "Ann, what's wrong?"

"Everything! Him! He is such an asshole."

"Looks like you finally met the slimy git that the rest of us all know and hate so much."

"You mean he's always like that?"

"As long as I have known him he has been but, then when reading mum's diary and how she described him he must have been a normal person at one time."

"Wait here for a bit will you? I have to go get something."

Harry nodded and waited on the couch for his cousin to return. "What's that?" he asked.

"It's some photos of our parents when they went to school here. You said you read your mom's words on how different Uncle Sev was and I thought you might like to actually see what your mom saw." Ann Marie said as she thought At least I took out the ones that were after school ended.

Harry sat there for quite a while and looked through the photos of six good friends that seemed to always have fun together. There were photos of the dance where Peter lay on the floor after diving from the speaker, James and some girl half dressed being escorted by Filch, Sirius and James pulling some sort of prank on Lily and another girl, and various photos of all of them at his grandparents (the Potter's) house during the holidays. Finally Harry came upon the same graduation photo that Hermione and Ginny had briefly seen earlier. Harry just sat and stared at it for a long time. In the photo Patty was pointing to and rubbing her stomach but, Harry was busy watching Snape standing behind his mom as he wrapped his arms around her waist and rest his chin on her shoulder. Harry then looked a little closer noticing Snape slipping something onto his mother's hand; she then looked at it smiling and finally kissed him. Harry then felt all the blood drain from his face as he continued to stare at the photo. As soon as Ann Marie turned her back he quickly removed it from the album, placed it into the pocket in his robes, then placing the book onto the table he headed for the stairs up to the boy's dorms.

"Harry? What's wrong?"

"Nothing, just need to check on something"

Ann Marie shrugged it off at first when she noticed that he had left his cloak behind. She quickly glanced through the album when she noticed that the graduation photo was missing. Hoping she had left it in her room she quickly ran up to double check which photos she pulled out. She searched all over but couldn't find it. I've got to tell dad. They're going to kill me She then slipped on the invisibility cloak and ran to explain it to her father.

*******************

Harry ran into his room, jumped onto his bed, and drew the curtains around to keep from being disturbed. He just sat there staring at the photo again as the scene he saw before replayed itself over and over. Finally he put it down and once again picked up his mother's diary.

15 June 1984

Dear Diary,

I know I haven't written in quite awhile. Things have been going so good lately. I can't believe it; we are finally out of school. In a way I am thrilled to start our new life but I will miss all the fun we had causing trouble.

Right after graduation the other day, guess what happened. Sev proposed! I couldn't believe it, I was so surprised. Of coarse I accepted how could I not. He's been my best friend for so long and I just can't see not having him around. We've already chosen the location, the robes, date, just about everything. When and where else would you expect us to be married but the Astronomy Tower on the Night of Beltaine. I know it's quite soon to make all the plans but we want everything to be perfect.

Yesterday was Patty and Siri's wedding which was beautiful. I still say they should have held it in the Potions lab back at school since they both spent so much time in detention there but instead they had it right along the seaside. What shocked everyone was that it was completely prank free although she did stump him. Well kind of. Everyone already knows that she's a few months pregnant but poor Siri didn't expect for her to announce last night infront of everybody that they would be having twins. It was soon great to see the almighty Sirius Black who has an answer to everything just sit there at a loss for words. As soon as they get back from their honeymoon they will be staying with James at his parent's old home while theirs is being built right next door to it. I really feel sorry for everyone in their neighborhood.

Well I had better go get breakfast started looks like Sev is finally waking up.

Until later, Lily

*******************

Harry then closed the book and looked around his room. Once he made sure everyone was asleep, took the book and photo in hand and left without making a sound.

To be continued...
End Notes:
Please Review
When a Prankster Can't Prank by Demonic Angel

"Lucius, I believe that our friend is most likely hiding something from us."

"That is very likely, my lord"

"I want you to contact your son and have him keep an eye on the professor."

"As you wish my lord"

"If he fails then you know what will happen."

"Yes I do my lord." Lucius left the room filled with Death Eaters.

"You, come forward."

A dark figure slowly approaches Voldemort, kneels, and bows their head.

"I want you to have your contact keep an eye on your Malfoy as well."

The Death Eater nods in agreement and bows their head.

*****************************

"Get away from me Black! I do not wish for nor do I need any assistance from you."

"Damn it Snape, this is the hardest you have been hit in ages. You must go see Poppy immediately."

"Remember Black, I was raised receiving the Cruciatus Curse."

"That may be so but you were also much younger then. From what I can see you are barely able to walk."

"If you would get the hell out of my way I would not be having any problems."

"Daddy, daddy, I'm sorry daddy. It was...I didn't mean for him to see it, I'm sorry." Ann Marie shouted as she approached the two men in the corridor. Snape just glared at her as she continued while removing the cloak. "I'm sorry I didn't mean for..."

"Calm down and tell me what happened." Sirius said.

"After Uncle Severus pissed me off by jumping my ass for just trying to help, Harry found me in the common room and he tried to calm me down. He was telling me how Uncle Sev has always acted that cruel and how he couldn't see him the way Aunt Lily described him in her diary. Well I .."

"What did you do child!"

"Well I though I got out all of the photos that would tell him that you were his dad but.." She paused

"BUT WHAT!"

"So help me Snape, if you yell at her once more then you will be in the hospital until Solstice."

Ann Marie took a step back and continued "But I only wanted him to see him the way we knew him to be so I showed him the photos of when you were all in school together. I'm sorry, I can't find it anymore. I looked everywhere but it's gone. It's not in the album anymore."

"Ann honey, what isn't in the album?" Sirius asked.

"The one from right after your graduation that you took. You know, the one where Uncle Sev gave Aunt Lily the engagement ring. I am sorry. I forgot about that one. All I remembered was that mom was showing off her belly."

"You said it was missing? How did Harry act?"

"He just put the album down and went up to his room. I know I wasn't suppose to say anything but I couldn't let him believe he is always so mean could I?"

"Calm down it will be alright."

"Alright my arse! It wasn't suppose to happen like this." Severus said.

"Like we were suppose to be the ones to tell him like we were planning on tomorrow night? Maybe it's supposed to happen this way. In a way it's better for him to see what Lily was talking about and how she could have fallen for you." Sirius turned to Ann, "Hon, maybe it's just misplaced in your room and he didn't see it at all."

"No I searched my whole room. I know it was in the book."

Sirius sighed. "Ok Severus. You get to the infirmary now. I'm going to take her to her house and then talk to Harry."

They went their separate ways. Finally Sirius and Ann entered the common room. "You get up to bed. You've had a long day and classes start up again tomorrow."

"Yes sir." She said. "Oh dad? I am sorry."

"I know.' He said as he headed up the stairs to the boy's dorm. "Harry?"

silence

"Harry?" he whispered again as he pulled back the curtains and noticed the bed was empty. "Ron wake up."

:"Go away"

"No, now wake up. Where is Harry?"

"Isn't he in his bed sleeping?"

"No, his bed is empty."

"Then maybe he's in the common room."

"I just came from there but, I will check again. Go on back to sleep." Sirius went back down to the common room and looked around. As he suspected Harry wasn't in there. He then leaned against the wall with his hand in his pocket he realized he still had the Marauders Map.

Remus then entered the room. "I ran into Severus outside the infirmary, he told me what happened. Have you been able to talk to him yet?"

"No he's not here, I was just looking for him on the map. Here he is up in the Astronomy Tower."

"Do you know what you're going to say?"

"No. He may not even want to talk about it."

"Well we better go get him before Filch does."

*****************************

1 May 1985

Dear Diary,

Well the day is here and I am sitting alone in silence here where our union was supposed to take place and all I can do is cry. The gang has been so wonderful through all this and all even though I know that I have been an emotional wreck the past few months. Patty tried to explain to me why he left us and I think I understand but Merlin, it still hurts.

Last weekend he actually showed up for James' birthday party but he was so cold towards me I couldn't stay in the same room as him. I am so glad that Remie wasn't there only because we don't know how he would have reacted with it being that close to the full moon. Professor Dumbl..er Albus says that Sev's attitude towards all of us except Patty, James, and the twins is due to the curse that is inside the Dark Mark. He also explained how James and Remie placed an experimental protection charm on him but nobody knows how long until it will take to become effective or even if it worked. I do hope that it will work pretty soon, the person that I see now is definitely not the person I want our baby to know as a father.

On a lighter side, the twins are growing so much. Poor Patty really has her hands full. They are almost five months now and scooting all over the place. Little Ann is really something, constantly throwing things at little Jamie and he is constantly hitting her with whatever he's got in his hands, usually his bottle. Meal times at their home are even more fun with the flying food. Patty and Siri even tried separating the two on other sides of the table but, they still wound up wearing more of each others food than they ate of their own. I am so glad that I am only having one baby because I have a bad feeling of how these three are going to be when they start here at Hogwarts.

Because of some difficulties I had in the beginning of last month, Poppy wants me to stay here so she can keep an eye on me. At least I'm not just stuck alone in the house all the time besides, with Voldemort's followers getting stronger Patty and the kids have also been staying here a lot. James is now teaching DADA and he has been asked to instruct a refresher course during the summer. I like that idea because with Siri getting ready to go out on assignment again I will be able to keep Patty company. Hopefully her brother will stay in the dungeons or do whatever it is he does so that I don't have to run into him that much.

Well I need to get going, it's time to help Professor Binns with his class. Lily

P.S. Down to only 2½ months left (YEAH)

*****************************

"Harry, are you up here?" Remus asked. The room was dead silent when they noticed someone sitting on a ledge. "Harry?"

"Yea?"

"What are you doing up here?"

"Thinking." He looked over at his uncles then threw the book with the photo in it at the ground in front of their feet. "Is it true? Is he really my..." he cut himself off.

Sirius picked up the book and looked at the pages that the photo was slipped between then he showed them to Remus. "Yes it's true." He sighed.

"Why didn't anyone tell me?"

"Because of a promise we made along time ago to your mum." Remus said.

"She made us promise that if anything happened to her and you were unable to stay with Patty and I then we would make sure that you learned the truth from her own words in her diary."

Without anyone's knowledge, Severus had left the infirmary and headed onto the Astronomy Tower. As he slowly proceeded up the stairs he heard the three voices so he just stopped and listened.

"Does he know that, um, I'm his son?"

"Yes he knows and he's been wanting to tell you for quite awhile now but, because of the danger it would put you in he couldn't." Remus replied.

"Hell, I couldn't be in any more danger than I am usually in."

"Do you remember what I told you about what was required of the Death Eaters regarding their children?" Severus said as he stepped from the shadows of the stairwell. Remus and Sirius turned to look at where the voice came from. Harry immediately recognized the voice and flung his feet over the other-side of the ledge and jumped down.

"HARRY!" Sirius and Remus yelled as they raced to the ledge. By the time they had reached it the boy was back on his feet and running towards the Gryffindor house.

"Damn it Snape, why are you here and not with Poppy?"

"You know, I really don't have to waste my time explaining my actions to you Black."

"Now you two, this is no time to start fighting again. We knew he would most likely take this news very hard. What we have to do now is try to figure out how to fix things."

"And how do you suppose we do that?" Sirius asked.

"Give him some time and space, just like we did when Lily lost her parents."

"But aren't you afraid he's going to run. Remember he has the cloak and map." Severus stated.

"No he doesn't, I do. He really has no way to go sneaking off."

"At least so you hope. Just think of how determined you become when you feel caged." Severus said as he snatched the book from Sirius' hand and left for the dungeons.

*****************************

~ Next Morning ~

"Mione look, Harry's sleeping on the couch again." Ginny said.

"Do you blame him? The way your brother and Neville snore I'm surprised he was able to even sleep down here."

"Who snores?" asked Ron as he was coming down the stairs. "By the way, were you the ones in our dorm last night looking for Harry?"

"No, it may have been Ann, she wasn't in our room until early this morning." Hermione said

"You mean Ann is the one who..."

"I'm the one who what?" she asked as she entered the room.

"Woke me up looking for Harry."

"Sorry to disappoint you but no it wasn't me. If may have been my dad though." She said looking at the couch and pulling out her wand. "Looks like he found him. I call dibs on waking him!"

"Ann you know your father banned you from pranks last night." Hermione reminded her.

"Shit! Thanks for reminding me, I still have 36 hrs 5 minutes and," checking her watch " 16 seconds left."

"Oh, Let me do it then!" Ginny squealed as she pulled out her wand.

"Can you get much louder than that? Your gonna wake him up then I won't even have the fun of watching."

"Sorry" Ginny whispered. She then quietly tip-toed over to the back of the couch Harry was sleeping on and as she leaned over and said "Strea..."

"STREAMO AQUANOUS!" Harry shouted pointing his wand at the girl.

"HARRY! NO FAIR!" a soaking wet Ginny shouted as their friends all roared with laughter.

"And it's fair for you to try the same thing on someone who is sleeping?"

"Well it was their.." She pointed at the rest of the group "idea to prank you."

"I know but it was you who begged to do the honors." Harry smirked.

"Ok, but just you wait, I will get even." Ginny said as she cast a drying charm on herself.

"And I will be expecting it." Harry said. "I'm going to go get cleaned up, you guys go on ahead I'll meet you there."

They all agreed and headed onto breakfast.

About a 15 minutes later Harry finally arrived at the Great Hall. Before he joined his friends he stopped by the Ravenclaw table. "Good morning."

"Morning Harry" said Chloe

"Hey there you are. Ann told me what happened this morning with Ginny in the common room. The guys keep you awake all night again?" Bria asked.

"No, nothing like that. I did find some stuff out last night that I want to tell you about before the dinner tonight. Meet me down by the lake after breakfast?"

"Sure I suppose, does it have anything to do with..."

"Yes."

"Ok then I'll be there." She said smiling as Harry walked away.

"What was that about?" asked Chloe.

"Just a project of some sorts he's been working on" she said. "Listen, I've got to run to the room before I meet him, I'll see you at lunch, ok?"

"Um, sure. See ya"

Harry walked up to their table while Hermione and Ginny were hiding all the napkins from Ann Marie. When Harry looked at her he noticed next to her plate was a good size pile of very small pieces of paper. "Are you alright?"

"No. Just look at him all smug over there knowing there is nothing I can do to him right now."

"Would you get your brother and meet Bria and I out by the lake after breakfast?"

"Sure thing" she said still staring at her brother while tearing up a napkin that she found right next to Harry's plate.

Harry followed his cousin's glare and noticed Jamie and Draco smirking. Suddenly Harry noticed out of the corner of his eye that Ann was growing furry ears. "You aren't an Animagus like your dad are you?"

"No why do you ask?"

"Maybe because of your ears and new tail." Harry said.

"JAMIE LEE BLACK!" she bellowed across the room. Sirius looked at her then glared at Jamie who in return held his hands up to show that he wasn't the one with the wand. The other students were now starting to snicker at Ann, which infuriated her even more. She then caught the "Don't you dare" glare that her father was giving her so she sat back down, leaned over the table to say. "You guys got to help me out here. Jamie and Draco are playing dirty and he ain't gettin' away with it. Hermione, quick do something to him. Give him scales, gills, green fungus on his feet so bad it's coming out of his socks, something."

"Ann, I am not going to do something like that to your brother so that I can just wind up in detention for you."

"Geesh Mione, your no fun at all. Ginny, come on you gotta make up for this mornin', you do it please."

"I'll do it." Ron stated.

"No, this is for Ginny to do. You would wind up cursing both of them just for the fun of it. Besides she needs this. Come on girl, say you'll do it."

"Ginny, you'll wind up getting caught." Hermione said.

Ginny just looked back and forth between Hermione who was shaking her head and her brothers who were in agreement with Ann. "Come on Ginny you know you wanna" they said.

Ginny quietly stood up to look at Jamie and whispered "Nostrailus Canalus Fungairo" then quickly sat back down.

All of a sudden the professors heard a huge commotion coming from the Slytherin table and they noticed a green fungus coming from Jamie's nose and ears. They then looked over at the Gryffindor table they saw Ann giving Ginny a high-five. Dumbledore stood up and announced "Black, Black, Malfoy, and Weasley, would you please step into the corridor now." When all four Weasley children stood up he then announced "Ms. Weasley only." The whole dinning room went silent as the children marched out of the room and Remus, Sirius, Severus, and McGonagall followed.

Remus looked at Jamie and Ann Marie and said "Now if I remember correctly you two were told yesterday that you were not to pull any pranks on each other for 48 hours. Is that correct?"

"Yes sir" they said in unison.

"Now am I mistaken or the time frame expired?"

"No sir, we still have 35 hours 15 minutes and." Ann Marie started.

"Thank you Ms. Black you do not have to be so precise." Remus stated "And I do not believe that when you were told that it meant for you to have your friends pull the pranks for you did it?"

"No sir." They all said.

"Fine then, First of all the two of you will remain like that until the curses run their course, secondly I am deducting 15 points each, and last of all. You will serve detention tonight in the Potions lab with Professor Snape. I'm sure he'll have no problems with finding work for you. Next time your detention will be with Mr. Filch."

"Yes sir, Professor Lupin." They all said.

Harry then walked past the group glaring at the three men and proceeded to meet Bria who was waiting for him at the end of the hall. Remus looked at Sirius and motioned for him to follow the two then said. "You four can go rejoin your friends now."

Draco and Ginny headed back towards their different houses while the twins headed out towards the lake.

"Ann, where are we going?"

"Harry wants us to meet him and Bria by the lake."

"Why? And what was with that glare he gave to dad and Uncle Sev?"

"I think he figured out the truth last night.

"And you wouldn't have happened to have anything to do with that would you?"

"Sort of, he saw one of the photos he wasn't suppose to see."

"Ann! What were you thinking of?"

"You know what. I already got my ass reamed by Uncle Sev and Dad enough the past 2 days, I will not put up with you trying to do it too little brother."

"Hey you two. Didn't I tell you not to go off without at least 2 other people?"

"Yes dad you did. We're meeting Bria and Harry down by the lake." Jamie stated.

"Alight then. Do me a favor, no more pranks during meal times. This is really starting to get quite disgusting."

"But dad, we didn't do it." Ann whined

"You may not have actually done this to each other but, I know Ginny would not have done this if you didn't talk her into it. "

"You never know with those brothers of hers, they were just as pushy. Not to mention, she was trying to impress a short blonde."

"You mean she likes Draco? Wait until he hears."

"Jamie don't you dare say a word to him. Gins will kill me."

"Then learn to keep your mouth shut and there wouldn't be any reason to worry." Jamie said as Ann slapped him in the back of the head.

"Don't you two ever...nevermind, I'll see you in class later." Sirius said.

"Yes sir Professor Black." They said sarcastically as they proceeded out the door.

"Hey you two, about time you showed up. Harry was just telling me about last night."

"We had to ditch dad first. Listen Harry, I'm sorry about the photo thing last night." Ann said

"It's not your fault. Someone should have told me sooner. Besides I guess it helped a little."

"So everything's kewl between you and Uncle Sev?" Jamie asked.

"No, far from it. I haven't even talked to him yet. But hey at least now Dudley isn't my only cousin. I do have one question for you. If my mum never married James and he isn't my dad, then why is my last name Potter?"

"That's easy. After your aunt signed over your mom's guardianship the Potter's adopted her during her 5th year. From what we'd been told, she had already spent a lot of the holidays with them even before her parents were killed so it was like she was already one of their children." Ann replied

"Ok, that I can understand. I just have one more question for you."

"Anything else you're going to have to ask them tonight at dinner." Jamie said.

"No, this one you can answer."

"Ok, shoot." He said

"Are you going to be cleared up before dinner tonight or is that stuff going to keep growing?"

"Hopefully if the curses don't clear up before the end of detention we'll be able to visit the mediwich. I don't think Professor Lupin will want him eating in the same room as the rest of us."

"Well just in case it isn't or you can't see Poppy then your welcome to sit at the Ravenclaw table. That way I get use to seeing it during meals and also it can completely disgust Cho." Bria said.

"Still having problems with her?" Ann asked.

"Nothing that a good daily ass kicking wouldn't cure."

"Well if you ever decide you would like some help just say the word, I would love to knock that all praise me attitude right out of her." Ann said

"You girls can really be scary at times you do know this don't you?" Harry asked.

"That's what happens when you grow up having to defend yourself half your life." Bria stated.

"So what's your schedule like this afternoon?" Harry asked.

"Well I will tell you that you probably don't want to walk me to my class after lunch."

"If it's what I think it is then definitely not but you could walk me to mine and use it as an excuse for being late."

"I don't think that would be too safe. I'm not too popular with my house as it is and to lose even more points from them will probably cause my execution. Besides remember, I have both parents here to lecture me for messing up. When is your free hour?"

"Eighth period, why?"

"Though you could teach me how to fly so I don't look like a fool in a class with first years."

"Sure. I'll meet you at the Quidditch pitch."

"The what?"

"The arena over there with the hoops."

"Ok, it's a date" she said smiling.

"You guys ready to go back in? Everyone is probably wondering where we disappeared to." Ann said.

"Yeah, might as well. Last thing we want is our folks coming after us."

*****************************

Up from his office window Dumbledore and McGonagall looked down upon the kids. "Minerva, look at that. Sort of reminds you of old times doesn't it?"

"Unfortunately yes and that is just half of them. Is it just me or are they more trouble than their parents were?"

"Trust me, it's just you. At least for now that is, they are still just getting to know each other."

"That is just exactly what I was afraid of."

*****************************

Lunch went by smoothly without any instances other than Jamie and Draco wound up sitting on the far back end of the table while all their house- mates sat at the other end not being able to look at him. Meanwhile at the Gryffindor table Ann Marie was being teased about her tail but all she could do was issue out threats for when she was able to go back to pulling pranks.

Most of the afternoon classes for the students consisted of tests and then reviewing lectures. With so many new transfer students, the professors wanted to get an idea of what the children's previous school had taught them and the new professors wanted an idea of what the returning students had learned already.

Bria found the most amusing part of the afternoon to be during Potions of all classes when Snape caught Peeves rearranging his storage closets. While Snape was yelling at the poltergeist Bria and Chloe looked at each other and said "Oogie-woogie" then started giggling. Snape immediately snapped at them and removed 10 points from each for insubordination. Once again the rest of the Ravenclaws looked at Bria in hatred

Class was finally dismissed and the students were rushing to get out of there as quickly as possible when Snape said "Ms. Lightpaws, I would like a word with you."

"We will wait for you in the hall." Chloe said, and Bria nodded.

When all the students left and closed the door to keep the other students from hearing he motioned for her to approach his desk. "I don't suppose you would like to tell me what you and Ms. Diggory were giggling about?"

"No sir not really."

"That is fine, you know I will find out sooner or later." He smirked. "I have no doubt that Har...Potter has informed you of what happened yesterday evening.." Bria nodded, "It seems that he left these behind in the Astronomy Tower, would you be so kind and return them to him?"

"I am sorry Professor but, I will not be seeing Harry until after classes are over today." She lied. "Maybe it would be better if you gave them to him this evening."

"Maybe you are correct. Thank you for staying behind. Now hurry onto class, I do not need your father coming after me for making you late to his class."

"Thank you Professor Snape."

"Bria, what was that about?" Chloe asked.

"He wanted to know what we were giggling about."

"You didn't tell him did you?"

"You think I'm stupid or something? There is no way I would tell Professor Snape about that. I would have at least 1000 points taken away from the house then I would really be hated."

"We both would." She said as they went onto their next class.

Finally it was their free hour and Bria met Harry, Ginny, Ron, and Ann Marie down by the Quidditch Pitch for her first flying lesson. She was still unsure about flying so Harry was more than happy to have her ride with him. All they really did was fly around playing tag and hide-n-seek (mainly Harry and Bria were trying to hide from everyone else). It wasn't really much of a lesson as it was for her to get use to flying. Before they knew it class was already over and while Harry, Ron, and Ann went onto suffer through Potions (some longer then others) Ginny and Bria went onto Transfigurations.

At the end of class Harry was relieved, he had actually made it through Snape's class without having any points taken away. As they were leaving class Snape quickly reminded Ann Marie, Jamie and Draco that they were to remain after class for detention. When Ginny finally arrived she and Draco were assigned to reorganize the storage closets that Peeves had messed up earlier while Jamie (still with the fungus problem) had to look up counter curses for the curse that was cast on each of them then write a 1 page essay on it.

To be continued...
End Notes:
Please Review.
Truths and Trials by Demonic Angel

~ Somewhere in Corridors ~

"Bria, do you know who's all going to be at your dad's tonight?"

"No, he didn't tell me. I suppose just going to be our families including Ann, Jamie, and um...your father."

"Great, more happy go lucky stories about the old days here."

"Hey, I happen to like some of those stories."

"Don't get me wrong, I like them too but, to hear the same stories over and over gets boring. Not to mention I really don't feel like having to deal with Snape just yet."

Bria stopped in her tracks. "Just remember they were originally going to tell you everything tonight so if you have any questions still just ask but also sit there and listen to the answers. Remember I'll be right there next to you if you wish."

"I know but I'm not sure I'm ready for this."

"I'm not asking you to forgive him or anything, just to understand." She said as she got on her toes to give him a quick kiss.

"Come on we're going to be late" Harry took her hand and they knocked on Remus' door.

Dannie opened the door, "Come on in. The guys are in the kitchen."

"This I've got to see" Harry said as he went inside. As he sat down the kitchen he noticed Remus preparing a stuffed turkey while Sirius and Severus were standing around talking. "Well just when I thought I had seen it all."

"Hey don't mock him. You can blame your mum and aunt for this. I remember when Patty and I stayed with her and James, they made us learn how to cook so we did our share of the work all because she refused to let James have house elves." Sirius said

"Besides Harry, how do you think I survived on my own all those years. I had to learn sometime." Remus stated.

"Honestly, he's really not that bad either," Dannie said as she walked into the room. "He just needs to either learn to clean up after himself or quit making such a big mess."

"Luv, what do you think Bria's here for?"

"I don't think so!" Bria said as she sat down on Harry's lap "I'm a guest here tonight." Remus glared at the two who then looked at each other. "Oops, sorry." And she moved to an empty chair.

"Don't worry Moony, Sev and I will clean up."

"Speak for yourself Black, I'm with the kids tonight, I'm also a guest."

"Fine. Be that way."

"I intended on it." Severus said as he and the kids then headed into the family room. Remus then finished dinner while Dannie got some drinks for everyone.

"Sirius, are the twins coming still?" Remus asked.

"Yes they are. I hope you don't mind but I told Ann Marie that she could bring the girls with her."

"No, I don't mind at all. Besides I wouldn't doubt it if Ron tagged along too. By the way, how are they taking the news?"

"Completely different from one another. Ann sat and wanted to talk while looking at the album, now she's taken to shredding napkins, and then Jamie was very angry and wanted to start hitting things."

"I hope you took care of that before he wound up like you did."

"Don't worry, I did. He now has the password to the old weight room."

"What did you do?" Dannie asked Sirius.

"After our 2nd year my dad was killed in an attack at Kings Crossing. Well over the next few weeks I think I busted my hand and arm somewhere around 10 times by beating up the trees in our yard."

"I remember that." Remus laughed "Siri's mum was a medi-witch and kept repairing it. After the eighth time she stopped using charms to heal him so she put a muggle cast on him. Then as soon as it was hardened he went out and busted the cast but also the few remaining bones that hadn't been broken before. You never did tell us how she kept you from going after that tree again."

"She used charms to weigh my arms down and then only lifted them at meal times. I even tried body slamming that damn tree but just dislocated my shoulder. By the time all the bones were healed James, Remus, Severus, and Albus had put up the weight room for me to use."

"And after all that you are teaching, now this is a scary thought. I'm going to go save the kids from Severus. Here you go." Dannie said as she tossed Sirius a dishtowel.

"Sirius, I know the kids are coping but are you alright? I know you went and visited with her while you were away."

"Hey, of coarse I'm alright. I have you guys and the kids to get me through this. Besides you don't see any broken bones do you."

"No but I do see that you have broken off all the branches from the sapling in that pot next to you."

"Oops, sorry about that. Just a minor set back."

"Don't worry about it."

All of a sudden there was a commotion in the family room. They guys finished setting the table and greeted the new arrivals. "Hello kids, glad you made it. Just in time for dinner." Remus said.

"Good I'm starving." Ron announced.

As Harry and Bria passed their friends on the way back into the kitchen Harry whispered. "Warning, Remus did the cooking tonight."

"Harry!" Bria shouted.

"Geesh, I'm just teasing him."

"Hello Professor Lupin, thank you for inviting us."

Please, it's Remus outside the class Hermione. There are no professors here tonight, alright?"

"Strange but yes I suppose it's alright."

Finally everyone was piled around the dinner table and passed the food from one direction to another. As dinner went on with a little to much silence between everyone finally Sirius said, "So Bria, I've been meaning to ask you all day. What happened to make poor Chad spray you not once but twice with his juice yesterday morning?"

Harry started snickering but Bria elbowed him and asked, "Ok, before I answer were you telling the truth about there not being any professors here tonight?"

"Of coarse. School formalities end once inside the teacher's wing. Why do you think students usually aren't allowed here."

"Well since then I cannot get detention or lose any points by saying this," Bria stopped to take a deep breath then she moved closer towards Harry to make more distance between her and where Severus was sitting. At the last minute she noticed Ron, whom was sitting across from her, reaching for his drink. "Don't you dare touch that drink. I am not taking another snot shower." Ron jumped and immediately pulled his hand back.

"Gabriella. Stop avoiding the story." Dannie ordered.

"Yes ma'am. Anyway, we were on our way to breakfast and Chloe was telling me how mean and cruel Professor Snape is."

"But he is mean." Said Ginny. "Especially towards us." Hearing that Severus just smirked at the girl.

"Well anyway I tried to make her understand that I never knew him to be like that so I said," Bria took another deep breath and continued, "So you mean he doesn't run around the forest in a loin cloth chasing bunnies yelling 'Oogie Woogie'?, and the next thing I knew Chloe and I were drenched and Chad had a pumpkin seed stuck in his nose."

"Bria, I cannot believe you said that." exclaimed Dannie.

Everyone else just laughed while Severus glared at her and said. "So this is how you play huh? Just you wait I will get even."

"Wait a second, you agreed that there were no professors here tonight." Bria whined.

"Oh that is true and I still agree but you stay in this area during the weekends and holidays and I know your father and Sirius most definitely won't deny me any Marauder style paybacks."

"Honey I hate to agree with him but you have now become fair game. Don't worry though, I think Sirius and I can keep you in ammo for a long time." Remus said smiling.

In the meantime Ron, Hermione and Ginny felt like they were in some strange demented nightmare as they watched their evil teacher laugh and joke with the other professors. "Um Professor Snape, are you feeling ok?" Ron finally asked.

He just glared at him and said "Yes Ron, I am just fine thank you."

"Uh-oh Uncle Sev, looks like you've finally been busted for actually being human." Jamie smiled which just earned him a glare telling him to bring it on but Jamie quickly looked away.

"Why don't you guys take the kids into the other room to talk while I clean up after Sirius." Dannie said.

"Hey I cleaned already."

"Yea you did and that is why it looks worse than it was." Remus said as he led the others back into the family room.

Everyone sat down to relax, the kids on the sofas while the adults sat across from them in the chairs when Remus said. "Ok kids, I think we need to get down to the reason you were invited here tonight. Everything said in here must not be repeated outside these walls. Do you understand?" Remus then looked at Ginny, Ron, and Hermione as they looked at one another then nodded.

"What do you mean, is something wrong?" asked Ginny.

"Well we think you all just may be in danger this year. As I told the others and I have spoken to your parents, we aren't going to try to keep you guys from going to Hogsmeade with the rest of the school because we all know you would still find a way to get there. So here's the deal. On weekends and holidays, Harry, Ann Marie, Jamie, and Bria will be staying down here with us but you will all be welcome to visit with them, also we need you all in a group of at least four people at all times."

"You mean we have to stay together at all times? We'll wind up killing one another sooner or later." Ron said.

"You don't have to be with just each other although that would be safer but, you do have to be in a group of at least four."

"Are you going to at least tell us why?" Hermione asked.

"Yesterday we found a letter written to Lucius that included an old prophecy." Severus stated.

"Let me guess, you actually think it has something to do with us right?"

"Harry, it started coming true last spring when Voldemort was brought back but after yesterday the four of you brought a lot more of it into place." Sirius stated.

"Prof..er Remus, are you going to let us see this prophecy?" Ginny asked

Remus looked at his two friends and they nodded in agreement so he handed the parchment over to the kids. Hermione looked it over and said "Some of it I understand but the rest, what does it have to do with all of us?"

"Well the first part is clear that it's in regards to Voldemort's rise. Then yesterday more of it came true when the twins mum was murdered."

"How's that? What part of the prophecy was she?" Ron asked

"See there were really 6 of us who were considered Marauders. Of coarse you know of James, Sirius and I, although Peter tagged along a lot of the times he wasn't really a true Marauder. Most likely you have probably can guess two of the other ones were Lily and Patty."

"Well if it wasn't Peter then who was the sixth one?" Ron asked.

All of a sudden Ginny and Hermione looked at one another and said in unison "The photo."

"Photo?" Ron again asked becoming more and more confused.

"You saw a photo of us?" Sirius asked as he glared at Ann Marie.

"It's not her fault. Her album was sitting open on her bed yesterday and there were quite a few with Professor Snape in them." Hermione stated.

"Ok wait a second. Before we go any further you all have to remember, this absolutely cannot leave this room. Especially with Severus being involved in this."

"But why especially with him?" Ginny asked, "I mean maybe students would respect him more if the knew more about him and didn't have to fear him so much."

"That may be true but, if we did allow that then the Death Eater's children would realize that he is a traitor to Voldemort and he is most likely hiding things from him and their parents." Remus stated.

"Like his meetings with you two and Dumbledore?" asked Hermione

"You know about those too?" Severus questioned

"No, it was just a suspicion I had. I once went down to the Headmaster's office last year and overheard your voices and the minute I knocked the sounds went from a quiet conversation to being a lot of yelling and hollering about something completely different. But all of that would only expose that he was a spy, what would they expect him to hide from them?"

"That I have a child."

"You have a child? But who in their right mind would reproduce with you?" Ron said

Ann quickly elbowed him as hard as she could in the ribs. "That is my uncle you are talking about!"

Harry tensed up so Bria held his hand even tighter to help calm him. Hermione the looked back and forth between Ann and Harry noticing some but not many similarities between the two like height, cheek bones, mouth and eyes even though Harry had his mother's green eyes, Ann inherited the Snape's jet black color. (Jamie mainly resembled his father). "No way." She exclaimed. Harry realized what his friend had just discovered and he bowed his head letting his hair fall to cover parts of his face.

"Way!" Jamie said also realizing what was going on.

"Way what? I am so lost here." Whined Ron

"That explains it." Hermione said. "Ginny, I knew I heard your mum telling Harry how much he looks like his dad even though we have all noticed a significant change."

"He doesn't look like any Potter I've seen. He looks like he's more of a..." Ron paused, "Holy Shit! This has got to be a joke. There is no way you could be his..."

"It's not a joke Ron, I hate to say it but it's true." Harry scowled.

"Are you sure this isn't some sort of bad curse to make you believe that?"

"I am sure. I have seen and heard too much for that to be the case." Harry stated. "My mum and him were almost married until he went off and dumped her while she was pregnant."

"Harry, there were reasons behind happened back then." Severus stated.

"You know, I don't give a damn what your reasons were. All I know is for some dumb reason she fell in love with you and you hurt her by treating her like shit."

"Yes I did treat her like shit and no matter what I can never take back what happened but this is not the time nor place to discuss it."

"Now you tell me this is not the time or place to discuss it? Then when is?"

"Harry, I know your upset and you have every reason to be but, Severus is right. Here is not the time to discuss it." Remus stated.

"Fine, you all said you would answer all questions tonight but, since you now refuse, I am out of here." And with that said Harry got up and left.

"Harry!"

"Bria, let him go. He needs to calm down." Severus said.

"I know he needs to calm down but I said if he came tonight the I would be there for him."

"And you will but, he's to much like both his parents, he needs some time alone to sort things out. Everything he's believed in has completely changed in the past twenty-four hours." Sirius said

"Ok now what I don't understand is, why is it so important to keep the secret of Harry being your son?" Ginny asked.

"Because if Voldemort ever knew I had a child, must less a son, then he would be forced to become a Death Eater. Even if they had to place the Imperius curse on him. With Harry's powers on his side Voldemort would no doubt become almost impossible to defeat." Severus continued, "Trust me, if it could have been any different it definitely would have. I never had any intentions on all this turning out the way it did."

"Well maybe you need to let him know that." Hermione stated.

"If he ever gives me the chance to I will but the possibilities of that happening at this time are slim to none."

Remus looked at his watch and said "Listen kids I hate to say this but it's getting late. How about if Sirius escorts you back to your house so you don't get into trouble by Filch."

"What about Harry?" Ron asked

"He's most likely over at Sirius quarters but I'll check on him and make sure he's alright." Remus said. "We are going to have to talk again soon about the prophecy and see if we can figure out when exactly it's going to all come together."

"Professor Lupin, can I take it with to study? Maybe I can come up with something?" Hermione asked

"You won't let it interfere with your class work will you?" Hermione answered him with just a glare. "I didn't think so." Remus finished as he handed the parchment over to the girl.

"Well thank you for dinner. It was pretty good afterall."

"You are welcome Ginny. We'll see you later."

Sirius then took the trio back to the Gryffindor house, Dannie and Bria went back to their quarters, and Remus sat and thought about what went on during the evening before he went to checkup on Harry. In the meantime Severus was on his way back to Slytherin house to check on the students before heading back to his office to finish grading summer essays. When he arrived in the common room he had the seventh year Prefects, Malcolm and Cassandra preform the nightly bed checks. Once they reported back stating that everything was alright he dismissed them and went onto his office. Upon arrival he noticed his door was no longer locked. As he opened it Severus announced "Whomever is in here had better show themselves now so you can face the punishment you so rightly deserve."

"As far as I am concerned I am already being punished." Harry said as he stepped from the shadows. "Now would you consider this the right time to discuss what you did to my mother?"

"Yes Mr. Potter I do believe it is."

"Potter? Why carry that name when every adult I know clearly informs me that I am so much like you were when you were my age."

"Would you really truly wish to carry the Snape name knowing all that would be required of you to have it?"

Harry sat and thought for a few minutes. "Well how different could it be compared to having the Potter name. Look at me, people are either friendly towards me cause I'm the one who defeated Voldemort or they pity me for being the poor orphan boy. Not to mention I now have a whole house fearing me all because I led Cedric to his death."

"You saw Ron's expression this evening, you saw the disgust when he found out the truth. Think carefully how everyone else would react. To have one house hate you is one thing but to have three possibly all four including your own would be torture."

"Fine but would you tell me why you did that to my mum?"

"Because as I told you the other day, my parents signed my life away to Voldemort. They also informed me that if I did not follow in their footsteps then your mother would have suffered slowly and painfully until she eventually died. I believed at the time that if I left her then, you would have had a normal and happy life with her and James or whomever she would marry."

"But what about the protection charm that James and Remus placed on you? Didn't it work at all?"

Severus sighed. "At first nobody thought that it did but because of the strength of the curse that comes with the Dark mark it took longer than expected. I didn't start realizing my true feelings again until around your first birthday. Once I did, your mother and I talked and eventually started seeing each other once again. I knew that I could have been followed and I thought I was able to fool the other Death Eaters just by using the excuse of visiting with family but somehow Voldemort realized what was actually going on and set out to get rid of all of you. It was the love your mother and I had for one another that caused the deaths of her, James and almost you."

"Did you ever find out how he learned about you two?"

"Yes I did. It was the night of their deaths that I was informing Dumbledore about seeing Peter at the Death Eater meetings and even at some attacks. He had bragged to everyone how he was their Secret Keeper so I was trying to convince Dumbledore of assigning someone else to the position. Unfortunately we found out that it had been to late and they were already gone, Sirius was accused and Patty and the twins were preparing to go into hiding."

"What did they have to hide from?"

"As my punishment for being with your mother, Voldemort and Malfoy were determined to get rid of anybody that I could have held any sort of loyalty to other than them. This meant the death of anybody I was related to."

"But if he didn't know I was your son why was he out to kill me?"

When James and I were younger we looked so much alike we could almost have passed as twins, more so than Patty and I. Although I don't think Voldemort realized who's child you were. If you were mine then your blood was considered tainted and if you were James' then he figured I would have the same family loyalty towards you that I had with your aunt and cousins."

"One last question. Isn't my life already in danger because they believe I'm your cousin's son? If I did want to carry the Snape name, how different would the danger be?"

"Harry, I would be honored if we were able to announce that you were my son. Unfortunately unless Voldemort and every last one of his followers are eliminated or suffer from the Dementor's Kiss then I cannot allow it. If you did then upon your 19th birthday you would be forced to receive the Dark Mark and it's curse."

"I thought you said that Voldemort stopped forcing that contract."

"He did but not until after a few months after I received my mark."

At that point Remus and Sirius came running into the room. "Severus, Harry is miss..." they started saying but noticed the two talking and then both men let out a sigh of relief.

"Do you mind? The door was closed, which means you should at least show what manners your Gryffindors supposedly have." Severus snapped with a slight smirk.

"Harry what are you doing in here?" Sirius asked.

"I came to get the answers to my questions that obviously you refused to allow earlier."

"And did you get the answers you were looking for?" Remus asked

"I believe that I did but if you don't mind I have some things to think about." Harry said.

"Well then it's late, how about if we get you back to your quarters now. I already have the spare room set up for you." Remus said as they started to leave Snape's office.

Harry then turned around and said "Professor Snape, thank you for talking to me tonight."

"You are welcome but, you do understand that due to circumstances the way they are I cannot change the way I treat you around other students."

"Yes professor, goodnight."

"Goodnight Harry." Severus said as he watched the three leave. He then walked over to his desk and pulled out Lily's diary. As he sat down and started flipping through the pages he soon came across the photo of the three of them along with the letter Lily had written to Harry. He looked over the two objects and thought If only you knew how hard this was on all of us still. Maybe he will come around but this is defiantly going to take some time.

*****************************

~ Next Morning ~

"Hey Uncle Remus, is Harry still around?"

"Good morning Jamie. Yes he is, he's finishing breakfast now. Let me get him for you."

A few moments later Harry stepped out of the kitchen. "Morning, what's up?"

"Hey cuz, wanna go with me to the weight room?"

"What weight room?"

"The one behind the suit of armor on the fourth floor in the west wing. Hasn't been used in ages but dad said I could use it anytime."

"Um, sure. Are the girls going?"

"Nah, they said somethin about goin swimmin in the lake before it gets to cold out."

"Don't they know about the giant squid in there?"

"Dad warned them but they think they can handle it. We're gonna stop and get Draco first though."

"I can't believe you are friends with him. His dad is big in the Death Eater's circles."

"And like your dad isn't? Come on now he ain't all that bad, you just have to get to know him."

"I have known him for four years now. Have you ever heard the way he treats Hermione?"

"Yep and I let him know that if I ever heard it again he'd be lying unrecognizable at St. Mungos not knowin who he was."

"Fine, just don't expect me to spot him on the weights or anything. Mind if I get Ron too?"

"Well the said we have to be in a group so sure. I'll meet you there."

The boys then went to go get their friends. Harry went up to his dorm and found Ron still sleeping. "Ron wake up."

"Why? It's Saturday."

"Jamie knows of a weight room, lets go work out a bit."

"You mean a Muggle style weight room?"

"What other kind is there?"

"I don't know. I've never tried one before."

"That's ok, we'll work with you. Besides it will help you get into shape for Quiddich tryouts next weekend."

"Next weekend? Shit why didn't you warn me?"

"I just did."

"Well thanks for the short notice. Who's all going besides us and Jamie?" Ron asked as he started getting dressed.

"Well the girls have decided to try to go swimming so it will be the three of us and Malfoy."

"Then forget it. I'm not going to go."

"Your not going just because Malfoy is there? What are you going to do instead? Besides Jamie said he would behave himself."

"And you trust the word of a Slytherin? Harry come one now."

"No Ron, I trust the word of my cousin."

"Yea and look at how you have been treated by another one of your cousins."

"Ron, don't you start comparing Jamie with Dudley. You haven't even taken the chance to get to know him. Afterall Ann Marie isn't like Dudley and she's my cousin too. Remember?"

"Yes I remember but she's not a Slytherin."

"That may be true but her mum was a Snape."

"But even so she's in Gryffindor just like both her parents were."

"Ron you have got to stop and think about what you are saying. You refuse to get to know one person because of what house they live in. How would you have felt if I was placed in Slytherin? Remember we became friends before the sorting ceremony."

"Yea but you are different than them. You wouldn't have been put over there. Harry I don't want to fight over this so how about you hang out here and I'll set up the chess board."

Harry looked around the room to make sure nobody was there before he said, "Ron, I am not that much different than them. Remember it turns out I am also a Snape and..."

"Oh so since you are an almighty Snape now you are going to desert your friends for some low life Slytherins?"

"No Ron. I'm going to keep the plans I already made with my cousin and get to know him a little better. And for your information I was almost a Slytherin myself but, I asked the hat to place me anywhere but there."

"Fine. Go be with your snake family, maybe I was completely wrong about you. As you have clearly informed me, you are a low life Slytherin Snape just like the rest of them. Our friendship is finished!"

"Ron are you sure of that?"

"Most definitely."

"Then good so I don't have to worry about this." Harry said as he punched Ron in the face breaking his nose in the process.

As Harry turned to leave down the stairs into the common room Ron got back onto his feet and charged Harry like a rabid bull smashing into his back and tumbling the two of them down the stairs. Once they landed the two then continued to exchange punches. As the fight continued the other Gryffindor students started returning from breakfast. The first to return were Fred and George. "Hey you two this ain't cool you are going to get yourselves expelled." Fred said as the twins tried pulling them apart.

"What the hell are your guys fighting over?" asked George.

"Ron is pissed cause I am going to go hang out with Jamie."

"You mean that new kid, Professor Black's son? Ron, what is wrong with him other than he can't even pull a decent prank?" asked Fred.

"He's a friggin Slytherin. Oh and don't forget to mention that Malfoy is going to be there too."

"Malfoy?" they said in unison as they glared at Harry.

"I'm not hanging out with Malfoy. I'll be hanging out with Black."

"Same thing." Ron explained.

"Ron, quit acting like a fruit. If Professor Black's kid thinks he's alright he just might be. Afterall not only has he developed a sense of humor but Gin said he acted pretty cool during detention yesterday." Replied George.

"Geesh, I don't believe you two. That is still Malfoy we are talking about. Look how he treats us."

"Ron from the way we see it, you treat him the same way so back off. Besides it's Harry's life."

"Fine do whatever the hell you want, just remember we are no longer friends." He said to Harry.

"If that's the way you are going be then fine. Goodbye." Harry said as he left the three standing there.

"So Ron, what are you going to do now that you just threw away your friendship?"

"I did not throw it away, he did. He has changed too much he's acting just like a...oh nevermind. I'll go hang out with Dean."

"Sorry but he's preoccupied with Lavender, the only one left is Neville."

"What about you guys?"

"Sorry little brother, we've got to get prepared for tryouts next weekend. With being co-captains and all we have to start planning our team's strategy."

"Fine, then I'll go find Neville."

*****************************

"Hey cuz, where's Ron? Oh shit what happened to you?"

"He's decided not to come with."

"Damn Harry your eye is purple already. You ok?"

"Yeah I'm fine. I've been in worse shape before."

"If you say so but you know dad's gonna have a hundred questions."

"I know and so will everyone else when they eventually find out about the fight."

"I told you on our first day of school not to hang out with the wrong sorts. You didn't listen."

"Malfoy, I am not in the mood to deal with your shit as well so back off."

"And if I don't?"

"Draco I told you not to start your shit around me."

"Fine"

"Oh Harry, I ran into the girls on their way back. They are going to join us too."

"Great, just what I need, them chewing my ass over the fight as well."

"Nah, told them they could only come here as long as they left us alone. Besides we could use the help getting rid of the dust and cobwebs."

"How bad could it be?" Draco asked.

Jamie then mumbled the password. the suit of armor moved aside and the boys entered. "So are we gonna wait for them to arrive before we get started?"

"Might as well get started before they get here or they really will have a fit." Harry said while moving some cobwebs out of his way so he could walk through. The boys then started cleaning up the mess and were just about done when Ann, Bria, Hermione and Ginny arrived.

"What the hell were you thinking when you beat the shit out of Ron?" Hermione yelled when they entered the room.

"Harry froze and turned around to face them, "Well he deserved it, in fact he has for a long time." Harry then walked over towards them and making sure Draco didn't hear he quietly told the girls exactly what happened.

"I was afraid this would happen sooner or later." Ginny continued as she smiled at Draco. "At least you don't look as bad as my brother does."

The kids spent the rest of the morning working out in the weight room and joking around when they lost track of time. "Oh shit you guys. We're going to miss lunch if we don't get back now." Jamie said. They then gathered up their stuff and headed to their different rooms to get cleaned up for dinner.

As Harry and Jamie ran through the corridors leading to their rooms Severus called them to a halt. "Where have you two been all morning?"

"We were working out with the girls and Draco." Jamie replied while Harry looked at the floor letting his hair fall over his black eye.

"What about Ron, didn't he wish to join you?"

"He said he had other things to do." Harry stated while still looking towards the floor.

"Excuse me but the least you could do is look at me when you answer."

Harry lifted his head letting his hair fall off his face, "As I said, Ron said he had other things to do."

"So is that from Ron's decision or did you and Mr. Malfoy get into another fight?"

"Neither. Ron and I decided to see how much fun it would be to go diving down the stairs from our dorm into the common room."

"Well whatever it is that happened, I do hope that he is in worse condition than you." Severus continued, "You two better go get cleaned up if you wish to eat."

Finally everybody arrived in the Great Hall for lunch. Remus noticed the tension between Harry and Ron as they sat with their friends but as far apart from one another as they could. "Did you notice anything wrong with Harry today?"

"Yes I did but when I asked he insisted that he has taken up the sport of stairwell diving."

"Well as long as the boys are alright. I do hope that they solve their problem soon." Remus stated. "Oh Sirius, are you still planning on working with your son this afternoon? Remember the truce comes to an end tonight."

"Don't worry old friend, it's going to be taken care of." Sirius smirked.

To be continued...
End Notes:
Please Review
Chicken Fights or Fighting Chickens by Demonic Angel

Once the weekend was over all the 5th year Gryffindors were beginning to see the effects that Harry and Ron's fight was having on the whole house. Although outside classes they did their best to stay as far away from one another as possible there were still a few classes that would pair the two up for class projects. Luckily after having to constantly remove points from the boys, the majority of the professors even noticed the problem and started placing one of the two with Neville and the other with Jamie. Usually it was Harry that worked with his cousin since Ron saw him as the reason that he was the cause that he and his best friend were still fighting. The only professor who refused to separate the two just so happened to be Snape whom appeared to continue to enjoy removing points from his son's own house. By Wednesday the two boys were so busy arguing during a class assignment they did not pay any attention to the instructions and added the Dong Quai too soon after the Tragacanth causing a putrid gas to engulf the room before exploding everywhere. Luckily the fumes had already chased everyone out of the classroom. Needless to say both Harry and Ron received detention that evening to clean up their disaster along with the removal of 25 points each. "Mr. Potter and Mr. Weasley I do expect the two of you will leave your wands in your dorm before you report here after dinner tonight. There will be no means of magic used to clean up this mess you so carelessly caused."

"Yes professor."

"No magic? But it will take the rest of the week to clean this without magic." Ron whined.

"Then I suggest that you do not make any plans for the remainder of the week since you believe you cannot perform the task in a suitable amount of time."

Ron glared at Snape growing to hate him more and more. "Yes Professor Snape."

Finally the 5th year students were able to go to their first Animagus Studies class. Everyone was all excited, afterall they all enjoyed having Professor Black as their DADA instructor and the idea of him helping them to become Animagi was even better. Or so they thought. Unfortunately since this was their first class they had to study, something they never thought someone with the reputation Sirius had would make them do. You guessed it, a day of studying the rules of becoming an Animagus along with the different dangers that could happen if steps were not followed properly. After about 15 minutes into the class half of the students were asleep then by the time class was half way over the only remaining student awake was Hermione but even her head was starting to bobble. While the professor continued lecturing and concentrating on his notes instead of the students all of a sudden he was interrupted by a loud thud "Damn!" Hermione quietly said as she rubbed her forehead.

Professor Black sighed as he slowly looked over his classroom. Without drawing attention to himself he lifted his wand and quietly mumbled "texter ticklous" and their textbooks were transformed into tickling feathers. While some of the students continued to try sleeping while swatting at the feathers to make them stop the others woke up starting to cuss when they realized where they had fallen asleep. Eventually all the students had awoken to their professor standing infront of the class glaring down upon them as he changed the feathers back into their textbooks. "Before we go any further and you learn how to start the transformation you will be required to pass the following quiz with no less than a perfect score. I personally hate having to do this to you but this was the condition of the Ministry in order to allow such a course to be taught to such a younger class." Sirius continued as he walked around the room handing out the stacks of papers, "As you will notice this is quite an extensive quiz in which most of the questions are in essay form. Because of its length we are allowing not only for it to be an open book exam but you will be allowed to work in groups if you wish."

As Sirius continued around the room Lavender asked, "Since this is an open-book exam will we be covering any of it here in class?"

"Well, if you would have stayed awake and taken notes you would already have the answers to the whole first page." All the students grumbled as they looked over their notes that they thought they had taken only to find that they were so sleepy that none of it made any sense. "Now if you all wish we can either start over next week from the beginning which will put us a week behind or you can all work on it in your free time and we can move on."

The students all agreed that they wanted to move on and not have to spend the next class listening to the same stuff that put them to sleep in the first place. Finally the class was over and the kids all headed back to their houses to get ready for dinner.

"I can't believe I actually fell asleep in class." Hermione said.

"Did I hear you right? You fell asleep? Hermione in all the years I've know you this is a first." Harry exclaimed

"Don't remind me, the way my head feels it will be a last also."

"Why what happened?" Ann asked.

"While you all had the privilege of being tickled awake I unfortunately banged my head on the desk. I think that's what alerted him."

Jamie brushed her bangs off to the side, "You have a huge knot there." He said as he leaned down and kissed the mark that remained. Hermione looked up and smiled at him and before they knew it they had started kissing.

Their friends had kept on walking when they realized that they were missing part of their group when they turned around and saw them along with Ron standing behind Hermione and Draco behind Jamie. "Mione, not you too. You should know better than anyone how Slytherins are." Ron said.

"Jamie, what in Merlin's name are you doing kissing a mud.."

The two stopped kissing and Jamie pointed his wand at Draco and said "I have warned you not to say one word against her or so help me I will put you into the hospital faster than you can say snitch."

"Ron, how dare you try to tell me what I should and shouldn't know. What I do is my concern and has nothing to do with you so if you continue then you can kiss our friendship goodbye as well."

"Fine since you are not going to listen to me then consider this friendship over." Ron declared mumbling 'Stupid Bitch" as he passed by the rest of the group.

Harry stepped infront of Ron "You had better go back there and apologize to her right now. This is between you and me not her."

"Bite me Potter!" Ron said as he stormed right past Harry.

"Ron!"

"Let him go Ann, he will only try to hurt you next." Harry said as they all continued onto their houses to drop off their belongings before dinner.

As Draco and Jamie entered their common room Patsy, Crabbe, and Goyle approached them. "Well look at this we have a couple of Mudblood lovers now." Patsy said.

"Back off Patsy." Jamie said.

"You know I should have expected it from you Black, but Draco here what would the Dark Lord much less your father say about the company your keeping?" She continued.

"That is for me to worry about. I have my reasons for what I am doing and just because it doesn't include you doesn't mean it is any of your concern." Draco stated.

"I have news for you my dear Draco. It does concern me, afterall I will not have my future husband consorting with a bunch of Muggle lovers or beasts."

"I have never given you any reason to believe that we have or ever will have anything for one another other than being classmates. You do need to quit living such a delusional life."

"Delusional huh? I have it on good authority that I have been chosen to be your bride. If anybody is delusional it is you. Boys I believe it's time that we knocked some common sense into these two." With that said Crabbe and Goyle immediately started to approach Draco and Jamie.

*****************************

In front of the Great Hall Hermione was hoping to meet up with Jamie before dinner. After waiting for a good 15 minutes she headed onto her table "Ann, have you seen your brother? Did he say anything about not coming up for dinner?"

Ann slowly looked over at the Slytherin table but there was no sign of any of the remaining 5th years there. "No I haven't, no he didn't, and I hate to say it but Jamie has an appetite like my dad. This is very unlike him to be late for a meal especially dinner. Come with me."

Ann led Hermione up to the head table. "Professor Snape, Professor Black, have either of you seen Jamie? He was suppose to meet me outside the doors before dinner but he never showed up." Hermione said.

"No I haven't seen them since class today. Maybe they are just running late." Snape said while Sirius scanned over the Slytherin table, and with not seeing his son there he started worrying.

"Um Severus, have you ever known all your 5th years to show up late for a meal?"

With that said the two professors ran towards the dungeons with Ann and Hermione following close behind them. As they entered the portal they noticed Patsy sitting stretched out on the couch watching and laughing as Goyle was smashing Draco's head into the floor and Crabbe had just smashed Jamie into the wall head first. "What may I ask is going on here" Severus stated as Sirius looked over the two boys lying on the floor unconscious.

"We were just knocking some sense into them" the two larger boys stated in unison, only showing that they did share one very small brain.

"Severus, we had better get them onto the infirmary immediately."

"You three will meet me in my office promptly in one hour. I am positive that the Headmaster will also wish to speak to you before notifying your parents." The two men then levitated the boys carefully to the hospital wing.

As they exited through the portal they noticed Ann, Hermione, and now Ginny staring at them in shock. "Professors, are they going to be alright?" Ginny asked.

"We don't quite know yet. Madame Pomphrey needs to look over them before anything can be said. Ms. Weasley, would you please inform your brother and Mr. Potter that I still expect to see them for their detention tonight but not until around 8:30?"

"Um, Yes sir professor. Is it alright if I come to see how they are doing afterwards?" she said while looking at Draco.

Sirius looked at the girl and said as calmly as possible, "I am sure that the boys would be happy to hear that you are concerned about them but unfortunately Madame Pomphrey would have a fit if there were a whole bunch of students blocking up her corridor. I will make sure word gets back to you as soon as we find out their status."

"Yes sir." Ginny said as she slowly headed back to join the others at dinner.

"Um dad, Uncle Sev, is it alright if Mione and I come along?"

"Yes Ann you can come along. As for Ms. Granger."

"But dad, if it weren't for Mione saying something to me then they could be in worse condition than they are in."

"Fine you can come along too but, you cannot..."

"Don't worry, you won't even know I'm there sir." Hermione said with tears in her eyes.

*****************************

Ginny ran back to the Gryffindor table as quickly as possible. Bria had noticed the big commotion that had gone on and after excusing herself from her own table went and joined the rest of her friends. "Gins, what wrong. Where did Ann and Mione go running off to?" Bria asked

"All I know is that I went running after them to the dungeons and right after I got there Professor Snape and Professor Black were taking Draco and Jamie to the infirmary and they were unconscious."

"Unconscious? Why? What happened?" Harry asked.

"I'm not sure but it looked as if they got into a really bad fight."

Just then Patsy and her bodyguards came strolling in looking proud of themselves. "I was afraid something like this would happen sooner or later. See Ron, I told you that my cousin wasn't that bad seeing how his own house it against him."

"It's what he gets for hanging out with someone like Malfoy. It was probably something set up by him and so he would look innocent he's just acting like he was injured."

All of a sudden the Great Hall was silenced by the sound of Ginny slapping her brother across the face. "Ron, how dare you say something like that. Draco looked worse than Jamie did. There was even blood in his hair."

"Ginny, this is Malfoy we are talking about. He is capable of doing and faking anything he wants to. Don't you dare try to tell me any different."

Ginny started to lift her hand again to her brother when Harry said. "Gins don't. He's not worth it and there is no way we'll be able to get him to see any differently. Lets go wait and see what is going on with them."

"We can't. I was sent here by Professor Snape to let you guys know that detention would take place tonight but not until 8:30. And he also made it very clear that they don't want blocking up the corridor in the hospital wing but, they would let us know immediately if there are any changes in their condition."

"Fine then. Mione will know where to find us. Lets go wait in the Common room.."

Fred and George started to follow Harry, Bria, and their little sister. "Well little brother, you have really done it now. First Harry, then Hermione, and now your own sister. When is this going to stop?" Fred said.

"When I feel like making it stop."

"Well then in that case you can go ahead and include us on your hate list also." George told him as they walked off leaving their little brother to sit alone.

*****************************

Ann and Hermione sat and watched the two professors pace back and forth while Madame Pomphrey was in the room attending to her patents. As soon as she stepped out the men froze and the girls stood up immediately.

"Poppy, how are they?" Sirius asked.

"Well looks like they both have concussions, and they must have a guardian stay with them all night until they are fully awake."

"I will stay with them. Poppy, can we see them?"

"Yes, but do not make too much noise."

Severus left for his office while Sirius, Hermione, and Ann all went inside the boy's room. They didn't look as bad as they originally had but they were quite marred up. After awhile Jamie was the first one to wake up and noticed the two girls looking down at him smiling with tears in their eyes. "Now who is the one with the nasty mark on their head?" Hermione jokingly said.

Jamie just smiled at her then pulled her closer for a kiss. Then as he started to sit up he asked "What am I doing in here..ok I remember now." Feeling woozy he laid back down. "How's Draco doing?"

Sirius walked over towards the bed. "He's still out of it but I'm glad to see your doing better for yourself." He said while looking back and forth between his son and Hermione.

"Well maybe if Ginny was here he's be feeling better too." Jamie stated.

"And what makes you think that Black?" Draco mumbled.

"Oh just the way you two keep looking at one another." Jamie told his friend.

"Well you are imagining things there."

Sirius then turned his attention to the other boy. "Good to see you are already acting like your old self. Just to let you know, Ginny was worried about you and wanted to wait in the hall as well but we couldn't have Madame Pomphrey shouting at all of you and disrupting anyone else here."

"She did?"

"Yes she did. Hermione, why don't you go let Ginny know that he'll be alright and she can see him tomorrow."

"Yes sir. I'll stop by and visit before breakfast." Hermione said as she smiled.

"Can't wait." Jamie said smiling.

"Ann why don't you go on ahead with her. So Jamie, since when are you and Hermione an item?"

"Right after your class this afternoon."

"Oh really huh?" he teased, "Listen I'm going to go get you guys something to eat from the kitchens since you missed dinner." Sirius left the room only to return a few minutes later announcing "Madame Pomphrey said the house elves are..." he then stopped himself as he noticed the boys were once again sleeping so he sat down in a chair between the two beds so that he could keep watch over them.

*****************************

Harry arrived at the Potions classroom on time for detention as he entered the open room he noticed that nobody was there. "Professor Snape?" he called out but only answered by silence. He then decided he had better sit and wait for him to return before he received a worse punishment. As he walked towards the front of the classroom he heard voices coming from the back office.

"What you three have done is inexcusable! First of all fighting between students is grounds for suspension but on top of that you were fighting people from your own house and as your Head of House that is one thing that I will not tolerate. Do I make myself clear?"

"But Professor, I was not fighting."

"You may not have actually been fighting Ms. Parkinson but, knowing these two they would not have done what they did unless they were ordered to by either Mr. Malfoy or yourself. With the state that Mr. Malfoy is in I highly doubt that he would have made such an order. Now as Head of the Slytherin House I am required to inform your parents of your actions this evening. Also you will be speaking with the Headmaster tomorrow morning before breakfast so that he may issue the punishment that he sees fit."

"Yes Professor Snape." They all said in unison.

"Dismissed!"

Harry stayed in his seat glaring at the trio as they stormed past him looking very smug about what they had done. Finally a few moments after they slammed the classroom door he heard "Mr. Potter, you and Mr. Weasley may come in now." Harry entered to room but to Severus' surprise he was the only one. "Where may I ask is Mr. Weasley?"

"I'm not sure sir. I haven't seen him since dinner when Ginny informed us of what had happened."

"Did she inform him of what time he was suppose to be here?"

"Yes sir she did."

"Go ahead and get started. The cleaning supplies are in the back closet. As soon as Mr. Weasley arrives please send him in."

"Sir, may I ask how Jamie and Draco are doing?"

"Ms Black stopped by to inform me that although they are awake now. They have numerous minor cuts and bruises but also they suffered concussions. They should be released either tomorrow evening or the next morning at the earliest. I will stop by there later this evening to relieve your uncle after you are done. I will also let them know you were inquiring about them."

"Thank you sir."

"Your welcome Harry now you had better get to work."

Harry walked back into the classroom, pulled out all the cleaning supplies, and as he started working he noticed that there wasn't as bad of a mess as he imagined it to be. Finally at 11:30 Severus entered the room and noticed that it was almost finished. "Did Mr. Weasley ever arrive?"

"No sir he didn't"

"Well since you are almost finished go on ahead back to your dorm room, we don't need you missing any classes tomorrow. Also I expect you to arrive back here to finish up before breakfast in the morning."

"Thank you Professor. Erm, may I ask what is going to happen to Ron since he missed detention tonight?"

"Don't worry about Mr. Weasley, he will be disciplined accordingly."

"Yes sir. Goodnight."

"Goodnight Harry."

*****************************

The rest of the week came and went. Jamie and Draco were released from the infirmary; Patsy, Crabbe, and Goyle not only received howlers from their parents but Dumbledore told them they would not be suspended if they spent every weekend for the remainder of the term working with Filch; and then came Ron's punishment.

On Saturday morning Harry joined his friends at their table for breakfast. Just about everyone there was nervous since this was the day of tryouts for the house team. "Ginny, where is Ron this morning?"

"I'm not sure. He hasn't said much too me the past few days."

"Didn't you hear? He has detention with Filch all day today." Ann Marie stated.

"That means he's going to miss try-outs. Harry, come with us we need to talk to McGonagall to see if we can get him released." Fred said.

Harry, Fred, and George approached the head table and asked Professor McGonagall if they could speak with her in private. "I know what you boys are going to ask me but although I too would like to see Mr. Weasley be on the team, there is nothing I can do. He didn't serve detention that was assigned to him so he has to serve a more severe one." She said.

Harry then walked over to where Snape was seated, "You just couldn't pass up the chance to try to make sure we did not demolish your precious Slytherin team this year could you. No, you had to see to it that Ron wouldn't be available to even try out with everyone."

Severus looked down at his son realizing it was almost like looking at his younger self when he was furious and stated. "Mr. Potter, I assure you that I have no doubt that with Mr. Weasley on your team, it would surly make the sport more of a challenge and more enjoyable to see the Slytherin team victorious but I had no say-so in the matter of your friend's punishment."

"Then who else would be so cruel to sentence him to work for Mr. Filch all day?"

"That my dear boy was my decision." Harry turned around to see who made the statement and was shocked to see the Headmaster standing behind him.

"You sir, but.."

"Young Mr. Weasley had to learn no matter how he feels he must show respect for his professors." Dumbledore then leaned down and quietly whispered, "I personally was surprised to hear Professor Snape ask for a lighter sentence for him."

Harry then looked over at the potion master and mouthed "You did?" but the professor didn't acknowledge with an answer.

"Come on Harry, there is no way that Ron can participate today, not with Dumbledore being the one who punished him. Why didn't you tell us Ron skipped out on detention?" George asked.

"I had no idea this would be his punishment."

"Neither did we but I don't ever remember hearing of anyone ditching detention before." Fred stated.

George pointed out the window at Filch leading four students to the Womping Willow, "Now we know why. Come on we have to get ready for everyone. From what I hear it's going to be a long day."

*****************************

As the boys expected the majority of the kids in their house showed up to try out for the three open positions, two chasers and a keeper. Those who were not trying out for the team were sitting in the stands cheering on their friends that were. Both Ginny and Ann Marie were among those trying out while Hermione, Bria, Jamie, and Draco sat up in the stands. Harry finally spotted his friends so he flew up to them, "What are you guys doing here?"

"We came to cheer on the girls." Jamie stated.

"You know, with Draco here though it may cause some problems."

"It shouldn't cause anymore problems than it would with Bria and Jamie here though. It's not like this is an actual practice." Hermione stated.

"Listen Harry if any problems start up we'll all leave. Agreed?" Jamie stated.

"Agreed."

The tryouts lasted until just after 5pm and by that time everyone was just about exhausted. "Ok everyone. You all did a great job. We will be posting the new team lineup tomorrow after lunch in the common room." George announced.

As everyone started back towards the castle the group of friends all met up at the bottom of stairs to the stands. "You two were so good, you had better make it onto the team." Hermione stated. "Where did you learn to play?"

"Thanks, I use to be the keeper on my old house team and Jamie use to be a beater." Ann stated. "Hey anyone up for a swim before dinner?"

"Sure why not. We'd better get some towels first, don't want to get Filch mad at us for leaving water all over the halls." Bria said.

"What about our suits?" Hermione asked.

"By the time we get changed into suits it will just about be to late. Shorts and t-shirts are just fine." Ann replied.

The kids all ran back towards the castle and into the professor's wing to get their stuff. Along the way they ran into Bria's parents. "Where are you all going in such a hurry?" Dannie asked.

"We're headed out to the lake to go swimming." Ginny stated.

"Sounds like fun." Remus said "Luv, are you up for a swim?"

"Matter of fact I am. Are you going to get the guys?" Dannie replied.

"Eeewww, come one now we don't want to see any old farts swimming." Bria whined.

"And who may I ask are you calling an old fart?" Remus asked.

"You and mom of coarse. Your even starting to get pudgy like an out of shape one." She smirked.

"Well, well, well. How about you and Harry here against your mom and I in a chicken fight. We will see who is the one who's out of shape."

"You're on!" Bria and Harry said in unison.

"Hon, I'll take the kids on down to the water while you go get the towels and the guys." Dannie said. Remus agreed and headed back to his room then off to get his friends.

As they headed towards the lake Draco quietly asked Ginny, "Um, excuse me but what is a chicken fight?"

Ginny whispered "It's a muggle game played in the water. You'll see it's fun."

*****************************

As Ron was heading back towards the castle he noticed the three professors, Severus, Sirius, and Remus, all running down towards the lake. Oh shit, something must have happened. He thought and he decided to follow them. When he arrived he stayed back behind a tree and watched from a distance just in case they needed him to get some help. What Ron wound up seeing was Bria on Harry's shoulders chicken fighting with what he though looked like his sister from behind but he couldn't see who she was partnered up with. All of a sudden Sirius cannonballed between the two couples forcing them to lose their balance and they then were all under water. Now lets see. There's Harry, Bria, Ginny and. "Malfoy" Ron growled. He was about to approach them when he heard a noise that came from behind. When he turned around to see who it was all he could make out was a shadow running along the trees. Ron quickly tried following the person but soon lost them when they entered the castle. He debated going back to the lake and confronting his sister but decided that he would be better to do so at a later time when there weren't so many people around.

Finally it was completely dark outside when the group had decided that they had had their fun for the evening. As the got out of the water they each cast a drying spell on themselves, with the exception of Dannie who just quickly transformed and shook herself dry then changed back again. Draco was stunned at what he had seen. "Why didn't you just charm yourself dry?" he asked.

"You don't know?" Bria asked

"Know what?"

"Mom was raised as a Muggle. The extent of her powers is that she's a shape-shifter and her knowledge of the majik contained in different herbs "

"Why didn't she go to school and learn then?"

"Draco, her community looks at magic the same way your family looks at Muggles. Both believe that the other is grounds for death." Severus explained. "Now I have a question for you and you must be honest about it. Am I correct in assuming that your father has ordered you to keep an eye on the kids here?"

Ginny looked at Draco as he replied "Yes sir."

"What? So this means this has all been an act?" she said as she stopped in her tracks.

"No Ginny, you have it wrong."

"Ok Ms. Weasley calm down." Severus said as he noticed how red her face was getting from anger. "Since that is the case then how about we come to an agreement. You now know some things about all of us that you could report back to your father or Voldemort with but on the other hand we also know about your feelings for Ginny as well. How would your father feel about that?"

"He would literally kill me."

"So then we have a deal?" Severus said.

Draco looked puzzled then realized what the deal was and nodded. "Yes sir I believe we do." He then took Ginny's hand and they continued with the rest back to the castle.

By this time dinner was already over with so as Sirius made arrangements for the house elves to bring dinner for everyone to his quarters the kids made some other arrangements.

"Uncle Sev, since Draco is staying with you on the weekends instead of the dorm with the buffoon brothers, is it alright if Harry and I spend the night as well? Sort of like a sleep over."

"I'm not sure. What is your dad going to say?"

"I don't think he will mind. Afterall, Ann and the girls are planning on sweet talking him into them all staying over there and I really don't think I'm going to want to hear their giggles and gossip all night."

The idea of Sirius suffering a night of four giggling girls was to hard for Severus to pass up, "Sure I have no problems at all with you boys staying over tonight." He said with a smirk.

When Sirius arrived back at his rooms he was attacked with a hug from Ann saying. "Daddy, daddy, daddy daddy! Pleeeaaassseee, can Mione, Gins, and Bria all spend the night here tonight?"

"And what about Jamie? I'm not having a boy/girl slumber party here."

"Uncle Sev said he and they guys could stay in his quarters tonight."

"Well isn't that just too kind of him to offer." Sirius growled.

"Well I thought so." Severus replied.

"Fine but no keeping me up all night understand?"

"Thank you daddy, we won't be any problem at all." Ann Marie said while smiling.

In the meantime Ginny and Draco were sitting and talking. "You know you guys had me a little nervous at first today." he said.

"How is that?"

"First of all there's how we use to not get along and then that talk about the chi..."

"Wait a second. You didn't think we meant actually fighting.." Ginny stopped when she saw how red Draco's face had turned from embarrassment. "You did didn't you!" and she started laughing.

"Did what?" Hermione asked.

Draco tried standing to leave the room since he was feeling like a complete fool but Ginny grabbed his arm causing him to fall back onto the couch just a little closer. "Nothing." Ginny told her friend. She then looked Draco in the eyes and said, "I'm sorry" before she leaned in and kissed him.

As the two sat there in their own world making out, Ann ran into the bathroom and came back out with a small compact mirror. She then held it up close to their faces, pulled it back looking at it, and said "No Fog." She tested them one more time but with seeing the same results she leaned in close to the two and said, "You have to remember to BREATH". The two jumped instantly then Ginny rested her head on Draco's shoulder as he glared at everyone else in the room who were all laughing.

"Don't worry about it Draco. I remember her mother pulling the same exact stunt on a certain professor and his girlfriend back when we were kids." Remus said.

"You actually had a girlfriend? Wow dad was wrong about you then." Draco smirked.

"Your father didn't know about me as much as he thought he did." Severus stated.

"Don't worry Sev, we've all wondered about you at one point. Just like we use to wonder about Remus here. At least now we know what he was waiting on."

Finally one of the house elves showed up with their dinner and once everyone was done eating the boys all said their goodnights to their girlfriends and left with Severus. "Sirius, are you sure you are going to be alright with the girls here tonight? They can be quite a handful when they get together." Remus said.

"Don't worry, I'll be fine. Besides I plan on putting a silencing charm on my bedroom so that I won't have to hear them all night long."

"You got it wrong dad, the charm will be so that you won't keep us up all night with your snoring."

"Have fun tonight old friend."

"Thanks a lot Moony, you too." Sirius said as he watched Remus and Dannie leave for a quiet stroll around the grounds.

*****************************

~ A few hours later in Severus' quarters ~

"Jamie, is your uncle asleep?" Harry whispered.

"Yea. Draco you got the shampoo?"

"Of coarse. What about you Harry you got the feathers?"

"What do you think? Come on lets get out of here."

The three boys crept out of down the corridor to Sirius' quarters. "Door's locked" Jamie said.

"Step aside, I can't believe you left your wand in there." Draco whispered. "Alohomora."

"Good they're asleep already. Let's hurry." Harry said

SNORE

"Jamie, I thought you said your dad uses a charming spell on his door?" Draco asked.

SNORE...SNORT

"He claims he does but if I didn't know any better I'd say he only uses earplugs so that we don't keep him awake."

SNORE

"You guys have to be quiet come on now."

The boys noticed that there were cots set up in the family room where the girls were sleeping. They took the shampoo and covered the floorboards on either sides of the cots and they covered up the shampoo with feathers. As they left Harry pointed his wand at Sirius' bedroom door and quietly said "Amplifiora" to amplify the snoring.

SNORE!

When they arrived back at Severus' quarters they could faintly still hear the snores coming from down the corridor. "Goodnight Ferret." Harry said.

"Nite Potty."

"Ferret, Stop calling me Potty"

"Then stop calling me Ferret, Golden boy." Draco said as he threw his pillow at Harry.

"Thanks for the extra pillow, Ferret."

"I said to stop calling me a Ferret"

"Would both of you just stop so we can get some sleep."

In unison said "Sure thing Fungus Face. Goodnight."

*****************************

~ About an hour later ~

SSSNNNOOORRREEE!!!

"Ann Marie, can't you do anything about your dad? I swear it's gotten louder" Ginny said.

"Yeah, let me see if I can wake him up. It sounds like he put his ear plugs in again."

SSNNOORREE!!

Ann Marie got out of bed and as she started to walk her feet slipped our from under her. As she was landing on her tailbone she tried putting her hands down underneath her but instead her arms wound up catching the two cots bringing them in towards her. It wouldn't have been so bad but Bria was still in her cot so she wound up landing on Ann. "Shit that hurt. Bria, would you please get off of me."

SNORT SSNNOORREE!! SNORT

"As long as you get your dad to stop making that noise. Gladly"

Hermione grabbed her wand from her robes that she placed at the foot of the cot and said 'Luminos' "Well, looks like we had some visitors tonight." She then crawled to the end of the cot and stepped over the feathery goo. "I'll be right back" She said as she left the room.

SSSSNNNNOOOORRRREEEE!!!!

"Ann how can you sleep with all this?" Ginny whined.

"I have never heard him this bad. Oh I am so going to get the guys for this one."

flushing sound

SSNNOORREE!

"Mione, do you still have your wand on you?" Ann asked.

"Yeah. Hang on." Hermione then walked over to the noisy door. "Silencio"

"Thank you. Now we have to get them back immediately. Who's in?"

"These prank wars are mainly between you and your brother. Count me out." Hermione said.

"I'm in" said Bria

"Count me in too."

"Well I'm going back to sleep, haaaaaav..." Hermione stated as she was heading back to her cot forgetting about the gooey floor until she slipped on it. She then sat up rubbing the back of her head. "So are we going to go or what?"

The girls then crawled out of the areas of their cots with wands in hand and headed towards Severus' quarters and luckily the door was still unlocked. The girls quietly entered the front room where the boys were on the floor in sleeping bags.

SNORE

SNORT

SNORE

"Merlin, they are almost as bad as your father." Bria said.

"I know. Pathetic isn't it." Ann replied. "Ok Mione you to the tickling charm while Ginny and Bria go into the kitchen and you will see 3 buckets. Mix together anything that you can find in the fridge on the top two shelves only. The stuff on the bottom shelf is for his potions. I will take get the flour and take care of the wind."

"Ok Ann we got the goo ready."

"Good, Hermione once we get the buckets over the boys you cast the charm, as soon as they start sitting up drop the levitation spell so that the buckets will dump over on them then run back to dad's as quickly as possible. We had better stand by the door."

The four girls gathered by the door, pulled out their wands, and Ann, Bria, and Ginny quietly whispered "Wingardum Leviosa" and the buckets slowly moved over the boys' bodies.

At that point Hermione then pointed her wand at the boys and said "Tickolus". The girls sat and smiled at the boys as they started twitching and finally they sat up looking for what could be tickling them.

While they were still groggy they didn't notice the girls until they heard "one...two...now"

"Finati" they said in unison as what ever pasty good that was put into the buckets dumped all over the boys.

"AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!" The boys all yelled.

At that time Hermione, Bria, and Ginny all ran back to Sirius' quarters while Ann said "WindusWhirium" and dumped a bag of flour in the air causing it to move around the boys like a huge white dust devil.

"What in the hell is going on out there!" Severus yelled from the bedroom. Ann immediately ran back towards her dads to join her friends when she almost ran into Remus and Dannie on their way back from their walk.

Severus then opened his bedroom door and noticed the three boys sitting on the floor covered in some sort of lumpy goo that smelled of ketchup, applesauce, pickle relish, oregano, toothpaste, hair gel, and cottage cheese and topped in what could only be flour which happened to be all over the room. Remus peeked into the open door and couldn't stop himself from laughing at the sight of Severus in only his boxers with his arms folded and standing over the three figures on the floor that had to be Harry, Jamie, and Draco. "Now do you care to explain what has been going on this evening?" Severus said to the trio. He then looked at Remus and Dannie who were still laughing at the sight of what was infront of them. "Can you at least fill me in on what you know?"

"Sorry Sev, all I know is we were on our way back when we were almost knocked over by someone covered in shampooed feathers. I don't think the girls are the only ones to be blamed for this evening."

*****************************

~ Meanwhile at Sirius' ~

Ann ran in the front door to her three giggling friends. "Shh, shh, shh. We have to keep it down now. The boys woke up Uncle Sev and I'm sorry Bria but I almost ran over your parents on my way back."

"Well I guess there goes our freedom for awhile." Bria said.

"I know, but it was fun while it lasted." Ann replied.

Just then Severus entered the room in his bath robe followed by the three boys and Bria's parents who were trying to keep as straight of faces as they could in front of their daughter. Severus walked over to Sirius' bedroom door and started pounding on it. "Black, Open up. We have a serious problem here tonight!"

silence

"Black are you in there? I said open up this door!"

"Uncle Severus, He won't hear you. Hermione put a silencing charm on it tonight."

"Well for Merlin's sake child, remove the charm."

Hermione pointed her wand at the door and cringed as she quietly said "Finati"

SSSSSSSNNNNNNNOOOOOOORRRRRRREEEEEEE!!!!!!!

Severus looked at Remus and said "How in the world did my sister ever put up with that, that racket? I would have killed him if I were her."

"Um that would be my fault." Harry said as he approached the door with his wand and repeated "Finati"

SNORE

"Let me get this straight. You amplified his snoring? Why would you do something like that?" Severus asked Harry.

"Well it seemed like a fun idea at the time."

SNORE SNORT

Severus once again pounded on the door. "Black! Open the door, we have a serious problem out here!"

"Alright, I'm up, you don't have to yell." Sirius said as he opened the door. "What in the world is going on?"

"Well it seems that we have been the battle grounds for a prank war."

"Well why didn't anyone wake me for it?" Sirius said.

"From what I have learned you were already involved in it. Harry here decided to amplify your snoring to torment the girls."

Sirius took a good look at the girls and around the room. "You three did this?" they slowly nodded and Sirius answered with "Jamie! My son! I am so proud of you! And Harry your parents would be extremely proud of you today." And he pulled the two boys in for a bear hug. Severus cleared his throat and when Sirius looked at him he shook his head so Sirius then whispered to Harry "Well at least your mum and your aunt would be proud of you. Come here Draco, we can't forget you too. I'm sure if your father was a normal person he too would be proud to call you his son."

"No sir, I'll stay right back here thank you very much." Draco replied. "Um Professor Snape, is he someone I should worry about?"

Remus said "No, you don't need to worry about Sirius. He's always this emotional when it comes to a good prank, especially since its about time Jamie followed in his footsteps."

"You people are strange." Draco said

"That may be true but I don't think I've seen you have this much fun before." Severus told him.

Sirius finally released the two boys after squishing them half to death the looked at the girls "Ann, you and the girls have outdone yourselves this time. I'm just as proud of you too but, I do have one request." He continued as he licked some of the goo off his fingers. "Next time you use food products, make sure that it is something edible. For some reason I am tasting a hint of hair gel here."

"You boys had better get cleaned up before you start to harden. Then as soon as you are done you can clean up the mess in my front room."

"But it's the middle of the night." Draco stated.

"And tomorrow is Sunday. You can all sleep in that way you won't get into any trouble."

"Uncle Sev, before we go back there. Where do you keep the shampoo?"

"It's in the shower where is belongs."

"You mean that was the only bottle?" Harry asked.

"What do you mean by was?"

"Um, nothing, nothing at all. Come on guys." Draco said as the boys scrapped the shampoo off the floor and ran back towards Severus' quarters.

"Do I need to ask where you girls got the supplies for your prank this evening?"

"Nope, we got them from the same place that the boys got theirs from." Ann proudly replied.

"Looks like you too were involved on this one Sev." Remus stated.

"Don't remind me."

"Why don't you girls go get cleaned up. I'm sure you would like to get rid of the shampoo that you are covered in. As soon as your done you can get this all cleaned up." Sirius said.

"Yes sir." They all replied.

"Siri, looks like it's about time for us to retire and let them take over."

"Sorry Moony but I'm not quite ready to retire just yet. I still owe Harry for what he did this evening."

To be continued...
End Notes:
Please Review
The big Change by Demonic Angel

~ October 7th ~

As the nighttime slipped away a dark cloaked figure sat on the other side of the forest. Finally an owl approached. Well it's about time I received word. They thought. The figure reached over and removed the parchment from the owl's leg. The owl tried biting at the figure and then immediately flew off.

*****************************

Dark One

As you requested I have been watching over the Malfoy boy. You would be pleased to know that he has made it easy to keep an eye on the others as well. The more time that passes the closer they are becoming although there is still hope. The Weasley boy has separated himself from the rest, I am unsure as to why but I will find out what his reasoning is.

Yours Faithfully.

*****************************

Wouldn't this really ruin all hoped for dear Lucius they thought I must inform the Dark Lord immediately.

*****************************

Harry woke up on Saturday morning with Draco and Jamie standing over him yelling, "Harry get your ass outta bed."

"It's Saturday! Leave me alone!"

"No!" Jamie said.

Harry threw his pillow at his cousin and covered his head with the blanket. "Get Out!"

"Harry, the girls are waiting. It's Hogsmeade weekend." Draco stated

"Why didn't you say so sooner."

"What do you think we've been yelling about for the past ten minutes?" Jamie asked

Harry just glared at his cousin. "Would you stop doing that it makes you look like Professor Snape when he removes points from you." Draco said as Harry turned and glared at him while Jamie smirked.

"Come on guys!" Ann bellowed from the other room.

"He just now decided to climb outta bed." Jamie replied

"Well fine then he can go in his underwear." Remus stated.

"Give me five minutes."

"Forget this, I'll get him." Bria said as she grabbed her camera and headed to Harry's room.

"Gabriella, Don't you da..." Remus started

"BRIA!" the boys all yelled as a flash went off.

"What's wrong? At least you have your pants on before dad drug you out of here."

"Yeah but barely."

"Next time I'll have to be quicker... Smile" she said as she snapped another photo.

"Get Her!" Harry yelled.

The boys all chased Bria into the front room trying to get the camera. The other girls quickly caught on when she tossed it to Ann. They all continued to play keep away until Remus caught it and chased them all out of his quarters.

When they finally got to Hogsmeade their first stop was Honeydukes then they met Fred and George at Zonko's to stock up on supplies. As they left the store they were unfortunate enough to not only run into Ron but also Cho.

"Ginny, what are you doing with Malfoy." Ron yelled.

"None of your business."

"It is my business when I see you hanging on him."

"I beg to differ dear brother. Besides you're one to talk, look who you're with."

"And what is wrong with Cho?"

"Other than she's a two-faced bitch whose boyfriends would rather be dead than stuck with her forever. Not a single thing." Harry replied

"Better watch what you say Potter."

"Why? What's wrong with the truth?"

"The only boyfriend that I had die was Cedric and you killed him!"

"You're right Harry. What is wrong with the truth? Maybe your new friend here needs to really know who your fath..."

"Back off Ron!"

"Harry didn't kill Cedric. Merlin, when are you going to let it rest." Hermione said.

"Probably when he goes to Azkaban for what he did."

"No I won't back off. It's about time everyone knew your dad's nothing but a no good Death Eater." Ron stated as he reached for his wand.

"Ron, don't say I didn't warn you. Expelliarmus!" Harry said. Ron went flying backwards while Harry caught his wand and gave it to George.

"Cho, if Chloe and her family have no problems with Harry then neither should you." Hermione said.

"Because none of them know what Ron has told me. At least not yet."

"Come on girls. I think it's time to have a talk with Miss Thing here." Ann said as she led Cho into the Three Broomsticks while the others followed behind.

Ron quickly rose to his feet, charged at Harry and once again the two had started fighting. Unfortunately before anyone pull them apart, McGonagall arrived. "Stupefy" she said. "Now I have seen enough of this from you two. Come with me now." And she led them back to the castle.

~ Three Broomsticks ~

The girls were all sitting at a table enjoying Butterbeer.

"Listen Cho, we know you have problems with Harry but you've got to stop." Hermione said.

"Why should I. Look at all the trouble he's caused."

"He's not the one causing trouble. You two are." Ann stated.

"Do you know what Ron told me about his father?"

"Seeing how Ann and Jamie are his cousins yes we do." Ginny said

"And you don't think that everyone needs to know. It's bad enough he manipulated the hat into placing him in Gryffindor."

"He didn't manipulate anything. He just asked not to go there." Bria stated.

"You mean he was suppose to be a Slytherin?" Hermione asked.

"That's what Ron said the hat's first choice was."

"And where did Mr. Weasley get this piece of information?" questioned Severus from the next booth.

"He said that Harry told him."

"Who else knew about this?"

"Just me. Harry told me while we were waiting for the train to arrive. He was still trying to piece everything together at that time.

All of a sudden Draco, Jamie, and the Weasley twins came running up to the table. "Come on, we have to go back to school. Ron started another fight but this time they got caught by McGonagall." George stated.

"Why didn't you two stop them?" Severus asked.

"We didn't get a chance to." Replied Fred

"Fine, I'll escort all of you back to school. I suppose you saw exactly how it happened?"

"Yes sir." The boys replied.

"Good I need you to tell your story to the headmaster."

*****************************

"Albus, may we enter?"

"Yes Minerva. What are you doing here? I thought you were in Hogsmeade with the children."

"Get in here you two! It seems that we have had some problems with these two while we were there."

Dumbledore looked over the two boys. "Well it was only a matter of time but we actually caught you two fighting. Do you care to tell me what has been going on?" The two boys just stared at the floor. "Ok does this have anything to do with Harry's new friends?"

silence

"Well either I receive an answer from you two or I will be forced to have you expelled. Either way your parents will be notified of your behavior."

"He has completely betrayed our house sir and he has done nothing but lie to everyone since he first came here."

"Mr. Weasley, how has Harry betrayed anyone?"

"By becoming friends with the Slytherins. He's even convinced my sister to start dating one of them."

"Oh you must mean Mr. Malfoy. To be honest I happen to think they are good for each other."

"I had nothing to do with Ginny and Draco. They've been making eyes at each other since the beginning of the term."

"My sister would never have started liking him if it weren't for you and your cousins."

"I beg to differ Mr. Weasley. I too have seen it but if my memory serves me correctly which it usually does. Then I must inform you that they actually noticed one another at the end of last year, before Mr. and Ms. Black ever arrived here. How do you feel that he has lied to everyone?"

"Making us think that he actually belongs in Gryffindor when he was suppose to have been placed in Slytherin. Also with hiding who his father really is all this time."

"Ron, again I beg to differ with you. Mr. Potter here..."

"He is NOT a Potter."

"Seeing how his mother was adopted by James' parents, yes he is. Now as I was saying. Unfortunately young Mr. Potter here had no idea about his true parentage until very recently. As for which house he was to be sorted into. Yes there was a strong possibility that he would have been placed into the Slytherin but because his mother was a Gryffindor and he carries her very strong traits as well it became a Harry's choice." Dumbledore continued. "Ah, Severus come on in. I suppose you are here regarding Harry?"

"Yes Albus we are. The children witnessed what happened in town."

"No need for that. I was just discussing this situation with the boys to find out what we can do to rectify this." Dumbledore stated. "Ron, I will still be notifying your parents regarding your behavior the past few weeks but you two have to make a decision that will be in the best interest of everyone. You two have one week to show me an improvement in your behavior towards one another."

"What will happen if they don't?" Hermione asked.

"Well if Mr. Weasley doesn't stop the fighting he will be expelled as for Harry, if he doesn't make an effort to start getting along with Ron again then we will have no choice but to transfer him to the Slytherin."

"Slytherin?" Fred questioned.

"But he can't go there, they'd destroy him." George stated.

"I don't quite think so. Afterall, Mr. Potter has proven to be able to get along with some of them also remember he does have a family member there already."

"Also Mr. Weasley, a word of advice. In regards to your sister's relationship with Mr. Malfoy here, that is to be determined by them alone. The only reason that there would be interference by a Professor is if we find that it is an abusive situation. Do I make myself clear?"

"Yes Sir."

"You may go now except for Ron and Cho. I believe that Professor Snape and I have something to discuss with them." Once everyone else left Albus looked at the two and said. "Ron, may I ask how many people you informed of Harry's true parentage?"

"Well um, there's Cho, but I'm not sure if my brothers or Draco caught on while in town today. Harry kept interrupting me."

"Ms. Chang. Have you informed anyone of what Ron told you?"

"Just Maxine and Jessica."

"You promised you wouldn't tell anyone." Ron said.

"You expect me to keep information like that from my room-mates? I don't think so."

"Albus, it will be all around the school by morning if it's not already."

Dumbledore sighed. "I know. Ron, do you realize the danger you have put Harry into? I thought you understood that the information was to be kept quiet."

"I know that's what was said but."

"I'm sorry Ron but there are no excuses for what you did and unfortunately the damage has been done. As your punishment for this I'm going to have to have you spend the next two weekends working with Mr. Filch again. As for you Ms Chang, you will also spend next weekend working with Mr. Filch. I am sure that Ms. Parkinson, Mr. Crabbe, and Mr. Goyle will enjoy having the additional help. You two are dismissed." Dumbledore stated. After the door was shut Albus turned to Severus and said. "Looks like you will have a transfer before the week is up. Think you will be up to it?"

"After the weekends that Remus, Sirius, and I have experienced it should be alright. Just as long as you don't find a way to transfer the girls as well. Besides now Slytherin will stand a better chance of beating Gryffindor at Quidditch."

"I know, Minerva is going to kill someone for this."

*****************************

The next day at lunch Ginny joined her friends including Ron who was separated from them by Neville and Dean. "Hey Ron, here comes Pig. Wow that's the fastest I have ever seen him fly."

Ron looked towards his tiny owl but all he noticed a bright red envelope headed straight for him and instantly Pig was on his way out of the room as quickly as possible. Ron immediately picked up the shaking Howler and ran out of the Great Hall trying to avoid the embarrassment. Unfortunately running down the staircase towards the castle entrance he tried avoiding Neville's toad, Trevor, and lost his balance instead causing him to tumble down the stairs. When he finally reached the bottom he wound up landing on his back with his left arm bent backward underneath him. The Howler immediately burst open above him and all anyone could hear was

"I HAVE NEVER RECEIVED SUCH A LETTER FROM YOUR SCHOOL AS I DID LAST NIGHT. HOW DARE YOU START FIGHTS IN SCHOOL MUCH LESS IN TOWN AND WITH HARRY OF ALL PEOPLE. NEVER HAVE ANY OF YOUR BROTHERS CAUSED YOUR FATHER AND I AS MANY PROBLEMS AS YOU ARE CAUSING THIS YEAR. IF I HEAR OF ONE MORE CASE OF YOUR SO-CALLED STAIRWELL DIVING ESCIPADES I WILL PERSONALLY MAKE SURE YOU WISHED YOU WERE SERVING DETENTION WITH MR. FILCH. YOU HAD BETTER CHANGE YOUR ATTITUDE QUICK MISTER BECAUSE IF YOU ARE EXPELLED THEN MR FILCH WILL SEEM LIKE A MERE KIDNERGARDEN TEACHER."

As the sounds echoed up the stairwell into the Great Hall the students quickly piled around the banister to get a good look at who had gotten the dreaded letter. Professor McGonagall immediately followed the students trying to get them back to their tables. When she looked down she noticed Ron lying on the first floor trying to call out "Help Please." But it was only a faint whisper. She then got Madame Pomphrey from the head table and together they took Ron to the hospital wing where they confirmed that in fact his arm was broken. Unfortunately since it was not an injury caused by magic Ron had to have a cast set on his arm but he was informed that it would only be there for a few weeks as long as he was more careful.

*****************************

While the commotion was going on with Ron and his Howler, Severus asked Harry, Draco, and Jamie to meet with him in his office along with Remus and Sirius as soon as they were done. With it being Sunday the only plans they had was to catch up on last minute homework and to be able to put that off a little longer they had no problems with. When the boys first arrived at Severus' office he asked Draco to remain in the classroom for a few minutes while he talked with the others. Luckily the information that Ron passed onto Cho and then onto her roommates, had not progressed as quickly as Severus was afraid of but he knew the time was going to be very soon. All of a sudden Sirius and Remus barged into the office. "Why is it that we have a bunch of third years that know about Harry?" Remus asked.

"What are you talking about? What is it that they know about me?" Harry asked.

"Hang on there Harry. This is why I have asked you boys to meet us today." Severus stated. "As it turns out, we do have a problem. Ron went ahead and let Cho know about Harry and I. Unfortunately the news did not stop there. Turns out that she went ahead and informed her roommates about it as well."

"You mean Maxine and Jessica? They are the two biggest mouths in this school." Harry stated

"That we are also aware of. Luckily the news is still just starting to be spread around but by tomorrow morning it will be common knowledge to everyone here. Harry I suggest that because of all this and if you are wanting to keep Draco's trust and friendship we are going to have to be the ones to tell him now."

"But what if he tells his father?"

"I really don't think he will. I know Draco and Lucius very well and I don't foresee him following in his father's footsteps anytime soon. Besides no matter what, Voldemort will still find out just through one of the other students which means Draco will need our help to keep his father away from him."

"Harry, trust us. We will do all we can to keep you away from Voldemort." Sirius stated

"But what about Uncle Sev?" Jamie asked

"With the dreams you guys have I'm sure we can keep enough tabs on any plans Voldemort may come up with and make proper arrangements for his safety." Remus said. "So are we ready to let Draco join us or will we be making him wait all night?"

"I'll go get him." Sirius said as he walked to the door.

"Do you know how to tell him?" Remus asked.

"Not exactly but it will come to me." Severus said.

"Can I be the one to tell him?" Harry asked.

Severus looked at Harry in shock "Yes, um of coarse you can. Are you sure you want to?"

"I don't see why not. I'm going to have to start answering a lot of questions for the next few days anyway. I might as well start now."

Just then the door opened and Draco entered with Sirius, "I was beginning to wonder what was going on in here."

"Draco, we need for you to have a seat we have some news to tell you." Remus said.

"Sure no problem. So what's up?"

Harry took a deep breath then said. "Over the next few days your going to hear something that um we thought you should hear from us first. Um...see um...back after our parents graduated it turns out that my mum never married James Potter nor did she even date him."

"Oh so not only are you the boy-that-lived but now your trying to tell me you are some sort of miracle child that appeared out of nowhere?"

"No now would you listen. I'm trying to say that um, well my mum was engaged to Professor Snape at one time. Well she was pregnant with me when they broke up so I guess you could say that he is my father."

Draco just glared at the two of them for a bit and then said. "Is that all you had to say?"

"Draco, you need to understand. Harry and Severus are letting you know their family secret to make sure that you realize that they feel they can trust you even though we all know that your own father is very big in Voldemort's circle and would do anything for this information." Remus stated.

"I understand but see it's something I already had figured out."

"What do you mean you already figured it out?" Sirius asked.

"I have been spending weekends at Professor Snape's for almost a month now. Did you actually think I wasn't going to look around the place? It was easy there was an old diary in his bookcase with a photo sticking out of it." Draco continued. "The only person in the photo I recognized was the professor so I went to the library and looked up the others in their old year book and that's when I found out that the girls in the photo were your mothers."

"And why didn't you let us know sooner?" Severus asked.

"I guess for the same reason that you guys decided to tell me tonight. I wanted to let you know that you could trust me. Besides I did drop hints now and then when I told Harry that he was doing something that reminded me of you when you discipline him in class."

"You know I'm beginning to like this kid more and more Sev. He is nothing like his dad." Sirius said.

"Well never thought I would see the day when Sirius would say that about a Malfoy." Remus said.

At that point they were interrupted by a knock at the door. "Professor Snape? May I speak with you please?" Ron said.

Remus walked over to the door and opened it just a crack. "The Professor is busy at this moment Ron, I'm sure he wouldn't mind speaking to you in the morning before breakfast."

"Alright, thank you Professor Lupin." Ron said as he left.

"Get me out of that room tonight. There is no way I am going to even try to get along with him after what he has done." Harry demanded.

"Are you sure Harry. You heard your only other option is to move into Slytherin and it will be a permanent placement." Severus said.

"After what he has done I really don't care. Either have me transferred tonight or I will going off to Azkaban tomorrow." Harry stated.

"Alright I will speak with Professor Dumbledore before dinner and have everything arranged." Severus stated.

"You're really going to transfer houses? What's everyone going to say?"

"Well it really doesn't matter now. People are going to talk anyway. Besides I would rather do it now than to have to wait until the end of the week trying to pretend that I can forgive Ron for this."

"So now that we have that all settled are you boys going to join us for dinner tonight?" Remus asked.

"What do you guys say? It's better than facing the glares and whispers in the hall tonight." Harry suggested.

"Sure we'll be there." Jamie said.

"Alright, you guys get going. If you happen to see the girls let them know to be a Sev's place at 6." Sirius said.

The boys then left and found the girls waiting for them in the Potions classroom. "So how did everything go?" Bria asked.

"It went good I think." Harry replied. "Wait a second, how did you guys know where to find us?"

"Bria was confronted by Chloe who heard about you from Cho's roommates. They pretty much had a House meeting and turned it into a special announcement for everyone there." Hermione said.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean for you to have even more problems there than you already do." Harry said.

"Don't worry about it. Chloe was pissed but she'll get over it." Bria said.

"Yeah you should have heard him stammering trying to figure out a way to tell me."

"You mean you didn't let them know you knew?" Ginny replied.

"You knew that he already knew the truth?" Harry asked.

"Who do you think suggested he look up the old year books?"

"Thanks a lot for the warning. I wouldn't have had to go through all that if I had known."

"You mean you actually told him? Dad said you would come around sooner or later." Bria said.

"Hey, he's not completely forgiven, Besides by the way people are already looking at all of us I had to at least admit it."

"Hey where's Ann?" Jamie asked.

"She's in the library with Ron working on homework." Hermione said. "By the way, we had better get ours finished."

"Can't I have to go and pack." Harry said

"Pack? What is going on?" Ginny asked.

"Because of your brother telling everyone I have asked to be transferred now instead of waiting."

"Harry have you really thought this through I mean look what you will be leaving." Hermione stated

"All I'm doing is moving to a different part of the castle. I'm not leaving school."

"What about Quidditch? You can't still be on the team." Said Ginny

"I know but maybe I can still play on the Slytherin team or at least be in the reserves."

"Come on let's drop it, besides it will just about kill Patsy and her goons. This may not be too bad afterall." Harry said as he thought more and more about what he was actually getting himself into.

*****************************

~ Later that evening near the Dungeons. ~

The kids all arrived at Severus' quarters. "So Harry, you completely packed up?"

"Yes sir."

"Good. Any problems with Mr. Weasley?"

"We haven't see him yet, he was in the library with Ann earlier. So what's going to happen now?"

"Well other than getting you settled in and trying to stop any extended rumors, all we can do is wait to see what happens. But be prepared to expect anything. Are you sure you're ready to handle all of this? It may be harder than you think."

"I'm sure."

"I spoke to Professor McGonagall this afternoon. She was quite upset that you are moving out. Although it probably was only because she was losing her star seeker."

"She'll get over it. As long as they move Ginny up from the reserve position they'll have a good chance."

"Why didn't you tell me you were the reserve?" Draco asked.

"I never thought Harry would be missing any games much less leaving the team all together."

"Well don't expect me to go easy on you."

"Don't worry, in fact I'm actually looking forward to the challenge."

Just then Sirius, Remus, Dannie and Ann arrived. "Dinner's here!" Ann announced as she walked in the door.

"About time" said Jamie

"You guys go ahead to the table while Sirius and I serve." Remus stated.

"I think I'll get my own." Harry said.

"Sit your tail down with the rest of them." Sirius ordered.

Harry just looked at his uncle trying to keep him in sight as much as possible as he headed into the other room.

"Sirius will you just go ahead and get even with the boy and get it over with." Remus said.

"Are you kidding? I'm having too much fun tormenting him by making him wait. Although I thought he would have dropped his guard by now."

"Don't you think he's got enough to worry about now as it is without you keeping this up?" Remus asked.

"Not really. He can handle it."

"But you have him constantly looking over his shoulder."

"Yeah but at least he's keeping his guard up for anything that just may happen." Stated Severus.

"He's still just a kid though. Give him a break."

"Fine! You guys are no fun anymore." Sirius said. He then sneaked up behind Harry and mumbled something as he put the plates of food on the table infront of Harry and Draco then he joined the adults back in the other room. "Sev, I hope you have plenty of water around."

"Come on now. You couldn't come up with something more original? You pulled that same stunt on me back when we were kids."

"Well you guys wanted me to get it over with and what do you expect at the last minute. Besides it was great, you were so afraid of eating anything for a week."

"I remember. I wound up in the infirmary from it too."

"Well don't worry, I only cast it to last a few days'

Just then Ann walked in. "Dad, what did you do to Harry's food?"

"What makes you think I would do anything to his food?"

"Come on dad, he knows you just as well as the rest of us do. He's in there trying to con Draco into changing plates with him."

"Your dad didn't do anything to his food." Severus said as he handed her a pitcher of water. "Here do me a favor and put this at the table infront of him."

Ann looked at the pitcher then her father and said "Not again!" As she walked back into the dining room.

"You have got to get some new pranks." Remus said.

"Hey I was doing just fine before you guys told me to end it."

"Yeah right. Whatever you say." Severus said.

*****************************

After dinner and about 10 pitchers of water it was time for everyone to back to their different houses. When Severus arrived back at the Slytherin House with the three boys Patsy, Crabbe and Goyle greeted them. "What is he doing here?" she asked.

"He has been transferred here due to some behavior problems he was having back in the Gryffindor tower."

"Just watch your back Potter. Or you will wish that it was Weasley that you were still fighting with."

"Ms. Parkinson, I suggest you and your friends refrain from fighting anyone else whom is a member of this house or the three of you will find yourselves moving into the Gryffindor house. Do I make myself clear?"

"You wouldn't dare."

"Try me." Severus said as he glared at the girl.

*****************************

The next morning when the three boys arrived for breakfast, stares and whispers quickly greeted them. "Looks like everyone knows now." Draco stated.

"I've noticed." Harry sighed.

Fred and George quickly ran up to the Slytherin table. "Harry, is it true?" asked Fred.

Harry just nodded. "Why didn't you at least tell us?" questioned George.

"I didn't want to admit it myself at first but also because.."

"Well I can't blame you for not wanting to announce it but to make us hear about it from those big mouthed Ravenclaws. You could have at least warned us." Fred stated.

"I wish I could of but it was suppose to remain a secret for safety reasons."

"At least tell us why you decided to transfer houses right away." George said

"I just felt it was better than risking another fight with your brother."

"Mum defiantly took care of that yesterday. Didn't you hear the Howler she sent?" asked Fred.

"I didn't hear it but I heard all about it. Besides there still would have been another fight."

"Well if you ever need anything just ask. Besides this is cool, now we have a contact who can get us into the Slytherin to do some redecorating."

"That I will have to think about guys." Harry said with a smirk.

"Don't you even consider letting those two in. I have seen their decorating techniques." Severus said as he walked by overhearing the conversation.

"Come on professor, not even to get a look around make sure that our buddy is being taken care of?"

"Not even a peek through the portal." Severus stated.

"Sorry guys." Harry said.

"Don't worry about it, we'll find another way before we graduate."

"Don't you mean if you graduate?" Snape asked.

"We'd better going, we'll see you later Harry." The boys said as they ran off back to their table.

"You didn't think I would really let them in did you?"

"Let's just say sometimes I wouldn't put it past you." Severus smirked.

"Some family trust we have around here, geesh."

"Get use to it."

Harry just glared as he watched his father continue onto the head table.

To be continued...
End Notes:
Please Review
First Steps by Demonic Angel

"Lucius, step forward!"

Stepping forward he bowed before Voldemort. "Yes my Lord. How may I be of service?"

"Did I not instruct you to have your child keep an eye on Severus?"

"Yes my Lord you did. From what I understand he has been following your orders."

"What new information has he provided you with?"

"None as of yet my Lord."

"I am extremely disappointed with you Lucius. You have been too soft on the boy."

"My Lord, I have been training him non-stop during the holidays so that he may service you well."

"Have you bothered to check on the company he keeps?"

"He associates only with those whom shall also service you, my Lord."

"Liar! Crucio!" Voldemort continued as removed the curse. ""I have since received work that young Draco has befriended Potter and his companions."

"My Lord, they are mistaken. The child would never betray you."

"Once again you lie. Crucio!" Voldemort cursed once again. "I have heard this from numerous sources. Are you trying to tell me that everyone here is lying?"

"No my Lord."

"I was expecting that since he has become so close to Potter then you would have at least redeemed your family name by informing me of the other information that I have received."

Lucius didn't reply.

"I am highly disappointed in you. I am beginning to question your loyalty to me."

"My Lord, I have remained ever faithful."

"Then why did you not inform me that our friend, Severus, is actually the true father of the boy." Voldemort cursed Lucius once again, each time stronger and longer than the time before.

"My Lord, I will deal with Draco and he will pay for his disobedience to you."

"I expect no less from you. If I receive further information that puts your loyalty in question I shall see fit to end your feeble existence."

"Yes my Lord."

"Lucius, just one more reminder of your disobedience. CRUCIO" This time Voldemort left the curse on him for about 5 minutes waiting for Lucius to finally scream with pain but instead he only became unconscious.

*****************************

Harry work up from his vision and noticed Draco wrenching back and forth in his sleep. "Draco wake up." Harry noticed there was no response from his roommate.

"Jamie, wake up."

"What's wrong?"

"Watch Draco I'm getting Snape." Harry stated as Jamie looked over at his friend and immediately noticed what was going on. He grabbed his wand and immediately ran to Severus' quarters. When he arrived he noticed the door was locked so he started pounding on it but unfortunately there was no answer. Harry then pointed the wand at the door and said "Alohomora!" The door immediately unlocked and Harry went running into his father's bedroom. "Sir, Sir, Wake up!"

The boy standing over his bed shaking him startled Severus awake. "Harry, calm down. What's wrong?"

"It's Draco, Voldemort knows and was punishing his father and...and..."

"Ok, ok, calm down. Tell me where he is."

"He's in our dorm room."

"Ok, I need you to go wake up Madame Pomphrey. If I'm correct then Draco's going to need some medical attention."

"Yes sir." Harry said as he ran as fast as he could to the hospital wing while Severus ran to the fifth year boy's dorm.

"Draco, Draco. Wake up." Still as before there was no response.

"Uncle Sev, if he gonna be alright?"

Severus looked over the boy "I'm not sure, looks like Voldemort was quite upset with his father."

"But why?"

"He most likely believes that because of Draco's actions the past few weeks, Lucius has been disloyal to him."

"But to put that strong of a curse on him? He never cursed you that much did he?"

"That is because Lucius is a higher rank than I. Also Draco and Harry have a stronger connection to Voldemort through Lucius and I and as they get older it will continue to increase until they receive their marks." Severus stated as he picked up the boy. "I'm going to get him to Poppy, you get on back to bed. We don't need you missing any classes tomorrow."

"Yes, sir."

Severus carried Draco to the infirmary where Pomphrey and Harry were waiting. "I need you two to wait out in the hall. I have already notified Dumbledore and he is on his way here."

The two nodded and left the room. Finally Dumbledore approached. "Harry, I need you to tell us exactly what you saw."

"Well, there was a meeting and Voldemort called Mr. Malfoy before him. He started accusing him of betraying him. When Mr. Malfoy denied it he cursed him and said that he knew that Draco was friends with the rest of us. Mr. Malfoy then stated how he would be taking care of Draco and then Voldemort cursed him again only stronger."

"You heard all this?" Dumbledore asked.

"Well, no. With all the dreams and visions I've had, I have been learning how to read lips."

"Why didn't you inform us of this sooner?"

"Because I'm not always sure if what I was reading was correct or not."

"Are you sure this time?" Severus asked.

"After seeing Draco go through that, yes sir I am."

Albus looked over at Severus, "Looks to me like we've come up with some additional help here."

"Only as long as Voldemort doesn't realize how much Harry is actually capable of."

Madame Pomphrey entered the hallway and everyone looked over at her. "Before you ask I will let you know. I have done all that I can for him. Looks like he's going to have to fight the rest of the way on his own."

"How bad is he?" Harry asked.

"It's going to be a rough night and he needs plenty of rest. Don't worry, he's just sleeping right now but he's going to be in a lot of pain the next few days.:

"I have to go let Ginny know."

"Harry you can't. It's the middle of the night and you don't live there anymore.' Dumbledore stated.

"Yeah, but..."

"I'm sorry Harry but I cannot allow you to go in there. At least you were there for Draco, otherwise we wouldn't have known until morning." Dumbledore stated.

Severus glanced at his son and said, "Come on, maybe Professor McGonagall will bring her out of her dorm. I will talk with her."

Harry smiled, "Thank you."

"No thank you for deciding to transfer houses. Looks like it just may be better for everyone."

"Well maybe."

When they reached McGonagall's office Severus quickly explained the situation to Minerva whom then went to get Ginny from her dorm. Ginny quickly came down and the two professors let Harry explain to Ginny what had happened to Draco. "May I go see him?" she asked.

"I'm sorry Miss Weasley, Mr Malfoy is sleeping and needs his rest right now. Although I do not see why you wouldn't be able to visit in the morning." Severus replied. "Mr Potter, It's getting late. I need to get you back to your dorm then I'll go and make sure Mr Malfoy is alright."

"Alright. Gins, I'll see you in the morning."

Ginny sniffled, "Alright."

"Hey, don't worry. He'll be ok." Harry tried reassuring her. Ginny just nodded and she went back up to her room while Severus and Harry headed back to the dungeons.

Nothing was said between the two during the walk back until finally they reached the portal. "Are you going to be alright?"

"Sir?"

"Professor Lupin said you have been having problems sleeping. I can only conclude that it's due to your visions. Will you be alright?"

"It's due to some nightmares not the visions. But I think I'll be alright."

"Alright, if you are sure. If you need anything, you know where you can find me."

"Um, yes sir. Thank you." Harry said as he entered his dorm. As he lay in his bed he could not stop thinking of how much things had changed. Snape was starting to treat him as he did over the summer or even on weekends. It was unnerving for Harry to see him this way, especially around others. He quickly dismissed it as part of his job as Head of the house. Harry soon fell into a very restless sleep.

*****************************

Severus returned to the hospital wing to check on Draco before returning to his quarters. As he approached the room Dumbledore greeted him. "Ah Severus, I thought you would return tonight."

Severus stood and stared into the room through the window in the door. "Has there been any improvement?"

"I am glad to say there has. His heart rate has returned to normal now and he is finally sleeping as peacefully as to be expected. I cannot comprehend how Voldemort could have had so many followers when they were inflicted with this much pain at such a young age."

"It's always been a means to make them/us stronger. Unfortunately with him being gone for so long the boys haven't grown accustom to it."

"It's still not right." Stated Dumbledore. "By the way, How is Harry adjusting to everything?"

"That is hard to say. He spends most of his time with his friends or Remus and Sirius. We are barely ever alone to talk so I'm not quite sure. I still don't think he will ever accept the truth but also I cannot blame him either."

"Well he did go to you for help tonight, did he not?"

"I'm his Head of House, who else would he turn to?"

"There were many nights he use to come directly to me instead of Minerva. It seems as he is trying, just let him do this in his own time and you will continue to see a difference."

"And if he doesn't come around?"

"He will. He just comes from two very stubborn parents who if I remember right also had problems adjusting to their new guardians at one point."

"I remember, I'm surprised that cat they had survived all the curses I threw at it." Severus smiled "I'll never forget Lily's face when she saw it had a head on each end and it was trying to run in two different directions. She didn't talk to me for weeks after that."

Dumbledore smiled "See what I mean. You finally came around and so will he. Now why don't you head back to the dungeons. There is nothing more you can do for Mr. Malfoy tonight."

Severus looked in the room once again then nodding he left. When he entered his chambers he started looking through his bookcase for something to read when he came across Lily's diary. He flipped through the pages then stared at the photo again this time smiling at the memory. Finally while holding the two in his hand he turned and left heading back to the dungeons. Once he arrived Severus heard some mumbling coming from the fifth year boy's dorm. I will kill those two if they dare to touch the boys. He thought. Severus quickly and quietly proceeded to the doorway but found Crabbe, Goyle, and Jamie all sleeping peacefully. He stood in the doorway listening for the sounds again, just when he was about to turn away they started up. Severus looked at the boys again but this time noticed they were coming from Harry. He must be having one of his nightmares. He approached Harry's bed, pulled the scattered covers back over him then placed his hand on his forehead. Harry quit tossing at that point so Severus quickly placed the book on the nightstand and went back to his own room.

The presence hovering over him startled Harry but he was afraid to move or even show that he was awake. When he noticed it gone he sat up and saw the professor leaving. He then glanced at his nightstand and saw his mother's diary sitting there then he glared at the doorway once again. "He stops by every night since you moved in." Jamie said.

"But why?"

"You tell me, why do you think he does?" Jamie mumbled as he went back to sleep not waiting for an answer.

Harry picked up the diary and took the picture out from between the pages, this time there was another photo along with it. He watched the photo of what looked like a barbecue. There were three small children covered with barbecue sauce. Two of them were fighting (had to be his cousins) while the third clumsily wobbled over with a messy rib bone in his hand and climbed onto a man's lap. Harry then turned the photo over and it said First Steps, September 1986. When he watched the photo again he noticed that the smiling man the child climbed on was Snape. Harry placed the photo back into the book and went back to sleep, this time without the nightmares.

*****************************

~A few days later~

The kids were once again sitting in the stands of the pitch this time watching the Slytherin team practice. When it was over with they were looking for something to do to pass the time. "You guys up for something different?" Jamie asked.

"What have you got in mind?" asked Ginny.

"How about football, guys against the girls."

"And you think that we would be able to tackle you guys?" Bria asked.

"Nah, we played all the time back home. It was guy tackle girl touch. We're going to need more players though." Ann said.

"I'll go get the ball, Ginny, you get Fred and George, and Bria why don't you get Chloe. Meet us back in the courtyard." Jamie said. Everyone went his or her different ways including Draco whom went with Jamie to get out of his gear. Finally they met at the courtyards and Jamie pointed out the boundaries and goal lines.

Finally the game got started and as it proceeded other friends finally joined in on it as well. After awhile of the guys just letting the girls have the ball so they could tackle them it was thrown to Bria. As she raced for the goal line Harry tried picking her up and running the opposite way when he heard a growl. He no longer was watching where he was going and went right into the hedges. "What did you do that for?" yelled Bria.

"I thought I heard your father growling at me again."

"Get your hearing checked, that was me."

"Why did you growl at me?"

"I was two feet from the goal line. What did you expect me to do?"

"Well I didn't expect you to growl. Give me your hand, I'll help you up." Harry then pulled Bria out of the center of the hedges "Where's the ball?"

Bria kissed him on the cheek and whispered. "Turn around.' When Harry did he noticed that Chloe was on the other end of the goal line jumping up and down cheering.

"Guys come here" Harry called out. "Jamie this is great tackling them and all but we got an audience now and we can't lose to them."

"Come on boys, are you gonna play or admit your defeat already?" Ann called out.

"We were just having fun before, your in trouble now sis."

"Oh you think so huh? Ok then, how about if the losers make dinner for the winners?"

"Wait a second. That's fine for you guys, you don't eat in the hall on weekends. What about the rest of us?" stated Lavender.

Ann thought for a moment. "They get to be your personal waiters or you their personal waitresses. Is everyone in agreement?"

Everyone thought about it and agreed so they continued on with the game as it progressed late into the afternoon and half the students and professors were gathered around watching the fun. As time went on they were tied at 21 each when Ginny caught the ball once again and as she started running Draco immediately tackled her knocking her to the ground on her back. When she went to get up he was straddling her smiling until he heard his name called out by a very familiar voice. Draco immediately jumped to his feet standing at attention as his father made his way through the crowd. "So are the rumors true or has my son just found a temporary play thing?" Lucius asked as he looked from his son down to Ginny who was still on the ground. Harry and Jamie went and stood behind Draco as the girls tried helping Ginny off the ground. Lucius looked at Ginny a little closer using his snake head cane to lift her chin upwards. "Well looks like Weasley has finally produced something that just may bring a decent wage, as long as she is trained properly."

As the kids stared at the man circling them when a snarl escaped from Bria. Lucius looked her up and down reaching out to touch her hair. "I have heard plenty about you my dear. Such beautiful fur you have unlike your father." Lucius glanced at Remus who had just arrived and was being held back by Sirius. "I am sure your pelt would bring in quite a tidy sum."

"Leave her alone." Ordered Harry as he stepped between the two.

"Mr. Potter, is that actually you? I hardly even recognized you with your new look. If I hadn't seen it for myself I would have never believed that your father of all people would pollute his family lineage with a Mudblood whore."

"You leave them out of this." Harry said.

"My dear boy, they are very much a part of this. But that doesn't matter anymore. You will do so well when it is your time to ser..."

"Lucius!"

"Ah, Severus. My old friend. I can see now that congratulations are in order."

"Harry, you and your friends head back to my quarters now." Severus said, "Thank you Lucius. Now I must ask, why are you here?"

"I have come to have a private talk with my son and check up on his progress this term." Lucius held out his cane blocking Draco from leaving with the others.

"In regards to Draco's progress, he has improved quite well. He is one of the top students in his class. As for this private talk you wish to have with him, I suggest you use my office but only after you remove your hand from the boy's neck."

Lucius agreed and Severus led them onto his office. Once there he unlocked the door and let them in while he waited in the classroom. Once the office door was closed Remus and Sirius entered the classroom. "Sev, do you realize what you are doing to that boy?" Sirius asked.

Severus listened to Lucius yell at his son and then Draco scream out in pain. "Yes I do. Something that should have been done along time ago."

"I can't believe you are just going to sit there and let him torture the boy." Remus said.

"I'm not just doing nothing, now if you would keep your voice down you will soon see why."

Draco screamed again and soon after Lucius opened the office door and started heading out of the room. "Severus, I do appreciate the use of your office. I am sure we will see each other again soon."

"One moment Lucius. I think it's time that you and I had a talk." Severus said. " I believe that for Draco's safety he would be better off staying here at the school during the holidays. Accio recorder."

"Why would I agree to something like that?"

"Well I do have something that I'm sure the Ministry would be very interested in."

"And what would that be?"

"This little item. It's something I took from Ms. Black during class the other day. It's a Muggle recording device that she charmed to work here on the grounds." Severus continued. "I'm sure there are people out there that would be very interested in knowing that someone of your stature would not only use Unforgivable curses, but that you use them on your own child."

"Fatherhood has definitely made you weak Severus. The Dark Lord will hear of your actions."

"That I do not doubt at all. Good-day Lucius." Severus said as he glared at his former housemate. Lucius turned and immediately stormed out of the school and off the grounds. As soon as he was gone Sev let out a deep sigh.

"Sev, what did you just do?" Remus asked.

"I stopped him." He replied as he helped Draco back to his quarters.

"Do you realize that you just put yourself at more of a risk now. Once Voldemort hears of this.."

"You can save the speech Black, I am quite aware of what could happen now."

When they reached Severus' quarters they noticed Ginny waiting in the corridor. "Ginny, why are you out here?" Remus asked.

"Well everyone is over at Bria's and I wanted to wait to see if Draco was alright."

"I'm fine Ginny. I just need some rest. Sort of over did it today I guess." Draco lied.

"Ok, if you're sure. I guess I'll see you later."

As Ginny started walking away Draco grabbed her hand and pulled her back. "What no goodnight kiss?" Ginny just stared at him. "Hey, forget about my father, he doesn't know what he's talking about. I would never see you that way."

"I know." She said as she gave him a quick kiss then went onto join the others.

As soon as Severus got Draco settled in and gave him some Dreamless Sleep potion he collapsed into his chair. He started rubbing his temple when there was a knock at the door. "Come in" he grumbled.

"Sorry sir, I'll come back later."

Severus looked up and noticed Harry standing in the open door. "No, come on in. It's alright."

"I just wanted to tell you. Um, Uncle Sirius told us what happened and I um, wanted to say thanks. That was pretty cool of you."

Severus glared at the boy. "Pretty cool huh? Sounds like you've been hanging around with your cousin a bit too much." Harry just shrugged. "I suppose I should say thank you for the compliment."

"They also wanted me to let you know that dinner is just about ready."

"Fine, let's get over there then."

To be continued...
End Notes:
Please Review
Superstitions by Demonic Angel

~ October 31st ~

"Merry Samhain students! This evening after dinner we will be holding festivities for the 1st - 3rd year students in here if you would like to participate. As for the older students, we will be having a bon fire down by the lake." Dumbledore announced during lunch. "For those who do not wish to partake in this evenings festivities please make sure you notify your head of house. That is all."

"So are you guys going out there tonight?" Ann asked.

"Defiantly. I wouldn't miss it." Bria said

Harry looked at her "Looks like I am, but don't expect me to dance."

"That's fine. What about you guys?" Bria asked as Hermione and Ginny looked at the boys. "I guess we had better." Jamie stated.

"Like we had any choice to begin with." Draco said.

"Oh you had a choice." Ginny smiled, "Either you go with me or you stay here and I go with Neville again."

"You wouldn't dare."

Ginny just smiled and Harry said "I wouldn't push it if I were you. She's gone with him before."

"Fine then, I'm going."

"Well don't do it just for my sake."

"I'm not, I'm doing it for mine. Besides it's got to be better than being stuck in the common room all night."

Bria glanced at her watch. "Ginny, we'd better run or we're going to be late."

"You don't want to be late for class today. There is no doubt that Uncle Sev is in a bad mood." Ann said.

"No kidding, here it is a holiday and he's giving us an exam." Ginny complained.

"Could be worse, he could decide to be the only one to hold classes tomorrow and still give you the exam." Jamie stated.

"Don't say that too loud, he just may hear you and think it's a good idea." Harry commented.

"He wouldn't dare, especially with the match tomorrow." Draco said

"You never know. He has been known to do stranger things." Hermione replied. "By the way, how are you holding up today Harry?"

"It started out bad but it's getting better"

Bria pulled Hermione aside, "What is wrong that everyone is so gloomy today? Especially with the celebration tonight."

"Nobody told you what today is?"

Bria was puzzled "No, what is it?"

"Today is the anniversary of his mum's death. I can't believe your dad didn't say anything."

"Well he was sort of out of it when I saw him this morning, he didn't even say hello."

"Well I suppose they are all out of it today. Just don't get on anyone's bad side."

"Bria, come on we have to run now." Ginny said and the two girls ran off to class."

 

*****************************Later that night after dinner the kids stopped by the Great Hall on their way outside. They younger students had tables filled with all sorts of candy, a huge punch bowl and a variety of different pastries. There were apple bobbing contests, relay races, pumpkin carving and tons of other activities. When they arrived outside they noticed the huge fire circle. They had a table packed with the similar treats but only difference was that they had Butterbeer to drink.

 

After Jamie, Hermione, Draco, Ginny, and Ann had their share of dancing they joined Harry and Bria at the table. Finally as the night went on they were getting a little bored so they decided to leave the celebration and took a walk around the grounds. Before they knew it they were on the edge of the forest between Hagrid's hut and the castle. Bria looked at the two buildings then said "Hang on. There is something I need to do tonight." And she ran to the backside of the small hut.

"Where is she going?" Ginny asked.

"I have no idea but we had better go find out." Harry said.

When they caught up to Bria they found her sitting on the ground taking off one of her shoes. "What are you doing?" Draco asked.

"It's a for good luck. You throw your shoe over a house in the evening of Samhain and if you make it over without hitting the roof then you will have good luck all year."

"And if you don't make it?" Jamie asked.

"You try again as long as you don't loose them on the roof. Hagrid's hut is the smallest building here so it shouldn't be too hard." She replied.

"He'll kill us if he finds out." Harry said.

"No he won't. I saw him heading to the fire with your dad. Come on give it a try."

"Too easy" stated Draco as he pulled out his wand.

"No magic allowed. You have to throw it." Bria warned him.

"Well I guess we could use all the luck we can get, especially for tomorrows match." Ginny stated

"Nervous Gins?" asked Ann.

"Just a little I guess."

"You'll be fine, I watched you play your brothers and you held up quite well against them." Hermione said.

"Yeah I know but we didn't have the whole school watching."

"Give it a shot, what have you got to lose?" Ann asked. Ginny threw her shoe at the hut but instead of it going over it, it hit the center point and bounced back down. Pretty soon as the kids started throwing their shoes but nobody completely cleared it. As the group was behind the building trying to accomplish this task; Hagrid, Remus, and Sirius arrived for a quick visit. As they sat and reminisced, Remus kept hearing a thumping sound but ignored it figuring that it was probably one of the many creatures that Hagrid kept as a pet.

At one point during this, one of Jamie's shoes got stuck on the roof so before they continued to try to get them over, they started trying to knock it back down.. It didn't take long before it came tumbling down back to him. Not too much longer the group was starting to grow tired of the and accept their destined constant bad luck when all of a sudden Hermione tossed her shoe one last time and she actually cleared it. Unknown to any of the kids, Severus was at the front door to the hut looking for the group when he was hit in the head. The girls started cheering that someone finally made it and the boys were then more determined that they weren't going to be outdone, so they continued.

Hagrid heard Severus at the door and invited him in. Sirius looked at the man carrying the girl's shoe and said with a smirk "Sev, is there something you wanted to tell us?"

"The kids weren't at the fire so I came by here looking for them when I was attacked by this shoe."

"Did you see anyone?" Remus asked.

"No but I thought I heard voices, that's when Hagrid opened the door."

"Let's go have a look around." Sirius said. As the guys left the hut, six more shoes came flying at them, some were bouncing off the roof. The guys then looked at each other and picked up the shoes off the ground. Hagrid, you mind if we stay a little while longer?"

"Of coarse not, come on in."

"Would you do us a favor and turn out the lantern though?" Remus asked.

"What are you up to?"

"We need to find out who these belong to. I'm sure they'll be back looking for them." Severus said.

Hagrid nodded and did what was asked. The guys sat in the hut and listened for the culprits.

outside

"I know we did it that time. We had to have. I don't see them on the roof" Said Bria.

"But if we made it then were are they?" asked Ginny

"I don't know."

"Um, you guys. The fire is out, we're going to miss bed checks." Said Hermione."Come on we have to go." Stated Jamie

"But our shoes!" cried Ginny.

inside

"Hold up Remie, make them worry. We'll see in the morning who's missing shoes." Sirius stated.

outside

"We will have to come back at daybreak to search. Don't worry everyone will still be sleeping." Bria said.

"Alright, but these are the only ones that I have"

"Don't worry Gins, we will find it."

"We had better or I won't be able to play tomorrow." The kids then ran back to the castle and up to their dorms trying to avoid as many questioning eyes as possible.

Severus looked at the others with a wicked smirk. "Ok Sev, what are you thinking?" asked Remus.

"Just how Gryffindor is going to be out a couple of teammates tomorrow."

Sirius looked at the expensive shoe in his hand. "Looks like Slytherin just maybe out their seeker as well."

"This is going to be one interesting match." Remus said.

"Don't worry we will give them back." Severus said.

"Before the game I hope."

"That we will have to wait and see."

 

*****************************First thing in the morning the kids all met outside Hagrid's hut again and started looking frantically. "You guys, we cannot spend all day running around like this. They have to be here somewhere." Ann stated.

 

Just then Hagrid stepped outside to start his ground-keeping duties. "Morning 'Arry. The lot of you is up awfully early."

"Morning Hagrid. You didn't happen to find anything out here did you?"

"Sorry no, what are you looking for?" Then he looked at their feet. "Blimey, you do know that you're all missing your shoes don't you?"

"Um yea. That's what we were hoping to find this morning." Jamie said

"What would they be doing out here?"

"Someone had the bright idea of tossing them over your roof for luck." Draco stated as he glared at Bria.

"Hey I'm not the one who threw your shoe. That was your own doing."

"It was still your idea."

"You didn't have to do it too."

"Now now. Arguing isn't going to help you find them is it?"

"No" the two said in unison.

"Ok then. Maybe someone else found them and took them inside. They'll turn up. Besides you need to get to breakfast, some of you have a big game today."

"Hagrid's right you guys, they have to show up sooner or later." Jamie stated.

They then headed back into the castle and onto breakfast. "I never realized how many people don't watch where they step. I swear my foot was stomped on three time already." Hermione said.

"I know what you mean. Thanks a lot Bria. Some luck this is bringing us." Ginny whined.

"It could be worse." Bria said as they entered the Great Hall. Unfortunately as soon as they stepped in the noticed their fathers standing right next to the door. "I was wrong, it's worse."

"Care to tell me where you were last night?" Severus asked.

"We were at the bon fire with everyone else. You saw us." Harry replied.

"I mean after that. Where did you all go?"

"We were over at Hagrid's."

That's funny, so were we." Sirius said. "Unfortunately we didn't see you there."

"Well um, we." Harry stammered.

"Where are your shoes?" Remus asked

"We can't find them." Replied Bria

"All of you? Awfully funny that just the seven of you happen to be the only ones missing shoes out of this whole school." Sirius stated.

"I know but someone took them. We threw them over Hagrid's hut then when we went to get them they were gone." Ann said.

"Why were you throwing shoes over Hagrid's hut?" asked Severus

"Well we did it for good luck. I would have used a different building but the castle is to high and.."

"Ever think you may have possibly hit somebody whom happened to be standing on the other side." Severus said as he glared at them.

"Everyone else was at the celebration...oops." Harry said as he realized.

"Oops? Is that all you have to say?" Severus asked.

"Harry looked at Sirius and Remus, "Sorry if I hit you guys."

"Your shoe missed us but, it seems your father was the first attacked." Remus replied.

Hermione bit her bottom lip as the girls giggled quietly and Severus glared at her. "Am I to understand that you are the owner of this shoe Miss Granger?" he questioned as he pulled out a shoe from the pocket of his robes.

"Yes sir."

"If any of you would like to receive your shoes back then you must turn in a three foot..."

"Severus" Remus snapped

"What? They need to learn."

"And what about the match?" asked Sirius.

"She is not on either team, besides I am quite confident that she can handle it."

"And if the others don't complete it?" Remus asked.

"Then they don't play."

"Still, don't you think that it's a bit much for the few hours they have before the match?" asked Sirius.

"We could always send them to work with Filch along with Pansy, Crabbe, and Goyle."

"We'll do the essay." They all said in unison.

"You don't even know what it's on."

"Knowing you it's in regards to some sort of strange potion or another new use of Dragon's blood." Harry stated.

"Well you happen to be mistaken there. In fact it happens to be on superstitions and where they originated from along with their accuracy."

"Well at least we know of one that isn't too accurate." Draco said as Bria glared at him.

"Remember you did not have to follow along with it." Bria spat.

"Draco, give it a rest or we will never get this done." Harry said.

"Fine."

 

*****************************

 

~ Later that morning in the library ~

 

"Are you guys having any luck?" Jamie asked.

"Some but not that much." Replied Ginny

"How in the hell does he expect us to come up with a three foot essay when there is hardly any information in here." Hermione asked.

"I'm not sure. Bria, where did you learn about that one from last night?" asked Ann

"It's just something my mom and I did every year."

"You mean there's no accuracy behind it?" Jamie questioned.

"Well sort of. Last year was the first time I was actually able to get my shoe over our roof and then I wound up here. I was considering that lucky."

"Not for us" Draco mumbled as Harry glared at him.

"So you are saying that before then your life was unlucky?" asked Ginny

"I didn't say that. But, I did get into a lot of trouble back home."

"And you are still getting into trouble. So your point is?" Draco spat.

"I'm not in as much trouble here. That is my point."

"No, your just not getting caught as much." Came a voice from behind.

Bria turned around. "Oh, hi mom."

"I heard about last night. I'm glad you are keeping up with our tradition but, don't you think you should have warned someone?"

"Everyone was at the fire. I didn't think there would have been any problems."

"You should have at least told someone where you were going though. If you had done that then Severus wouldn't have been hit."

"You don't know that."

"I know he wouldn't have been at the hut looking for all of you."

"This is true."

"Miss Dannie, we can't find much on superstitions in the books much less the one Bria showed us. Could you tell us how you learned of it?" Hermione asked.

"I can tell you that it's been a tradition that I learned from my granny but, as for where she learned it. I'm not sure. Knowing her it was just a game she or her own mom made up."

"That was just a game? But Bria said.." Jamie started.

"Well you know how quickly rumors and games can change every time the stories or directions are told. Some games one-day wind up being considered superstitions. Besides, didn't you have fun meeting the challenge?"

"Well sort of but, it would have been more fun to have seen Snape hit with the shoe."

"Harry!" spat Ginny

"What?"

"That's your dad."

"So, doesn't mean it wouldn't have been funny to have seen."

"There, I'm done. How about you two?" Ginny said

"Hang on, ok there." Replied Ann.

"I'll see you two on the field." Stated Draco.

The three of them ran off just in time to get their shoes back and head onto the match while the others finished up their assignments.

 

*****************************

 

"Hello and welcome to the first match of the new season! As you know last year Quidditch was cancelled due to the Tri-Wizards Tournament. So we have plenty of new team members and, here comes the Slytherins!" Boo's were heard from throughout the stands. "Lead by Captain/Chaser Adrian Pucey; followed by Draco Malfoy, Seeker; Vincent Crabbe and Greg Goyle, Beaters; the Chasers David Flint , Graham Pritchard, and; and finally the Keeper, Malcom Baddock!" Lee continued as so did the boos. "And on the other side of the field, the Gryffindors! Lead by Co-Captains/Beaters Fred and George Weasley; Seeker, Ginny Weasley, Chasers, Angelina Johnson, Dean Thompson, and Lavender Brown; and cannot forget our own Keeper, Ann Marie Black!" The stands roared in cheers.

Madame Hooch then stepped onto the field with the box and released the Snitch and Bludgers. "You know what kind of game I want" she said as she stared at the Slytherin team. She then threw the Quaffle into the air and blew her whistle.

"And Baddock gets the Quaffle, and it's Pucey, Flint, Pucey. Whoa Pucey dodges both Bludgers as he passes off to Pritchard but intercepted by Johnson, Brown, Johnson. No Pritchard has the Quaffle again and passes back to Pucey and he shoots, and Black just barely misses it. Slytherin Scores 10 - 0!"

As the game went on Slytherin kept its lead as the Quaffle was taken back and forth across the field with the score of Slytherin 40 Gryffindor 10. "And Malfoy goes into a dive with Weasley close behind. Weasley closes in and they are neck and neck!"

"I thought you said you wouldn't go easy on me."

"I'm not!" Draco yelled as he started to pull ahead. He was then slowed down again as Crabbe and Goyle startled circling him with Ginny still concentrating on the Snitch.

Goyle was handling one of the Bludgers with his club "Well what have we caught here, looks like our old friendly ferret." Then he pelted the ball straight at Draco who barely missed it by going into another dive. Crabbe and Goyle continued hitting the Bludger back and forth while Draco tried getting away from them.

"And it looks like the Slytherins are having a bit of problems with their own team there as Malfoy's broom is hit by a Bludger sailing him into the air. Oh perfect landing right back onto his broom, doesn't look like Malfoy is feeling to good after that one." Lee announced.

Draco's mind quickly went back into the match as he caught up with Ginny once again. Finally the Snitch dropped downward again and Draco was the first into a dive quickly followed by Ginny. "I don't believe it, Malfoy caught the Snitch, Slytherin wins!"

The group of friends met up at the end of the field and laughed as they watched Snape yell at Crabbe and Goyle for their actions during the match. "Potter, Black, step over here for a minute." Snape ordered. As the boys went over to talk with him they noticed Fred and George dragging their brother behind them.

"Well say it." Spat George.

"Good try out there today Ginny." Said Ron."Thank you Ron." She replied.

Ron started walking away when Fred stopped him. "Congratulations today Malfoy." Ron then spat. Draco replied with a nod. "The only reason you won is because you weren't up against Potter anymore." Then he walked off towards the castle.

"You know you guys didn't have to do that." Ginny said.

"Yes we did." Said Fred.

"It would have been better if he had actually come up on his own."

"One day he will." George stated. "Hey Harry, what did Snape want?"

"To tell us that we are the new beaters." He replied.

"Too bad it didn't happen sooner. Didn't seem right not having you in the game." Fred said.

"Thanks. Come on guys, there's a party in the common room." Jamie stated. They all left for the dungeons when Jamie turned around and looked at Fred and George, "Sorry guys, Uncle Sev said you guys weren't allowed in there."

"That's alright, make sure you let your uncle know we still plan on finding a way in sooner or later." Stated George.

To be continued...
End Notes:
Please review
About Time by Demonic Angel

~ November 25th ~

Hermione walked into the library to study when she noticed Ann standing between some rows of books. She started to walk towards her when she overheard her talking to someone.

"Have you told anyone about what you saw?"

"No, I was hoping that you would."

"I'm not going to do that. Besides how would I be able to explain what I was doing out there. You're the one who followed them. I'd never get the story straight. Not to forget, I was at Quidditch practice at that time."

"Then say it happened at night."

"You try to explain to my dad why I was alone outside the castle alone. And on the edge of the forest no less. There is no way it would work."

"Come on now. No matter what, your dad would forgive you."

"Forgiving me is not worth him not being able to trust me. I'm sorry Ron but you need to tell them what you saw."

"They won't listen to me."

"Yes they will. They're your professors."

"Hermione, there you are." Ginny said as she entered the room.

Ron and Ann heard Ginny "I'll talk to you later" Ron whispered.

"No, talk to my dad." Ann replied. Ron then left looking at his sister and former friend.

"What was all that about?" Hermione asked.

"Oh nothing. Where is Bria? I thought she was going to meet us here."

"Her parents want her to rest up for the moon tonight." Ginny replied, "Every since Draco's dad was here they want her to be able to be more alert while they're out there."

"Can you blame them?" Hermione asked.

"I suppose not. So how's the research comin?"

"Well we have just about all of it definitely figured out but I still can't find what it means by darkness tears the night."

"Well let's keep looking. Where are the boys?"

"They went over to the weight room again."

"Go figure. Ever since Harry and Jamie were put on the team they're either working out or practicing."

"Yeah and when they aren't, you two are." Hermione stated.

"Trust me I know. My brothers are pushing us harder and harder now. I swear they've forgotten how to have fun."

"Don't give me that. I bet once the season is over they'll start pranking everyone more than ever just to make up for lost time."

"Hopefully they won't get to bad this year and forget about their N.E.W.T.S."

"I don't think mum would let them forget. Come spring holidays she'll be all over them to study."

"Your brothers actually study?"

"Well no, but mum will still be on them to."

"Come on, we're wasting time, this is one of our few chances to help you figure this out." Ann said. And with that they started looking through the books again.

*****************************

~ Meanwhile ~

"Professor Black? Can I talk to you?"

"Sure Ron but it sounds like you are already. What's on your mind?"

"Well I have noticed for the past few months now that there is someone following Potter and his friends."

"What do you mean someone is following them?" Ron then told Sirius everything he had seen and what he knew. "Listen, we're having dinner at Professor Snape's tonight, would you come by so that you can tell the others?"

Ron shook his head. "They won't want to see me. Not after all I've done. I doubt they'll even listen."

"I think they will, besides I did."

"But you're a professor."

"Not on weekends."

"Do I have to?"

"You don't have to but I think it would be best if you did."

"Fine I'll be there."

"Good, I'll see you then and don't worry, it'll be okay."

*****************************

~ Later that evening ~

"I told you we'd find them in here." Harry said.

"Do you three know because of you we haven't been able to eat dinner yet?"

"We didn't realize it was getting that late. Sorry."

"Hurry up then we're hungry." Jamie said.

"So Harry, where's dinner at tonight?" Hermione asked as they headed out of the library and down the corridor.

"You guys aren't going to let this rest are you?"

"What are you talking about, all I did was ask where dinner's at." She smirked.

Harry sighed, "Fine. Dinner is at my father's."

"See that didn't hurt now, did it?" Hermione said.

Harry just glared at her, "No, but keep it up and you could regret it."

"Oh and what would you do?" she teased.

Harry smiled, pointed his wand at her then mumbled a quick spell Hermione's mouth was quickly covered by duct-tape. "Now that's how it should be." Draco stated. "Took you long enough to do it though."

"Keep it up Draco and you'll be next." Harry smirked. They finally arrived at Severus' quarters and walked right in announcing their arrival. "We found them. What's he doing here?" Harry asked as he noticed Ron sitting on the couch.

"I asked him to come by. There is something that he needs to inform you of." Sirius stated.

"What happened to Miss Granger?" Severus asked.

"She opened her mouth one to many times." Harry stated.

Severus looked at his son, "Well I agree she seems to deserve that once in a while I suggest you remove the tape now."

"I can't but it will fall off when we sit down to eat. Now someone care to tell me what is so important that he had to ruin my appetite with his presence?"

"Harold James, I suggest you get rid of this attitude problem immediately."

"My name is not Harold and the attitude problem will leave when he leaves."

"Oh I beg to differ on both accounts." Severus stated as Harry glared at him.

"Break it up you two. I swear he acts more and more like you every day." Sirius spat.

"I am nothing like him!" Harry pouted.

"No, the way you're acting is worse than when I was your age."

Sirius shook his head, "Sorry Sev & Harry but you are both wrong. Now if we can get on with this we can then eat dinner."

Ron sat there for a minute looking over the death glares he was getting from his once two best friends & sister. "Well um, there's someone out there that has been watching and following you guys. It's not just random following once in a while either."

"Maybe it's one of Potter's many love sick fans." Smirked Draco.

"Well then she is also a fan of yours as well, I've seen her follow you around as well. Anyway, the thing is she has been mainly hiding behind trees and taking notes on everything you guys do."

"Hermione, is Skeeter still in the jar?" Harry asked and she nodded in response.

"Is this something I need to know about?" Severus asked.

"No, just be thankful that she's not around reporting everything to the paper again." Harry replied.

"Well do you know who it could be then?" Jamie asked.

"All I know is she's a student. I tried following her many times but I keep loosing her in the crowds in the school. A few times I saw her talking to someone else in the forest."

"Probably my dad." Draco said.

"No, they were to skinny to be your dad. I've never seen this person before. I think they're new. But whoever they are, they are the ones who have been telling everything to You-Know-Who."

"How can you be sure of who they are passing it onto?" Ann asked upon hearing information she wasn't told before.

"Ron intercepted some of the letters and gave them to me this afternoon." Sirius said.

"So what are we going to do now?" Harry asked.

"Well your father and I need to talk to Remus tomorrow and as for the rest of you, we will need to notify your parents to let them know what's going on." Sirius stated.

"So you guys ready to eat now?" Severus asked.

Hermione nodded frantically really only wanting the tape finally off her mouth while the boys were defiantly ready to eat. As soon as everyone sat down for dinner she started going at it. "Aaaahhh! I can't believe you did that to me and over nothing. Geesh, I hope you not going to act like that everytime someone teases you just the slightest bit. The nerve....the..."

Harry looked at her and started reaching for his wand but was immediately caught by his father. "Hand it over Harry." Severus said.

What are you talking about?"

"I know you're pointing your wand at her from under the table. Now hand it over." Harry then pulled his wand out from its hiding place and handed it to Severus. "You'll get it back when you go back to your dorm tomorrow night."

"But." Harry started but only got a glare from the man.

~ Next morning ~

"Good morning Harry, where are you off to?" Remus said as he, Dannie, and Bria returned from their night in the forest.

"Just for a walk around the lake. Sirius says he needs to talk to you later."

"Is he up already?"

"No, they're all still sleeping," Harry said. "Can Bria come along?"

"Only as long as you're back for breakfast." Dannie said.

"Come on that gives us a half hour." Bria stated and the two took off "So what does Sirius want with dad?"

"Ron showed up for dinner last night. He claims we've been followed by someone lately and he thinks they are the one that has been informing Voldemort about all of us."

"Did they issue any new rules for us because of this?"

"Not yet, I think they will pretty soon though. That's why they want to talk."

"So how'd you guys get along?"

"Well nobody got into a fight nor did I curse him."

"Well that's a start."

"Yea but it's not like I didn't want to. Just my father took away my wand." Bria looked at him with a smile. "Now don't you start in on me too. I'd hate to have to duct tape your mouth shut also." Harry said before he kissed her.

"You wouldn't dare."

"Ask Mione if I would or not."

"I can't believe you did that to her." Bria's senses then kicked in. "Um, Harry who is that over there?" she asked as she noticed someone behind Hagrid's hut.

Harry looked over and noticed that someone in dark robes moved into the forest. "I'm not sure but I guess Ron was right. We had better get inside." And with that the two ran back to their parent's quarters.

To be continued...
End Notes:
Please review.
Spy Revealed by Demonic Angel

Immediately Harry and Bria went running through the corridors nearly knocking over some students in their way and straight into Remus' quarters. "Remus are you still awake!" Harry shouted.

Remus came out of his bedroom "Yes, I'm still awake. Why are you two out of breath, what's wrong?"

"There's a Death-eater in the forest today. We saw them hiding behind Hagrid's" Bria stated.

"Are you sure it was a Death-eater? What were they doing?"

"Yes I'm sure. I would know the robes anywhere." Harry paused. "I'm not quite sure what they were doing. It was if they were just watching us. They left as soon as we noticed them."

"How many were there?"

"Just one." Bria replied. "At least that's all we saw."

"Well thank Merlin you didn't try to take them on."

"I couldn't have no matter how much I wanted to." Harry paused, " I didn't have my wand with me."

"What do you mean you don't have your wand with you? You of all people should know better than that."

"Well it was sort of taken away from me during dinner last night."

"What do you mean it was sort of taken away from you. Who would do that?" Remus asked

"My father."

"Your father? Come with me we'll get to the bottom of this." Remus said as he led the kids down the corridor to Severus' quarters mumbling all the way "Of all the things in the world to do. Putting his own child's life in danger like this. Merlin, sometimes I wonder what your mother ever saw in him."

"Looks like your dad's in for it now." Bria said as Harry smiled.

When they reached Severus' door Remus immediately started pounding on it while shouting. "Severus get your arse up and open this door now."

Silence

Remus started pounding again, "Severus I said..." Just then the door opened with Draco standing in the doorway rubbing his eyes. "Where is Severus?"

"Still sleeping I suppose."

Remus stormed past Draco while Harry and Bria were following close behind. He then started pounding on the bedroom door. "Severus get up, we need to talk now."

More silence

Remus opened up the bedroom door and noticed Severus sound asleep. He then went to the adjoining bathroom and filled up the bathtub with the water that if it was any colder it would have had ice chips in it. He then levitated Severus into the room unfortunately not being careful enough to keep him from hitting his head on the door causing him to wake up. "Draco, if you dare value your life then wouldn't... AAAAAGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!" Severus screamed as he entered the freezing water below him. "DRACO!" He immediately jumped out of the tub shivering and completely drenched glaring at the three teens laughing at him.

Remus stated, "I am not Draco."

Grabbing his bathrobe Severus stated. "Don't you think you are a bit old to be pulling a stunt like that?"

"Not when you endanger Bria and Harry's lives like you did."

"What are you talking about. I did not endanger anyone's life."

"They were outside at the lake when they saw a Death-eater over behind Hagrid's hut. Now unless that was you then they were completely defenseless."

"What were they doing down by the lake in the first place at this time of morning?"

"Harry meet us down by the entrance and I told them they could go. I had no idea then that Harry didn't have his wand on him." Remus then turned to Harry "Why did he take it away from you?"

Draco and Severus smiled as they looked at the boy while he replied "Well I was getting ready to hex Hermione again."

"What do you mean again? What did she do to you to deserve to be hexed in the first place?"

"This I am still waiting for an answer on" Severus stated.

Harry then thought about it for awhile. "Well nothing really I guess. I was just having fun."

Draco coughed "Bollocks." And Harry glared at him.

"The truth now Harry." Remus demanded.

"She was making a huge deal on how I referred to him as my father. I warned her about it and she dared me to do something." Harry continued "Come on now, You cannot expect me to turn down a dare."

"Well I guess I can see your point but still you didn't have to tape her mouth shut." Severus said.

"Well, what would you have done?" Harry asked.

"He would have done the exact same thing. In fact he has before." Remus replied.

"I have never done anything of the sort to anyone." Severus stated.

"You know that lie would work if you weren't talking to the person you did it to."

"When?"

"Back when James and I were teasing you because we figured out that you liked Lily."

"I would thoroughly enjoy taking full credit for that but it was not me." Severus said with a smirk on his face.

"Then who was it? The only people that were there was James, you, and I."

Severus smirked as he replied, "What you didn't know was that Lily was standing right behind the two of you."

"Why didn't you tell us that it was her. We wouldn't have pulled all those pranks on her afterwards."

"Yes you would have."

"Well, at least not as many of them. You should have said something." Remus said trying to defend his former actions.

"I wasn't going to give you free reign on her. You guys were already hard enough on her until Patty was transferred here." Harry and Bria laughed at the two men as they argued over a minor prank that happened so long ago. Severus then looked at them and said, "I don't know what you are laughing at. I'm not done with you yet. I can't believe you risked your lives like that."

"I really don't think they were going to try to hurt us. It was as if they were just watching us." Harry explained.

"And what if it happened to be Lucius or someone exactly like him. Then you would have really been in trouble. I suggest that you not take Lucius' threats so lightly." Remus stated.

"Yes sir." They replied.

"Now if you don't mind leaving. I would like to get out of these wet clothes."

"Well can I at least have my wand back?"

"I told you, not until tonight when you go back to your dorm."

"Then how am I suppose to defend myself if they are still out there?"

"I suppose since you cannot defend yourself you should remain inside. Besides you could use some studying for your potions class. From what I understand your grades have been barely acceptable in that class." Severus smirked.

"Well that's because the teacher is nothing but a slimy git who is so full of himself he's in dire need of an enema." Harry replied as he left the room.

Severus raised an eyebrow at his son's reply as Remus smiled at him and said, "You asked for that one."

*****************************

Later that day Sirius and Severus filled Remus and Dannie in on what Ron informed everyone of the previous night. "So what do you think we need to do? Give them even more restrictions?" Remus asked.

"I honestly don't think that would help. They are already confined to stay close to the castle. If we restrict them anymore than they are then they will most likely start to try sneaking off on their own." Severus replied.

"Are we sure it was a Death-eater." Dannie asked

"I really doubt Harry would say it was if it weren't. He knows what to look for more than any of the other kids." Sirius stated.

"But why would they be out there if they weren't going to attack? It's not like it was one of the parents, especially that early in the morning. It's not like them to just watch" Questioned Remus

"Unless they were trying to find out why they haven't received any information from their contact in awhile I'm not sure. Afterall Ron was able to intercept the last few letters." Sirius said

"So does Ron have any idea on who this contact is?" Dannie asked

"Unfortunately not, all he knows is that it's a female student." Severus replied.

"What about one of the kids in Slytherin, Sev?" asked Remus

""I've been running random bed checks during the nights and so far everyone has been accounted for."

"Ok then, I think we need to get with the other House Heads and have them do the same. Other than that our only option is to stand guard outside the owlery for awhile." Remus stated.

"What about the other children. If they are watching ours then they will most likely try to get the others as well." Dannie asked

"Luckily they are a close group and all reside in the same house. For the time being I think it's best that we keep it like it is." Severus said.

*****************************

~ Meanwhile ~

Bria, Chloe and Ginny joined their friends at a table in the library. "Whatcha working on?" Bria asked.

"Animagus studies. We are trying to get this blasted thing finished so that we can move on with the next step." Harry replied

"How far have you gotten on it?" Ginny asked.

"Only about half way. Leave it to the ministry to make us cover a 50 page exam with only 1 class per week to learn this stuff in." Jamie stated.

"Well its not something you can just jump right into, ask your dad how long it took them." Hermione said.

"He already told us time and time again. Five years and that was on their own without learning all the consequences." Ann stated.

"Well I can't wait until we're able to take the coarse next year." Ginny stated.

Ron entered the room and Ann waved him over to join them at the table. "What are you doing calling him over?" Harry asked.

"Well I figured we could use all the help we could get with this. Besides give him a break, afterall it has been two months. Don't you think its time your fight ended?"

"I am not the one who started it." Harry said in defense.

"At least you can be the one to try to end it."

"Hi Ann" Ron said quietly as he sat down next to her.

"Hey, what's up?"

Ron looked around at the group as they glared at him. "Nothing. I'd better get going, this wasn't a good idea."

Bria elbowed Harry who then grumbled, "No, you can stay."

Draco glared at Harry and mouthed "Are you nuts?"

"The way this year has gone. If I'm not already then I soon will be." He replied.

"Well at least you can admit it." Hermione joked.

"Hey guys, I hate to run but I have some stuff to do. Bria, you'll be back at the dorm tonight right?" Chloe asked

"Sure. I'll see you then." She replied as her roommate left.

"She left in a hurry. What's that all about?" Ginny asked.

"Not quite sure. We haven't really been talking a lot lately. Between her practice sessions and with me staying with mom and all. We finally were able to make plans to just hang out together tonight."

"So I suppose it will be a girl only thing?" Harry said.

"More like a roommate only thing. Don't look at me like that. It's just girl talk."

******************************

Later that night Bria worked on her remaining homework while she waited for Chloe to return. When she was done with that she started flipping through some of the textbooks to waste time but finally around midnight she wound up falling asleep.

*****************************

"Where's the information you were suppose to keep me informed on?" The shadowed figure asked.

"I sent it to you as ordered."

"How am I suppose to believe you when I don't receive any word from you in a month? I had such hopes for you and now you greatly disappoint me."

"I sent you the information that you requested. I don't understand how you could have not received it."

"Liar. Because of your incompetence I had to come here myself this morning so that I would have something to report back to Lord Voldemort. I could have been seen."

"I'm sorry. From what I have been told, you were seen."

"By whom."

"Harry and Gabriella. She told me that her senses picked up someone out here this morning and how they ran to her father immediately."

"Do you know if he saw my face?"

"No. They just saw you from the back as you were heading back behind Hagrid's. Why are you so concerned about him seeing who you are? Does he know you?"

"I told you when you came to me that there would be no questions. Now a punishment for your incompetence. Crucio!" The figure said before leaving the girl lying on the ground wrenching in pain. They then turned around and stated, "You will obey your orders or next time it will be worse." Then they apparated away.

*****************************

The next morning at breakfast Harry snuk up behind Bria and merely tapped her shoulder startling her. "Don't do that." She said as she jumped.

"Jumpy aren't we? Up all night gossiping?" he teased.

"Hardly. I wound up falling asleep and she didn't even show up back at the room until sometime after two this morning making all sorts of noise."

"Have you talked to her yet this morning to find out what happened?"

"No, when I left she was still sleeping." Bria replied.

"But she'll miss classes. You should have at least woken her up."

"Why? She's the one who stayed out all night."

"Glad I never had a roommate like you. We always woke each other up if we overslept."

"That's because you all snore so loudly. Besides don't worry. If all goes well then at the worst she will only be late for first class."

"What did you do?" he asked

"Oh nothing really. Just arranged for her to be thrown out of bed once class starts."

"And or coarse you won't be there to be blamed for it."

"Me? Of coarse not." Bria replied

"Are you sure the hat put you in the right house?"

"Who knows. It has been known to make mistakes before."

Not too much later Dumbledore stepped up infront of the hall. "Good morning. Now that the month is almost over I don't believe I need to remind you that the holiday seasons are soon upon us. With this will also come the Yule Ball for the third through seventh year students. This year I have decided to have the Quidditch teams work together in hosting the ball instead of the Prefects. I know that they will put on a spectacular event for all of you. Also we will have our next Hogsmeade trip in two weeks so that you will all be able to pickup gifts for your families. Have a good day."

"Well looks like this will be another year I won't be able to avoid going to the ball?" Harry stated.

"Why would you try to avoid it?"

"First of all I really can't dance. Secondly the girls here are so anxious to go they endlessly follow all the guys around not giving them any privacy."

"I'm sure we'll be able to work on your dancing problem. As for the girls, I can't see them following someone around who's spoken for."

"I've seen it happen too many times." he replied.

"So I can go following Ron around to see if he'll ask me?" Bria joked.

"Hardly not. You are already going to it with someone."

"I am? Well seeing how nobody's asked me if I would go with them it seems that I'm free to go with whomever I choose."

"You mean I actually have to ask?"

"If you want me to go with you then you do."

"Fine then maybe I'll just ask someone else." He said jokingly.

"Ok I'll make sure all the girls know that they can openly follow you around since your in need of a partner." Bria stated.

"You wouldn't dare."

"I don't think I need to afterall. Looks like the girls behind us already heard."

Harry turned around to notice that a group of younger girls from Hufflepuff were already staring at him smiling. "Thanks a lot."

"Don't thank me. Who wouldn't want to go with you in hopes of getting on the good side of your dad."

"You think you could help the situation out here before it gets ugly."

"How could I do that?"

"By doing me the hon..."

"Bria we're going to be late again if we don't leave now." Ginny said as she ran up to the two.

Bria gave Harry a quick kiss and said, "I'll see you later." As she ran out the door and onto class before he could say another word.

*****************************

Ginny and Bria were working together taking turns hexing one another and blocking with a new shielding spell that Sirius had taught them the previous week when Ginny asked. "Where's Chloe at?"

"I'm not sure. Class is almost over, I figured she would have been here by now."

"I guess your trick didn't work on her."

"It should of, besides.." Bria stopped herself as she saw her roommate enter the class looking a mess. "She's here now."

"She looks like she's ready to kill someone." Ginny whispered.

"Miss Diggory, I hope you have a good reason for arriving 45 minutes late for class." Professor Black stated.

Chloe ignored him and walked up to the two girls. "Thanks for waking me up in time." She snapped at Bria.

"Miss Diggory!" The Professor said again just a bit louder.

"What!" Chloe snapped back.

Professor Black glared at her and said. "First of all that will be 25 points removed from Ravenclaw and you will remain after class."

"Twenty-five points. What for?" Chloe asked.

"Fifteen are for tardiness and the other ten are for your attitude."

"Yes Professor." Chloe stated then she turned back to Bria, "See, it's your fault for not waking me up in time."

"That was not my fault. Besides why should I have to wake you up? You're the one who was out until two this morning then make all sorts of noise the rest of the night. I was almost late to breakfast myself." Bria continued. "By the way, what did happen to you last night?"

"Something came up that I had to take care of. Are you the one who did that to my bed?"

"Did what?" Bria asked acting innocent

"Charmed it to toss me out of it."

"Oh yea I did. Glad to hear it worked."

"It worked alright. Everytime I climbed back into it I was tossed right into the hallway."

"Oops, I think I made it to strong."

"Well that's not the worse part. I sat down on it to get dressed after my shower and it threw me into the hall again."

"You weren't.." Ginny started to ask

"Yes I was thank you very much. Just so happens that there were some of Cho's friends out there that I never want to see again."

Ginny giggled and Bria did the best she could trying to keep from laughing at her. "I'm sorry. I honestly didn't think that would happen."

"It had better not happen again." Chloe warned her roomate.

"I'll remove the curse this afternoon."

"Now I want you to keep working on this shielding spell during your free times this afternoon, I will testing its strength tomorrow. Class dismissed, with the exception of Miss. Diggory." Sirius stated.

"Chloe, do you want us to wait for you?" Ginny asked.

"Miss. Weasley, I do not believe that would be a good idea unless you would like to be late for Professor Lightpaws' class."

"Yes sir" she stated then turned joined Bria on her way to Herbology.

"Now Miss. Diggory, may I ask why you were late to class this morning?"

"Well, Bria and I were up late talking all night and we didn't get much sleep." Chloe lied.

"Is that so? I'm surprised that if that is the case then she would have normally made sure you were also awake." Sirius stated knowing the girl was lying since he had overheard the conversation that Bria and Ginny had before she entered the room. "As for your attitude when you entered the classroom this morning. You know I hate having to reprimand you students especially when you are friends of the family but today you gave me no option. You must remember that although I consider Bria part of my family I am also one of your professors and I do expect you to show some respect to that fact. Do I make myself clear?"

"Yes sir."

"I also must issue you detention for this incident How about you report to Madame' Pomphrey each night after dinner this week to work in the infirmary."

"But what about practice?"

"Ravenclaw does not have a match this weekend, I am sure they will not miss your sparkling personality for the short period of time. Besides I will inform your Head of House so that you may be excused."

Chloe sighed. "Thank you sir."

"Alright now, you had better head onto your next class." He stated as he handed her a tardy pass.

As the girl left the room Sirius jotted down a note to remind himself to ask Severus and Harry what they knew of the girl's family background for he knew the last name was vaguely familiar.

*****************************

"So will you be going to the ball with Draco this year?" Bria asked

"Of coarse I will, He asked me first thing this morning before Professor Dumbledore ever made the announcement. I suppose you and Harry are going as well?"

"Well so far no."

"What do you mean no. He has to be there. You two didn't get into a fight did you?" Ginny asked.

"No nothing like that. He just hasn't asked me yet."

"Well you know that you'll be going with him."

"Not necessarily. He doesn't really want to go and unless he asks me then we won't be." Bria replied

"Well everyone knows that you two will be there together."

"No everyone assumes we'll be there together. Besides it's kind of fun seeing him squirm a little."

"Well just to let you know. He kind of sucks at asking girls to these things." Ginny warned her.

"I know. You should have heard him stammer before you interrupted him this morning."

"Oh geesh. I'm sorry. I didn't know."

"It's alright. Don't worry about it. So who else is going that you know of?" Bria asked.

"Pretty much everyone. Mione & Jamie, Fred & Angela, George & some Hufflepuff girl, and Dean & Lavender."

"What about Ron and Ann?"

"I don't know. She hasn't said anything to me about it yet. But did you hear, Pansy is going with Goyle." Ginny stated.

"They deserve one another, but I never thought I'd see him without Crabbe."

"Let's just hope that Harry asks you before Crabbe does."

"Eew! You're sick. The only female that would probably go with him is Mrs. Norris."

"Nah, she'll be escorted by Filch." Ginny said. Just then Professor Lightpaws entered the class.

"Good morning class. Today with the announcement of the Yule season upon us we will start working on some holiday herb and oils to help get you through the winter months." Dannie continued, "Before we gather the herbs and plants I would like you to look up the medical and /or magical uses for the ones we will be using in class or gathering for your potions class. The herbs we will be studying are Bayberry, blessed thistle, laurel, pine, sage, and yellow cedar. The plants that we will be using are Evergreens, Holly, Mistletoe, and Oak. And you will need to list which parts of the plants are used." At that time Chloe entered the classroom and gave Dannie the pass from Sirius. "Thank you Miss. Diggory, you are just in time. Now class, since it is so cold outside, I have arranged with the Headmaster for us to be able to use one of the empty classrooms starting tomorrow. As for the remainder of the class if you would get your cloaks on we'll head back to the library so that you can get started on the research."

As everyone headed back into the castle the girls started talking once again.

"So, what happened with Professor Black?" Ginny asked.

"I got detention with Madame' Pomphrey all week. Bria, if he says anything to you I need you to tell him that I was late because we were up almost all night talking."

"Oh so your trying to pin partial blame on me for this? Maybe you should have talked to us before you went and lied to him."

"Well I didn't get a chance to. I had to come up with some sort of answer." Chloe replied.

"Chloe, I do hope whomever the guy you were with last night was worth it because Professor Black already knows the truth. He was standing right behind Bria when she was telling me what actually happened."

"What do you mean he heard you two. Why didn't you warn me?"

"Warn you? How was I suppose to know you would use me to cover up your midnight antics."

"Girls, keep it down please." Dannie stated.

"Yes ma'am" they said in unison. Needless to say Bria and Chloe didn't say two words to each other the remainder of the day.

*****************************

Finally class was over and due to the weather Care of Magical Creatures had been cancelled for the day. The animals had gone into hibernation, rendering them useless for class.

As Ginny and Bria left the library and headed onto the Great Hall to meet up with their friends Sirius approached Bria. "Miss Lightpaws, would you and Mr. Potter meet with me during lunch in my office?"

"Um, sure I suppose."

"Miss Weasley. I think you could help answer some questions as well. If you would join them please."

"Yes sir." Ginny stated then as he turned to walk away she turned to Bria, "I wonder what he wants to talk to us about now."

"I have no idea." Bria said as they entered the hall and walked up to their friends. She then pointed towards the group of girls hanging out by the Gryffindor table. "See what I mean by making him squirm. Looks like Ron still hasn't asked anyone to the dance either."

"I can't believe I was doing the same thing a year ago." Ginny said as Bria smirked.

"Hello hon." Bria said as she walked up to Harry who was sitting on the table. Instead of saying anything he then hopped off the table, took her hand and led her back out of the hall and into the stairwell. Harry then leaned against the wall enough so that the two were eye to eye he then wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her closer to him. To keep from loosing her balance she stepped forward with her legs on either side of his. "You know we're going to get into trouble for PDA again." She said as she wrapped her arms around his neck.

"No we're not," he said with a smirk. "Nobody's around to catch us, they are all teaching their classes."

"So why are we out here instead of with the rest of the group?"

"Because I don't want any of them interrupting us again before I can ask you."

"Ask me what?" she smirked.

"To the Ball of coarse."

"Oh that...Well ask away."

"You're really going to make me do this aren't you?" He asked and she replied with a small nod. "Fine then. Will you do me the honors of being my date to the ball?"

"I'm not sure if I can." Bria replied as he just stared at her. "I need to check the charts to find out when the next full moon is."

"Oh that. I already did. The Ball is on the 21st and the moon isn't until the 23rd."

"And you're sure you want to go?" she asked

"With you on my arm definitely. Even if it wasn't insisted on."

"Then how could I refuse." She replied as he gently started kissing her. As the two of them continued they compliantly lost track of time and ignored all the noise of the students entering the Great Hall for lunch.

After about another five minutes someone loudly clearing their throat interrupted them. As the two stopped and turned their heads to face the sound they noticed Sirius standing there with his arms crossed. "Do you realize your fathers are right now walking down the isle on their way out here to search for you two?"

"No, why?" Harry asked as Bria backed away from him.

Sirius then looked at Bria as she said "Sorry, we were suppose to meet him in his office when lunch started."

"You sure were. Now come on let's go." Sirius then motioned the Severus and Remus that he had the two of them with him and they soon came out with Ginny in tow.

When they got back to Sirius' office everyone was wondering what this was all about until he said. "Bria, I overheard yours and Ginny's conversation during class this morning but when I asked Miss Diggory after class what had happened to cause her to be so late. Would you care to tell us what happened that made you not feel like waking her up causing her to be late for class?"

Bria once again told the story and how she figured that Chloe had really been out with some boy. Sirius then looked at Harry and asked "Why does her last name sound familiar?"

"Her older brother is the boy that died at the end of the tournament." the boy replied.

"Ginny I did have some questions for you but I think we need to discuss this later. Why don't you kids go back to the Great Hall and eat lunch." He said as he directed the last sentence to Harry and Bria.

The three kids did as they were told to do then Sirius looked over at Severus. "Have you ever known of the Diggory's to be associated with Voldemort?"

"No I haven't, I was about to ask you what this was all about with the questions about Miss Diggory."

"Seems she was suppose to meet Bria last night for girl talk but didn't arrive until after two this morning. I tried looking for tracks this after class today but unfortunately there was a strong snow just before sunup."

"Looks like we have another suspect to keep an eye on." Remus said.

Unknown to anyone Chloe was standing just outside the class door. She then ran to write a quick note and send it from the owlery.

To be continued...
End Notes:
Please Review
Surprises by Demonic Angel
Author's Notes:
Have to apologize for the extremely long delay. Honestly I was without a computer for a long time then without service. So far so good on things being back to normal.....will definately update this more often. Thank you for the kind reviews and I truly hope you enjoyed this latest update.

The figure once again waited on the other side of the forest thinking to themselves If that girl has let me down again I will definitely get rid of her myself. I refuse to take anymore chances on any of them seeing me. Just then one of the school owl's arrived with the weekly report.

Madame'

I don't know how long it will be before I can send information again. Right now the Professors are suspicious of me and I cannot take any chances. I will send notice again as soon as I am able to.

Your Faithful Servant.

Foolish Girl, how dare she refuse. They thought as they sat down and replied to the letter.

We have an arrangement and no matter how incompetent you were to give them any suspicions, I still expect you to keep your end of the bargain. Just keep in mind what you are risking if you disobey your orders again.

They attached the letter to the owl and sent if back where it came from.

*****************************

"Are you girls ready to go? Everyone is gathering at the main entrance." Sirius asked

"Yea, just give me a sec." Ann replied.

"Hurry up, I don't know how much longer your brother and his friends are going to wait."

"Are you and Uncle Sev going to be there today too?"

"We'll be there later. Have everyone meet us at the Three Broomsticks at four for dinner." Sirius replied

"Ok, see ya later."

Finally everyone arrived at Hogsmeade and the group decided to go ahead and split up so that they could pickup the gifts for one another. The girls had the hardest time keeping away from the boys when it came to trying to find the right gifts for them at the Quidditch shop. Bria was able to sneak into the small shop next door with a small package she had stashed in her robes.

"This is all superior quality and extremely powerful. He must mean an awful lot for you to want him this well protected even though it won't quite be as powerful on the offense." The shopkeeper stated.

"So you're saying it can be done without taking away any of the strength?"

"Oh most definitely. In fact I do believe it may even be more powerful once we combine everything compared to how it is now."

"How soon can it be ready?" Bria asked

"Well my wife's grandfather happens to be the one who designs them and he's in the back room right now. I'm sure we can have it ready for you tonight around 4:30 before you have to go back to school."

"Oh, I have to meet my parents for dinner at four."

"Your quite lucky that they are able to visit with you at school."

"They aren't visiting, they are professors there."

"I graduated from Hogwarts two years ago. I don't remember any of the professors having children of their own attending school there. Who are your parents?"

"Well I sort of just transferred there at the beginning of the year. This is also mom's first year, she teaches Herbology, and dad has returned to teach Charms, he use to teach DADA."

"We had many DADA teachers my last few years. Lets see, Quarrel is dead, and you don't look like you could be related to that idiot Lockhart, you don't mean Lupin actually had a child?" Bria nodded not quite knowing what to expect the shopkeeper's response to be. "Well my wife will be heartbroken about that but I'm sure I can talk Grandpa into having it ready earlier. Why don't you come back about 3:30 and I'll let you know."

"Thank you." She said as he headed out of the shop and joined back up with Ginny, Hermione, Ann, and Ron.

"There you are. We were looking for you everywhere. Where were you?" Ginny said.

"Geesh, you sound just like my mom."

"No she sounds just like her mum" Harry said as he walked up and put his arm around her. "Where did you disappear to?"

"I was just inside talking to the shop keeper. I had some questions for him." She said.

"Harry where are Jamie and Draco?" Hermione asked.

"They are still over at Honeydukes. We're to join up with them there."

"Well let's go then, we still have awhile before we have to meet our parents." Ann said then she and Hermione led their group down the street followed by Harry and Bria while Ginny and Ron hung back to talk.

"So have you asked her yet?" Ginny said.

"Asked who what?"

"Don't give me that. You two are some of the only ones that aren't paired up for the ball next week."

"No I didn't. I don't think she even plans on going."

"Why not. I know you like her."

"But she still keeps in contact with some guy from her old school."

"Yeah, and how long has it been since she's seen him? What's it going to hurt?"

Ron looked shockingly at his sister and said "When Malfoy graduates would you go to the ball with someone else?"

"That's different."

"Not really."

"Yes it is, cause he wouldn't be all that far away so he could still come back and be my escort. Besides that's still quite awhile from now. Who knows we may not even be together anymore." Ginny replied

"Don't try to get my hopes up. I know I'll probably be stuck with a good for nothing ferret for a brother-in-law."

"Ron, please don't start. Just give him a chance, he has changed."

"I still don't trust him." Ron grumbled

"Fine don't trust him but at least be civil towards him."

"Fine."

"Good, I'll go get Ann and you can finally ask her." Ginny said as she ran ahead before Ron could protest. She stopped Ann right before she reached the entrance to Honeydukes. "Ann, Ron said he needs to talk to you real quick."

"Thanks" she said as she waited for him at the corner of the building.

"What's going on?" Hermione asked as they entered the store.

"Gin's trying to be like Ann and play matchmaker." Bria replied. She then took a look at the tall well built boy with sandy brown shoulder length hair that was talking to Jamie and Draco and tugged on Hermione's sleeve and mouthed "Whoa shit, who's that?"

Harry noticed the girl's expressions as they noticed the strange guy and he unconsciously tightened his grip around her shoulder pulling her closer to his side. Bria looked at him and smiled as she placed her arm under his robes and around his waist resting her thumb in his belt-loop and they all joined the three boys.

"About time you guys showed up. Matt, this is my cousin, Harry, that's Bria, Ginny, and this...this is Hermione." Jamie continued as he wrapped his arms around her waist from behind. "This is Matt, he's one of my friends from Salem."

"So you're the friends Ann keeps writing me about. Good to finally meet you." Matt said. "By the way, where is she?"

"She's still outside. Did she know you were coming?" Harry replied.

"No, thought I'd surprise her. Mom and dad gave me the trip as an early graduation present while they went onto Hawaii to visit some friends." He said as he glanced out the window, "I'll be right back."

*****************************

~ Meanwhile ~

Ron leaned his back against the building while Ann stood infront of him and said. "Gins said you wanted to talk to me?"

"Yeah, well um, I was just wondering if you would go to the ball with me."

"Ron, your one of my closest friends but, I told you I can't I'm still seeing Matt."

"No, the two of you are just writing each other. You haven't seen him since you got here. Besides we can go as just friends."

"You know what I mean. We may not have seen one another but we are still together."

"How long has it been since you heard from him, 2 weeks now? It's just one dance, besides how do you know he isn't seeing someone else."

Just then a voice replied from behind Ann, "Because she knows nobody else would be able to put up with me."

Ann froze at first then she turned around and looked at him and said, "This is why nobody else would put up with you. You haven't written in forever. You have me worried that something happened to you. You don't tell me your coming to visit. Why didn't you let me know? What are you doing..."

Matt rolled his eyes while listening to her ranting and knowing she would not let him get a word in until she was done so he leaned in a passionately kissed her until he felt her relax and wrap her arms around his neck. He then pulled her closer to him and broke off the kiss and said. "Glad to see this new school hasn't changed you."

"Why didn't you tell me you were coming?" Ann asked.

"Well I wanted to surprise you. That's why I haven't written. I didn't want to give it away that I would be here."

"You know how I feel about surprises."

"Sure do but, I missed you too much." He said smiling as he backed her against the building and started kissing her again.

Ron moved out of the way and joined the rest of the group who were now standing near the store's entrance watching the reunion. "Ron, I'm sorry."

"It's ok Gin, it's not like I didn't know he existed." He replied. "Um Jamie, does your dad know about him being here?"

"Yeah, I asked him last week if it was alright if he visited."

"Good so seeing them together won't come as a surprise to him."

"Well...that part I felt it would be safer to leave out." Jamie replied

"Unfortunately looks like he's just about to find out." Harry said just as Sirius stormed past the kids and up to the couple.

Sirius pulled out his wand and tapped the boy on the shoulder and said. "Excuse me, but I'm sure you would understand if I advised you to let go of my daughter."

The two stopped and Ann opened her eyes noticing the wand pointed at her boyfriend. "Daddy, put that away right now!" she screamed.

The boy turned around holding out his hand and said "Mr. Black sir. Nice to finally meet you I'm Matt. My parents and I would like to thank you for letting me stay with you during winter break."

"You're the one staying with us? Since when?" Sirius asked.

"Jamie said you gave permission for me to stay with your family during break."

Sirius then looked over at the group, which now included Severus, Remus, and Dannie. "Jamie Lee, I suggest you get over here right now." Jamie slowly walked over to the while Sirius continued. "You asked me if one of your friends from school to visit, not your sister's boyfriend."

"Well he is one of my friends, has been since my first year at Salem. They've only been together for the last two years. Mom use to let him visit during the holidays all the time."

"Did she know that your sister was dating him?" Sirius asked.

"Of coarse she did. I use to tell her everything." Ann said.

"She wasn't too happy about the age difference at first but I guess she got use to it." Jamie said as Ann glared at him for saying too much.

"Age difference? How old are you?"

"Just turned eighteen last week sir. I'll be graduating in June and if all goes right I'll be attending the university in London."

"Did I hear you right? You are eighteen? I hope you realize that Ann here is only fifteen?"

"Dad, I'll be sixteen next month. There is only a two-year difference. You don't get onto Jamie over his snogging sessions with Hermione." She spat due to the embarrassment for her father's behavior.

"You know what. We do not need to be having this discussion here on the streets infront of the whole school and town. We will talk later when we get back to the castle." Sirius stated.

Remus looked over at Severus and said, "I need to talk to you. I think I have an idea. Harry, tell your uncle we'll meet him at dinner." The two of them walked away so that they wouldn't be heard. "Listen there is no way that Siri is going to let that boy stay with him now."

"Where are you going with this Remus?" Severus asked.

"Well you still have that extra room. And Harry is going to have to move in there sooner or later since he cannot stay with me forever."

Severus sighed "I doubt he will be willing to move but if you can get him to agree to it then alright."

"We'll see. Harry, Ann, and um...you, would you come over here for a moment I need to talk to you." Remus said. The three kids went over to where the men were standing. "Before any of you say anything I need you to hear me out. Understand?" The kids nodded and he continued. "Due to what just happened I believe Severus and I have come up with an idea that just may keep things as normal as they get around here."

"I'm not going to like what you're going to say am I?" Harry said.

"No Harry you just may not but we need you to think about it." Severus said.

"Now Harry you do remember that you staying with me on weekends and holidays is only on a temporary basis, right?" Remus asked.

"Harry looked at the ground and mumbled "Yeah, I remember."

"Good, I feel it's finally time for you to start staying with your father. We can see how things go during um, what is your name?" Remus asked.

"Matthew" Ann replied

"Ok we can see how things go during Matthew's visit and then if you wish you can either stay there or move back into your rooms for a short while longer. In the meantime Matt I believe that with what we witnessed this afternoon it would be better for you to stay in Harry's old room. Is that alright with all of you?"

"Harry please. You know how mad dad can get." Ann begged. Harry finally nodded in agreement and Ann gave him a thank you hug.

"You owe me one though." He finally said.

"Now don't you guys get too excited. Ann you will not be allowed over unless I am there and when you are over the doors stay open and there will not be any snogging sessions like we witnessed today. I refuse to give your father anymore of a reason to want me dead other than what I am already doing." Remus explained

Severus then stated. "Harry as for you, Bria is allowed over anytime and go ahead and snog all you want."

"Severus!" Remus shouted

"Face it Remus it's different when you have boys instead of girls." He replied making Harry smile at him for the first time.

"Do you think I could stay with him instead?" Matt asked.

"Don't push it, he's my uncle. You know, my mom's brother that I warned you about?" Ann replied. "Harry, can we consider it payment in full now?"

While Harry was talking to his father and uncle Bria noticed it was getting late. "Mom, would you come with me to pickup something? It should be ready by now."

"I suppose but we have to hurry." She said as her daughter dragged her down the street.

"Well hello again." The shopkeeper said as they entered. "Looks like we were done just in time. Here what do you think?"

Bria looked it over and then looked at her mom "Think he'll like it?"

"I don't know. The thing is, will it work for him?"

"Well I have a confession. I was curious on who could mean that much to her so I was watching you and your friends outside. Grandpa was the person who made the one Harry has now so he was more than happy to be able to make this one as well. Before you give it to him though you have to charge it under the full moon for it to be at full strength."

"How much do I owe you?" Bria asked.

"Well since you did bring in more than enough supplies Grandpa was hoping we could work out a trade. You let us keep what's left over and the craftsmanship is free."

Bria looked at her mom then back at the shopkeeper and asked, "May I meet him?"

"Yes. Follow me." Bria and Dannie followed the shopkeeper into the back room. When they entered Bria was pleased to meet the elderly gentleman. He was average height with copper skin, and silvery hair that was in two long braids and had started whittling on what looked like was to be a flute. "Grandpa, this is the young lady whom you wished to trade with."

The elderly gentleman waved her forward and motioned for her to sit down. After a few moments of silence he finally spoke, "So you are the wolf cub I have heard of."

Bria felt like she was infront of the elders back home again and she lowered her eyes to the ground and quietly said. "Yes sir."

The man looked back and forth between the two ladies then said, "Mother was a wolf as well as her mother before her. Do not feel ashamed for you are rare. You come from two wolf parents, which makes you stronger." he then paused for a moment before looking closely at both of them "You have a tough road ahead of you but you will be alright as long as you stay on this path you have chosen. I know you have plans but, I would be honored if you would come and visit again so that we may talk when you have more time."

"I am the one who would be honored sir. It was a pleasure meeting you." Bria said then held out her hand and continued "Good trade."

The man smiled back at her as he took her hand "Good trade."

Bria placed the package into the inside pocket of her robes and they left the shop. They immediatly noticed everyone waiting for them infront of the Three Broomsticks and they headed in that direction. Dannie and Bria hadn't gone forty feet when the Quidditch shop exploded and from the smoke appeared the Dark Mark. The force from the blast threw the two of them along with passerby's to the ground.
"Dannie!" "Bria!" Remus and Harry shouted in unison as they ran out to the street to help them up.

"Harry! No!" Severus yelled as he tried to stop Harry from running out there.

Sirius turned to the kids and said "I need you three boys to lead Matt and the girls back to school."

Matt noticed all the Death-Eaters appearing everywhere and said. "Sir, let me stay and help."

"No, you are here as a guest. As much as we could use you I am not risking your life."

"But Sir..."

"Ann, Get your boyfriend out of here NOW!"

Ann grabbed Matt's hand and pulled him into Honeydukes with the others to take the passage back to the school. Just as the trapdoor closed behind them there was another explosion from right above them. "Run faster, it's going to cave-in on us." Matt shouted as he heard the rubble crash to the ground.

"NNNNNOOOOOOOO!" Sirius screamed as he saw the building explode and started running towards it.

"They had enough time to get to the passage. They will be just fine." Severus said as he stopped Sirius from racing to the building while he tried to hide his own doubt.

In the meantime Remus and Harry helped the girls off the ground and ran for cover as the Death-eaters were wildly throwing curses all around. "Harry as quickly as you can, get Bria back to the school." Remus said.

"But what about you and mom?" Bria asked.

"We'll be fine. I need to stay and help get the other kids back. Now you get to safety and I promise we will see you at the school." Dannie replied.

"Pssst, children over here." The elderly gentleman whispered. "Come on now." Bria grabbed Harry's hand and led him back to the shop that they came from. As they ran back to the building they wound up dodging curses along the way but finally made it inside. "Hurry, get under the counters" he continued he then picked up the flute he was whittling on earlier and started playing it. As he played the kids noticed a bubble forming around them. Right as they were fully surrounded the building exploded but the rubble didn't penetrate their shield. Bria heard her parents scream her name but Harry held her arms in order to keep her from leaving the shield.

The fighting continued until half the town had been destroyed and almost all the children were safely back to school grounds. The Sirius noticed two third year girls trying to outrun the curses being thrown at them. He then went over to try and help them to safety leaving Severus by himself to fight off the attackers.

The elderly man stopped playing his flute and the shield around them disappeared. He then led the kids through the rubble to the back alley. "Sir thank you again for your help." Bria said as she hugged him.

"Please call me Grandpa, everyone does. Now you two take care of one another and be careful."

"Sir, how did you.." Harry started to ask.

"Next time I see you I will explain it. Your parents are looking for you." He said.

Harry shook the man's hand and the ran through the alley when they saw Bria's parents. "Mom! Dad!" she yelled.

"Bria! Harry!" Dannie yelled in joy of seeing that the two of them were alright.

Severus heard his son's name called out so he turned around to see where it was coming from. Just at that time three Death-eaters come up from behind and all pointed their wands at him yelling "CRUCIO!" Severus fought it all he could but finally collapsed into unconsciousness.

Harry stiffened up from the pain of the curse that was cast and as soon as he was able to he went running towards them. One of the Death-eaters then pointed his wand at Harry and again yelled "Crucio!" while the other two picked up Severus' limp body and headed to where they originally came from. Harry then collapsed to one knee, which opened the attacker up to Remus' aim.

"Stupify" Remus yelled to stun the man and end the curse.

Harry then got back up and started running after the other two shouting "DAD! NO!"

Unfortunately they had already gotten away with Severus in tow.

To be continued...
End Notes:
Please review.
Family Bonds by Demonic Angel
Author's Notes:

I've received a few complaints on not having 'Mary Sue' warnings. To be honest I have to tell you, they are not necessary for there is mention that there are original characters....and I do know the difference between the two, now do you?.

If you want to tell me who you really think the 'Mary-Sue' is then feel free to place that in the comments....also make sure you come back to read my response. You may just learn something about the author.

Sirius heard his Godson/nephew's scream and he turned around. There he noticed the boy collapsed to his hands and knees in exhaustion while rubble littered the ground around him. As Harry knelt on the ground not wanting to get up he slammed his fist into the ground and quietly said "No. Dad no!” He then leaned back on his legs, brushed his hair back from his face and looked through tear stained eyes to the direction on where they disappeared and thought I should have known this was going to happen. I always know when Voldemort's going to attack. Why didn't I know about this one? No burning, no dreams, nothing.

Bria quietly walked up from behind him. "Harry?" He slowly acknowledged her presence by reaching up and taking her hand in his.

Sirius then approached the two and placed a hand on Harry's back to help him up. Harry jerked away from the touch and glared at him while he said, "You left him. I saw it. You knew they would want to capture him for hiding me and you went off and left him alone. Do not come near me again." Sirius immediately stepped back from him.

"Harold James!" Remus shouted as he heard the boy's words.

"Remus no, he's right. I did know that they wanted him and I did leave him to fight alone. For that I am sorry." Sirius continued, "Harry, you need to know. There were others in trouble that needed help too. I wouldn't have left him if I didn't think he couldn't handle himself."

"Sirius you were not..."

"Remie, please. We have to get back to the school. I need to know if the rest of the kids are there." Sirius said as he slowly turned and headed towards the castle.

Bria then helped Harry back onto his feet and they also headed back while Remus and Dannie followed behind. When they reached the school Albus and Minerva greeted them at the front door. Albus looked over the five of them and said, "Where are Severus and the rest of the children?"

"They have him." Harry said as he stared at the floor.

"Albus, I'm taking these two to see Pomphrey." Minerva said and led Harry and Bria to the very crowded hospital wing.

"Which children are missing?" Sirius fearfully asked.

The older man placed his hand on Sirius' shoulder and said, "I'm sorry but the twins, Draco, Ginny, and Ron have not reported back yet. When did you last see them?"

Sirius took a deep breath and said "They all ran into Honeydukes just before it exploded." He then started to stumble and grabbed onto the wall for support.

Remus walked over to him and said, "Come on, we need to check the passageway. They could still be down there."

"I don't think they had enough time to get there. It all happened so fast."

"Siri, come on. We still need to make sure. Albus will you get the other professors to help us. That passage leads underground and I'm afraid we may need some help down there."

Sirius didn't say another word, just quietly followed. Just then Fred and George arrived, "Professor Lupin, we just saw Harry, where is Ron and Ginny?"

"We think they are still down in the passageway. Why don't you two come with us just in case we need your help."

Albus went and gathered up some of the teachers leaving the remaining to watch over the students.

*****************************

~ Meanwhile ~

"Is everyone alright?" Matt asked as he sat up shaking the dirt from his hair.

"It's a little hard to breathe with all the dust but other than that, yeah." Ginny replied.

"What happened?" Ron asked

"The building exploded just as the door closed. That's what caused the cave in." Matt continued. "Back home we had heard that there were problems here but this...I never imagined anything like this before."

"This was the worse one we've seen. Usually it's just small attacks on a few homes." Draco stated. "This one was as if it was just thrown together and never truly planned out."

"How do you know so much about the attacks?" Matt asked.

Draco sighed, "My father. He has a pensive for each attack that he participates in. He use to make me watch and study them as part of my training." Ginny then wrapped her arm around his waist and rested her head against his shoulder.

When the dust finally cleared the kids all helped one another off the ground and started heading in the direction of the school. Finally they came to a dead end. "Ron are you sure we went the right way?" Jamie asked.

"Yes I'm sure; I have been in here to many times to get lost. Hang on, I have an idea." He said as he pulled out his wand.

"Ron no, the tunnel is to." Hermione started to say.

"Lumos" Ron said before anyone could stop him.

Just then the tunnel started shaking from the blast and more rubble fell down around them and they all screamed.

*****************************

"Professor Black, did you hear that?" George asked.

"I did" Remus said as he started running after Sirius who was already heading towards where the screaming came from and everyone followed along until they reached the all of debris.

"Jamie! Ann! Can you hear me?" Sirius shouted. The only sounds came from more dust that started falling down due to the noise. They quietly waited and carefully listened for a reply but there was none.

"Ok, the tunnel is too loose; we won’t be able to use magic to get them out. Fred, George, I need you two to go find Filch and have him gather up all the equipment he has that we can use to dig up through this." Remus said.

The boys ran to get the supplies and some of the older kids to help out. While they were gone the adults started removing what they could of the loose debris.

As Harry and Bria were entering the Great Hall from the infirmary they saw the two boys gathering up all the older students that they could. "What's going on?" He asked.

"Your uncles think they found them. The tunnel has caved in and they are still down there." Fred said.

"Wait up I'll join you." He said as he left Bria with her mom and the other students. On their way out they gathered up the shovels and pick-axes that Filch brought into the building.

When the children all arrived to the work site Remus looked at all of them. "Thank you for coming." He then looked to see who all was there. "Alright now, you, you, and you, I need the three of you to cast a supporting charm to keep any more of the rubble from falling while we remove all of this." He said to his top three seventh year students.

After a few exhausting hours of digging away at the wall they finally broke through and were hit by the smell of the stale air. As the fresh air filled the small room the seven kids were in they started to stir. Fred and George then instructed the two kids closest to them to let Madame' Pomphrey know that they found them and to get ready.

Once the hole was big enough the children started climbing out. Ron being the closest to the entrance he was the first one out. As he exited he reached out for support to keep from falling when Harry grabbed his arm. The two just stared at each other and nodded then helped the others out. As soon as Ann and Jamie emerged from the hole Sirius pulled the two into a huge bear hug while he fought back the tears. "Um, dad. You're squishing me" Ann coughed. Sirius just looked at her and smiled then purposely gave her another squishing hug. The seven kids wound up spending the night in the infirmary torturing Pomphrey the whole time since that was the next to the last place they wanted to be stuck for the night.

*****************************

"Harry, Remus and I would like to speak with you if you don't mind." Albus said. Harry nodded then followed the two men to the headmaster's office. When they entered Remus stood over by the window while Dumbledore motioned for Harry to sit down. "How are you doing after today?"

"I'm not sure. It all happened too fast." Harry replied.

"I know it did and I hate to bring it up but with your connections I must. Do you have any idea on what their plans are for your father?" Albus asked the boy.

"That's what I cannot understand I've always known about what Voldemort planned to do. There were no warnings this time...It...it just happened."

"Are you saying that your scar hasn't bothered you at all?" Remus asked.

"Yes sir."

"What about your dreams?"

"The same as they have been over the past few years. Just the way my mum and James died." Harry continued. "Sir, does this mean I'm no longer connected to Voldemort?"

"Unfortunately I really don't have any answers on that. I am just as puzzled as you are. If you feel or hear anything at all let your uncles or myself know immediately. Agreed?" Albus stated.

"Yes sir."

"You can head on back to your quarters if you'd like." Dumbledore said and the boy nodded and started to leave. "Oh Harry, one last thing."

"Sir?" he said as he turned around.

"Don't be too hard on Sirius. If he hadn't left Severus' side today then he wouldn't have been able to help the other students."

"I'll try sir." Harry continued out the door while Remus stayed behind.

"Do you think he was telling us everything?" Albus asked.

"I've been watching him closely the past few months and I honestly think that if he had any reason to think this could have happened then he would have said something."

"Even with knowing their past history you truly believe this."

"You know both of them as well as I do and although this has been awkward for the two of them, and as much as they will outwardly deny it. Harry has finally accepted and started caring for him as his father." Remus continued. "Is there any reason that you could think of that he wouldn't have known of Voldemort's plans to attack?"

"There is one thing but it's too hard to even imagine someone doing."

"What would that be?" Remus questioned

"Well you have seen the power that the Dark mark has over Voldemort's followers. How it makes them loyal first to him and then only their blood line."

"Of coarse, we see Sev fight it daily even with that counter curse James and I put on him."

"Well imagine someone who willingly follows Voldemort without taking the Mark. They choose to show him complete loyalty without any curses or magic keeping them there."

"Do you actually think that someone could be that evil to do such a thing?"

"I'm afraid the possibility is there." Dumbledore then sighed, "I need you to tell me everything that happened today as it happened."

Remus explained in full detail what went on that day in town.

*****************************

~ In a small dungeon cell ~

"Our master will be quite happy to see you again. He has some things he wishes to speak to you about."

"Then why am I here being held captive instead of meeting with him?" Severus asked.

"My mistress would like us to prepare you for his meeting."

"Your mistress?"

"Yes, your capture will surely make her our Lords next in command. Until then you are to be used as practice for the new recruits."

"You have to be joking. I have served the Dark Lord for sixteen years, as did my parents. He would not permit this." Severus stated.

"Maybe not to his most faithful but, you have betrayed him for far too long. We all thought you would have learned after the last time you refused to obey him."

"I have remained most loyal to the Dark Lord. How dare you make such accusations without proof."

"My Dear Severus, I beg to differ. Lord Voldemort knows all about how you have tainted your bloodlines with that filthy Mudblood and kept his existence a secret from him." Said a cloaked figure in the shadowed corner of the room.

"You know who I am are you going to at least let me know whom I was captured by? Your voice is vaguely familiar."

"You could say we have met before but as for who I am, that will remain a mystery." She continued, "Although I will introduce you to the new recruits."

Just then 5 children ranging between the ages of ten and twelve entered the cell. "You have got to be kidding. They are too young to be useful Death- eaters." Severus stated.

"Not quite. They are the perfect age to start their training. You see, even Lucius started training Draco at this age but the difference is that he allowed his son to go onto Hogwarts. These children will remain here and continue their training until they are of age to join his ranks. There will be no need for them to be so easily recognizable by the Dark Mark."

"That doesn't guarantee that they will still follow him."

"Why not? There is no reason that they won't as long as they remain in our care. Now students, you can practice any curse you have learned on him with the exception of the killing curse. You will need to keep him alive so that he may meet with the Dark Lord." With that she left the room leaving the children to their training.

*****************************

During the middle of the night Remus was awaken by a loud scream. He immediately sat up and listened again when he heard, "DAD! NO!" Remus then got up and knocked on the boy's door.

"Harry wake up. You’re having another nightmare." He said

"AAAHHHHH!"

Remus then tried to open the door but it was locked. "Accio Wand! Alohamora!" he then ran and saw the boy sitting curled up on his bed wrenching in pain. "Harry, what's going on?"

"The...they're torturing him." He said between grunts.

"Who? Voldemort?" but all Harry could do was shake his head. "You're going to the infirmary. Now." Remus stated as he levitated the boy up and out the door.

As they entered the hospital wing Sirius met them in the hallway. "Have you seen Albus?"

"No, but Harry needs Poppy's help." Remus put Harry in the room with the other children.

"I'll stay here with them and you get the headmaster." Sirius stated.

Remus looked over at the kids and noticed the twins were looking uncomfortable but at least sleeping. "Are you sure you're going to be alright. What about the twins?"

"Poppy gave them dreamless sleep potion. How bad has it affected Harry?"

"He woke up screaming and his pulse is racing. The thing is, I don't know how long he's been going through this nor how much more he can take?"

"Don't worry Remus, I'll give him something to ease the pain but we will have to keep an eye on his heart rate to make sure it doesn't get too fast." Pomphrey stated as she looked over Harry until he let out another scream in pain. She then noticed that the rest of the kids were waking up from the noise. "I'm going to have to put a silencing charm around his bed so that he doesn't keep everyone else awake."

Remus then went and got the Headmaster, by the time the two of them had returned Sirius was pacing back and forth. He then stopped and directed the two men into the hallway. "I don't like this. He has completely closed himself off and he is not responding to anything. He just sits there all curled up shaking and screaming in pain."

"Well as long as we know he has this pain, we also know that Severus is still alive."

"But Albus, how much longer can he keep up like this?" Remus asked.

"That is up to Harry. In the meantime we have to get Severus away from Voldemort. Does Harry know where he is?"

"All he would tell me is that they were torturing him." Remus stated.

"They? Are you sure you heard him right?" Sirius asked.

"Yes."

"Did he say how many? Maybe it's Voldemort and Lucius you know how they enjoy torturing people."

"I don't think so Siri. When I asked him if it was Voldemort he shook his head."

"That could have just been from the pain. We are going to have to keep an eye on him, whomever is doing this is going to have to stop and rest at some point." Albus continued. "Only then will we have a chance at getting some answers out of him but he will most likely be incoherent and exhausted so show him some patience."

After a few hours the morning light started coming in through the windows when Ann woke up and went over to the men sleeping in chairs. "Morning Dad!" she said a little too loud in his ear.

Sirius jumped from being startled awake. "Morning sweetheart. You look like your feeling better."

"Well I think they went to sleep and left him alone."

"They? You mean there's more than one?" Sirius asked.

"I think there are at least three of them. The curses hit differently each time." Ann replied.

"There are five of them." Harry stated.

"Harry! Welcome back." Sirius said with a smile. "How are you feeling?"

"Tired, sick, I hurt everywhere. How do you expect me to feel?"

"Sorry, bad question. Listen, are you sure there are five of them doing this to your father? Do you recognize any of their voices?"

"Yes, there are five of them. All different voices and different strengths." he then paused and thought for a moment, "No, I don't know any of their voices but I thought nobody joined Voldemort until they were nineteen."

"From what I understand that's correct why would you think otherwise?" Sirius asked.

"They sounded like children that were ganging up on someone. It was as if they thought this as a game."

"Harry, are you sure of what you are saying?" Remus stated as he sat up in his chair.

"I'm sure. It reminded me of when Dudley would have his friends at his parent's house."

"Do you know where he could be?" Sirius asked.

"He was mumbling about four small cells in a dungeon."

"That could be just about anywhere. Almost every manor has a dungeon hidden somewhere. Did he say anything else?" Remus asked.

"He could smell old blood and fish. He said outside his window was an old climbing tree that was slanted."

"Dad?" Ann questioned.

"Not now sweetheart." Sirius said. "Remie, does any of this make any sense to you?"

"Harry, are you sure you heard him right?" Remus asked.

"Yes I'm sure. Can I go to sleep now?"

"But dad?"

"Ann please not now. We have to figure out where your uncle is before this gets any worse." Sirius spat.

Ann then spun around and stormed out of the hospital room slamming the door open so that it hit the wall as she left. Matt quickly jumped up and chased after her. "ANN! Wait up!" But she kept on walking. "Ann!" he said again as he caught up with her. "Where are you going?"

"I need to check on something. Geesh I can't believe he won't even listen to me. Did you see how he just brushed me off like that? Here I think I know where..." Ann ranted until Matt gently grabbed her arm so she'd face him and then kissed her. This time Ann was the one to break the kiss and then looked up at the young man. "Good morning, Sorry about that."

"Don't fret it. Now where were you in a hurry to?"

"Up to my dorm. I have to try to find something. Are you coming?"

"Um, yes. I guess so." Matt said.

The two finally got to Ann's dorm room and Matt stood out in the doorway while Ann pulled her album out from under her bed and stretched out across it. "Now where is that one." She said as she flipped through the pages. "Here it is. Are you coming in or what?"

"Well um."

"Matt, we've known each other for years. You've never been afraid to enter my room before."

"That was before I met your dad and he threatened me." the boy replied.

"Well then keep the door open and nobody can say anything. Now come here, it's just for a moment" She said as she sat up. "Did you hear what Harry was describing?"

"Yes"

"Look at this." She said as she pointed out a photo. They then looked at each other and she smiled as she pulled the photo out of the book. "Let’s go." The two ran all the way back to the hospital room and almost ran into the others except Harry who had gone back to sleep as they were leaving. "Jamie, is dad still in there?"

"No, he went up to the Headmaster's office."

"Follow me." They then ran to Dumbledore's office but stopped when they reached the gargoyle. "What is the password? Matt name some sweets."

"What?"

"Just do it. Gummy bears."

"Reese's Peanut Butter Cups"

"Licorice whips"

"Sugar Daddies"

"Chuckles" then the gargoyle moved and they ran up the stairs and barged in the door. "Dad look."

Remus, Sirius, and Albus were sitting looking at maps of Wizarding communities that had lakes or were along the ocean when Sirius shouted. "Ann. I said not now. Can't you see we're very busy?"

"Dammit Dad. If you would listen. I know where Uncle Sev is!" Ann yelled as she threw the photo on top of the map then stood in front of him with her arms folded in a Snape-like manner.

Remus picked up the photo as Sirius then jumped up knocking his chair onto the ground and turned towards the girl "Ann Marie! How dare you talk to me like that. I told you how many times that we are busy. If you cannot under..."

"Sirius! Calm down right now. She is right, she found what Harry said." Remus interrupted. "Look for yourself." He continued as he handed the photo over to his friend.

Sirius looked closely at the photo of three toddlers playing ball in a backyard then one of them with his butt in the air trying to go after it as it disappeared into a bared window along the ground. He then noticed the tree behind the younger version of his children laughing at the youngest of the three kids. "Remus, I hate to tell you but the house was destroyed the night they died."

"That may be so but what about the dungeons underneath it. There were a good 3 levels of them under the house. Besides if I remember right wasn't that the tree you hated so much?"

"I suppose it is. When do you want to leave?"

"How about after dinner tonight?" Remus suggested and Sirius agreed. "Albus, I know all the other students will be going home for the holiday but as for the boys...I know Dannie can handle the girls but I don't want to stick her with all the boys as well."

"They can sleep in their dorm room while you are gone. I'll have someone keep an eye on them." Albus said as he noticed Sirius stretch and Remus tries to hide a yawn. "You two have had your hands full with the kids in the hospital all night. Why don't you go get some rest before you set off on the trip."

"Still playing at being a parent to us aren't you?" Sirius jokingly said.

"Of coarse I have known you most of your lives, just like the rest of the children who pass through here. You will always be my kids."

"As you wish pops. I'm going to stop and check in on Harry first." Sirius said as he turned to leave. On his way down to the infirmary he ran into Bria.

"Have you seen my dad and Harry?"

"Well your dad is probably with the Headmaster still but I'm on my way to see Harry in the infirmary."

"Infirmary? It didn't have anything to do with his dad, did it?"

"I'm afraid so. Your dad brought him here during the middle of the night and it looks like it has finally stopped for the time being."

"They are going to be alright aren't they?" she asked.

"I hope so." He said as they entered the room. "Harry, wake up you have a visitor."

Bria sat down in the chair next to the bed and took Harry's hand in hers. Harry slowly opened his eyes and looked at her, "Good morning." He said smiling.

"Morning. I heard what happened last night. Your uncle told me what happened last night. When do you think you can escape this place?"

"The sooner the better. They don't let anyone sleep around here. Between the people visiting and then all the poking and prodding they do I don't know how anyone can get well." He said as he sat up hanging his legs over the side of the bed.

"You mean like this?" She said as she started poking him on both sides of his rib cages with her fingers. Harry started squirming from being tickled so to get her to stop he grabbed her wrists and moved them up behind his neck then wrapped his arms around her waist to pull her in for a kiss.

Just then Remus entered the room. "Well I'm glad to see that you are starting to feel better." Out of frustration Bria accidentally let out a small growl from the back of her throat. "Am I mistaken or did you just growl at me young lady?"

"No you're not mistaken. You interrupted us." She said.

Remus then turned to Sirius, "And you were going to just stand there? Wait a second, look who I half expected to stop you two."

"Um, is there a reason you guys stopped by?" Harry asked changing the subject.

"Matter of fact there is." Sirius said as he pulled up a chair. "I just wanted to let you know that I am sorry for leaving your father alone yesterday and thanks to Ann Marie, we believe we know where he is."

"Where is he? Can I go with? When are we leaving?"

"He's being held at Godrics Hallow and Remus and I plan on leaving right after dinner."

"Can I go with?" Harry asked again.

"Harry, after last night's episode we cannot risk that happening while we are doing this." Sirius said.

"But..."

"No buts Harry. It will just be the two of us." Remus said and Harry pouted.

"Harry, I promise I will not come back without him. Do you understand that?" Sirius stated.

"Now one last thing. While we are gone and you get out of here, we had to have your things moved back to your dorm room. We need to keep you boys together.

"Yes sir. But who's going to be the Head of House while dad is gone?"

"I'm not sure but Dumbledore said he would have someone for you boys."

Sirius then dragged Remus out of the room leaving the kids alone so that they could get ready for their journey that night.

To be continued...
End Notes:
Please Review


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=667